1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Exodies

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Exodies » Sun May 19, 2013 10:42 pm UTC

ucim wrote:Tappety typety
jjjdavidson
wanted some poetry
fit for a nerd.

Start with some nonsense but
stick to the rhythm and
end with a sesqueped-
alean word.

Incubus thinkubus -
Such a response from us!
Not to be bested we
all joined the herd.

Neologistical
entries were flying and
soon there were prizes and
honors conferred.

waltzity schmaltzity
More like a jig, I see.
Write it with care to a-
void much disdain...

...about lexical choices. It
isn't sufficient to
polysyllabicate
something that's plain.

clickety clackety
Once on the track any
rhythmic distrubance can
derail the train.

What a calamety
That would be if somehow
things got a little
messed up. It would
all go down the drain.

Jose

Worthy of the Great McGonagall
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

mscha

Postby mscha » Sun May 19, 2013 10:48 pm UTC

azule wrote:
Spoiler:
davean wrote:
Pikrass wrote:
HES wrote:Now all we need is a way to nest spoilers properly (but without everybody (including lurkers and passers by) installing a script, I don't see this happening :()

The only way then is fixing the phpBB BBCode parser. But I doubt the One True Webmaster davean would let us do that. :D

That isn't even part of phpBB core, it is a quick hack I added ages ago for some subforum or other. Just a custom BBCode tag with some JS attached. It could easily be improved. Just send a patch or something.

Just summon me again, or better yet email it.

Woah. You two are lucky to get such a response. :)

On the point: I don't know what you would need, davean, but I did get nested spoilers functioning with my local JS. If I knew what was required to make it BBCode compliant....

I'm afraid it won't be as simple as that, though. It's not the custom BBcode tag or the Javascript that is the problem, but the BBcode parser that gets confused when it gets a nested [ spoiler ] tag. :?

Edit: known bugraptor. Doesn't look like it's getting fixed any time soon.
Last edited by mscha on Sun May 19, 2013 10:52 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

Pikrass

Postby Pikrass » Sun May 19, 2013 10:50 pm UTC

davean wrote:
Pikrass wrote:
HES wrote:Now all we need is a way to nest spoilers properly (but without everybody (including lurkers and passers by) installing a script, I don't see this happening :()

The only way then is fixing the phpBB BBCode parser. But I doubt the One True Webmaster davean would let us do that. :D

That isn't even part of phpBB core, it is a quick hack I added ages ago for some subforum or other. Just a custom BBCode tag with some JS attached. It could easily be improved. Just send a patch or something.

Wow! :shock: Didn't see that coming! So we can invoke you by pronuncing your name? I feel like a wizard right now.

Yeah, I'll send you a patch. The OTT is so full of spoilers that it's definitely worth it. I've already done similar things.
Programmer and waiter devoted to Time.

Scripts for the One True Thread: heretic date to newpix converter; spoiler detector; multiquote; extra hide button for spoilers.
Code, links and instructions on Github.
Bundle (Firefox only)

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Sun May 19, 2013 10:52 pm UTC

For Flado

Flado-hat-s.png
Flado-hat-s.png (13.29 KiB) Viewed 18669 times

Flado.png
Flado.png (6.72 KiB) Viewed 18741 times

EDIT: Corrected spelling of Flado in image name.
Last edited by buffygirl on Sun May 19, 2013 11:45 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

mscha

Postby mscha » Sun May 19, 2013 11:05 pm UTC

MosquitosauONG...

Updated mosquitosaur animation:
Last edited by mscha on Sun May 19, 2013 11:06 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Sun May 19, 2013 11:06 pm UTC

Well, I have 44 pages to Ketchup! So, hi from the past!
Just read: zoom, enhance, and velicoraptor!

Oh, and the ninja-detector just popped up with mscha's ONG so thanks for spoiling me, forum software :P
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

ucim

Postby ucim » Sun May 19, 2013 11:16 pm UTC

mscha, referring to the time-traveller spoiler by Phaelin near the top of page 92 wrote:Unfortunately, Phaelin hasn't logged in since 1 April, so no chance that this will be fixed.
Could somebody who has posted on an earlier page edit their post to put up a lighthouse? At least time travellers will be warned, and can take evasive action.

Lighthouse suggestion: In that edit, quote this post (the page topper)
Also quote the spoiler post but alter the image link to whatever the proper frame would have been (or eliminiate it entirely).

Then provide this link to the third post on that page, which will safely skirt the shoals of time.

Kieryn would be a good candidate to do this, since he has several posts on the bottom of page 91 that could serve as locations for the lighthouse.

mscha wrote:Just a quick note that I added an animation and observation to my previous post. (Didn't expect the OTT to move so fast on such a slow day.)
Thanks for the note about that. I browse with animations disabled (I find them visually distracting; this trick calms the web quite a bit) but I turn them on by hand when there is an animation I want to see. That happens a lot in this thread.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

htom

Postby htom » Sun May 19, 2013 11:17 pm UTC

azule wrote:
davean wrote:
Spoiler:
Pikrass wrote:

On the point: I don't know what you would need, davean, but I did get nested spoilers functioning with my local JS. If I knew what was required to make it BBCode compliant....

If we're going to do this, can we change the gadgets to Reveal="text string" and Conceal="text string" (appears at the end of the spoiled portion) where the text strings are not needed to match? An example, Reveal="epileptic gif enclosed" and Conceal="hide gif" (Reveal and Conceal would have to remain as the lead of the gadget title, to forestall some pranks.) If there's no =, then no text message in addition to the Reveal/Conceal label.

Edit -- using reveal and conceal, or reveal and /reveal as a synomym for conceal, spoiler can be ignored, if we could add a new gadget to the edit bar. bbparser won't see it at all.
cmyk wrote:How can I be so riveted to the Internet equivalent of watching grass grow?

Questions? Spoilers! TimeWiki, geekwagon, The Book of Aubron, ExplainXKCD
mscha wrote:We can ignore reality; in fact, we'll have to, since only Randall knows what it is.

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Sun May 19, 2013 11:44 pm UTC

Signpost! Page 634 of 664
HES wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:And Mister Spinny was my favourite sawblade the first time I played through Ravenholm in HalfLife2.

Which will we see first? Half Life 3 or the end of Time?

Prediction: Time will eventually cover the events of Half Life 3.

SBN's "Lightning Calculator" is pretty awesome.

Wasted a while trying to get my mouse over RobIrr's tiny tvtropes link (Could have done with an enchance button to help my find it) but I didn't click because I've already read that page.

Just realised (due to their mention) that I have 2 OtherComics to read. Whoops! Better go do that now.

azule wrote:ED Summer:
Eternal Density wrote:I'm a bit jealous of the Northern Hemisphere, which seems to monopolise Summer. (Yes, that Summer ->)
I was a bit confused by this.
ED Summer.jpg
Since, for me, there's nothing there, I presumed you did mean Summer, the season, "Look, see, there's nothing there, therefore I'm obviously being direct and referring to the season. Duh." *shrug*

You seem to have a different forum layout to me, as I see avatars on the right hand side, not the left hand side. So reverse the direction of the arrow and you'll see I meant the Summer that was River.

On the topic of Burma-Shave:
In my corner of the world I see quite a few roadside adverts for a lawn turf company, which are typically grass puns. (i.e. "The plot thickens...")

Oh, I still haven't checked the Other Comics. Doing it now...

I like mathrec's "No Rules" sign, which points out that a No Rules sign actually forbids No Rules sign, which proves that logically there *must* be rules.
RobIrr wrote:
azule wrote:
RobIrr wrote:Thank you BlitzGirl! That's had me chuckling for ages! (And, in case I didn't say it before, as I was, um, blitzing my ketchup at the time, the Boom de yada comic was fantastic too; I've got a printout stuck up next to me now!)

PixPlz! (Face/arm/nose w/ printout.)
thumbsup.jpg

I wish I had something capable of printing bigger! I may have to split it up to make a bigger one for the wall..

Bwahaha, we've infected the Outside! (Unfortunately quoting an attachment doesn't work. But yeah, it's the photo of a printout of BlitzGirl's Boomdeyadapresentpresentcomic.
Swein wrote:
Latent22 wrote:Here is the new molpy. it looks like it is moving sideways slightly

molpy.gif

It's got a tail! Or is it it's little raptor head held high while carefully backing away from the flying raptor?

It must be a monkey. Proof by song.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Mon May 20, 2013 12:07 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:It must be a monkey. Proof by song.

Here's another monkey-related sONG

HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

mscha

Postby mscha » Mon May 20, 2013 12:12 am UTC

Raptorfly² update: and it's gone. (Or to be precise: sitting on the top right branch.)
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

Pikrass

Postby Pikrass » Mon May 20, 2013 12:16 am UTC

htom wrote:
Spoiler:
azule wrote:
davean wrote:
Pikrass wrote:

If we're going to do this, can we change the gadgets to Reveal="text string" and Conceal="text string" (appears at the end of the spoiled portion) where the text strings are not needed to match? An example, Reveal="epileptic gif enclosed" and Conceal="hide gif" (Reveal and Conceal would have to remain as the lead of the gadget title, to forestall some pranks.) If there's no =, then no text message in addition to the Reveal/Conceal label.

Edit -- using reveal and conceal, or reveal and /reveal as a synomym for conceal, spoiler can be ignored, if we could add a new gadget to the edit bar. bbparser won't see it at all.

We still need to keep the original tag. Posts are stored as HTML in the database, and are converted back to BBCode when edited or quoted. So we must be careful not to break compatibility with "old" messages.

I have a working patch that only takes care of the nested spoilers problem. I can add support for this too and provide the code to convert it back, but I think we shouldn't complicate it too much. I don't see an use case for the "conceal" part, I'd rather just implement a [spoiler="text to be displayed instead of 'Spoiler'"] tag, as other forums do.

In a similare way, I'd like to shorter the Javascript of the "Show" button¹, and maybe add a second Hide button at the bottom of the spoiler, but the old messages wouldn't benefit from it, and there would be two pieces of code to convert it back. So I don't know if it's worth it.
Programmer and waiter devoted to Time.

Scripts for the One True Thread: heretic date to newpix converter; spoiler detector; multiquote; extra hide button for spoilers.
Code, links and instructions on Github.
Bundle (Firefox only)

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Mon May 20, 2013 12:32 am UTC

Woo, I'm all caught up!
that was pretty quick because
I did skim a lot.

You can call LEGO
bricks "LEGOs" if you first call
a brick a LEGO.

Potato cakes or
Scallops? I always call them
Potato scallops.

jjjdavidson
Location: Outside: The Ozarks, North America ─ OTTside: Lost in the 1400s

Postby jjjdavidson » Mon May 20, 2013 12:45 am UTC

I've been looking at the snake panels of Umwelt, hoping to use them to illustrate my Loopist ideas, and noticed for the first time that the images have the same type of filename as Timeframes: 64-digit hexadecimal numbers. This lends credence to the idea that Timeframe names are simply 256-bit random strings formatted as hex, rather than an actual hash of some sort of sequence value. I originally thought they were hashed, but I'm giving up on that idea. Too bad, because there's at least a chance of discovering a pattern behind hashed names, but no chance if they're random.

Just for the fun of it, I tested the names of the 1463 Timeframes thus far revealed against the Umwelt image folder, and the 13 Umwelt snake panels against Time. No matches, sadly. :(

Eternal Density wrote:Woo, I'm all caught up!
I did skim a lot.

You can call LEGO
a brick a LEGO.

Potato cakes or
Potato scallops.

That's what I hear a lot of people do. "Pass me a blue lego." "I stepped on a lego by the refrigerator." "Eww, is that a lego in the litter box?"
Don't worry. Feed squirpys.
Don't wait for me.
My OTC/OTT graphsMay include spoilers!
Helpful links: Time Wiki FAQrot-13 / Morse decoders
He won! He won! He won!
Knight Temporal. :) Ex-Loopist. :(

mscha

Postby mscha » Mon May 20, 2013 12:45 am UTC

I did skim a lot.

You can call LEGO
a brick a LEGO.

Potato cakes or
Potato scallops.

Welcomy belcomy
Eternal Destiny
You must have skimmed quite a
    little too fast.
Didn't you notice we
now double dactyl? In
OTT-poetry
    haikus are past.

Edit to add Image to make clear that I'm just joking. Of course, feel free to post in whatever form you like...
Last edited by mscha on Mon May 20, 2013 1:03 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

jjjdavidson

Postby jjjdavidson » Mon May 20, 2013 1:01 am UTC

mscha wrote:
I did skim a lot.

You can call LEGO
a brick a LEGO.

Potato cakes or
Potato scallops.

Welcomy belcomy
Eternal Destiny
    little too fast.
Didn't you notice we
now double dactyl? In
OTT-poetry
    haikus are past.

Don't sweat it. I started the d-dactyls, but it's fine with me if you stick to haiku, or limericks, or pages of blank verse. But if you want to try one yourself, here's a link to the rules. Have fun!
Don't wait for me.
He won! He won! He won!

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Mon May 20, 2013 1:09 am UTC

fatness wrote:
azule wrote:The plant that grew suddenly on newpix#1426 appears to be similar (enough) to the one the beesnake just came out of this newpix(#1459). Also, you can tell (from the previous 2 newpix) that the length is not a trail as the 2nd beesnake had it's tail while it was stationary.

Thought: the plant is actually a beesnake. OR, the plants pop up quickly, providing homes/hiding places for beesnakes.

Or...they are:

Penisfiles.png

Penisbees!69

Heh...thanks for the setup. And on #100 too!

Spoiler:
from the aforementioned Umwelt. It IS all connected.

10 points!
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)
Tools of the OTT and OTC:
Map-Newpix Viewer-OTT Stats-Vytron Comic Sciscitor graphs

mscha

Postby mscha » Mon May 20, 2013 1:10 am UTC

STRONGYLOIDIASIS...

-- posted by newpixbot
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

mscha

Postby mscha » Mon May 20, 2013 1:15 am UTC

newpixbot wrote:STRONGYLOIDIASIS...

Uh oh...
According to newpixbot, those weren't raptorflies, mosquitosaurs, or anything like that, but Strongyloides stercoralis, and Cuegan will probably die a slow and horrible death due to Strongyloidiasis.

:o

It's all connected, you know...
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

jjjdavidson

Postby jjjdavidson » Mon May 20, 2013 1:17 am UTC

mscha wrote:STRONGYLOIDIASIS...
Spoiler:

-- posted by newpixbot

Oh, boy, another flat place. But with weeds, this time. Too weedy for a Wal∙Mart; this must be the parking lot of an Otasco or a TG&Y that Wal∙Mart put out of business.
Last edited by jjjdavidson on Mon May 20, 2013 1:19 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Don't wait for me.
He won! He won! He won!

ttscp

Postby ttscp » Mon May 20, 2013 1:18 am UTC

Sciscitor wrote:Ok, this one may need some explanation, so here I go:

As some of you may be aware, I was a bit obsessed the last days with finding a good way to measure information content of individual posts. After some dead ends I finally came up with the following scheme to approximate originality and information content in the OTT.
Spoiler:
I count the number of new words per post, and the number of new word sequences with a length of 2, 3, 4, and 5. Than I summarize those values but in doing so divide the number for the sequences by 2, 4, 8 and 16, to counter inflation. (This step btw is highly dubious in terms of information theory, but I couldn't come up with anything better... so sue me.) As a last step I multiply by 16 (just to get rid of the fractions).

The diagram below is the first result of these calculations. What is pretty amazing about it is the rise in original content. The graph starts with a peak, which is just to be expected: The first post naturally is all new content and so are the following ones. The metric quickly declines as most words and combinations thereof are already used. But then something amazing happens: The counts rise. And keep rising. And still do so. Which means that... Boy, aren't we a creative bunch!

Ok it's coma time here, but I've got a few new and novel ideas for combining this data with other things (eras come to mind, but also user rankings, new users by time, information by post length and so on)

Great work, thank you. I think I'd agree with the overall conclusion that information content is rising; there are a couple of factors that contribute to that (1) the constantly ticking newpix feed information into the OTT and as more of the story/puzzle is revealed it registers as more information and (2) the spacing of newpix is such that the OTT has time to speculate but also to get bored and bring in other information (I do not say Outside information, because I do not wish to risk the comfy chair and chocolate).

Your method of measuring information content sounds good. It has similarities to compression techniques which is the only way I know to measure entropy (enlighten me fellow Waiters if there are others; I be not expert in this area). However there might be some issues due to peculiarities of the OTT. The double dactyl, for instance, introduces nonsense words as part of its structure and these will give more information weight to posts containing them than is perhaps correct. (As has been already noted by fatness.) Our tendency to make up terms has the same effect.

That said, huzzah and cupcakes for you. Unfortunately I have no resources to make them, will you accept virtual cupcakes?

ETA: reference to fatness post
Last edited by ttscp on Mon May 20, 2013 1:29 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Always act to increase the survival chances of the largest group you are a part of.

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Mon May 20, 2013 1:21 am UTC

jjjdavidson wrote:
mscha wrote:STRONGYLOIDIASIS...
Spoiler:

-- posted by newpixbot

Oh, boy, another flat place. But with weeds, this time. Too weedy for a Wal∙Mart; this must be the parking lot of an Otasco or a TG&Y that Wal∙Mart put out of business.

Or an IKEA...
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Mon May 20, 2013 1:22 am UTC

Ops. I decided to listen Boom de Yada again.
HELP!
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon May 20, 2013 1:50 am UTC

Grumbledy, mumbledy!
jjjdavidson,
last night I cursed you when
I went to bed.
Tried hard to coma but
Found that I couldn't with
Your doubledactyly
Stuck in my head!

jjjdavidon, I've been wondering--is your name really made up of three names starting with J?
It's not John Jacob Jingleheimer, is it?
That's my name too!
Whenever we go out, the people always shout "there's goes John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt!"

NANANANANANANA!

Sorry; hectic, stressful day on too little coma, followed by a very strong beer. Plus I'm being driven insane by my neighbor's band rehearsal. Not sure what you call his style of vocals. I would call it "bad." The American Idols judges would call it "pitchy," which is kinda like saying the Grand Canyon is "big."x

Time for a mini-coma before ketchup.

x i.e., seaish.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Mon May 20, 2013 2:02 am UTC

SOS
See my previous post for details.
Selecting new quote…

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Mon May 20, 2013 2:03 am UTC

mscha wrote:
I did skim a lot.

You can call LEGO
a brick a LEGO.

Potato cakes or
Potato scallops.

Welcomy belcomy
Eternal Destiny
    little too fast.
Didn't you notice we
now double dactyl? In
OTT-poetry
    haikus are past.

Edit to add Image to make clear that I'm just joking. Of course, feel free to post in whatever form you like...
I don't like them, so I'm rebellONG.

<ninja snip but leaving the ONG because AluisioASG didn't say it :P>
[edit] How do I rescue AluisioASG from listening to Boom de Yadda?

ucim

Postby ucim » Mon May 20, 2013 2:10 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:How do I rescue AluisioASG from listening to Boom de Yadda?
Give him a stronger earworm. Hopefully one that doesn't turn into a brainworm.

Jose
There is a large dark aardvark in the park...
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Mon May 20, 2013 2:15 am UTC

ucim wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:How do I rescue AluisioASG from listening to Boom de Yadda?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2bQM98gExo I could listen to this all day.

jjjdavidson

Postby jjjdavidson » Mon May 20, 2013 2:16 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:SOS
Spoiler:

AluisioASG, use this link only if you are truly desperate. My wife has already threatened bodily harm to me for reminding her of it.
Don't wait for me.
He won! He won! He won!

HES

Postby HES » Mon May 20, 2013 2:25 am UTC

jjjdavidson wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:
Spoiler:
SOS

AluisioASG, use this link only if you are truly desperate. My wife has already threatened bodily harm to me for reminding her of it.

There isn't even a decent rhyming scheme. And I know you warned us, but you owe me new ears :shudders:
Last edited by HES on Mon May 20, 2013 2:26 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
He/Him/His Image

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Mon May 20, 2013 2:26 am UTC

jjjdavidson wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:SOS
Spoiler:

It didn't... boom... work... yada...

Eternal Density wrote:
ucim wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2bQM98gExo I could listen to this all day.

Didn't work... boom de yada, boom de yada, boom de yada... either... yada
Selecting new quote…

HES

Postby HES » Mon May 20, 2013 2:28 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:Didn't work... boom de yada, boom de yada, boom de yada... either... yada

Just listen to boom de yada on repeat, and it should cancel itself out over time. Maybe a long time.

Edit: I cannot get these quotes/spoilers right tonight
He/Him/His Image

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Mon May 20, 2013 2:30 am UTC

I'm trying this one. Seems to be working.
Selecting new quote…

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Mon May 20, 2013 2:31 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:Didn't work... boom de yada, boom de yada, boom de yada... either... yada
Okay try this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzGcpHxqYIk
[edit] Oh, never mind then.

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Mon May 20, 2013 2:32 am UTC

fatness wrote:
Spoiler:
azule wrote:The plant that grew suddenly on newpix#1426 appears to be similar (enough) to the one the beesnake just came out of this newpix(#1459). Also, you can tell (from the previous 2 newpix) that the length is not a trail as the 2nd beesnake had it's tail while it was stationary.

Thought: the plant is actually a beesnake. OR, the plants pop up quickly, providing homes/hiding places for beesnakes.

Or...they are:

Penisbees!69

Spoiler:

That's a great 100! Perfectly executed in the visual.

(I am confused how I set it up. Was it the snake double entendre?)

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon May 20, 2013 2:48 am UTC

So last coma, in a small segment of my coma-vision, I saw Randall the Omniscient comment on the One True Comic saying something along the lines of "Bear with me on this one, it will all become clear"… So yeah, I must be some kinda holy prophet, and The Lord Randall came to me in a dream and now we know Time will end with some sort of punchline or conclusion. Yup.

Anyway, time for some lashings of… Image

Angelastic wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:I wrote a song about frogs once...

See, it's all related.
Yay! A song! I love silly songs! But I can't find a way to download it. :( Is this 'Bloody Hell' album for download/sale somewhere?

Oh gosh, I just realised I never actually listened to the boom de yada recording because I was always in the wrong place on the wrong computer (but at the right Time) when I saw the link; where was that again?

Bloody Hell, it's Lederhosen Toaster! Album (Free download, I wouldn't expect anyone in their right mind to actually pay for this :P)
Boom de yada (but please enjoy responsibly. Look what happened to poor AluisioASG.)
:)

mscha wrote:What is that thing??
Spoiler:

Edit: never mind, my monitor was dirty, it's gone now. ;)

Obviously an escaped sperm from the semencancerbabies.

AluisioASG wrote:Ops. I decided to listen Boom de Yada again.
HELP!

At least it didn't result in a sea1 of boom de yadas this time ;)

But yeah, you poor soul… well, I got you into this mess, so I'm gonna do my best to get you out of it the only way I know how. With glorious, ultra-cheesy POWER METAL. For normal cases I'd recommend some Edguy, Helloween, Gloryhammer, Sonata Arctica or Randall forbid, even some DragonForce… but this is a serious case, I'm gonna need to break out the strong stuff. Now be careful. Here's some Freedom Call and Power Quest. Use with EXTREME caution.
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Mon May 20, 2013 2:51 am UTC

Pikrass wrote:
Spoiler:
htom wrote:
azule wrote:
davean wrote:
Pikrass wrote:

We still need to keep the original tag. Posts are stored as HTML in the database, and are converted back to BBCode when edited or quoted. So we must be careful not to break compatibility with "old" messages.

I have a working patch that only takes care of the nested spoilers problem. I can add support for this too and provide the code to convert it back, but I think we shouldn't complicate it too much. I don't see an use case for the "conceal" part, I'd rather just implement a [spoiler="text to be displayed instead of 'Spoiler'"] tag, as other forums do.

In a similare way, I'd like to shorter the Javascript of the "Show" button¹, and maybe add a second Hide button at the bottom of the spoiler, but the old messages wouldn't benefit from it, and there would be two pieces of code to convert it back. So I don't know if it's worth it.

If you need a testing ground, I have a spare phpBB testing forum I made on my site a while ago that's been sitting on the webserver untouched. PM me if you're interested.

fatness

Postby fatness » Mon May 20, 2013 2:53 am UTC

azule wrote:
fatness wrote:
Spoiler:

Or...they are:
Spoiler:

Penisbees!69

Spoiler:

That's a great 100! Perfectly executed in the visual.

(I am confused how I set it up. Was it the snake double entendre?)

Thank you for the lob near the net. It was indeed the beesnake thing which for reasons a team of psychiatrists would take decades failing to find out reminded me of that one frame in Umwelt.

edit: speeling
Last edited by fatness on Mon May 20, 2013 2:54 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Mon May 20, 2013 2:53 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:I'm trying this one. Seems to be working.

Bad choice. Now I can't stop dancing.
Got through the 25-minute barrier, though.

I'll try to see if a SYSTEM FAILURE can fix this (I love that scene).
If not, I'll go and try the latest suggestions.
Selecting new quote…

fatness

Postby fatness » Mon May 20, 2013 3:02 am UTC

CockadoodledONG

And the madness continues unabated.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”