1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

k.bookbinder

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby k.bookbinder » Fri May 31, 2013 7:11 pm UTC

Caswallon wrote:I am sad to say I have fallen off the face of the earth, but am still following the OTC! (But not really the OTT anymore) Saw the snake this morning, and of course had to come back and see the reactions and speculation :)

Welcome back! Our Molpy Detection Agency (headed largely, but unofficially, by mscha) did a wonderful job of tracking the new molpysnake before it scared the bejesusrandall out of Cueball. Luckily, it appears he is unhurt.

Um...I do apologize but I have lost track of who exactly would constitute our Molpy Detection Agency, as I know several others, have been helping track potential molpies when mscha is not immediately available to do so.
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Fri May 31, 2013 7:13 pm UTC

Corinne: I tried to bite him, but he saw me and screamed as only these humans do...
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

TimeLurker

Postby TimeLurker » Fri May 31, 2013 7:15 pm UTC

TheMinim wrote:
Spoiler:
Boo!

This made me GQTMLOL. I'm very glad that you have joined us here Minim the The.

LOL Giggle Quietly To Myself
Voice of the Silent
Owner of the contents of Cueball's head
Lurking Time-Ninja of the Past-Post

nerdsniped

Postby nerdsniped » Fri May 31, 2013 7:16 pm UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:...Our Molpy Detection Agency (headed largely, but unofficially, by mscha) did a wonderful job of tracking the new molpysnake before it scared the bejesusrandall out of Cueball. Luckily, it appears he is unhurt.

Predictionw: It will turn out that Cueball actually *is* hurt, in some moderate degree. Something sprained or twisted, or at least bruised enough to cause him to limp for a while. And (just to make the prediction more specificww), this will lead to further dialogue regarding how to handle the situation, which will yield a few more clues about the nature of the OTCiverse and its inhabitants.

wprobably wrong

wweven more probably wrong
New to the Time thread? Click here!

"we are dangerously close to answers. Let's hope they lead to more questions..." -- HES

"Expect friskiness." -- keithl

TimeLurker

Postby TimeLurker » Fri May 31, 2013 7:20 pm UTC

nerdsniped wrote:
k.bookbinder wrote:...Our Molpy Detection Agency (headed largely, but unofficially, by mscha) did a wonderful job of tracking the new molpysnake before it scared the bejesusrandall out of Cueball. Luckily, it appears he is unhurt.

Predictionw: It will turn out that Cueball actually *is* hurt, in some moderate degree. Something sprained or twisted, or at least bruised enough to cause him to limp for a while. And (just to make the prediction more specificww), this will lead to further dialogue regarding how to handle the situation, which will yield a few more clues about the nature of the OTCiverse and its inhabitants.

wprobably wrong

Ahhh, like ...
Megan wrote:Maybe we should ask the Other People for help.

Cueball wrote:No! Not them! Never again, please no.
*sob, sob*
Voice of the Silent

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Fri May 31, 2013 7:23 pm UTC

Chaotic Pile of Ketchup (vol 19)

Spoiler:

"Fries anyone? Ketchup crash snarls traffic in Nevada"

...volume 19 in a series of replies to past-posts as I work to ketchup, now actually from 11 NewPages back (I miscounted at the end of my last volume)...

kenmelken wrote:
Spoiler:
lmjb1964 wrote:Ahh, my cover has been blown! Yes, I work for a top-secret branch of the CIA called Raptor And Zombie Observation and Relocation (RAZOR). Our motto is "Keeping the world safe from zombies, should we ever find any, and raptors, even though they aren't usually dangerous to humans." It's a terrible motto. I'm not sure who came up with it. Yes, it's a dangerous job, but someone has to do it.

So, uh, I made this official seal for RAZOR... and now looking at it I realize that it's so awesome I'd like to know how to join! :P
Spoiler:

Very cool! :D And yeah -- I'd join too!

Eternal Density wrote:
Spoiler:
slinches wrote:
Valarya wrote:
slinches wrote:
Sciscitor wrote:
mscha wrote:... (A reverse BlitzGirl.)

No, I'm not gonna ask about this one. No way!

I don't know why, but that prompted me to do a Google images search for "BlitzGirl" ...

About half of what shows up are neat reminders about events in the OTT. The rest are ... shall we say, different?

Edited to fix proper noun capitalization

Sciscitor.. I'm glad my mind wasn't the only one that went there. *ahem*

Okay, after some additional ... um ... "research". I've come to the the conclusion that Google is sexist and will show images of scantily clad (mostly) attractive women when given anything identifiably feminine as a search term.

You can only get out what we put in :P

That's what she said!!! :lol:

Ace wrote:There was a relatively recently produced BBC series featuring Dirk Gently, with a very 'Douglas Adams' sort of 'almost, but not quite, like the <other media> version' feel.i I loved the books, and I loved the TV series as well. If you don't have time for a book, there are only three episodes and a pilot. Sadly, it was not renewed for a second series.

Thanks for the tip! I'll see if I can check it out -- but after I read the books. I always try to be a book-first-er. :wink:

Icalasari wrote:How many freaking frames are in this?

I have a standard response, but I'd be willing to bet that someone's already said it. I'll just stick this here as a place-marker and come back to it if no-one's already added the obvious reply...

Kieryn wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:You can only get out what we put in :P

That's what she ... SorrySorrySorrySorrySorry

:) See what I said about obvious replies?!?!? But why are you sorry? I'm the one who pre-past-post-stole your future-Nija'd-past-post-response in my past-post-future-reply above? So I'm Retro-SorryRetro-SorryRetro-Sorry...

SBN wrote:
ucim wrote:And that was an awesome hatted hill BlitzGirl found there, nicely birded by ZoomanSP! I can't find the original post of the pencil drawing quoted as from AluisioASG though. Did I miss something? (How is that possible in a thread that moves this slowly?)

Jose

It's hidden in the Ketchup time image, in this post:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=101043&p=3369378&hilit=click#p3369378

AluisioASG wrote:
Spoiler:

(click!)

Ohhh!!!! I wondered about that myself! Awesome picture AlusioASG!!! And very clever way of hiding it, too! :)

nerdsniped wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
Earthling on Mars wrote:@various people talking about BlitzGirl's waterottermolpy
Spoiler:
nerdsniped wrote:
richP wrote:
k.bookbinder wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Waterottermolpy?

Because that's fun to say. :D

Yes! :mrgreen: Today I saw a waterottermolpy.

Waterottermolpy? Thaterottermolpy over there!

If the waterottermolpy reproduces, it might have a daughterwaterottermolpy. Though if the river1 retreats further, and the sun is baking down, it might come under stress -- a hotterdaughterwaterottermolpy.

Reminds me of a tweedle beetle puddle paddle battle.<snip>

When a molpy's in the puddle where the tweedle beetles battle with their paddles in some water on a hotter otter's daughter, this is what they call:
a tweedle beetle battle-addled puddle-paddled fuddled rattled hotterdaughterwaterottermolpy!

Yes, exactly! Fox in Socks was going through my head, too. I play rhyme-extension games like this with my kids all the time. (For anyone who likes wordplay, if you haven't read Fox in Socks to your kids yet, [heresy]put down the OTT[/heresy] and go do it *right now*. You've been missing out. If you don't have kids, get some. I realize I'm advocating Outside activity here, but think of it as training for the next rhyme or pun sequence. It's All Related.)

Yes it is!!! I just read "Fox in Socks" to my granddaughter last night before she went to bed! :shock:

...and this volume is more than long enough -- sorry. I let it kind of get away from me... But now I really AM 9 NP's from the present...
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!

(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Fri May 31, 2013 7:23 pm UTC

TimeLurker wrote:
nerdsniped wrote:

wprobably wrong

Ahhh, like ...

*sob, sob*

The sobbing is quite worrisome, what did they do to poor Cueball?
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)
Tools of the OTT and OTC:
Map-Newpix Viewer-OTT Stats-Vytron Comic Sciscitor graphs

TimeLurker

Postby TimeLurker » Fri May 31, 2013 7:27 pm UTC

Opiboble wrote:
TimeLurker wrote:
Spoiler:
nerdsniped wrote:

wprobably wrong

Ahhh, like ...

*sob, sob*

The sobbing is quite worrisome, what did they do to poor Cueball?

Noone knows for sure, but him (and the GLR of course), but neither one has spoken about it since that day.
Voice of the Silent

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Fri May 31, 2013 7:30 pm UTC

slinches wrote:FTFC

Just want to leave this link here, because I think slinches will like it.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/giant-flourescent-pink-slugs-140528983.html
Maybe there's a connection somewhere.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Sciscitor

Postby Sciscitor » Fri May 31, 2013 7:33 pm UTC

I've twerked my Avatars a bit, filled some missing images and fiddled with the written names. I have still work to do with the old avatars, but this will have to wait till sunday. If you want a peak head over to http://xkcd.mscha.org/sciscitor/ or look at the even more huger version.
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Fri May 31, 2013 7:46 pm UTC

SBN wrote:
slinches wrote:FTFC

Just want to leave this link here, because I think slinches will like it.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/giant-flourescent-pink-slugs-140528983.html
Maybe there's a connection somewhere.

Those slugs are awesomeful! I saw that article a few newpix ago, but couldn't think of a way to tie it into the OTC or OTT.

Useless trivia: You'd need to have ~243 of these fuschia-slug-molpys to have a slug of slugs.
Last edited by slinches on Fri May 31, 2013 7:54 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Fri May 31, 2013 7:49 pm UTC

Sciscitor wrote:I've twerked my Avatars a bit, filled some missing images and fiddled with the written names. I have still work to do with the old avatars, but this will have to wait till sunday. If you want a peak head over to http://xkcd.mscha.org/sciscitor/ or look at the even more huger version.

Awesome! Keep up the amazing work!
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Fri May 31, 2013 7:52 pm UTC

Welcome back Caswallon!!!

Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

akacat

Postby akacat » Fri May 31, 2013 7:55 pm UTC

Sciscitor wrote:I've twerked my Avatars a bit, filled some missing images and fiddled with the written names. I have still work to do with the old avatars, but this will have to wait till sunday. If you want a peak head over to http://xkcd.mscha.org/sciscitor/ or look at the even more huger version.

Nice! BTW, I finally! have an icon now, if you'd care to include it.

Selcouth

Postby Selcouth » Fri May 31, 2013 7:58 pm UTC

*peek

I can't find myself :(

Also, what heathen country is this which has baobabs, squirrels, and snakes? I'm beginning to think Randall's pulling a Swiss Family Robinson.

Related: I dreamed about meeting Randall last night. It was really weird. I was in some sort of lecture hall and he got up, I recognized him, and ran out after him to ask for an autograph. Except I got nervous and ended up referencing something he said in a visit to one of the universities about telescoping stairs. (He never said any such thing.) His face also looked nothing like Randall's, he had like a goatee, but dream-me knew it was him. Then we talked for a bit and he said he was tired and to come back Wednesday with a shirt or other swag to autograph if I wanted. Last thing I remember is thinking "Man, I can't wait to tell [best friend] I met Randall Munroe...."

Analysis: Dream-me seriously overestimates my importance in the world, but gets my nervous stuttering, far-too-feminine mannerisms, and relationship with my best friend right. Also dream-me assigned a really weird face to Randall.... dark brown/greying hair, thick eyebrows, a grey beanie and a goatee? I think not.
"But I've never seen the Icarus story as a lesson about the limitations of humans... I see it as a lesson about the limitations of wax as an adhesive."

-Randall Munroe

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Fri May 31, 2013 8:00 pm UTC

Chaotic Pile of Ketchup (vol 20)

Spoiler:

"Fries anyone? Ketchup crash snarls traffic in Nevada"

...volume 20 in a series of replies to past-posts as I work to ketchup from 9 NPs in the past...

Febrion wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:...and the two-steps-forward-one-step-back progress of my ketchup continues: 2 more NP's ketchupped and 1 NP added = 14 NPs to go...

14 pages of posts to go, 14 pages of posts.
Load a page, read it out, 13 pages of posts to go
<snip>

Well, in reality it's more like:
14 pages of posts to go, 14 pages of posts.
Load a page, read it out, 15 pages of posts to go

Yes! This! :lol: This is exactly what it feels like, even though I know I've made progress -- I started Tuesday morning 23 NPs behind, and now I'm only 9. But I suppose it's my own damn fault -- I could just read and not feel compelled to ketchup-comment, but where would the fun be in that? That's like going for a swim and never getting in the pool... :wink:

partingLance wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
TheMinim wrote:The Thread goes on, ever ever on,
Post by post, hat by hat,
Blitz by blitz, rat by rat,
The thread goes on, ever ever on.

Yep. Same as it ever was, same as it ever was...

GodsGLRdamnit, StratPlayer, when I saw your link I thought at first you were simply linking to a YouTube video or similar. I'd forgotten you'd previously produced a brilliant filk of that song (back on NP 483 -- amazing, this thread had fewer than 20,000 posts back then). And I'd already come up with two verses, just during my morning commute. Sigh... Well, there are only a million or two other songs to parody. I'd best get to it...

Thanks! And sorry to FilkNinja you, but don't let it stop you -- there's always room for another version! I'd love to see it!

partingLance wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
Sciscitor wrote:Just a little byproduct of another project I am currently working on. Dumped a list of weighted1 by post count users of the OTT into http://www.wordle.net and this came out (restricted to the most heavy posters). Nothing special but I thought it would be pleasant to look at:
Spoiler:
atu.png

1 well, it needed a bit of mathemagical treating, but I am not telling more, 'cause this could possibly spoil the new project, given the kind of attention directed to minuscule bits of information here.

Wow -- that's another beautiful image, Scisitor! :shock: :D I love how you keep taking raw data and turning it into images that are both informative AND artistically gorgeous! And you're right -- that's the way the OTT works: We hyper-focus on minutia and dissect and analyze and learn more and more about smaller and smaller bits of information, until we eventually know everything about nothing. 8-)

Kind of an online, free-form, anarchic graduate program, you mean?

Definitely works for me.

Well, not quite. At least with a graduate program, you eventually get to leave for the real world... Here, we just continue to Wait. :wink:

charlie_grumbles wrote:I've discovered that we on this thread are a Tribe.
Spoiler:
Perhaps it needs a name, though Time Waiters is a pretty good one. This thread is our cave, where we meet to share experiences. Members come and go, but maintain a connection to the Tribe. There is an US and a THEM, though we aren't exclusionary. But definitely an US.

Different members have different roles in the tribe. I'm one of the "elders of the tribe". No, not one of the leaders, my post count is far too low for that. One of the elders. The elders in a tribe are valuable because they are the ones that haven't been eaten by the saber-toothed molpys for the longest amount of time. Most roles in a tribe are earned, but you get to be an elder just by living a long time and seeing a lot of stuff, some of which works and some of which doesn't. So there is no special honor in being an elder, though viejo is used in Spanish as a term of honor as well as endearment (viejo/vieja = old man/old woman)

Some of our leaders are quite young, in fact, but have earned their place. Leaders set the tone and the direction of the advancement of the Tribe. Even young HAL9000 (may his presentation have gone well) has taken a leadership role at times. But the elders are old. Stands to reason.

People are free to leave, but few do. When not seen for a while, the others ask about/worry about them. Often they return and we rejoice.

Members of other tribes don't always understand. My wife is a bit mystified by all this.

We are not an army, but a Tribe. We share a culture. We extend that culture. The old ones (like myself) often offer advice to the young, as is good and proper. The leaders, like buffygirl, keep us unified (i.e. hatted). The advice of the old isn't always taken, as is also proper, as the young need, ultimately, to find their own way.

It is even possible that if Time ended that the Tribe would find a way to live on. It is even possible that GLR guides the Tribe by listening to what is here and providing direction via the OTC.

Since elders don't, typically, hunt anymore (leaving the pursuit of molpys to others) we are free to philosophize. Some of what we know is garbage. So, some of what we say is garbage. We (the elders) hope you understand. Sometimes we try to be funny/endearing so you don't throw us out. Sometimes we try to give serious important advice. Sometimes it is. Sometimes it is garbage. We hope you understand and continue to offer cake.

Chocolate.

Chocolate Cake.

Hmmm. Yes. That is the essence.

Great post, charlie_grumbles! I like your analysis and I agree with it. And I fervently hope our thrown-together tribe never becomes like the one in Lord of the Flies. But then, they didn't have the soothing power and the strong bonding agent of chocolate cake, either! :D

jetpac wrote:(Blindpost from NP 732/747)

PhoenixRising wrote:As far as I can tell, the reason fewer of us are making big posts is that a lot of us aren't necessarily able to catch back up when the thread jumps a dozen, 20, 40 pages ahead during RL business. Also, some of the people still catching up either stopped posting signposts after various discussions or just caught back up. And since most of the big summary posts were from catching up (like this post) fewer people catching up = fewer summaries. Actually, now that I think of it, I might be the only one still perpetually chasing 10-15 NP behind the Present. Most of the Blitzers I'm aware of have reached the Present and the rest are, as far as I know, deep in the Past.

I think I'm in that same boat with you, perpetually ketchingup, but I don't do signposts, so there's no reason anyone would know that :)

I'm perceptually ketching up AND making big ketchup signposts. But I'm normally an anomaly, so my unusualness is pretty usual...

...and that's long enough for volume 20. I'm 8 pages behind, but will probably drift further back before I can return to more ketchup...
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!

(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Fri May 31, 2013 8:02 pm UTC

There's more than ONG kind (of molpysnake)
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

Qalyar

Postby Qalyar » Fri May 31, 2013 8:05 pm UTC

Kieryn wrote:There's more than ONG kind (of molpysnake)

I think we all know what this answer is going to be. There's no way that Cueball knows how herpetology works... (and he was a little distracted, with the whole falling off the cliff thing).

Montov

Postby Montov » Fri May 31, 2013 8:06 pm UTC

And more importantly, how kind was it?

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Fri May 31, 2013 8:07 pm UTC

Corinne: The venomous kind, of course... Squirpy, anyone?

TheMinim: Ew.

Corinne: And I am not kind.

TheMinim: Or so you think.
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

Swein

Postby Swein » Fri May 31, 2013 8:16 pm UTC

TheMinim wrote:The snake is my snake and she shall hence be known as Corinne. She will bite your posts and muddle them.

The Mountains7 are mine, mine, MINE!!!
And all trespassers will be given a shot!
A liquorice shot maybe...

My precious...

7Are farther away than they look
The past is full of traps, charms and mirages, but if you just keep up with with what you are doing it will all be fine.

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Fri May 31, 2013 8:27 pm UTC

Selcouth wrote:Analysis: Dream-me seriously overestimates my importance in the world, but gets my nervous stuttering, far-too-feminine mannerisms, and relationship with my best friend right. Also dream-me assigned a really weird face to Randall.... dark brown/greying hair, thick eyebrows, a grey beanie and a goatee? I think not.

Hmmm. That was me kiddo. Was Fluffy on my shoulder?

Oh, and did the beanie have a propeller?
Last edited by charlie_grumbles on Fri May 31, 2013 8:30 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Lurking. Watching. Thinking. Writing. Waiting.
-- Charlie Grumbles

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri May 31, 2013 8:29 pm UTC

I can't believe I missed the molpysnakeB (the second molpysnake) encounter! I hope that Cueball is a snake expert and can accurately identify the snakespecies, but his squeal of fear kind of makes me doubt that.

thirds wrote:Oooh, he's going to get bit right in the faceball.

:lol: I do wonder what would happen if part of Cuegan were to be seriously injured on their Journey. Or have a baby.
Speaking of which, now would be a great Time for them to start making out; would calm their nerves after the shock of the molpysnakeB.

Vytron wrote:Man, I'm slow! I had just realized that the "Vytron was here" tree is the same one featuring azule's heretical branches in xeir panoramas! That's really cool neat 8-)

Thanks! Though it was done in part because foliage would take a lot more Time to draw. :wink:

Vytron wrote:- Blind post -
BlitzGirl wrote:Fry Sauce Blitzer
(to the tune of Jukebox Hero)

Spoiler:
Reading through the thread, monitor aglow
Time keeps a-tickin', his eyes go to and fro
Now his ketchup is long, feels like swimming upstream
Took a look at his browser, then with a blitzed-out scream

He made one new tab, opened to the Now
Saw the Present thread, he made a solemn vow
To keep with his blitzing despite the lure
Of the current newpage, though he knew for sure

That one new tab changed all his plans
He made 'til then, open it stands
Just one new tab, changed the status quo
Was a portal through Time, got a new way to go

So he mixed his ketchup
Put mayo-Now on top
Gotta keep that ketchup
But now he's made a fancy new-Time slop

Now he's a fry sauce blitzer, two windows on Time
He's a fry sauce blitzer
He took one new tab (fry sauce blitzer, windows on Time)
Fry sauce blitzer, he'll lead two lives tonight

In a blitz through the thread, in the OTT lore
Thought he passed his own pastpost, didn't know for sure
In a flash to the past, man it seemed pretty strange
How that one new tab made his whole blitz change

When he mixed his old ketchup
Mayo-Now on top
Gotta keep that ketchup
But make a great new-Timey slop

And be a fry sauce blitzer, two windows on Time
He's a fry sauce blitzer, two windows on Time
Yeah, fry sauce blitzer, two windows on Time
With that one new tab he'll lead two lives
Two lives tonight

(Rock-arina interlude)

Yeah he's gotta mix ketchup
Mayo-Now on top
Gotta keep that ketchup
But make a great new-Timey slop

And be a fry sauce blitzer, two windows on Time
He's a fry sauce blitzer, two windows on Time
Just one new tab (fry sauce blitzer), two windows on Time
He's just a fry sauce blitzer (aah aah aah)
Fry sauce blitzer, fry sauce blitzer, with two windows on Time
Windows on Time

Wow BlitzGirl, that's my favorite song posted in the thread! Image

Yay! *dances along with Vytron* Image
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Fri May 31, 2013 8:38 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:I can't believe I missed the molpysnakeB (the second molpysnake) encounter! I hope that Cueball is a snake expert and can accurately identify the snakespecies, but his squeal of fear kind of makes me doubt that.

If he proclaims that he thinks it was a molpysnake, I think we shall all be squealing with excitement.

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Fri May 31, 2013 8:40 pm UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:I can't believe I missed the molpysnakeB (the second molpysnake) encounter! I hope that Cueball is a snake expert and can accurately identify the snakespecies, but his squeal of fear kind of makes me doubt that.

If he proclaims that he thinks it was a molpysnake, I think we shall all be squealing with excitement.

Now that would be definitive proof that the Great Randall does in fact follow the mad ramblings of the Time Waiters! That will be a good day!

thirds

Postby thirds » Fri May 31, 2013 8:43 pm UTC

Cueball's answer will likely be "Teeth". Seems unlikely, they not knowing how anything works, that reptile identification is part of their skill set.

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri May 31, 2013 8:48 pm UTC

This Webpage wrote:Madagascar is home to more than 80 species of snakes, none of which are overtly dangerous to humans. The island has no adders, cobras, mambas, pythons, or vipers— only boas and colubrids.

Hmm. Perhaps the key word here is "overtly"?
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Fri May 31, 2013 8:49 pm UTC

thirds wrote:Cueball's answer will likely be "Teeth". Seems unlikely, they not knowing how anything works, that reptile identification is part of their skill set.

Predictions have been pretty good lately:
Butte
Actual MolpySnake
If it comes in as "teeth" (or similar) it'll be amazin'.
Lurking. Watching. Thinking. Writing. Waiting.
-- Charlie Grumbles

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Fri May 31, 2013 8:52 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
This Webpage wrote:Madagascar is home to more than 80 species of snakes, none of which are overtly dangerous to humans. The island has no adders, cobras, mambas, pythons, or vipers— only boas and colubrids.

It pushed Cueball off the cliff, how friendly can it be?
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Fri May 31, 2013 8:54 pm UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:
thirds wrote:Cueball's answer will likely be "Teeth". Seems unlikely, they not knowing how anything works, that reptile identification is part of their skill set.

Butte
Actual MolpySnake

Perhaps he shall merely proclaim that it was a lONG snake.

Ebonite

Postby Ebonite » Fri May 31, 2013 8:54 pm UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:

Butte
Actual MolpySnake

Based on history, I predict Cueball's answer will be:
Spoiler:
Yeah.
Sir Ebonite, Lord of the Three Holes
"molpy molpy molpy molpy la la la"

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Fri May 31, 2013 8:55 pm UTC

SBN wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:

It pushed Cueball off the cliff, how friendly can it be?

It wasn't a very big cliff, and I think Cueball just fell out of fright.

Ace

Postby Ace » Fri May 31, 2013 8:56 pm UTC

I found me! Took a moment, because it uses my first avatar, and turns the transparent parts black, but I recognised the white outline. It's bigger than I thought it would be!
Wait for it.

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Fri May 31, 2013 8:59 pm UTC

Ace wrote:

I found me! Took a moment, because it uses my first avatar, and turns the transparent parts black, but I recognised the white outline. It's bigger than I thought it would be!

That's what she said!

Hehehe...sorry. But someone was going to say it. Why not me, this time. :oops: :D

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Fri May 31, 2013 9:00 pm UTC

blONGtchy

Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

ergman

Postby ergman » Fri May 31, 2013 9:02 pm UTC

Kieryn wrote:blONGtchy

Snake!9
9brownish and blotchy and shiny!
Last edited by ergman on Fri May 31, 2013 9:03 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Fri May 31, 2013 9:02 pm UTC

They see color! :shock:

spamjam

Postby spamjam » Fri May 31, 2013 9:03 pm UTC

C'mon you molpetologists, let's see some identification pronto!

nerdsniped

Postby nerdsniped » Fri May 31, 2013 9:03 pm UTC

Spoiler:

At this rate, we're going to run out of standard-footnote symbols pretty soon. (Knowing this thread, soon enough someone will produce a graph and predict the exact newpix index.)
New to the Time thread? Click here!

"we are dangerously close to answers. Let's hope they lead to more questions..." -- HES

"Expect friskiness." -- keithl

ergman

Postby ergman » Fri May 31, 2013 9:04 pm UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:

They see color! :shock:

They saw green a bit ago too, unless its some other meaning of green I'm not aware of. The terrain was probably not new and fresh.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”