1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

BlitzGirl the First Returneth

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:05 am UTC

I'm back!
Hello again, everybody! ImageNice to see most of y'all are still here, though perhaps scattered through Time a bit. Au revoir and best of luck to Aluisio, who hopefully will lurk in here occasionally. I look forward to seeing mscha again tomorrip, as well. I have some specific pastpost responses to get to, but I'll save those for now. Seems the OTT had a touch of the Madness after I left, but I've grown used to that. Image

HES wrote:Blitzgirl, see what happens when you leave us?
fhorn wrote:I think BlitzGirl might have had some soothing words to smooth over our ruffled feathers, were she here.

Spoiler:
I'll do my best! (Feel free to skip my seaish ramblings about the OTT if desired.)

Okay, let's start with the basics. The OTT is a crazy place even during the best of Times, but those of us who are regulars are used to a certain level of crazy (call it the known Sea level, for fun). During the Journey Eon the steady traveling pace of the One True Comic made us accustomed to calm. We had more Time to do some giffing, ottify songs and poems, make Time fanart and ENHANCES (both real and fake), hide redundakitties, and come up with newwords at our leisure.

Minor events in the OTC make things a bit rougher on the Thread of Time. Significant molpy sightings, for example (think the pokeymolp and the Death of Flutterbee), lead more of the regular posters to comment, and the OTT moves a little faster. Encountering the Beanies might be grouped under this category. The speculations and songs we serve up in idle Times are often secondary thoughts, and posts about the newest little blip of excitement are front and center. In the Journey Eon, when Cuegan settled down to travelling once more, these little events would often inspire even more of the fun fare OTTers like to exhibit.

Then we have the major events of the One True Comic, which make the base crazy-level of the OTT rise quite rapidly (think The Fading and the Raptorcat Attack). These climactic events cause not just the regulars to want to comment more than usual, but cause newbies and lurkers to spring out of the webwork (Hi, newbies and lurkers!) and join the fun. The Sea of posting gets ever more seaish: ninjas left and right, newposts bumping popes and hurling out of the mod queue left and right! These Times are very rough on blitzers, who find themselves further behind than expected with no idea why, and even regulars who find their usual ketchup is five times as seaish as usual. Rosetta's hairdo ex machina moment is one of these...and the level has not settled. It is still rising, and tension on the OTT stays high, and newcomers keep popping in, and newpages keep counting up...

What I'm trying to say is, our crazy level is currently higher than ever before, leaving many of the regulars of the Journey Eon adrift, frantically swimming, barely managing to tread water, or even submerged under the drama. It's pretty brutal. These are the Times when we lose friendly OTTers who can't keep up, or who are stymied by ketchup. In the struggle to keep apace with the Madness, more of our leisure activities are lost: TimeWaiters stranded amid the pastposts will not be as inclined to contribute, and the burden is left to those in the Present, who may be busy tending to newcomers and their questions.

Though things may be crazy in the One True Thread right now, know this: You are not alone. The beauty of this needle-pulled thing is that it has made us a community. We have become a People who share the experience of Cuegan's travels through Time. If we feel down, there are always other OTTers to help us molpy up again. Even if at this moment you feel alone and overwhelmed, it is best to follow the First Commandment and Wait for it. A blitzer might come along and recognize something wowterful in one of your pastposts; a particularly charming ottification might be posted that uplifts your spirits. Perhaps you need to lurk for a while to regain your confidence in the One True Comic. That's okay. Time may Wait on no one, but you can be sure that there is an OTTer or a newpixbot somewhere collecting each frame of it for you to see somedip.

As for me, I'm just going to ride the crazywave for as long as I can, perhaps until the end of Time...or even beyond that.
After all, the future's pretty cool! Race you there!
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

a_s_h_e_n

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby a_s_h_e_n » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:07 am UTC

Eutychus wrote:Last persONG

Spoiler:

And molpy up.

And, this is getting sinister.

So they won't be returning by the same path; are they not heading back to the Beanies?

ETA Papal decree: discuss alternate evac points for Cuegan and the 40.
Tock: Look, son, it's bad enough wasting time without killing it.

Nilpferdschaf

Postby Nilpferdschaf » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:08 am UTC

Spoiler:
Eutychus wrote:Last persONG

And molpy up.

And, this is getting sinister.

They can't be far from home now. How far do you think his parents would let him go away on his own. A few km maybe?

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:10 am UTC

Latent22 wrote: OTVO Voting Time!
Spoiler:
Vote for your favorite Cuegen Combination.
Results will be posted Here

To vote just quote the first few lines and state the combination you like best
This time we have them all combined into pairs and currently have 10 versions you can listen to.
They are in video form and have the OTC frames sequenced in as well so you get to see how the voices fit with in.
Also to refresh your memory here is the results from last round of voteing

C1M2 C1M3
C5M2 C5M3
C6M2 C6M3
C8M2 C8M3
C9M2 C9M3

All

This last link allows you to view them all by going left/right at the bottom. Note the file name is in the bottom left corner.

Thanks

Results:

Ahh...much as I want to vote for myself, I think C6 M3 is the best combo.

BlitzGirl wrote:
I'm back!
Hello again, everybody! Image
Spoiler:
Nice to see most of y'all are still here, though perhaps scattered through Time a bit. Au revoir and best of luck to Aluisio, who hopefully will lurk in here occasionally. I look forward to seeing mscha again tomorrip, as well. I have some specific pastpost responses to get to, but I'll save those for now. Seems the OTT had a touch of the Madness after I left, but I've grown used to that. Image

HES wrote:Blitzgirl, see what happens when you leave us?
fhorn wrote:I think BlitzGirl might have had some soothing words to smooth over our ruffled feathers, were she here.

I'll do my best! (Feel free to skip my seaish ramblings about the OTT if desired.)

Okay, let's start with the basics. The OTT is a crazy place even during the best of Times, but those of us who are regulars are used to a certain level of crazy (call it the known Sea level, for fun). During the Journey Eon the steady traveling pace of the One True Comic made us accustomed to calm. We had more Time to do some giffing, ottify songs and poems, make Time fanart and ENHANCES (both real and fake), hide redundakitties, and come up with newwords at our leisure.

Minor events in the OTC make things a bit rougher on the Thread of Time. Significant molpy sightings, for example (think the pokeymolp and the Death of Flutterbee), lead more of the regular posters to comment, and the OTT moves a little faster. Encountering the Beanies might be grouped under this category. The speculations and songs we serve up in idle Times are often secondary thoughts, and posts about the newest little blip of excitement are front and center. In the Journey Eon, when Cuegan settled down to travelling once more, these little events would often inspire even more of the fun fare OTTers like to exhibit.

Then we have the major events of the One True Comic, which make the base crazy-level of the OTT rise quite rapidly (think The Fading and the Raptorcat Attack). These climactic events cause not just the regulars to want to comment more than usual, but cause newbies and lurkers to spring out of the webwork (Hi, newbies and lurkers!) and join the fun. The Sea of posting gets ever more seaish: ninjas left and right, newposts bumping popes and hurling out of the mod queue left and right! These Times are very rough on blitzers, who find themselves further behind than expected with no idea why, and even regulars who find their usual ketchup is five times as seaish as usual. Rosetta's hairdo ex machina moment is one of these...and the level has not settled. It is still rising, and tension on the OTT stays high, and newcomers keep popping in, and newpages keep counting up...

What I'm trying to say is, our crazy level is currently higher than ever before, leaving many of the regulars of the Journey Eon adrift, frantically swimming, barely managing to tread water, or even submerged under the drama. It's pretty brutal. These are the Times when we lose friendly OTTers who can't keep up, or who are stymied by ketchup. In the struggle to keep apace with the Madness, more of our leisure activities are lost: TimeWaiters stranded amid the pastposts will not be as inclined to contribute, and the burden is left to those in the Present, who may be busy tending to newcomers and their questions.

Though things may be crazy in the One True Thread right now, know this: You are not alone. The beauty of this needle-pulled thing is that it has made us a community. We have become a People who share the experience of Cuegan's travels through Time. If we feel down, there are always other OTTers to help us molpy up again. Even if at this moment you feel alone and overwhelmed, it is best to follow the First Commandment and Wait for it. A blitzer might come along and recognize something wowterful in one of your pastposts; a particularly charming ottification might be posted that uplifts your spirits. Perhaps you need to lurk for a while to regain your confidence in the One True Comic. That's okay. Time may Wait on no one, but you can be sure that there is an OTTer or a newpixbot somewhere collecting each frame of it for you to see somedip.

As for me, I'm just going to ride the crazywave for as long as I can, perhaps until the end of Time...or even beyond that.
After all, the future's pretty cool! Race you there!

Sincerest gratitudes for the encouraging words, BlitzGirl! Randall knows we need them in these trying times...

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:12 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:EnterONG the gate:

The chap with the big hat is regular folk, for he's "sat out on the stoop like regular folk".
Do I have this phrase from Larson? EDIT (quite a dangerous thing to do while you're avoiding spoilers) just remembered, it's from Firesign Theatre. er Clem.

Prediction: this hut is just a gatehouse. The city is much bigger. (If you can call it a prediction when it's about the past)
Last edited by Exodies on Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:34 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:14 am UTC

Flotter wrote:I wonder if this is the man who speaks in many tongues. The person the Beanies drew looked like he had manes, so it's probably a (very) bearded man. Maybe he just had a shave.

{P1097}
More likely to be cancer treatment induced hair loss.

Charm Quark

Postby Charm Quark » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:18 am UTC

Anyone else think this is a huge clue about Cuegan's relationship? Cueball tells Megan that he always used to come out to this rock when he was little...does this mean they did not know one another closely from a young age? Seems to point strongly in the bff/couple direction and away from the sibling theory.

ETA: Molpy dooowwwn

Last edited by Charm Quark on Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:24 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Lost forever in time...

dm214

Re: BlitzGirl, BlitzGirl the First, Returneth

Postby dm214 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:19 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
I'm back!

…and our beloved leader BlitzGirl is back.
jpeg.jpg

BlitzGirl wrote:[…] leaving many of the regulars of the Journey Eon adrift, frantically swimming, barely managing to tread water, or even submerged under the drama. It's pretty brutal. These are the Times when we lose friendly OTTers who can't keep up, or who are stymied by ketchup. In the struggle to keep apace with the Madness, more of our leisure activities are lost: TimeWaiters stranded amid the pastposts will not be as inclined to contribute, and the burden is left to those in the Present, who may be busy tending to newcomers and their questions.

This is why I suggested a podcast (and someone suggested a blog, which I'm more inclined to do) a while back.
Let's see… is it Tuesday already? Yes? Ok, gotta start making some notes.
I read, I summarize, I bring cakes. I likely won't answer if you call.

*Kat*

Postby *Kat* » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:21 am UTC

Charm Quark wrote:Anyone else think this is a huge clue about Cuegan's relationship? Cueball tells Megan that he always used to come out to this rock when he was little...does this mean they did not know one another closely from a young age? Seems to point strongly in the bff/couple direction and away from the sibling theory.

I've always taken it for granted that they are a couple. Cueball and Megan are a couple in all the other comics. And VERY early XKCD comics make it clear that Megan was Randall's love interest. We've been seeing more of Megan since Randall married. So to recap, I've always taken it for granted that Cueball is Randall and Megan is his wife.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:29 am UTC

Thanks for the cake, dm214! It's good to be back! :D
We've had a blog proposal before (podcast suggestion is neat, too) but that would be a seaish amount of work for whoever chose to do it!

*Kat* wrote:
Charm Quark wrote:Anyone else think this is a huge clue about Cuegan's relationship? Cueball tells Megan that he always used to come out to this rock when he was little...does this mean they did not know one another closely from a young age? Seems to point strongly in the bff/couple direction and away from the sibling theory.

I've always taken it for granted that they are a couple. Cueball and Megan are a couple in all the other comics. And VERY early XKCD comics make it clear that Megan was Randall's love interest. We've been seeing more of Megan since Randall married. So to recap, I've always taken it for granted that Cueball is Randall and Megan is his wife.

I hope Cueball isn't GLR, stranded in the year 13291 at the bottom of what was once the Mediterranean. :wink:
And I tend to agree, Charm Quark - Megan and Cueball might not have been raised together, instead meeting sometime after childhood. But then, I am a Cuegan shipper. :mrgreen:

Cueball's childhood:

Redundant:
Spoiler:

Keywords: Cueball youth child childhood rock friend rockuegan love BGUM age
CueballsYouth.png
CueballsYouth.png (5.78 KiB) Viewed 11967 times

redundant41.png
redundant41.png (201.91 KiB) Viewed 11967 times
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:13 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

wizpretz

Postby wizpretz » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:33 am UTC

I like C6 and M3.

Latent22

Re: BlitzGirl the First Returneth

Postby Latent22 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:34 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
I'm back!

Welcome back. Hope you had a great wedding! And yeah the flow of the OTT is much changed because of the changes in the OTC. Also seems like its so near the end now as we reach the final act of the story. Though it would be amazing if he was able to keep it going and show the story of the Cuegen's discovering more about the greater world. But maybe it has to end even just to save GLR's sanity.

I've been thinking about how he came up with the OTC. I think he probably came across the Mediterranean drying up and flooding again thing and though to himself "That's so cool. Imagine all that water returning back again. Wouldn't it be amazing to be there when that happened. Would people have settled the reclaimed land and then get wiped out when it flooded?". And then he thought he should make a xkcd about it and thought of some ideas but he couldn't express it in a xkcd strip. So he thought maybe he should right a story or something but then remembered how bad he was at that at school. And then the light-bulb turned on (And his friend said "What the chirp are you doing in your basement with no light on Randall") and he thought why not make an ever changing story out of a XKCD comic. Can't just make a movie because that's been done before and I don't have the time to do a whole chirpen movie right now. Why not just make a comic that changes and I will build my story as I go. I'll make it update every 30 minutes. It'll drive them crazy! And 5 days after he released it he found he was going crazy instead so changed it to 1 hour updates to keep ahead of it. And thus time began!

Oh and vote for the OTVO thing Blitzgirl!

ETA: And thanks for the Redundakitties! We have missed them horribly!
Last edited by Latent22 on Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:40 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

Fictioneer

Postby Fictioneer » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:37 am UTC

It sure is nice to see you, Blitzgirl, and the return of the redundakitties again! Now I can Molpy Down, content.

Spoiler:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lfozg8tool1qzj2i2o1_400.jpg

*Kat*

Postby *Kat* » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:40 am UTC

I think the 40 have already been killed. Remember a while back, just before Cuegan encountered the Beanies? They were speculating about their sand castle and what happened to it. Then Randall flashed back and SHOWED us the place where the Sandcastle was. But instead of land, there was just water and floating on the water was La Petite's cap. Or at least that's what it looked like to me.

That doesn't bode well for the rest of the 40.

Edit: spelling correction.
Last edited by *Kat* on Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:44 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

frakhorsestaplers

Postby frakhorsestaplers » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:42 am UTC

To vote just quote the first few lines and state the combination you like best
This time we have them all combined into pairs and currently have 10 versions you can listen to.

C6M3 sounds the best to me.

ETA:
I think the 40 have already been killed. Remember a while back, just before Cuegan encountered the Beanies? They were speculating about their sand castle and what happened to it. Then Randall flashed back and SHOWED us the place where the Sandcastle was. But instead of land, there was just water and floating on the water was La Petite's cap. Or at least that's what it looked like to me.

LaPetite looks like this:

Spoiler:

Their hat is clear in the middle, with a bump on the top.

The thing floating in the ocean looks like this:

Spoiler:

It is opaque, with what looks like a handle. It might not be LaPetite's hat.
Last edited by frakhorsestaplers on Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:53 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:44 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Lawsome wrote:What is the purpouse of the "redundant" spoilers?

Long story - I used to use an outside image hosting site to upload pictures, but some of the readers of the thread could not see the images because their work filters were snagging on them. So I decided to make sure that anyone able to read the thread would also be able to see the images, which meant uploading attachments directly into the posts. The problem with this is that the uploaded attachments sometimes render oddly (particularly if they're gifs) and cannot be quoted directly. To sidestep those issues, I copy the direct url for the image from the attachment, wrap that in image tags, and put it in my post. Voila, visible, quotable, image.

The one hangup of this convoluted method is that the wonky attachment still has to be in the post somewhere. So I usually place it inline and hide it with a spoiler tag. To save people the trouble of clicking just to see a redundant image, I label the spoiler "redundant." But I know that some people (myself included) like to check all the spoiler tags in this thread just to make sure they've read it all, so I started putting little lolcat easter eggs (a.k.a. "redundakitties") in my redundant spoilers. And that's the whole crazy story. :D

{P1097}
Why don't you edit an old Spoiler Of Redundancy and add the images to that, rather than creating a new one each time?

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:47 am UTC

Exodies wrote:{P1097}
Why don't you edit an old Spoiler Of Redundancy and add the images to that, rather than creating a new one each time?

Well the old spoiler would get very full very quickly and it takes two edits to post something which may take twice as long! Also a blitzer may read the spoiler and see many things from the future they don't want to see!

Nilpferdschaf

Postby Nilpferdschaf » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:48 am UTC

*Kat* wrote:

It's more likely the black frame was GLR showing us that we just skipped the night. The previous flashback had a completely white frame before and after it. Cuegan announced they were going to rest by the tower, but we didn't see them rest there. Just the black frame.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:53 am UTC

Fictioneer wrote:It sure is nice to see you, Blitzgirl, and the return of the redundakitties again! Now I can Molpy Down, content.

Aw, nice to see y'all, too! :)

Latent22 wrote:Oh and vote for the OTVO thing Blitzgirl!

Ooh, I'm finally around for some voting! :D
Hmm, I was torn, but I think my vote goes to C9M3.

*Kat* wrote:But instead of land, there was just water and floating on the water was La Petit's cap.

Uh, what? You mean the bucket?
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

tavella

Postby tavella » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:54 am UTC

a_s_h_e_n wrote:So they won't be returning by the same path; are they not heading back to the Beanies?

They don't want to go back that way; that would be asking to be drowned. This is a bathymetric map of the region, which I marked up with the information from the Beanie map and projection of various locations and paths. They took the winding black dotted path to the Beanies, they are taking the brown path straight across the dunes and hills of the Rhone Fan, and the way they want to evacuate their people is straight up the main ridge of the Fan and then across the bay-to-be-- it will be months before the water finishes filling the rest of the Eastern and Western Med and gets up there.

Spoiler:
TimeTerrainMap.png
Last edited by tavella on Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:56 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

*Kat*

Postby *Kat* » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:56 am UTC

Nilpferdschaf wrote:
*Kat* wrote:

It's more likely the black frame was GLR showing us that we just skipped the night. The previous flashback had a completely white frame before and after it. Cuegan announced they were going to rest by the tower, but we didn't see them rest there. Just the black frame.

I'm not sure we are on the same frame here. I'm referring to frames 2614-2621.

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:57 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Latent22 wrote:Oh and vote for the OTVO thing Blitzgirl!

Ooh, I'm finally around for some voting! :D
Hmm, I was torn, but I think my vote goes to C9M3.

Yeah I should get C9 to do his Pirate Cueball version. Then we can make it into a movie: OTC: Pirates of the Mediterranean

Random832

Re: dOwNG the hill

Postby Random832 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:00 am UTC

NetWeasel wrote:Sea rising? Don't think that'll be a problem.
Sea rising high enough that we need to move to higher ground? A tougher sell; it's never done it before in our recorded history.
Sea rising high enough that we need to move to REALLY higher ground? Now you're just being extremist.
Spoiler:
Sea rising A MILE OVER OUR HEADS?????? (Maybe they ought not start with that part...)

I'm hoping that it's an easy sell on the basis of "It's already higher by an unprecedented amount, and doesn't seem to be slowing down any, and we found some people who told us where they think it's going to stop." - i.e. they find their tribe already thinking it's the end of the world, and "it's going to stop after rising a couple miles" is good news.

*Kat*

Postby *Kat* » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:03 am UTC

New Pix is up.....where's the Pixbot?

*Kat*

Postby *Kat* » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:04 am UTC

*Kat* wrote:But instead of land, there was just water and floating on the water was La Petit's cap.

Uh, what? You mean the bucket?
Spoiler:
[/quote]

Yeah, I guess that is a bucket. Sorry!

spamjam

Postby spamjam » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:04 am UTC

NOTPIXBOTONG

xpatiate

Postby xpatiate » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:06 am UTC

Uh oh...

Nice work on the OTVO, Latent22! C6 and M3 for me too. Did we really end up with only two Megans? And funny how every single Cueball dropped the "river" from "This river doesn't look like that" :)

*Kat*

Postby *Kat* » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:06 am UTC

Is it just me or are these frames coming faster?

dm214

BTTF

Postby dm214 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:07 am UTC

Newposts:

Kurt1190 wrote:Just de-lurking to express my appreciation to Randall for the OTC. I’ve followed it since the first day and seen it go through a number of phase changes. Some of them caused my jaw to drop. It has gone from building sand castles to a truly cataclysmic event. I can only wonder where he will take it next.

I'm pretty sure it involves buckets.

Jokern wrote:Delurker here! o/
Have followed the OTC since start, and have followed the OTT sporadically since the start but more since they encountered the beanies. I think I've read every post since NP1180.

A comment on the discussion on what Rosetta knew about their tribe:
I think Rosetta was well informed of how the evacuation was going, she might even have a list of about how many people was evacuated. On this list there was no group of 40 from the general area they were from.

A few pages back there was alot of discussion of how you could build a dam too lower the level of the water and keep tabs on the salinity? What I'm wondering is why we put so much effort in trying to explain how to keep a good in-/outflow of water and salt? Isn't it obvious that this is not the case? I mean whatever is blocking the strait does not allow water to flow in/out.
What I'm wondering is does a solution to this puzzle give us information to if human were the cause of the dam?

ETA: also what is this?

About the flow discussion: that's what we do here. We *puts on sunglasses* derive.
About this: This? This is it.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:07 am UTC

Wait! Now that's more like it! :mrgreen:

(Newpixbot doesn't bring the newpix to the OTT until 10 minutesH pass, and only then if nobody else has posted the correct ONG.)
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

rmcurtis

Postby rmcurtis » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:08 am UTC

spamjam wrote:NOTPIXBOTONG
Spoiler:

No, don't wait, RUN.

Argh, I'll have to wait until the mornix to see what the chirp she's talking about...
or should that be RUN until the mornix? No, coma, definitely coma.
Last edited by rmcurtis on Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:10 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Nilpferdschaf

Postby Nilpferdschaf » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:09 am UTC

*Kat* wrote:
Spoiler:
Nilpferdschaf wrote:
*Kat* wrote:

I'm not sure we are on the same frame here. I'm referring to frames 2614-2621.

Oh sorry, you're right. Anyway, I still think they could have avoided drowning. If the sea has only risen by a few meters they could have easily avoided drowning just by going uphill a bit. Assuming the first flashback showed the same camera angle, they should have been able to get away from it easily without getting drowned, even if the water rose quite quickly.

spamjam

Postby spamjam » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:09 am UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:One thing the fora software doesn't do well is make the signatures easy to skip. So when a siggy is very long it gets in the way, especially when the post it is attached to is very short.

Sure it does. User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit Display Options > Display Signatures. Although that's not an *easy* method to toggle signature display, which is maybe what you meant.

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:09 am UTC

xpatiate wrote:Uh oh...

Nice work on the OTVO, Latent22! C6 and M3 for me too. Did we really end up with only two Megans? And funny how every single Cueball dropped the "river" from "This river doesn't look like that" :)

Yeah mistake in the script text stuffed that one up. Didn't notice it till we had most of the samples in already!

Wonder if their is a 50 foot wave coming in stage right?

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:10 am UTC

*Kat* wrote:Is it just me or are these frames coming faster?

It's just you. :wink:
But Time flies when you're on the RUN!
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

spamjam

Postby spamjam » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:14 am UTC

keithl wrote:The OTC is either a Magnificent Artistic Achievement or a Gigantic Waste Of Time. So I hereby coin the acronym
MAA|GWOT
and take the blame for whatever heretical splinter religion that leads to.

I wonder ifwhen the NSA notices GWOT and that it means Gigantic Waste Of Time rather than Global War On Terror.

A yearH's worth of dailyH posts!
Last edited by spamjam on Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:15 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Arky

Postby Arky » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:15 am UTC

Arky wrote:I like the little detail of bits of (sand?) being thrown up as they run. It's the little things that have made the OTC such a joy.

So, apparently for (sand?) read (drops of water on ground which is already turning squishy).

a_s_h_e_n wrote:So they won't be returning by the same path; are they not heading back to the Beanies?

Judging from the Beanie map, assuming the home of the 40 is nearish to the sea in the general area of the river which comes down from the hills but is shown as not necessarily reaching the sea, the closest point of land is actually somewhere around the France-Spain border (on a current-day map) not far north-east of modern Barcelona, perhaps around Roses. It's probably only half the distance of the Chateau D'If and must be the planned evac point.

It may be that the topography makes a longer route smarter, but they don't have the knowledge or data to pull that off. Their plan must be to go for the closest possible point which the Beanies believe will be above the final waterline (and then keep RUNning so the big waves don't get them anyway!). Whether or not they get to go for it, we will see.
Veteran of the One True Thread. And now the Too True Thread?

dm214

Postby dm214 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:22 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:We've had a blog proposal before (podcast suggestion is neat, too) but that would be a seaish amount of work for whoever chose to do it!

I've noticed.
Notes.png
All that in just 6 hours.

Maybe some extra pairs of hands and eyes would be good.
Last edited by dm214 on Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:57 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

spamjam

Postby spamjam » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:40 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
*Kat* wrote:Is it just me or are these frames coming faster?

It's just you. :wink:
But Time flies when you're on the RUN!

I wonder if Paul McCartney is a Time Waiter? He just played Seattle a couple days ago. And yes, he's been playing "Band On The Run".

adnapemit

Postby adnapemit » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:45 am UTC

C6M3 they go really well together :D

And welcome back BlitzGirl!!!
Empress adnapemit "Nancy" "Time Panda"
[adnapemit|timepanda]
Does anyone actually read signatures?

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”