1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
pelrigg
Posts: 947
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:08 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby pelrigg » Tue May 14, 2013 3:37 pm UTC

mikro2nd wrote:
pelrigg wrote:(The OTT's first flamewar over the life cycle of a phoenix?)


It's probably just a flash in the pan...


I'm not sure I can match that.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

User avatar
StratPlayer
Posts: 842
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:02 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby StratPlayer » Tue May 14, 2013 3:39 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Spoiler:
Dracomax wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
ucim wrote:
Valarya wrote:I couldn't help myself any longer, BuffyGirl: While most birds do come from eggs, the Phoenix rises (instead of bursts) from ashes (not eggs). Image
... which, I presume, is why the egg is glowing like a charcoal - it is becoming ash, so that it can properly release its phoenix.

Jose

Except they aren't born from eggs. they are born from themselves. and technically, I think there is only supposed to be one of them. (edit) it dies and is reborn. it's a symbol of renewal, and is linked to the cycle of the seasons as well /pedant


Yes, but I would assume that there are stages in the rebirth process. The fire from the initial phoenix turns it into ash, but then those ashes might have to re-assemble together in a form of ash aggregation. This would naturally occur and would create an egg-shaped form, I would think. Then once this egg-mass of ash becomes large enough, it begins to heat and glow, and as ashes from the old-phoenix continue to absorb into it, it reaches a critical mass and bursts into flames again, erupting and "hatching" the new phoenix.

I think buffygirl just happened to capture the image just as this re-aggregated-previous-bird-mass is about to erupt, birthing the new phoenix.

Makes perfect sense to me, and so you're both right.

As I said in absurdly long Ketchup post, as long as Phoenixrising likes it, I'm only arguing out of pedantic obstinence. I think it falls under rule of cool. but in no piece of lore I've ever read does it mention an egg. Is it possible that a mid stage egg occurs so fast nobody ever saw it before Buffygirl's flash CG-ography? Sure. it just seems like an extra step that may or may not be unnecessary.


Agreed -- the most important things are that Phoenixrising likes it, and that it was generously offered by buffygirl and makes a fine avatar.

But I think that proto-egg-forming step might be necessary. Or does the previous ash just suddenly re-assemble into a fully-formed new phoenix? Or -- even more unlikely, I would think -- does the old ash not even get used? If not, then the phoenix is forming out of nothing, and that's not possible. We've got to think this out scientifically here. This phoenix rebirth isn't some pseudo-science magical mysticism, after all...

Also --this is NOT a double post! It's a serial post, to commemorate the serial nature of the OTC, and as such, is a holy offering...

Okay, some alternatives :
Option 1) Obviously it is born from energy to mass conversion of the fire that burned itself up. that's why a newly regenerated phoenix is much smaller than the original--it loses some mass in the process.

Option 2) the Phoenix is a timelord, and the whole burning up/rising from the ashes thing is just primitive man's peotic/uneducated way of explaining the process of regeneration. the 12 regeneration limit might be why we haven't seen any around recently.

hwhitney wrote:In looking over the Wikia of Time I came across the history of Buffygirl and hats. I'm now surprised that I did not draw her ire and wrath when I delurked with my avatar, unaware - as only a part-Time lurker - of it's potential significance. I do apologize for inadvertently stepping on your toes, Buffygirl.

There is some precedent, and buffygirl is capable of hatting a hat.


Re: phoenixian formation -- Ah, excellent points! This may explain why "Playing the dozens" is similar to a flame-war: They both allude to the recursive nature of the flaming phoenix rebirth, and they can involve both cursing and re-cursing.

And yes, recursive hat-hatting has been done before. Wait -- I was just talking about recursing!

*nods head knowingly*

See? It's ALL related...

EDITED to reduce quote-wall...
Last edited by StratPlayer on Tue May 14, 2013 3:54 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!


(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

User avatar
charlie_grumbles
Posts: 1004
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:07 pm UTC
Location: Self Imposed Exile

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby charlie_grumbles » Tue May 14, 2013 3:40 pm UTC

pelrigg wrote:
I'm not sure I can match that.


Hmmm, you did, actually.
Lurking. Watching. Thinking. Writing. Waiting.
-- Charlie Grumbles

User avatar
Valarya
Posts: 975
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Nashville

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Valarya » Tue May 14, 2013 3:40 pm UTC

pelrigg wrote:
Spoiler:
Dracomax wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
ucim wrote:
Valarya wrote:I couldn't help myself any longer, BuffyGirl: While most birds do come from eggs, the Phoenix rises (instead of bursts) from ashes (not eggs). Image
... which, I presume, is why the egg is glowing like a charcoal - it is becoming ash, so that it can properly release its phoenix.

Jose

Except they aren't born from eggs. they are born from themselves. and technically, I think there is only supposed to be one of them. (edit) it dies and is reborn. it's a symbol of renewal, and is linked to the cycle of the seasons as well /pedant


Yes, but I would assume that there are stages in the rebirth process. The fire from the initial phoenix turns it into ash, but then those ashes might have to re-assemble together in a form of ash aggregation. This would naturally occur and would create an egg-shaped form, I would think. Then once this egg-mass of ash becomes large enough, it begins to heat and glow, and as ashes from the old-phoenix continue to absorb into it, it reaches a critical mass and bursts into flames again, erupting and "hatching" the new phoenix.

I think buffygirl just happened to capture the image just as this re-aggregated-previous-bird-mass is about to erupt, birthing the new phoenix.

Makes perfect sense to me, and so you're both right.

As I said in absurdly long Ketchup post, as long as Phoenixrising likes it, I'm only arguing out of pedantic obstinence. I think it falls under rule of cool. but in no piece of lore I've ever read does it mention an egg. Is it possible that a mid stage egg occurs so fast nobody ever saw it before Buffygirl's flash CG-ography? Sure. it just seems like an extra step that may or may not be unnecessary.

I can see we're all being civilized here. (The OTT's first flamewar over the life cycle of a phoenix?)
Of course, it would probably end up looking like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... VscCNZsYSY


Guuuuys... this was me giving BuffyGirl shit because I lurrrv her (sister love!) and had to giggle at her Poenix-egg story. :mrgreen: Plus I've been re-reading Harry Potter on my lunch breaks and, come on, who doesn't think of Dumbledore when you read about a Phoenix?

This is the OTT. We are one big crazy family¹ and we don't have to explain ourselves! Here are some of my internets for linking Sandlot! Is that the first time that movie has been referenced here?!

¹ : is 'crazy family' redundant?
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

Image

User avatar
HAL9000
Not Red
Posts: 1220
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:33 pm UTC
Location: Jupiter

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby HAL9000 » Tue May 14, 2013 3:43 pm UTC

dreiarmumig wrote:
pelrigg wrote:
dreiarmumig wrote:Haha, good one. Also just made me wonder whether people with triskaidekaphobia are also afraid of ROT13. Fbeel, crbcyr jvgu gevfxnvqrxncubovn.

And maybe that's why Frame 1313 [heretic]yesterday[/heretic] went unremarked. Especially since it was on [heretic] day of the month: 13 -- abbreviated year: 13[/heretic]

:shock: Woah.

Edit: Maybe Frame 1313 tells us something. Maybe the OTC is taking place somewhere where Frame 1313 was posted at 13:00, which would be, if I calculated correctly: Mountain Standard Time.
(Or maybe I'm trying to spawn yet another religious splinter group.)

Guess what's in that time zone (at least in part)?
The Sonoran Desert.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

User avatar
StratPlayer
Posts: 842
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:02 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby StratPlayer » Tue May 14, 2013 3:50 pm UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
Spoiler:
dreiarmumig wrote:
pelrigg wrote:
dreiarmumig wrote:Haha, good one. Also just made me wonder whether people with triskaidekaphobia are also afraid of ROT13. Fbeel, crbcyr jvgu gevfxnvqrxncubovn.

And maybe that's why Frame 1313 [heretic]yesterday[/heretic] went unremarked. Especially since it was on [heretic] day of the month: 13 -- abbreviated year: 13[/heretic]

:shock: Woah.

Edit: Maybe Frame 1313 tells us something. Maybe the OTC is taking place somewhere where Frame 1313 was posted at 13:00, which would be, if I calculated correctly: Mountain Standard Time.
(Or maybe I'm trying to spawn yet another religious splinter group.)

Guess what's in that time zone (at least in part)?
The Sonoran Desert.


That makes sense, 'cause I gotta tell ya -- this long walk through the hills has definitely been a snorin' desert...
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!


(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

User avatar
pelrigg
Posts: 947
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:08 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby pelrigg » Tue May 14, 2013 3:51 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:
pelrigg wrote:I can see we're all being civilized here. (The OTT's first flamewar over the life cycle of a phoenix?)
Of course, it would probably end up looking like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... VscCNZsYSY


Guuuuys... this was me giving BuffyGirl shit because I lurrrv her (sister love!) and had to giggle at her Poenix-egg story. :mrgreen: Plus I've been re-reading Harry Potter on my lunch breaks and, come on, who doesn't think of Dumbledore when you read about a Phoenix?

This is the OTT. We are one big crazy family¹ and we don't have to explain ourselves! Here are some of my internets for linking Sandlot! Is that the first time that movie has been referenced here?!

¹ : is 'crazy family' redundant?

:oops: Thanks Valarya, I've never gotten an internet before... Thanks :oops:

Edit to add this reply (which I forgot to combine with the one above and deleted and...) {BID: on with it}
HAL9000 wrote:
dreiarmumig wrote:
pelrigg wrote:
dreiarmumig wrote:Haha, good one. Also just made me wonder whether people with triskaidekaphobia are also afraid of ROT13. Fbeel, crbcyr jvgu gevfxnvqrxncubovn.

And maybe that's why Frame 1313 [heretic]yesterday[/heretic] went unremarked. Especially since it was on [heretic] day of the month: 13 -- abbreviated year: 13[/heretic]

:shock: Woah.

Edit: Maybe Frame 1313 tells us something. Maybe the OTC is taking place somewhere where Frame 1313 was posted at 13:00, which would be, if I calculated correctly: Mountain Standard Time.
(Or maybe I'm trying to spawn yet another religious splinter group.)

Guess what's in that time zone (at least in part)?
The Sonoran Desert.

:shock: WHOA!!!!
Last edited by pelrigg on Tue May 14, 2013 3:57 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

Eoink
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:33 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Eoink » Tue May 14, 2013 3:52 pm UTC

mikro2nd wrote:
pelrigg wrote:(The OTT's first flamewar over the life cycle of a phoenix?)


It's probably just a flash in the pan...


Now that's one toilet not to sit on...

User avatar
HES
Posts: 4889
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 7:13 pm UTC
Location: England

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby HES » Tue May 14, 2013 3:53 pm UTC

Image

Slinches, HAL, and sleep patterns:

Spoiler:
slinches wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
slinches wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:WitchONG hour here. (that would be midnight)

Still only 10:23 here in UTC -7 land. It took me a minute to figure out that you're probably in CDT. I've never been able to figure out why most of the country deludes itself into thinking changing the clocks by an hour twice a year is a good idea. :D

It eludes me as well, but I conform because I must. Eventually, if my work allows it, I may just ignore DST, or try an even more radical system of Outside time.

I tried that once during college ... I'm still trying to recover my sanity. HEED THE ALT-TEXT!

With outsider revision I'm on a similar but less disciplined schedule of "get up when I wake up, coma when I'm tired" ignoring these 'day' things completely. And by Randall yes, I am completely insane. MONKEY TACOS.

astroclub and Megan:
Spoiler:
astrocub wrote:So upon encountering the only other living thing on their journey so far, Megan mutilates it and stares at its shriveled appendage in her hand. If she continues to say nothing, I can only conclude she is a psychopath.

Maybe this is her ultimate plan?

Nitpicking Exodies
Spoiler:
Exodies wrote:...if the poster is kvetching up...

Isn't that a village in Cyrodiil?

Ok, the spoiler tag probably takes up more space than this section did before I wrote this sentence to justify this sentence.
And I know, it's Kvatch

Eoink, Higgs, nitpicking and civil engineering
Spoiler:
Eoink wrote:If Cueball trips over and falls in a forest, and Megan doesn't see him, does he still make a sound?

When has xkcd ever made a sound?
higgs-boson wrote:No. The common male whininess tends to converge to zero if no female sympathy/consolidation donator is in line of sight.

An engineer's whininess will increase dramatically if a consolidation donator isn't present where it should be

Elting and my name
Spoiler:
cellocgw wrote:
HES wrote:
azule wrote:Nice rendition, HES. I like the js line. :) StratPlayer, good as always. Angelastic, welcome back, and nice rhyme. No haiku, though, eh?
HES, while I've got you here, what is your name: an acronym; "he's" without the apostrophe; are you a "she" or is the name significant: or is it hes...whatever that is?


Thanks! I'm a "he" but that's unrelated to the name. HES is simply my initials - nice and boring, no back story (although I hate my middle name and don't use it unless I happen to need a 3 character username)


Lemme guess: "Elting" ?

no :shock: or is it? :cry: no, it isn't

Buffygirl being awesome again
Spoiler:
buffygirl wrote:azule - btw, you did notice on your hat that the melty bit is actually a clock, Dali-style, right? :D

I'd missed this, and didn't really get it as a result. My sister made me a Dali-style clock out of an old vinyl (Rod Stewart, 50p from a charity shop) and a kitchen hob (not included in the final product). It's awesome.

Someguy and some guy
Spoiler:
Someguy945 wrote:My wife and I couldn't walk in near-silence like this if our lives depended on it.

Maybe it's implied that they are making chit-chat but we don't get to see everything they say?

I agree with this. alternatively:
Dave Tyson Gentry, according to some guy on the internet wrote:True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable

except they seem too awkward for this (river-bank-arm-pull)

That was a long ketchup. Somehow spent a whole newpix on this reply...
He/Him/His Image

User avatar
Dracomax
Posts: 998
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:11 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Dracomax » Tue May 14, 2013 3:53 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:
pelrigg wrote:
Spoiler:
Dracomax wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
ucim wrote:
Valarya wrote:I couldn't help myself any longer, BuffyGirl: While most birds do come from eggs, the Phoenix rises (instead of bursts) from ashes (not eggs). Image
... which, I presume, is why the egg is glowing like a charcoal - it is becoming ash, so that it can properly release its phoenix.

Jose

Except they aren't born from eggs. they are born from themselves. and technically, I think there is only supposed to be one of them. (edit) it dies and is reborn. it's a symbol of renewal, and is linked to the cycle of the seasons as well /pedant


Yes, but I would assume that there are stages in the rebirth process. The fire from the initial phoenix turns it into ash, but then those ashes might have to re-assemble together in a form of ash aggregation. This would naturally occur and would create an egg-shaped form, I would think. Then once this egg-mass of ash becomes large enough, it begins to heat and glow, and as ashes from the old-phoenix continue to absorb into it, it reaches a critical mass and bursts into flames again, erupting and "hatching" the new phoenix.

I think buffygirl just happened to capture the image just as this re-aggregated-previous-bird-mass is about to erupt, birthing the new phoenix.

Makes perfect sense to me, and so you're both right.

As I said in absurdly long Ketchup post, as long as Phoenixrising likes it, I'm only arguing out of pedantic obstinence. I think it falls under rule of cool. but in no piece of lore I've ever read does it mention an egg. Is it possible that a mid stage egg occurs so fast nobody ever saw it before Buffygirl's flash CG-ography? Sure. it just seems like an extra step that may or may not be unnecessary.

I can see we're all being civilized here. (The OTT's first flamewar over the life cycle of a phoenix?)
Of course, it would probably end up looking like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... VscCNZsYSY


Guuuuys... this was me giving BuffyGirl shit because I lurrrv her (sister love!) and had to giggle at her Poenix-egg story. :mrgreen: Plus I've been re-reading Harry Potter on my lunch breaks and, come on, who doesn't think of Dumbledore when you read about a Phoenix?

This is the OTT. We are one big crazy family¹ and we don't have to explain ourselves! Here are some of my internets for linking Sandlot! Is that the first time that movie has been referenced here?!

¹ : is 'crazy family' redundant?

Personally, I thought we were being rather civilised as to our disagreement on the precise nature of the lifecycle of a fictional, fantastic creature. It certainly was no closer to a flamewar than any of half a dozen other arguments I've seen here. We disagree sometimes, and tease each other. just like your metaphorical family. Although, I'd say that it's the rest of the world that's crazy. I mean not following the OTC? that's just nuts.
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

User avatar
k.bookbinder
Posts: 975
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:17 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby k.bookbinder » Tue May 14, 2013 3:54 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
Spoiler:
dreiarmumig wrote:
pelrigg wrote:
dreiarmumig wrote:Haha, good one. Also just made me wonder whether people with triskaidekaphobia are also afraid of ROT13. Fbeel, crbcyr jvgu gevfxnvqrxncubovn.

And maybe that's why Frame 1313 [heretic]yesterday[/heretic] went unremarked. Especially since it was on [heretic] day of the month: 13 -- abbreviated year: 13[/heretic]

:shock: Woah.

Edit: Maybe Frame 1313 tells us something. Maybe the OTC is taking place somewhere where Frame 1313 was posted at 13:00, which would be, if I calculated correctly: Mountain Standard Time.
(Or maybe I'm trying to spawn yet another religious splinter group.)

Guess what's in that time zone (at least in part)?
The Sonoran Desert.


That makes sense, 'cause I gotta tell ya -- this long walk through the hills has definitely been a snorin' desert...


I am, once again, humbled by your quick witted genius. And my co-workers, once again, are nervously moving their chairs slightly further away from me and avoiding eye contact.
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

User avatar
Opiboble
It's Machine Code.
Posts: 690
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:50 pm UTC
Location: Alaska, were the outside is always calling...

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Opiboble » Tue May 14, 2013 4:02 pm UTC

I feel "There's a snake in my boot" moment coming...
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)
Tools of the OTT and OTC:
Map-Newpix Viewer-OTT Stats-Vytron Comic Sciscitor graphs

User avatar
dreiarmumig
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:33 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby dreiarmumig » Tue May 14, 2013 4:03 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
Spoiler:
dreiarmumig wrote:
pelrigg wrote:
dreiarmumig wrote:Haha, good one. Also just made me wonder whether people with triskaidekaphobia are also afraid of ROT13. Fbeel, crbcyr jvgu gevfxnvqrxncubovn.

And maybe that's why Frame 1313 [heretic]yesterday[/heretic] went unremarked. Especially since it was on [heretic] day of the month: 13 -- abbreviated year: 13[/heretic]

:shock: Woah.

Edit: Maybe Frame 1313 tells us something. Maybe the OTC is taking place somewhere where Frame 1313 was posted at 13:00, which would be, if I calculated correctly: Mountain Standard Time.
(Or maybe I'm trying to spawn yet another religious splinter group.)

Guess what's in that time zone (at least in part)?
The Sonoran Desert.


That makes sense, 'cause I gotta tell ya -- this long walk through the hills has definitely been a snorin' desert...


Etymology of Sonora, according to Wikipedia:
Wikipedia wrote:One theory states that the name was derived from Nuestra Señora, the name given to the territory when Diego de Guzmán crossed the Yaqui River on the day of Nuestra Señora del Rosario ("Our Lady of the Rosary"), which falls on 7 October.

So I guess it's obvious - they will cross the river and the OTC will end on 7th October.
Last edited by dreiarmumig on Tue May 14, 2013 4:06 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dracomax
Posts: 998
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:11 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Dracomax » Tue May 14, 2013 4:04 pm UTC

dreiarmumig wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
Spoiler:
dreiarmumig wrote:
pelrigg wrote:
dreiarmumig wrote:Haha, good one. Also just made me wonder whether people with triskaidekaphobia are also afraid of ROT13. Fbeel, crbcyr jvgu gevfxnvqrxncubovn.

And maybe that's why Frame 1313 [heretic]yesterday[/heretic] went unremarked. Especially since it was on [heretic] day of the month: 13 -- abbreviated year: 13[/heretic]

:shock: Woah.

Edit: Maybe Frame 1313 tells us something. Maybe the OTC is taking place somewhere where Frame 1313 was posted at 13:00, which would be, if I calculated correctly: Mountain Standard Time.
(Or maybe I'm trying to spawn yet another religious splinter group.)

Guess what's in that time zone (at least in part)?
The Sonoran Desert.


That makes sense, 'cause I gotta tell ya -- this long walk through the hills has definitely been a snorin' desert...


Etymology of Sonora, according to Wikipedia:
Wikipedia wrote:One theory states that the name was derived from Nuestra Señora, the name given to the territory when Diego de Guzmán crossed the Yaqui River on the day of Nuestra Señora del Rosario ("Our Lady of the Rosary"), which falls on 7 October.'

So I guess it's obvious - they will cross the river and the OTC will end on 7th October.

Aw! If it lasts one more week, It could end on my birthday!
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

User avatar
pelrigg
Posts: 947
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:08 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby pelrigg » Tue May 14, 2013 4:08 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
Personally, I thought we were being rather civilised as to our disagreement on the precise nature of the lifecycle of a fictional, fantastic creature. It certainly was no closer to a flamewar than any of half a dozen other arguments I've seen here. We disagree sometimes, and tease each other. just like your metaphorical family. Although, I'd say that it's the rest of the world that's crazy. I mean not following the OTC? that's just nuts.

I did say
I can see we're all being civilized here.

I just couldn't resist the "phoenix/flamewar" connection.

Oh come on. I couldn't have been the only one?
Last edited by pelrigg on Tue May 14, 2013 4:09 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

User avatar
dreiarmumig
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:33 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby dreiarmumig » Tue May 14, 2013 4:09 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
Spoiler:
dreiarmumig wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
dreiarmumig wrote:
pelrigg wrote:
dreiarmumig wrote:Haha, good one. Also just made me wonder whether people with triskaidekaphobia are also afraid of ROT13. Fbeel, crbcyr jvgu gevfxnvqrxncubovn.

And maybe that's why Frame 1313 [heretic]yesterday[/heretic] went unremarked. Especially since it was on [heretic] day of the month: 13 -- abbreviated year: 13[/heretic]

:shock: Woah.

Edit: Maybe Frame 1313 tells us something. Maybe the OTC is taking place somewhere where Frame 1313 was posted at 13:00, which would be, if I calculated correctly: Mountain Standard Time.
(Or maybe I'm trying to spawn yet another religious splinter group.)

Guess what's in that time zone (at least in part)?
The Sonoran Desert.


That makes sense, 'cause I gotta tell ya -- this long walk through the hills has definitely been a snorin' desert...


Etymology of Sonora, according to Wikipedia:
Wikipedia wrote:One theory states that the name was derived from Nuestra Señora, the name given to the territory when Diego de Guzmán crossed the Yaqui River on the day of Nuestra Señora del Rosario ("Our Lady of the Rosary"), which falls on 7 October.'

So I guess it's obvious - they will cross the river and the OTC will end on 7th October.

Aw! If it lasts one more week, It could end on my birthday!

Well, let me rephrase that then: The OTC will end sometime around 7th October. Maybe it'll take them a week to think of the name 'Sonoran Desert' and it ends once they do.

User avatar
mscha
Posts: 6904
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:21 pm UTC
Location: NL
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby mscha » Tue May 14, 2013 4:10 pm UTC

PROLONG...
Image

-- posted by newpixbot
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Image
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:
Image
Image

User avatar
Dracomax
Posts: 998
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:11 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Dracomax » Tue May 14, 2013 4:17 pm UTC

mscha wrote:PROLONG...
Spoiler:
Image


-- posted by newpixbot

Cueball, you fool--Pick a flower for her!
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

User avatar
StratPlayer
Posts: 842
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:02 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby StratPlayer » Tue May 14, 2013 4:18 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:Also --this is NOT a double post! It's a serial post, to commemorate the serial nature of the OTC, and as such, is a holy offering...

And to commemorate your 600th posting, of course. Cake for everyone!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage


Wow!!! I missed this! thanks, and you're absolutely right -- to celebrate my 600th, and also my joking discussion with Dracomax (no way would I call it a flame-war or even an argument), here's some more cake!!!

Spoiler:
Image


And...
k.bookbinder wrote:I am, once again, humbled by your quick witted genius. And my co-workers, once again, are nervously moving their chairs slightly further away from me and avoiding eye contact.

Once again -- objective achieved (but I do think your definition of 'genius' might need a little refining and tightening up. Someone with the curse of punnery is more along the 'idiot savant' spectrum, with emphasis on 'idiot'. :wink: )
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!


(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

User avatar
Soup
Posts: 299
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:47 pm UTC
Location: The Comfy Chair

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Soup » Tue May 14, 2013 4:21 pm UTC

Wikipedia wrote:In his study of the phoenix, R. van der Broek summarizes, that, in the historical record, the phoenix "could symbolize renewal in general as well as the sun, Time, the Empire, metempsychosis, consecration, resurrection, life in the heavenly Paradise, Christ, Mary, virginity, the exceptional man, and certain aspects of Christian life"
Waiting for it...

Go username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, Rakhal, thunk!!

User avatar
mscha
Posts: 6904
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:21 pm UTC
Location: NL
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby mscha » Tue May 14, 2013 4:21 pm UTC

Gotta run Outside, but just quick confirmation that Megan didn't touch a pixel on that shrub, this time.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Image
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:
Image
Image

User avatar
Opiboble
It's Machine Code.
Posts: 690
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:50 pm UTC
Location: Alaska, were the outside is always calling...

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Opiboble » Tue May 14, 2013 4:22 pm UTC

I think we need to spice things up again, how about a WOD (Word of the Day) ... First word!

Spoiler:
Wait
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)
Tools of the OTT and OTC:
Map-Newpix Viewer-OTT Stats-Vytron Comic Sciscitor graphs

Eoink
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:33 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Eoink » Tue May 14, 2013 4:23 pm UTC

Opiboble wrote:I think we need to spice things up again, how about a WOD (Word of the Day) ... First word!

Spoiler:
Wait


Second Word

Spoiler:
Five

User avatar
StratPlayer
Posts: 842
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:02 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby StratPlayer » Tue May 14, 2013 4:25 pm UTC

Opiboble wrote:I feel "There's a snake in my boot" moment coming...


Huh. Never heard that variation. Usually the line is said so that it's "...in my trousers, and it's happy to see you."
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!


(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

User avatar
Dracomax
Posts: 998
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:11 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Dracomax » Tue May 14, 2013 4:31 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:
Opiboble wrote:I feel "There's a snake in my boot" moment coming...


Huh. Never heard that variation. Usually the line is said so that it's "...in my trousers, and it's happy to see you."

I hope it isn't a constrictor...
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

User avatar
mathrec
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:30 am UTC
Location: Carlsbad, California
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby mathrec » Tue May 14, 2013 4:32 pm UTC

Eoink wrote:
Opiboble wrote:I think we need to spice things up again, how about a WOD (Word of the Day) ... First word!
Spoiler:
Wait

Second Word
Spoiler:
Five

No, three, sire. THREE!
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
The end is always near.
Lord Randall wrote:Wait for it.

User avatar
Opiboble
It's Machine Code.
Posts: 690
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:50 pm UTC
Location: Alaska, were the outside is always calling...

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Opiboble » Tue May 14, 2013 4:35 pm UTC

mathrec wrote:
Eoink wrote:
Opiboble wrote:I think we need to spice things up again, how about a WOD (Word of the Day) ... First word!
Spoiler:
Wait

Second Word
Spoiler:
Five

No, three, sire. THREE!

It bit his head clean off!!!
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)
Tools of the OTT and OTC:
Map-Newpix Viewer-OTT Stats-Vytron Comic Sciscitor graphs

User avatar
htom
Posts: 357
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:13 am UTC
Location: Twin Cities, MN, USA

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby htom » Tue May 14, 2013 4:44 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:
Opiboble wrote:I feel "There's a snake in my boot" moment coming...


Huh. Never heard that variation. Usually the line is said so that it's "...in my trousers, and it's happy to see you."


Out in the BigRoom, snakes love to crawl into boots at night. I'm not sure why, they probably look like holes that smell like food. Then you find them in the morning when you shake out your boots. They're usually rather feisty for a couple of minutes, either from the rude awakening, or their fall to the ground, or the dropped boot falling on them. I've seen them attack such boots, and heard of people being snake-bit by an envenomed fang stuck through a boot and left behind in such an encounter.
cmyk wrote:How can I be so riveted to the Internet equivalent of watching grass grow?

Questions? Spoilers! TimeWiki, geekwagon, The Book of Aubron, ExplainXKCD
mscha wrote:We can ignore reality; in fact, we'll have to, since only Randall knows what it is.

User avatar
Valarya
Posts: 975
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Nashville

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Valarya » Tue May 14, 2013 4:56 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
dreiarmumig wrote:
Spoiler:
StratPlayer wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
dreiarmumig wrote:
pelrigg wrote:
dreiarmumig wrote:Haha, good one. Also just made me wonder whether people with triskaidekaphobia are also afraid of ROT13. Fbeel, crbcyr jvgu gevfxnvqrxncubovn.

And maybe that's why Frame 1313 [heretic]yesterday[/heretic] went unremarked. Especially since it was on [heretic] day of the month: 13 -- abbreviated year: 13[/heretic]

:shock: Woah.

Edit: Maybe Frame 1313 tells us something. Maybe the OTC is taking place somewhere where Frame 1313 was posted at 13:00, which would be, if I calculated correctly: Mountain Standard Time.
(Or maybe I'm trying to spawn yet another religious splinter group.)

Guess what's in that time zone (at least in part)?
The Sonoran Desert.


That makes sense, 'cause I gotta tell ya -- this long walk through the hills has definitely been a snorin' desert...


Etymology of Sonora, according to Wikipedia:
Wikipedia wrote:One theory states that the name was derived from Nuestra Señora, the name given to the territory when Diego de Guzmán crossed the Yaqui River on the day of Nuestra Señora del Rosario ("Our Lady of the Rosary"), which falls on 7 October.'

So I guess it's obvious - they will cross the river and the OTC will end on 7th October.

Aw! If it lasts one more week, It could end on my birthday!


If it ended on the 7th of October¹ it would be my birthday! :mrgreen:


¹ : really wanted to say October 7th, because I'm a 'merican, but didn't want to start that again.
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

Image

User avatar
pelrigg
Posts: 947
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:08 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby pelrigg » Tue May 14, 2013 5:01 pm UTC

please don't let me be misunderstood-Ong
Image

"I just couldn't resist the "phoenix/flamewar" connection."
Maybe if the original had a :wink: after it, then people would have known I was :lol: and not :twisted:. Peace?
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

User avatar
Dracomax
Posts: 998
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:11 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Dracomax » Tue May 14, 2013 5:02 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
dreiarmumig wrote:
Spoiler:
StratPlayer wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
dreiarmumig wrote:
pelrigg wrote:
dreiarmumig wrote:Haha, good one. Also just made me wonder whether people with triskaidekaphobia are also afraid of ROT13. Fbeel, crbcyr jvgu gevfxnvqrxncubovn.

And maybe that's why Frame 1313 [heretic]yesterday[/heretic] went unremarked. Especially since it was on [heretic] day of the month: 13 -- abbreviated year: 13[/heretic]

:shock: Woah.

Edit: Maybe Frame 1313 tells us something. Maybe the OTC is taking place somewhere where Frame 1313 was posted at 13:00, which would be, if I calculated correctly: Mountain Standard Time.
(Or maybe I'm trying to spawn yet another religious splinter group.)

Guess what's in that time zone (at least in part)?
The Sonoran Desert.


That makes sense, 'cause I gotta tell ya -- this long walk through the hills has definitely been a snorin' desert...



Etymology of Sonora, according to Wikipedia:
Wikipedia wrote:One theory states that the name was derived from Nuestra Señora, the name given to the territory when Diego de Guzmán crossed the Yaqui River on the day of Nuestra Señora del Rosario ("Our Lady of the Rosary"), which falls on 7 October.'

So I guess it's obvious - they will cross the river and the OTC will end on 7th October.

Aw! If it lasts one more week, It could end on my birthday!


If it ended on the 7th of October¹ it would be my birthday! :mrgreen:


¹ : really wanted to say October 7th, because I'm a 'merican, but didn't want to start that again.
Obviously it should be written the 111th of October.1

1there are 10 kinds of people...
Last edited by Dracomax on Tue May 14, 2013 5:11 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

User avatar
Opiboble
It's Machine Code.
Posts: 690
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:50 pm UTC
Location: Alaska, were the outside is always calling...

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Opiboble » Tue May 14, 2013 5:05 pm UTC

htom wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Opiboble wrote:I feel "There's a snake in my boot" moment coming...


Huh. Never heard that variation. Usually the line is said so that it's "...in my trousers, and it's happy to see you."


Out in the BigRoom, snakes love to crawl into boots at night. I'm not sure why, they probably look like holes that smell like food. Then you find them in the morning when you shake out your boots. They're usually rather feisty for a couple of minutes, either from the rude awakening, or their fall to the ground, or the dropped boot falling on them. I've seen them attack such boots, and heard of people being snake-bit by an envenomed fang stuck through a boot and left behind in such an encounter.


...Has no one seen Toy Story???
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)
Tools of the OTT and OTC:
Map-Newpix Viewer-OTT Stats-Vytron Comic Sciscitor graphs

User avatar
k.bookbinder
Posts: 975
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:17 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby k.bookbinder » Tue May 14, 2013 5:13 pm UTC

Opiboble wrote:
mathrec wrote:
Eoink wrote:
Opiboble wrote:I think we need to spice things up again, how about a WOD (Word of the Day) ... First word!
Spoiler:
Wait

Second Word
Spoiler:
Five

No, three, sire. THREE!

It bit his head clean off!!!


And the Great Lord Randall did grin and people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orang-utans and breakfast cereals and fruit bats and...

Did StratPlayer say cake!? No! The cake is a lie! Oh wait...no...sorry...sorry, yes OK I see the cake. Thank you StratPlayer but I've just had lunch. I'll just wait for it.

Wait for it...
Wait for it...
Wait for it...
Wait for it...
Wait for it...
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

User avatar
pelrigg
Posts: 947
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:08 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby pelrigg » Tue May 14, 2013 5:14 pm UTC

Opiboble wrote:
htom wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Opiboble wrote:I feel "There's a snake in my boot" moment coming...


Huh. Never heard that variation. Usually the line is said so that it's "...in my trousers, and it's happy to see you."


Out in the BigRoom, snakes love to crawl into boots at night. I'm not sure why, they probably look like holes that smell like food. Then you find them in the morning when you shake out your boots. They're usually rather feisty for a couple of minutes, either from the rude awakening, or their fall to the ground, or the dropped boot falling on them. I've seen them attack such boots, and heard of people being snake-bit by an envenomed fang stuck through a boot and left behind in such an encounter.


...Has no one seen Toy Story???

I have. All three in fact are on the shelf. Even recognized the quote right off. Just couldn't come up with a good Toy Story style response.
(All these folks being serious.....)
Last edited by pelrigg on Tue May 14, 2013 5:15 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

User avatar
Opiboble
It's Machine Code.
Posts: 690
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:50 pm UTC
Location: Alaska, were the outside is always calling...

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Opiboble » Tue May 14, 2013 5:14 pm UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
mathrec wrote:
Eoink wrote:
Opiboble wrote:I think we need to spice things up again, how about a WOD (Word of the Day) ... First word!
Spoiler:
Wait

Second Word
Spoiler:
Five

No, three, sire. THREE!

It bit his head clean off!!!


And the Great Lord Randall did grin and people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orang-utans and breakfast cereals and fruit bats and...

Did StratPlayer say cake!? No! The cake is a lie! Oh wait...no...sorry...sorry, yes OK I see the cake. Thank you StratPlayer but I've just had lunch. I'll just wait for it.

Wait for it...
Wait for it...
Wait for it...
Wait for it...
Wait for it...


Ooo, what kind of cake?
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)
Tools of the OTT and OTC:
Map-Newpix Viewer-OTT Stats-Vytron Comic Sciscitor graphs

User avatar
Febrion
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:27 pm UTC
Location: anchored

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Febrion » Tue May 14, 2013 5:15 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:<big snip>
1there are 10 kinds of people...

And Oct31 == Dec25

All this talk of October put that back in my head :-)
Temporal Knight Sir Junction, Lord of the Sawtooth Snap
Time flies like a River, sand flies like a Trebuchét

User avatar
dreiarmumig
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:33 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby dreiarmumig » Tue May 14, 2013 5:16 pm UTC

I just came across this YouTube video called 'Are Bitcoins and Unusual Hats the Future of Currency?'. I... I don't even.

User avatar
Opiboble
It's Machine Code.
Posts: 690
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:50 pm UTC
Location: Alaska, were the outside is always calling...

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Opiboble » Tue May 14, 2013 5:16 pm UTC

pelrigg wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
htom wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Opiboble wrote:I feel "There's a snake in my boot" moment coming...


Huh. Never heard that variation. Usually the line is said so that it's "...in my trousers, and it's happy to see you."


Out in the BigRoom, snakes love to crawl into boots at night. I'm not sure why, they probably look like holes that smell like food. Then you find them in the morning when you shake out your boots. They're usually rather feisty for a couple of minutes, either from the rude awakening, or their fall to the ground, or the dropped boot falling on them. I've seen them attack such boots, and heard of people being snake-bit by an envenomed fang stuck through a boot and left behind in such an encounter.


...Has no one seen Toy Story???

I have. All three in fact are on the shelf. Even recognized the quote right off. Just couldn't come up with a good Toy Story style response.
(All these folks being serious.....)

Should have gone with "Some one poisoned the watering hole!"
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)
Tools of the OTT and OTC:
Map-Newpix Viewer-OTT Stats-Vytron Comic Sciscitor graphs

User avatar
Febrion
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:27 pm UTC
Location: anchored

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Febrion » Tue May 14, 2013 5:20 pm UTC

Opiboble wrote:
pelrigg wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
htom wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Opiboble wrote:I feel "There's a snake in my boot" moment coming...


Huh. Never heard that variation. Usually the line is said so that it's "...in my trousers, and it's happy to see you."


Out in the BigRoom, snakes love to crawl into boots at night. I'm not sure why, they probably look like holes that smell like food. Then you find them in the morning when you shake out your boots. They're usually rather feisty for a couple of minutes, either from the rude awakening, or their fall to the ground, or the dropped boot falling on them. I've seen them attack such boots, and heard of people being snake-bit by an envenomed fang stuck through a boot and left behind in such an encounter.


...Has no one seen Toy Story???

I have. All three in fact are on the shelf. Even recognized the quote right off. Just couldn't come up with a good Toy Story style response.
(All these folks being serious.....)

Should have gone with "Some one poisoned the semencoffeecancerbaby hole!"


FTFY :-)
Temporal Knight Sir Junction, Lord of the Sawtooth Snap
Time flies like a River, sand flies like a Trebuchét

User avatar
StratPlayer
Posts: 842
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:02 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby StratPlayer » Tue May 14, 2013 5:28 pm UTC

Febrion wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
pelrigg wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
htom wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Opiboble wrote:I feel "There's a snake in my boot" moment coming...


Huh. Never heard that variation. Usually the line is said so that it's "...in my trousers, and it's happy to see you."


Out in the BigRoom, snakes love to crawl into boots at night. I'm not sure why, they probably look like holes that smell like food. Then you find them in the morning when you shake out your boots. They're usually rather feisty for a couple of minutes, either from the rude awakening, or their fall to the ground, or the dropped boot falling on them. I've seen them attack such boots, and heard of people being snake-bit by an envenomed fang stuck through a boot and left behind in such an encounter.


...Has no one seen Toy Story???

I have. All three in fact are on the shelf. Even recognized the quote right off. Just couldn't come up with a good Toy Story style response.
(All these folks being serious.....)

Should have gone with "Some one poisoned the semencoffeecancerbaby hole!"


FTFY :-)


"Reach for the light-colored pixels at the top of the frame!"
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!


(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )


Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 105 guests