1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
Neil_Boekend
Posts: 3220
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:35 am UTC
Location: Yes.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Neil_Boekend » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:53 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:If the molpychirp is actually a smartphone, it must belong to either a squirpy or one of the local sparrow-raptors. Why else would it be in the tree?


1. It could be lost by someone climbing the tree.
2. It could be lost by a delta flyer.
3. It could be thrown away in frustration.
4. It could be a really smart phone that developed itself legs and crawled into the tree to gain a better overview of the environment.

W00T PFaNP!
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 9098
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:00 am UTC

It just keeps go-ONG and go-ONG:

Image
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

User avatar
Neil_Boekend
Posts: 3220
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:35 am UTC
Location: Yes.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Neil_Boekend » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:13 am UTC

[Prediction]The next Newpix the chirlpy will devour Quegan and the OTC will end.[/prediction]
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 9098
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:38 am UTC

Prediction: In the next newpix, it will be revealed that the molpychirp is but the leader of a legion of molpychirps...

Image

...and then they devour Cuegan.

Spoiler:
TheChirps.png

it's like The Birds but scarier
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

User avatar
Neil_Boekend
Posts: 3220
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:35 am UTC
Location: Yes.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Neil_Boekend » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:41 am UTC

Or the amount of chirps will overload the antigrav mechanism that lets words float in the air. This will cause the chirps to fall down, on the heads of Quegan, killing them and ending the OTC.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

User avatar
StormAngel
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:09 am UTC
Location: Verified
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby StormAngel » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:56 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:it will be revealed that the molpychirp is but the leader of a legion of molpychirps...

"Every point of view is useful, even those that are wrong - if we can judge why a wrong view was accepted." - Legion


Thanks to Yappobiscuits for the molpy video; I made some fan art.
Because everything is better with Molpys!
ImageImageImageImage...
Spoiler:
The MolpyMeter: A standard piece of molpy-hunting equipment, used to determine the precise quantity of Molpies caught in a molpy trap&.
Can also count Anti-Molpies (as well as some other items of interest to OTT clan members)
Warning: The presence of beesnake% may cause spurious readings.
Image


&How does one actually catch a molpy after hunting it? Or maybe molpy-hunting is like Jack's fishing, i.e. the end goal is the act of hunting, not the molpies.
% Beesnake or beesnakes - which is the more correct plural form? I've seen both used in the OTT. Are beesnake pluralized like fish and sheep?


Edit: post #40! I'm almost there :D
Last edited by StormAngel on Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:22 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Oelpr Jnhar, Knight of the Chronological Order, Protector of Othamburg
"HELLO. MY NAME IS STORMANGEL. YOU OTCOLORED MY NOPICES. PREPARE TO GO CAVE."
yappobiscuits wrote:"I wanna be redundant too! Lemme be redundant! C'monnn!"

My OTTifications on Imgur
Spoiler:
Ch*rp

Image

User avatar
higgs-boson
Posts: 522
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:00 pm UTC
Location: Europe (UTC + 4 newpix)

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby higgs-boson » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:00 am UTC

Silence! (I kill ong!)
Image
Apostolic Visitator, Holiest of Holy Fun-Havers
You have questions about XKCD: "Time"? There's a whole Wiki dedicated to it!

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 9098
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:07 am UTC

That ONG marks the 31st newpix since Cueball first heard the chirps.

And Cuegan have stood in one place for 13 newpix.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

User avatar
TheMinim
Posts: 940
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:47 pm UTC
Location: In The Present
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby TheMinim » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:14 am UTC

Hello, my pretties. I trust you are having some fun and speculation?


Spoiler:
Boobs
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

User avatar
HES
Posts: 4889
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 7:13 pm UTC
Location: England

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby HES » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:20 am UTC

Blindposting from history to say I'm back! But with a degree this time (well, I haven't graduated yet but still). I hope it doesn't slow me down...

And only 7 newpages to ketchup!

What do you mean it's decimal?
He/Him/His Image

User avatar
TheMinim
Posts: 940
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:47 pm UTC
Location: In The Present
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby TheMinim » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:24 am UTC

HES wrote:Blindposting from history to say I'm back! But with a degree this time (well, I haven't graduated yet but still). I hope it doesn't slow me down...

And only 7 newpages to ketchup!

What do you mean it's decimal?


Yay! Well done! Have some of these:

Spoiler:
Image
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

User avatar
mscha
Posts: 6904
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:21 pm UTC
Location: NL
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby mscha » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:26 am UTC

Welcome back, HES, and congratulations!
Image

(Only 7 newpages? How long have you been gone, half an icositetranewpix??)
Last edited by mscha on Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:30 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Image
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:
Image
Image

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 9098
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:27 am UTC

TheMinim wrote:Hello, my pretties. I trust you are having some fun and speculation?

We're mostly just chirping. Pretty chirping soon this whole chirpy thread will dechirp into nothing chirp chirps chirp chirping...chirp.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

User avatar
Neil_Boekend
Posts: 3220
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:35 am UTC
Location: Yes.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Neil_Boekend » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:27 am UTC

TheMinim wrote:
Spoiler:
Boobs


Hmm, is that silliness?
*Consults handbook of Silly Offences*

Hmm, it doesn't seem to be. I find some interesting uses of "boobs" in silliness though.

*consults boss*
boss wrote: If it isn't in the handbook it doesn't exist. If it doesn't exist it can't be silly.


Oh. Carry on then.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

User avatar
yappobiscuits
Posts: 2845
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:41 am UTC
Location: The Sea
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:28 am UTC

StormAngel wrote:Thanks to Yappobiscuits for the molpy video; I made some fan art.
Because everything is better with Molpys!
ImageImageImageImage...
Spoiler:
The MolpyMeter: A standard piece of molpy-hunting equipment, used to determine the precise quantity of Molpies caught in a molpy trap&.
Can also count Anti-Molpies (as well as some other items of interest to OTT clan members)
Warning: The presence of beesnake% may cause spurious readings.
Image

Eep, I don't think I've ever gotten fan art before! :D And a very useful device it looks too. The molpy hunters among us will be very thankful for it I'm sure.
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT
Image

User avatar
cellocgw
Posts: 2053
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:40 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby cellocgw » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:30 am UTC

Alternate Chirpmolpbirdie theory:

It's a trap! (Well duh). First they chirp, and then when you look up at them, they jump down onto you!
"But I'm looking down" says Cueglet.

Molpyular? Jaguply?
https://app.box.com/witthoftresume
Former OTTer
Vote cellocgw for President 2020. #ScienceintheWhiteHouse http://cellocgw.wordpress.com
"The Planck length is 3.81779e-33 picas." -- keithl
" Earth weighs almost exactly π milliJupiters" -- what-if #146, note 7

User avatar
TheMinim
Posts: 940
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:47 pm UTC
Location: In The Present
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby TheMinim » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:34 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
TheMinim wrote:Hello, my pretties. I trust you are having some fun and speculation?

We're mostly just chirping. Pretty chirping soon this whole chirpy thread will dechirp into nothing chirp chirps chirp chirping...chirp.


Chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp. Chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp.

Chirp: Chirp Chirp.
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

User avatar
tinosoph
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:24 am UTC
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby tinosoph » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:36 am UTC

prediction: in the next fewpix we'll see the molpychirp being attacked by a pterochirpmolpochopchop. or there will be all peace and happiness in the realms of waiting forever.
i'm not new, i'm just infrequent

User avatar
TheMinim
Posts: 940
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:47 pm UTC
Location: In The Present
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby TheMinim » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:38 am UTC

tinosoph wrote:prediction: in the next fewpix we'll see the molpychirp being attacked by a pterochirpmolpochopchop. or there will be all peace and happiness in the realms of waiting forever.


Chirp. Chirp chirp chirp. Chirp chirp!
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

User avatar
tinosoph
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:24 am UTC
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby tinosoph » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:51 am UTC

TheMinim wrote:
tinosoph wrote:prediction: in the next fewpix we'll see the molpychirp being attacked by a pterochirpmolpochopchop. or there will be all peace and happiness in the realms of waiting forever.


Chirp. Chirp chirp chirp. Chirp chirp!


sorry, i didn't mean to chirp you. in the chirp all will be smurf²
just chirp!
----

²chirp
i'm not new, i'm just infrequent

User avatar
TheMinim
Posts: 940
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:47 pm UTC
Location: In The Present
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby TheMinim » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:53 am UTC

tinosoph wrote:
TheMinim wrote:
tinosoph wrote:prediction: in the next fewpix we'll see the molpychirp being attacked by a pterochirpmolpochopchop. or there will be all peace and happiness in the realms of waiting forever.


Chirp. Chirp chirp chirp. Chirp chirp!


sorry, i didn't mean to chirp you. in the chirp all will be smurf²
just chirp!
----

²chirp


Chirp chirp chirp?
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

User avatar
Neil_Boekend
Posts: 3220
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:35 am UTC
Location: Yes.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Neil_Boekend » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:59 am UTC

Chirp is chirp. Chirp it chirp chirp me chirp of the chirps though, but chirp chirp more chirpable.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

User avatar
mscha
Posts: 6904
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:21 pm UTC
Location: NL
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby mscha » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:59 am UTC

Prediction:
The OTC will never end, and never loop. Instead, we'll remain in this scene forever, with the Chi[lr]py and Megan alternately chirping to each other.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Image
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:
Image
Image

User avatar
charlie_grumbles
Posts: 1004
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:07 pm UTC
Location: Self Imposed Exile

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby charlie_grumbles » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:00 pm UTC

chirp-ONG again
Image

And the giant raptor has appeared at 2 o'clok
Last edited by charlie_grumbles on Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:01 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Lurking. Watching. Thinking. Writing. Waiting.
-- Charlie Grumbles

User avatar
mscha
Posts: 6904
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:21 pm UTC
Location: NL
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby mscha » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:00 pm UTC

ONG, it's another Chilpyraptor! Image
Spoiler:
Image

Edit: less observantly ninja'd.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Image
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:
Image
Image

User avatar
charlie_grumbles
Posts: 1004
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:07 pm UTC
Location: Self Imposed Exile

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby charlie_grumbles » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:05 pm UTC

mscha wrote:Edit: less observantly ninja'd.

True. You got me there. But your eyes are probably better (younger). Still got quick hands tho.
At least faster than yr' pixbot. :) (i.e. I can get 'er done in < 10 min)

Today's otherComic
Spoiler:
Image
is interesting. I missed the joke since
Spoiler:
I missed Dr. Who altogether. But it requires knowledge of The Doctor and also knowledge of "Who's on First" which is a bit ancient now.
http://www.baseball-almanac.com/humor4.shtml
Last edited by charlie_grumbles on Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:15 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Lurking. Watching. Thinking. Writing. Waiting.
-- Charlie Grumbles

User avatar
Neil_Boekend
Posts: 3220
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:35 am UTC
Location: Yes.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Neil_Boekend » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:08 pm UTC

mscha wrote:Prediction:
The OTC will never end, and never loop. Instead, we'll remain in this scene forever, with the Chi[lr]py and Megan alternately chirping to each other.

Isn't that a kind of a loop?
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

User avatar
Dracomax
Posts: 998
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:11 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Dracomax » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:15 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:
mscha wrote:Prediction:
The OTC will never end, and never loop. Instead, we'll remain in this scene forever, with the Chi[lr]py and Megan alternately chirping to each other.

Isn't that a kind of a loop?

Well, eventually, every pixel that could be chirped would be, and it'd start to loop.
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

User avatar
Angelastic
Posts: 700
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:36 am UTC
Location: .at (let's see what's through here!)
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Angelastic » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:28 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:
mscha wrote:Prediction:
The OTC will never end, and never loop. Instead, we'll remain in this scene forever, with the Chi[lr]py and Megan alternately chirping to each other.

Isn't that a kind of a loop?

Well, eventually, every pixel that could be chirped would be, and it'd start to loop.

We've been through this before. The chirpable pixels would not always be chirped in the same order, and would not necessarily lead to a loop (nor would it necessarily lead to a sequence of chirps in which the complete works of Chirpspeare could be found.) This is the case even when only two pixels are one pixel is chirpable, for in the chirpary number system there exist numbers that are neither rational nor normal. Numbers in the chirpary number system are quite similar to OTTers in that respect, but not necessarily similar to otters unless the otters are also OTTers.

Edit: How appropriate that my post count approximates 100pi for this post.
Last edited by Angelastic on Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:32 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Knight Temporal, and Archdeacon of buttermongery and ham and cheese sandwiches. Nobody sells butter except through me.
Image Smiley by yappobiscuits. Avatar by GLR, buffygirl, BlitzGirl & mscha, with cari.j.elliot's idea.
Haiku Detector
starts a trend to make way for
my robot army.

User avatar
Tatiana
Posts: 187
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:19 pm UTC
Location: Birmingham, AL
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Tatiana » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:29 pm UTC

Why, oh why, can't I stop reading this thread and following this comic? I've been sucked into the vortex! I never can get tired of doing it because it is so essentially meaningless. If there were some reason to do it, if, say, reading the OTT saved lives, fed the hungry, sheltered the homeless, I absolutely would tire of it and drop it. But simply because there is no point at all in continuing, I can't seem to make myself stop. Oh, what shall I do? (anguished cry)
οττξЃs gotta OTT, so come to the facebook OTT group!

User avatar
k.bookbinder
Posts: 975
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:17 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby k.bookbinder » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:31 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
TheMinim wrote:Hello, my pretties. I trust you are having some fun and speculation?

We're mostly just chirping. Pretty chirping soon this whole chirpy thread will dechirp into nothing chirp chirps chirp chirping...chirp.


Chirp? Chirp.

charlie_grumbles wrote:chirp-ONG again
Spoiler:
Image


And the giant raptor has appeared at 2 o'clok


Chirp? Is it the Time-Raptor of long ago, flying far away? Or could it be an adult Molparrow/Chirlpy, flying close by, but which would still appear to be a small feathered dinosaur?
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

User avatar
mikro2nd
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:52 pm UTC
Location: ɐɔıɹɟɐ

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby mikro2nd » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:33 pm UTC

cellocgw wrote:Alternate Chirpmolpbirdie theory:

It's a trap! (Well duh). First they chirp, and then when you look up at them, they jump down onto you!
"But I'm looking down" says Cueglet.

Molpyular? Jaguply?


'Tis my belief that they're running decoy for the Molpython... "chirp, chirp, chirp" and Megball looks up. Meanwhile, down in the grass, the Molpython slithers closer ("chirp") and closer ("chirp") and closer ("chirp") until... :shock:
One world, one soul
Time pass, the river rolls

User avatar
Dracomax
Posts: 998
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:11 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Dracomax » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:42 pm UTC

Tatiana wrote:Why, oh why, can't I stop reading this thread and following this comic? I've been sucked into the vortex! I never can get tired of doing it because it is so essentially meaningless. If there were some reason to do it, if, say, reading the OTT saved lives, fed the hungry, sheltered the homeless, I absolutely would tire of it and drop it. But simply because there is no point at all in continuing, I can't seem to make myself stop. Oh, what shall I do? (anguished cry)

Heresy! The OTT is meaning! I sentence you to wear a rubber chicken upon your head for a period of not less than 3 newpix! after that, you can feed it to the hungry, I guess.
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

User avatar
mscha
Posts: 6904
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:21 pm UTC
Location: NL
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby mscha » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:46 pm UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:Today's otherComic
Spoiler:
Image
is interesting. I missed the joke since
Spoiler:
I missed Dr. Who altogether. But it requires knowledge of The Doctor and also knowledge of "Who's on First" which is a bit ancient now.
http://www.baseball-almanac.com/humor4.shtml

Don't worry about it, I do watch Doctor Who, and know “Who's of first”, and still didn't get it. Image
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Image
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:
Image
Image

User avatar
akacat
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:39 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby akacat » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:59 pm UTC

StormAngel wrote:Edit: post #40! I'm almost there :D

What happens when you get there? Where is there? Is there here?

Neil_Boekend wrote:
mscha wrote:Prediction:
The OTC will never end, and never loop. Instead, we'll remain in this scene forever, with the Chi[lr]py and Megan alternately chirping to each other.

Isn't that a kind of a loop?

Would believers of this theory be mini-loopists?

mscha wrote:
charlie_grumbles wrote:Today's otherComic
Spoiler:
Image
is interesting. I missed the joke since
Spoiler:
I missed Dr. Who altogether. But it requires knowledge of The Doctor and also knowledge of "Who's on First" which is a bit ancient now.
http://www.baseball-almanac.com/humor4.shtml

Don't worry about it, I do watch Doctor Who, and know “Who's of first”, and still didn't get it. Image

I got it, but I threw it back.

User avatar
charlie_grumbles
Posts: 1004
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:07 pm UTC
Location: Self Imposed Exile

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby charlie_grumbles » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:00 pm UTC

approach-ONG
Image

edited to ask mscha. Where would a Doctor virgin begin? Normally I like to start at the beginning of stuff and blitz my way through. What is the best entry point for The Doctor? Thanks in advance.

Others may answer, of course.
Lurking. Watching. Thinking. Writing. Waiting.
-- Charlie Grumbles

User avatar
Dracomax
Posts: 998
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:11 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Dracomax » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:06 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
charlie_grumbles wrote:Today's otherComic
Spoiler:
Image
is interesting. I missed the joke since
Spoiler:
I missed Dr. Who altogether. But it requires knowledge of The Doctor and also knowledge of "Who's on First" which is a bit ancient now.
http://www.baseball-almanac.com/humor4.shtml

Don't worry about it, I do watch Doctor Who, and know “Who's of first”, and still didn't get it. Image

I got the joke, but had to think for a second. the alt text, on the other hand, still has me stumped.
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

User avatar
akacat
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:39 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby akacat » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:10 pm UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:approach-ONG
Spoiler:
Image


edited to ask mscha. Where would a Doctor virgin begin? Normally I like to start at the beginning of stuff and blitz my way through. What is the best entry point for The Doctor? Thanks in advance.

Others may answer, of course.

Find something that gives you an overview of the Doctor's incarnations, pick one you like, and start there.

If you want to ever truly enjoy the Doctors of the original run (#1-7, from 1963-1989), I suggest starting with one of them at least briefly. Folks who start with New Who frequently can't acclimate to the higher cheese factor of Old Who.

ETA:
Dracomax wrote:I got the joke, but had to think for a second. the alt text, on the other hand, still has me stumped.

That one had me confused as well. Check the forum thread for it, a few people have posted the necessary background information. (It's from "A Wrinkle in Time" -- which I've read, but apparently don't remember very well.)

User avatar
tinosoph
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:24 am UTC
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby tinosoph » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:13 pm UTC

Cuegan haven't noticed the approaching raptor yet. Soon there will be a discussion about nurturing.

wait for it.
i'm not new, i'm just infrequent

User avatar
AluisioASG
Posts: 2337
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:43 am UTC
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby AluisioASG » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:15 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:the Sheeple on their way

If you're talking about the first three Invocations (all by me, BTW), they must be coming from a very far place (the mountains, maybe?).
If you're talking about the Fourth Invocation... well, that didn't happen, yet.

ucim wrote:
SBN wrote:We've seen more tracks of beesnake than of anything else. They were among the white pixels, true, but tracks they were, none-the-less.

Of course, if a train followed those tracks, I'd be pretty worried!

Maybe something like this?
Image

BTW, Dracomax, I wonder if as a dragon, you're capable of shifting into human form... because I've found a really interesting picture....
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image


Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 98 guests