1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Valarya

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Valarya » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:41 pm UTC

Wildhound wrote:If the suggested year of 13291 is correct, that number probably has some significance.

13 - 291?

The 291st day of this year is October 18th.

I've been waiting for something like this since I saw the speculation that the year was that far in to the future. If they're in April 10th-ish, can we use that date to approximate that they've now been walking for ~17 days (since March 25th)? :?

mscha wrote:I think we can safely say that there is no way Time takes place in a consistent, present-day Earth, place and time.

I like your analysis and since I was such a major Africanist, what with the Baobabs, the flora/fauna, squirpies and other things.. now hearing that the stars are pointing to the Northern Hemisphere makes me feel like we're all just being 100% nerd-sniped by GLR and we'll never guess their location because it's a place that doesn't truly exist. Then again, I think about how much attention Randall pays to detail (especially on his What-Ifs) that I feel doubtful he'd throw the trail this hard.
Like BlitzGirl, I'm just tired of the speculation and am ready for the Long Night to be over, no matter how beautiful it is. :? I need a new lesson in...
Spoiler:
Waiting for It.
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

Goggalor

Postby Goggalor » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:41 pm UTC

This might be the only time I have ever regretted not taking astronomy in college.

While all of y'all are looking for the right day (ahem... night) I'll sit back enjoy the stars, speculation, and wait for it.
Keeper Of The Bags, Protector Of Puns
A Timewaiter from the very beginning to the bitter end.1
1but not from beginning to end to beginning since I'm not a loopist

Sciscitor

Postby Sciscitor » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:47 pm UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:At the top of any page, look for text like this:
Post a reply First unread post • 38759 posts • Page 969 of 969

Click on the last bit: Page xxx of yyy. You will get a form to fill in with a page number.
It will take you directly there.

Hi to all.
Back to the desert.

Cool, I did not know this.
Also: Welcome back charlie! :D
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

Montov

Postby Montov » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:47 pm UTC

Rule110: Thanks for the excellent extensive explanation with graphical examples which exceeded my already excited expectations during this exquisite exchange of scientific exercises with experienced experts, and by extension the existential questions of Megball who are exposed in this exotic landscape on their expedition, in an exponentially expanding experiment created by the extraordinary GLR.

HereBeUnmappedBits wrote:Personally I like the night. It's both a good moment for Cueball and a nice breather after the drama of the meowlpy attack. The stars are also pretty neat.

Exactly, this comic is a little too fast paced sometimes. ;)

sidd

Postby sidd » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:48 pm UTC

eta oin shrdlu wrote:The biggest reason supporting the far-future date is the motion of the stars (such as epsilon Scorpii and alpha Ophiuchi). For the constellations to have changed noticeably requires at least thousands of years of motion, and with the pixel sizes here only gives an estimate good to maybe a thousand years. Once you have an estimated range you can use the periodic motions of the planets and axial precession to get a better estimate.

I agree. It is possible that GLR has done the projection manually, and accidentally shifted the base-image by a few degrees north beforehand. That would have the same effect, but it would be quite a coincidence. I am hunching for the far-future date, and that's why I'm trying to rule out earlier dates by the positions of planets alone.

Edit: Oh, I misunderstood. I didn't even realize that individual stars had moved (ε Scorpi is impressively dramatic.) That seals the case for far-future. Now to see if there are any other dates besides 13291-04-10.

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Far from the shore

Postby AluisioASG » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:59 pm UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:Hi to all.
Back to the desert.

Yeah. Sure. Back to the desert with a bunch of rocks, huh?
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:59 pm UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:
Eutychus wrote:
TheMinim wrote:Back on page 199 there is talk of the text directly beneath the name. It is fairly interesting talk.
So does anyone have a quick and simple way of reaching page 199?

Just popped in for a second to help a tribe member.

At the top of any page, look for text like this:

Click on the last bit: Page xxx of yyy. You will get a form to fill in with a page number.

Hi to all.
Back to the desert.

Thanks for that. You're welcome here anytime.

Valarya wrote:
mscha wrote:I think we can safely say that there is no way Time takes place in a consistent, present-day Earth, place and time.

I like your analysis and since I was such a major Africanist, what with the Baobabs, the flora/fauna, squirpies and other things.. now hearing that the stars are pointing to the Northern Hemisphere makes me feel like we're all just being 100% nerd-sniped by GLR and we'll never guess their location because it's a place that doesn't truly exist. Then again, I think about how much attention Randall pays to detail (especially on his What-Ifs) that I feel doubtful he'd throw the trail this hard.
Like BlitzGirl, I'm just tired of the speculation and am ready for the Long Night to be over, no matter how beautiful it is. :? I need a new lesson in...
Spoiler:
Waiting for It.

Maybe the specific stuff is supposed to be a different kind of clue. Not completely sure to what, but then maybe we don't know enough yet. (But that's what the start of finding out looks like.)

Edit ~~~~~~ Warning. There is a spoilering gif below. Approach with caution. Problematic gif removed, carry on. ~~~~~~
Last edited by SBN on Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:50 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

ggh

Postby ggh » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:00 pm UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:
Eutychus wrote:
TheMinim wrote:Back on page 199 there is talk of the text directly beneath the name. It is fairly interesting talk.
So does anyone have a quick and simple way of reaching page 199?

Just popped in for a second to help a tribe member.

Hi to all.
Back to the desert.

Ooh, I didn't know that Professor... it helps me too!

(and neat that you posted this as the GOAT.) :)

ETA: Hmm, I wonder if this guy ever got an answer.
Last edited by ggh on Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:04 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

spamjam

Postby spamjam » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:01 pm UTC

AQUARIONG

Eutychus

Postby Eutychus » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:02 pm UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:Just popped in for a second to help a tribe member.

Hi to all.
Back to the desert.

Thanks, that's even simpler. And what an honour to have been helped by such a legendary personage!
Be very careful about rectilinear assumptions. Raptors could be hiding there - ucim

Eutychus

Postby Eutychus » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:06 pm UTC

sidd wrote:That seals the case for far-future. Now to see if there are any other dates besides 13291-04-10.

I've asked this before, but I don't think any of the resident astronomers have answered: is it not just as possible (from an astronomical point of view) that it's in the far past?

/Still a Randallversalist
Be very careful about rectilinear assumptions. Raptors could be hiding there - ucim

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:08 pm UTC

HES wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Why is the night so LONG?

GLR is allowing us to emotionally connect with the character (cueball) through mutual boredom/frustration/longing

That worked for me about 33 newpix ago, but now I'm back to wanting him eaten by a raptorcat. I don't know how Megan stands it; 57 newpix alone with Cueball and I'm wishing death on him again. :?
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

edfel

Postby edfel » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:09 pm UTC

sidd wrote: It is possible that GLR has done the projection manually.

Having the time laps under the eye, I don't know how this could be even remotely possible to do with such a precision without working on it fulltime for two months.... and if there's one thing I'm pretty sure of about GLR [apart from the fact that he wouldn't let such an obvious parameter as the axis of rotation go random], is that he's not been idle for the last two months...
However, I really wonder how the mustard star managed to get in the way. Maybe he tested an option of his generating program to manually add stars? Or he deliberately added it there, so that he could remove it when we noticed it, thus confirming that this is intended to be an actual sky, and not only a pretty bunch of stars.
Waiting for it: Map of Time, same, no JS, Ages of Time.
Beginning a new story with every choice, no matter how small: Goodies.

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:36 pm UTC

Ketchup-ish!

kenmelken wrote:One Pix More
based on "One Day More" from Les Miserables
Note: because there are so many shifting characters and overlapping pieces in this one, I've also included in parenthesis which original characters from the play correspond to the given lyrics. Here is a link to the original lyrics, divided in exactly the same way as these are here.
Spoiler:
MSCHA (Valjean)
One pix more!
Another pix, another destiny.
Their never-ending quest to solve the Sea;
The Raptor-cat, strong and sublime,
Will surely come a second time.
One pix more!

CUEBALL (Marius)
I’m glad we both survived today.
How could I live if you’d not thwapped it?

CHRONOSDRAGON (Valjean)
One pix more.

CUEBALL & MEGAN (Marius & Cosette)
Tomorrow we could reach the top
(And then the Wiki will recap it).

LA PETITE (Eponine)
One more day all on my own.

Will there be folks at the top?

LA PETITE (Eponine)
One more day by the Sandcastle.

I was drawn to be with you.

LA PETITE (Eponine)
What my life's like: they don't know!

And I swear I’ll protect you!

LA PETITE (Eponine)
'Cuz they never saw me here!

Epic violins and key change!

BLUECRAB (Enjolras)
Three full pages full of math!

HAL9000 (Marius)
Better than those dumb decrees!

JJJDAVIDSON (Enjolras)
How do we get so off-topic?

JOVIALBARD (Marius)
Choose an empire, not a pope!

STRATPLAYER (Enjolras)
See the filks begin to form

HES (Marius)
Do I coma? Do I dare?

UCIM (Enjolras)
Will you wait for it with me?

ALL
The time is now, the ONG is here!

K.BOOKBINDER (Valjean)
One pix more!

RAZOR AGENT LMJB1964 (Javert)
One more pix to hunt down zombies,
We will nip them in the bud!
We will relocate the raptors,
They won’t feast upon our blood!

VALARYA (Valjean)
Cupcakes more!

BLITZGIRL & TAIXZO (Thenardiers)
Watch 'em as they lurk,
Posting from the past,
Give ‘em all a cheer
When they catch up at last!
Never do we skip,
Everything we touch
We are the true Blitzers
So we don’t miss much!

2 Groups: RANDALLVERSISTS & AFRICANISTS
1: This pic proves it’s all a fiction!

2: Too specific snakes and trees!

1: Baobabs and squirrels don’t match

2: Don’t forget the leopard cat!

1: There's a new world called Cassini

2: It’s our SAME world—Africa!

ALL
Do you hear the Yappo sing?

KENMELKEN (Marius)
My place is here, I wait with you!

BUFFYGIRL (Valjean)
One hat more!

Epic finale key change and overlapping reprises/variations of the earlier sections:

CUEGAN (Marius & Cosette)
I’m glad that we survived today.

LA PETITE (Eponine)
One more day all on my own!

CUEBALL (Marius)
How could I live if you’d not thwapped it?

ETERNAL DENSITY (Javert)
Cue & Megan are our heroes
We will follow where they go
We will learn their little Secrets,
We will know the things they know.

RULE110 (Valjean)
One pix more!

Tomorrow we could reach the top

LA PETITE (Eponine)
What my life's like--they don't know!

PATZER (Marius & Cosette)
And then the Wiki will recap it!

RAZOR AGENT LMJB1964 (Javert)
One more pix to hunt down zombies,
We will nip them in the bud!
We will relocate the raptors!

BLITZGIRL & TAIXZO (Thenardiers)
Watch 'em as they lurk,
Posting from the past,
Give ‘em all a cheer
When they catch up at last!

KIERYN (Valjean)
Each newpix watch the OTC
Each newpix write the OTT

ALL
Each newpix we'll discover
What the one true author has in store!
One more frame
One more pix
Oooooone piiiiiiiix mooooooooooooore!

Link to youtube of original.

OMR, this totally gave me chills!!!!

yappobiscuits wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:I love that Taixzo and I are the Thénardiers. Image

Teehee, yes :P
Spoiler:

Except that the child between them is supposed to be Cosette, not Eponine...

SBN wrote:
Spoiler:
higgs-boson wrote:You have a point there.

But if there is one webcomic designer/blogger out there in the world, who may keep tabs on scientific accuracy of even the background of his panels I am pretty sure whom I would place my money on.
(let's hope Whizbang'S dark circle is a new moon and places Time to something more ... nearby.)

Nearby enough that the new moon sets ~3 hours after sunset?
I get the first point, but why do the stars get more weight than the baobab? We know where those are, we might even know specifically which tree that weird one that probably knows what it is doing is. We either have to fit the rest of time to that, or we have to find the explanation for why it doesn't fit.

I admit it, I've been a Madagascarist based entirely on the Baobab factor. But for me, what the stars tell us does, indeed, trump the Baobabs. I guess because they are an even more "permanent" reality than the baobabs. Thus, I am now a Randalversist.

yappobiscuits wrote:Now I'm imagining Wallace and Gromit as Frodo and Sam... "The ring, Gromit! We've forgotten the ring!"

Ok, I can totally hear their voices there. Perfect!

macraw83 wrote:
Spoiler:
Blitz progress: 660 of 961
Back to the river, np 1439, found a frog

Bboz dr yndn-a
Doing some signposting.
hexasyllabical
posts, read at last.

Yet one more wip full of
outsider heresy
pushed me back even more
into the Past.

So, yeah. Another week of non-Blitzing has pushed me another 70 pages back. If I can't make a significant dent in my Blitz this wip, I might just skip over large chunks of what I've missed, it really sucks not being in the Present. By my count, there are 18 OtherComics that I haven't seen yet, because I want to experience them in real-time with the OTT.

BTW, macraw83, yours is one of my favourite BuffyDashery creations!

NoMouse

Postby NoMouse » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:36 pm UTC

Eutychus wrote:
sidd wrote:That seals the case for far-future. Now to see if there are any other dates besides 13291-04-10.

I've asked this before, but I don't think any of the resident astronomers have answered: is it not just as possible (from an astronomical point of view) that it's in the far past?

I'm not an astronomer (just sky-stitcher) but I guess the stars would be moving the other way so they would be even more misplaced. I am also pretty sure, that our astronomers has tested this option.
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

sidd

Postby sidd » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:41 pm UTC

edfel wrote: ...mustard star...

... as it turns out, was Zeta Sagittarii B, and not mustard at all. The real mystery is why it was removed.
NoMouse wrote:
Spoiler:
Eutychus wrote:

I'm not an astronomer (just sky-stitcher) but I guess the stars would be moving the other way so they would be even more misplaced. I am also pretty sure, that our astronomers has tested this option.

Exactly right. The stars that Etaoin mentioned have moved relative to their constellations, and their movement is consistent with roughly 10k years into the future. It wouldn't work any other way.

Sciscitor

Postby Sciscitor » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:51 pm UTC

FWIW I checked out Stellarium and can confirm that it does take the precession of earth's axis into account.
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:58 pm UTC

buffygirl wrote:Except that the child between them is supposed to be Cosette, not Eponine...

I knowww, I just figured LaPetite was the most appropriate character swap (ignoring the filk), little French girl an' all that... ;)

BlitzGirl wrote:
HES wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Why is the night so LONG?

GLR is allowing us to emotionally connect with the character (cueball) through mutual boredom/frustration/longing

That worked for me about 33 newpix ago, but now I'm back to wanting him eaten by a raptorcat. I don't know how Megan stands it; 57 newpix alone with Cueball and I'm wishing death on him again. :?

Hmm, maybe this would please you...
Spoiler:

Redundaspoiler
Spoiler:
redundakitty2.jpg

cue-f-o 1.png

cue-f-o 2.png

cue-f-o 3.png
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

spamjam

Postby spamjam » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:00 pm UTC

EQUULEUSONG

mscha

Postby mscha » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:01 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Hmm, maybe this would please you...
Spoiler:

⁴! Image
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

edfel

Postby edfel » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:07 pm UTC

sidd wrote:

... as it turns out, was Zeta Sagittarii B, and not mustard at all. The real mystery is why it was removed.

oops, indeed, I must have missed that part of the discussion. I've just realized that 30 minutes ago, and instead of looking in the OTT, I took all the time to patchwork a proof that it's indeed a non-mustard star.
The good point to all this, is that I'll be able to recognize Sagittarius whenever I see it, which raises my counter of known constellations to 3! (after the ursas [ae?])
And yes, the real mystery is still out there...

yappobiscuits wrote:
Spoiler:

Great!
Waiting for it: Map of Time, same, no JS, Ages of Time.
Beginning a new story with every choice, no matter how small: Goodies.

NoMouse

Postby NoMouse » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:11 pm UTC

sidd wrote:

That star is 88 ly away from us. If it went supernova, it could could affect the Earth in some way. (Un)fortunately, that star doesn't seem to be a supernova candidate. At least according to Wikipedia.

Also, new theory!
What if the Sun suddenly switches off and this night will never end?
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

kenmelken

Postby kenmelken » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:23 pm UTC

edfel wrote:According to Stellarium (I don't know if it takes into account earth slowing down and whatsnot... let's just assume it does or that GLR uses the same software), and if my time prediction for Venus is correct (with the 4h margin), the the longitudes at which the sun sets at the right time are between 37°W and 158°W. With the 39-40°N latitude, we have a strip crossing North America from east to west, with the curent location of New York slightly to the north and Los Angeles to the south. Btw, how much continental drift would have happened by the time?
Spoiler:
strip.png

Whoa! ketching up. Don't know if this is still a supposed approximation of their location, but if it is, it includes me!!!! And we do have mountains, snakes, squirrels, mountain lions... hm.... everything but baobabs.
In Svithjod, there stands a rock. It is 100 miles high and 100 miles wide. Once every 1000 years a little bird comes to this rock to sharpen its beak. One time, I changed just the last sentence of this signature, and lots of you noticed. Image

mscha

Postby mscha » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:25 pm UTC

ESTRONGEDNESS...

-- posted by newpixbot
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

TimeLurker

Postby TimeLurker » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:25 pm UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:<snip>
Hi to all.
Back to the desert.

But we have cake here in the OTT. :wink:

And I'm with BlitzGirl. Cueball is not enough for me alone (unless he's in mortal danger). Meagan and exploration keep me coming back.
Voice of the Silent
Owner of the contents of Cueball's head
Lurking Time-Ninja of the Past-Post

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:29 pm UTC

Is newpixbot rogue-ONGing?

NoMouse

Postby NoMouse » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:29 pm UTC

Meteor!

Or UFO.
Last edited by NoMouse on Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:30 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

---

Postby AluisioASG » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:30 pm UTC

newpixbot wrote:ESTRANGEDNESS...
Spoiler:

I wish @("the night to end", "a beta reader for not-so-related stuff", "PowerShell to startup faster", "Metro to not hang and make me reset the computer").
Last edited by AluisioASG on Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:42 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

spamjam

Postby spamjam » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:34 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Is newpixbot rogue-ONGing?

Looks like the same picture with a different hash. ?!?!?!?

From mscha's server:
2440 2013-06-29 19:00 xkcd_time_20130629_1900.png 9e02de93d54ed778fa9f8787ed04315d3b86e88a722f2dc05de5e1bf531c9edd
2441 2013-06-29 19:20 xkcd_time_20130629_1920.png 04de32cf158c516e8b517e3b615a58d74ad2c4bc1624e595a5ad8317bbb1b32b
Last edited by spamjam on Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:36 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:35 pm UTC

Not exactly the same (meteor)... was the meteor added retroactively like mustard? Or did we genuinely get a newpix 35 outside minutes early? O.o
Last edited by yappobiscuits on Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:37 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

NoMouse

Postby NoMouse » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:36 pm UTC

IceIsNice on np968 wrote:A little disappointed not to see any meteors yet. Just one streaking across -- that isn't too much to ask for, is it?

ttscp on np969 wrote:The storyteller in me also agrees that it is time to move on. Let's have sunrise, a meteor, a molpy (that they can defend against), or something.

There you have it. Happy now? :)

spamjam

Postby spamjam » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:37 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Not exactly the same (meteor)

Ooh! Good catch. Pretty faint though. Wonder if we caught just the end. I wonder how long this frame will be up. I bet it's gone in the next few minutes. Or could there have been other frames??? How often does newpixbot check?
Last edited by spamjam on Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:39 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Eutychus

Postby Eutychus » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:38 pm UTC

NoMouse wrote:Meteor!

Yes, but after my premature (but prescient) "discovery" of a star that turned out to be dust on my monitor, I had to check it wasn't cat hair.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:39 pm UTC

spamjam wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:Not exactly the same (meteor)

Ooh! Good catch. I was wondering if we'd see meteor(s). I wonder how long this frame will be up. I bet it's gone in the next few minutes.

Ahh yes, could be that GLR only wants to show the meteor for a short while so is mustarding it in for a bit...

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:40 pm UTC

WHOAH! METEORMOLPY!
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, Vytron, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

NoMouse

Postby NoMouse » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:40 pm UTC

*looking at the rest of the discussion* Wow, it wasn't there from the beginning? So does this count as a new newpix?

Whizbang
The Best Reporter

Postby Whizbang » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:40 pm UTC

Well I, for one, welcome our new meteoric overlords.

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:44 pm UTC

Must... not... give... up... Must... not... give... up... Not... yet... Blimey... this... thread... is... enormous...
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

Bay

Postby Bay » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:45 pm UTC

imgs.xkcd.c o m/comics/time/924dfaf95e46a0433460ae5937d92dd33b7a1bf205d0e16d785e3637c666ce25.png

Did anyone catch any of the other frames? They went by so fast!

NoMouse

Postby NoMouse » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:45 pm UTC

Also, Cueball has moved (and Megan moved her leg). So it should count as a new newpix. Or half-newpix?

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”