1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

spamjam

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby spamjam » Sun May 19, 2013 8:05 am UTC

PRECOMAONG

Kazza3

Postby Kazza3 » Sun May 19, 2013 8:17 am UTC

Ace wrote:
Kazza3 wrote:
Ace wrote:Alright, fine, I'll weigh in on the language stuff - yeah, I use all of these, except female one piece swimwear is only bathers, and the only full body ones I can think of are wetsuits, typically more insulated than the average swimwear. (I guess 'swimwear' is also a word for that, but it's more a general description of the thing than what I would call the thing itself.)

Yeah, good point about wetsuits, I'm from the country (ie, not a surfing community), and it didn't come to mind.

I'm not exactly on the east coast myself, I live in Adelaide, home of crap beaches. (I've seen worse, like a man-made beach in a smelting town: dig down and the sand is black and gross. But I've also seen better.)

Ah, I was born in Adelaide, and my dad grew up there, great city, if not great beaches.

Ace wrote:
Kazza3 wrote:
Ace wrote:On that subject, we don't really have ketchup, just tomato sauce. But I go with ketchup in reference to this post because it's the forum term - ketchup is a word that means only this style of catch up post, to me.)

And yes, their ketchup is our tomato sauce, just a little less sugary, and we don't generally have it in glass bottles (and I don't know why you Americans still do, impossible to get it out!), but use plastic squeeze bottles with a nozzle. I believe what we call tomato paste, Americans call tomato sauce.

Oh, ew. I can't imagine tomato paste on a pie. (Pies are naturally filled with meat. If you don't want meat, have a pastie. These are also savoury, not sweet, and can be meat-filled, but are usually vegetable-filled.)

Well, that's why they have 'ketchup' on pies, not 'tomato sauce'. Or, at least I presume most of them do.

Ace wrote:
Kazza3 wrote:
ggh wrote:What I found trickier was when a word I thought I knew meant something else. In NZ, "lemonade" means a lemony soda like Sprite, and to get an American-style lemonade, (if they even have it) you must ask for an "old-fashioned lemonade."

Though the idea of the American childhood lemonade stand is obviously well-known down here, through every American tv show ever, it had never occurred to me that it wouldn't be carbonated, because to me it's just sweet lemon juice if it's not carbonated. Our bought/commercial lemonades range from things like Sprite or 7up, which are entirely clear, to ones which are actually properly yellow and lemony and a bit closer to the traditional.

The non-fizzy lemon drink is sometimes called 'lemon squash', as well. When I was up north, lemon squash was the beverage of choice for the designated driver - some pubs even offered it free to the driver.

Lemon squash, of course, that's what I meant for the 'properly yellow and lemony' one.

On Australian regional variations, I was thinking of potato cakes (thin 'cakes' of potato, covered and batter and deep-fried, not the same as hash browns, to be found and fish and chips stores), which are called scallops in NSW and potato cakes in Vic/SA, and I seem to vaguely remember them being called potato fritters somewhere else. I'm from regional NSW, but next to the Vic border, so they're potato cakes to me.

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Sun May 19, 2013 8:48 am UTC

I don't know how to find it, but I suggested Megan and Cueball's last stopping place by the river was on the outer edge of a bend because of the undercut. Someone thought it was just grass growing over. However, I think this Frame adds weight to my claim, in the same way Cueball adds weight to the overhang and it doesn't flex.
Frame 1404
The Map of Edfel shows the river bending slightly at this point but I think the radius of curvature should be less.

If you check this Frame against the previous Frame, you will see what appears to be a molpy burial chamber just to the left of the river bank. Or is it mustard?

Exo - nits picked while you wait (for it)
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Sun May 19, 2013 9:00 am UTC

So, I had a whole post typed up, but I think I just deleted it, and I really need to coma. So, in a nutshell:
jjjdavidson wrote:And I immediately thought,
Spoiler:
Megan fell down the ribbit-hole!

This is an awfulesome pun. And I love the D-dactyls, even if they broke mscha.

Vytron, wonderful comic and I'm in it! happy happy happy.

Buffygirl, the hat for HES is my absolute favorite (after mine) of your creations. It is SO CUTE!
nerdsniped wrote:I've been lurking for oh these many a hundred newpages. Finally compelled to pop up (molpy-like?) to say:

Oh wait a minute, this isn't the Monsterometer, it's the Frog-Exaggerator!

(Molpyometer? Raptorometer?)

Hi, nerdsniped! Welcome!

finally edited broken spoiler.
Last edited by lmjb1964 on Mon May 19, 2014 9:43 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

spamjam

Postby spamjam » Sun May 19, 2013 9:01 am UTC

ERRPOSTPRECOMAONG
approaching dinosaurs on the left???
Last edited by spamjam on Sun May 19, 2013 9:03 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Sun May 19, 2013 9:02 am UTC

spamjam wrote:ERRPOSTPRECOMAONG
Spoiler:

Darn it, spamjam, I was going to get that one! Fine, guess I'll just coma. :)

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

xpatiate

Postby xpatiate » Sun May 19, 2013 9:09 am UTC

Hooray for science and its plethora of hexasyllabic terminology!

Wondering, wandering,
Amateur science is
fun although answers are
tricky to find;

Potamological
research especially
is an enjoyable
way to unwind

Rivers are fickle and
sometimes ephemeral:
flowing on Sunday then
Monday, a pond

Neophyte students of
geomorphology
start on a journey to
see what's beyond

Dunes, cliffs and trees and the
molpy-rich wonders of
macrobiology -
what could come next?

Sea levels rise and we
all, none the wiser,
predict and prognosticate,
pleasantly vexed.

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Sun May 19, 2013 9:16 am UTC

Jolly good, xpatiate
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

Kazza3

Postby Kazza3 » Sun May 19, 2013 10:07 am UTC

Weekendong.

Edit: This is a nice bit of country. 4, even.

Sciscitor

Postby Sciscitor » Sun May 19, 2013 10:28 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:Introducing... Now with fancy pocketwatch graphics! And 16 subdivisions instead of outsider 12!

I like the new design a lot. What I do not quite get are the 16 subdivisions. Wouldn't be 10 more appropriate (maybe with half ticks between them)?
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

mscha

Postby mscha » Sun May 19, 2013 10:36 am UTC

Topofthe morntoya
Let's see if I can now
break out of the pattern.
Thank Randall, I'm fixed! Image

Ketchup time!
Spoiler:
(One more checked.)

jjjdavidson wrote:Manicky panicky
m-s-c-h-a's* a
Little bit overwrought;
Let us be kind.
Double-dactylicly
Caught by the meter, he's
Cerebrospinally
Losing his mind.

* ggh's interpretation. And apologies if I've misstated your gender.

Now that I can write normally again Image , a bit more about the pronunciation of mscha.
I pronounce it em-sga (with a Dutch hard g), which is pretty much impossible to do for anyone who isn't Dutch. Luckily, I'm fine with any alternative pronunciations, you can pronounce it “Bob” if you prefer. Image
(The username convention at my first ‘proper’ job was: first letter first name plus four letters last name. It stuck.)
Oh, and I'm indeed a “he”.

We're happy happy happy little frogs.
We're happy happy happy little frogs.
Sitting on a log, all day long
catching flies with a big long tongue.
If you ever happen to come along
DON'T TRIP OVER ME!

Smithers wrote:Also: Is that another (happy, happy, happy, riverish) frog standing behind Robball? What sort of attack is it planning to launch against him?

It's been there ever since Cueball entered the scene, and hasn't been disturbed by a single pixel. So I think a little shrub, or a tree trunk or log (on which the above mentioned from should be sitting) seems more likely.

ChronosDragon wrote:Also, one other thing...the souffle isn't the souffle. The souffle is the recipe.

Spoilers, sweetie...

astrocub wrote:Warning: The following post contains an annoying flashy animated gif that may or may not induce seizures.
Proceed at your own risk!

Randall help me, I am so sorry about this.
(snip)

OMR, astrocub, what have you done‽‽‽
If anyone is looking for me, please check the nearest asylum.

Exodies wrote:
Spoiler:
I don't know how to find it, but I suggested Megan and Cueball's last stopping place by the river was on the outer edge of a bend because of the undercut. Someone thought it was just grass growing over. However, I think this Frame adds weight to my claim, in the same way Cueball adds weight to the overhang and it doesn't flex.
Frame 1404
The Map of Edfel shows the river bending slightly at this point but I think the radius of curvature should be less.
If you check this Frame against the previous Frame, you will see what appears to be a molpy burial chamber just to the left of the river bank. Or is it mustard?

OMR, you're right:
Spoiler:

xpatiate wrote:Hooray for science and its plethora of hexasyllabic terminology!
Spoiler:
Wondering, wandering,
Amateur science is
fun although answers are
tricky to find;

Potamological
research especially
is an enjoyable
way to unwind

Rivers are fickle and
sometimes ephemeral:
flowing on Sunday then
Monday, a pond

Neophyte students of
geomorphology
start on a journey to
see what's beyond

Dunes, cliffs and trees and the
molpy-rich wonders of
macrobiology -
what could come next?

Sea levels rise and we
all, none the wiser,
predict and prognosticate,
pleasantly vexed.

These are wonderful, and very ontopicy! Image
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

Kazza3

Postby Kazza3 » Sun May 19, 2013 11:02 am UTC

50postONG!

Mild success!

FullOfIt

Postby FullOfIt » Sun May 19, 2013 11:08 am UTC

mscha wrote:I pronounce it em-sga (with a Dutch hard g), which is pretty much impossible to do for anyone who isn't Dutch.

Or Swedish. ;) I actually have no problem pronouncing Scheveningen (so I would have been an excellent German spy) or Rozengracht. My girlfriend, though, can't manage the g:s for some reason.

I love the dutch language. It makes me happy every time I hear it. Haven't learned that much though. I always mean to, but everything else just keeps getting in the way. Some day, Gadget. Some day!

mscha

Postby mscha » Sun May 19, 2013 11:11 am UTC

Here's an animation of Megan tripping.

As jjjdavidson already mentioned, the frograptor⁹ can be seen sitting on the ground on the 7th frame, but it's completely gone on the 8th.

⁹: which is an entirely different creature than a molpy; those are much bigger.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

mscha

Postby mscha » Sun May 19, 2013 11:30 am UTC

Kazza3 wrote:50postONG!

Have some cake!
Spoiler:
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

Kazza3

Postby Kazza3 » Sun May 19, 2013 11:35 am UTC

mscha wrote:
Kazza3 wrote:50postONG!

Have some cake!
Spoiler:

Cheers!

mscha

Postby mscha » Sun May 19, 2013 11:55 am UTC

The OTF wrote:Users browsing this forum: Lardy Plans, mscha and 18 guests

Yikes, this place is a ghost town...
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

Angelastic

Postby Angelastic » Sun May 19, 2013 12:00 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:I wrote a song about frogs once...

See, it's all related.
Yay! A song! I love silly songs! But I can't find a way to download it. :( Is this 'Bloody Hell' album for download/sale somewhere?

Oh gosh, I just realised I never actually listened to the boom de yada recording because I was always in the wrong place on the wrong computer (but at the right Time) when I saw the link; where was that again?

I also love 'velocirhapsodies' and call ketchup tomato sauce and 7up lemonade and put unrelated things in one sentence which is the only sentence of its paragraph, but not this one. Meat pies are nice but I go for vegetarian pies if there are any, not that I live in a place that has pies anyway. I call those potato things potato fritters, but only if they're in batter.

On the subject of songs about recently-discussed animals, here's The Doubleclicks singing a song about velociraptors, on a stage where GLR had stood less than a newpix earlier.

I suspect Megan does not know what the ribbiting molpy is called, and that's why she didn't say. Before the ribbit, my working hypothesis was that the dash was for censorship, and she'd found ass.

mscha wrote:These are wonderful, and very ontopicy!

I first read that as octopicy, and wondered what they had to do with that length of time.
Knight Temporal, and Archdeacon of buttermongery and ham and cheese sandwiches. Nobody sells butter except through me.
Image Smiley by yappobiscuits. Avatar by GLR, buffygirl, BlitzGirl & mscha, with cari.j.elliot's idea.
Haiku Detector
starts a trend to make way for
my robot army.

mscha

Postby mscha » Sun May 19, 2013 12:05 pm UTC

Just walking alONG...

They've been climbing for a few scenes now. Of course, they're going upstream, so they've not necessarily left the river. (They would've said something if they had, probably.)

Edit:
a few frames ago (1446), this appeared of the far left of the scene:
Not sure what it is. Could be something that shrub is expelling (spores?). Could also be birds (birpies) in the distance, although our view of Time (a 2-D slice) shouldn't allow that.

And that concludes the reports of the Molpy Monitor for now, I'm pretty sure we've found all the molpyish movements that have occurred up to here.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

f0rmicUla

Postby f0rmicUla » Sun May 19, 2013 12:34 pm UTC

Ace wrote:
ucim wrote:@Ace, and any other new posters Welcome!

Ooh, a personalised welcome! I've been lurking so long (practically since the OTC started - I came to see what the deal was with two stick figures on a beach) that I felt a bit weird about delurking, but I'm feeling better about it now.

I'm a Since-the-beginning-of-Time lurker, too. I've been enjoying XKCD for years, but I rarely went to the forums/fora and didn't feel the need to sign up.
But now, after reading 600ish NPs and feeling encouraged by ucim I just have to take my imaginary hat off to you all. All this creativity and madness, the haikus, poems, hats, velocirhapsodies, charts, maps, and whatnot really give me the feeling that mankind is not all screwed up. This may sound a bit elevated but I mean it. As someone said before, this (the OTT, of course) must be the most civilised place in the internets. To me it is for sure, and the funniest and most interesting place, too.
Time dwellers, blitzers, and condimenters:Thank you!

f0rmi

DrSamCarter

Postby DrSamCarter » Sun May 19, 2013 12:44 pm UTC

My small contribution to the double-dactylic canon. I have enjoyed all the contributions, but tip my (non-existent) hat in special acknowledgement of Rule110's "velocirhapsodies", and express my relief at mscha's recovery (assuming he has).

Comaty somaty
Snared by the OTT
All of us trapped in here
For many ONGs.
Deep contemplation of
OTC-osophy
Spawns awesome poems and
Comics and songs.

Angelastic

Postby Angelastic » Sun May 19, 2013 12:47 pm UTC

'xkcdeviants' could also be a good double dactyl.
Knight Temporal, and Archdeacon of buttermongery and ham and cheese sandwiches. Nobody sells butter except through me.
Image Smiley by yappobiscuits. Avatar by GLR, buffygirl, BlitzGirl & mscha, with cari.j.elliot's idea.
Haiku Detector
my robot army.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Sun May 19, 2013 1:03 pm UTC

astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

mikrit

Postby mikrit » Sun May 19, 2013 1:05 pm UTC

Wibbely wobbely
meaning-conveyable
words can have letters
that do not repeat.
Vodkathumbscrewingly1
is one example, and
pubvexingfjordschmaltzy2
is pretty neat.

I think both these words came from Dmitri A. Borgmann's Language on Vacation.

1In the manner of applying thumbscrews under the influence of vodka.
2Pertaining to the overly sentimental aspects of Norwegian scenes that annoy British beer drinkers.
Hatted and wimpled by ergman.
Dubbed "First and Eldest of Ottificators" by svenman.
Febrion wrote: "etc" is latin for "this would look better with more examples, but I can't think of any".

fhorn

Postby fhorn » Sun May 19, 2013 1:13 pm UTC

Angelastic wrote:'xkcdeviants' could also be a good double dactyl.

Also 'ham and cheese sandwiches.'

ETA: the 1 2 3 4 5 6 (or 6/8 time) is just so damn appealing/catchy.
"...or I shall have to find Chekov myself, and shoot him with his own damn gun" - k.bookbinder
unteaching is the hardest teaching

Angelastic

Postby Angelastic » Sun May 19, 2013 1:18 pm UTC

fhorn wrote:

Also 'ham and cheese sandwiches.'

and 'stealth buttermongery:evil:' although now that I think about it, if my mind isn't already in double dactyl mode, I tend to put the accent on the 'butt':oops:.

:evil:you'd better not.
:oops:hehe. I said 'butt'.
Haiku Detector
my robot army.

ucim

Postby ucim » Sun May 19, 2013 1:23 pm UTC

nerdsniped wrote:I've been lurking for oh these many a hundred newpages. Finally compelled to pop up (molpy-like?) to say:
Welcome, glad to see you molpy up and start posting! Seems we're getting a few newfolk.

DrSamCarter wrote:Deep contemplation of
OTC-osophy
Love your inventions!

In the OTT, neologisms are the coin of the realm.

I guess we're creating devant art.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Sun May 19, 2013 1:25 pm UTC

Rule110 wrote:
pelrigg wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:I'd like to request the art-creators between us to help me and provide a simple sketch for the hourglass described below:
Spoiler:
The hourglass at the center of the room is composed of two cone-shaped crystal-clear glass bulbs, which seem slightly twisted at the point they connect. Each bulb ends in a flat, thick, amber-looking surface, on which are engraved, in shallow relief, drawings of two stick figures.

Two glass pipes come from each side of the bottom bulb's bottom, circling the hourglass until they reach the opposite side at the top bulb's top. At every instant there are a few grains of sand following that path to refill the top bulb.

The sand inside the hourglass is composed of white and black grains. The continued flow of sand makes ever-changing patterns on the bottom bulb's sand's surface; however, at a unknown but constant interval of time, the flow suddenly stops, allowing the pattern to stabilize for a while.

I followed your link earlier and liked what I saw. Is this a verbal sketch for something more? (Hint, Hint)
I'm a big fan of The Good Dr. A, and this looks like a fitting homage to one of his best stories. (The one he himself liked to call his "best")

But I'm not able to help translate your word-picture into a visual. Definitely not a skill of mine.

So, the "A" stands for Borges? :)

ETA: The association with Borges was based on the entire scene described in the document you linked to earlier, not just the hourglass, so I'm probably being unintentionally confusing here.

No. It stands for R. Daneel Olivaw.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

htom

Postby htom » Sun May 19, 2013 1:53 pm UTC

azule wrote:I don't know how to
Didacticalize things
Following rules is
Too much work for a Waiter
What's wrong with good ol'
A-B-A-B-A-B-A-B
Do others of you find
Didactyls aren't torture

note: spelling??

I wouldn't call them torture, but my attempts have all been abandoned, unpublished.

A-B-A-B-A-B-A-B becomes boring after a while, just about there, in fact, and I start playing with it.
A-B-A-B-A-B-A-B C-D-C-D A-B-A-B-A-B-A-B A-C-A-C B-D-B-D A-B-A-B-A-B-A-B

mscha wrote:
Spoiler:
Just walking alONG...

They've been climbing for a few scenes now. Of course, they're going upstream, so they've not necessarily left the river. (They would've said something if they had, probably.)

Edit:
a few frames ago (1446), this appeared of the far left of the scene:
Not sure what it is. Could be something that shrub is expelling (spores?). Could also be birds (birpies) in the distance, although our view of Time (a 2-D slice) shouldn't allow that.

And that concludes the reports of the Molpy Monitor for now, I'm pretty sure we've found all the molpyish movements that have occurred up to here.

Flying insects for the ribbetors and moplys to eat?
cmyk wrote:How can I be so riveted to the Internet equivalent of watching grass grow?

Questions? Spoilers! TimeWiki, geekwagon, The Book of Aubron, ExplainXKCD
mscha wrote:We can ignore reality; in fact, we'll have to, since only Randall knows what it is.

ergman

Postby ergman » Sun May 19, 2013 2:06 pm UTC

its actually been so lONG and no-one got it?

edit: LOOOONNEEEELLLLYYYY. I AM SO LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONELY
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

fhorn

Postby fhorn » Sun May 19, 2013 2:25 pm UTC

ucim wrote:thread moves pretty fast so it may not always seem that way. Don't be discouraged if posts don't get responses, conversing here is kind of like painting raindrops in a thunderstorm.

Snipped and Sigged.
"...or I shall have to find Chekov myself, and shoot him with his own damn gun" - k.bookbinder
unteaching is the hardest teaching

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Sun May 19, 2013 2:31 pm UTC

Molpies need sustenance
for their mope-molpiness
I see them Eyeing the
    little frog mounds.

Frogs should watch out for the
Molpyapocalypse
Hungry and creeping up
    out of the ground.
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

nerdsniped

Postby nerdsniped » Sun May 19, 2013 2:32 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:

Oh wait a minute, this isn't the Monsterometer, it's the Frog-Exaggerator!

(Molpyometer? Raptorometer?)

Hi, nerdsniped! Welcome!

Thanks! I wasn't sure whether anyone would get the Simpsons reference, but we'd all been wondering what awesomeful fate might have befallen Megan, and then the frog popped up -- perhaps the first moment in the OTC that actually made me laugh out loud, and I immediately flashed back to an old Simpsons episode. (Can't find a good video link offhand, and as a newbie I'm not sure I'm trusted to post links yet anyway, but in this crowd I'm sure at least a few people will have seen it.)

As long as I'm here, one recent thing I wanted to comment on. I found mscha's image mashup of a recent OTC frame with a color landscape photo especially striking -- I literally had to just stop and stare for a while. I found myself wondering why: yes, it's some beautiful scenery, but I've seen beautiful scenery before. Then I realized it was the contrast with the OTC that made it so striking. People have noted the GLR's uncanny ability to convey subtleties of action and emotion with just a few penstrokes... but other effects are harder to capture in this style. The minimalist drawings, black and white, in a small frame, make even the recent river3side grasslands feel like a wasteland.

* nervously checks to see whether Dracomax is online *

This style *is* very conducive to the sense of exploration and mystery we've all been feeling. But I didn't really get why Cueball was talking about how beautiful it was, until I saw mscha's photo, and realized that what Cueball sees is not what we see. Interesting to think about.
New to the Time thread? Click here!

"we are dangerously close to answers. Let's hope they lead to more questions..." -- HES

"Expect friskiness." -- keithl

ergman

Postby ergman » Sun May 19, 2013 3:06 pm UTC

glugong

I will keep the newpixbot at bay!
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

benoitowns

Postby benoitowns » Sun May 19, 2013 3:13 pm UTC

Okay, I haven't looked at this thread for the past few hundred replies, so where's the most recent GIF of the whole comic that I can see?

Cadellin

Postby Cadellin » Sun May 19, 2013 3:18 pm UTC

benoitowns wrote:Okay, I haven't looked at this thread for the past few hundred replies, so where's the most recent GIF of the whole comic that I can see?

This lets you play through them all: http://geekwagon.net/projects/xkcd1190/

Swein

Postby Swein » Sun May 19, 2013 3:30 pm UTC

Has anybody discussed wether Megan tripped but luckily found a ribbeting frograptor to distract the audience with, or if she, upon spotting her prey, dived head first to catch it?
The past is full of traps, charms and mirages, but if you just keep up with with what you are doing it will all be fine.

HES

Postby HES » Sun May 19, 2013 3:36 pm UTC

astrocub wrote:IMPENETRABLE WALL OF SPOILERS AND WARNINGS

ALL HAIL HYPNOCUB

oops, typo. Meant to be a hypnotoad/astrocub reference
Huh? Why am I lying on the floor? Why are my eyes bleeding? Strange.
Swein wrote:Has anybody discussed wether Megan tripped but luckily found a ribbeting frograptor to distract the audience with, or if she, upon spotting her prey, dived head first to catch it?

Ah, the well know faceplant hunting technique. Who needs a trebuchet?

No ketchup today. The bottle is empty.
Last edited by HES on Sun May 19, 2013 7:57 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
He/Him/His Image

fatness

Postby fatness » Sun May 19, 2013 3:58 pm UTC

astrocub wrote:Warning: The following post contains an annoying flashy animated gif that may or may not induce seizures.
Proceed at your own risk!

Randall help me, I am so sorry about this.

{eeeeeek}

astrocub wrote:I'm just going to go sit and stare at the wall for a few hours now...

Made even more surreal here by REM's "Leave" coming up on the ol' Victrola at about the same time I clicked the button and synchronizing with the animation.

My left eye won't stop twitching.

jjjdavidson
Location: Outside: The Ozarks, North America ─ OTTside: Lost in the 1400s

Postby jjjdavidson » Sun May 19, 2013 4:01 pm UTC

BurpONG?Image
ETA: No sign of molpy activity I can spot.
Last edited by jjjdavidson on Sun May 19, 2013 4:07 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Don't worry. Feed squirpys.
Don't wait for me.
My OTC/OTT graphsMay include spoilers!
Helpful links: Time Wiki FAQrot-13 / Morse decoders
He won! He won! He won!
Knight Temporal. :) Ex-Loopist. :(

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”