1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Exodies

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Exodies » Thu May 23, 2013 3:56 pm UTC

DrSamCarter wrote:I just watched all of "Time" to date at geekwagon, having not done so for many many icositetranewpix. I was a little surprised to realise that the sandcastle period is still over half of the "story so far". The fading seems such a long time ago, yet the start of Time not much beyond that.

Clearly I am temporally befuddled.

Time to coma.

Remember when we used to reminisce about the sandcastles? Ah, those were the days.
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

mscha

Postby mscha » Thu May 23, 2013 4:00 pm UTC

Exodies wrote:Remember when we used to reminisce about the sandcastles? Ah, those were the days.

For old time's sake...
Spoiler:
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

tman2nd

Spoiler Report 9

Postby tman2nd » Thu May 23, 2013 4:01 pm UTC

And another one...
Sano wrote:[img]http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/time.png[/img ]

Page 164
Last edited by tman2nd on Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:58 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Tristram, Guardian of the Time Cats, Defender of the One True Comic, Landsknecht von der Zeit.

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

mscha

Postby mscha » Thu May 23, 2013 4:02 pm UTC

Whatever it is, it's standing perfectly still and not important enough for Cuegan to comment ONG...
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Thu May 23, 2013 4:04 pm UTC

ergman wrote:Alright. I did a Sestina. It wasn't easy, but damn if if was fun. I went for the 11 syllables per line rule as well, though apparently that isn't mandatory. Suffice to say I did a lot of counting on my fingers:
Spoiler:
In Time we heed certain creeds: the sea is big
Revealed by our prophets: the river is small
Cuegan's brief rare dialogues: the tree is neat
Recorded, hid in footnotes: the fire is old
Mystic exposition: empty, beautiful
And of course lord Randall's own words: wait for it

When I first stumbled all alone into It
A panel as per thrice a week, nothing big
Two folk on a beach, so zen and beautiful
Left it alone thinking it something small
Returned later and saw not panel of old
An oh so slow changing image, I thought 'Neat'

Curious about the rules of all things neat
I wiki'd and found a religion 'bout it
In needle pulled form, 400 pages old
I feared to blitz, for time was scarce, pages big
I joined in, threw in my voice, though it is small
I could not bypass something so beautiful

I Learned the terms, the mad tongue so beautiful
I met the folk so kind, funny and neat
Hunted for the molpy, secretive and small
The varied creation pile, I fed some to it
Speculated heresy, theories big
For food I gave sorbet to replace the old

If time ended I could not go back to the old
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful
I can't undrink from the salty sea so big
I forever shall regard the trees as neat
There's double meaning when I say wait for it
The man I was pre-OTT was someone small

Outside now throws my way many matters small
Narnia style, will I one day grow too old?
Ok, that worry's senseless, do it ignore it
Have faith that OTC's forever beautiful
Believe in GLR, science-god so neat
He knows what he's doing like the trees so big

~It needs small words , sestina the beautiful
I'm a whole six stanzas old, and its still neat
Though I'm tired of it's 39 lines; so big~

Well, there you have it. Very melodramatic, as many poems are. Coma time for me now. Have fun

Forgot to say how -- to use a poetic, literary term -- KICK-AZZ!!! your sestina was!!!

Amazing! :D
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!

(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Thu May 23, 2013 4:06 pm UTC

HAL9000 wrote:@Everyone: "BlitzGirl numbers," and an important reminder.
i don't mean to be rude, but I think we need to stop a moment and ask ourselves: What is this thread about? Inflating our egoes by comparing which one of us can provoke a certain user into responding to our posts the most, or discussing an internet comic that just so happens to change once every hour? Because I'm pretty sure it's not the first one.
We're making the posts themselves more important than the information they contain. That's a good way to get a thread locked and users banned.

My own view is that we are like a local cafe at which a bunch of diverse people periodically gather, brought together by a single common interest. However, we also form, un-form, and reform small groups in which to discuss "stuff" that may be not particularly germane to the reason we gathered. But we all have fun and are (up to now, at least) respectful of one another. There are a lot of sub-threads in the OTT, but that is cool. I'm happy to chill when things are discussed in which I have no particular interest.

As I've said elsewhere here, the creativity shown here, in many dimensions, is pretty incredible. Value it (screamed little Fluffy in the background). :twisted:
Lurking. Watching. Thinking. Writing. Waiting.
-- Charlie Grumbles

mathrec

Postby mathrec » Thu May 23, 2013 4:08 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:
Spoiler:
HAL9000 wrote:@Everyone: "BlitzGirl numbers," and an important reminder.

i don't mean to be rude, but I think we need to stop a moment and ask ourselves: What is this thread about? Inflating our egoes by comparing which one of us can provoke a certain user into responding to our posts the most, or discussing an internet comic that just so happens to change once every hour? Because I'm pretty sure it's not the first one.
We're making the posts themselves more important than the information they contain. That's a good way to get a thread locked and users banned.
I am also somewhat perturbed by the fact that we seem to be making one user more important than all the others. No user should get any special level of attention or priveleges, moderators, webninjas, and others who have been trusted with controlling the forums excepted. A user's first post can be just as insightful as a user's thousandth post. Sometimes less, sometimes more. No non-admin/webmaster user is inherently better than any other.
I'm just a person sitting in front of a screen. So is BlitzGirl, Valarya, tman2nd, Kieryn, Red Hal, Vytron, Opibobble, jetpac, KarMann, Exodies, Tometheus, Selcouth, Ace, davidy, EternalDensity, and everyone else who's ever lurked and posted on this forum (don't worry, I care about you guys too, I just don't feel like listing all of this forum's users). None of us should be treated differently than any other.
Some beesnake cupcake toppers for you, good ser. <3

Valarya, I think I'm just being slow on the uptake, but, um, you're actually baking these in real life, aren't you? mmmm... Someone is lucky to be near you!
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
The end is always near.
Lord Randall wrote:Wait for it.

veryslightlygeeky

Postby veryslightlygeeky » Thu May 23, 2013 4:09 pm UTC

foilman wrote:Ooh, what's that on the far side of the frame? A raptor tail?

Could it be part of a ...
Spoiler:
trebuchet?
----------------
We just
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
tempus rerum imperator
----------------

fhorn

Postby fhorn » Thu May 23, 2013 4:12 pm UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:As I've said elsewhere here, the creativity shown here, in many dimensions, is pretty incredible. Value it (screamed little Fluffy in the background). :twisted:

At first I was scared of Fluffy - and worried about Fluffy's place in a generally genteel setting - but I've grown to like him! (her?)
"...or I shall have to find Chekov myself, and shoot him with his own damn gun" - k.bookbinder
unteaching is the hardest teaching

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Thu May 23, 2013 4:13 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
Exodies wrote:Remember when we used to reminisce about the sandcastles? Ah, those were the days.

For old time's sake...
Spoiler:

AAah, the good ol' days. I remember the trebuchet days the best, back when helper and I quoted each other to kingdom come.
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)
Tools of the OTT and OTC:
Map-Newpix Viewer-OTT Stats-Vytron Comic Sciscitor graphs

Sciscitor

Postby Sciscitor » Thu May 23, 2013 4:13 pm UTC

HAL9000 wrote:The quote-web posted a while ago by someone (probably Sciscitor, maybe Kieryn, could have been someone else) was really, really cool, as was Kieryn's quote-circle. Would it be much effort to update either of those? I think they only go up to the early/mid-500 NP.

It was me... and it earned me a BuffyHat btw. Just so you know, even with the Constellations of Time included!
I will look into doing an update at the upcoming wipend.
Last edited by Sciscitor on Thu May 23, 2013 4:32 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Thu May 23, 2013 4:19 pm UTC

mscha wrote:Whatever it is, it's standing perfectly still and not important enough for Cuegan to comment ONG...

Like I said, a projectile. Albiet a very1 slowly moving one.

Spoiler:
very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very
very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

fatness

Postby fatness » Thu May 23, 2013 4:20 pm UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:There are a lot of sub-threads in the OTT, but that is cool. I'm happy to chill when things are discussed in which I have no particular interest.

^^ this ^^

Truthfully, there are times when you all get way over my head but I consider it a mind expanding experience and then move on with what knowledge I managed to glean from it. Admittedly, my 56 year old brain is not as permeable as it used to be so that isn't as often as I'd like but I do keep reading.

However, [heresy] as slow as the OTC moves [/heresy] these distractions and side-trips are inevitable while we wait for itTM. As long as we keep being this civilized and it doesn't turn into cyber-stalking I see nothing wrong with them512.

512at least until the Internet Police show up and order us to evacuate the park.

ttscp

Postby ttscp » Thu May 23, 2013 4:21 pm UTC

edfel wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
Spoiler:
HAL9000 wrote:
Valarya wrote:
HAL9000 wrote: None of us should be treated differently than any other.

[snip]

[snip]
I'm glad that we're all aware of what we're doing.

All things considered, we are a fairly self aware bunch.

Yep, and now we're aware that we're fairly self aware... great:)
By the way, since we're all bots here (it was the conclusion some hectoNP ago right?), maybe the few humans here should check this up http://www.wired.com/underwire/2011/04/ ... elf-aware/

For the record I agree with HAL, too. I followed the link and it is depressing how quickly discussions degenerate into flames. That was a light hearted funny article, and it took something like two comments before it got ugly.
I really appreciate everyone who posts here.
Always act to increase the survival chances of the largest group you are a part of.

Sciscitor

Postby Sciscitor » Thu May 23, 2013 4:22 pm UTC

Kieryn wrote:Sciscitor has done more work here than me, at least on the visualizations. I have a ton of up-to-date data, but it needs to be put into pictures. Both mathrec and myself have some really cool ideas and it's just going to be a matter of time to put all this together.

You are much too modest! Your work on the website is great. And from someone who knows what's behind those pretty pages I can tell you I'm really impressed by the speed and skill you are implementing those ideas. Doing a shortest link algorithm on the data in an evening is some cool feat, no worries.
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Thu May 23, 2013 4:23 pm UTC

Spoiler:
ttscp wrote:
edfel wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
Valarya wrote:
HAL9000 wrote: None of us should be treated differently than any other.

[snip]

[snip]
I'm glad that we're all aware of what we're doing.

All things considered, we are a fairly self aware bunch.

Yep, and now we're aware that we're fairly self aware... great:)
By the way, since we're all bots here (it was the conclusion some hectoNP ago right?), maybe the few humans here should check this up http://www.wired.com/underwire/2011/04/ ... elf-aware/

For the record I agree with HAL, too. I followed the link and it is depressing how quickly discussions degenerate into flames. That was a light hearted funny article, and it took something like two comments before it got ugly.
I really appreciate everyone who posts here.

Should I be glad that comments refuse to load there for me?
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

astrocub

Postby astrocub » Thu May 23, 2013 4:24 pm UTC

@Vytron: Numbers
Spoiler:
Vytron wrote:
Montov wrote:On topic: why is 7 angry at 6?

7 and 4 are friends, and 6 is in love with 4. 6 always bugs 4 and never leaves him alone. One day, 7 is fed up and is decided to put an end to the situation.
Or at least, that's how it happened in my synesthetic comics...
astrocub wrote:Wow, look at that 69 action :shock:

What? Neither 6 or 9 are lesbians, that'd never happen. B and 8, on the other hand...

You genderfy numbers too? :shock:
And 6 is totally a guy, with dark spiky hair.

Vytron wrote:and there's flying molpyflii (am I doing it right?)

:D

@Swein: Baobigfoot
Spoiler:
Swein wrote:This tree I would like to see! Though I would not dare to dwell near it. Too many tourists it has devoured, and now it is ready for rupture! :shock:

:shock: Holy Molpy I want one.

@XonqNopp: Geoguessing
Spoiler:
XonqNopp wrote:Ok, Time for new guess... The picture from Andranomena Reserve suggests that they are there, which is on the island of Madagascar. After looking at the map for a while, we can suppose that they started their trip from the manambolo river (which may be dry at the end in the OTC) and they came to the Tsiribihina river, which according to wikipedia french (english article is very poor) means "where we do not dive" because it is full of crocodiles... Which would explain why they did not try to catch the sock back although they know to swim... It also says that this river is *very* wide (1km at some points) and its delta is 50km wide...

Since we never could determine how much Time was between each frame (and if this value was constant), it is possible that they came to the bridge over the latter river and we did not see it in the OTC... And then they continued their trip along the coast, going a little downhill without we caught up with them again... Who knows what happens between each newpix... And now between the baobabs...

If my supposition is right, they should soon approach the Morondava river (assuming they continue along the coast)... Wait for it. :mrgreen:

But... the problem is the earth profile... This part of Madagascar seems fairly flat...

All this is assuming that Lord Randall is drawing from a scene of the realm... Which is not granted!

Note: I did note check the length... If someone wants to do it, feel free :D

Excellent analysis! I never thought that the river could be dangerous because crocodiles. I disagree that they found a bridge, and in fact I don't see a bridge until another ~60 miles inland where highway 34 crosses the Tsiribihina.
Last edited by astrocub on Thu May 23, 2013 4:31 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

fhorn

Postby fhorn » Thu May 23, 2013 4:27 pm UTC

fatness wrote:
charlie_grumbles wrote:There are a lot of sub-threads in the OTT, but that is cool. I'm happy to chill when things are discussed in which I have no particular interest.

^^ this ^^

Truthfully, there are times when you all get way over my head but I consider it a mind expanding experience and then move on with what knowledge I managed to glean from it. Admittedly, my 56 year old brain is not as permeable as it used to be so that isn't as often as I'd like but I do keep reading.

However, [heresy] as slow as the OTC moves [/heresy] these distractions and side-trips are inevitable while we wait for itTM. As long as we keep being this civilized and it doesn't turn into cyber-stalking I see nothing wrong with them512.

512at least until the Internet Police show up and order us to evacuate the park.

Hear hear!!! Fatness, I feel the exact same way, particularly about the "you all get way over my head" part. I love to read it all, even (and maybe especially) when I have no clue; I'm taking it all in and, like you, trying to learn a bit here and there. (A long Time ago I did compare myself to the golden retriever in the back seat of the car, head out the window, tongue lolling in the wind, just happy to be along for the ride.)
"...or I shall have to find Chekov myself, and shoot him with his own damn gun" - k.bookbinder

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Thu May 23, 2013 4:30 pm UTC

Was just peeking at my site's demographics. Someone viewed from Nuuk, Greenland... Interestingly remote. I wonder who that was?
No visits from Madagascar, however.
Image- Kieryn

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Thu May 23, 2013 4:31 pm UTC

fatness wrote:

^^ this ^^

<snip>

I'll add another 'here, here' to that. I think we all agree that Hal's post was good/necessary/well-stated, but since we are so self-aware, I don't think anyone was offended. At least I hope not. :)

mathrec wrote:
Valarya wrote:Some beesnake cupcake toppers for you, good ser. <3
Spoiler:

Valarya, I think I'm just being slow on the uptake, but, um, you're actually baking these in real life, aren't you? mmmm... Someone is lucky to be near you!

Alas, no. :P I'm googling images. However, as I've stated before.. I do bake a lot and used to experiment with different cupcake / icing flavor combos. I got a bit obsessed with cupcakes for a time, but I still enjoy baking cakes, cheesecakes, pies, pastries, etc. :D
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Thu May 23, 2013 4:33 pm UTC

fhorn wrote:
charlie_grumbles wrote:As I've said elsewhere here, the creativity shown here, in many dimensions, is pretty incredible. Value it (screamed little Fluffy in the background). :twisted:

At first I was scared of Fluffy - and worried about Fluffy's place in a generally genteel setting - but I've grown to like him! (her?)

She is really very sweet. However she can be quite demanding and controlling:
Attachments
Harpiechoc.png
-- Charlie Grumbles

mscha

Postby mscha » Thu May 23, 2013 4:40 pm UTC

Look what I found in Google Earth... If this isn't proof... ;)
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm UTC

HAL9000 wrote:i don't mean to be rude, but I think we need to stop a moment and ask ourselves: What is this thread about? Inflating our egoes by comparing which one of us can provoke a certain user into responding to our posts the most, or discussing an internet comic that just so happens to change once every hour? Because I'm pretty sure it's not the first one.
Spoiler:
I am also somewhat perturbed by the fact that we seem to be making one user more important than all the others. No user should get any special level of attention or priveleges, moderators, webninjas, and others who have been trusted with controlling the forums excepted. A user's first post can be just as insightful as a user's thousandth post. Sometimes less, sometimes more. No non-admin/webmaster user is inherently better than any other.
I'm just a person sitting in front of a screen. So is BlitzGirl, Valarya, tman2nd, Kieryn, Red Hal, Vytron, Opibobble, jetpac, KarMann, Exodies, Tometheus, Selcouth, Ace, davidy, EternalDensity, and everyone else who's ever lurked and posted on this forum (don't worry, I care about you guys too, I just don't feel like listing all of this forum's users). None of us should be treated differently than any other.
I think most serious discussion is rude. (How dare you!) But, seriously, our focus should be distributed accordingly amongst all our awesome users. I wouldn't go so far as to say we should only "worship" the OTC, because the OTT, while it might be meta, is just as much a work of creation and hard work. I think we have a pretty good balance. The "obsession" (maybe not the best word) with certain users (not just BlitzGirl) is probably a natural symptom of any society, but since we're all (sorta) mature we should try to get past that awkward stage. :)

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

fhorn

Postby fhorn » Thu May 23, 2013 4:48 pm UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:
fhorn wrote:

She is really very sweet. However she can be quite demanding and controlling:

Now she's giving me the giggles. Can she come out and play?

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Thu May 23, 2013 4:48 pm UTC

mscha wrote:Look what I found in Google Earth... If this isn't proof... ;)

I don't know how to look at what you found.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

astrocub

Postby astrocub » Thu May 23, 2013 4:51 pm UTC

SBN wrote:

You can download Google Earth, which will also be a new great way to waste Time between newpix :wink:

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Thu May 23, 2013 5:00 pm UTC

Credit where credit is due. As I said earlier, fluffy is a foundling. I did a google search and discovered her birthplace. http://conceptartworld.com/?p=3179

As you can see, she had a hard start, so I try to treat her well.

I was the model for the second image on the page. Or was it the tenth? Ha.

Anyway, they are copyrighted, so I hope I'm not too far over the line here (see http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl102.html).
-- Charlie Grumbles

akacat

Postby akacat » Thu May 23, 2013 5:06 pm UTC

I'm convinced!

fatness

Postby fatness » Thu May 23, 2013 5:07 pm UTC

Just travlin' alONG singin' our sONG...side by side

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Thu May 23, 2013 5:10 pm UTC

akacat wrote:

I'm convinced!

That's totally it.
Image- Kieryn

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Thu May 23, 2013 5:12 pm UTC

@ergman - Neat sestina. 8-)
@mscha - thanks for the Molpy report in the tree. I totally missed that!
@mscha - sweet tiny knight. I think tiny things are so cute.

RobIrr wrote:Oh, and I've not yet noticed anybody comment that "Ribbit" tends to tie the frog to a particular species, and thus location...
Leave us wanting more... Smart! Please tell the details when you get back. :)

Vytron wrote:Alright, time for my first...
Spoiler:
Ooh, nice 'shop!

BlitzGirl wrote:...beesnakes mated with molpyflies...

Argh! Would the mountain lion have babies with the cougar? You see where I'm going with this. *folds arms*

FayZee

Postby FayZee » Thu May 23, 2013 5:16 pm UTC

astrocub wrote:
SBN wrote:

You can download Google Earth, which will also be a new great way to waste Time between newpix :wink:

Did someone just delete a post? :o :shock:

The one following astrocub's, telling us that if we didn't have Google Earth downloaded, then we were out of luck?

I don't have Google Earth :oops:

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Thu May 23, 2013 5:18 pm UTC

Ebonite wrote:Group poem! Given the current plot line of the OTC, maybe we should call this "Jabber-walky"?

'Twas midday, and the molpymurs
    Did dig and tunnel in the ground
    All flighty were the raptorbirds,
    And the beesnakes did abound.
Next verse?

OK, I'll give it a go:

The baobab trees, tall and bent;
Towering wooden, leaf-topped spires
(with odd markings!) -- they'd came and went,
in a buzz of bug-bee flyers

Who's next?
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Thu May 23, 2013 5:27 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:
Ebonite wrote:Group poem! Given the current plot line of the OTC, maybe we should call this "Jabber-walky"?

Next verse?

OK, I'll give it a go:

Who's next?

Oh yeah, I did much forget
That my duties here include
To postulate on Time well spent
Via poetic-metered mood

P.S. Feel free to ignore mine. Next!
Last edited by azule on Thu May 23, 2013 5:30 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Thu May 23, 2013 5:30 pm UTC

akacat wrote:

I'm convinced!

You know, I can't believe we didn't notice before:
Spoiler:

Enhance:
Spoiler:
Image- Kieryn

mathrec

Postby mathrec » Thu May 23, 2013 5:32 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:

Next verse?

OK, I'll give it a go:

Who's next?

StratPlayer, I like the poetry, but it doesn't seem to reflect the original. Of course, I'm not sure how I'd adapt the quest in the OTC to the quest in Jaberwocky...
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
The end is always near.
Lord Randall wrote:Wait for it.

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Thu May 23, 2013 5:34 pm UTC

Kieryn, that's kinda creepy. :(

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Thu May 23, 2013 5:35 pm UTC

mathrec wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:

Next verse?

OK, I'll give it a go:

Who's next?

StratPlayer, I like the poetry, but it doesn't seem to reflect the original. Of course, I'm not sure how I'd adapt the quest in the OTC to the quest in Jaberwocky...

Oh, sorry. I didn't realize that we were going for a poetry-parody. If it would balance it out better, my verse can certainly be removed in order to better achieve poetry-parody-parity.

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Thu May 23, 2013 5:40 pm UTC

azule wrote:Kieryn, that's kinda creepy. :(

Which? The Google street view guy, or my earlier post indicating that I know what cities y'all are hitting my site from? :mrgreen:
Image- Kieryn

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Thu May 23, 2013 5:41 pm UTC

Spoiler:
StratPlayer wrote:
mathrec wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:

Next verse?

OK, I'll give it a go:

Who's next?

Oh, sorry. I didn't realize that we were going for a poetry-parody. If it would balance it out better, my verse can certainly be removed in order to better achieve poetry-parody-parity.

As long as it includes a snickers snack, and a vorpal trebuchet, we are good.
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”