1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

charlie_grumbles

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby charlie_grumbles » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:35 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:I'm really not sure! I know it comes from Old Norse. Sometimes also spelled "gill". It usually more specifically refers to a stream within a small valley/ravine.

gill and kill probably have the same root, then. Though around here a kill can be quite wide. 10-20 meters/yards, but usually a bit smaller. Usually lots of trouts. Yummmy. Though, sadly, not so many these days.
Lurking. Watching. Thinking. Writing. Waiting.
-- Charlie Grumbles

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:36 pm UTC

- Blindpost -

Earthling on Mars wrote:@kenmelken - rhomboidal
kenmelken wrote:I've always hoped that one day rhomboidal, the great founder-patriarch of the thread would return again and chip in his thoughts on what the thread he started had become.

[horrible-thought]Can the person who started a thread...delete it?[/horrible-thought]

:shock:

Just as every frame of the OTT is being saved, someone should be saving all the pages of the OTT (and their images). Would also be cool if someone has been doing it, and the saved thread can be perceived in the way it appeared originally! (i.e. with the avatars people wore at the time, the sigcouragement that happened at the time, the buffyhats that buffygirl had at the time of her posts, etc.)

Earthling on Mars wrote:And finally, Vytron said something that must be fixed:

))))))))))))))))

Thank you. Erm, what's the status on closing brackets? Are they just fine or people should be opening them to compensate? Here's an experiment:

))))))))))))))))

If nobody's bugged by them there it's a clear case of discrimination towards opening brackets.

AluisioASG wrote:
Vytron wrote:- Blindpost -
Also, just before people beat me to it:

MEGAN IS MINE!

Sorry Vytron, I'm afraid you can't do that.
Megan (or her haed, at least) is part of the Four-Oh-Three.
[/quote]

:shock:

Okay, that's a bit awkward. It seems I own about 2/3 of Megan. The lower half... What about, I have her Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday? That'd leave me with 2/3 of a day with Megan, so Dracomax can have her Monday, Tuesday, and every third Wednesday (I'll be nice and let him have her the first Wednesday since that'll average towards the same). Should be mathematically sound.
Last edited by Vytron on Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:37 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Go! Go! You can do it username5243!
Cheers Marsh'n!

THANKS KARHELL!! :)

mscha

Postby mscha » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:37 pm UTC

Not exactly a molpy, but here's an animation of Megan (Megpy) jumping Cueball.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:38 pm UTC

OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

Swein

Postby Swein » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:40 pm UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:sit-ONG

Much like np1, actually, though not exactly

Looks to me like they are checking their smartphones... :mrgreen:
The past is full of traps, charms and mirages, but if you just keep up with with what you are doing it will all be fine.

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:40 pm UTC

Vytron wrote:Okay, that's a bit awkward. It seems I own about 2/3 of Megan. The lower half... What about, I have her Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday? That'd leave me with 2/3 of a day with Megan, so Dracomax can have her Monday, Tuesday, and every third Wednesday (I'll be nice and let him have her the first Wednesday since that'll average towards the same). Should be mathematically sound.

Hmmm. I think this is going in a dangerous direction here. Let's not be too kinky, boys.
Lurking. Watching. Thinking. Writing. Waiting.
-- Charlie Grumbles

Swein

Postby Swein » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:46 pm UTC

mscha wrote:Not exactly a molpy, but here's an animation of Megan (Megpy) jumping Cueball.
Spoiler:

Lovely! I tried to se Megan in the tree at the time, but couldn't spot her. Now it was soo clear! An enlightening post from the popish mscha.
The past is full of traps, charms and mirages, but if you just keep up with with what you are doing it will all be fine.

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:49 pm UTC

Vytron wrote:
Earthling on Mars wrote:And finally, Vytron said something that must be fixed:

))))))))))))))))

Thank you. Erm, what's the status on closing brackets? Are they just fine or people should be opening them to compensate? Here's an experiment:

))))))))))))))))

Well, y'see, it's kinda hard to fix that after you've said it. If I replied with opening brackets, that would just make the problem worse.
Oh wait, I have a solution...

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:51 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:
jetpac wrote:Portal and Portal 2. Absolutely excellent games, on pretty much every level. Storyline (drama, interesting backstory, and most especially comedy), gameplay, music, visual aesthetic, learning curve, everything.

I just had to make another Portal comment because I agree with you completely. On everything. Just truly wonderful games, especially the 2nd one. I've actually been thinking of playing through it again recently when I stumbled upon this incredible thing the other day.

I. WANT. :shock:
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

Swein

Postby Swein » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:54 pm UTC

kenmelken wrote:Friends, Time-waiters, Country-xen,

This be my 200th post! In order to celebrate in similar fashion to my centennial GIFt (hidden in the first spoiler if you don't know what I'm talking about), I present to you my Bicentennial GIFt. :) Enjoy.
Spoiler:

By the way, it's a triple-stacked chocolate cheesecake.

I just say like Megan!
Spoiler:
Wow!

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:58 pm UTC

Ok, I've finally figured out where I left off. I have 51 pages to read (gulp!) I'll just have to enjoy the ride now that I'm officially among the ranks of the blitzers. Well, not officially, since I'm too impatient to read through the OTT to see what happens in the OTC (thanks, Book of Aubron!). And I'll be sure to post big unspoilered blitzposts, or is it small spoilered blitzposts, or maybe blitzed big spoiler posts, or posted blitzed spoilers, or...? Well, I'll figure it out. :D (Y'all know I'm just joking around, right? If anyone uses that to start another argument about posting, I WILL TURN THIS THREAD AROUND! :evil: )

One thing I'm really curious about is whether I'm now married. I know StratPlayer responded to my saying I wanted to marry him by saying he wanted to marry me, but was already married. That would be bigamy. But he also remembered what lmjb stood for, so then I wanted to double marry him, which I guess would be. . .quadrigamy? (I think Exodies remembered it too earlier, but he was giving me a hard time in that post, so I didn't comment on it. Thhbbt! I did notice though. :) ) And then the last post I read before being carried off by anti-RAZOR agents the Outside took over my life was a post by Kieryn indicating that everyone on the OTT was somehow going to end up married to everyone else on the OTT. For all I know, there could have been a huge Sun Myung Moon-style ceremony that I missed. If that's the case, I should definitely find out when my anniversary is, or I'll have a lot of people mad at me.

Speaking of the OTC (we were, right?) I'm glad to see Megan was just being puckish when she jumped out of the tree on Cueball. I was a little concerned that she was going all Hunger Games on him.

Onward and threadward! Hugs to all!

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

BlueCrab

Postby BlueCrab » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:58 pm UTC

kenmelken wrote:
k.bookbinder wrote:
Spoiler:
charlie_grumbles wrote:talk-ONG

Creek. Megan, it is called a creek. Oh, these two. Actually, In some regions of the U.S., I have heard it called a crick, which I had always believed was something that happened in your neck.

On this link, go to question #10. Apparently the linguistic divide for that word happens mostly in the mid-northern US, especially Montana.

http://spark-1590165977.us-west-2.elb.amazonaws.com/jkatz/SurveyMaps/

Off the top of my head,
Creek
Crick
Burn
Stream
Brooke
Rill
Rivulet
Trickle
Wiki Wiki Wiki Wiki Grapevine, Grapevine

"Kvetcher-upper" -- one who complains while ketchupping? - CasCat

“Pretty much everything tastes better if you eat it in the shower.” - ggh

kenmelken

Postby kenmelken » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:02 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Nice one, kenmelken! You must've overtaken me at some point, I'm not at 200 yet and I'm pretty sure my 100th was before yours... guess I've not been posting much lately...

First, thanks. :)
Second, I was actually really surprised as well, specifically to see that I'd passed you, since you just seem like one of the great legends of the Thread to me. You are the first person it felt really weird to realize I'd surpassed in posts.

I must admit that a lot of my posts have been grabbing ONGs (or being ninja'd in the attempt), or else at times when I'm the only person still awake (once again, thanks to my genetic sleeping coma disorder which causes me to coma usually no more than 4 newpix per dix). Furthermore, I currently am in the middle of a much lighter schedule that will continue the rest of this wix before things get busy again, so I've been able to post more lately. I also am on break from school for summer and I'm self-employed and thus work from my couch on my laptop and can very easily stay up-to-date on the thread while I work.

Still, it feels weird to be at 200 already, since I feel often more like a side-commentator in wonderment of all of you rather than a contributor of anything significant.
Last edited by kenmelken on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:06 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
In Svithjod, there stands a rock. It is 100 miles high and 100 miles wide. Once every 1000 years a little bird comes to this rock to sharpen its beak. One time, I changed just the last sentence of this signature, and lots of you noticed. Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:03 pm UTC

He's ok-ONG

jetpac

Postby jetpac » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:08 pm UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:
Valarya wrote:
jetpac wrote:Portal and Portal 2. Absolutely excellent games, on pretty much every level. Storyline (drama, interesting backstory, and most especially comedy), gameplay, music, visual aesthetic, learning curve, everything.

I just had to make another Portal comment because I agree with you completely. On everything. Just truly wonderful games, especially the 2nd one. I've actually been thinking of playing through it again recently when I stumbled upon this incredible thing the other day.

:shock: :shock:

that room0000000000000

Gimme gimme gimme!

*ahem*

I mean... er... yes please?

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:15 pm UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:And "shipper" is another term I don't get.

Me neither. What does that have to do with nautical transportation? (Or even spacial transportation?)
I, for one, am an OTC sheepler (i.e. hold the belief that one day the Sheeple will appear)

Vytron wrote:Okay, that's a bit awkward. It seems I own about 2/3 of Megan. The lower half... What about, I have her Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday? That'd leave me with 2/3 of a day with Megan, so Dracomax can have her Monday, Tuesday, and every third Wednesday (I'll be nice and let him have her the first Wednesday since that'll average towards the same). Should be mathematically sound.

What do you want to do with her that needs the whole and not only the lower half? A house? A ball-launching lever? A 5-bit computer? Play rock-paper-scissors?
And what does The Inquisitor has to do with all this? He (I presume; not sure if it is the right pronoun for dragons - or if dragons have gender, for that matter) only wanted the Mini-Trebuchet©®℗™ⓌⓔⓃⓔⓔⓓⒶⓈⓒⓡⓘⓟⓣ (which I'm willing to lend, for the right price).
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:17 pm UTC

kenmelken wrote:<snip>
Still, it feels weird to be at 200 already, since I feel often more like a side-commentator in wonderment of all of you rather than a contributor of anything significant.

Congrats on 200! And what a wonderful cake! :mrgreen:

I know how you feel. I feel that I am dwarfed by the talent I am surrounded by here, and my contributions are so few and meager. Yet, in this wonderful place I have amassed over 300 posts. I had not even noticed my 300th. But the encouragement remains. I appreciate that we celebrate someone, rather than deride them, for their post count, and recognize those milestones kilocuestones when reached.

Glad to see Megan did not break Cueball.

kenmelken

Postby kenmelken » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:24 pm UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:
Congrats on 200! And what a wonderful cake! :mrgreen:

I know how you feel. I feel that I am dwarfed by the talent I am surrounded by here, and my contributions are so few and meager. Yet, in this wonderful place I have amassed over 300 posts. I had not even noticed my 300th. But the encouragement remains. I appreciate that we celebrate someone, rather than deride them, for their post count, and recognize those milestones kilocuestones when reached.

Glad to see Megan did not break Cueball.

That's very interesting, as I always find your posts very enjoyable. :) You are another one of the great legends here as far as I'm concerned.

And @Swein--thanks! :)
In Svithjod, there stands a rock. It is 100 miles high and 100 miles wide. Once every 1000 years a little bird comes to this rock to sharpen its beak. One time, I changed just the last sentence of this signature, and lots of you noticed. Image

jetpac

Postby jetpac » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:26 pm UTC

Speaking of milestones, this is my 149th post! 102 + 72! Mathy cake for everybody!
Spoiler:

2 Not small. Or rather... it's relative. Also, that wasn't a footnote.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:27 pm UTC

kenmelken wrote:I was actually really surprised as well, specifically to see that I'd passed you, since you just seem like one of the great legends of the Thread to me. You are the first person it felt really weird to realize I'd surpassed in posts.

Heh, to be honest it feels weird to be considered a legend of the thread! I still consider myself relatively new (I arrived on NP 435, around the time BlitzGirl arrived in the present, and the fading. Although I suppose that's almost halfway through the thread now... it doesn't feel like it's been that long :P)... I guess I just got lucky in making a bit of a name for myself with my music :P
kenmelken wrote:Still, it feels weird to be at 200 already, since I feel often more like a side-commentator in wonderment of all of you rather than a contributor of anything significant.

I think we all feel a bit like that sometimes... even those of us who do post creative stuff feel that way the rest of the time, I know I do... especially since I'm no science geek, maths geek or computer geek so a lot of the discussion is way above me... so you're not alone ;)

But I guess that's part of the reason this place is so great. We come from all sorts of backgrounds, and all bring SOMETHING to the table. Some of us who aren't all that creative might be great programmers who come up with useful bits of code. Someone who may know nothing of computers may be a great writer. Someone who doesn't have such a way with words might create great visual art and graphics... and even if you don't think you're all that special, you probably still do bring something to the table, and people do notice you, but you just don't realise it ;). Since we were quoting Doctor Who earlier, I'll paraphrase... "Over two mips of Time and the Thread and I've never met anyone who wasn't important." Ahh, this utterly crazy yet brilliant community :D

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:28 pm UTC

jetpac wrote:
Spoiler:
k.bookbinder wrote:
Valarya wrote:

that room0000000000000

Gimme gimme gimme!

*ahem*

I love how it isn't a super nerd-splosion even though it's completely beyond nerdy. :mrgreen: It's tastefully done in just the right way that I'm currently unable to stop thinking about having a portal bedroom! Hah.
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:34 pm UTC

Warning to Blitzers: TVTropes linkage!
Earthling on Mars wrote:
Spoiler:
yappobiscuits wrote:
charlie_grumbles wrote:<snip>

And "shipper" is another term I don't get.

<snip>

As for "shipper", it means someone who "ships" two characters, meaning they wish/hope for the characters to get together. Shortened from "relationship" and turned into a verb. I'm pretty sure it comes from the whole world of tumblr fandoms, not a world I've ever gotten into but you pick these things up.
There's a nice website where you can read all about these things. :twisted:

ETA: Look at the left side of that page... Seems they have a new podcast, and look at its abbreviation! :o<,snip>

I can do you one better; I actually read the whole Shipping article (since I am now in the Present and have Time for such distractions) and among the bountiful links was...OTP, or One True Pairing. IT'S ALL RELATED. (Also, there is a page for One True Threesome, which seems to be abbreviated OT3, thank Randall.)
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:35 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:
jetpac wrote:
Spoiler:
k.bookbinder wrote:
Valarya wrote:

that room0000000000000

Gimme gimme gimme!

*ahem*

I love how it isn't a super nerd-splosion even though it's completely beyond nerdy. :mrgreen: It's tastefully done in just the right way that I'm currently unable to stop thinking about having a portal bedroom! Hah.

I think I would feel lucky enough to have the portal mirrors. Those are absolutely brilliant on their own. :D

kenmelken

Postby kenmelken » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:39 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:
Spoiler:
kenmelken wrote:I was actually really surprised as well, specifically to see that I'd passed you, since you just seem like one of the great legends of the Thread to me. You are the first person it felt really weird to realize I'd surpassed in posts.

Heh, to be honest it feels weird to be considered a legend of the thread! I still consider myself relatively new (I arrived on NP 435, around the time BlitzGirl arrived in the present, and the fading. Although I suppose that's almost halfway through the thread now... it doesn't feel like it's been that long :P)... I guess I just got lucky in making a bit of a name for myself with my music :P
kenmelken wrote:Still, it feels weird to be at 200 already, since I feel often more like a side-commentator in wonderment of all of you rather than a contributor of anything significant.

I think we all feel a bit like that sometimes... even those of us who do post creative stuff feel that way the rest of the time, I know I do... especially since I'm no science geek, maths geek or computer geek so a lot of the discussion is way above me... so you're not alone ;)

But I guess that's part of the reason this place is so great. We come from all sorts of backgrounds, and all bring SOMETHING to the table. Some of us who aren't all that creative might be great programmers who come up with useful bits of code. Someone who may know nothing of computers may be a great writer. Someone who doesn't have such a way with words might create great visual art and graphics... and even if you don't think you're all that special, you probably still do bring something to the table, and people do notice you, but you just don't realise it ;). Since we were quoting Doctor Who earlier, I'll paraphrase... "Over two mips of Time and the Thread and I've never met anyone who wasn't important." Ahh, this utterly crazy yet brilliant community :D

(Warning, this might be super heretical)
Can I just say that this is why I sometimes wish that there was a Facebookish "like" button for posts? Cuz I'd like this. And lots of others. That way we wouldn't always have to create a new post just to say we liked something sometimes, which is the reason many great contributions go seemingly unnoticed--people liked them, but didn't have anything to say in response and thus just smiled and kept reading.

Sometimes I've almost accidentally pushed the "report post" button instead... which would be the opposite of nicely acknowledging a post! :P

jetpac

Postby jetpac » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:40 pm UTC

kenmelken wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:
Spoiler:

(Warning, this might be super heretical)
Can I just say that this is why I sometimes wish that there was a Facebookish "like" button for posts? Cuz I'd like this. And lots of others. That way we wouldn't always have to create a new post just to say we liked something sometimes, which is the reason many great contributions go seemingly unnoticed--people liked them, but didn't have anything to say in response and thus just smiled and kept reading.

Sometimes I've almost accidentally pushed the "report post" button instead... which would be the opposite of nicely acknowledging a post! :P

I'd like to report this post... as being AWESOME!
*epic guitar solo*

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:49 pm UTC

Some forums, including the only other one I'm a regular on, do in fact have such a feature.

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:53 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Some forums, including the only other one I'm a regular on, do in fact have such a feature.

Other forums have a button to report awesomeness and play epic guitar solos? :shock: OK, I must admit, I am a little jealous of such features.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:53 pm UTC

Well, a feature similar to a "like" button, but if you wanna put a more imaginative spin on it, yes!

BytEfLUSh

Postby BytEfLUSh » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:55 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Warning to Blitzers: TVTropes linkage!

I never really understood those TVTropes warnings until a week ago... It's not like it's Wikipedia or something; I usually just click on the TVTropes link, maybe follow a few hyperlinks and that's it.
Until a week ago. TVTropes link led me to open about 30 new tabs, follow some links on most of them, read a webcomic from start to finish ("Casey and Andy", if anyone wants to know) and then read all the short stories written by the author of that webcomic. I had no idea how it all started until I read your warning.
So yeah, TVTropes can be really dangerous.

-- Professor Dan, The Man from Earth (paraphrased)

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:57 pm UTC

BytEfLUSh wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Warning to Blitzers: TVTropes linkage!

I never really understood those TVTropes warnings until a week ago... It's not like it's Wikipedia or something; I usually just click on the TVTropes link, maybe follow a few hyperlinks and that's it.
Until a week ago. TVTropes link led me to open about 30 new tabs, follow some links on most of them, read a webcomic from start to finish ("Casey and Andy", if anyone wants to know) and then read all the short stories written by the author of that webcomic. I had no idea how it all started until I read your warning.
So yeah, TVTropes can be really dangerous.

In fact, they're very aware of this (includes reference to OtherComic).
ALSO:
Selecting new quote…

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:59 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Well, a feature similar to a "like" button, but if you wanna put a more imaginative spin on it, yes!

Oh. Well a "like" button is not so exciting. I do think that much of the material contributed here, including cakes, definitely transcend mere "like"-ness and are worthy of epic guitar solos. Like David Gilmore's solo in "On the Turning Away", on the album Delicate Sounds of Thunder. That kind of epic :mrgreen:

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:03 pm UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:Well, a feature similar to a "like" button, but if you wanna put a more imaginative spin on it, yes!

Oh. Well a "like" button is not so exciting. I do think that much of the material contributed here, including cakes, definitely transcend mere "like"-ness and are worthy of epic guitar solos. Like David Gilmore's solo in "On the Turning Away", on the album Delicate Sounds of Thunder. That kind of epic :mrgreen:

Or maybe this.
Selecting new quote…

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:04 pm UTC

helpONG
Selecting new quote…

Flado
Location: Lost in Time on NP 1084/1947; Schizoblitzed NP1156-1170

Postby Flado » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:10 pm UTC

Flado, lost in the mists of Time, wrote:You futurefolk will have enough Time to discuss it before I reach this post.

Ha! Thank you, past self, for showing me how to exploit the FutureFolktm for my own entertainmentж! Blitzing just got interesting again! MWAHAHAHAHA!
* can't be bothered to find and appropriate Crowley smiley *
----
ж I'm not very subtle, am I?
Patriarch of the Western Paradox Church (ret'd)
-
All the stars are dust on my screen -- Marsh'n
The best computer game is a compiler. -- Exodies
I thought I was wrong, but it turned out I was mistaken. -- ucim
You have to grow older. You need not grow up. -- bmonk

HES

Postby HES » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:13 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:I've wondered for a while now if GLR has made Cuegan speak using only the 1000 most common English words, a la Up Goer Five. The Dialogue just has that feel to me.

That would certainly explain a few things.

yappobiscuits wrote:
Spoiler:

I love that a caption is completely unnecessary on this.

kenmelken wrote:By the way, it's a triple-stacked chocolate cheesecake.

I now have the desire to devour a delicious cheesecake, because I haven't in a while and I totally deserve one. Is cheesecake worth a trip to the 24hr Tesco's?
He/Him/His Image

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:18 pm UTC

thirds wrote:
Zorin_75 wrote:Is little Chilpy ok? :shock:

<DavidAttenboroughVoice>No.</DavidAttenboroughVoice>

Shouldn't that be <DavidAttenboroughVoice>We just don't know.</DavidAttenboroughVoice>
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:27 pm UTC

HES wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:
Spoiler:

I don't get it. Therefore, I think it needs a caption.
Selecting new quote…

rmcurtis

Postby rmcurtis » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:27 pm UTC

AluisioASG wrote:helpONG

Is this the first hand-holding since the "Sorry" incident?

But this seems like simple helping up, so likely no apology is coming.

Although, he is down on one knee. This would be an easy frame to take out of context!

kenmelken

Postby kenmelken » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:30 pm UTC

AluisioASG wrote:
HES wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:
Spoiler:

I don't get it. Therefore, I think it needs a caption.

Admiral Ackbar famously says the following in Return of the Jedi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piVnArp9ZE0

and thus has become a symbol of traps. He has been parodied and meme-ified (different that mummified) ever since. My favorite parody:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQljzQ_FpUE

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:31 pm UTC

rmcurtis wrote:Although, he is down on one knee. This would be an easy frame to take out of context!

Wait...
Is he proposing to her?
I can see it... soon they'll have babies, and cancer, and caffeine, and...
Selecting new quote…

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”