1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

cellocgw

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby cellocgw » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:54 pm UTC

mscha wrote:I think I'd enjoy it less, and certainly would post less freely, if I knew it'd be read by people I know on the Outside.

Better not read any of the recent news stories about US gov't agencies and their dealings w/ internet providers, then. :( . You may not know them, but they sure know YOU. (sounds almost like a certain "In Soviet Russia,..." meme. sorry)
resume
Former OTTer
Vote cellocgw for President 2020. #ScienceintheWhiteHouse http://cellocgw.wordpress.com
"The Planck length is 3.81779e-33 picas." -- keithl
" Earth weighs almost exactly π milliJupiters" -- what-if #146, note 7

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:57 pm UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:Since we are only a few here at the moment, I thought I'd entertain you with a puzzle.

A man in desert nomadic lands was once quite rich, but died owning only 23 camels (camelMolpies). He had three sons and his will directed that the first son should receive half of his camels, the second one-third and the last son one-eigth of the camels.

The law was very strict in those days and the sons also wanted to honor their father's wishes without "dividing" any of the individual camels.

They searched long and hard for a solution, without success.

A wise person rode into their village on a camel and helped them find the answer. Are you that wise person?

I believe the canonical answer is:
Spoiler:
The wise person donates her camel to the brothers, so that the camels can be divided without harming any of them. The brothers get 12, 8 and 3 camels, and, surprise surprise, one camel is left, and the wise person rides off into the sunset on her own camel.
In the end, pretty much the same solution as others have posted.
Edit: and seriously ninja'd by wildhound, of course. (Why are y'all complaining about the OTT moving too slow? It's moving too fast for me.)
Last edited by mscha on Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:10 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:00 pm UTC

more fetch-ONG
Lurking. Watching. Thinking. Writing. Waiting.
-- Charlie Grumbles

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:01 pm UTC

Since we appear to be doing heretic puzzles now, here's a river crossing puzzle that someone sent to me, some time before Time.
It's a lot harder than the standard wolf/goat/cabbage version... I think I concluded three times with absolute certainty that it's unsolvable, before finally solving it.

Edit: macraw83 noted that the above link doesn't work anymore. Here's another link to the same puzzle.
Last edited by mscha on Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:16 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:09 pm UTC

And I arise from coma to find myself back in the present! This is a good world.

(Except for the bit where it's pouring rain Outside. But, who cares about Outside?)
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, Vytron, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

cellocgw

Postby cellocgw » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:10 pm UTC

Thinking laterally, in this case, across mammalian species, it occurs to me that "ownership" and "receive" do not necessarily mean physically separating items or cutting them into pieces.

Rather as the stock market allows partial "ownership" of a corporation, ownership of animals can be shared. I know that horses and show dogs, at least, often have co-owners regardless of the location of residence of said animal. So, with a little paperwork, the camels, or at least their barterable worth, can be apportioned amongst the sons any way desired.

Edit: this, like all weasmolpy-wording, depends on the interpretation of the original puzzle as "you can't slice the camels into camelbacon."
Last edited by cellocgw on Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:12 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
resume
Former OTTer
Vote cellocgw for President 2020. #ScienceintheWhiteHouse http://cellocgw.wordpress.com
"The Planck length is 3.81779e-33 picas." -- keithl
" Earth weighs almost exactly π milliJupiters" -- what-if #146, note 7

waveney

Postby waveney » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:10 pm UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:Disclaimer. Actually a bit before my day. But I did have to program a switch based front end on a pdp-11-10 to get the boot loader entered. About 20 binary words. Very error prone.

Ha - that would have been easy - I programmed the pre-boot loader into to one machine (6 or 7 18-bit words, that loaded the normal boot loader) using a pair of wire cutters and a core memory board. One error and the whole board would have been very expensive toast.

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:11 pm UTC

cellocgw wrote:Thinking laterally, in this case, across mammalian species, it occurs to me that "ownership" and "receive" do not necessarily mean physically separating items or cutting them into pieces.

Rather as the stock market allows partial "ownership" of a corporation, ownership of animals can be shared. I know that horses and show dogs, at least, often have co-owners regardless of the location of residence of said animal. So, with a little paperwork, the camels, or at least their barterable worth, can be apportioned amongst the sons any way desired.

Camel derivatives. Yay.
Wait for the crash.
-- Charlie Grumbles

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:15 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:For KarMann, and cmyk/Helper, and all those we have lost along the way: Image

Blindposting:

Actually, KarMann was recently posting in anotherThread just a few days ago. :cry:
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:18 pm UTC

waveney wrote:
charlie_grumbles wrote:Disclaimer. Actually a bit before my day. But I did have to program a switch based front end on a pdp-11-10 to get the boot loader entered. About 20 binary words. Very error prone.

Ha - that would have been easy - I programmed the pre-boot loader into to one machine (6 or 7 18-bit words, that loaded the normal boot loader) using a pair of wire cutters and a core memory board. One error and the whole board would have been very expensive toast.

Ha! I used to program a computer by moving beads from left to right and vice versa.
Spoiler:

PS: welcome back in the Present, taixzo, and congrats on your completed Blitz.

Added:
Valarya wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:For KarMann, and cmyk/Helper, and all those we have lost along the way: Image

Blindposting:
Actually, KarMann was recently posting in anotherThread just a few days ago. :cry:

The heretic! And we were worried that he drowned in his own ketchup...
Last edited by mscha on Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:27 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

higgs-boson

Postby higgs-boson » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:20 pm UTC

mscha wrote:Since we appear to be doing heretic puzzles now, here's a river crossing puzzle that someone sent to me, some time before Time.
It's a lot harder than the standard wolf/goat/cabbage version... I think I concluded three times with absolute certainty that it's unsolvable, before finally solving it.

*sigh* Modern families, distrust everywhere.
Solvable (*cheeer*).
Apostolic Visitator, Holiest of Holy Fun-Havers
You have questions about XKCD: "Time"? There's a whole Wiki dedicated to it!

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:23 pm UTC

cellocgw wrote:
mscha wrote:I think I'd enjoy it less, and certainly would post less freely, if I knew it'd be read by people I know on the Outside.

Better not read any of the recent news stories about US gov't agencies and their dealings w/ internet providers, then. :( . You may not know them, but they sure know YOU. (sounds almost like a certain "In Soviet Russia,..." meme. sorry)

So, how many gov't agents do we suppose are trying to decode the secret messages in the OTT?

Back when the kids were young, we often answered 'when' questions with "When deer runs through forest" or some variation of that. As they grew, it turned into part of an elaborate code system, so we now can carry on whole conversations with code phrases:
Deer runs through forest
The golden dog awaits
Moon is high over valley
The otter is gilded
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:23 pm UTC

mscha wrote:Since we appear to be doing heretic puzzles now, here's a river crossing puzzle that someone sent to me, some time before Time.

*sigh* Site filtered. :( Is this a graph theory problem like the Seven Bridges of Konigsberg?
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:28 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
Exodies wrote:This reminds me of a question I wanted to ask y'all of youse. Does anyone here know anyone else here irl? Do you think you would enjoy <this> more or less if your real life friends were here?

I'm fairly sure I don't know any of the regular posters IRL, or even virtually Outside of the OTT.
If there are any people who know me, though, they'll certainly know it's me, since I use this handle and (unhatted) avatar all over the place.
I think I'd enjoy it less, and certainly would post less freely, if I knew it'd be read by people I know on the Outside.

Same and same. This unhatted avatar and the name to go with it are all over the internet for many years. Not only for forums, but for my twitch stream, all my video game characters (the names) and my personal facebook. Hah. I think I'd only post as much, and therefore enjoy it as much, depending on which friends were lurking.
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:29 pm UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:

*sigh* Site filtered. :( Is this a graph theory problem like the Seven Bridges of Konigsberg?

No, it's one of these. (But with a mum and two daughters, a dad and two sons, and a policeman and prisoner.)
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

higgs-boson

Postby higgs-boson » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:33 pm UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:*sigh* Site filtered. :( Is this a graph theory problem like the Seven Bridges of Konigsberg?

I think so.
I bet Prolog would do fine, there's not that much of a branching factor.

1 River.
1 Ferry (space for 2 people, can be operated by an adult only)

People:
1 Father (adult)
2 Sons
1 Mother (adult)
2 Daughters
1 Policeman (adult)
1 Thief

Restrictions:
- Thief cannot be left alone with any family member without the policeman.
- Father cannot be left alone with any of the daughters without the mother.
- Mother cannot be left alone with any of the sons without the father.
Apostolic Visitator, Holiest of Holy Fun-Havers
You have questions about XKCD: "Time"? There's a whole Wiki dedicated to it!

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:34 pm UTC

I did it. It wasn't too bad, actually. :D But it was harder than wolf/goat/cabbage.
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

Prosthetic_Lips

Postby Prosthetic_Lips » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:38 pm UTC

Quickly, there's not much time! I am posting this from the far future (the conversion to your archaic time frame eludes me at the moment, but it is currently 152 years after (all hail Lord) Randall started the One True Comic), and (all hail Lord) Randall's ancestors are STILL drawing the OTC series. We are still observing Cuegan1 wandering around looking at bushes, and climbing up and down. I'm not sure exactly where you are, but it should be near the first sighting of the Quetzalcoatl, but if I have spoilered you, I am deeply sorry.

I bring a dire warning -- stop reading now, before it is too late! Your (and our) very future is at stake! As you read, the addiction grows, until you cannot stop. We Wait around for the next panel, making up theories or posting predictions. There are entire tribes now, organized around these predictions, with new factions splitting off as new predictions are proposed and argued over.

Please, save yourselves now, and us!

Posted RTC 0152-10-08-135502

1 I believe that is how you referred to them

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:41 pm UTC

Prosthetic_Lips wrote:Quickly, there's not much time! I am posting this from the far future (the conversion to your archaic time frame eludes me at the moment, but it is currently 152 years after (all hail Lord) Randall started the One True Comic), and (all hail Lord) Randall's ancestors are STILL drawing the OTC series. We are still observing Cuegan1 wandering around looking at bushes, and climbing up and down. I'm not sure exactly where you are, but it should be near the first sighting of the Quetzalcoatl, but if I have spoilered you, I am deeply sorry.

I bring a dire warning -- stop reading now, before it is too late! Your (and our) very future is at stake! As you read, the addiction grows, until you cannot stop. We Wait around for the next panel, making up theories or posting predictions. There are entire tribes now, organized around these predictions, with new factions splitting off as new predictions are proposed and argued over.

Please, save yourselves now, and us!

Posted RTC 0152-10-08-135502

1 I believe that is how you referred to them

I'm not stopping. At least, not until newpage 8. I can't confirm anything beyond that.
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

HES

Postby HES » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:49 pm UTC

Being nocturnal doesn't work when maintenance decide to mow the grass outside your open window. This may look like ketchup, but it is in fact his blood.

BlitzGirl wrote:See you in a fewpix.

This has a really nice ring to it. Let me flatter you (or whoever coined the phrase whilst I wasn't looking) by stealing it...

ChronosDragon wrote:
Valarya wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:Is it too late to declare that I own Portal 2? I never played the DLC though, but the singleplayer was excellent and co-op with an interstate friend was fun also.

Speaking of which.. I haven't gotten to experience any of the co-op in Portal 2, yet...

Drop me a line snake on steam sometime, I'd be happy to go through it with ya!

I feel a(n) OTT steam group is in order. I've downloaded some of your maps from the workshop, I'll have a play later

Eternal Density wrote:If there's ever a Portal movie, it would be awesome if it said "Starring Ellen McLain as GLaDOS, Summer Glau as Chell, and Summer Glau's feet as Chell's feet." Because reasons.

You mean like this? This is pretty good, too.
He/Him/His Image

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:53 pm UTC

higgs-boson wrote:
k.bookbinder wrote:*sigh* Site filtered. :( Is this a graph theory problem like the Seven Bridges of Konigsberg?

I think so.
I bet Prolog would do fine, there's not that much of a branching factor.

1 River.
1 Ferry (space for 2 people, can be operated by an adult only)

People:
1 Father (adult)
2 Sons
1 Mother (adult)
2 Daughters
1 Policeman (adult)
1 Thief

Restrictions:
- Thief cannot be left alone with any family member without the policeman.
- Father cannot be left alone with any of the daughters without the mother.
- Mother cannot be left alone with any of the sons without the father.

I do not suppose we could possibly simplify things by pushing the prisoner in the river, letting him drown, and telling the authorities he died while trying to escape, could we?
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:56 pm UTC

Looking at LaPetite, the hair seems to be the same length as mine. Blimey.

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:00 pm UTC

Mao ZedONG

ETA: Fiftieth post!
Last edited by taixzo on Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:03 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, Vytron, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:01 pm UTC

TheMinim wrote:Looking at LaPetite, the hair seems to be the same length as mine. Blimey.

Yes. Well....
-- Charlie Grumbles

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:02 pm UTC

*blind-being-a-jerk*
TheMinim wrote:
BlueCrab wrote:-If you go to the beach and ogle sand castles instead of bodies...You might be a Time Waiter.
-If you either refuse to speak twice in a row, or don't say anything for multiple newpix but then talk for at least 10 minutes, on five different subjects...You might be a Time Waiter.
-If you've almost called someone a heretic for using Outside Time and distance units, and it wasn't someone on the OTT...You might be a Time Waiter.
-If you've had to refrain from pelting people with small sugar-coated candies of varying flavors when they imply that you're wasting your Time...You might be a Time Waiter.
-If you find yourself pondering the possible Madagascar/Africa/Cassinite projection/other justification for all animal molpy life you see...You might be a Time Waiter.
-If you're at the store getting curtains and guesstimate the size in cues...You might be a Time Waiter.
-If you covertly examine every person you see wearing a hat, wondering if it's a BuffyGirlTM OriginalR...You might be a Time Waiter.

ETA What else?

-If you spend the time you're supposed to be 'revising' in catching and keeping up with the Time thread...You might be a Time Waiter.
-If you refer to sleep as coma all of the time...You might be a Time Waiter.
-If you use 'Time' to motivate yourself when you're climbing home...You might be a Time Waiter.
-If you get really bored halfway through every Newpix...You might be a Time Waiter.
-If you have claimed any part of the OTC...You might be a Time Waiter.
-At any time you can't access the internet but aren't doing anything interesting, you think about how nice it would be to be able to ketchup with Time...You might be a Time Waiter.

Is that the sort of thing?

FTFBOYA

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:04 pm UTC

azule wrote:FTFBOYA

Is that supposed to stand for "Fixed That For Both Of Y'All"? Otherwise I don't get the A.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:04 pm UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:
TheMinim wrote:Looking at LaPetite, the hair seems to be the same length as mine. Blimey.

Yes. Well....

Well what? :twisted:

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:08 pm UTC

Prosthetic_Lips wrote:(...) but it should be near the first sighting of the Quetzalcoatl, (...)

Ah, there it is.
Spoiler:
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:10 pm UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:protect your TrueName

Too late.
For me, at least.
Well, at least I can say, "I was there from the beginning (kinda) of Time".
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:14 pm UTC

TheMinim wrote:
charlie_grumbles wrote:

Yes. Well....

Time will tell.

An admission, I think.

Watching.
-- Charlie Grumbles

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:17 pm UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:
TheMinim wrote:
charlie_grumbles wrote:

Yes. Well....

Time will tell.

An admission, I think.

Watching.

Being watched.

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:17 pm UTC

Prosthetic_Lips wrote:Randall's ancestors are STILL drawing the OTC series.

Hello, Benjamin Button.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

StormAngel

Postby StormAngel » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:21 pm UTC

Finally had an idea for a Song of Time today.
I'd like to present to you: Wait In Time

To the tune of 'Back In Time' by Huey Lewis and The News

Spoiler:
(the parts in brackets are extra Background Vocals)

Tell me, Cuegan
where are you trekking this time?
Is this the river, (the river is small)
or NewPic 99?
All I wanted to see
I 'wait for it' patiently
(need t' wait quicker now)

So take me away, I'll coma fine
But it's all related, see
I'll be back in time

Gotta get back in Time

(ketchup with Time, Time)
Blitz to your future,
posting walls of quoted quotes
Better use fcbvyref, [spoilers]
Raptorchirps sing louder notes
Please can I, have a hat?
Molpies ate our cake again

(molpy molp- )
So send me to coma, I don't sleep
But the Pope makes his decree,
I've a time to keep

Gotta get back to Time
Gotta ketchup through Time
Get me back in Time

*likable imaginative-spinning epic guitar solo*

Gotta get back in time (back-back in time)
Gotta just 'wait for it' (for Time)
Get back, get back

Get back, Megball

Gotta get back to Time
Gotta ketchup with Time
Get back, get back

*whispers fading out*
Wait for it
wait for it
wait for it...

Suggestions for improvements are most welcome :D
I gotta go coma now
Oelpr Jnhar, Knight of the Chronological Order, Protector of Othamburg
"HELLO. MY NAME IS STORMANGEL. YOU OTCOLORED MY NOPICES. PREPARE TO GO CAVE."
yappobiscuits wrote:"I wanna be redundant too! Lemme be redundant! C'monnn!"

My OTTifications on Imgur
Spoiler:
Ch*rp

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:22 pm UTC

TheMinim wrote:Blimey.

Speaking Liverpudlian now? A clue. On it Clouseau!

Clouseau: Watching.

ETA:
pink-panther.jpg
Pink Panther
pink-panther.jpg (63.18 KiB) Viewed 12962 times
-- Charlie Grumbles

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:29 pm UTC

AluisioASG wrote:

Hello, Benjamin Button.

Just evidence for the loopist. Pretty long cycle, though.

ETA: Dang. I missed it. 300 now. And a double.
cake.jpg
I've had mine. Help yourself.
cake.jpg (142.21 KiB) Viewed 12926 times
Last edited by charlie_grumbles on Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:39 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
-- Charlie Grumbles

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:32 pm UTC

AluisioASG wrote:

Hello, Benjamin Button.

Maybe he means the ancestors of their current Randall (who should be about V or VI), and they all took his name for GL stuff.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:37 pm UTC

Not Image'd Post

taixzo wrote:
azule wrote:Edit: Damn forum software. Lost another post while submitting. Seems OTT moved on at this point anyways. La-la-la...sorry, time travelers, you don't get to know what this was. :P

:(
Ha-ha! Awfulsome! It worked! P.S. It probably wasn't the nicest thing I've said (and looking at my posts, that's saying something).

mscha wrote:Edit: and that's why you need to use emoticons in a text-only medium, Chilpy!
Chilpy wrote:CHIRP Image
Hehe, lovely!

StormAngel wrote:Thanks to Yappobiscuits for the molpy video;

% Beesnake or beesnakes - which is the more correct plural form? I've seen both used in the OTT. Are beesnake pluralized like fish and sheep?[/size]
Singular plural, yes. (First form.) Also, finally saw vid....that is insane. I think it's actually a bit better than the original. :)

cellocgw wrote:Life is like a hidden sequence of hashed pngs. You never know what image you're going to get.
Neat pseudo-quote.

*yoink*

ChronosDragon wrote:Image
Man, this one's pretty lame. I need to start preparing these in advance so I'm not under time pressure to make them on the fly!
I think it would have benefited from not stopping, no pauses. Then it would be trippy and cool like the rest. It is still cool, though.

charlie_grumbles wrote:The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, *, Profit"

FTFY

kenmelken wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
Here's a fourth sentence ending in an exclamation point!

My 10th grade English teacher once told us, "You get 3 exclamation points... for life. Use them well."

(Granted... I've exceeded my limit many times over...)
I don't use mine enough! Or I use them incorrectly! lol. :)

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:47 pm UTC

Oh Joy. The prodigal, MobTeeseboose, has returned to the fold. Prepare the fatted calf (or cabbage, if you prefer). Rejoice in the reappearance of the lost (but quiet) one.
-- Charlie Grumbles

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:50 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Also, Cueball should get his revenge on Megan by kissing her.

So you're officially a Megball shipper then?

Yes. Especially if they're siblings.
FTFYYP!

fhorn

Postby fhorn » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:59 pm UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:
TheMinim wrote:Blimey.

Speaking Liverpudlian now? A clue. On it Clouseau!

Clouseau: Watching.

But where's Gadget?

edited b/c general dopiness
Last edited by fhorn on Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:04 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
"...or I shall have to find Chekov myself, and shoot him with his own damn gun" - k.bookbinder
unteaching is the hardest teaching

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”