1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
mscha
Posts: 6908
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:21 pm UTC
Location: NL
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby mscha » Mon May 13, 2013 9:46 am UTC

ggh wrote:
mscha wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Well, if Randall says it's a raptor, then it's DEFINITELY a raptor.

I hate to nitpick¹, but he says it's a dinosaur, not necessarily a raptor. Image

Edit: when the Omrthisisdefiniteproofthatrandallisreadingtheottists de-coma, they're going to have a field ikositetranewpix...

First of all, don't click the spoiler if you're planning to watch the Sopranos.
He didn't "say" it was anything, but he went out of his way to remark on peregrine falcons, illustrated one, and drew it to look just like the bird he drew for the OTC. If it ain't a peregrine falcon in the OTC, maybe
Spoiler:
Tony Soprano is still alive.

What I meant was: Randall says (draws) in the NOC¹ that birds are dinosaurs. Randall drew a bird in the OTC. Ergo, we have a dinosaur, no matter whether it's a peregrine falcon or not.

ggh wrote:I don't think this is evidence that Randall reads the thread. Many things could be. It might provide an insight on the OTC, or maybe just on the way Randall works. I doubt he draws one comic just in time for the deadline three times a week. Maybe he had this comic waiting in the wings (ha) and thought it would be funny to bring it out to coincide with the falcon in Time. Or maybe it is important for the puzzle of the OTC that we know what kind of bird it is and the other comic was carefully put there for us. Maybe the falcon in the other comic came first, and then he thought, "hey, why not throw this into Time too?"

I agree with you, I'm not an Omrthisisdefiniteproofthatrandallisreadingtheottists. Your theories sound sensible.

¹: New Other Comic
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Image
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:
Image
Image

User avatar
mscha
Posts: 6908
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:21 pm UTC
Location: NL
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby mscha » Mon May 13, 2013 10:10 am UTC

WONGIED...
Image

-- posted by newpixbot

Edit: what? The only thing Google tells me is that it's a valid Scrabble word.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Image
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:
Image
Image

User avatar
Flotter
Posts: 264
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:33 am UTC
Location: Heerenveen, NL

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Flotter » Mon May 13, 2013 10:26 am UTC


User avatar
ggh
Posts: 1952
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:45 am UTC
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ggh » Mon May 13, 2013 10:29 am UTC

mscha wrote:What I meant was: Randall says (draws) in the NOC¹ that birds are dinosaurs. Randall drew a bird in the OTC. Ergo, we have a dinosaur, no matter whether it's a peregrine falcon or not.

Um, yes. I got sloppy in my excitement. You're right.

I'm surprised a bit at myself. After a month and a half I still really enjoy whole-heartedly advocating hypotheses that will be disproved in a few newpix. I hope this channel for my highly-opinionated-ness is giving a bit of a break to the people in the outside world who usually listen to my bullshit. :)
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

User avatar
mscha
Posts: 6908
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:21 pm UTC
Location: NL
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby mscha » Mon May 13, 2013 10:36 am UTC


Well, past tense of the verb ‘wongi’, I assume they mean. Which they suggest means ‘chat’. Which I can't confirm anywhere else.
In any case, /usr/share/dict/american-english-huge (which newpixbot peruses) contains:
Spoiler:
wongi
wongied
wongies
wongiing
which definitely confirms the “past tense of the verb ‘wongi’” bit.

Edit: this. Australian Aboriginal.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Image
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:
Image
Image

User avatar
Selcouth
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:38 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Selcouth » Mon May 13, 2013 10:46 am UTC

Curse my suddenly busy life!

WE HAVE A DINOSAUR

(and other things that have already been said)
"But I've never seen the Icarus story as a lesson about the limitations of humans... I see it as a lesson about the limitations of wax as an adhesive."

-Randall Munroe

User avatar
edo
Posts: 436
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:05 pm UTC
Location: ~TrApPeD iN mY PhOnE~

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby edo » Mon May 13, 2013 11:04 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:For higgs-boson
I had one thought when I saw this: Awesome.
Co-proprietor of a Mome and Pope Shope

User avatar
Kazza3
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:06 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Kazza3 » Mon May 13, 2013 11:08 am UTC

TOWONG.
Image

User avatar
edfel
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:56 pm UTC
Location: On Time

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby edfel » Mon May 13, 2013 11:13 am UTC

Possibly this kind of landscape, just more dunish ?
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/35056432

There's even a dinosaure in the picture...
Waiting for it: Map of Time, same, no JS, Ages of Time.
Beginning a new story with every choice, no matter how small: Goodies.

User avatar
cellocgw
Posts: 2067
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:40 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby cellocgw » Mon May 13, 2013 11:16 am UTC

HES wrote:I'll take this ONG, Karmann EDIT: C-C-C-Congbo breaker!

They do look like streams, but cuegan didn't seem phased by the last one


I bet getting hit by a phaser wouldn't faze them, either. (one of my favorite homonymic errors)
resume
Former OTTer
Vote cellocgw for President 2020. #ScienceintheWhiteHouse http://cellocgw.wordpress.com
"The Planck length is 3.81779e-33 picas." -- keithl
" Earth weighs almost exactly π milliJupiters" -- what-if #146, note 7

User avatar
jjjdavidson
Posts: 652
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:40 pm UTC
Location: Outside: The Ozarks, North America ─ OTTside: Lost in the 1400s

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby jjjdavidson » Mon May 13, 2013 11:30 am UTC

I'll try a prediction again: I think we're overdue for dialogue. So within three changes of the ground beneath them (I won't guess in frames, because they take from 2 to 10 frames to cross any one patch of ground) one of them will say something.
Don't worry. Feed squirpys.
Don't wait for me.
My OTC/OTT graphsMay include spoilers!
Helpful links: Time Wiki FAQrot-13 / Morse decoders
He won! He won! He won!
Knight Temporal. :) Ex-Loopist. :(

User avatar
mscha
Posts: 6908
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:21 pm UTC
Location: NL
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby mscha » Mon May 13, 2013 11:49 am UTC

jjjdavidson wrote:I'll try a prediction again: I think we're overdue for dialogue. So within three changes of the ground beneath them (I won't guess in frames, because they take from 2 to 10 frames to cross any one patch of ground) one of them will say something.

That's a very insightful prediction. Image
I'll make a slightly riskier one: within three changes of the ground, we'll get a change of scene. (That is, there'll be a significant change in the landscape, or a change in camera position.)
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Image
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:
Image
Image

User avatar
StratPlayer
Posts: 842
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:02 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby StratPlayer » Mon May 13, 2013 11:54 am UTC

A busy Outside weekend, but I'm back, although many pages behind. I'll be in and out all day ketching up, so may not post too much, but I'm actually very surprised that the trek 'cross the hills/dunes/elevated semencaffeineicecancerbabbywatersand is still going on -- I would have thought they'd have gotten to... well, somewhere, where-ever, or anywhere by now.

Oh, and, "OMR -- It's a bird!!!"

Off to ketchup and do RLOFLIOTPDB* in-between...


*Real-Life Outsider Forced Labor In Order To Pay Da Bills
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!


(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

User avatar
Flotter
Posts: 264
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:33 am UTC
Location: Heerenveen, NL

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Flotter » Mon May 13, 2013 12:07 pm UTC

RUNNINGOUTOFINSPIRATIONG:
Image

User avatar
higgs-boson
Posts: 525
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:00 pm UTC
Location: Europe (UTC + 4 newpix)

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby higgs-boson » Mon May 13, 2013 12:17 pm UTC

edo wrote:
buffygirl wrote:For higgs-boson
I had one thought when I saw this: Awesome.

./signed!
*living happily ever after*
Apostolic Visitator, Holiest of Holy Fun-Havers
You have questions about XKCD: "Time"? There's a whole Wiki dedicated to it!

User avatar
Valarya
Posts: 975
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Nashville

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Valarya » Mon May 13, 2013 12:23 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Don't you see? This is a message to us! The world of Time is indeed a good world!

(Or perhaps I got a bit too excited by the sparrow-raptor appearing in an Other Comic and am currently on a reading-too-much-into-everything kick...)


I woke up, checked the Other Comic and just laughed. All this sparrow/raptor discussion we've been having lately? Mhmm. It's a great world in the OTT.
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

Image

User avatar
higgs-boson
Posts: 525
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:00 pm UTC
Location: Europe (UTC + 4 newpix)

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby higgs-boson » Mon May 13, 2013 12:35 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Don't you see? This is a message to us! The world of Time is indeed a good world!

(Or perhaps I got a bit too excited by the sparrow-raptor appearing in an Other Comic and am currently on a reading-too-much-into-everything kick...)


I woke up, checked the Other Comic and just laughed. All this sparrow/raptor discussion we've been having lately? Mhmm. It's a great world in the OTT.

We should start guessing forecasting predicting tomorrow's what-if.

"What would happen if all grains of sand of a very large dune with someone standing on top of it suddenly become globated?"
Apostolic Visitator, Holiest of Holy Fun-Havers
You have questions about XKCD: "Time"? There's a whole Wiki dedicated to it!

User avatar
iisjreg
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:12 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby iisjreg » Mon May 13, 2013 12:46 pm UTC

(couldn't see it mentioned for a bit, so...)

MAP BUMP!

http://xkcd-time.wikia.com/wiki/Mapping

Please take the cartographic survey :D
Many thanks and points to edfel.

User avatar
foilman
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:48 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby foilman » Mon May 13, 2013 1:01 pm UTC

Ying-YONG.
Image
They look tired.

User avatar
edfel
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:56 pm UTC
Location: On Time

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby edfel » Mon May 13, 2013 1:11 pm UTC

iisjreg wrote:(couldn't see it mentioned for a bit, so...)

[big font]MAP BUMP![/big font]
http://xkcd-time.wikia.com/wiki/Mapping

Please take the cartographic survey :D
Many thanks and points to edfel.


Thanks for the encouragements :) Although this wiki version is outdated... I should update it every hectonewpix or so.
I was wondering if anyone was interested in working on that map too? The source is available to all (svg powa^^), I can open the rights to interested people to upload updates on the website.
Waiting for it: Map of Time, same, no JS, Ages of Time.
Beginning a new story with every choice, no matter how small: Goodies.

User avatar
RobIrr
Posts: 125
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:17 pm UTC
Location: Salford. UK.
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby RobIrr » Mon May 13, 2013 1:35 pm UTC

Location 576 of 604.

A serious amount of blitzing has me caught back up to within 30 pages of "now"...

Now. .. one for the loopists ? Digging back through my old disc collection I discovered this previously unseen historical artifact. Sourced from a pre-web viewdata service, it was saved, then forgotten.

2001190a.png
Wait for It
2001190a.png (9.51 KiB) Viewed 15397 times


There's a subtle similarity to frame 40 ...

Just kidding...
Image
RobIrr, Bishop of the Diocese of Recursive Magic Kingdoi.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

User avatar
StratPlayer
Posts: 842
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:02 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby StratPlayer » Mon May 13, 2013 2:05 pm UTC

Alright -- caught up now, at the expense of the work-related obligations (priorities!), and just a few things to comment on:

A FirstPost thrown ahead:
Ace wrote:
Spoiler:
Hellooo ketchuppers, newbie here. You trekking types might be the first to read my first post, after it gets out of moderation! Been following the thread since the beginning, only just decided to create an account, since the OTT seems quieter these days.

Of course, I got sidetracked while typing this, and I come back to find the OTC has discovered life. Just when you think things are finally calm.. :roll:

Welcome, Ace!

ucim wrote:[exterior - dawn]
Fade in to reveal the sunrise behind some mostly barren hills, which are still covered in morning mist....

Fabulous!!!

Wow -- I also see Her Holy Hatress, Benevolent Benefactor of Beautiful Bonnets, Marvelous Maker of Magnificent Millinery, Honorable Hottie of Heavenly Headgear, Charming Chick of Choice Chapeaus has been very, very busy! I must say, you've done some amazing work, your Cardinalship!

And I also really loved your "Wait for It' parody! *applause*

Plus, speaking of buffygirl, this just in from the Effective-But-Ironic department:
buffygirl wrote:
Spoiler:
vvn wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:
vvn wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:
vvn wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:Please stick to the needle-pulled thing rules.

Not to argue with the rules, but I think mscha's comment was specific to posting the ONG. I am not sure if it's easier for the newpixbot, or the rest of us, but this is a special case. The hourly ONG doesn't exist anywhere else. I think the occasional double post is not horrible, especially if it helps the newpixbot.

You have no idea what "needle-pulled thing" means, do you?
You have much to learn from the elders, young one.

I thought I did, but please enlighten me.

This.
Literally.
This sequence of posts you're reading right now.
Forget the rest of the forum.
This is the needle-pulled thing.
This is it.

Now I'll go back to singing boom de yada, boom de yada, boom de yada, boom de yada...

Ok, the needle pulls the thread. That's how I have been reading it. (I have assumed this is from the madness, but I don't really know.)
What I don't understand: How is telling me I don't know this relative to my comment that we may have a valid exception to the double post rule? Am I missing something?

Ok, hush. both of you. I am concerned because maybe this is what the first part of a flame war looks like.

Uhhh, did anyone besides me happen to notice that this reply to a proto-flame-war over double-posting ettiquette was a double-post?

BlitzGirl wrote:I wish StratPlayer would show up so I could ask him what he would say instead of having to keep asking myself!

Well, of course, I would first,

*nod head knowingly*

and then say:

See? It's ALL related!


Plus thanks! Your wishing for my presence is a wonderful present to be given!


...and current once again -- let the Waiting return to normal speed...
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!


(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

User avatar
edfel
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:56 pm UTC
Location: On Time

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby edfel » Mon May 13, 2013 2:08 pm UTC

efbb2503c8ONG!
Image
Waiting for it: Map of Time, same, no JS, Ages of Time.
Beginning a new story with every choice, no matter how small: Goodies.

User avatar
jetpac
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:28 pm UTC
Location: New York
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby jetpac » Mon May 13, 2013 2:31 pm UTC

I return from the weekend wedding to page 580, and I see that there are now a total of 604. Looks like I'm trekking again... :)

User avatar
StratPlayer
Posts: 842
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:02 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby StratPlayer » Mon May 13, 2013 2:38 pm UTC

RobIrr wrote:Location 576 of 604.

A serious amount of blitzing has me caught back up to within 30 pages of "now"...

Now. .. one for the loopists ? Digging back through my old disc collection I discovered this previously unseen historical artifact. Sourced from a pre-web viewdata service, it was saved, then forgotten.

Spoiler:
2001190a.png


There's a subtle similarity to frame 40 ...

Just kidding...


Oh yeah, I remember this game. But that's a lot better resolution than what I remember. I didn't have a fancy Commodore 64 or Amiga or Apple II computer like some of you guys were talking about. The first computer I ever had didn't have memory measured in big-fancy-high-falootin' "k" -- it only had one bit, and I had to share it with the kid next door. The monitor only had one pixel and I had to squint to be able to see that. I could only turn it on for two seconds at a time because the power draw caused the lights for the entire neighborhood to dim.

And I liked it!

(Awesome image, by the way!)
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!


(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

User avatar
mscha
Posts: 6908
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:21 pm UTC
Location: NL
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby mscha » Mon May 13, 2013 2:51 pm UTC

RobIrr wrote:
Spoiler:
Image

Nice! Almost a teletext (Ceefax) version of the OTC.
(That would actually work quite well, a teletext page that you'd need to check every h newttpage. Too bad that 1190 is not a valid page number.)
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Image
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:
Image
Image

User avatar
Earthling on Mars
Morning
Posts: 669
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:35 pm UTC
Location: Somewhere in the Solar System

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Earthling on Mars » Mon May 13, 2013 3:01 pm UTC

<insert any characters here>ONG

Image

User avatar
StratPlayer
Posts: 842
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:02 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby StratPlayer » Mon May 13, 2013 3:03 pm UTC

higgs-boson wrote:
Valarya wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Don't you see? This is a message to us! The world of Time is indeed a good world!

(Or perhaps I got a bit too excited by the sparrow-raptor appearing in an Other Comic and am currently on a reading-too-much-into-everything kick...)


I woke up, checked the Other Comic and just laughed. All this sparrow/raptor discussion we've been having lately? Mhmm. It's a great world in the OTT.

We should start guessing forecasting predicting tomorrow's what-if.

"What would happen if all grains of sand of a very large dune with someone standing on top of it suddenly become globated?"


"What would happen if a very creative person with way too much time on his hands decided to draw a very long, slowly-revealed, plot-starved serial comic about people on a beach who build an elaborate sandcastle and then decide to go for an extended boring hike to the hills for no real reason?"
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!


(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

User avatar
HAL9000
Not Red
Posts: 1220
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:33 pm UTC
Location: Jupiter

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby HAL9000 » Mon May 13, 2013 3:06 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:
higgs-boson wrote:
Valarya wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Don't you see? This is a message to us! The world of Time is indeed a good world!

(Or perhaps I got a bit too excited by the sparrow-raptor appearing in an Other Comic and am currently on a reading-too-much-into-everything kick...)


I woke up, checked the Other Comic and just laughed. All this sparrow/raptor discussion we've been having lately? Mhmm. It's a great world in the OTT.

We should start guessing forecasting predicting tomorrow's what-if.

"What would happen if all grains of sand of a very large dune with someone standing on top of it suddenly become globated?"


"What would happen if a very creative person with way too much time on his hands decided to draw a very long, slowly-revealed, plot-starved serial comic about people on a beach who build an elaborate sandcastle and then decide to go for an extended boring hike to the hills for no real reason?"

I've pointed out the heresies here. Dracomax, you know what to do...
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

User avatar
StratPlayer
Posts: 842
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:02 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby StratPlayer » Mon May 13, 2013 3:15 pm UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
higgs-boson wrote:
Spoiler:
Valarya wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Don't you see? This is a message to us! The world of Time is indeed a good world!

(Or perhaps I got a bit too excited by the sparrow-raptor appearing in an Other Comic and am currently on a reading-too-much-into-everything kick...)


I woke up, checked the Other Comic and just laughed. All this sparrow/raptor discussion we've been having lately? Mhmm. It's a great world in the OTT.

We should start guessing forecasting predicting tomorrow's what-if.

"What would happen if all grains of sand of a very large dune with someone standing on top of it suddenly become globated?"


"What would happen if a very creative person with way too much time on his hands decided to draw a very long, slowly-revealed, plot-starved serial comic about people on a beach who build an elaborate sandcastle and then decide to go for an extended boring hike to the hills for no real reason?"

I've pointed out the heresies here. Dracomax, you know what to do...


I apologize. I was too long in the Outside and allowed reason, perspective, sanity, and lucidity to seep into my thinking. But I'm sure my return to the OTT with a renewed commitment to Wait For It will soon cause all of those heathen influences to fade.
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!


(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

User avatar
k.bookbinder
Posts: 975
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:17 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby k.bookbinder » Mon May 13, 2013 3:17 pm UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
"What would happen if a very creative person with way too much time on his hands decided to draw a very long, slowly-revealed, plot-starved serial comic about people on a beach who build an elaborate sandcastle and then decide to go for an extended boring hike to the hills for no real reason?"

I've pointed out the heresies here. Dracomax, you know what to do...


Indeed, StratPlayer has uttered heresies in the past and it pains me greatly. StratPlayer, when the inquisitor punishes you, will you share your chocolate? I'd hate for you to bear the burden of your sins alone.
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

User avatar
HAL9000
Not Red
Posts: 1220
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:33 pm UTC
Location: Jupiter

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby HAL9000 » Mon May 13, 2013 3:17 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
higgs-boson wrote:
Spoiler:
Valarya wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Don't you see? This is a message to us! The world of Time is indeed a good world!

(Or perhaps I got a bit too excited by the sparrow-raptor appearing in an Other Comic and am currently on a reading-too-much-into-everything kick...)


I woke up, checked the Other Comic and just laughed. All this sparrow/raptor discussion we've been having lately? Mhmm. It's a great world in the OTT.

We should start guessing forecasting predicting tomorrow's what-if.

"What would happen if all grains of sand of a very large dune with someone standing on top of it suddenly become globated?"


"What would happen if a very creative person with way too much time on his hands decided to draw a very long, slowly-revealed, plot-starved serial comic about people on a beach who build an elaborate sandcastle and then decide to go for an extended boring hike to the hills for no real reason?"

I've pointed out the heresies here. Dracomax, you know what to do...


I apologize. I was too long in the Outside and allowed reason, perspective, sanity, and lucidity to seep into my thinking. But I'm sure my return to the OTT with a renewed commitment to Wait For It will soon cause all of those heathen influences to fade.

Sigged. You are forgiven.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

User avatar
StratPlayer
Posts: 842
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:02 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby StratPlayer » Mon May 13, 2013 3:21 pm UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
"What would happen if a very creative person with way too much time on his hands decided to draw a very long, slowly-revealed, plot-starved serial comic about people on a beach who build an elaborate sandcastle and then decide to go for an extended boring hike to the hills for no real reason?"

I've pointed out the heresies here. Dracomax, you know what to do...


Indeed, StratPlayer has uttered heresies in the past and it pains me greatly. StratPlayer, when the inquisitor punishes you, will you share your chocolate? I'd hate for you to bear the burden of your sins alone.


Absolutely. My sins of heresy are deeply regretted and clearly the result of heathen influences overwhelming my own feeble and weak inner nature. Ultimately, I think it's obvious that society itself is to blame, and what is society is but a product of all those who collectively inhabit it?

Therefore: Chocolate for all!!!
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!


(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

User avatar
k.bookbinder
Posts: 975
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:17 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby k.bookbinder » Mon May 13, 2013 3:25 pm UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
I apologize. I was too long in the Outside and allowed reason, perspective, sanity, and lucidity to seep into my thinking. But I'm sure my return to the OTT with a renewed commitment to Wait For It will soon cause all of those heathen influences to fade.

Sigged. You are forgiven.


But, shouldn't we not let such idle heretical thoughts into our midst? Surely the Inquisitor must dispense chocolate for StratPlayer's misthoughtdeeds. It's not so bad StratPlayer, take your deserved punishment. Sure the stale M&Ms sting a bit when their high velocity candy shells pelt your skin but really, it's not so bad, for they still melt in your mouth, not in your hand. Mmm...melty yum.

So no chocolate? :(
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

User avatar
HAL9000
Not Red
Posts: 1220
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:33 pm UTC
Location: Jupiter

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby HAL9000 » Mon May 13, 2013 3:30 pm UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
I apologize. I was too long in the Outside and allowed reason, perspective, sanity, and lucidity to seep into my thinking. But I'm sure my return to the OTT with a renewed commitment to Wait For It will soon cause all of those heathen influences to fade.

Sigged. You are forgiven.


But, shouldn't we not let such idle heretical thoughts into our midst? Surely the Inquisitor must dispense chocolate for StratPlayer's misthoughtdeeds. It's not so bad StratPlayer, take your deserved punishment. Sure the stale M&Ms sting a bit when their high velocity candy shells pelt your skin but really, it's not so bad, for they still melt in your mouth, not in your hand. Mmm...melty yum.

So no chocolate? :(

Sorry, no. All I've got is this fifteen-pound bag of expired Skittles.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

User avatar
Valarya
Posts: 975
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Nashville

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Valarya » Mon May 13, 2013 3:33 pm UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Spoiler:
HAL9000 wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
higgs-boson wrote:
Valarya wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Don't you see? This is a message to us! The world of Time is indeed a good world!

(Or perhaps I got a bit too excited by the sparrow-raptor appearing in an Other Comic and am currently on a reading-too-much-into-everything kick...)


I woke up, checked the Other Comic and just laughed. All this sparrow/raptor discussion we've been having lately? Mhmm. It's a great world in the OTT.

We should start guessing forecasting predicting tomorrow's what-if.

"What would happen if all grains of sand of a very large dune with someone standing on top of it suddenly become globated?"


"What would happen if a very creative person with way too much time on his hands decided to draw a very long, slowly-revealed, plot-starved serial comic about people on a beach who build an elaborate sandcastle and then decide to go for an extended boring hike to the hills for no real reason?"

I've pointed out the heresies here. Dracomax, you know what to do...


I apologize. I was too long in the Outside and allowed reason, perspective, sanity, and lucidity to seep into my thinking. But I'm sure my return to the OTT with a renewed commitment to Wait For It will soon cause all of those heathen influences to fade.

Sigged. You are forgiven.


I read StratPlayer's response and immediately wanted to sig. I got ninja'd, however. Is it heretical for multiple people to have the same sig-quote? :P
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

Image

User avatar
HAL9000
Not Red
Posts: 1220
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:33 pm UTC
Location: Jupiter

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby HAL9000 » Mon May 13, 2013 3:38 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Spoiler:
HAL9000 wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
higgs-boson wrote:
Valarya wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Don't you see? This is a message to us! The world of Time is indeed a good world!

(Or perhaps I got a bit too excited by the sparrow-raptor appearing in an Other Comic and am currently on a reading-too-much-into-everything kick...)


I woke up, checked the Other Comic and just laughed. All this sparrow/raptor discussion we've been having lately? Mhmm. It's a great world in the OTT.

We should start guessing forecasting predicting tomorrow's what-if.

"What would happen if all grains of sand of a very large dune with someone standing on top of it suddenly become globated?"


"What would happen if a very creative person with way too much time on his hands decided to draw a very long, slowly-revealed, plot-starved serial comic about people on a beach who build an elaborate sandcastle and then decide to go for an extended boring hike to the hills for no real reason?"

I've pointed out the heresies here. Dracomax, you know what to do...


I apologize. I was too long in the Outside and allowed reason, perspective, sanity, and lucidity to seep into my thinking. But I'm sure my return to the OTT with a renewed commitment to Wait For It will soon cause all of those heathen influences to fade.

Sigged. You are forgiven.


I read StratPlayer's response and immediately wanted to sig. I got ninja'd, however. Is it heretical for multiple people to have the same sig-quote? :P

I think at least two people have sigged my long-ago remark that "This thread is a goldmine for signatures," (hence the quote from Helper in my sig), so it should be okay.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

User avatar
k.bookbinder
Posts: 975
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:17 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby k.bookbinder » Mon May 13, 2013 3:39 pm UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
k.bookbinder wrote:So no chocolate? :(

Sorry, no. All I've got is this fifteen-pound bag of expired Skittles.


Skittles? Bleh. I suppose someone else is bound to sin, and then perhaps there will be chocolate. I'll just have to wait for it.

Wait for it...
Wait for it...
Wait for it...
Wait for it...
Wait for it...
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

User avatar
HAL9000
Not Red
Posts: 1220
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:33 pm UTC
Location: Jupiter

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby HAL9000 » Mon May 13, 2013 3:40 pm UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
k.bookbinder wrote:So no chocolate? :(

Sorry, no. All I've got is this fifteen-pound bag of expired Skittles.


Skittles? Bleh. I suppose someone else is bound to sin, and then perhaps there will be chocolate. I'll just have to wait for it.

Wait for it...
Wait for it...
Wait for it...
Wait for it...
Wait for it...

I guess I'll eat these by myself, then. *sigh*
EDIT: Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer Loneliest Skittles-Eater :|
Last edited by HAL9000 on Mon May 13, 2013 3:44 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 9118
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon May 13, 2013 3:43 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:-snip-
Plus thanks! Your wishing for my presence is a wonderful present to be given!

Yay! Your Present presence is a Present present in itself!

mscha wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
KarMann wrote:NEWCOMICONG!!
Spoiler:
Image


Well, if Randall says it's a raptor, then it's DEFINITELY a raptor.

I hate to nitpick¹, but he says it's a dinosaur, not necessarily a raptor. Image

Edit: when the Omrthisisdefiniteproofthatrandallisreadingtheottists de-coma, they're going to have a field ikositetranewpix...

BlitzGirl wrote:Othercomic image, which I believe is worthy of direct inclusion in the OTT due to its relevance to recent threadversation:
Spoiler:
#1211: Birds and Dinosaurs

Image

Title text: Sure, T. rex is closer in height to Stegosaurus than a sparrow. But that doesn't tell you much; 'Dinosaur Comics' author Ryan North is closer in height to certain dinosaurs than to the average human.

Hmm, posting the Other Comic in the OTT, isn't that heresy? If it were anyone but BlitzGirl doing it, I'd say yes. But it was the one and only BlitzGirl, ruler of the OTT1, so I must be mistaken. Image

¹: that's a lie

FTFY. Although if the posting of Other Comics is heresy, I've been in trouble ever since Boom De Yada...

I don't consider myself a ROOTTist (Randall Observes the OTT), but #1211 is too perfect to be sheer coincidence. I will suggest that #1211 has been prepared for some Time, perhaps even since the early newpix of the OTT when many thread-dwellers hoped for a raptor-attack, and was released to coincide with the appearance of the sparrow-raptor in Time. "Y'all want a dinosaur? Look, I sent you a dinosaur."
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image


Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 106 guests