1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

StratPlayer

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby StratPlayer » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:33 am UTC

Wow! I still haven't fully ketchuped, but I'm once again amazed by the incredible outpouring of OTT songs, poetry, filks, and artisty. I humbly salute each and every one of you who has given so much creativity and awesomeness to this thread!!!!

And if you feel you haven't given anything? Or not been good enough in what you've done? Well, for you, now that the OTC is done, I think I'll tell you the same thing I once told TheMinim back on NP 745:

StratPlayer wrote:
TheMinim wrote:I'm not even sure what I'm doing here now... or what I add to the worthiness of the OTT...

"She's getting existential again"

You're Waiting. Just like all of us. And you "add to the worthiness" by simply being here. Your unique presence is all that is required, and it is a gift that is far, far greater than any other that might be offered -- be it song, image, poetry, or technical coding and analysis. Sharing your time with the OTT is the most wondrous thing you can share with us, for it is a part of who you are and part of the much-too-short span of mortal time that any of us are granted. Thank you for being here; thank you for Waiting with us. :)

Also:

pelrigg wrote:I told GLR that we would keep the T-shirt suggestion page up to date. Therefore, I humbly* suggest that any and all merchandise be posted on the wiki page Requested T-shirt slogans. That should include BlitzGirl's Tee, yappo's tees, there was a polo shirt with a Lucky emblem, BlitzGirl's Flame Emblem (I remember several folks saying "T-shirt, please"), and any other shirts and things which you remember saying "I'd wear that" or "drink from that". Please either enter them yourself on the wiki, or "search" your own posts and bring the suggestion forward for a wiki-warrior to post. This way if GLR does want to make Time stuff He's got a convenient place to look for suggestions. (Also, it would solve the copyright problem for us.)

Great idea. There are a LOT of awesome T-shirt suggestions, and I know almost all of OTT'ers want one or more.

And I can't help but imagine the frenzy and craziness that will happen once the shirts hit the fans... :wink:
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!

(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

Hel-G

Postby Hel-G » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:34 am UTC

OK, wanted to semi-ketchup before delurking and now it's seaishly well past coma-time here in CET. Wife will not be happy.

Wow. What a journey! I have been a fan of XKCD and the GLR for a long time, but the OTC leaves even Click and drag in the dust. A part of me still can't believe it has ended. I will never forget how i sneaked away from the family that Friday evening just to see a few more frames on the phone and then saw the terrible frame. Three days later, I have come to accept that it is over. The GLR's own words in the blag were some sort of consolation. Thank you Aubron for your viewer that was my portal the OTC the first months, and thanks to the people behind geekwagon that seemed to work better on the mobile I switched my reading to as the summer holiday started.

But I delurk mainly to say hello and thanks to the wowterful contributers to the OTT. I have not read it all, but someday I probably will. There are too many good things here. I had a bit of a backlog on XKCD itself after Easter, so when I found Time and consulted the forum, the OTT had already reached 10000 posts. I see from my browser history that I lurked very intermittently for the first months, but after the summer holiday began and I finally had time to read, I discovered more and more of what was going on here. The last weeks I read every newpage, hence semi-ketchuping. Keep it going!

Well. Wife has been up and complained (and rightly so...). Time to coma.

BlueCrab

Postby BlueCrab » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:41 am UTC

Firstpost, newpage 1193:
Jokern wrote:Delurker here! o/
Have followed the OTC since start, and have followed the OTT sporadically since the start but more since they encountered the beanies. I think I've read every post since NP1180.

A comment on the discussion on what Rosetta knew about their tribe:
I think Rosetta was well informed of how the evacuation was going, she might even have a list of about how many people was evacuated. On this list there was no group of 40 from the general area they were from.

A few pages back there was alot of discussion of how you could build a dam too lower the level of the water and keep tabs on the salinity? What I'm wondering is why we put so much effort in trying to explain how to keep a good in-/outflow of water and salt? Isn't it obvious that this is not the case? I mean whatever is blocking the strait does not allow water to flow in/out.
What I'm wondering is does a solution to this puzzle give us information to if human were the cause of the dam?

ETA: also what is this?

Hi Jokern! I can see that you've already written about 5 posts by the time I'm sending this up, but I couldn't find a post formally welcoming you to de-lurkerhood, so how about this? Welcome to the thread, thanks for coming in from the cold and joining us!

Short answer to your salinity-balance question: yes. :P Longer answer: we're trying to figure out how it might have been done so that we can figure out what might have gone wrong. Why? Because then we have possible directions for apocalypse scenario speculation. As for “ETA: what is this?” Sorry, I haven't got a clue. :wink:
Wiki Wiki Wiki Wiki Grapevine, Grapevine

"Kvetcher-upper" -- one who complains while ketchupping? - CasCat

“Pretty much everything tastes better if you eat it in the shower.” - ggh

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:43 am UTC

One more OTColored - well, more of a photomanip, and I know this frame has been done already - but when we see baoboabs, they are just an interesting tree. But Cuegan have lived down on the salt flats, where there is nothing taller than grass. So, I imagine they experienced it more like this:

Click for seaish version.

Redundant (no kitty, I don't have time to make one):
Spoiler:
No, really, I'm serious: there is no redundakitty here. Sorry.
wow_pandora.jpg
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

yappobiscuits

Ketchup Part 3

Postby yappobiscuits » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:50 am UTC

Slow thread today… May as well post my final lashings of today's Image
jovialbard wrote:As far as what I'm most proud of in the OTT, I think I was one of the first few OTTody writers. I wasn't the pioneer that BlitzGirl was, nor as prolific as StratPlayter, but I was the first to record an OTTody, so there's that!

Yeah! I think if you hadn't done the first recorded OTTody, I wouldn't have been so inspired to record so many of mine :mrgreen:
StratPlayer wrote:"Time II" will unfold using a series of frames stored at geohash locations, collected in order by deciphering clues from each previous frame in order to find the next.

It takes the OTT and sends it on the road!

It'll be the OTRT! (One True Road Trip)
Whizbang wrote:
Spoiler:

Image Awesomeful! Neat redundakitty too, surprised nobody did that one yet :P. Also, because I'm lazy, would you (or someone) mind telling me which original OtherComic that's based on?
AutoX65Vair wrote:I did create this OTTification of The Beatles’ “Eleanor Rigby” though I couldn’t include as much of the story as I wanted to. I hope it is enjoyed.

Megan and Cueball
Spoiler:
Megan and Cueball,
Picked up their packs for adventure where no one had been,
Or so it seemed.
Leaving their castle,
Determined to find out the source of the fast rising sea,
What could it be?

All the rising water, where does it all come from?
All the rising water, this trip shouldn’t take long…

Up river they trekked,
Finding new places and faces and molpys never seen before,
Some to watch out for.
The friendly Beanies,
Can’t understand but help them by taking them to one who can,
Rosetta missed their clan!

All the rising water, flows from a larger sea.
All the rising water, and the Cueganites don’t know to flee.

Ahh, they must run to save the people,

Cueball and Megan,
Rush home with the maps to help guide the people safely,
Away from the sea.
Cut off from land now,
The 40 have nowhere to go to excape from the waves,
LaPetit’s raft saves the day!

All the rising water, will carry them who knows where,
All the rising water, they’ll make a new home there.

Welcome! That was a fantastic ottification too! When I first set eyes on the post, I started reading the song before reading the opening paragraph to find out what you were ottifying, but instantly knew what it was from just the first couple of lines - so you can tell you did a good job!

Thanks for the smiley repository on 1300, BlitzGirl! I think you got them all. (Has anyone thought of speeding up the molpy army smileys so they bob their heads in time to molpy molpy molpy molpy grapevine grapevine?)
Valarya wrote:Can't wait until Image makes the new round of user-emoticons. ><

I've actually finished most of the second batch, I just got a bit distracted by all the excitement from meeting the Beanies up until T** E**. But worry not, work will resume on them!
dawnfire wrote:Just a quick post to gasp at how ridiculously good Blitzgirl and taixzo's colourings are and to jaw-drop at the One True Form poems. Somewhat humbled by the colourings and thinking I should probably give up my comparatively bland offerings!

Don't be silly, yours are some of the best!

BlitzGirl again - Thanks for the hi-res version of your Lucky colouration! Can really see all the lovely details now. It really is beautiful!
Last edited by yappobiscuits on Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:01 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:51 am UTC

Ketchuped up. Wow less than 10 pages and there's a sea of things I want to reply to.... (part two)

Second) I discovered I wasn't the only one to PM smolloy and give encouragement to keep posting in the same way. (I did say I was probably ninja'd.)

@SPACKlick Great graph work. Many others said there was still more of that type of thing to do.

@TimeLurker Yes a Browncoat in the making. Are you watching on-line or on DVD? Are you watching in order or FOXified (i.e. random)? Love "Out Of Gas". I quoted it recently (maybe "paraphrased" is a better word), but nobody bothered to ID it. :?

@Vytron It's a shame that you've had to "turn off" the sigs because they were spoilering your blitz. You will see, by the time you get here, that there were posters who were against that type of sig. It looks like they were right when they said it was a bad idea.

@fatness Yours was the first post I saw about GLR's blog (and with link too). Thanks. (And you know by now that you were the Ninja and not the ninja'd.)

@taixzo Your "Starry Sky" manip was peach-a-tronic. Also neat, beautiful and wowderful. And re: your reaction to GLR's blog:
taixzo wrote:...
Mood on a scale of 1-10:
Last week (up to 4pm EST): 5
4pm Friday - twenty minutes ago: 0
Now: 999999999

Yeah. I can't put my reaction any way better.

@ucim I'm running out of accolades to describe your "Acts" series. They just keep getting better and better.

@Whizbang Your "Slipping Standards" cartoon made me laugh. Just the tonic needed right now.

@Aubron The updates you've made on your site just make it better and better. Is someone putting all these soundtracks in the wiki? Like under the Aubron link?

@Eternal Density
Eternal Density wrote:<snip>
StormAngel wrote:p.s.
Extra thanks for all the consolation cakes and icecream, I saw the event on Saturday and it helped me to keep my grieving hidden from other family members who did not yet know :(
Oh so that's how you pulled it off without me suspecting!
<snip>

So, are you hinting "StormAngel" is your sibling? (I don't think I've seen the answer to that, Could have missed it though.)

@everyone else Colorizations, ottification, new poems, and other types of creative insanity. BRAVO, ALL!!!

Had to edit this in:
@BlitzGirl Congrats on 2200 (plus) posts!!! Seems like only a couple of dips ago you were at 2100.
-----
Now to post this and see what century it is.....
-----
Last edited by pelrigg on Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:59 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

Quicksilver

Postby Quicksilver » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:53 am UTC

mscha wrote:(Quicksilver, is this an ottification of something? If so, I can't figure it out.)
I thought it was a good song that captured the scope of the whole OTT. It's from Aussie hip hop group Horrorshow.

richP

Postby richP » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:54 am UTC

CasCat wrote:The last thing I want to do is throw cold water on the t-shirt idea (because Randall knows I'd wear one myself!), but let's all keep in mind it's Randall's artwork, and his copyright, and make sure we have permission before anyone actually has them made by one of the print-on-demand t-shirt companies, ok? Maybe throw him a little royalties with each shirt...?

Shucks, someone beat us to it, two frames have been made into T-shirts and are for sale on Amazon already!

M2693:
http://www.amazon.com/Gildan-Seamless-D ... 60&sr=1-34

M971:
http://www.amazon.com/Gildan-Seamless-D ... 75&sr=1-31

Eternal Density

COMA MOLPY STYLE

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:58 am UTC

Nooo yappo, don't use the word 'final'! (also thanks again for the lyrics 'HEYYYY NEAT SANDCASTLE' which will be important again in a moment.)

Anyhow, I finished off Molpy Style instead of eating lunch. Well, I'll still eat but later than I meant.

First, Minecraft Style by CaptainSparklez, upon which this is heavily based (of course that's a Gangnam Style Parody but using it as a starting point would be impossible for me.)

And now, Molpy Style in its entirety:

Code: Select all

Coma Molpy Style
Molpy Style

Blitzin' the thread, just one more page until I ketch it
Read through the decrees, signposts, ONGs and ponder ev'ry tidbit
All I need is just a bit of Time to read all of it
But Outside says I have to quit

Mustard might appear
The other night we saw an extra star just disappear
Some extra Cueganites went too, turned back into thin air
An extra alt-text dot is gone as well, will we ever know where?
Were they ever there?

In the O.T.T., follow the decree
Cos I'm the pope, hey!
So post some rope, hey!
When you're postin', you can be boastin'
About out aims, hey!
To have no flames, hey!

Cos we turn our disagreements into games, -ames, -ames, -ames, -a-a-a-a-a-a-a-aaaa...

Coma Molpy Style
Molpy Style
Co - co - co - co - Coma Molpy Style
Molpy Style

Heyyyy, Neat Sandcastle
Heyyyy, Neat Sandcastle

Back in the present wearing hats with all the OTTers
Bumping the firstposts, and discussing all the Elders
Some have not been seen in wix, so have they yet forgot us?
But some are still posting with us

There's a spoiler here!
It is a link to the live image, not the hashed one there!
Don't want the blitzing to be ruined that would not be fair
Better edit the hash in and next time ONG with care
Next time that you dare

Postcounts growin', the cakes are flowin'
The lurkers lurk, hey
The m*stards ch*rp, hey
You make up your mind, to not fall behind
Cannot shirk, hey
The speed's berserk, hey
Staying up forever just can't work, -erk, -erk, -erk, -r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-rrrrr...

Coma Molpy Style
Molpy Style
Molpy Style

Heyyyy, Neat Sandcastle
Heyyyy, Neat Sandcastle

Walk with me, until you see the tree
Molpy molpy beanie river grapevine sea!
Walk with me, avoid all heresy
Molpy molpy bucket river OTC! (ain't no redunakitty!)

Coma Molpy Style
Co-co-co - co-co-co

Heyyyy, Neat Sandcastle
Heyyyy, Neat Sandcastle
Co - co - co - co - Coma Molpy

Co-co-co - co-co-co

Coma Molpy Style

[Edited to fix a typo: impossible, not impossibly. Yes, I know it's been multiple years. I wonder if any future-blitzers will see this message. If so: hi, and welcome! I hope I'm still alive now.]
Last edited by Eternal Density on Wed May 11, 2016 8:43 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

Quicksilver

Postby Quicksilver » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:59 am UTC

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.5/
You just can't sell his work. You could always get a custom shirt made.

ucim

Postby ucim » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:02 am UTC

What is this "youtube feature" in the Book of Aubron? I'm not seeing it or hearing anything but the waves.

@BlitzGirl - Awesome "Time has Flown". Very touching, and a baobabish reflection on the OTC!
@taixzo - Very treeish "Newpix of Love". Touchiing reflection on the OTT!
CasCat wrote:BlitzGirl the Fast the First
Saw that from the start - it always made me smile! Just wanted to tell you that. :)

Something amusing - from another thread:
SecondTalon wrote:The Time Thread got started shortly before Mod Madness, so with that coupled with the .. weirdness of that thread, they started speaking their own damned language in there.

They scare me. I have no idea what they're going to do now that it's over.
Don't worry, we don't bite. Unless you have chocolate and are a bit slow on the sharing bit. :) (nom nom nom!) I'm not sure what's going on the basement though. Something about ropes and molpies. I think the foam maiden is down there too. Could be kinky.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:04 am UTC

pelrigg wrote:So, are you hinting "StormAngel" is your sibling? (I don't think I've seen the answer to that, Could have missed it though.)

I think StormAngel basically confirmed it here ;)
StormAngel wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:Merlpeh erp!
pha wrote:Remaining open question (maybe it was answered and I missed it): Who is Eternal Density brother?

That's the one unanswered question I'm still waiting for the most! :P

We should make a wiki page for open questionsDD of the OTT :)

<snip>

DD
Spoiler:
'ternaly Densicly
Thus be the question here:
Is he my sibling or
just a 4 friend?

I can now tell you with
equivocality,
Its all related so
-oops, that's the end.

Eternal Density wrote:Nooo yappo, don't use the word 'final'! <snip>

How irresponsible of me! Edited in "today" to be specific ;)
And yay, Coma Molpy Style! :mrgreen:

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:04 am UTC

richP wrote:
CasCat wrote:The last thing I want to do is throw cold water on the t-shirt idea (because Randall knows I'd wear one myself!), but let's all keep in mind it's Randall's artwork, and his copyright, and make sure we have permission before anyone actually has them made by one of the print-on-demand t-shirt companies, ok? Maybe throw him a little royalties with each shirt...?

Shucks, someone beat us to it, two frames have been made into T-shirts and are for sale on Amazon already!

M2693:
http://www.amazon.com/Gildan-Seamless-D ... 60&sr=1-34

M971:
http://www.amazon.com/Gildan-Seamless-D ... 75&sr=1-31

You are a mean heartless person. Here I am looking ALL over those shirts with their magnifier, trying to see the relation to us... Then I took a better look at the frame numbers.... :evil: :lol:

Edit In to avoid the dreaded double post:

Quicksilver wrote:http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.5/
You just can't sell his work. You could always get a custom shirt made.

That's why I made the suggestion we put our suggestions here: Requested T-shirt slogans, so that Randall can see what we would buy from Him. (After all, the designs come from us. And who knows, He'd probably give credit to the designer, like in BlitzGirl's case.)

Edit 2:

@ yappo yep, I missed that tidbit...... Thanks for bringing it to my attention. (It was a speedy ketchup....)

Edit 3:
Fixed a sentence in edit 1

Edit 4:

@taixzo Great Pandora manip, and your right their senses would be overwhelmed by the Wow-ness of it all.
Last edited by pelrigg on Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:20 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:18 am UTC

OK, so I decided to try my hand at an OTTColoration. I could not find an appropriate BOP! so I had to settle for a BAM! :oops:

Here it is:

Redundant spoiler (no redundant kitties, sorry):
Spoiler:
2074 Color.jpg
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

schwartzbewithyou

Postby schwartzbewithyou » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:19 am UTC

rvloon wrote:The last bit reminded me of the following:

When I molpy up yeah I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be checking up on the OTT & C
When I go out yeah I know I'm gonna be
wondering whatever is up with the OTT & C
Spoiler:
If I get drunk yes I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be drunkposting to the OTT
And if I pagepope yeah I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be decreeing the hell out of you and me

But I would watch 1550 frames
And I would watch 1550 more
Just to be the man who watched 3100 frames
Before he is forced to molpy down

When I'm working yes I know I'm gonna be
And when the money comes in for the work I'll do
I'll be buying 3000 T-shirts of the OTT & C

When I come home yeah I know I'm gonna be
And if I grow old well I know I'm gonna be
growing old and grumbling in the OTT

When I'm lonely yes I know I'm gonna be
hurrying back to ketchup on the OTT & C
When I'm dreaming yes I know I'm gonna dream
Dream about the time in the OTT & C

500 miles - by the Proclaimers.

Cheers,

Ronald

Been stuck in my head aaaallll night. Both thank you and curse you! :D (*hums* I'm gonna be checking up on the OTT & C...)
Dracomax wrote:I've been out of school for 5 years, and I'm still trying to figure out why everyone keeps acting like I know what I'm doing.

It's something unpredictable, but in the end is right/I hope you had the time of your life.

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:20 am UTC

taixzo wrote:
Newpix of Love
Based on Seasons of Love, from Rent.

Spoiler:
We've waited nearly three thousand, one hundred newpix
We've waited over three thousand moments sublime
How do you measure, the passage of Time?

In Newpix? In Timeframes? In cupcakes, in posts from Blitzers?
In OTTers? In posts, Newpages or rhymes?
In the course of nearly three thousand, one hundred newpix
How do you measure these newpix of Time?

How about love?
How about love?
How about love?
Measure in love.

Newpix of love.
Newpix of love.

We've waited nearly three thousand times for an ONG;
Created newpixbot, so nothing would go wrong.

In truths that we learned
Or in hats that we've made.
In shippers who've yearned
Or our hopes through the Fade;

It's Time now to sing out,
Though the story never ends
Let's celebrate
Remember this Time in our Thread of friends!
Remember the love!
Remember the love!
Remember the love!
Measure in love.

Newpix of love!
Newpix of love!

OMR HOW DID I MISS THIS?! I didn't even have to open the link because I could sing along without it. You have outdone yourself, ser. <3
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:23 am UTC

BlitzGirl, do you still have a bigger version of “Under the Same Stars”? I'd love to have it as a wallpaper.
(You have no idea how much time ― and bandwidth ― it took me to find it.)

BlitzGirl wrote:
Newpage 1300 Smiley Repository

You missed me sad Image
and this: Image
And maybe (not sure right now) Image

Arky wrote:if only so we have a way of spotting each other in the wild in the future.

FWIW, I always use a necklace with a gecko-shaped pendant:

Oh, I found this. I second it:
KroniK907 wrote:A little off topic but it seemed appropriate...
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

XTCamus

Postby XTCamus » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:28 am UTC

What shall we do after this? How about philosophy? And, if so, why not start with Heraclitus... http://www.partiallyexaminedlife.com/20 ... eraclitus/

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:36 am UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:OK, so I decided to try my hand at an OTTColoration. I could not find an appropriate BOP! so I had to settle for a BAM! :oops:

Here it is:
Spoiler:

Redundant spoiler (no redundant kitties, sorry):
Spoiler:
2074 Color.jpg

I like it. (A little '60's Bat-sound effect I bat-see.)

rvloon wrote:The last bit reminded me of the following:

When I molpy up yeah I know I'm gonna be
When I go out yeah I know I'm gonna be
wondering whatever is up with the OTT & C
Spoiler:
If I get drunk yes I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be drunkposting to the OTT
And if I pagepope yeah I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be decreeing the hell out of you and me

When I'm working yes I know I'm gonna be
And when the money comes in for the work I'll do
I'll be buying 3000 T-shirts of the OTT & C

When I come home yeah I know I'm gonna be
And if I grow old well I know I'm gonna be
growing old and grumbling in the OTT

When I'm lonely yes I know I'm gonna be
hurrying back to ketchup on the OTT & C
When I'm dreaming yes I know I'm gonna dream
Dream about the time in the OTT & C

500 miles - by the Proclaimers.

Cheers,

Ronald

And how could I forget to thank someone who ottified The Proclaimers. That's one of my favorite songs of all time.
Don't take this as a wet blanket, but I think someone else used this song earlier. Not that I complaining about two different versions of "500 Miles" on the one hand. And on the other hand; it's not the first time a song as been ottified more than once. In fact, it's kind of fun to compare them, especially when the OTT time frame is taken into account. (Early hopeful vs. post-event wistful.)

And the clock on the wall says it's time for me to "Molpy Down." (Strange, I don't remember having a talking clock :?: :shock: It must be time.)
Keep Waiting for the Blitzers and The Lost Ones.
coma out..

fatness

Postby fatness » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:48 am UTC

ucim wrote:Something amusing - from another thread:
SexyTalon wrote:The Time Thread got started shortly before Mod Madness, so with that coupled with the .. weirdness of that thread, they started speaking their own damned language in there.

That's priceless! I can imagine what this all looks like to someone who hasn't been here before though. :shock: :mrgreen:

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:48 am UTC

@Eternal Density - Awesomeful "Coma Molpy Style!"
pelrigg wrote:@BlitzGirl Congrats on 2200 (plus) posts!!! Seems like only a couple of dips ago you were at 2100.
yappobiscuits wrote:Thanks for the smiley repository on 1300, BlitzGirl! I think you got them all. (Has anyone thought of speeding up the molpy army smileys so they bob their heads in time to molpy molpy molpy molpy grapevine grapevine?)
BlitzGirl again - Thanks for the hi-res version of your Lucky colouration! Can really see all the lovely details now. It really is beautiful!

Thanks! And thanks! And you're welcome! :D
AluisioASG wrote:BlitzGirl, do you still have a bigger version of “Under the Same Stars”? I'd love to have it as a wallpaper.
(You have no idea how much time ― and bandwidth ― it took me to find it.)

Sadly, no higher-res version exists of that one - it was actually drawn at the 670x500 size. The best I can offer is an embiggening of the same image:

UnderTheSameStarsEmbiggened.png

Thanks for finding more smileys to add, though!

SexyTalon wrote:The Time Thread got started shortly before Mod Madness, so with that coupled with the .. weirdness of that thread, they started speaking their own damned language in there.

I think that the pace of the ONGs caused us to evolve faster than OtherThreads, into a new sort of superconsciousness on the xkcd fora. I can see how that might be scary to those watching from afar. But fear not! We are generally benevolent souls, fond of molpies and small children wearing berets. We generally follow the First Commandment of Great Lord Randall, and Wait for it...which precludes us from taking any overt action. All that you need be concerned about is letting your favorite songs get too close to us, lest we ottify them. And if you introduce a random topic in our presence, prepare to have us RELATE it to the One True Comic with or without your consent. Other than that, we're a 3 group, even if we appear a little ε at Times.

(I don't think actually posting this in that thread would be at all helpful, so I'm just posting it here. :D )
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

MajorDouble7

Postby MajorDouble7 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:49 am UTC

AutoX65Vair wrote:Lurker since the beginning of Time and having read at least 50% of the thread as it happened and another 25% on ketchuping, I finally had to post. I feel as though I may have missed an opportunity to be more a part of this awefulsome community. I always told myself I would post in the next 100 frames and then suddenly it was over! So now I must post in the Post-Time instead.
I would like to thank Aubron for his great player that I have been using since it was posted in the forum.
I did create this OTTification of The Beatles’ “Eleanor Rigby” though I couldn’t include as much of the story as I wanted to. I hope it is enjoyed.

Megan and Cueball
Megan and Cueball,
Picked up their packs for adventure where no one had been,
Or so it seemed.
Leaving their castle,
Determined to find out the source of the fast rising sea,
What could it be?

All the rising water, where does it all come from?
All the rising water, this trip shouldn’t take long…

Up river they trekked,
Finding new places and faces and molpys never seen before,
Some to watch out for.
The friendly Beanies,
Can’t understand but help them by taking them to one who can,
Rosetta missed their clan!

All the rising water, flows from a larger sea.
All the rising water, and the Cueganites don’t know to flee.

Cueball and Megan,
Rush home with the maps to help guide the people safely,
Away from the sea.
Cut off from land now,
The 40 have nowhere to go to excape from the waves,
LaPetit’s raft saves the day!

All the rising water, will carry them who knows where,
All the rising water, they’ll make a new home there.

(Also, much more appreciation to those that have OTTified before me. I have never attempted a lyrical parody before and it's much harder than I anticipated)

Awesomful OTTification, AutoX65Vair! And welcome to De-Lurkerhood!
HES wrote:That's not how these things work; Beardo will know, but before telling them he will send them on a quest for the magical sand timer of the molpy people. He'll give them a stick with +1 Thwapping and [...] once Time ends, it will restart on a higher difficulty setting.

poxic
Eloquently Prismatic

Postby poxic » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:49 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:General question: what happens if you take EDCB AECD AEDC BAED CCDC BABA as musical notes?

As written? Sort of dirge-like. (I don't have any recording equipment around that would let me play it for you. Maybe yappo can do so.)

If we change C to C#, it will sound happier, but still very simple.
A man who is 'ill-adjusted' to the world is always on the verge of finding himself. One who is adjusted to the world never finds himself, but gets to be a cabinet minister.
- Hermann Hesse, novelist, poet, Nobel laureate (2 Jul 1877-1962)

MajorDouble7

Re: OTT Smiley Repository

Postby MajorDouble7 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:57 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Newpage 1300 Smiley Repository

Image - Image - Image

Image - Image

Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image
Image - Image - Image - Image - Image

Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image

ImageImageImageImageImage Image Image
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Image -- Image - Image - Image - Image - Image Image - Image

This is a collection of all OTC and OTT smileys I could find, and a few RELATED ones from Outside sources.
Whenever I want to use one in the future I can now hop to newpage 1300 and copy the url!
I'm sure I missed some, so let me know if you think of any that I forgot to include...

Edit 1: Added transparent-bg ketchup smiley (yappo edition), off-to-coma and hatted-cupcake smilies.
Edit 2: Added the River smiley (in honor of Eternal Density).

I have an addition! My favorite smiley EVER in the OTT, the Taco Party you put up mips ago! Unfortunately I don't have it with me here (currently mobile), but I'll get it posted tomornip if you haven't found it by then!
HES wrote:That's not how these things work; Beardo will know, but before telling them he will send them on a quest for the magical sand timer of the molpy people. He'll give them a stick with +1 Thwapping and [...] once Time ends, it will restart on a higher difficulty setting.

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:57 am UTC

My first contribution to the coloring in thing (800)

ETA: full size original
Last edited by Kieryn on Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:03 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

Chinchokmataa

Postby Chinchokmataa » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:01 am UTC

So, I'm not sure if anyone picked up this little bit of verbage in GLR's post:

GLR wrote:..and created a plausible future language for readers to try to decode.

This seems to give us two interesting little facts that might be to our benefit:
1) Beanish is probably a "futurized" version of some existing language, as opposed to a totally new conlang
2) Beanish is not just a modern language written in a funny script

This may be what many of us (or at least me) already suspected, but it is nice to get confirmation.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:05 am UTC

That's beauterful, Kieryn!

MajorDouble7 wrote:I have an addition! My favorite smiley EVER in the OTT, the Taco Party you put up mips ago! Unfortunately I don't have it with me here (currently mobile), but I'll get it posted tomornip if you haven't found it by then!
Do you mean this one? Image
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

poxic
Eloquently Prismatic

Postby poxic » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:08 am UTC

poxic wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:General question: what happens if you take EDCB AECD AEDC BAED CCDC BABA as musical notes?

As written? Sort of dirge-like. (I don't have any recording equipment around that would let me play it for you. Maybe yappo can do so.)

If we change C to C#, it will sound happier, but still very simple.

Found an online thingy that you can use: http://p22.com/musicfont/
Copy and paste your string of letters into the "Your Text" box: EDCB AECD AEDC BAED CCDC BABA
Pick a short filename, and enter a BPM (beats per minute) of 60 for a slow song, 120 for a fast one, or somewhere in between.

The page interprets B and A as being in the octave above middle E, which is a bit odd but doesn't sound too bad.

Edittoadd: Kieryn, that is wonderful! But I still think of Megan as a brunette.
Last edited by poxic on Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:11 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
A man who is 'ill-adjusted' to the world is always on the verge of finding himself. One who is adjusted to the world never finds himself, but gets to be a cabinet minister.
- Hermann Hesse, novelist, poet, Nobel laureate (2 Jul 1877-1962)

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:09 am UTC

@Pelrigg Thanks! I did want to go for that comic book look. I could not find a BOP! and I had too much trouble trying to manipulate a BAM! and a POW! to look like a BOP! using GIMP. Still, it did come out OK. Perhaps I shall try another random frame some other time.

In the mornix, I will have to ketchup on OTTifications and other contributions that I missed while trying to make my color frame.

Molpy down!

Spoiler:
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:12 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:BlitzGirl, do you still have a bigger version of “Under the Same Stars”? I'd love to have it as a wallpaper.

Each time someone brings up Lucky, and what happened to him, in the thread.. I'm always reminded of this picture showing that he did make it out safely. ;)

Kieryn wrote:My first contribution to the coloring in thing (800)

Wow. Wooow. Just.. wow. I love the medium here. I can't even tell how you did it, but I love it. It looks touchable. And LaPetite Image over there... *heart melts*
This is my new wallpaper, Kieryn.

wertle

Postby wertle » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:14 am UTC

That brings a tear to my eye, wonderful!

ucim

Postby ucim » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:17 am UTC

Spoiler:
Kieryn, that is awesome!

Chinchokmataa wrote:So, I'm not sure if anyone picked up this little bit of verbage in GLR's post:
GLR wrote:..and created a plausible future language for readers to try to decode.

This seems to give us two interesting little facts that might be to our benefit:
1) Beanish is probably a "futurized" version of some existing language, as opposed to a totally new conlang
2) Beanish is not just a modern language written in a funny script

This may be what many of us (or at least me) already suspected, but it is nice to get confirmation.
I caught it right off. I still wonder how much of what He created was made manifest to us... enough to decode? I suspect not, since it's probably not an encoded present language, and we have very few repeated phrases with actions with which to build it up. If it is however encoded and altered, then we could discover the key, and all the rest will become plain.

If He did create enough to actually be a language, it might be fun to learn. An English to Beanish textbook I would buy in a flash. If SexyTalon is weirded out now, imagine if we all started speaking fluent Beanish here!

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:17 am UTC

Spoiler:

Really neat! Like Val said, I wanna touch it :P

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:21 am UTC

poxic wrote:Found an online thingy that you can use: http://p22.com/musicfont/

Neat. :mrgreen:

Now I want to watch the entire OTC with a long string of it's own epilogue music. :shock: (mind blown) I'd attach the Celesta @ 165bpm I did, but the forum won't allow .mid files. It's hauntingly beautiful, though.

addams

Postby addams » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:32 am UTC

XTCamus wrote:What shall we do after this? How about philosophy? And, if so, why not start with Heraclitus... http://www.partiallyexaminedlife.com/20 ... eraclitus/

Sure.
That will be Fine for The Time Being.

She says Pythagoreans funny.

When I found out about The Pythagoreans I was a Fan.
Of course, I can never know for sure.

The way I imagine it; They were Rational and Reasonable and Deep Thinkers.
The way I was told The Story; The Pythagorean understood the Mathematical foundations of All Things.

Then Someone came up with Irrationals.
It was not all That simple.

It was a Stable Society that lived in Peace for as long as it takes to build a Cathedral or maybe Longer.
Then some irrational numbers and the foundation of Understanding crumbled and were Rebuilt.

It was only one life time until The Pythagoreans were Gone.
Nothing left. Not even a unique genetic code.

They were, just, people that lived and breathed rational explicable sane lives.
The culture did not withstand Irrationals. I Know it is a Fairy Tail.

I understand. I don't like irrationals, either.
The Pythagoreans wandered off into the forest shaking their heads.
Like The Tao guy did. Well; He was not shaking his head. The story says he knew something.

Maybe somewhere, The Tao Guy, The Pythagoreans and all the other Sane Rationals are doing simple math with Jim Henson and Izzy thrown is as a Nod to the Irrationals.

Really?
What is so interesting about some old guy that was Socrates' main Squeeze?
That woman said Socrates did not 'Get' him, either.

Heraclitus? Only a few snippets of what he thought left?
In five or six thousand years there will be less left of what we think laying around in Universities.

The idea that Nothing is Still.
That idea is an old idea and not too hard to understand in a World that is Whizzing by at Light Speeds.

Deep Thinkers? Remember? Plato and a Platypus?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plato_and_ ... Into_a_Bar
Deep and Shallow and Funny.
The way I like philosophy.
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:35 am UTC

Valarya wrote:

Each time someone brings up Lucky, and what happened to him, in the thread.. I'm always reminded of this picture showing that he did make it out safely. ;)

Spoiler:

Wow. Wooow. Just.. wow. I love the medium here. I can't even tell how you did it, but I love it. It looks touchable. And LaPetite Image over there... *heart melts*
This is my new wallpaper, Kieryn.

Thanks, Valarya and all other complimenters :-)
Actually, you can kind of touch it... the main sandcastle part and beach I put together with play-dough and the water is foil. I'll post more pics tomorrow so you can have a better idea of it, but for now: molpy down
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:44 am UTC

I see addams the wandering poet has paid us a visit. :)

Kieryn wrote:Actually, you can kind of touch it... the main sandcastle part and beach I put together with play-dough and the water is foil. I'll post more pics tomorrow so you can have a better idea of it, but for now: molpy down

That's even neater! Wow!
(Any chance that the beach of the dried-up Mediterranean may have turned into play-dough by 13291?)
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

MajorDouble7

Postby MajorDouble7 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:48 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:That's beauterful, Kieryn!

MajorDouble7 wrote:I have an addition! My favorite smiley EVER in the OTT, the Taco Party you put up mips ago! Unfortunately I don't have it with me here (currently mobile), but I'll get it posted tomornip if you haven't found it by then!
Do you mean this one? Image

Oh yessssss! That's the one! :lol:

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:50 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:

I think that the pace of the ONGs caused us to evolve faster than OtherThreads, into a new sort of superconsciousness on the xkcd fora. I can see how that might be scary to those watching from afar. But fear not!

Uh… resistance is futile?

I believe that by the next Madness the standard forum filters will have no effect upon us.

Now back to bug-hunting. I hope people are using my frame comments script. The database is almost ready.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:57 am UTC

Moose Anus wrote:Most likely the 40 would go up a mountain to escape the sea. But if that mountain isn't tall enough, they'll be surrounded by water unable to escape the rising ocean (sea) and drown.

{P1157}
40 people in the doomed tribe, 40 messages on a Tread page. Coincidence? I fear not. Grendell's going to drown us all. Aaaaaaaarghh!
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”