1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

ergman

Re: Why did this submit before I wrote anything?

Postby ergman » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:47 pm UTC

Flado wrote:
on Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:53:36 pm (NP921), ergman wrote:they will meet an old wizard on top of the mountain who will magically heal their wounds.
---snip---
just when all seems lost, LaPetite will drift by on the top half of their sandcastle and they will all get on and sail around the world

:shock: ergman!!! how?

Wow. I completely forgot about this prediction. I think the sheer amount of horrendously false ones makes up for it, though. I once predicted Cuegan and there people were pioneers on an alien world. (early journey period I think.)
so no, not GLR. Move along now.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby lmjb1964 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:48 pm UTC

Flado wrote:
on Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:53:36 pm (NP921), ergman wrote:they will meet an old wizard on top of the mountain who will magically heal their wounds.
---snip---
just when all seems lost, LaPetite will drift by on the top half of their sandcastle and they will all get on and sail around the world

:shock: ergman!!! how?

I am equal parts in awe of and afraid of ergman right now.

ggh wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:Thanks for asking. My dad is home and fine, it was a minor thing made worse by blood thinners, though they'll probably do some more tests. My sister's surgery went mostly well. (spoilered because I couldn't decide if it was TMI or not.)
Spoiler:
It was a double mastectomy with a somewhat complicated reconstruction. The mastectomy went fine, but the second part was supposed to be something called a DIEP flap. They weren't able to do it and had to do a TRAM flap, which can have some other complications. When she wakes up tomorrow and realizes it, I think she's going to be really sad, and that makes me sad. But the cancer should be gone, and though it will be a long recovery, she came through the surgery really well.
Ah... just read up on what those procedures are. Well, I hope the recovery goes as smoothly and hurts as little as possible. About the TMI thing: allow me a short rant. I hate when anyone says TMI to me or to anyone else. Real people have real bodies that do real things. While I'd agree that it's not good form to, say, talk about the texture of your mustard while someone is eating, I find that often people who call TMI are trying to make themselves look cool by making someone else feel awkward. I think the folks here, on the OTT, don't play that silly game. We're having too much fun playing other silly games. :)

First of all, thanks to all of you for the well wishes. Just talked to my sister, and she's doing great, physically and emotionally, so I'm very relieved. We're still waiting for the final word on whether or not she needs chemo, but I think there's a good chance that she won't.

As far as the TMI, I use it often as a joke. (One time I said it to my mom about something, can't remember what, some little thing. She didn't know what that meant, so I explained it to her. Later that day, my niece said something about going to the bathroom or something, and my mom said, "Sara, FYI!" Which of course was a lot funnier than if she had actually said what she meant.) But I found when I had my blog during my treatments that I would talk about medical stuff or breast stuff, and some people were uncomfortable with it. And then there's the thing of real life crossing over into online life, but as many have already said, we're all pretty open here. Which is very cool. By the way, have I said lately how truly awesomeful all of you are?

SBN wrote:My husband has a job interview today, which could cause some goodness, but also upheaval. (And I applied recently to continue my extra-ing fun, but no word yet.) I really need to do something about my day-to-day-to-day work situation, even if it causes me to be in ketchup mode more and interactive mode less.

I hope it works out for you guys!

AluisioASG wrote:
azule wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:I gave up after realizing I shouldn't be forcing my eye like that.

What's wrong with your eye? Recovering, I hope. *salud*

Doctor says it's past the optical correction phase. I should bump these font sizes and stop reading at night before I go completely blind.
(It's a congenital case, but some situations exhaust my functional eye noticeably quickly, like the word search.)

I'm sorry to hear that, Aluisio. Stop reading at night!
Also, I noticed that your dragon is looking decidely canine lately. :) What a cute wolpy! (though he looks a little mopey.)

42 guests wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
waveney wrote:
pelrigg wrote:It's pretty late on a Saturdip. And the only ones I see are BlitzGirl and some guests. But Molpy down I must. BltzGirl, I'm sorry to leave you so lonely.

But I have been up for an hour this lovely Sundip morning - though I will be gone in 600mNP - I have some Molpies to look after.

Yes, the WHO IS ONLINE, it lies. It's probably heretical, but at least it makes a molpish 42 guests sandwich.

Lurking and ketchuping a few newpages back, and saw my name. Blindposting to say "hi"!

It is neat to see all the wonderful stuff in the past, but I look forward to lurking in the present again...

Hi, 42 guests! Nice to see you!

Valarya wrote:In somewhat related news: I finally started watching Firefly. I like space cowboy stuff, and I'm huge in to sci-fi, but man some of this dialogue is just terrible. I also don't understand why everyone is obsessed with River Tam (Summer Glau). Kayley is a much better character and way more attractive. I am liking the show overall, though.

:shock: You think the dialogue is terrible? You know, when we started watching it, it seemed like stuff didn't make sense, or we were missing stuff, so we started watching it with subtitles. There were just so many funny things that we would have missed otherwise. Try it and see what you think. And of course, some of the dialogue is in Chinese. :)
ETA to say you sorta have to wait for it to see what the deal is with Summer, but in any case, I agree, I LOVE Kayley.

Caswallon wrote:*Pokes head up from the basement, looks around*
Wow, things still going on over here :wink:
*ducks back*

Caswallon, so good to see you! Hope you're all staying warm down there in the basement.

BlitzGirl wrote:@42 guests: Hi! Nice to see you lurking about!
@lmjb1964: Best wishes for your sister, I hope the cancer is all gone! Ch*rping cancer.
@the-rob-who-shall-not-be-named: He's right, it's not quite schizo-blitzing, but receiving reports from the Present does add a new dimension to a blitz. Robblitzing?
@yappo: You have OTTer fans already, so I"m sure Outside fans will be along shortly!

Sciscitor wrote:I came up with a scheme where the user registers at the Database site and then gets a random key xe has to paste into a post (as a footnote or ETA whatever) and then tell the Database the post number. The Database then looks up if the user has actually posted the key and therefore confirms the users identity.
It would be some programming and I am not sure if there is really interest in such a feature, though the Database could act as a kind of a clearing house for other projects, once it is in place.
The alternative (if not many OTTers are interested in such a feature) would simply be to send me a PM and I would do the registration manually.

Treeish idea! I'm interested in registering either way. :)

Me too!
Yeah, and pardon my OTTish, but chirping mustard cancer!

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:02 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Yeah, and pardon my OTTish, but chirping mustard cancer!

Hear, hear! OTTish heartily pardoned. :)

Time for a rONG:
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:10 pm UTC

@ucim - Thanks for saying that. *adds to list* *adds to list of embarrassing incidents in my life* Different list.

yappobiscuits wrote:But because you never see a "1024 GB" hard drive (because of course that would be a terabyte) I just never associated the number 1024 with computery stuff before
That is a spectacular point.

ucim wrote:I wonder if the molpies will like their molpy-balls so much they won't want to get out of them!
Oh, how could you? LMAO!

waveney wrote:this is my 100th post

Thanks for the notes on the Beany ONGs, of which I enjoyed, so double thanks! And congrats on your centennial post. Don't forget to say penis or something. :mrgreen:

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:28 pm UTC

Move along regular OTTers. There's a message about Firefly in here for @lmjb. Didn't want to m*stard up the page with a post just based on one back-and-forth discussion about something so off-topic. (Hahah, I crack myself up..)

Spoiler:
lmjb1964 wrote:
Valarya wrote:In somewhat related news: I finally started watching Firefly. I like space cowboy stuff, and I'm huge in to sci-fi, but man some of this dialogue is just terrible. I also don't understand why everyone is obsessed with River Tam (Summer Glau). Kayley is a much better character and way more attractive. I am liking the show overall, though.

:shock: You think the dialogue is terrible? You know, when we started watching it, it seemed like stuff didn't make sense, or we were missing stuff, so we started watching it with subtitles. There were just so many funny things that we would have missed otherwise. Try it and see what you think. And of course, some of the dialogue is in Chinese. :)
ETA to say you sorta have to wait for it to see what the deal is with Summer, but in any case, I agree, I LOVE Kayley.

See, I had already watched the movie Serenity a long time ago... not realizing it was a movie to a series. I also have a thing for spoilers (I love them.) so I know all about what's really going on with River. :P

Oh look! An OTTer eating c**kies. That's related.

Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

Eternal Density

Molpy Up

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:52 pm UTC

The thing with RiverTam is more that she gained more memetic status than the undeniably sweet (and shiny ) Kaylee.

As for identifying Sandcastle Builder players, I'd been joking about that, but I can see that having OTTers paste a code into a post would work as a method of confirming identity. Don't expect it in the Sandcastle game though. I'm keeping it as just a clientside thing.

TamTam
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

Angelastic

Postby Angelastic » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:59 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Well of course I don't have to, but I want to. I always love it when a musician I like keeps a twitter or facebook page and stays in touch with their fans, and if in the future I'm ever lucky enough to have fans I'd want to keep in touch with them too.

What's all this about 'future fans' and 'never had a girlfriend'? You not only already have fans, you have a Marrying Yappo Queue Mob.

Also, yeah, Kaylee is all happy and smiley and excited about things and I like her. River is interesting too, but just as when people do this with other actors, I don't understand why people so often seem to talk and sing and write comics about Summer Glau as if she were actually River Tam. River Tam even has the same prosody, and is almost as much fun to say. There's no need to refer to River by an Outside name that people who know about her don't even necessarily recognise, and it's silly to assume Summer has anything in common with her apart from (when in the right makeup/costume) a resemblance.

I mean, if we're going to pretend people are whoever they resemble, we may as well just refer to Malcolm Reynolds as Barney Rubble and wonder how quickly he had to run to get the ship up to escape velocity. :p
Knight Temporal, and Archdeacon of buttermongery and ham and cheese sandwiches. Nobody sells butter except through me.
Image Smiley by yappobiscuits. Avatar by GLR, buffygirl, BlitzGirl & mscha, with cari.j.elliot's idea.
Haiku Detector
starts a trend to make way for
my robot army.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:02 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:Move along regular OTTers. There's a message about Firefly in here for @lmjb. Didn't want to m*stard up the page with a post just based on one back-and-forth discussion about something so off-topic. (Hahah, I crack myself up..)

Spoiler:
lmjb1964 wrote:

See, I had already watched the movie Serenity a long time ago... not realizing it was a movie to a series. I also have a thing for spoilers (I love them.) so I know all about what's really going on with River. :P

Ah, I see. And I think we could argue that Firefly is completely related. As are cookies, cakes, Antares, squirpys, baobabs, Madagascar, sand, linguistics, math, astonomy, keyboards, popes, mustard, coffee, babies, wolpies, Buffy, pricklymolps . . .

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:16 pm UTC

Do I spy a Beanie in Click and Drag?

redundant
Spoiler:
cd_beanie.png
cd_beanie.png (5.06 KiB) Viewed 10682 times

cd_beanie_redundant.png
cd_beanie_redundant.png (5.69 KiB) Viewed 10682 times

Hmm, the redundant image is attachment #39900

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:28 pm UTC

Earthling on Mars wrote:Do I spy a Beanie in Click and Drag?

redundant
Spoiler:
cd_beanie.png

cd_beanie_redundant.png

Not to mention, Chirping Mustard.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:37 pm UTC

SBN wrote:

redundant
Spoiler:
cd_beanie.png

cd_beanie_redundant.png

I think that's a mustard chirpy, actually.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:43 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:
azule wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:I gave up after realizing I shouldn't be forcing my eye like that.

What's wrong with your eye? Recovering, I hope. *salud*

Doctor says it's past the optical correction phase. I should bump these font sizes and stop reading at night before I go completely blind.
(It's a congenital case, but some situations exhaust my functional eye noticeably quickly, like the word search.)

I'm sorry to hear that, Aluisio.

It's fine. The good thing about it being congenital is that I'll never complain about having "lost" vision. It's perfectly normal for me to have an ~110° field of view.
It would also allow me to do this in the future:

lmjb1964 wrote:Stop reading at night!

Considering how awkward my schedule is, I'm afraid that's not going to happen anytime soon. Luckily my room's lamp is going strong, so I just have to adjust the monitor brightness.

lmjb1964 wrote:Also, I noticed that your dragon is looking decidedly canine lately. :) What a cute wolpy! (though he looks a little mopey.)

Yep. That's my grandma's blue-eyed dog.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:36 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
SBN wrote:

Spoiler:

Now how do you think the chirpy feels being called mustardy? :(

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:46 pm UTC

Earthling on Mars wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
SBN wrote:

Spoiler:

Now how do you think the chirpy feels being called mustardy? :(

Probably the same way boobies and tits feel... :wink:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:58 pm UTC

svenman wrote:azule, as far as the graphics are concerned your ottification was really steakish! But the idea of the story really was too difficult to understand, I guess. I for one didn't get it until you explained it, and that probably kept me from commenting. More or less the same may have gone for many others of us, and that may explain the general lack of (unsolicited) comments on your ottercomic in the thread.

<snip/>

I suppose I'm not going to commit myself. :)
Schizo-blitzing usually doesn't count as an officially recognized disorder, so you shouldn't commit yourself. ;)

Thanks for the comment. It makes sense that way. I guess I was right from the beginning...comic requires explanation, would not view again. ;) lol

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:00 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Earthling on Mars wrote:Now how do you think the chirpy feels being called mustardy? :(

Probably the same way boobies and tits feel... :wink:

Not to mention the Shag.

Daaaaamn! Damn damn and double DAMN. I just broke my ninja stealth streak by forgetting to click once. I was working towards Ninja Madness...
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

Eternal Density

testing

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:17 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Daaaaamn! Damn damn and double DAMN. I just broke my ninja stealth streak by forgetting to click once. I was working towards Ninja Madness...
I'm actually planning to make a boost which gives you one free pass before breaking the chain. I guess you'll be buying it :P
Also I accidentally c**kies for 20 mins :(
ETA:
A little update!
0.901:
-demustard, mustard detection
-newpixbot delay stat
-made notification shadow white for light theme
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:56 pm UTC

It's surely quiet here tonight.

Could laser satellites be the cause of the blocking of Gibraltar?
Selecting new quote…

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:58 pm UTC

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I BROKE THE PATTERN!

What kind of person uses a pack of paper sheets as support for their notebook?
What kind of person stops using Twitter because of a TV series?
What kind of person owns one toy, one graffiti painting, two sculptures and three four books about dragons?
Selecting new quote…

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:05 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:It's surely quiet here tonight.

That seems like it should be possible, but it would take a lot of them to prevent leakage due to the irregular shapes of the solar panels. Besides, it would probably be simpler and cheaper to just use steel reinforced concrete.

Still, probably a bit better idea than using c**kies.

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:12 am UTC

Well, if ODIN had anything to do with it, then perhaps yes.

I'm here, by the way. Just a bit preoccupied.

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:14 am UTC

slinches wrote:

That seems like it should be possible, but it would take a lot of them to prevent leakage due to the irregular shapes of the solar panels. Besides, it would probably be simpler and cheaper to just use steel reinforced concrete.

Still, probably a bit better idea than using c**kies.

Not exactly what I meant, but I was reading about satellite constellations anyway.

What kind of person fancies geckos because of their dog?
Selecting new quote…

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:14 am UTC

How about a crossword? This should be relatively simple for OTTers, and probably confusing for Outsiders. :wink:

Redundant:
Spoiler:

CrosswordExclamations1.png

Keywords: BGUM crossword exclamations exclamation puzzle
redundant165.png
redundant165.png (79.84 KiB) Viewed 10507 times
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Whizbang
The Best Reporter

Re: testing

Postby Whizbang » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:27 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:Daaaaamn! Damn damn and double DAMN. I just broke my ninja stealth streak by forgetting to click once. I was working towards Ninja Madness...
I'm actually planning to make a boost which gives you one free pass before breaking the chain. I guess you'll be buying it :P
Also I accidentally c**kies for 20 mins :(
ETA:
A little update!
0.901:
-demustard, mustard detection
-newpixbot delay stat
-made notification shadow white for light theme

Anyone else's game go wonky with this update?

I get this, no image, just text:

Code: Select all

Save Load Export Import Molpy Down Coma Options Stats
Options:
Autosave

Colour Scheme

Stats:
Total Sand Dug:
Sand Dug by Hand:
Sand Clicks:
Sand per Click:
Total Sand Spent:

Total Castles Built:
Total Castles Destroyed:
Total Castles Spent:

NewPixBot delay:
Ninja Stealth Streak:

Times Loaded:
mNP since last autosave:
Times Saved:

Notifications Received:

Sand Tools Owned:
Castle Tools Owned:
Boosts Owned:
Badges Earned:

Global Sand/mNP multiplier:

188 castles
105,313 sand out of 514,229 needed
710.9 sand/milliNewPix

Newpix 241
The Sandcastle Eon
The Castleiferous Era
Second Megan Period

Version: 0.901
Loot:
[boost]
Autosave Option
[boost]
Helpful Hands
[boost]
Bigger Buckets
[boost]
Helping Hand
[boost]
Precise Placement
[boost]
True Colours

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:31 am UTC

@ChronosDragon, wrt ODIN:
Spoiler:
ChronosDragon wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:Could laser satellites be the cause of the blocking of Gibraltar?

Well, if ODIN had anything to do with it, then perhaps yes.

Wiki page on ODIN wrote:This has the power to exterminate cities (both traction and static) and provoke volcanic eruptions.

Could it be used as a drill to bring material from the mantle?

Wiki page on ODIN wrote:As well as its immensely powerful weaponry, ODIN appears to show signs of intelligence.

Based on the description, it's all standard stuff. For example, the orbit change can be implemented using Google Maps.

Hm. Can Google Maps write a story?

@BlitzGirl: * saves for when he switches to an OS he can print on
Selecting new quote…

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:32 am UTC

What kind of person always buys 3-years-old cellphones?
Selecting new quote…

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:38 am UTC

What kind of person is often perplexed by AluisioASG's posts?
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

AluisioASG

I must not forget it

Postby AluisioASG » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:40 am UTC

SBN wrote:What kind of person is often perplexed by AluisioASG's posts?

Everyone, apparently.

What kind of person uses a wristwatch as a wall clock?
Selecting new quote…

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:48 am UTC

Sorry, I've been distracted by the treeish crossword! Only one word left to figure out. I'm a little stuck on 26.
Whizbang wrote:Anyone else's game go wonky with this update?

Options:
Autosave

Colour Scheme

Stats:
Total Sand Dug:
Sand Dug by Hand:
Sand Clicks:
Sand per Click:
Total Sand Spent:

Total Castles Built:
Total Castles Destroyed:
Total Castles Spent:

NewPixBot delay:
Ninja Stealth Streak:

Times Loaded:
mNP since last autosave:
Times Saved:

Notifications Received:

Sand Tools Owned:
Castle Tools Owned:
Boosts Owned:
Badges Earned:

188 castles
710.9 sand/milliNewPix

Newpix 241
The Sandcastle Eon
The Castleiferous Era
Second Megan Period

Loot:
[boost]
Autosave Option
[boost]
Helpful Hands
[boost]
Bigger Buckets
[boost]
Helping Hand
[boost]
Precise Placement
[boost]
True Colours

Odd. You've tried refreshing again? Also can you bring up a javascript console and see any error messages?

ucim

Postby ucim » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:49 am UTC

Treeish puzzle BlitzGirl! Yes, easy for OTTers, impossible for outsiders! (The only one I'm stuck on is 26 across)

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:50 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:How about a crossword? This should be relatively simple for OTTers, and probably confusing for Outsiders. :wink:
Spoiler:
Rescheduling my regular
Spoiler:
catsup
to say: Awefulsome crossword, BlitzGirl! Now, as a challenge for all y'all: De-ottify the crossword by keeping the answers, but finding new descriptions.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

Whizbang
The Best Reporter

Postby Whizbang » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:50 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:Sorry, I've been distracted by the treeish crossword! Only one word left to figure out. I'm a little stuck on 26.
Whizbang wrote:Anyone else's game go wonky with this update?

Options:
Autosave

Colour Scheme

Stats:
Total Sand Dug:
Sand Dug by Hand:
Sand Clicks:
Sand per Click:
Total Sand Spent:

Total Castles Built:
Total Castles Destroyed:
Total Castles Spent:

NewPixBot delay:
Ninja Stealth Streak:

Times Loaded:
mNP since last autosave:
Times Saved:

Notifications Received:

Sand Tools Owned:
Castle Tools Owned:
Boosts Owned:
Badges Earned:

188 castles
710.9 sand/milliNewPix

Newpix 241
The Sandcastle Eon
The Castleiferous Era
Second Megan Period

Loot:
[boost]
Autosave Option
[boost]
Helpful Hands
[boost]
Bigger Buckets
[boost]
Helping Hand
[boost]
Precise Placement
[boost]
True Colours

Odd. You've tried refreshing again? Also can you bring up a javascript console and see any error messages?

Yeah. Odd. It seems to be only on that machine. It froze/crashed and this is how it appears now, even with refreshing and closing and re-opening the browser. I shut the machine down. Maybe it will be back to normal on a reboot.

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:52 am UTC

List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

ucim

Postby ucim » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:52 am UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:Rescheduling my regular
Yeah, I see it now. I had a crossing in the past tense rather than the progressive one.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:54 am UTC

Done! Stuck on 26 as well until I saw the last couple comments. Pretty sure I have 36 across wrong, though, which means I probably have a couple others wrong as well.

Spoiler:

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:56 am UTC

mscha wrote:
Spoiler:

Welcome back, mscha! And treeish OtherComicification!
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:58 am UTC

At first I thought "What, new ONGs?" but then I realised "wait, that's not newpixbot, it's actually mscha!" Good to see you again! :mrgreen:

Treeish crossword, BlitzGirl! Nearly done, but stuck on these:
Spoiler:
36: I can only think of "hepta", i.e. prefix meaning seven, but that's not really a measure of seaishness...
30: If the above is right, it could be "Haha" but I don't know.

ETA: I see ChronosDragon thinks the same...

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:59 am UTC

Very good, ChronosDragon! :) Yes, 36-across isn't right, but the only other one that's wrong is 30-down. Seems like yappo is stuck in the same place. Try figuring out 36 first.

Mscha! You're alive!!! :D

ucim wrote:Treeish puzzle BlitzGirl! Yes, easy for OTTers, impossible for outsiders! (The only one I'm stuck on is 26 across)

I thought that one might be a problem.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

debugging

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:01 am UTC

Whizbang wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:Odd. You've tried refreshing again? Also can you bring up a javascript console and see any error messages?

Yeah. Odd. It seems to be only on that machine. It froze/crashed and this is how it appears now, even with refreshing and closing and re-opening the browser. I shut the machine down. Maybe it will be back to normal on a reboot.
What browser is this?
Does Export work?

ucim wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:Rescheduling my regular
Yeah, I see it now. I had a crossing in the past tense rather than the progressive one.

Jose
Aha! Yeah I had that too because I was thinking of Cuegan as a plural. With that, I'm done :D

spoiler for a word ChronosDragon has wrong:
Spoiler:
tada!
(I briefly had another wrong word there myself:
Spoiler:
neat
)

ETA major spoiler completed crossword:
or in the words of BlitzGirl:
THIS IS A REAL SPOILER

IT SHOWS THE COMPLETED CROSSWORD

SO DON'T CLICK IT IF YOU WANT TO TRY SOLVING THE CROSSWORD
Spoiler:
CrosswordExclamations.png
Last edited by Eternal Density on Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:59 am UTC, edited 3 times in total.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:02 am UTC

Got it!
Actual spoiler, contains solutions
Spoiler:
"Depth" and "Tada"!

So I'm done, but do I have a post a pic to prove it, or will you take my word for it?
Last edited by yappobiscuits on Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:14 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”