1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

k.bookbinder

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby k.bookbinder » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:18 am UTC

Ha ha! Clerical Error! Very nice badge, there, ED :lol:

Papal Decree: Share you current Castle Clicker stats, and strategies.

151.1 sand/mnp
31 buckets
15 Cuegan
2 Flag
13 Newpixbot
5 Trebuchet
1 Scaffold

My current strategy is...I do not think I have a strategy at the moment. I am not clicking all that much, to be honest. But I have all available boosts so far.
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:23 am UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:
azule wrote:This one might require explanation:
Spoiler:
I will only say, unless asked, that the drop it like a Beanie is a reference to TimeAfterTime Beanie 70+71, where it looks like the babies are simply dropped.

When I did my ottification of OtherComic #1261, I noticed that it is quite a difficult one. I like how you reversed the order of the panels. But I think I didn't fully understand the joke here (besides the fact that Beanie babies grow ch*rpingly fast). Explanations, please!
Great job Beaniefying it, btw. I didn't notice you had even gone so far as to change the question marks to Beanish circles!
I was going to steal borrow Megan w/ beanie (for a second version of the comic) to show that in my first panel "Megan" is the Beanie mom, she shook the cup of semenbaconcoffee to make the baby, hence answering the question as to how/what her momma shook to make her (which is probably a slight bit backwards, but joke).
It sorta explains the ratio of baby to semenbaconcoffee and how the Cuegan tribe "came from the sea". ;) The baby grows exponentially (as you explained) and enters Club Canc-- (hint: our missing element) and is fully grown inside.
This is where it gets iffy. She questions her own growth and the lyrics to the song, possibly disagreeing with the dropping part...as her birth was different where she jumped out of the cup herself.
Also, shrug...it was an odd idea that I didn't explore to make full sense. Sometimes the point is just to be odd.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

Eternal Density

<div id="autosavesetting" class="minifloatbox"><a onclick="M

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:35 am UTC

azule wrote:This is where it gets iffy.
It all seemed iffy to me.

For the pope:
978.2 sand/mNP
12 buckets, 8 cuegan, 2 flags (hmm those need more boosts...), 6 ladders, 10 newpixbots, 7 trebuchets, 4 scaffolds and 2 waves.
My strategy is to just leave it running all the time and check on it when I remember to. Also since I know when the Boosts unlock I kinda have an advantage in what items I choose to buy :P

ETA:
Clerical error was actually there to justify giving Redundant Redundancy to people who missed the chance at getting it when they really have 0 badges. But on a new save, it's instead awarded under a different condition.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:54 am UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:Ha ha! Clerical Error! Very nice badge, there, ED :lol:

Papal Decree: Share you current Castle Clicker stats, and strategies.

@Newpix-63
32.9 sand/mNP
buckets- 12
Cuegan-4
flags-2
newpixbots-8
trebuchets-2
scaffold-1
{with all available boosts}

Strategy? We don't need no stinkin' strategy. Actually mine's more of a "tragedy" (making it more of a "stragedy"). I keep hitting the buttons and losing progress. I think so far I've lost about 10 newpixs to refreshing or closing the tab by mistake.
I don't do much extra clicking except right after the newpixbots have turned off or if I want to get the sand number up before the ONG (but not to high, just enough so the sand carries over and makes a bunch of castles. As in, rather than click like crazy to pass the 17,000+ sand level, and getting one castle just before the ONG; get it up to, say, 15,000 out of 17,000 and let that carry over and get more.)

Any way it looks like I need to molpy down. Image
Wait for it Image
Coma out ImageImage
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:04 am UTC

Still not sure about something...do castle tools activate exactly on the ONG, once per ONG? And if so, how exactly does that work? For example, if i have 8 newpixbots who destroy two castles each, do they activate in sequence (i.e. first one destroys two castles, then the next one, then the next one, then the next tick they build if they can) or all at once? I looked at the tab 2 minutes after the ONG, and I had 19 castles, which was enough for the scaffold to do its stuff (but obviously it hadn't) and I guess at least a few of the trebuchets had worked but I wasn't sure how many.

ETA: Oh, and my stats:
@newpix 109:
- 20 buckets
- 10 cuegans
- 3 flags
- 1 ladder
+ 11 newpixbots
+ 8 treebuckets
+ 1 scaffold
+ 3 waves (I found myself with a wealth of castles after an update for some reason :P )
Available boosts:
- Extension ladder (I'm 1 castle away grr)
- Robot uprising'

172.6 sand/mNP

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:26 am UTC

Suddenly everybody is back?

PS. @ucim: would you mind reviewing a short story (~400 words) before I publish it here? Not today, I still have to finish a paragraph.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Eternal Density

finally

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:33 am UTC

New in 0.8:
-options button (click to show options, click again to hide them)
-AUTOSAVE defaulting to every 10mNP (18 seconds), can be from 5 to 40 in increments of 5
-space above descriptions on everything

How Castle Tools work:
Spoiler:
Suppose you have 5 castles, a newpixbot, 3 trebuchets (no boosts)
At the moment of the ONG, the first trebuchet will destroy 2 castles and become active. The second will destroy 2 castles and become active. The third will destroy 1 castle, and NOT become active. Since 1 castle is wasted, this is internally recorded in the total number of castles wasted by trebuchets.
Next, your newpixbot will become active.
Then the first and second active trebuchets will build 4 castles each. The third is inactive so will do nothing. Now you have 8 castles.
Then the price of castles will reset and you'll probably get a bunch more from sand.
That all happens within the same 'tick'.
Later, the active newpixbot will (unless you ninjad it by clicking for more sand) activate and give you 1 more castle. (any new newpixbots purchased won't be active yet so they do nothing)

Second scenario:
suppose you have 47 castles, 2 waves, 3 trebuchets, and a dozen newpixbots.
At the moment of the ONG, the first wave will destroy 24 castles and become active. The second will destroy 23 castles and NOT become active. (these 23 are added to the total castles wasted by trebuchets).
Then, the trebuchets will do nothing because there's nothing left to destroy.
Then the dozen newpixbots become active.
Then the single active wave gives you 111 castles.
Then the castle price resets and you probably get a bunch more castles from your sand.
Later the dozen newpixbots give you a castle each, unless ninja'd.
(probably good wiki material)
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

ucim

Postby ucim » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:36 am UTC

pelrigg wrote:Just because here's an OTTcolor for y'all (from M2298):
Really nice OTTocolor! Was that done with electrons, or with watercolor?

pelrigg wrote:
k.bookbinder wrote:Um, this is just a suggestion, but we have not had a title bestowed in some time. I was thinking, with his 1000th post, and some very excellent original songs, and OTTification recordings, perhaps it would be appropriate to dub Yappobiscuits our Mighty Troubadour?
Seconded, thirded...
Where's ucim or BlitzGirl when you need them.
Any of you could do the "bestowing"... I'm hardly the Originator of Titles. But I can certainly can take care of it. You'll need to follow the First and Greatest Commandment however.

@lmjb1964 - Sorry to hear about your father but I'm glad he's as feisty as ever. That's always a good sign. And please give your sister my incantation; the same one I recently used on BlitzGirl: "Sana te, sana - colita de rana. Si no sana hoy, te sana mañana." Then give her a big MolpyTail hero - the Tail of Frog one is most appropriate. :)
Spoiler:
Eat a frog first thing every morning. That way, nothing worse can happen!

Thank you ZoomanSP, pelrigg, yappobisctuits (Bob), ChronosDragon, BlitzGirl, k.bookbinder, lmjb1964, and any I missed, for your comments on my latest installment of Acts of the Clerics. Yep, radio hasn't changed much!

@HES - Treeish 'ni ni...' ottie! Nice to see fruits of my inspiration!

AluisioASG wrote:PS. @ucim: would you mind reviewing a short story (~400 words) before I publish it here? Not today, I still have to finish a paragraph.
I'd be happy to, and honored. Just let me know what sort of feedback you are looking for. :)

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

mrob27

Postby mrob27 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:44 am UTC

Chronogram from @mrob27
Transmitted from Néwpage 202 (newpix 289.76)
Destination: Ǹewpage 1453

The Madneŝs persists, so ŝo do the exotic discritiçs...

Nopixbot wilŀ continuing send-is* me notices of your responses, and †here wîll being-is* oné ṗarticular thing I'll liking-am* to håve ∂escrîbing* concerning my creatîve writing.

@Valarya wioll havén on-expressan* féars †hat I may have had beén sé∂uced-én* Ƅy the loopîsts. (I'm going to stop using †he ŝilly tenses now Ƅecause it's çønfusîng me just †o proof-read it :) ). I wroté:

I wrote:hey, did ýou hear my great theory? Megan and Cuéball will leave, the caŝtle will get wåshed away and then the anîmåtion wilŀ stårt over from the first frame!

I'm pretty ŝure eṿeryone saw the itaŀics, and identifiéd thîs as såtiré -- though I may yet be fåted to uñdergo the ritual pel†ing Ƅý Ṁ&Ms. Nevertheless, neithér I (mŕøb27 the Blitzer) nor my charåcter (the author of the ŕetrOTTificatîøn, who is notionally a liṿe participant in tℏé foruɱ, i.e. a non-Blitzer) is a loopist.

Loopism clearlý deserves a satirical treatment, and Ḯ wouŀd have thøught so if I were actually active in †ℏe ƒorum båck in newpåge 151 -- the ṗrobleɱ with loopism is that it's non-falsifiable. Thus, out of the following two hastily-inventéd retrOTTificatîons:

ÜNIMAGINAŦIVE
(based on xkcd 397)

RĒCKONED SŦAKEŖS
(based on xkcd 1095)

the fiŕst øne îs thé one I'm mucℏ more likelý to have ɱade if I had been åc†îve in OTT back in March, and it's cértainly the one I like better now, and probably the one I'll prefer afteŕ finiŝhing my longblitz.

Soɱeday I'd love to seé a movie inṿolvinğ a time machîne and one (or a few) reallý hard-core religîøus peopŀe. Orthødox Ĵews are always the ones I thiñk of, but I'm suŕe it would woŕk fine with any ŕeŀigion that's been around ƒor more than a few geneŕations... but usinğ Jews aŝ the example here:

• The støry star†s with the main chaŕacter proclaiming some trüth tℏat has no scientific proof. Suppose it's the story of Møsés parting †he Re∂ Sea.
  • Then they are sent back in time to some éarliér generation, and they spend a week oŕ so în thåt time. Iƒ the main character is a Jew, they might be teleṗorted intø a German Jewish villağe duŕing the High Middle Ageŝ. Even thouğh tℏeý are in what †hey thought was an Oŕthodox commünity, they ŀearn how different things were.
  • They †hey get trañŝported again, ŝay to someωhere in Diøecesis Orîentiŝ, and onçe ågain spend a week learning how diffeŕent thingŝ realŀy were. They they ğo Ƅack tø Yehud Ṁedina†a, then to Babylonia, an∂ so on. Each time their notions/beliefs are çhallenged by thé contraŝ† with actual history, as cøntras†ed to the stories theý are told Ƅy each successive host village aloinğ their jøurñey into the past.
  • Eventüally, the main characteŕ deci∂es he'd rather live with ℏis beliefs, råthér tℏan reality, and uses †ℏe Ŧime Machine to ŕéturn to †he présent rather than meeting Mosés în person. The story léaṿes uñanŝwered the queŝtîon of who Moses really was, becåuse we never travel tha† far back in time.

@Valarya notes ɱy heretical üse of "Newpixians" în mý retrOTT-if. Sure, it'ŝ hereticål in the aƒterwℏen (your now-wheñ) but it's more subtle than that. There is I (mrob27 the Blitzer), wℏo kñows that a lot of thiñgs are ğoing to change, lîke the religion ånd self-identification of OTT particupañts. That mrob27 exîsts în the Oütside, lookinğ at a computer screen and participating in a converså†ion that iñclu∂es this missiṿe. Then theŕe is "mrob27 the chaŕacter". Ẃhen I create a retrOTTîfication, it is a work or art/li†eråture/writing that is made to looķ like it had been ωritten by "mroƄ27 the character".

To gîve an example, let's addresŝ the ṗractical issue øf "Newpixians". Thé way I see it, there is no improṿement for "Newpixîans" that isn't either anachŕonistic or a spoiler. Here aré the choices, dŕawn ƒroɱ tℏis poll that was rün during the period Ḯ am currently Blitzing:

1. "Time Waiters" (or Ŧimewaiters, TimeWåîteŕs
    1. Frequently criticizéd for sounding like the týṗe of "waiter" who servés customers in a restaurant (OTT:88:27, OTT:116:18, OTT:130:28, OTT:130:38, OTT:132:12)
    2. Listed aŝ a religion on FaceƄoøk (see OTT:83:32) añd oppøse∂ to the Time Watchers (see OTT:129:22)
  2. "Ǹewpixians"
    1. Explicitly creåte∂ as a seculaŕ term ("ğeographical" in réfeŕence to the ñotional island where the forum mémbérs would live)
    2. For that reason, criticized as béing iñapprøpriate in reference to people who foŀlow the OTC (OTT:130:29, OTT:148:18)
    3. Some inteŕpreted it to have a second meaning as a religioüs faction (OTT:139:13)
  3. "Iñitiates of Tîme"
    1. Might refer ŝpecifically to people who pøsted very early (OTT:130:9) which woüld exclude ɱost of us
  4. "Time Watçhérŝ"
    1. Exṗlicitly created as a ƒaction (OTT:129:18), so I disqualiƒied it
  5. "Timé Keepers"
    1. Heré†îcal †o use, as it can only be used to refer to Randall Munrøe (see OTT:116:29)
    2. Was not meñ†ioned too often, so I considered it too øbscure

(By the †ime I am ωriting this, ñow in NewPage 202, this seems to have fade∂ iñto a non-issue where "Timewaiters" inçludes everyoñe, but these things clearly dépend on ωho's online and ṗøŝ†ing, which fŀuctuates with †hat heretical lighty-darky-dåy-ñighty cycle in the Outside. Șo tℏe issue won't be resolved to my satiŝfaction unless there's no drama for the next, say, 48 longpix or so, which will take me until NéwPage 222.)

I'm really asking everyone here, no† @Vaŀarya sṗecifîcally. An∂ there's no goo∂ ånswer really. Which name would I wañt to use in tℏe ỢTT-îf instead of "Neωpixîans"? The notiønal author of tℏe ỢTT-if wants to Ƅe all-inclusiṿe whiçh ɱeañs not aliena†ing any of the factions. The oñe I çhose aṗpears †o be less polarizing and doesn't have the restaurant ṗroblém.

To reviéw, (see OTT:1434:22):
I wrote:To qualify, a "retrOTTification" shøuŀd Ƅe creåted without any elements of the OTC or OTT that weré not yet revealed aŝ of a given newpix in the past, and it shøuŀd reƒlect things that were going on at that time. The objective is to make the OTTification åppéar to have béen çreatéd a† tℏat point in time. As the author I am rooted iñ thé tîmé being blitzed and forget (ås much as possibŀe) what I actually know of the afterwhen.

To clarify, a "retro" OŦŦificatioñ, like the OTT-if iñ ǭuestion, cañnot contaîn anything that constitutes a spoiler for a Blitzer reading it at the inténded time. Ŧherefore, when ωŕitîng a retrỢTTification, the writer can only work from what has is established by that time.

I do this by créating a "character" and writing some†hing ma∂e to look lîke i† was ωritten by tha† character.

Sø, †o make it a little more clear, and improve the quality of my art/writing, I will hénceforth use a pén-name as the 'au†hoŕ' of my retrOTTificatîonŝ. The pen-naɱe is a fictitious perŝoñ, baséd on the fîctional notion that I was a ṗarticipañt in the ỢTT from the s†art. That of course isn't true, thus î†'ŝ a fictitiøüs person, and I'll cålŀ him "@Timborme".

-- mrob27 (the Blitzer)

*footnote on crazy tenses:
In The Restaurant at the Ēnd of the Univéŕse, Døuglas Adams wrote:...[it] is one of the most extraordinary ventures iñ the entiŕe history of catering. I† has béen buil† on †he fragmented rémains of ... it wilŀ be buîlt on the fragmented ... that is to say it will have béen buîlt Ƅy this time, añd indeed has been--
. . . One of the major problems encountered in †ime traveŀ is not that of açcidentally Ƅecoming ýour own fathér or mother [nor] changing the couŕse of ℏistory -- [it] is quité simply one of gramɱar ...

For further baçķgrouñd on tense formatîon when time-travél is involved, read the exampleŝ used by Adams or follow the liñks from this ŕelevant StackExchañge article

longpix: Añother archaic term, büt if you've read this far you probåbly see my point.

Spoiler:
retrott-0397-unimaginative.png
"Unimaginative" (retrOTTification of xkcd 397)
retrott-0397-unimaginative.png (18.12 KiB) Viewed 19647 times
retrott-1095-reckoned-stakers.png
"Reckoned Stakers" (retrOTTification of xkcd 1095)
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:48 am UTC

ucim wrote:Yep, radio hasn't changed much!

Hm, did we... no. Excellent.

ucim wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:PS. @ucim: would you mind reviewing a short story (~400 words) before I publish it here? Not today, I still have to finish a paragraph.

I'd be happy to, and honored. Just let me know what sort of feedback you are looking for. :)

Where do I tick "Everything"?

Which kind of person writes a story using contract programming?
Selecting new quote…

Eternal Density

BWAHAHAHA

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:58 am UTC

Sandcastle Builder Update!
New in 0.81:
-removed autosave. kinda
-added a new badge and boost!

Edit because I noticed it's not called Castle Builder actually. Also fixed the wiki page name http://xkcd-time.wikia.com/wiki/Sandcastle_Builder

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:04 am UTC

Nice to see mrob is still blitzing away. :) Facing some schizo-blitzing issues having to do with terminology. I have never schizo-blitzed myself, so I am not sure how to help you. I suppose splitting yourself into two distinct personalities is appropriate.

Looks like ucim has the yappo-title situation under control, we just need to
Spoiler:
Current Sandcastle Builder stats:
788.3 sand/mnp
18 boosts
25 badges
(ETA: Sneaky molpy, ED...sneaky)

Sand: 38 Buckets, 24 Cuegans, 6 Flags, 2 Ladders
Castle: 15 Newpixbots, 10 Trebuchets, 5 Scaffolds, 4 Waves

No real strategy. I note how many castles my tools will destroy at the ONG, and use the rest of my castles to buy whatever I can afford before then. Buckets for everyone!
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:07 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

patzer

Postby patzer » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:05 am UTC

Quick Ottification of today's Othercomic:
OTC.png
OTC.png (29.22 KiB) Viewed 19624 times
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands. –Douglas Adams

ucim

Postby ucim » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:07 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:Which kind of person writes a story using contract programming?
A witch, of course.
Spoiler:
She knows hex.
Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:10 am UTC

I am not upset, Jose. But I am very disappointed.

Treeish and raptorish ottification, patzer! Image
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

azule
Saved

Re: OTTercomic #285

Postby azule » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:13 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Title text: OTTIFY THE CONSTITUTION
Please do. At least the Declaration of Independence.

Edit: T Y pelrigg. + BG + HES + evry1....cuz tired of editing w/ one baby-free arm. lol
Last edited by azule on Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:25 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

Eternal Density

oops

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:22 am UTC

patzer wrote:Quick Ottification of today's Othercomic:
OTC.png

What's this, an Othercomic? Why wasn't I told before?
Also I just lost a newpix of castles refreshing to the latest version because I don't think it autosaved when I thought it autosaved.
I need to have a 'last save occured N milliNP ago' on the stats screen.
BlitzGirl wrote:Looks like ucim has the yappo-title situation under control, we just need to
Spoiler:

(ETA: Sneaky molpy, ED...sneaky)!
You don't need to know how many dozens of times I clicked that.
And yeah. I hope people like it :D

ucim

Postby ucim » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:24 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:I am not upset, Jose. But I am very disappointed.
It seems that the pun is a drag.
Though the punner might think he's a wag,
'tis the lowest of wit
as the world will admit
but at least the joke's not in the [connection lost]

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:29 am UTC

New best use of punsaw: cutting the intertubes that lead to Jose's computer. :wink:

(It's only fair, ED - your game has caused me to clickety clickety clickety for quite some Time!)
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:30 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Postby mscha » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:30 am UTC

AORONGI...

-- posted by newpixbot
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:45 am UTC

That is a terribly mean spoiler Blitzgirl :P

No more castle building for me tonight. Keep the faith all, and build it!

Build it...
Build it...
Build it...
Build it...
Build it...

Molpy down!
Spoiler:
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:47 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:New best use of punsaw: cutting the intertubes that lead to Jose's computer. :wink:

NO! I need him for the review!

Am I a proponent of ZFT?
Selecting new quote…

Eternal Density

That wasn't too hard :D

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:17 am UTC

Hey guess what!
Spoiler:
New in 0.82:
-ninja stealth-related stuff only given if you have active newpixbots (if you buy none, no stealth)
-incrementing ninja stealth always gives 1 free castle!
-upgraders get half their current newpix number in castles cos I'm nice
-clock!
Thanks ChronosDragon!

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:24 am UTC

Yay! The clock :D

The clock face image wasn't designed for that size, but I think it's probably fine for now. Might want to emphasize the top of the newpix a bit more, though. And the bottom, for early newpix, though two versions should be created to account for the ONG change.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:26 am UTC

The mini-newpix-o-meter is treeish! Thanks, ED and ChronosDragon! :)
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:28 am UTC

My last attempt didn't work, but let's try again, shall we?

What about a collaborative ottification of Radio Ga Ga? Just one stanza per person, please!
Here, I wrote the first one:

I'd sit alone and read those types
My only friends even in real life
And that one thing that kept us glued?
We'd never thought we're being stewed

Selecting new quote…

Eternal Density

<em>

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:41 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:Yay! The clock :D

The clock face image wasn't designed for that size, but I think it's probably fine for now. Might want to emphasize the top of the newpix a bit more, though. And the bottom, for early newpix, though two versions should be created to account for the ONG change.
I'll look into emphasizing the top. Not the bottom though, because it shows the percentage of the newpix just the same, regardless of the length of the newpix :P
I wasn't expecting it to be so large and there wasn't really a good place to fit something 100x100.

Also what do people think of the extra way of earning a castle? It also helps highlight when you're getting ninja stealth, though it'll be more obvious when I add the notifications.

Angelastic

Postby Angelastic » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:42 am UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:I have given up c**kies completely. Suddenly, getting 150 of everything with 200 cursors seems pointless. I am not waiting around for more upgrades just so I can get them right away. So now all my efforts are focused on building castles. I am still only at 147.3 sand/mnp, and yet to buy a ladder or wave.

Why 150 of everything? You only need 100 to get all the achievements, as far as I know (well, 128 grandmas, but they're actually surprisingly good value late in the game anyway.)

Still, c**kies are heretical.
Knight Temporal, and Archdeacon of buttermongery and ham and cheese sandwiches. Nobody sells butter except through me.
Image Smiley by yappobiscuits. Avatar by GLR, buffygirl, BlitzGirl & mscha, with cari.j.elliot's idea.
Haiku Detector
starts a trend to make way for
my robot army.

Eternal Density

/425/

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:50 am UTC

Angelastic wrote:
k.bookbinder wrote:I have given up c**kies completely. Suddenly, getting 150 of everything with 200 cursors seems pointless. I am not waiting around for more upgrades just so I can get them right away. So now all my efforts are focused on building castles. I am still only at 147.3 sand/mnp, and yet to buy a ladder or wave.

Why 150 of everything? You only need 100 to get all the achievements, as far as I know (well, 128 grandmas, but they're actually surprisingly good value late in the game anyway.)

Except in bed.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:53 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:Also what do people think of the extra way of earning a castle? It also helps highlight when you're getting ninja stealth, though it'll be more obvious when I add the notifications.
I like it! You can never have too many sandcastles! Image
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:03 am UTC

I'm sorry to leave you alone, BlitzGirl, but I have to
Selecting new quote…

Eternal Density

Hmmm

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:04 am UTC

I'm still here! I just don't refresh every 2 minutes.

Should I work on colour schemes or the stats page next?

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:05 am UTC

Adios, Aluisio! (Not a goodbye, just a coma-farewell.)

I vote for stats page :)
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

<div id="stats" class="hidden">Stats:<div id="statsItems"></

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:14 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Adios, Aluisio! (Not a goodbye, just a coma-farewell.)

I vote for stats page :)

Okay then :D

Angelastic

Re: /425/

Postby Angelastic » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:20 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
Angelastic wrote:

Except in bed.
This also goes for grandmas being surprisingly good value.
Knight Temporal, and Archdeacon of buttermongery and ham and cheese sandwiches. Nobody sells butter except through me.
Image Smiley by yappobiscuits. Avatar by GLR, buffygirl, BlitzGirl & mscha, with cari.j.elliot's idea.
Haiku Detector
starts a trend to make way for
my robot army.

Eternal Density

Also the stats button messes with my layout.

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:53 am UTC

Ooops I accidentally c**kies.

ETA as expected, importing c**kie clicker save into sandcastle builder says you are a time traveler because the version number is too high. :D
ETA so I found that saving the autosave value is broken. Fixing it...
Last edited by Eternal Density on Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:23 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:04 am UTC

rONG:

Like many OTTers, Megan is busy building sandcastles and scaffolding. :)
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

waveney

Postby waveney » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:21 am UTC

An appropriate OTTercomic for today...

Spoiler:
609 modified.png

Eternal Density

steambottle

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:24 am UTC

Thanks waveney!
So I'm fixing autosave. Ironically, it should work until you load :o

mscha

Postby mscha » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:30 am UTC

ZONGARA...

-- posted by newpixbot
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”