Syria Civil War Spreads

Seen something interesting in the news or on the intertubes? Discuss it here.

Moderators: Zamfir, Hawknc, Moderators General, Prelates

sardia

Syria Civil War Spreads

Postby sardia » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:18 pm UTC

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/18/world ... ?ref=world
In addition to Turkey trading artillery fire with Syria, evidence has found that Hezbollah is directly helping the Syrian Army, which confirms the rumors, and contradicts Hezbollah's official stance.
The reason this is so dangerous is it could bring Lebanon into the war, in addition to whatever happens with Turkey. If the rebels win, they won't be happy about how Hezbollah treated them, and they could start battles in Lebanon. This could threaten a regional religious version of World War I, vague alliances based on religious affiliation instead of mutual defense. Lastly, don't forget the US-Russian role of selling and arming the various countries in the region to promote their own interests. Don't you just love it when a plan comes together?
Edit. Fixed title
Last edited by sardia on Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:10 pm UTC, edited 3 times in total.

BattleMoose

Re: Syria Civil War Threatens to Spead

Postby BattleMoose » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:00 am UTC

I think you are seriously stretching. I also don't think there is any reasonable chance of Lebanon (or anyone else for that matter) becoming officially involved in the conflict.

Dauric
Location: In midair, traversing laterally over a container of sharks. No water, just sharks, with lasers.

Postby Dauric » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:15 am UTC

Syria's civil war has become a proxy war for other powers in the region. The government is being backed by Iran, where the rebellion is backed by Saudi Arabia.

Frontline: The Battle for Syria
A two part episode. The first part is a "view from the trenches" documentary of the conflict, largely from the rebel side (especially as the regime is... to put it politely 'camera shy' about their operations), the "The Regime Responds" episode has more background information and analysis of the conflict.
We're in the traffic-chopper over the XKCD boards where there's been a thread-derailment. A Liquified Godwin spill has evacuated threads in a fourty-post radius of the accident, Lolcats and TVTropes have broken free of their containers. It is believed that the Point has perished.

sardia

Re: Syria Civil War Threatens to Spread

Postby sardia » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:49 pm UTC

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/22/world ... ?ref=world
I wonder if this will lead to anything, probably not.

sardia

Postby sardia » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:49 am UTC

BattleMoose wrote:I think you are seriously stretching. I also don't think there is any reasonable chance of Lebanon (or anyone else for that matter) becoming officially involved in the conflict.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/28/world ... &ref=world
I think you're cheating by saying "officially declare". Nobody has officially declared war in decades. Btw, Iraqis are being sent into Syria because they see it as a battle between Shia and Sunni sects. Go go religious wars! Those definitely end well, don't they?

Larry

Postby Larry » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:15 pm UTC

Dauric wrote:...(especially as the regime is... to put it politely 'camera shy' about their operations)...

I remember a segment on 4 Corners a few months ago where the soldiers were quite openly filming each other as they tortured and executed people in the street.

As for the regime itself, I'm not too sure.

Dauric
Location: In midair, traversing laterally over a container of sharks. No water, just sharks, with lasers.

Postby Dauric » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:18 am UTC

Larry wrote:
Dauric wrote:...(especially as the regime is... to put it politely 'camera shy' about their operations)...

I remember a segment on 4 Corners a few months ago where the soldiers were quite openly filming each other as they tortured and executed people in the street.

As for the regime itself, I'm not too sure.

The soldiers may be doing stupid videos among themselves but they're not about to let a non-soldier, much less a professional journalist from another country, come in to film the same thing.
We're in the traffic-chopper over the XKCD boards where there's been a thread-derailment. A Liquified Godwin spill has evacuated threads in a fourty-post radius of the accident, Lolcats and TVTropes have broken free of their containers. It is believed that the Point has perished.

yedidyak

Postby yedidyak » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:54 pm UTC

Syria is now sending tanks into the demilitarized zone on the Golan Heights to fight the rebels. Shells aimed at villages in the Syrian Golan have previously landed in Israel, and today started fires in Israel.

yedidyak

Postby yedidyak » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:08 pm UTC

Israel just fired artillery shells at a Syrian army position from which a mortar had hit an IDF base earlier. That was the fourth time in 10 days Syrian mortars had hit Israel.

sardia

Postby sardia » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:38 pm UTC

The Israeli's have been really quiet about this, not like how they treat mortar attacks at all.

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:57 pm UTC

I find it funny that Israel firing on Syria makes the news but Syria firing on Israel does not.

sardia

Postby sardia » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:03 pm UTC

One, that's not true; they reported Syria firing on Turkey. Unless you are implying an anti-jewish bias. This is important since Israel is a very infamous member of the Mid East. If Israel decided to invade or launch air strikes to secure it's border, the consequences could ignite a regional war. If Turkey decided to hit back, which they did, they're just defending themselves from Syrian aggression and desperation. Nobody likes Israel, so whatever they do will have a extreme response.

yedidyak

Postby yedidyak » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:49 am UTC

sardia wrote:One, that's not true; they reported Syria firing on Turkey. Unless you are implying an anti-jewish bias. This is important since Israel is a very infamous member of the Mid East. If Israel decided to invade or launch air strikes to secure it's border, the consequences could ignite a regional war. If Turkey decided to hit back, which they did, they're just defending themselves from Syrian aggression and desperation. Nobody likes Israel, so whatever they do will have a extreme response.

Seriously?

An IDF jeep was hit by small-arms fire, no response. Mortars hit an Israeli village, no response. Mortars start a bush-fire in Israel, no response. Mortars hit an IDF base, and Israel responds by firing a 'Tamuz' missile - one of the most accurate missiles in the world - aimed to MISS the Syrian army post that fired the mortar.

And you call Israel an 'infamous' member of the ME, and say that this is not how they treat mortars at all.

(Meanwhile, 120+ rockets hit the south in the last 36 hours)

EDIT - Today another mortar fell inside Israeli territory from Syria. The IDF responded similarly to yesterday.

Tyndmyr

Postby Tyndmyr » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:41 pm UTC

That seems like an extremely reasonable response, yes. Fire a warning shot, all that. Honestly, I think they'd be justified in full-on pasting the base that fired on them, but a measured response to try to discourage a larger conflict isn't a bad thing to try.

Also, I can't imagine how a war with Israel would improve the Syrian situation, so I don't get why popping shots off at Israel is something any Syrian faction would be doing...seems like terrible strategy.

yedidyak

Postby yedidyak » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:53 pm UTC

Looks like this time Israeli return fire damaged two artillery guns on the Syrian side.

It's possible that the shells were aimed at Syrian rebels but badly missed. It's also true that Assad has been trying to paint the rebels as Zionist Imperialist agents. Getting Israel to fire on Syria is a way of 'proving' that the Zionists are for the rebels. Also, a possible last-ditch defense would be to hope Syrians unite against the common enemy. On the other side, the rebels say Israel wants Assad to stay... And there are Jihadi elements involved too, who hate Israel for being infidels, and Jews at that.

sardia

Postby sardia » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:44 pm UTC

yedidyak wrote:Looks like this time Israeli return fire damaged two artillery guns on the Syrian side.

It's possible that the shells were aimed at Syrian rebels but badly missed. It's also true that Assad has been trying to paint the rebels as Zionist Imperialist agents. Getting Israel to fire on Syria is a way of 'proving' that the Zionists are for the rebels. Also, a possible last-ditch defense would be to hope Syrians unite against the common enemy. On the other side, the rebels say Israel wants Assad to stay... And there are Jihadi elements involved too, who hate Israel for being infidels, and Jews at that.

You obviously recognize that Israel's involvement in any way has outsized political implications. Remember when Saddam shot missiles at Israel to provoke them in the Gulf War and the US had to get Israel to stay out lest it threaten the coalition that was built? Nobody in the middle east likes Israel, don't get ruffled when I merely stated that.

sardia

Postby sardia » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:02 pm UTC

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/31/world ... ?ref=world
US official confirms that Israel struck a convoy with fighter jets. Most likely due to Hezbollah. The article states Hezbollah likes to keep their advanced weapons in Syria, but they are trying to send them into Lebanon in case Syria falls.

The implications of this are worrying. It doesn't help the rebels, it just aggravates the situation. This is on top of the dual accusations of mass murder.

yedidyak

Postby yedidyak » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:11 pm UTC

sardia wrote:http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/31/world/middleeast/syria-says-it-was-hit-by-strikes-from-israeli-planes.html?ref=world
US official confirms that Israel struck a convoy with fighter jets. Most likely due to Hezbollah. The article states Hezbollah likes to keep their advanced weapons in Syria, but they are trying to send them into Lebanon in case Syria falls.

The implications of this are worrying. It doesn't help the rebels, it just aggravates the situation. This is on top of the dual accusations of mass murder.

It's unclear what Israel attacked. It was either a convoy of SA-17 anti-air missiles, or a chemical weapons facility near Damascus. Advanced anti-air or chemical weapons moving to Hezbollah were Israel's two red lines.

sardia

Postby sardia » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:15 pm UTC

If Syria decided to ship over WMDs to another country, that's a pretty big step. Advanced AA weapons, that makes sense, especially for Hezbollah, much more useful then chemical weapons.

yedidyak

Postby yedidyak » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:30 pm UTC

sardia wrote:If Syria decided to ship over WMDs to another country, that's a pretty big step. Advanced AA weapons, that makes sense, especially for Hezbollah, much more useful then chemical weapons.

Possibly. Another possibility is that the rebels were about to take over this chemical weapons base. If that were the case, it would be better to destroy it before some group got hold of them from where they could have got anywhere. Hezbollah have also been a large part of Assad's defenses. It's very possible that they could take weapons from a base they were helping defend.

EMTP

Postby EMTP » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:49 pm UTC

CorruptUser wrote:I find it funny that Israel firing on Syria makes the news but Syria firing on Israel does not.

The Golan Heights isn't Israel.

It's unclear what Israel attacked. It was either a convoy of SA-17 anti-air missiles, or a chemical weapons facility near Damascus. Advanced anti-air or chemical weapons moving to Hezbollah were Israel's two red lines.

Red lines have nothing to do with it. Israelis are bullies. They kill people who can't protect themselves, whether its pregnant women at checkpoints or shopkeepers in Hebron or a country too divided by civil war to retaliate effectively.

It's the same reason they haven't attacked Iran, despite repeatedly promising to, for years. Despite their expensive arsenal, the IDF is really only in its element when its targets can't fight back.
"Reasonable – that is, human – men will always be capable of compromise, but men who have dehumanized themselves by becoming the blind worshipers of an idea or an ideal are fanatics whose devotion to abstractions makes them the enemies of life."
-- Alan Watts, "The Way of Zen"

yedidyak

Postby yedidyak » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:02 pm UTC

EMTP wrote:
CorruptUser wrote:I find it funny that Israel firing on Syria makes the news but Syria firing on Israel does not.

Red lines have nothing to do with it. Israelis are bullies. They kill people who can't protect themselves, whether its pregnant women at checkpoints or shopkeepers in Hebron or a country too divided by civil war to retaliate effectively.

It's the same reason they haven't attacked Iran, despite repeatedly promising to, for years. Despite their expensive arsenal, the IDF is really only in its element when its targets can't fight back.

Yes. The easiest people to kill were in that chemical weapons base. Not the ones for example in Israeli hospitals. But this isn't I&P. Go rant ur trash there if you really have to.

sardia

Postby sardia » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:19 pm UTC

No real news after the strike, though Hezbollah, Russia, and Iran are put forth lines of support to Syria.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/01/world ... &ref=world
Also, the attack was on an AA system, not chemical weapons. Don't try to make it sound more dire than it is. Advanced AA systems threaten the easy recon flights that Israel has, at the least, nothing wrong with destroying them. You don't like them, you can destroy them, so you did. That Syria doesn't want another battle line on it's plate is just frosting on the cake.

Diadem

Postby Diadem » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:52 pm UTC

EMTP wrote:Red lines have nothing to do with it. Israelis are bullies. They kill people who can't protect themselves, whether its pregnant women at checkpoints or shopkeepers in Hebron or a country too divided by civil war to retaliate effectively.

I think you read too many fantasy novels if you think "giving your enemies a fair chance" is part of war.

Hezbollah is internationally recognized as a terrorist organization. Why wouldn't Israel be allowed to strike at them?

The morally dubious part about strikes against such organizations is the collateral damage. How many, if any, innocent victims are you allowed to make in a war against terrorism? And Israel can certainly be accused of being uncaring about how many innocents they hurt. But from what I can gather so far, the number of innocents hit in this particular strike is actually 0. So that's not an argument against this particular action.
It's one of those irregular verbs, isn't it? I have an independent mind, you are an eccentric, he is round the twist
- Bernard Woolley in Yes, Prime Minister

yedidyak

Postby yedidyak » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:59 pm UTC

sardia wrote:Also, the attack was on an AA system, not chemical weapons. Don't try to make it sound more dire than it is.

Depends who you listen to. US sources and some Syrian rebels have been telling the media that it was an AA system heading for Lebanon. Syria have said it was a military research facility - that is known as a chemical weapons base. Apparently there are eyewitnesses maybe backing up the latter claim. Though the rebels claim that was their mortars. As with anything coming out of Syria in the last two years, it's unclear what exactly happened.

sardia

Postby sardia » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:41 pm UTC

Putting that aside for now, there are signs that Syria won't take this lying down. Apparently, acknowledging that you were hit by Israel is a major deal.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/01/world ... world&_r=0
Somehow, this means the risk of reprisals and countereprisals went up.

Vahir

Postby Vahir » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:27 pm UTC

Guys, let's not degenerate this into an "Israel is evil" "Israel is awesome" argument. Many a thread has died in that pit before.

Honestly, I'd be surprised if the strike causes severe repercussions. Syria is in no condition to confront Israel right now.

Tyndmyr

Postby Tyndmyr » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:12 pm UTC

EMTP wrote:

Pretty much all air forces are a lot more effective when nobody's fighting back. That's what air superiority means, and it's what basically any air force wants.

Shooting up Hezbollah is legit. Israel or any other country is usually on pretty safe turf when striking at an internationally recognized terrorist org. Not many nations are willing to own up to supporting terrorists. Now sure, in an ideal situation, you have the home country take care of the problem for you, and this works well in civilized countries...but Syria isn't really in that sort of place right now, and odds are, it was time sensitive.

So, if the odds are "flatten the terrorists" or "let the terrorists get away", the former is gonna be the easy pick for most countries.

sardia

Postby sardia » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:18 pm UTC

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/04/world ... ?ref=world
The plot thickens...
In other words, yediyak may be right, or not. The stories vary between it was a hit on the AA weapons, it's a message sent to Iran/Hezbollah, it hit the research center by "accident", or the AA weapons weren't really meant for Hezbollah. We shall see if it ever clears up.

addams

Postby addams » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:18 pm UTC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21911152

I walked into a room, yesterday.
A television was playing.
It was pretty colors.
The President Of The United States was on the television.

There was a blue and white flag behind him.
That is nice.

What was going on?
Some other guy said, "The Refugee Camp in Jordan is one of the Largest Cities in The Middle East."

Four Hundred Thousand Persons. !?Who Counted Them?!
Spoiler:
I usually get my news from this funny website.
400,000 persons!
That is a huge number of human beings!

The President of The United States said some number.
He said he would send some number of US dollars.

That is good. All The World needs or wants from the United States is money.
The world has good, kind, competent professionals.
And; If the US keeps its promise there will be money to pay them?

Spoiler:
There are Refugees in the US.
Not Refugees created by bombs.
Not Refugees with Rights.

The old fashioned kind of Refugees.

Stupid Personal Story.
Spoiler:
My people are so mean.
Everybody's people are mean?

Kindness in not a first responds of all persons.
The Middle Class?
The Working Class?

Class. How classy is that?
I stood in front of a woman drinking a cup of coffee I needed.
(Yeah! So, shoot me! I use drugs! Big Deal.)

I asked the woman, "What if I did not Have this money?"
Jesus Christ! She let me Have It.
"Nag! Nag! Nag!" A great many 'You' Statements.
I stood there with money in my hand and she talked to me that way.

How awful to not have money in ones hand.

I pick up hitch hikers.
One haunts me.

It was late at night. I had received an e-mail. I had to drive six to eight hours and be at a meeting at 8:00 am.
I was frightened to go. I was frightened not to go.

That is my excuse for what I did.
I picked up a hitch hiker out in the middle of Nowhere.

He had been robbed by other poor people.
He was weak. He was frightened.
I took him to the next large town.

I looked for a Homeless Shelter.
It was cold.
He had only rags for clothing.
He had a small bundle of rags in his hands.

I should have taken him to the Hospital.
I didn't. I let him get out of my car and walk away.

There are many like him.
Darned.
The Refugees in the US are not so picturesque as the Refugees with lovely dark skin and beautiful flowing robes.

I made it to the meeting.
I was able to hold on to the property in Springfield Oregon, a little longer.
The Local Big Shots wanted my property. They got it, too.
(Damn it! That property was almost paid off! It was such a wonderful business space.)

I Told You! It's personal.

Some more about Refugees.
One million? Good God! That is a lot of people.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/2 ... _ref=world

What is needed and what Europe has in Urban Public Health Professionals.
They will create a City. Some how it will get done. I hope.
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

sardia

Postby sardia » Sat May 04, 2013 4:20 pm UTC

BattleMoose wrote:I think you are seriously stretching. I also don't think there is any reasonable chance of Lebanon (or anyone else for that matter) becoming officially involved in the conflict.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/01/world ... s-aid.html
Battlemoose, what now prediction boy? Yea, I was right, we're all gonna be embroiled in a vast regional war...wait a second, this sucks. Man, why weren't you right Battlemoose. =(

KnightExemplar

Postby KnightExemplar » Sun May 05, 2013 4:33 am UTC

First Strike +1/+1 and Indestructible.

jestingrabbit
Factoids are just Datas that haven't grown up yet

Postby jestingrabbit » Sun May 05, 2013 6:13 am UTC

sardia wrote:

Battlemoose, what now prediction boy? Yea, I was right, we're all gonna be embroiled in a vast regional war...wait a second, this sucks. Man, why weren't you right Battlemoose. =(

Hezbollah being involved is one thing, lebanon, ie the lebanese army, being involved ie entering violating syria's borders, are two very different things. And really, even if there are airstrikes, this isn't moving past syria's borders.
ameretrifle wrote:Magic space feudalism is therefore a viable idea.

addams

Postby addams » Sun May 05, 2013 11:12 am UTC

[spoiler]jestingrabbit[/spoiler] wrote:
sardia wrote:

Hezbollah being involved is one thing, lebanon, ie the lebanese army, being involved ie entering violating syria's borders, are two very different things. And really, even if there are airstrikes, this isn't moving past syria's borders.

What? Disorderly behavior inside a War Zone? Unheard of?
What? Internet people offended because an e-mail was not sent about who would engage on The Ground?
Spoiler:
I swear; If I had any Authority at all, I would make it Illegal to Chat happily about War from a distance.
If you talk about it Then You Have To Go There!
There is a difference between lazy chatter and normal Speech.
It's like Porn. We know it when we encounter it.
It's like Porn. An innocent day can become Ugly because The Observer has a Dirty Mind.

It is a pretty good Idea. It is my idea. You can have it.
Send The US Congress.
A Bunch of Mean Old Men. Send them!
They are replaceable. We have an endless supply of Mean Old White Men.

The Mean Old White Men could Unify The Region.
They are so Hate worthy. Drop them in one or two at a time.
It will not solve the Problems in Syria. It would not solve our problems, either.
Did I tell you? We have an endless supply of Mean Old White Men.

Not one of Them is worth any more than any other piece of Meat.
They don't know that. Tell 'em. After they are on The Ground.

If you tell them first it makes them difficult to transport.

Fireworks are compelling.
Those were some Great Blasts.

It is considerate of them to do that at night.
It makes a better show.

The People are in The Camp and Now The Big Boys are Playing?
When it is all over and done; Then What?
Do you know What the Fighting is For?

Do you have any idea how stupid it looks to me?
Not Them; Us.
Typing about who is who At A Distance.
Spoiler:
War is a Fucked up way to get your Jollies.
Even at a Distance.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

sardia

Postby sardia » Mon May 06, 2013 4:35 am UTC

I disagree with your semantics about borders. If Lebanese men are being kidnapped, and then the clansmen of the kidnapped men attack alawites in retaliation, that doesn't mean anything? This is all occurring inside Lebanon and it's all due to the Syrian civil war.

Also, some very serious allegations just came out, Rebels got their hands on sarin nerve gas, and used it.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/06/world ... ?ref=world

addams

Postby addams » Mon May 13, 2013 2:14 am UTC

http://www.npr.org/2013/05/02/180595881 ... oad-jordan

It is not news about Syria.
Syria has spread.

Water? Again?
They are having trouble with not enough water.
All humans need water. Fresh, clean water.

Spoiler:
We are melting the ice as fast as we can.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

sardia

Postby sardia » Sat May 25, 2013 5:18 pm UTC

jestingrabbit wrote:
sardia wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/26/world ... ls.html?hp
Are you saying that involvement by Hezbollah, at any level, won't be a catalyst for a wider conflict? I hope you're right. Right now this is a proxy logistical conflict between the regional powers. Both sides are using low quality pawns and are trying to win by whoever can provide the best logistics.

Vahir

Postby Vahir » Sat May 25, 2013 8:30 pm UTC

I find it ironic that, while Russia and China were urging to let the Syrians do their own thing without foreign intervention to stop the west from helping the rebels, the first direct foreign intervention was in support of the regime. I wonder if they'll change their rhetoric now.

addams

Postby addams » Sun May 26, 2013 11:57 pm UTC

Vahir wrote:I find it ironic that, while Russia and China were urging to let the Syrians do their own thing without foreign intervention to stop the west from helping the rebels, the first direct foreign intervention was in support of the regime. I wonder if they'll change their rhetoric now.

Do you have a link?
Where is it said that Russia and China are of One Mind on Anything?

Syria? I don't read Chinese. I don't read Russian. I most certainly do not read Arabic.

Where did you read or hear that China and Russia are of One Mind?

Edit: I know I do not understand The Issues.
Noting that Mr. Nasrallah, who had long equivocated about the depth of the group’s involvement, promised victory, Mr. Rizk said, “Victory means you’re in it to the very end and you’re going to go all the way. Hezbollah is going to go all the way.”

I took the above sentences from the article. in the above Post.
What is Victory to these guys?
Do they, just, like a struggle?

All the Way? All the Way to where?
Peace is a possibility.

Who wants all the War?
This is a stupid question that keeps getting asked.
It still might be a good question.

To fight for Peace requires that most are armed with arms for Hugging.
Real Peace can be fought for with Feather Boas and Bubbles.

Well; After the plumbing is done.
After The People are fed.
After the clothing is clean and the babies are vaccinated and Well?

Some of the Feather Boas and Bubbles will need to be used before The End.
From My Reading there will be a constant parade of people needing vaccinations and directions to the nearest Loo as long as we have People on The Planet.

We will need teachers and comforters.
Yes. As long as we have People we will have Young Men full of Passion.

Young men full of Passion are a fricking Hazard!
When those young men are undirected they are a Hazard.

When directed to harm others Young Men are Truly Dangerous.
Most militaries have a base of Young Men.

Peace is not possible? Why? It is so much more fun.
Don't worry. It is not boring.
See? Feather Boas, Bubbles and Vaccinations.

Loos? Yes. All the Glory of Loo patrol.
I DO understand the passions.

Do Not Leave The Bathroom a Mess!
I swear! If it were up to me, a test would be given for the Loo!

Everyone would have patches like the Boy Scouts.
Yes. You have a Masters Patch for the Loo you may go in.

Take these guys and Take a Photo of them with your clunky glasses if they miss use the Loo!
See? Wars have started over such stupid stuff.

What is this one over? Millionaires using human beings to show each other Who is The Most Important Guy?
Ech.

Truly. What do those people think will be gained by Hate?
The Americans hate. Any group of people has some members that seem to have a talent for Hate.

You and Me, we know. Because we are educated.
The kind of Hate that is communicable is has two required components.

Fear and Anger. Anger and Fear Equal Hate.
Who do those Young Men Fear?
Or; Is it a what? What do those Young Men Fear?

Anger? Who are those Young Men angry enough at to kill?
Anger all by its self can cause people to Kill. But not hate.

Fear is required for Hate. Hate is not required for War.
War is a business for some. The only Job some people have ever known.

I took a class one time. Inside the class I learned there are Moments of Profound Peace inside War Zones.
I learned other stuff, too. I don't like studying war. The details only seem to change.

Those are Real People! If it is a War, then those are Real People. It is not a game.
Each one as important to me as his counterpart in the Trojan Wars.

Have you never known a solder? They are as different from one another as Brothers.
Some are Blonde. Some have Black skin.

Who trained them? What they have between their ears is the most important thing to know about them.
Well; After consciousness. If the person is not awake it is Not possible to know.

If You Think you know what a man thinks because you can see his Uniform, then You are Wrong!

I was educated and trained to take War personally.
I like it that way. How do you like it?
Last edited by addams on Mon May 27, 2013 12:42 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Vahir

Postby Vahir » Mon May 27, 2013 12:17 am UTC

According to Wikipedia:

China
The future of Syria should be independently decided by the Syrian people themselves free from external interference. We hope the international community continues to play a constructive role in this regard.

Russia
A number of Russian and other intellectuals affirmed that Russia would not tolerate any interference in Syria.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internatio ... overnments

Return to “News & Articles”