1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

BytEfLUSh

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BytEfLUSh » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:46 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
BytEfLUSh wrote:<snip> However, everyone loves pizza.
Spoiler:

As a sign of good will, here's a slice for ya! :D

Because of you, I just ordered a pizza.

I hope you're happy.

I have successfully interfered with Our Holy BlitzGirl's life. I am a very happy person now. :)

BTW, can you please declare that pizza > cake? :D

ETA: Oh, wow. NewPagePope. You know what that means. If you want to party, eat pizza. If you want a cake, have a piece of pizza. If you want chocolate... well, here's a slice of pizza! :D

-- Professor Dan, The Man from Earth (paraphrased)

HES

Postby HES » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:53 pm UTC

BytEfLUSh wrote: If you want to party, eat pizza. If you want a cake, have a piece of pizza. If you want chocolate... well, here's a slice of pizza! :D

But what if I want a slice of pizza? Do I have to party with a chocolate cake?
He/Him/His Image

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:53 pm UTC

I've had pizza 2 times in the last 3 days...but I could go for some more :)

By the way, here's a picture of the working detail sprites:
Spoiler:

Ebonite

Postby Ebonite » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:55 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Spoiler:

I hope you're happy.

Actually, because of "ALL y'all", I'm thinking of talking my family into going to our favorite pizza place tonight for dinner...

Who says this group isn't influential?
Sir Ebonite, Lord of the Three Holes
"molpy molpy molpy molpy la la la"

BytEfLUSh

Postby BytEfLUSh » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:55 pm UTC

HES wrote:
BytEfLUSh wrote: If you want to party, eat pizza. If you want a cake, have a piece of pizza. If you want chocolate... well, here's a slice of pizza! :D

But what if I want a slice of pizza? Do I have to party with a chocolate cake?

Hmm, haven't thought of that. Just sit right there while I think about it, eating my pizza. :D

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:56 pm UTC

BytEfLUSh wrote:

ETA: Oh, wow. NewPagePope. You know what that means. If you want to party, eat pizza. If you want a cake, have a piece of pizza. If you want chocolate... well, here's a slice of pizza! :D

Well, there is pizza and pizza, and there is cake and cake. The pizza pictured would not be my favorite.
Mine has fresh clams, evoo, garlic, and parmesan cheese. Other than the crust that is the end of the list. Nothing red, nothing gooey.

But yes, some pizza > some cake.
∃ pizza ∧ ∃ cake s.t. pizza > cake.
Lurking. Watching. Thinking. Writing. Waiting.
-- Charlie Grumbles

mscha

Postby mscha » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:57 pm UTC

ergman wrote:It's Time for my first non-Adventure Time Filk*!
The Wait (The Weight)

List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

HES

Postby HES » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:58 pm UTC

404 was half the thread ago. Have we found it yet?
He/Him/His Image

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:00 am UTC

philosophizing-ONG
or maybe geologizing.

HES wrote:404 was half the thread ago. Have we found it yet?

All the internets still say "not found". Sorry
-- Charlie Grumbles

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:04 am UTC

BytEfLUSh wrote:
Spoiler:
BlitzGirl wrote:

I hope you're happy.

I have successfully interfered with Our Holy BlitzGirl's life. I am a very happy person now. :)

I find your lack of pepperoni disturbing.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:07 am UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:philosophizing-ONG
or maybe geologizing.

HES wrote:404 was half the thread ago. Have we found it yet?

All the internets still say "not found". Sorry

Wow. They go from "the land rose" to a coherent theory about water wearing away rock in the span of a couple newpix. Maybe they're more intelligent then we give them credit for.

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:12 am UTC

ggh wrote:Where's your drive-in? (I mean just generally - I'm not stalking you). I'm a big fan of them, and it's been a long time. I just like to hear that they're still alive and kicking. Does it still project film or have drive-ins gone digital too?
I think you are, but fine. This one is in Northern California. I haven't done a search, but I hear they're rare, so this might be the only one (in said location)? It appears to be film, as the "coffee stains" were prevalent.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:12 am UTC

moody7277 wrote:
BytEfLUSh wrote:
Spoiler:
BlitzGirl wrote:

I hope you're happy.

Don't worry, mine has pepperoni. But I'm eating it.

I guess Cuegan has never seen a canyon before.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:16 am UTC

azule wrote:
ggh wrote:Where's your drive-in? (I mean just generally - I'm not stalking you). I'm a big fan of them, and it's been a long time. I just like to hear that they're still alive and kicking. Does it still project film or have drive-ins gone digital too?
I think you are, but fine. This one is in Northern California. I haven't done a search, but I hear they're rare, so this might be the only one (in said location)? It appears to be film, as the "coffee stains" were prevalent.

Kind of amazing to have one at all. I haven't seen one or even the bleached bones of a deceased one for years. Had a few "good times" there (Not California though) in years gone by. (sigh)
-- Charlie Grumbles

BytEfLUSh

Postby BytEfLUSh » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:26 am UTC

moody7277 wrote:
BytEfLUSh wrote:
Spoiler:
BlitzGirl wrote:

I hope you're happy.

I am so very sorry.

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:32 am UTC

- Seaish Blindpost -

Left unspoilered so readers have less clicking instead of skimmers having less scrolling!

Earthling on Mars wrote:
Vytron wrote:
Earthling on Mars wrote:And finally, Vytron said something that must be fixed:

))))))))))))))))

Thank you. Erm, what's the status on closing brackets? Are they just fine or people should be opening them to compensate? Here's an experiment:

))))))))))))))))

Well, y'see, it's kinda hard to fix that after you've said it. If I replied with opening brackets, that would just make the problem worse.
Oh wait, I have a solution...

*jjjdavison and Vytron giggle quietly*

lmjb1964 wrote:And I'll be sure to post big unspoilered blitzposts, or is it small spoilered blitzposts, or maybe blitzed big spoiler posts, or posted blitzed spoilers, or...? Well, I'll figure it out. :D (Y'all know I'm just joking around, right? If anyone uses that to start another argument about posting, I WILL TURN THIS THREAD AROUND! :evil: )

BUT I still maintain people should be allowed to do it in any way they please! *shot*

I mean, good luck blitzing!

Unless you have already caught up before me, which, wouldn't be that unlikely.

AluisioASG wrote:
Vytron wrote:Okay, that's a bit awkward. It seems I own about 2/3 of Megan. The lower half... What about, I have her Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday? That'd leave me with 2/3 of a day with Megan, so Dracomax can have her Monday, Tuesday, and every third Wednesday (I'll be nice and let him have her the first Wednesday since that'll average towards the same). Should be mathematically sound.

What do you want to do with her that needs the whole and not only the lower half? A house? A ball-launching lever? A 5-bit computer? Play rock-paper-scissors?

Yeah, playing chess with her is going to be hard without her arms. Also, how are we going to play Stare wars without her eyes?

I'd also like to share the desserts that people post on the thread with her, which is going to be hard without her mouth...

You get the idea now, don't you?

As for what to do with her lower half, I don't even know Megan's age, so let's not go there...

AluisioASG wrote:And what does The Inquisitor has to do with all this? He (I presume; not sure if it is the right pronoun for dragons - or if dragons have gender, for that matter) only wanted the Mini-Trebuchet©®℗™ⓌⓔⓃⓔⓔⓓⒶⓈⓒⓡⓘⓟⓣ (which I'm willing to lend, for the right price).

Oh, that must have been a memory glitch on my part. I totally recalled that you called dibs on the microtrebuchet, and then, The Inquisitor called dibs on the whole frame, but you informed him it was already picked.

If it's as you say, then, huh...

How much for Megan's upper body? (and remember you only have 2/3 of her, not 1/2) - if the price is reasonable I may consider the offer.

Wait, lend? Really, I don't need her every single day (she's known for going off-frame to do her stuff now and then in the OTC).

kenmelken wrote:
Spoiler:
yappobiscuits wrote:
kenmelken wrote:I was actually really surprised as well, specifically to see that I'd passed you, since you just seem like one of the great legends of the Thread to me. You are the first person it felt really weird to realize I'd surpassed in posts.

Heh, to be honest it feels weird to be considered a legend of the thread! I still consider myself relatively new (I arrived on NP 435, around the time BlitzGirl arrived in the present, and the fading. Although I suppose that's almost halfway through the thread now... it doesn't feel like it's been that long :P)... I guess I just got lucky in making a bit of a name for myself with my music :P
kenmelken wrote:Still, it feels weird to be at 200 already, since I feel often more like a side-commentator in wonderment of all of you rather than a contributor of anything significant.

I think we all feel a bit like that sometimes... even those of us who do post creative stuff feel that way the rest of the time, I know I do... especially since I'm no science geek, maths geek or computer geek so a lot of the discussion is way above me... so you're not alone ;)

But I guess that's part of the reason this place is so great. We come from all sorts of backgrounds, and all bring SOMETHING to the table. Some of us who aren't all that creative might be great programmers who come up with useful bits of code. Someone who may know nothing of computers may be a great writer. Someone who doesn't have such a way with words might create great visual art and graphics... and even if you don't think you're all that special, you probably still do bring something to the table, and people do notice you, but you just don't realise it ;). Since we were quoting Doctor Who earlier, I'll paraphrase... "Over two mips of Time and the Thread and I've never met anyone who wasn't important." Ahh, this utterly crazy yet brilliant community :D

(Warning, this might be super heretical)
Can I just say that this is why I sometimes wish that there was a Facebookish "like" button for posts? Cuz I'd like this. And lots of others. That way we wouldn't always have to create a new post just to say we liked something sometimes, which is the reason many great contributions go seemingly unnoticed--people liked them, but didn't have anything to say in response and thus just smiled and kept reading.

What? Noooo! Please! No Like Buttons or Post rating or the like! It makes people sad when they get too few likes, it encourages people to post just in search of Likes and it changes the feeling of the thread from doing things for fun to doing them to get more Likes!

A Thanks button would be nice, though.
Go! Go! You can do it username5243!
Cheers Marsh'n!

Your ad here. No, seriously! It's free! PM me if interested.
THANKS KARHELL!! :)

ergman

Postby ergman » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:34 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:I've had pizza 2 times in the last 3 days...but I could go for some more :)

By the way, here's a picture of the working detail sprites:
Spoiler:

Beautiful. It wouldn't be too terrible if it were a standalone source-a-majig instead of a portal 2 map,
In the way the Black Mesa was. These sprites are worth it, I think.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:38 am UTC

ucim wrote:What fun is that? (Although the best way to describe what "trope" means is to send them to... that website. Mwahahahaha!)
Indeed. But that takes almost as much effort as looking up the definition....I have laziness standards to uphold.

ttscp

Postby ttscp » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:58 am UTC

Eutychus wrote:ttscp: makes sense to me anyway. How long before someone tries to do their Masters thesis on the OTC?

And can I subscribe to your newsletter?

(And yes, mscha, it does look blue now you mention it)

If you mean ttscp.com, the RSS page is here, but I haven't posted anything new in a long while. I'm thinking about picking it up again. If you just want the next installment in my analysis, bookmark the post; I'll edit it to add a link to the next installment when I create it.

It would be an interesting Master's thesis, if they tried to do it before the OTC ended.
Last edited by ttscp on Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:00 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Always act to increase the survival chances of the largest group you are a part of.

mscha

Postby mscha » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:00 am UTC

C.ONG.M.A. Time...
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

ucim

Postby ucim » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:06 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:I guess Cuegan has never seen a canyon before.
Cuegan hasn't seen much of anything. He hasn't been up the river "this way" before either.

Personally, I consider pizza to be a vehicle. An awesome one, but still, a plain cheese pizza is about as appealing as an empty truck. It's value is what you can put on it.

This includes anchovies. :)

Vytron wrote:How much for Megan's upper body? (and remember you only have 2/3 of her, not 1/2)
You do know that 2/3 > 1/2, right?

azule wrote:I have laziness standards to uphold.
Worthy standards indeed. :)

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:11 am UTC

- Blindpost -

k.bookbinder wrote:
Vytron wrote:Can I ask people to go back and edit their messages to show that in the future, Blitzing messages are greatly loved and encouraged? because, taixzo shows here they're still a Past-problem (greatly discouraging).

Are you not worried about the possibility of irreconcilable time paradoxes caused by going back in Time and changing the past?

Paradoxes are quite disappointing. I've edited my past posts on the thread, expecting the small change to cause a chaotic reaction that changes every single post afterwards so that I can see alternative branches of the thread of "what would have happened if I posted this instead of posting that?"

But, nothing changes. It's as if by editing the past I cause the thread to be like I always remembered it...

Also, welcome HAL9000 to page 808 in your trek!! Unless, when you come back you skip all these pages and just read the present of that time on (not that there's something wrong with that) - in such case, huh, wait, you'll never read this, so no idea why I keep typing.

BlitzGirl wrote:
Vytron wrote:
Spoiler:
BlitzGirl wrote:In a parallel universe, there is a version of Time that does indeed follow birds-that-we-don't-like-calling-birds instead of Cuegan:
I wonder if, when Cuegan uses the word "loud," they actually mean "noisy"?

Ah! Nice animanip!

Did you draw every letter of it yourself? It looks great.

Thanks! :) I drew the dialogue by hand. The rest was just manipulating Time itself.

Ahh, and it shows! Much better than just typing text with a Font! :)

Valarya wrote:Woah. That realization that BlitzGirl has been in the present for longer than she was Blitzing. That just blew my mind... same as when a current blitzer commented on the almost-flame-war of whether ketchup posts should exist, in what format, etc etc was over 300 NPs ago. :shock:

Seriously, my biggest shock is every time I pass one of my posts. I'm like "that feels so long ago", but looking at the dates I posted those messages just two days ago. I can now say that the OTC is enlarging my life (even though I have less time in it for doing things other than following it :mrgreen: ),

ChronosDragon wrote:
Valarya wrote:I haven't gotten to experience any of the co-op in Portal 2, yet...

Drop me a line snake on steam sometime, I'd be happy to go through it with ya!

Whoa! Wait, can people go on dates with other people of the OTT?! In that case I'd like to open an invitation to TimeWaiters, Heretics and Apostates to play N64 online on the Kaillera servers, or Snes via Hamachi or Z-Net, or some other game (do people still play chess online?)
Cheers Marsh'n!

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:33 am UTC

Vytron wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:
Vytron wrote:Okay, that's a bit awkward. It seems I own about 2/3 of Megan. The lower half... What about, I have her Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday? That'd leave me with 2/3 of a day with Megan, so Dracomax can have her Monday, Tuesday, and every third Wednesday (I'll be nice and let him have her the first Wednesday since that'll average towards the same). Should be mathematically sound.

What do you want to do with her that needs the whole and not only the lower half? A house? A ball-launching lever? A 5-bit computer? Play rock-paper-scissors?

Yeah, playing chess with her is going to be hard without her arms. Also, how are we going to play Stare wars without her eyes?

I'd also like to share the desserts that people post on the thread with her, which is going to be hard without her mouth...

You get the idea now, don't you?

It seems my intention wasn't well understood, so I'll try to rephrase it. Our approaches to Megball, the OTC and surrounding life seem to be completely different. It's all about abstraction.
AluisioASG wrote:What do you want to do that needs 5 lines and a circle (and a bunch of curves) and not only 3 lines? A house? A ball-launching lever? A 5-bit computer [with lines instead of rocks]? Play rock-paper-scissors [paper: [], scissors: Y, rock:O]?

Vytron wrote:As for what to do with her lower half, I don't even know Megan's age, so let's not go there...

I suppose you could use her legs (not arms, 'cause they are mine) as drumsticks.

Vytron wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:And what does The Inquisitor has to do with all this? He (I presume; not sure if it is the right pronoun for dragons - or if dragons have gender, for that matter) only wanted the Mini-Trebuchet©®℗™ (which I'm willing to lend, for the right price).

Oh, that must have been a memory glitch on my part. I totally recalled that you called dibs on the microtrebuchet, and then, The Inquisitor called dibs on the whole frame, but you informed him it was already picked.

That's a huge memory glitch. It's all wrong:
  1. I called dibs on the frame
  2. The Inquisition called dibs on the trebuchet
  3. Someone told the Inquisition it was already property of the SAEWITRBASA

Vytron wrote:How much for Megan's upper body? (and remember you only have 2/3 of her, not 1/2) - if the price is reasonable I may consider the offer.

That was for the trebuchet, not for her. As I already got sand, bookshelves, nanorobots and books, I don't know what else I could possibly want.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:37 am UTC

You did it taixzo!!!

taixzo wrote:Also, congratulations Vytron!

Thanks! People haven't requested any hats yet, that I know of, but they will, eventually!
Cheers Marsh'n!

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:41 am UTC

This is for Sciscitor's Quote Constellations (all 3, btw). It now features avatars, as suggested and facilitated by the man himself, and better text zoom abilities.
Attachments
ottjsv2.zip
2nd "file" released, 3rd version...... *confusing*
(1.82 KiB) Downloaded 539 times

fhorn

Postby fhorn » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:42 am UTC

I already ate dinner (eggplant/tomato/spring onions/rice) and dessert (ice cream cone from the truck on the corner). But still I want pizza. Any kind will do.
And I have to coma. Did we already have a "Goodnight, Mrs. MobTeeseboose, wherever you are!"?
"...or I shall have to find Chekov myself, and shoot him with his own damn gun" - k.bookbinder
unteaching is the hardest teaching

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:42 am UTC

- Blitzpost -

BlitzGirl wrote:Okay, I really need to coma. I'm trying to make sense of the last three posts and I just can't. Image

Oh no! You may be regaining sanity! We can't allow that to happen!

So, that's why comaing in necessary folks!

mscha wrote:
Spoiler:

Ha!! For a moment I though it was a real deal, we need more xkcdsw's in the thread like this.
Cheers Marsh'n!

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:53 am UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:
azule wrote:

Kind of amazing to have one at all. I haven't seen one or even the bleached bones of a deceased one for years. Had a few "good times" there (Not California though) in years gone by. (sigh)

There is one a couple hours drive from where I live now. The last one I went to was in Washington state, early '90s. We saw "Jurassic Park" We were thinking the toddler would fall asleep. No such luck. "Dinosaurs! Cute Dinosaurs!" and "Cars! More Cars" for pretty much the whole movie.
Vytron wrote:BUT I still maintain people should be allowed to do it in any way they please! *shot*

And that seems to be the case. But, if someone wanted to post in a way that pleases others, they could just pick a way, and it would. If they want to please all others though, they should change up the style, so they aren't pleasing the same people each time. Or, they could post any way they please, that works too.
Oh, and we had waffles for dinner here, and then played UNO. Not sure if it is the new cards, or my old eyes, but I kept confusing the colors.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

mscha

Postby mscha » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:10 am UTC

BRONZIFYONG...

-- posted by newpixbot
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:11 am UTC

I have had my ketchup for the day but I lost my comments when my browser crash. Lots of great stuff! But, at the moment I am pressed for time. However, since pizza has been introduced to the OTT, I have decided to contribute, for I often make pizza at home from scratch. So for all you tribal members here on the OTT, please help yourself to some of my blue pizza. If you're not fond of fungi, one half is without mushrooms (these are not the kind Ugg had. Or Bob). Enjoy.

Spoiler:
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

ggh

Postby ggh » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:13 am UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:
azule wrote:

Same. I always used to drive by a dead one outside of Ithaca, NY, and the pines in front of the old screen were taller, ever taller. Lovely old bones though. The one up by Winnipesaukee in New Hampshire always seems happy and healthy when I'm travelling out that way - gives me hope.

It's my fantasy (that I'll never do) to rescue one one day. It's not a practical fantasy tho. Cars aren't what they were. I used to take a fella to the drive-in in a 1970 Caddy Sedan deVille, (with a fully-loaded pizza (IAR) and a 6-pack of Coke in the back). Ah. Those were the days.
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

ergman

Postby ergman » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:18 am UTC

mscha wrote:BRONZIFYONG...

-- posted by newpixbot

uh.. is newpixbot malfunctioning? or has he actually evolved this time?
google turns up literally nothing for bronzifyong...
it seems like he took bronzifying (also not a word as far as I can tell) and ongified (definately not a word) it.
Last edited by ergman on Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:22 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:20 am UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:I have had my ketchup for the day but I lost my comments when my browser crash. Lots of great stuff! But, at the moment I am pressed for time. However, since pizza has been introduced to the OTT, I have decided to contribute, for I often make pizza at home from scratch. So for all you tribal members here on the OTT, please help yourself to some of my blue pizza. If you're not fond of fungi, one half is without mushrooms (these are not the kind Ugg had. Or Bob). Enjoy.

Spoiler:

Ugg, indeed. I do like pesto, though, in terms of green things.

jjjdavidson
Location: Outside: The Ozarks, North America ─ OTTside: Lost in the 1400s

Postby jjjdavidson » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:22 am UTC

SBN wrote:Oh, and we had waffles for dinner here, and then played UNO. Not sure if it is the new cards, or my old eyes, but I kept confusing the colors.

Perhaps because for over two Outside months you've spent most of your time viewing the world in grayscale?
Don't worry. Feed squirpys.
Don't wait for me.
My OTC/OTT graphsMay include spoilers!
Helpful links: Time Wiki FAQrot-13 / Morse decoders
He won! He won! He won!
Knight Temporal. :) Ex-Loopist. :(

ucim

Postby ucim » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:33 am UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:please help yourself to some of my blue pizza.
Ooooh! Yummy! (what makes it blue? Did you play it too many sad songs?)

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:38 am UTC

It looks green to me...but you both say blue? hmm. *sad*

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:46 am UTC

ucim wrote:
k.bookbinder wrote:please help yourself to some of my blue pizza.
Ooooh! Yummy! (what makes it blue? Did you play it too many sad songs?)

Jose

I used a vegetable based dye to color the dough. My wife and I were bored. But yes, indeed Azule, the dough does appear green on the top, where the cheese melted. But the interior of the dough was definitely blue. I shall blame any additional discoloration on poor lighting.

I have been tempted to try purple.
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:01 am UTC

Post, then ONG. Besides, they ONGed while they were talkONG.

ucim

Postby ucim » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:11 am UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:I used a vegetable based dye to color the dough.
Don't say dye to an old person!

I guess that doesn't work as well in print. I'll just slink over to the comfy chair and await my punishment.

Jose

jovialbard

Postby jovialbard » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:30 am UTC

I read that "I can't imagine how L-ONG it must have taken"
Last edited by jovialbard on Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:30 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
I wrote a book exploring the nature of identity and loss of self! And another book about babies!
Also, vlog and short-story blog

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”