1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

patzer

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby patzer » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:57 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:The game I want to play with you is something my friends just call The Game. It's similar to Exquisite Corpse. (Spoilered because long and possibly incoherent.)[spoiler]Everyone sits in a circle with a blank piece of paper and a pen or pencil. At the very top of the paper they write a sentence, hopefully something with some action, or something that can be drawn. They pass the paper to the next person, who draws a picture depicting the sentence. Then they fold the sentence part so it can't be seen and pass the paper to the next person, who has to write a sentence that tells what's happening in the picture. Then you fold the picture down and pass it on, and the next person draws the sentence, and so on till you've gone around the circle. Then you open the paper and see what people came up with, and its hilarious. It's great especially with people who can't draw that well, since you have to figure out what the chirp that round thing seven legs is, or whatever.

One way I thought about doing it was to have a moderator. People would submit their drawings or sentences to xer, and xe would send it to the next person on the list. There's probably a way to have it automated somehow, or use Dropbox, or...??? One thing is that I think it has to be hand-drawn pictures, so people would have to be able to scan them (unless they have a tablet they can draw on). the other thing is people should not have much time to work on it. What I think would be really cool, ir I knew how to make it happen, is to have some sort of interface where people submit their sentence, then it gets sent to the next person on the list (maybe people are numbered in the order they join, or something). That person submits their picture, which gets sent to the next person, but somehow it's connected on down the line so you see the progression. It could be timed, but if someone has to draw something then scan it and attach it somehow, that might take too long. Anyway, when everyone has made their contribution, the whole thing can be viewed.

I first played that a few years ago. My family calls it "the Rachel game" (learned it from someone called Rachel). It seems quite common. I'd like to play it here as there'd be an OTT theme, and am willing to mod.

Edit: I'm Pope! First time I can ever remember that happening. Decree: Play OTT-related games here in the One True Thread.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands. –Douglas Adams

ucim

Postby ucim » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:00 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Everyone sits in a circle with a blank piece of paper and a pen or pencil. At the very top of the paper they write a sentence, hopefully something with some action, or something that can be drawn. They pass the paper to the next person, who draws a picture depicting the sentence. Then they fold the sentence part so it can't be seen and pass the paper to the next person, who has to write a sentence that tells what's happening in the picture. Then you fold the picture down and pass it on, and the next person draws the sentence, and so on till you've gone around the circle. Then you open the paper and see what people came up with, and its hilarious. It's great especially with people who can't draw that well, since you have to figure out what the chirp that round thing seven legs is, or whatever.
I've seen that before... I think here. Check the xkcd forum games section. There are a lot of things like that around here.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:06 am UTC

@lmjb1964 I like your game idea! I think it would be fairly easy (coming from a I-have-no-idea-how-to-make-a-website point of view) to make a site where players sign in, type a sentence, submit a pic, and then it goes to the next player, they type a sentence, resubmit the pic, etc. until all logged in players have submitted a sentence. List them, compare, laugh, good times :lol:
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:26 am UTC

Another treeish game idea, lmjb1964! I've played something similar on the Outside - would love to try an OTT version.

AluisioASG wrote:I made some notes. Publishing here so you can all check if I missed something and laugh of my drawings (if you at least manage to understand them) <snip>

Looking awesomeful - I think I see what you're going for :)

lmjb1964 wrote:
Spoiler:
AluisioASG wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:our poor charlie...last seen on his 1000th postiversary...

Ah, that's a relief. He didn't leave because of the Panther Salve Incident. He did just what I had planned to do.
To the outside: STOP MAKING THIS FREAKING DOG CRY!!!!
Well, it seemed to be spurred by that incident, but maybe it was just convenient timing. And you say "He did just what I had planned to do." You're no longer planning that, right? BlitzGirl, maybe your molpy army should hang around Aluisio when he gets close to 1000...

Can do! They've been itching to go out on assignments ever since they were dispatched to make sure yappo came back after finishing his song. ImageImageImageImageImage

On Sandcastle Builder:
Spoiler:
pelrigg wrote:@Eternal Density: I'd like to take the time here to thank you for this game. And I agree with lmjb1964 and I like the idea you can save and stop the game and come back to the point you left off at. It lets you see Time in the original format.

Has any one added a mention of this to the wiki? (And, yes, one dip soon I'm going to try my hand at wiki-ing. But not todip.)

I don't believe it's on there yet, but it definitely needs to be added to the Games page (which is currently rather riverish). I can see it having its own page, too (after all the c**kies have an entire wiki).

ChronosDragon wrote:I think the problem is that the number of castles you get per ONG grows linearly but the number of castles you need to buy things grows exponentially. It's balanced near the beginning, but later on in the game it gets more and more unbalanced, especially as you get enough sand per millinewpix that your click goals become upwards of 30,000 (and since, as far as I can tell, there's no way to increase sand per click besides the one boost, that means clicking is kind of pointless).

It might help if there were more boosts, and if some items (not necessarily all) added to your sand per click. Maybe the sand per click is influenced by buckets, but sand per millinewpix is influenced by all 4 of the tools. (I.e., buckets become the cursors of this game)

This is a good point - if you have the Time and inclination, ED, it would be nice to be able to see how much sand-per-click you are getting, and more boosts would be treeish. I'm at 180 sand/mnp, so there isn't much incentive to click anymore (and I like clicking the newpix! clickety clickety clickety...)
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Postby mscha » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:30 am UTC

GRONGE...

-- posted by newpixbot
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

Eternal Density

Pleased to entertain you

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:31 am UTC

Yeah the Kindom error is on my list.
And yeah I do want to give more boosts to clicking and to the higher end items so they scale better. Currently sand tools soon make clicking pointless apart from once per NP for ninja stealth.

Here's my current list :

Spoiler:
Kindom - > Kingdom
litle - > little
Ninja status display needs to clear
Glass Factory zeros
Unearn GF if given wrongfully
Move on buy badge/boost checks to one function without nesting. Call it on load.
Buff Molpies.
Add more boosts that stack with Molpies
Options screen
*Autosave - optional
*colour scheme (reorganise CSS)
Stats screen
*all the totals and counts including ninja stealth level
Buff flags and ladders a little
Buff Scaffold and wave also
Wave 'erosion' boost
Add more boosts for Cuegan and Newpixbots
Boost to give castles when incrementing ninja stealth based on its level
Boosts to reduce castle destruction - individual and collective
+Sand +Castles ONG Save Purchase Earn etc all cause announcement text to float up.
Add keyboard 'F5' method of digging sand
Badge for first ONG to explain castle price reset
Redundant Badges
Sand rate badges
OTC Period badges
Boosts to buff clicks
Count number of times saved and loaded, for currently secret boosts
Badge for Ninjaing many Newpixbots
There's other less immediate stuff that I'm not sharing yet

Ninja edit: looks like I addressed BlitzGirl's post already

ETA how about an ONG countdown?
Also I would like suggestions on notifications: specifically how to make them visible moving against black and white background. (think the rising messages that appear in cookie clicker when you golden cookie or achievement or autosave)
Last edited by Eternal Density on Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:35 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

BlitzGirl

Half-Nopixly OSH

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:33 am UTC

You are a busy little beesnake, Eternal Density! :D
ETA: ONG countdown would be treeish!

mscha wrote:GRONGE...
Spoiler:

Oh, chirp, the Beanie Babies are LOOSE! All Time is doomed!
For the pagepope, an OSH:

OSH

This is Megan.
What newpix is she from?

Redundant:
Spoiler:

OSH035.png
OSH035.png (1.47 KiB) Viewed 12205 times

Keywords: BGOSH
redundant161.png
redundant161.png (135.25 KiB) Viewed 12205 times
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:37 am UTC

I always find it exciting when we come together to as a community, and come up with more ideas and projects to bring us together as a community.

Hey, where are those mini-Beanies going?

Keep the faith all, and OTTify it!

OTTify it...
OTTify it...
OTTify it...
OTTify it...
OTTify it...

Molpy down!
Spoiler:
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

pelrigg

Re: Half-Nopixly OSH

Postby pelrigg » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:49 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:You are a busy little beesnake, Eternal Density! :D
ETA: ONG countdown would be treeish!

mscha wrote:GRONGE...
Spoiler:

Oh, chirp, the Beanie Babies are LOOSE! All Time is doomed!
For the pagepope, an OSH:

OSH

This is Megan.
What newpix is she from?

Redundant:
Spoiler:

OSH035.png

Keywords: BGOSH
redundant161.png

Here's a game I do know how to play: It's M2511 or I'm a molpy.

ETA
Hurray, I just got back everything I lost in Sandcastle from my ch*rping mistake earlier. (Except that I'd be that much further ahead by now.)
Note to all Sandcastle players: Remember to save!
Last edited by pelrigg on Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:00 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:53 am UTC

You're not a molpy! :mrgreen: Steakish!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:12 am UTC

@ED another suggestion for Sandcastle: (of course, this might already be one of your Next-Gen to-do's) How about something like the "Golden Cookie" pop-up the other place has? Something (a bucket, castle, hourglass or what-have-you) that pops up randomly on the page and, if you click it in time, you get bonus castles or sand.
Of course, you might already have this planned and are going to spring it on us for the next major revision. Besides it looks like you have a pretty full To-Do list already.
Thanks again for the hard work on this game.

ETA
Eternal Density wrote:<snip>
Currently sand tools soon make clicking pointless apart from once per NP for ninja stealth.
<snip>

So you do need to click on each ONG to get Ninja Status Badges. You can't just let the ONGs go unmolested, hmmm? So not too early, but not too late, or you m*stard it up? You have to be just in Time?
And: Yes, to ONG countdown.

ETA 2
And I see now that Busy Bot and Sneaky Bot reduce the amount of time before you can start clicking again. Cool Beans..
Last edited by pelrigg on Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:35 am UTC, edited 4 times in total.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:23 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:

He did just what I had planned to do.

And you say "He did just what I had planned to do." You're no longer planning that, right? BlitzGirl, maybe your molpy army should hang around Aluisio when he gets close to 1000...

Can do! They've been itching to go out on assignments ever since they were dispatched to make sure yappo came back after finishing his song.

Back them off or I'll put them inside <tags>!

Oh, and this:
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Eternal Density

Better get coding

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:42 am UTC

pelrigg Funny you should mention that! I recently planned how to do something like a golden cookie and added it to the List.
Yeah you're right about ninja stealth status, and I'm glad you like the associated boosts. I should add more eventually.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

ChronosDragon

Re: Pleased to entertain you

Postby ChronosDragon » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:47 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
Also I would like suggestions on notifications: specifically how to make them visible moving against black and white background. (think the rising messages that appear in cookie clicker when you golden cookie or achievement or autosave)

You mean...a newpix-o-meter? :D I can whip up a little javascript one, if you'd like. Something in the way of V1, to fit with the current theme of the game.

As for notifications, remember this: white text with a black outline is ALWAYS visible. text-shadow may be of use here.

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Maybe I should write a console application

Postby AluisioASG » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:59 am UTC

I have to reflect on how I'm going to write that.
For now, molpy down.
Spoiler:
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:00 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:

You mean...a newpix-o-meter? :D I can whip up a little javascript one, if you'd like. Something in the way of V1, to fit with the current theme of the game.

As for notifications, remember this: white text with a black outline is ALWAYS visible. text-shadow may be of use here.

Thanks for the text-shadow suggestion. I hadn't thought of a newpixometer actually. If you could whip up a JavaScript one, that would be great. ETA I'll stick it left of the Save button (shoving the buttons rightwards)

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:11 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:

He did just what I had planned to do.

And you say "He did just what I had planned to do." You're no longer planning that, right? BlitzGirl, maybe your molpy army should hang around Aluisio when he gets close to 1000...

Can do! They've been itching to go out on assignments ever since they were dispatched to make sure yappo came back after finishing his song.

Back them off or I'll put them inside <tags>!

They like tags. They snuggle up inside [tags] all the Time, they'd probably like you more for doing that. :wink: But I'll have them back up into the shadows where you can't see them.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:44 am UTC

It's pretty late on a Saturdip. And the only ones I see are BlitzGirl and some guests. But Molpy down I must. BltzGirl, I'm sorry to leave you so lonely. Here's a frame that matches the page, M1450:

And on Sandcastle: 19.1 sand/mNP with 12 buckets, 4 Cuegan, 1 flag, 7 Newpixbots, 2 trebuchets and all 10 boosts. Not doing ultra-great, but I'm not that good at games.

Edit To Add.
Slow typist strikes again. I see that by the Time I wrote and posted this more OTTers showed up.

Well molpy down
Wait For It
as I coma out...

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:04 am UTC

pelrigg wrote:It's pretty late on a Saturdip. And the only ones I see are BlitzGirl and some guests. But Molpy down I must. BltzGirl, I'm sorry to leave you so lonely.

That's okay. I'll just
Spoiler:
Wait for it
by myself for a while.

In RELATED c**kie news, a ch*rpload of British biscuits have been added to the Upgrades section. British biscuits...now who does that remind me of...
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

waveney

Postby waveney » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:06 am UTC

pelrigg wrote:It's pretty late on a Saturdip. And the only ones I see are BlitzGirl and some guests. But Molpy down I must. BltzGirl, I'm sorry to leave you so lonely.

But I have been up for an hour this lovely Sundip morning - though I will be gone in 600mNP - I have some Molpies to look after.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:09 am UTC

waveney wrote:

But I have been up for an hour this lovely Sundip morning - though I will be gone in 600mNP - I have some Molpies to look after.

Yes, the WHO IS ONLINE, it lies. It's probably heretical, but at least it makes a molpish 42 guests sandwich.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:12 am UTC

This one might require explanation:
I will only say, unless asked, that the drop it like a Beanie is a reference to TimeAfterTime Beanie 70+71, where it looks like the babies are simply dropped.

Spoiler:
Also uses baby from xkcd#674.
shake_that-odetity.png
Beanies are hardcore.
Last edited by azule on Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:21 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:15 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:

Thanks for the text-shadow suggestion. I hadn't thought of a newpixometer actually. If you could whip up a JavaScript one, that would be great. ETA I'll stick it left of the Save button (shoving the buttons rightwards)

Almost done, but question: do you want me to prerender the clock face as an image, or do some messy javascript to generate it on page load using a bunch of divs?

ETA: Oh, and is css3 allowed? I'm using border-radius and transform:rotate() (with appropriate compatibility variants) right now. Going to assume yes because of your response to my comment about text-shadow
ETA2: And I'm using jQuery, but I'm assuming that's already in use in the game
ETA3: Never mind all the questions, I'm prerendering it anyway, it'll look better.

Eternal Density

Less typos

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:39 am UTC

ChronosDragon :I'm not aware of using any jQuery. And I don't actually know text-shadow and don't think I'm using CSS3 either. But I could be wrong. (You can of course just look at the files yourself. ) But images would be fine actually.

Anyhow, it being a lovely Spring Sundip afternoon, I went for a walk and did some outdoor coding on my phone. I knocked 8 items off the list in a little over half a nopix. Not bad given the lack of screen real estate. I can't properly test on my phone though.

ETA lol good.
Tried to attach photos from my walk but it failed. Will shrink. Also I think the Level Up boost should cost more sand. (bought it a few mins ago)
Last edited by Eternal Density on Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:46 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:41 am UTC

I randomly thought of a Time Mafia. That would be interesting...
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

ChronosDragon

Re: Less typos

Postby ChronosDragon » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:49 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:ChronosDragon :I'm not aware of using any jQuery. And I don't actually know text-shadow and don't think I'm using CSS3 either. But I could be wrong. (You can of course just look at the files yourself. ) But images would be fine actually.

Anyhow, it being a lovely Spring Sundip afternoon, I went for a walk and did some outdoor coding on my phone. I knocked 8 items off the list in a little over half a nopix. Not bad given the lack of screen real estate. I can't properly test on my phone though. :(

Yeah, definitely using CSS3 things, though what I thought was jQuery (the expando-newpix) is actually pure CSS3 it would appear...

Anyway, you'll be wanting jQuery for fancy button effects and things (I can help with that later on, if you like), and its minimal in terms of load time. My code doesn't strictly require it (not doing anything that can't be done normally) but the selectors and css manipulation are oh-so-convenient. Anyway.

Here's the stuff you'll need:
Spoiler:
CSS:

Code: Select all

<style type="text/css">
        html, body, * {
            padding: 0;
            margin: 0;
            border: 0;
        }

body {
            background-color:Black;

}
        #clockface {
            background-color:White;
            background-image:url('clockface.png');
            width:100px;
            height:100px;
            border-radius:50px;
        }

</style>

Javascript (feel free to move the stuff in the second <Script> block into a new document):

<script type="text/javascript" src="jquery-2.0.3.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">

$(document).ready(function () {
            createClockHand();
            setInterval(clockTick, 1000); //update with game loop or every 10 loops or something
        });

var clockSizeX = 100,
            clockSizeY = 100,
            handOriginX = clockSizeX / 2,
            handOriginY = clockSizeY / 2,
            handSize = 37;

function createClockHand() {

var hand = document.createElement("div");
            $(hand).css({
              position:"absolute",
              left: handOriginX+"px",
              top: handOriginY+"px",
                width: "2px",
                height: handSize+"px",
                backgroundColor: "black",
            });
            document.getElementById("clockface").appendChild(hand);
      }

function clockTick() {
            var now = new Date(),
              newpixPercent = (now.getMinutes() / 60.0) + (now.getSeconds() / 3600),
                degree = (newpixPercent * 360) + 180, //rotation from top
                rad = (newpixPercent * 2 * Math.PI) + (Math.PI);

$("#clockface").children('div').css({
                transformOrigin: "0% 0%",
                transform: "rotate(" + degree + "deg)",
                '-ms-transform': "rotate(" + degree + "deg)",
                '-ms-transform-origin': "0% 0%",
                WebkitTransform: "rotate(" + degree + "deg)",
                '-webkit-transform-origin': "0% 0%"
            });
        }
    </script>

And last and least, the html (wrapper is not strictly necessary but probably useful for positioning):

<div id="wrapper">
        <div id="clockface">

</div>
    </div>

Oh, and here's the clock face image:

ETA: And molpying down now. Man, I was gonna finish the lineart for Aluisio's commission tonight, and then this happened. Ah well.

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:54 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:Add keyboard 'F5' method of digging sand

Just to note, that I added keypress functionality for myself..and found I didn't need to click anymore: I just held the button down. Still is a lot of button-holding-downing. So, probably should make sure to disable repeat somehow.

Eternal Density

ChronosDragonOmeter

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:58 am UTC

Thanks, I'll look into incorporating that tomorrip. And it's good to know I'm using CSS3. (the expandopart is one that I cribbed from c**kie clicker)

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:20 am UTC

I noticed when I was making my OTT playlist that yappo's songs were already listed as being from The One True Album, so just for fun...

Redundant:
Spoiler:

TheOneTrueAlbumCover.png
TheOneTrueAlbumCover.png (38.23 KiB) Viewed 11972 times

Keywords: The One True Album Cover song ottification songs BGUM artwork music OTT OTA musical
redundant162.png
redundant162.png (61.83 KiB) Viewed 11972 times
The songs are listed in the order that they are on the OTW Songs page - and you can listen to all of them!
Most are by yappo of course, but there are wowterful entries from an assortment of OTTers on both the music and lyrics sides. Some of these I'd forgotten about!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Postby mscha » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:30 am UTC

RONGBONES...

-- posted by newpixbot
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

Eternal Density

Esc chars

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:45 am UTC

Ah they're \e\s\c\a\p\i\n\g!

So I added 3 more boosts :D
Now to do the one that gives castles for ninja stealth...

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:02 am UTC

Awesomeful, ED!

HES wrote:You're not the only one with a chainsaw you know Image

FTFY: Image

Redundant:
Spoiler:

HESchainsaw.png
HESchainsaw.png (4.49 KiB) Viewed 11920 times

Keywords: BGUM HES chainsaw punsaw smiley hamply hamster saw emoticon
redundant163.png
redundant163.png (110.09 KiB) Viewed 11920 times
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

Imagine River Tam with a chainsaw...

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:07 am UTC

And Ninja Builder boost is written. Naturally testing will be required. Odds are SwiftKey mustarded my syntax somewhere.

Philip Thomas

Postby Philip Thomas » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:21 am UTC

Never mind, I'll revive the game when the moment is ripe (and I've worked out the rules). Meanwhile, soon it will be 1453 and with the end of the Middle Ages the Renaissance can begin! A revival of all the ancient learning contained in the first 300 pages of the thread. The sandcastle-building game is an early symptom of this movement...
"There is nothing illegal about being Evil. Some of our best lawyers are Evil" Nicetas, Imperial Commentaries

Angelastic

Postby Angelastic » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:24 am UTC

I've heard that game called Telephone Pictionary, so I searched for an online version and found this one.

ETA: I signed up (same username as here) and started a game with the text 'chirping mustard', but the game is not listed under 'my games' (though my profile says I have created one game) and if I try to create or join another one it says I'm playing too quickly. So I don't know how to link to or invite you to join my game, if indeed I created one. I should probably read the instructions, but on the other hand, I should probably have a shower and get dressed.
Knight Temporal, and Archdeacon of buttermongery and ham and cheese sandwiches. Nobody sells butter except through me.
Image Smiley by yappobiscuits. Avatar by GLR, buffygirl, BlitzGirl & mscha, with cari.j.elliot's idea.
Haiku Detector
starts a trend to make way for
my robot army.

Philip Thomas

Postby Philip Thomas » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:45 am UTC

Angelastic wrote:I've heard that game called Telephone Pictionary, so I searched for an online version and found this one.

It is a neat game, I've seen it played before under another name. But how to play it in the thread? I guess you could use spoiler tags- hide everything under spoilers. The person doing the writing (or drawing), mustn't look at the spoilers before the drawing or description s/he is thinking about.

To keep things simple, lets only have one chain. As each user logs on, s/he adds to the chain (by posting a picture if the previous user posted a description, or vice versa) Once that user has posted s/he can look at the whole chain (the chain will be as long as the number of users). To keep things treeish, pictures must be in the style of the OTC.

It is best to start with a picture. Unfortunately my drawing skills are worse than Cueball's, so does someone else want to volunteer?
"There is nothing illegal about being Evil. Some of our best lawyers are Evil" Nicetas, Imperial Commentaries

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:55 am UTC

Downloaded yappo's 1000th post song. Good stuff. If I ever make it to there I will attempt to record my vocals on your orchestral version. Thanks and congrats!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:16 am UTC

Wow, I think that's the first time I've ever seen "No registered users" in the WHO IS ONLINE section. Of course, I was here, and logged in, so it was lying. But it made me go :shock:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

Telephone Pictionary

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:42 am UTC

If telephone pictionary is where players alternatively draw and write a description of something, I've played that with my family, though we had a chain per player so everyone was active simultaneously and then all passed their paper to the next person around the table. We also played a game where each player added a sentence or a few to a story, only seeing the previous player's segment. Though with that we passed to anyone available who hadn't written on that story recently (keeping track by listing initials on the bottom of the page) continuing until the page was full. In both cases, hilarity ensued.

Here's the latest list. X means done.

Spoiler:
X Kindom - > Kingdom
X litle - > little
X Ninja status display needs to clear
X Glass Factory zeros
X Unearn GF if given wrongfully
Move on buy badge/boost checks to one function without nesting. Call it on load.
X Buff Molpies.
Add more boosts that stack with Molpies
Options screen
*Autosave - optional
*colour scheme (reorganise CSS)
Stats screen
*all the totals and counts including ninja stealth level
X Buff flags and ladders a little
X Buff Scaffold and wave also
X Make Level Up far more expensive (was missing a zero)
Wave 'erosion' boost
X Add more boosts for Cuegan, Newpixbots, trebuchets
X Boost to give castles when incrementing ninja stealth based on its level
Boosts to reduce castle destruction - individual and collective
+Sand +Castles ONG Save Purchase Earn etc all cause announcement text to float up.
Add keyboard 'F5' method of digging sand
Badge for first ONG to explain castle price reset
Redundant Badges
Sand rate badges
OTC Period badges
Boosts to buff clicks
Count number of times saved and loaded, for currently secret boosts
Badge for Ninjaing many Newpixbots
[REDACTED]
Display actual castle tool destroy/build numbers in descriptions
Incorporate ONG timer
Basically I did the easiest stuff first.
ETA maybe I should put this list on the wiki
Last edited by Eternal Density on Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:55 am UTC, edited 3 times in total.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:49 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:X Buff Molpies.

They've been working out. New lurking regimen. Lots of skittle-shotput exercises. They're glad you noticed. ImageImageImageImageImage

And yay! Thanks for the updates. :D
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”