1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Eternal Density

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Eternal Density » Wed May 29, 2013 12:11 am UTC

On the topic of prime-numbered panels:
BlitzGirl wrote:
kenmelken wrote:*La Petite doesn't survive.

Nooooo!

(I did like that "The River is Small. The Sea is Big." frame made it!)
The survival of the "The River is Small. The Sea is Big." frame makes me very happy!

On the topic of Australia being warm, I'd like to point out that Australia has a wide range of latitudes, altitudes, and distances from the coast, so as hot as it can get in many places, is still gets plenty cold in plenty of places too. And we're just heading into winter too... But I don't know anything about surfing how how uggs relate to it.
pelrigg wrote:
higgs-boson wrote:

Time Raptor

Spoiler:
TIME LORD RANDALL
presents
IN ASSOCIATION WITH THE ONE TRUE THREAD
A HAL9000 PRODUCTION SARAH MICHELLE GELLAR - ZOË SALDANA "TIME RAPTOR" SAM NEILL
WITH NATHAN FILLION AND FEATURING SUMMER GLAU AS "THE RIVER1"
MUSIC BY YAPPOBISCUITS PRODUCED BY MSCHA WRITTEN AND DIRECTED BY TIME LORD RANDALL

NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED DURING THE FILMING OF THIS EPISODE. BUT THE MOLPYSNAKES GOT HUNGRY TRIED TO EAT THE MOLPYSQUIRREL.
R [RESTRICTED: Under 17 requires accompanying parent oder adult guardian]

Hum. Well.
I wait for it. :mrgreen:

FIFY :wink: :P 8-)

Who knows how to write up a Kickstarter???????????????
I was going to suggest a similar fix but fortunately I read further and saw that you'd taken care of it.
I hope that as I continue my ketchup I'll reach a link to the Kickstarter so I can back it ;)

Dracomax wrote:
partingLance wrote:I like this taxonomy too, though I can't resist a bit of pendantryFN: After species and genus, moving up in the hierarchy, is family, as:
Species
Genus
Family
Order
Class
Phylum
Kingdom (or, to use the mnemonic I came up with in school: Silly GLR; Forgot to Order and Classify; People Know).

FN TIMEWAITERS (wearily): "Try next time, partingLance, won't you?"

Fixed that for you.

I learned it in reverse order, as King Philip Crossed Over Five Gentle Streams.

And now I've finished catching up: weird new plant!

1Small
Last edited by Eternal Density on Wed May 29, 2013 12:13 am UTC, edited 3 times in total.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Wed May 29, 2013 12:11 am UTC

slinches wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:Let's have ONGother go at this...
Spoiler:

ETA: Cactus? Or small palm tree-like plants?

Looks like some sort of palm to me, or a variety of yucca.

Meet the pachypodium, endemic to Madagascar (spoilered for slightly largeish image):
Spoiler:

The traveller's palm is another distinctly Madagascan plant which looks similar to what we have in the OTC, but is a little bigger and has significantly larger leaves.
Not saying it's definitely one of those two, but plants that look like the one M&C just encountered do grow in Madagascar and similar climates. So Randall's being consistent with his choice of biome when selecting plant life.
ETA that I surprised myself how quickly I managed to research that. Brain extensions are handy.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

ucim

Postby ucim » Wed May 29, 2013 12:14 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:[...] my physics class was the first one to use calculators. They were certainly in common usage by then, of course, but our teacher thought the students should learn how to use slide rules. Kind of sorry I missed it, actually. I would have liked to learn how to use a slide rule.
It's actually pretty easy. There are two things you do with it.... operations with one number (what is the tangent of 43 degrees?, what is the cube of 6.34?) For that, you just move the cursor to the "question" number on one scale, and it points to the "answer" number on a different scale. There are separate scales for common "questions".

The other is doing multiplication by doing addition, but doing it in disguise. To see this in action, first, do addition with two rulers. What's 3+7? Put the "0" of one ruler on the "3" of the other ruler. Then, on the first ruler, move over to the "7". The answer ("10") is right below the "7", on the other ruler. That's all a slide rule is, with one twist, for which I'll have to take a little detour.
Explanation of multiplication using logarithms:
Spoiler:
How much is (7+7) + (7+7+7)? Don't do the actual arithmetic, but can you tell that it has to be the same as (7+7+7+7+7) ?
In shorthand, 7x2 + 7x3 = 7x5 You're just adding up five sevens... and you can do it in any order you want, even all at once.+

Now similarly
How much is (7x7) x (7x7x7)? Don't do the actual arithmetic, but can you tell that it has to be the same as (7x7x7x7x7) ?
In shorthand, 72 x 73 = 75
You're just multplying five sevens together, and you can do that in any order you want too.x

See what we just did? We multiplied by adding (the exponents)!

It only works because I picked special numbers in this illustration (integer powers of seven) but it actually works for any real number!

All real numbers can be expressed as seven to some power! (That power doesn't have to be an integer - there are a lot of numbers between seven squared and seven cubed, and they can be expressed as seven raised to some power between two and three. This number is called the logarithm. Any number can be used as the base; we don't have to use seven. You just have to be consistent (because the logarithms are different for different bases). 10 is a common base to use.
So...
If we were to multiply this way by hand, without a slide rule...
step 1 is look up the logarithm of the two numbers you want to multiply
step 2 is to add them up.
step 3 is to raise your base (probably ten) to that power, and you have your answer! You've multiplied by adding!1

The slide rule combines all these steps into one, by labeling the two scales with the original numbers you wanted to multiply, saving yourself step 1 and step 3, and doing step 2 for you like when you did addition using two rulers, above. And that's why the scales on the slide rule look funny (they are "logarithmic").2,3

+ For the nitpicky, addition is binary, but associative and commutative, which essentially lets you accomplish what I just said.
x Same goes for multiplication. It shares these properties with addition.
1 Step 3 is usually "profit!", but this is math. That's why mathematicians never get rich!
2 See, math is the opposite of profit! The only steps left are the ones that are left blank in the classic profit sequence!
3 Oh... you have to supply your own decimal point. Math is like music - the numbers come in octaves (powers of ten) where the notes (digits) are the same, but the actual number (frequency) is different. The slide rule only displays one octave.
4 Of course, "improve" is a matter of opinion.

edit to add decimal point note.
edit to explain edit.
edit to improve explanation4
Last edited by ucim on Wed May 29, 2013 2:30 am UTC, edited 6 times in total.
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

ergman

Postby ergman » Wed May 29, 2013 12:15 am UTC

or a rip in the space-time continuum.
edit: oh. yeah I guess it looks like a pachypodium too.

~ I think I'm basically an anti-madagascarist now, out of stubborn demand for surrealism ~
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Wed May 29, 2013 12:19 am UTC

ergman wrote:
Spoiler:

~ I think I'm basically an anti-madagascarist now, out of stubborn demand for surrealism ~

Well, I'm also not of the opinion that they're in a location you could pinpoint on a globe (at least, not one of the earth), but wherever they are has a Madagascan/south central African biome.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Wed May 29, 2013 12:20 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:
charlie_grumbles wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:<snip> You graduated from high school just a few years before me, as it turns out. And my physics class was the first one to use calculators. They were certainly in common usage by then, of course, but our teacher thought the students should learn how to use slide rules. Kind of sorry I missed it, actually. I would have liked to learn how to use a slide rule.

This my friend is your lucky, lucky day:
http://www.stefanv.com/calculators/aristo970/
See you again in 35 newpix.

Thanks. It doesn't exactly explain how to use it, but it's cool to play with.

Here ya go. http://sliderulemuseum.com/SR_Course.htm

edit: see the follow-up posts before clicking on the slide rule on the sliderulemuseum site:

edit: My avatar doesn't know which way to turn. If it gets too irritating, pm me and I'll shut it down.
Last edited by charlie_grumbles on Wed May 29, 2013 1:05 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Lurking. Watching. Thinking. Writing. Waiting.
-- Charlie Grumbles

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed May 29, 2013 12:24 am UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:Here ya go. http://sliderulemuseum.com/SR_Course.htm

Just a warning: if I try to open the virtual slide rule from that page, Firefox warns me that it's an attack site. So probably better not to try that...
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Wed May 29, 2013 12:30 am UTC

mscha wrote:
charlie_grumbles wrote:Here ya go. http://sliderulemuseum.com/SR_Course.htm

Just a warning: if I try to open the virtual slide rule from that page, Firefox warns me that it's an attack site. So probably better not to try that...

Probably a Java applet. The first site I sent (with the slide rule) isn't, apparently, since I get no such warning there. So use that slide rule with this explanation, perhaps.

Alas, Java used to be safe for this sort of thing. Now you need a damn condom for everything.

edit: No, not java. javascript and dhtml, but links to other sites, so yes, beware.
Last edited by charlie_grumbles on Wed May 29, 2013 12:35 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
-- Charlie Grumbles

AnotherKevin

Postby AnotherKevin » Wed May 29, 2013 12:31 am UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:And I vote for calling the fruit on the vines grapeberries. Or berrygrapes.

How about braperries. It was a braperry vine?

(Blindposting and most likely ninja'd...)

Since the molpies like them, they're obviously molberries. Here we go 'round the molberry bush!
All the rivers run into the sea, yet the sea is not full.
Unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Wed May 29, 2013 12:32 am UTC

Rule110 wrote:
Ace wrote:OTCninja: Ooh, are those Baobabs?

They look most like Grandidier Baobabs, native to Madagascar(!)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a8/Adansonia_grandidieri04.jpg

ETA: Madaninja'd! But posting anyhow for the link.

And
HAL9000 wrote:
slinches wrote:Looks like some sort of palm to me, or a variety of yucca.

Meet the pachypodium, endemic to Madagascar (spoilered for slightly largeish image):
Spoiler:

So if we have baobab and pachypodium, I believe we have another significant piece of information.
We should be looking for things with funny names!
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed May 29, 2013 12:35 am UTC

OMR!! This is exciting. So, mscha, I've been completely unimpressed with the folks at that botany site. They all just looked at it and said, eh, it's a cartoon, not gonna even try to figure it out. Whatever. I've been searching "images trees madagascar." Never thought I would get tired of looking at baobab trees, but I found myself saying, "No, NOT a baobab! Show me something besides a baobab!" (And for some reason, that search brings up lots of images of snakes.) BUT, then I found the tapia trees:
http://www.arkive.org/tapia-tree/uapaca-bojeri/image-G137338.html
Pretty close to our tree, and..."The tapia tree is endemic to Madagascar and produces edible fruit." The fruit is pictured here.

As if that wasn't enough, the other tree image I saw a lot of was (wait for it) (OK, I've been ninja'd on this) palm trees! Like this one: http://www.lambertlandscape.org/Plants/images/Madagascar-Palm.jpg

The squirpy is still a problem, but the mouse lemur is a not completely impossible candidate.

This guy doesn't have anything to do with the OTC (yet), but I just had to include him:
http://i.livescience.com/images/i/000/025/591/i02/leaf-gecko-madagascar.jpg

So, what do all y'all think?

ETA: ~whirly time ripple~
~WHOOSH~
Greetings, Blitzers! I have come here from your future bearing a message for rakhal. Rakhal, an OTTer from the future, Sustainabilizer, has created a hatted avatar for you, if you'd like to use it. To view, just use this time portal. And Randallspeed on your blitz to you and any other blitzers out there! Send reports if you can, we love to read them. Farewell!
~whirly time ripple~
~WHOOSH~
Last edited by lmjb1964 on Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:38 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Wed May 29, 2013 12:38 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:
Spoiler:

OMR!! This is exciting. So, mscha, I've been completely unimpressed with the folks at that botany site. They all just looked at it and said, eh, it's a cartoon, not gonna even try to figure it out. Whatever. I've been searching "images trees madagascar." Never thought I would get tired of looking at baobab trees, but I found myself saying, "No, NOT a baobab! Show me something besides a baobab!" (And for some reason, that search brings up lots of images of snakes.) BUT, then I found the tapia trees:
Pretty close to our tree, and..."The tapia tree is endemic to Madagascar and produces edible fruit." The fruit is pictured here.

As if that wasn't enough, the other tree image I saw a lot of was (wait for it) (OK, I've been ninja'd on this) palm trees! Like this one: http://www.lambertlandscape.org/Plants/images/Madagascar-Palm.jpg

The squirpy is still a problem, but the mouse lemur is a not completely impossible candidate.

This guy doesn't have anything to do with the OTC (yet), but I just had to include him:

The tapia does indeed look like it could be our (mid-sized) tree. Fits better than an acacia does.
EDIT because apparently I'm scrollbar-blind (my response was inside the quote at first).
Last edited by HAL9000 on Wed May 29, 2013 12:44 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Wed May 29, 2013 12:38 am UTC

AnotherKevin wrote:Since the molpies like them, they're obviously molberries. Here we go 'round the molberry bush!

Works for me. Does it get the HAL9000 seal of approval? Good catch.
-- Charlie Grumbles

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Wed May 29, 2013 12:44 am UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:
<snip>

OMR!! This is exciting. <snip>

HAL? I think you were about to say something?
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time

mathrec

Postby mathrec » Wed May 29, 2013 12:50 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:
Spoiler:

{...tapia tree, Madagascar palm, mouse lemur (and leaf gecko)...}

I think: Wow! Great research!

I've had in my mind that the land of Time is a fictional place based on Madagascar with everyday elements from familiar European/Western culture (sandcastles with crenelated parapets, squirrels, etc.). I think that's still where I am. I could forgive the very European sand castles, but the squirrels squirpies look just a little too much like squirrels.
Last edited by mathrec on Wed May 29, 2013 12:52 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
The end is always near.
Lord Randall wrote:Wait for it.

ergman

Postby ergman » Wed May 29, 2013 12:52 am UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
ergman wrote:
Spoiler:

Well, I'm also not of the opinion that they're in a location you could pinpoint on a globe (at least, not one of the earth), but wherever they are has a Madagascan/south central African biome.

I accept that. I also would accept post apocalyptic Madagascar, which seems very possible to me.

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed May 29, 2013 12:52 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:
Spoiler:

I do like the Tapia for our Squirpy tree! It's certainly closer than anything I've found in my trips through Google Image Search...

Edit: indeed, the Biology Stack Exchange hasn't been much help (yet). It doesn't seem to be a very popular Stack Exchange – 0nly 2401 questions, where Stack Overflow has 5,107,779 – so that doesn't help.

lmjb1964 wrote:As if that wasn't enough, the other tree image I saw a lot of was (wait for it) (OK, I've been ninja'd on this) palm trees! Like this one: http://www.lambertlandscape.org/Plants/images/Madagascar-Palm.jpg

It could be, but I'm not entirely convinced. The proportions seem very different. That could be this specific sample, of course, but I haven't seen any other examples that really look like the OTC version.

lmjb1964 wrote:The squirpy is still a problem, but the mouse lemur is a not completely impossible candidate.

Well, I definitely think that we absolutely must get a Gecoptor in the OTC soon. :P
Last edited by mscha on Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

SBN
Saved

Postby SBN » Wed May 29, 2013 12:58 am UTC

mathrec wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:
Spoiler:

{...tapia tree, Madagascar palm, mouse lemur (and leaf gecko)...}

I think: Wow! Great research!

I've had in my mind that the land of Time is a fictional place based on Madagascar with everyday elements from familiar European/Western culture (sandcastles with crenelated parapets, squirrels, etc.). I think that's still where I am. I could forgive the very European sand castles, but the squirrels squirpies look just a little too much like squirrels.

What about Nesomys rufus, aka Red Forest Rat?
http://www.iucnredlist.org/details/14671/0
http://www.flickr.com/photos/david_thyberg/702736228/

Some Ways to Time

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Wed May 29, 2013 1:00 am UTC

Cuegan keep walkONG
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 am UTC

SBN wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:
<snip>

OMR!! This is exciting. <snip>

HAL? I think you were about to say something?

I apparently am blind to scrollbars. I accidentally placed my response in the middle of the post I was quoting, it's been edited properly now.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed May 29, 2013 1:05 am UTC

Yeah, there isn't one palm I've found that I've said, "Eureka!" I like this one for the leaves:

http://www.covefarms.com/bismark_palm_tree/bismark_palm.asp

but the trunk is wrong.

And our squirpy does look an awful lot like a squirrel. If it is some post-apocalyptic scenario, maybe it's in some future where squirrels were introduced to Madagascar and overran it. Or not.

ETA: SBN, that red forest rat is looking awfully promising...
Edit again because in my excitement I misspelled "Squirrel."
Last edited by lmjb1964 on Wed May 29, 2013 1:11 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Wed May 29, 2013 1:10 am UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:
AnotherKevin wrote:Since the molpies like them, they're obviously molberries. Here we go 'round the molberry bush!

Hm. But one does not go round a molberry vine.
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Wed May 29, 2013 1:12 am UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:
charlie_grumbles wrote:

That's true. M&C have only ever been on the opposite side of the fence/trellis as us.

AnotherKevin

Postby AnotherKevin » Wed May 29, 2013 1:15 am UTC

mathrec wrote:I've had in my mind that the land of Time is a fictional place based on Madagascar with everyday elements from familiar European/Western culture (sandcastles with crenelated parapets, squirrels, etc.). I think that's still where I am. I could forgive the very European sand castles, but the squirrels squirpies look just a little too much like squirrels.

Perhaps a future MadagascarMoldagasar, where squirpies are an invasive import, like rabbits in Australia?

Cueball and Megan obviously share a quasi-European culture, with the merlons they so carefully add to their battlements. Perhaps they're descended from colonists who brought squirpies and cultivated molberries (or whatever they're called...)?
All the rivers run into the sea, yet the sea is not full.
Unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again.

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed May 29, 2013 1:16 am UTC

Molpygascar!

Molberries - of course! Of course they're molberries!
And I think the tapia tree looks like a good candidate, lmjb1964.
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ergman

Postby ergman » Wed May 29, 2013 1:18 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:...in my excitement I misspelled "Squirrel."

Don't worry. skirl skwirl squirl squirrilsquarel squirrel is a very difficult to spell word. Something I wrote once had an entire subplot stem from my inability to spell squirrel.

SBN
Saved

Postby SBN » Wed May 29, 2013 1:18 am UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:
charlie_grumbles wrote:

We go down the line of the molberry vine!

Some Ways to Time

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Wed May 29, 2013 1:20 am UTC

Dracomax wrote:Stop Chasing me! I am NOT a molpy! I am not tiny! I'm just farther away!

Sorry, dragging forward from several pages back, but i just wanted to show what this reminded me of.
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed May 29, 2013 1:25 am UTC

Apparently, this is a molberry.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed May 29, 2013 1:26 am UTC

Kieryn wrote:
Dracomax wrote:Stop Chasing me! I am NOT a molpy! I am not tiny! I'm just farther away!

Sorry, dragging forward from several pages back, but i just wanted to show what this reminded me of.

Teehee, before I even clicked the link I had a hunch it would be that :D
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Wed May 29, 2013 1:31 am UTC

Um...I'd like to submit a contribution to the Tarot Deck. I don't think anyone has submitted one for Judgement. Sorry Dracomax, to keep true to the traditional tarot , I couldn't fit in the comfy chair (perhaps you're better suited to Justice?). Anyway, here it is. Don't look too closely at the editing, I had to use an online editor :oops:
Spoiler:
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Wed May 29, 2013 1:34 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:
Kieryn wrote:

I felt it had to be said. I'm sad to see it went so many pages without a mention... I prescribe all three seasons to everyone that doesn't know what we're talking about. You can just about do one episode between each newpix :-)
Image- Kieryn

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Wed May 29, 2013 1:48 am UTC

Kieryn wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:
Kieryn wrote:

I felt it had to be said. I'm sad to see it went so many pages without a mention... I prescribe all three seasons to everyone that doesn't know what we're talking about. You can just about do one episode between each newpix :-)
What about those who want to know what you're talking about without clicking the link?

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Wed May 29, 2013 1:51 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
Kieryn wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:
Kieryn wrote:

What about those who want to know what you're talking about without clicking the link?

It's a Father Ted reference. I could explain, but Wikipedia is always better than me.
Image- Kieryn

CasCat

Postby CasCat » Wed May 29, 2013 1:52 am UTC

Hiya, all! I've just Blitzed through all 7332 pages since the Discovery of the Trees3; I found the Book of Aubron on about newpix 48, but had no idea this forum existed....

I made an account just to say, "HIYA!"

CasCat

2big
3neat

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Wed May 29, 2013 1:55 am UTC

Kieryn wrote:It's a Father Ted reference. I could explain, but Wikipedia is always better than me.
Ah, I occasionally bump into that on TVTropes sojourns :D

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Wed May 29, 2013 2:00 am UTC

TVTrONG!
They've got the bush surrounded!

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Wed May 29, 2013 2:07 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:TVTrONG!

You mean the bush was ambushed?
Image- Kieryn

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed May 29, 2013 2:07 am UTC

Ooh, interesting: Megan is IN FRONT OF the spinybush!

And I Mopey Molpy Mome'd myself.

Edit: AND I reached 600. Oh mustard.

Have a pan-cake:
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Wed May 29, 2013 2:13 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Wed May 29, 2013 2:09 am UTC

Kieryn wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:TVTrONG!

You mean the bush was ambushed?
It's actually a ham bush. So they ambushed the hambush.
BlitzGirl wrote:Ooh, interesting: Megan is IN FRONT OF the spinybush!

And I Mopey Molpy Mome'd myself.
Wow! And hooray!

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”