1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:53 pm UTC

VITSSÅGEN, JA! :mrgreen:

ucim wrote:(Sorry about that punsaw mikrit - Blitzgirl loves to cruyt rousses!)

What this means, I still do not know. However, I am nearly positive that it is a type of punnitry.
Jose, I have no choice but to scrumptious donut you.
Spoiler:
Optional decree:
Use the phrase VITSSÅGEN, JA! somewhere in your post.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:00 pm UTC

YAY, thanks svenman! It's awesomeful to have someone who knows more what they're talking about have a look at it ;)

Only thing I'd change now is the chorus. I added the "ja"s so that it'd fit the rhythm, but since you've added the extra syllable with "Vitssågen", the "ja"s are no longer necessary. Makes it truer to the "Trollhammaren!" original too! (Even though that is four syllables, it's done over three like "Trollham'ren!"). Also removed "klinga" for the same reason.

So, to present the proper final draft...
Vitssågen
To the tune of "Trollhammaren" by Finntroll

Spoiler:
Bland skuggor rider BlitzGirl
I den enda sanna tråden
Griper hård på en mäktig motorsåg
Ut för svaga komikerns blod!

VITSSÅGEN!
VITSSÅGEN!

Vitssågen sveper igen!
Hugga ned, broder igen!
Hör det sista ropet -
BlitzGirl med sågen är här!

VITSSÅGEN!

Hon tolererar inte vitsar
Berätta ett skämt, hon kommer till dig
Du ska vara maktlös.
Inga ögon ser din änd.

VITSSÅGEN!
VITSSÅGEN!

Sedan mörkret övertog.
Räds den vitsarnas kalla fingrar.
Som griper tag och förlever.
Under kommande vinternatt.

VITSSÅGEN!
VITSSÅGEN!
VITSSÅGEN!

Funny thing. I kinda figured that "I den enda sanna tråd" was wrong and it should've been "tråden", but the original lyric is "Som en svarta träd", or "like a black tree". So it was kind of a hidden pun, tråd/träd :P

ETA: Sorry BlitzGirl, the removal of the "ja"s kinda steps on your decree :P
Last edited by yappobiscuits on Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:06 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

Eternal Density

Molpy on task

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:02 pm UTC

*pelts ucim with scrumptious donuts*

So I'm working on mathematical formulae to fix the NPB issue :D The main problem was that I didn't really figure HAL-0-Kitty into it.
Also I'm reducing the messages by a factor of 50.

ETA: Sharing something I wrote in a PM, which applies to all:
I wrote:If you do have some art you'd like to contribute, feel free to do so. Just keep in mind the size of the existing images, and that they're black-on-transparent so I can then easily make white or grey versions to use for various situations. If there's a badge or a boost that you think could do with a special image, I can add it in.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:15 pm UTC

Well, I had a ketchup post started yesterday but I never got a chance to finish it, and now I'm at a different computer and didn't save a draft, so I'll post those replies later. Here's my post-ketchup ketchup. It still managed to be rather seaish. Are my ketchup posts too seaish? Let me know if they needs some concisifying.

Happy 800, azule!! :D

Brilliant comic, HES! (Not sure if it would be an otterottercomic, or what… An ottification, I guess.) Did you see yappo in Otterton? I assume that's where he lives.

Thanks for all the puzzles, SBN! Although when you said "Here's a diversion for you," I thought, Great! Just what I need, more diversions. I haven't done any of BlitzGirl's latest crosswords (apparently she's turned into a crossword-producing machine!) and never finished Ebonite's word search. I did the first jigsaw puzzle you did. A little easy, but fun. The sliding tile thing--I suck at those. I get myself boxed into a corner and then get frustrated and give up. Which is exactly what happened. But I appreciate the concept. And I think I will have to forgo the other games and puzzles till I finish a couple of Outside projects that I really really need to finish. You people are too distracting! Stop it! (I'm kidding of course--don't stop.)

ergman, I listened to your OTVO recordings. They were well done, but they do sound more like a teenager than a kid. If we can figure out who said some of the other stuff, or how to pronounce Beanish, it would be great to have you do one of those voices. Oh, yappo did a recording too, didn't he? I haven't listened to it yet, but his voice is so distinctive I can see it might be tough to have him do Cue and the kid. BTW yap, have you recorded any more of Cue's lines yet? :twisted:

AluisioASG wrote:Ouch. This is my last post.

What kind of person has only virtual friends?

OK, I know I've been ninja'd, but I will assume you mean until you visit your postiversary story. Right???? :evil:

To answer your question, probably someone who is shy and has a hard time opening up to people IRL, and who needs an open and supportive place to be able to let their unique personality show through. :)

FredMSloniker wrote:Thanks! I was able to pull down the images and go through the story. Pretty cool!

Welcome to the thread! Nice to see you. And welcome to kr4 also!

k.bookbinder wrote:Note to self (and a warning to others): when trying to ketchup, do not start laundry, do not start cleaning the house, and do not start watching the original Star Wars trilogy. Especially do not start all three at once. :roll:

Yep, I can see how that would not work. The laundry one might be ok. See, I just don't clean my house, so I don't have the problem. No, seriously.

mikrit wrote:
Spoiler:
BlitzGirl wrote:
Vytron wrote:THE WORK OF EVERYONE HAS BEEN MUSTCHICEGRANDMING BABIESASS!

I DO NOT NOTICE ESPY SEE ANYTHING ERRONEOUS WRONG WITH THIS.

Blixtrar den ene, så åskar den andre Oscar II. I mean I agree.
(That was an ancient Swedish p*n that kind of describes the thread pretty well. Attempts to explain will be a bit tedious, but if you like tediously explained foreign p*ns:
Spoiler:
Aron Jonason was Royal Photographer for King Oscar II. One day, the king said:
- You sure make a lot of flashes today.
And Jonason replied at once:
- If one person makes flashes, then the other one makes thunder.
Which is funny, because "the other one makes thunder" sounds exactly like "Oscar II". If you say it Swedish, of course. Foreign languages can be strange like that. It would be less funny if it had been the current King Carl XVI Gustaf.)

The joke didn't make me laugh, but your last line did. :) Nice to see you in the present!

Neil_Boekend wrote:
AUW
My muscles hurt. Almost all of them.
I spend the better part of the wipend on a rooftop. Walking on a rooftop uses some muscles that don't get used all that much.

I wouldn't think a dead otter's muscles would even be able to hurt. You can't just float over the rooftop?

SBN wrote:Here we go round the wowterful tree
The wowterful tree
The wowterful tree
Here we go round the wowterful tree
So early in the mornip.

All around the wowterful tree
The molpy chased the squirpy
The molpy thought 'twas all in fun,
Pop! goes the squirpy.

Ah, that version is much better!

MistyCat wrote:BlindPosting from 745
Cheered by Sigcouragement from SBN, AluisioASG, Earthling on Mars and TheMinim (Thank you, I checked and indeed my briefs are now blipless).

Thank you, BlitzGirl. I heeded your advice, I looked at the Bad and accepted that "This too shall pass," and Lo, it passed, and all became Good.
So I looked at the Good, and thought, "This too shall pass."
Spoiler:
I'm practicing to be potentially the best pessimist possible.
:D :D :D :D

Thank you, lmjb1964. You're right, It's the most wonderful thread on the net.
lmjb1964 wrote:As penance for any flame-bait I may have contributed, I offer a song:
"It's the most wonderful thread on the net." (I started with "on the web," but couldn't think of any words that rhymed with "web.")
Spoiler:
It's the most wonderful thread on the net.
With the posters all posting,
And all of us boasting, “There’s no flame wars yet!”

It's the hap-happiest thread of them all.
We make sharing appealing
And unhappy feeling we try to forestall.
It's the hap-happiest thread of them all.

We have people that write songs
And cool bots that post ONGs
And people that make awesome graphs.
There is great animation
And folks from each nation who
Share in the stories and laughs.

We discuss each new theory
And answer each query with
“Yes, sure, you bet!”

We have science and cool hats
And even a few cats
And artwork and puzzles sublime.
The road may get rocky
But read “Jabberwalky”
To realize how special is “Time.”

And I cherish this new bond
Of each of you I’m fond,
Though we’ve never met.
It's the most wonderful thread,
It's the most wonderful thread,

Oh, good, I was so worried about MistyCat. I felt bad because I meant to send some sigcouragement and didn't, but it looks like maybe my song encouraged xim. Yay!

HES wrote:Thanks for the re-welcomes! I had a great time on the trip, now tomorrow I'm completing the move oop north so will be quiet for the next couple of days.
ZoomanSP wrote:Unfortunately, I couldn't find a hamply in an old Mini Cooper, but I hope this one will do!

Heh, I'd also tried with no success. And since I no longer have access to the actual hamply, I'm stuck with my (admittedly seaish) archive of pictures for these things.

BlitzGirl, can I borrow the molpy army? They look like they're good at heavy lifting.

What happened to your actual hamply? :( Good luck with the move, but be careful with that molpy army. They might be good at heavy lifting, but make sure they don't get confused and try to lock you in the basement. :?

Whizbang wrote:
Spoiler:

Awesomeful!!

yappobiscuits wrote:
Vitssåg
To the tune of "Trollhammaren" by Finntroll
Spoiler:
Bland skuggor rider BlitzGirl
I den enda sanna tråd
Griper hård på en mäktig motorsåg
Ut för svaga komikerns blod!

VITSSÅG, JA!
VITSSÅG, JA!

Vitssågens klinga sveper igen!
Hugga ned, broder igen!
Hör det sista ropet -
BlitzGirl med vitssåg är här!

VITSSÅG, JA!

Hon tolererar inte vitsar
Berätta ett skämt, hon kommer till dig
Du ska vara maktlös.
Inga ögon ser din änd.

VITSSÅG, JA!
VITSSÅG, JA!

Sedan mörkret övertog.
Räds den vitsar kalla fingrar.
Som griper tag och förlever.
Under kommande vinternatt.

VITSSÅG, JA!
VITSSÅG, JA!
VITSSÅG, JA!

(With apologies to mikrit or any other Swedish speakers - I don't actually know any Swedish, I just used Google Translate to change some words around.)

What it's supposed to be in English:
Spoiler:
Amongst the shadows rides BlitzGirl
In the One True Thread
Gripping hard a mighty chainsaw
Looking for weak joker's blood

PUNSAW, YEAH!
PUNSAW, YEAH!

The punsaw's blade swoops again!
Strike down, brother again!
Hear the last howl -
BlitzGirl with the punsaw is here!

PUNSAW, YEAH!

She does not tolerate puns
Tell a joke, she'll come for you
You will be helpless
No eyes see your end

PUNSAW, YEAH!
PUNSAW, YEAH!

Then the darkness took control
Fearing the cold fingers of puns
That take hold and persist
During the coming winter night

PUNSAW, YEAH!
PUNSAW, YEAH!
PUNSAW, YEAH!

BlitzGirl wrote:
HES wrote:BlitzGirl, can I borrow the molpy army? They look like they're good at heavy lifting.

Of course! The Molpy Moving Co. - Got a Heretic? We Will Rope 4 U!
Express basement services are our specialty!
(Candy-pelting available upon request.)
[/center]

:D

And the only other thing I have to say is--VITSSÅG, JA!

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

dawnfire

Postby dawnfire » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:16 pm UTC

FYI, ED: Don't know if you've spotted this, but the badge for getting 7,500 sand/mNP is mustarded - the code for giving the badge is missing the 'all' in the string, I think.

Keep up the good work!

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:28 pm UTC

Oops, forgot to say, ED, that every upgrade of SandCastle Builder gets more and more awesomeful!! I don't really have much of a strategy, I just click and get stuff, and it's all good.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:35 pm UTC

Judgement Dip on the Sandcastle Builder. Oops.

I knew we shouldn't have trusted the newpixbots! Molpy army, come help me! And the VITSSÅGEN, JA!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mrob27

Time-capsule from mrob27, deposited on Newpage 358

Postby mrob27 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:43 pm UTC

Time-capsule from mrob27, deposited on Newpage 358
Do not open until Newpage 1476

When you read this, I will have been gone for 42 :!: newpages, and I have reached one of the Fibonacci Newpages, the auspicious NP358.

We have seen many BlitzGirl reports at this point, including her Zeno3 post, in which she reports reading "the signpost that spotted the initial signpost I left for myself when first I began my travels". (Technically, her Zeno0 point would be the very beginning of the OTT, her Zeno1 point would be where the thread was when she began her quest, which I assume to be near this, her very first post. That would make this post her Zeno2 post, and so on. However, by BlitzGirl's convention her "Zeno0 point" would need to be on Newpage 77 because that's where she was when she announced her quest on NP223, making this her Zeno2 post and this her Zeno3. Orange you glad we cleared that up?Image You can't punsaw me in the aforewhen can you?)

Naturally, different blitzers have different styles. I have noticed that BlitzGirl's style seems to respect some existing netiquette customs, and is establishing new ones. For example, she quotes the signatures of other OTTers inside spoiler-tags, sorta like this:
Spoiler:
SBN wrote:MistyCat, mrob27, svenman, et al. Randallspeed on your blitz!

AluisioASG wrote:MistyCat, mrob27, kr4: report regularly. We are waiting for you.
Perhaps they are spoilered for size, or perhaps for anti-spoilification (as they come from the afterwhen, which other blitzers like my companion Timborme might not want to read). In either case, I'm thankful as these quotes are the only record we have of many OTTers' signatures at various times in the past (thanks BG!).

We are experiencing a gradual "BlitzGirlification" of the OTT culture. Her efforts to read everything and catch up have been inspiring, and speculation about how she will experience our past silliness has naturally led to more and sillier silliness. As @KarMann helpfully pointed out, "BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave." Of course it would be KarMann you'd want to punsaw, but you didn't hear me say that. What's that I hear? Vitssågen sveper igen! / Hugga ned, broder igen! / Hör det sista ropet - / BlitzGirl med sågen är här! ...

With the continued absence of Pope Helper the First, BlitzGirl (still some 50 or so Newpages in the aforewhen) was designated future Mome (effective in the afterwhen, viz. whenever she emerges into the present time), but the BlitzGirl of the aforewhen expressed some reluctance to this (we have yet to see whether the BlitzGirl of the afterwhen still feels that way when she emerges from the Time vortex into the future now-when).

Perhaps because of this (which would impugn the well-established chaos and anarchy of the tread, Randall forbid!) a new Page-Pope policy has been established (fairly without challenge or controversy): whosoever hath the first post on any given Newpage shall be the new Pope §. habet primum postis, erit papem, /[MP]FA[NP]/ for short.

Anyway, the practical upshot of this is that, beginning on NP342, we now have a lot of messages that state that they are the first message on a page. This has gone on for enough Newpages without debate that I know there weren't many pending n00b posts happening, so I can use it to measure the subsequent alteration of the OTT timeline: Most of these Pope-proclaiming posts fall either 6 or 7 spots before what is currently displayed at the top of the page in question. For example, the link I just cited appears on NP342 with 5 posts following it, but was actually the pope of NP343. I will be able to monitor this (mis-)alignment as I continue Blitzing. I've been wondering how often old posts go away. To make sure I never miss anything, when I get to the end of a page I always do a Reload and check that nothing looks different before clicking the Next > link taking me to the next Newpage.

I suppose this might be considered an unwanted and unavoidable intrusion of the afterwhen into my timeline, and there are at least a few explanations, some of them foreboding (disgruntled OTTers deleting their old posts? Papal power struggles? Moderator activity?). But that's to be expected.

There has (again, perhaps the 7th time?) been some discussion of how appropriate it is to joke about cancer, for example this by @lmjb1964 on NP 355. At risk of mentioning the Outside, I'm dealing with cancer for the second time myself. I don't speak for all cancer survivors either, but I agree with lmjb1964 and think it's good. cancerouscaffeinatedsemen goes well with babycancerbacontumors, particularly when served on ice! Which is my roundabout way of telling @Eternal Density that if the voting is still open, I think the semenated sand boost should be earlier/easier to get, and save the cancerbaby sand boost for later. By the way,
Spoiler:
In sand calculation you already include "badges owned", a [redacted] boost, and "Overcompensating" which takes a long time to reach. So maybe semencoffeesand could be priced to be attainable by around newpix 180, and the cancerbabysand could be around np 300 or 350. My game is at np269 right now, because I stopped it several times to avoid losing my Ninja Stealth by not clicking (although one time the whole newpix went by and I did not lose my Ninja Stealth. I can't seem to earn Ninja Shortcomings by not clicking. Is that right?)

Here are a couple more choicy gems I've run across:

(For seaishness)
Spoiler:
manvandmaan wrote:To hurry along BlitzGirl, we could ask the mods to start deleting posts. If they start at post #1 and go upwarths, it should create a sort of "caving in" effect behind BlitzGirl (like in the movies!)that should spur her on to go faster!

If it works and also she makes it, her arrival into the present shall be even more epic!

If she doesn't make it, we might have a Gandalfesque moment where BlitzGirl's last post is: "Wait For It, you fools", after which she disappears into a dark abyss, only to return later on in the Thread, shinier, title-ier and also more powerfull then ever!

Foolproof and also Win/Win.

AFTER making a back-up offcourse!
A word I thought I'd never be able to use.
Could this be why the Popes are showing up 6 or 7 slots before the top of each page? If so, I'm glad it didn't go far.

And, from @chem1190c, we got this long, Burma-Shave-spoilered-style, epic, regrettably loopist but disturbingly arousing, summer blockbuster. Click the link for the original experience, or enjoy this somewhat enhanced and sanitized version:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
The sea IS large

Spoiler:
The rivers ARE many

Spoiler:
The army of invading Red Spiders and their Velociraptor overlords HAVE arrived

Spoiler:
Prepare the trebuchets!

Spoiler:
Move them into defensive positions.

Spoiler:
It's no good

Spoiler:
They've breeched the perimeter!

Spoiler:
All is not lost

Spoiler:
Go to plan B

Spoiler:
WAKE UP SHEEPLE
WAKE UP SHEEPLE
WAKE UP SHEEPLE

Spoiler:
Quickly, we must make our move while they're locked in mortal combat with the Sheeple

Spoiler:
Hopefully they didn't catch onto the fact that we were building a Large Hadron Collider BEHIND all these sandcastles.

Spoiler:
Prepare the RED MATTER.

Spoiler:
We need to be very careful, even a drop of RED MATTER will make a giant blackhole that will implode an entire planet!

Spoiler:
This seems suspiciously like the plot of a certain 2009 summer blockbuster

Spoiler:
Don't be silly.

Spoiler:
The Harry Potter movie didn't have nearly this many trebuchets.

Spoiler:
Unless you're referring to The Hangover, in which case I kind of see your point.

Spoiler:
We're only going to get one shot at this.

Spoiler:
Aim for the reds of their red spider legs.

Spoiler:
<<FWOOOOOOOOOOOP>>

Spoiler:
At last, the Red Spiders have been returned to the parallel universe from which they came.

Spoiler:
What about the Sheeple?

Spoiler:
They can never truly be destroyed.

Spoiler:
They are however trapped in the void FOREVER.

Spoiler:
Oh Dear Randall! It looks like the blackhole degraded the foundation of sandcastle!

Spoiler:
We're doomed!

Spoiler:
This looks like T** E**

Spoiler:
T** E** of Time itself

Spoiler:
>TARDIS MATERIALIZES<

Spoiler:
At last! We're saved.. just in Time!

Spoiler:
Hey, wait a minute.. Blitzgirl?! How'd you learn to fly the Tardis?

Spoiler:
Care for a Jellybaby?

Spoiler:
No thanks. I read on the internet that artificial sweetener causes brain cancer. You may as well call those things cancerbabbys!

Spoiler:
That's pretty catchy actually. But they should totally have bacon in them.

Spoiler:
>TARDIS DEMATERIALIZES<

Spoiler:
<< Sandcastles crumble into the sea dramatically >>

Spoiler:
<< And then explode for no reason >>

Spoiler:
<< Nobody told me this webcomic was being directed by Michael Bay >>

Spoiler:
>TARDIS MATERIALIZES ON AN EMPTY SANDY BEACH<

Spoiler:
And stay out!!

Spoiler:
> Meagan and Cueball tumble out of Tardis <

Spoiler:
>DEMATERIALIZES RAPIDLY LEAVING THEM STRANDED ON THE BEACH<

Spoiler:
What now?

Spoiler:
Wait.

Spoiler:
For what?

Spoiler:
It.

Spoiler:
> Meagan and Cueball sit down on the beach <

So I guess that's all for now. No personal replies this time, but I'll get back to that on my next Time Capsule.

The Thread's getting more and more fun!

The river is small!
The sea is big!

--mrob27

Qnuux onuuxe k'nbq'nw xo bqn P'jwm Uxmpn OJJA xo Wneyrfrj! R qjdn knnw lxuunlbrwp vjwg pnva o'xv bqn yjab jwm anbbrwp cy jw j'lqrdn ox' can rw Juu Brvna. Ax vxbn rb kn!
Bqn Twrpqba Bnvyx'ju twxe wxb eqjb en ajg, jwm -jwmjuu qnuy bqn Bnvyx'ju Ruucvrwjbr. Kcb bqn Ajwmvjaxwa y'nan'dn bqn Jwwjua xo Brvn rw bqn Andnwbq Undnu xo bqn Uxmpn, ox' bqn knwnorb xo juu!

Wow, I'm the first to use any word starting with "spoilif"?!?
And "choicy" too? Huh.
§unless perhaps they have already been Pope/Mome in the past 24 newpices, or if they just don't feel like it, or are too busy being pedantic about something.

- < end transmission > -

Edit: corrected destination NP1475 :arrow: NP1476
Last edited by mrob27 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:54 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:01 am UTC

Awesomeful update, mrob27! (Though of course I think it was awesomeful since it was mostly RELATED to me. :wink: )

mrob27 wrote: Orange you glad we cleared that up?Image You can't punsaw me in the aforewhen can you?)

Heh, how about punsaw via sig? Sigvitssågen? :D
SIGVITSSÅGEN, JA!

mrob27 wrote:Naturally, different blitzers have different styles. I have noticed that BlitzGirl's style seems to respect some existing netiquette customs, and is establishing new ones. For example, she quotes the signatures of other OTTers inside spoiler-tags, sorta like this:
Spoiler:
SBN wrote:MistyCat, mrob27, svenman, et al. Randallspeed on your blitz!

AluisioASG wrote:MistyCat, mrob27, kr4: report regularly. We are waiting for you.
Perhaps they are spoilered for size, or perhaps for anti-spoilification (as they come from the afterwhen, which other blitzers like my companion Timborme might not want to read). In either case, I'm thankful as these quotes are the only record we have of many OTTers' signatures at various times in the past (thanks BG!).

You're welcome, mrob27! One of the reasons I began quoting sigs is because I knew how frequently they changed, and I wanted to catalogue all of the good wishes I was sent. :)
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ggh

Postby ggh » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:38 am UTC

I'm loving the OTG!
(but, I feel bad about owning Cuegan.)

Swedish is fun! (and donuts are tasty.) SIGVITSSÅGEN, JA!

Aluisio... Donuts.... (calls hopefully)
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:40 am UTC

Gah, I do so hate being a non-ketchuping lurker, but I am still here, randdamnit, so post I shall.

What's this nonsense about Aluisio, and a last post?
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:40 am UTC

I do hope "VITSSÅGEN, JA!" isn't going to become a thread meme! It was due to m*stard, it should only be "VITSSÅGEN!":
yappobiscuits wrote:Only thing I'd change now is the chorus. I added the "ja"s so that it'd fit the rhythm, but since you've added the extra syllable with "Vitssågen", the "ja"s are no longer necessary. Makes it truer to the "Trollhammaren!" original too! (Even though that is four syllables, it's done over three like "Trollham'ren!").
Last edited by yappobiscuits on Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:43 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Eternal Density

lots of fixing!

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:42 am UTC

I was on 35 ninja stealth on my main save (on my phone) and I somehow missed clicking in the last NP (I thought I had but remembered wrong because I was distracted testing). Fortunately I had Ninja Hope so it was forgiven.
So then after the latest ONG I was worried I might forget again. So I activated CMS so I couldn't miss it. And then I remembered just a minute ago so I did get my click in... but I forgot to deactivate CMS and didn't check anything so instead the NPBs were still sitting waiting for me to deactivate CMS so instead I ninja'd them! On the bright side, I got
Spoiler:
Ninja Penance and Ninja Shortcomings
for it :D :D :D

mrob27 wrote:
Spoiler:
(although one time the whole newpix went by and I did not lose my Ninja Stealth. I can't seem to earn Ninja Shortcomings by not clicking. Is that right?)
Spoiler:
You probably have Ninja Hope which forgives one missed click. So you'll have to mess up again to get Ninja Shortcomings (it's checked the same whether you lose stealth by not clicking or by clicking)
BlitzGirl wrote:Judgement Dip on the Sandcastle Builder. Oops.
Oops indeed, I should fix the heresy.
lmjb1964 wrote:Oops, forgot to say, ED, that every upgrade of SandCastle Builder gets more and more awesomeful!! I don't really have much of a strategy, I just click and get stuff, and it's all good.
Coolbeans. Of coffee.
dawnfire wrote:FYI, ED: Don't know if you've spotted this, but the badge for getting 7,500 sand/mNP is mustarded - the code for giving the badge is missing the 'all' in the string, I think.

Keep up the good work!
Oh, I remember renaming that one. I forgot to rename it in ALL of the places.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:51 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:I do hope "VITSSÅGEN, JA!" isn't going to become a thread meme! It was due to m*stard, it should only be "VITSSÅGEN!":
yappobiscuits wrote:Only thing I'd change now is the chorus. I added the "ja"s so that it'd fit the rhythm, but since you've added the extra syllable with "Vitssågen", the "ja"s are no longer necessary. Makes it truer to the "Trollhammaren!" original too! (Even though that is four syllables, it's done over three like "Trollham'ren!").

"Ja"s are always necessary! :mrgreen:

BLITZMÄDCHEN, JA!
MED VITSSÅGEN, JA!

(Yes, the first is German. Ja.)
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:57 am UTC

BLIXTFLICKA, JA!
(I think that's right :P)

Butbut, the rhythm! :(
"VITSSÅG, JA!" or "VITSSÅGEN!" fit, but not "VITSSÅGEN, JA!" :(

(Heh, even though I'm protesting I'm still following the decree :P)

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:15 am UTC

=== Blindpost from the top of NP1474 ===

Dear fellow OTTers,
I'll be away for a while, since I'll be moving tomorrow. In my new apartment, I won't have internet access at the beginning; in fact, I don't know how long it will take until I am reconnected again. Just wanted to let you know that I'll think of all y'all while I'm away, and I hope that there will be some nice amount of ketchup when I'm back. Keep on ottifying, caking, and waiting. Hope to see all y'all soon!
In the meantime, have a really treeish cake, which may provide a hint of where I'm moving:
Spoiler:
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:19 am UTC

Hmm, a yule log... so you're moving to CHRISTMAS TOWN! :mrgreen:

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:20 am UTC

ZoomanSP: Good luck with the move! Molpy back soon!
yappo: I think the ottification is treeish as-is; it's just fun to type out VITSSÅGEN, JA! :wink:

And ch*rpin' castle-building, I didn't realize that the newpixbots
Spoiler:
would DOUBLE the damage to the castle-count every newpix of Judgement Dip. I hope there's a way to make it stop, because soon all of my castles will be destroyed as soon as they're built. :(
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

Update getting close.

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:25 am UTC

BlitzGirl: Judgement Dip will be less powerful soon. But the damage doubling doesn't seem right.
How powerful are your bots, btw?

Sadly I haven't had a chance to work on the description-mouse-hover changes or stats for boosts yet.

ucim

Postby ucim » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:40 am UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:have a really treeish cake, which may provide a hint of where I'm moving:
You're moving in with Santa?

BlitzGirl wrote:Oho, a pun, is it? Image
Is it?

BlitzGirl wrote:What this means, I still do not know. However, I am nearly positive that it is a type of punnitry.
Jose, I have no choice but to scrumptious donut you.
Preemptive tori, huh?

Eternal Density wrote:*pelts ucim with scrumptious donuts*
Et tu, Brute? SIGVITSSÅGEN, (JA)!

The donuts were delicious! But alas, there was no pun in the words I typed up - they are in an ancient language which is almost completely lost to time - the only fragment that remains are two words: "cruyt" and "rousses". A great deal of scholarly research has been done into these two words. "cruyt" is most likely a verb, meaning to capture prey. As best we can figure out, "rousses" are open-ended containers made of cloth, paper, or other non-rigid materials. So, as you can see, there's not a pun in sight. :)

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

Eternal Density

Whoops

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:41 am UTC

I was wondering why my NPBs still showed as ninja'd though I thought I did that 1 or 2 NP ago. Then I remembered I never deactivated CMS. D'oh!

mrob27

Postby mrob27 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:02 am UTC

Chronogram from mrob27
Urgent: open immedately
(Origin: Newpage 363 - - Destination: Newpage 1476

Only shortly after resuming my Blitzgirling, a Nopixbot alarm went off. I went to the TARDIS console and found a warning of imminent trans-chronodimensional punsawing. Apparently, being here way back in BlitzGirl's distant afore-when does not provide as much protection as I had thought, and I may suffer the dreaded "Sigvitssågen".

Indeed, upon arriving at the next BG signpost, on Newpage 363 I found this:

in her Signature, BlitzGirl very recently wrote:Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the First, Mopey Molpy Mome, Ottifactor Superior

Spoiler:

<-Blog ~. Image ~. FAQ->
mrob27 - When you read this sig, consider yourself punsawed.
(emphasis added)

Chirp! . . .

time-warp punsaw

(ouch)
Okay, well I agree that I deserved that one.

While I've activated the chronotransponder, I'll answer this from @Eternal Density:

Eternal Density wrote:You probably have Ninja Hope which forgives one missed click. So you'll have to mess up again to get Ninja Shortcomings (it's checked the same whether you lose stealth by not clicking or by clicking)

v v v My reply (Do I need to spoiler this?) v v v
Spoiler:
I have "Ninja Penance" and I've earned both Ninja Omnipresence and Ninja Holiday. It's now up to Newpix 272 and I'm just letting it run without ever clicking on the Newpix. (I have however occasionally clicked a [redacted] and I bought "Grapevine") But despite just letting it go idle ONG after ONG, in my Stats it still says "Ninja Stealth Streak: 33NP" and "Ninja Forgiveness Available: 2". It's been that way for about 5 or 6 ONGS in a row. I've been on version 0.963 for those last 5 or 6 ONGs..., should I reload?

- > End Chronogram < -

Edit: Spoiler-tagged the reply about CastleClicker, because maybe there be spoilers?
Spoiler:
punsaw_vortex.gif
BlitzGirl emerges from the Time Vortex, performing "Sigvitssågen"
punsaw_vortex.gif (16.36 KiB) Viewed 18502 times
Last edited by mrob27 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:54 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:05 am UTC

mrob27 wrote:
time-warp punsaw

Bahaha! Treeish :mrgreen:
(Tidsresavitssågen?)

Eternal Density

It Be Time

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:15 am UTC

Ch*rp! Looks like I broke something in Ninja Penance. Perhaps. Not quite sure what, but what mrob27 reports does not seem right to me.
I'll fix that in the next version. That is, the version after This:

Code: Select all

### 0.97
- fixed Dip heresy
- fixed Where is All this coming from boost not unlocking
- made *bot boosts a bit harder to get, more expensive, and locked them all :P
- moved Bot Efficience back to being before Recursivebot
- *bot boosts now also boost their related tool, by 4.
- Judgement Dip triggers reworked
- Judgement Dip destruction now occures only every 50mNP
- Prevent infinite sandcastle gain loop via timetravel
- Prevent free timetravel

Please let me know how Judgement Dip goes now. Sorry for locking all your bot boosts but I think it had to be done :P

ETA:
So I had
Molpy.Boosts['Ninja Penance'].power;;
instead of
Molpy.Boosts['Ninja Penance'].power--;
Well that was stupid. thanks for spotting that mrob27!

Redundant:
Last edited by Eternal Density on Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:34 am UTC, edited 3 times in total.

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:29 am UTC

ucim wrote:The donuts were delicious! But alas, there was no pun in the words I typed up - they are in an ancient language which is almost completely lost to time - the only fragment that remains are two words: "cruyt" and "rousses". A great deal of scholarly research has been done into these two words. "cruyt" is most likely a verb, meaning to capture prey. As best we can figure out, "rousses" are open-ended containers made of cloth, paper, or other non-rigid materials. So, as you can see, there's not a pun in sight. :)

Jose

...Wait a second! This was a bag pun!
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:34 am UTC

Nooo! Burn the bags! BURN THEM!
Spoiler:

Eternal Density

Re: 1190: "Bags"

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:40 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Nooo! Burn the bags! BURN THEM!
Spoiler:

Wow I didn't know that bag burning was an actual thing.

ETA Bag Burning Boost added (not live yet)

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:49 am UTC

@ucim, ZoomanSP, lmjb1964 - Thanks [on 800].

SBN wrote:Here we go round the wowterful tree
The wowterful tree
The wowterful tree
Here we go round the wowterful tree
So early in the mornip.

All around the wowterful tree
The molpy chased the squirpy
The molpy thought 'twas all in fun,
Pop! goes the squirpy.
You tempt me. Thanks.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:09 am UTC

Molpying down. Tomorrip, something big is coming. Wait for it.

Eternal Density

Molpy Fix

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:14 am UTC

Here's something else big!

### 0.971
- Not Lucky reward general increase, sand tools benefit more than castle tools
- Fixed Ninja Penance not decrementing when used
- Bag Burning Boost: helps fight the NewPixBots
- Totally revamped the hover code
- Half second delay on show description, full second on hide
- That means you can move the mouse over the badges and boosts at a reasonable speed without them popping up

mikrit

Postby mikrit » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:30 am UTC

Oh dear. I avoided the evil cookies, and the good castles, and the crosswords, but now...

One of my hobbies is to filk Swedish song texts. Usually ancient folk songs that most Swedes haven't heard about, so my target audience is a bit small.

So, now I feel an irresistible urge to polish up the Swedish text of Vitssågen, Ja! (Wait for it...)

For your amusement: Änd is not a word. "End" could be Ända or Ände, depending on region, but Ända usually refers to the end of ones back.

So, while it is comforting that no eyes can see my buttocks, I suspect that's not what you wanted to say.

Hm. TAM ta TAM ta TAM ta TAM. I have to listen to the clip. I shall return. Later.

Probably much later.
Why must Swedish words have so many syllables?

By the way, our favourite lightning lass would be Blixtflickan, so that it is the definite(?) form of the word. It would be hard to sing all the consonants in the middle, though. But since you managed to sing Every Newframe's Awefulsome, I guess I shouldn't complain.

Sigvitssågen sounds very much like it should be a rural place name in north Sweden.

I have to eat breakfast and go to work. And not count syllables at all. (TAM ta TAM ta TAM ta TAM...)
Hatted and wimpled by ergman.
Dubbed "First and Eldest of Ottificators" by svenman.
Febrion wrote: "etc" is latin for "this would look better with more examples, but I can't think of any".

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:38 am UTC

"Blixtflickan" sounds awesomeful! :D

Eternal Density wrote:BlitzGirl: Judgement Dip will be less powerful soon. But the damage doubling doesn't seem right.

I just came out of short coma, and apparently it hasn't gotten much worse (only doubled one Time since), so I must have been mistaken. But for three newpix in a row, newpixbots destroyed 1 castle each, then 2 castles, then 4 castles, so I was concerned. :shock: Thanks for the updates!

mrob27 wrote:
Spoiler:
Only shortly after resuming my Blitzgirling, a Nopixbot alarm went off. I went to the TARDIS console and found a warning of imminent trans-chronodimensional punsawing. Apparently, being here way back in BlitzGirl's distant afore-when does not provide as much protection as I had thought, and I may suffer the dreaded "Sigvitssågen".

Indeed, upon arriving at the next BG signpost, on Newpage 363 I found this:

in her Signature, BlitzGirl very recently wrote: mrob27 - When you read this sig, consider yourself punsawed.
Chirp! . . .
time-warp punsaw

(ouch)
Okay, well I agree that I deserved that one.

SIGVITSSÅGEN, JA! :mrgreen: Thanks for the time-warp smiley version, mrob27, and I hope you will renounce your punning ways.

taixzo wrote:
ucim wrote:The donuts were delicious! But alas, there was no pun in the words I typed up - they are in an ancient language which is almost completely lost to time - the only fragment that remains are two words: "cruyt" and "rousses". A great deal of scholarly research has been done into these two words. "cruyt" is most likely a verb, meaning to capture prey. As best we can figure out, "rousses" are open-ended containers made of cloth, paper, or other non-rigid materials. So, as you can see, there's not a pun in sight. :)

...Wait a second! This was a bag pun!

Good. I am glad the scrumptious donut was justified. Thanks for the burning, too, yappo. YOU CAN NEVER BE TOO CAREFUL.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

Before I put stats on boosts...

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:52 am UTC

What do we ottish folk think of putting a little colour in Sandcastle Clicker? Just to highlight those boosts or badges which are a bit more important than the others. Yes it's kinda heretical but it's just a bit too hard to find CMS or TT, or JD/JDW when you need it.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:01 am UTC

I think a little color would be nice, if used sparingly. Image

Not-so-rONG:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

waveney

Re: Molpy Fix

Postby waveney » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:08 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:Here's something else big!

### 0.971
- That means you can move the mouse over the badges and boosts at a reasonable speed without them popping up

I am not getting anything from hovering - I have tried waiting 30 seconds still the box does not expand...

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:13 am UTC

waveney wrote:

### 0.971

I am not getting anything from hovering - I have tried waiting 30 seconds still the box does not expand...

Are you using Firefox?
*installs firefox to test*
Hmm that's disappointing. I thought Firefox was a browser that worked.
ETA Safari doesn't do the hover either, according to mrob27.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:17 am UTC

Works just fine in Chrome. I'm shocked. I thought Chrome only m*starded up Time-RELATED stuff.
*mutters about gamma adjustment*
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

waveney

Postby waveney » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:25 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
waveney wrote:

### 0.971

Are you using Firefox?
*installs firefox to test*
Hmm that's disappointing. I thought Firefox was a browser that worked.
ETA Safari doesn't do the hover either, according to mrob27.

I use both Chrome and Firefox, the castle builder is in a Firefox window. (I use both so I can maintain 2 different google identities)

Eternal Density

browsers

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:30 am UTC

Castles also work in IE... 10 (lol took me while to figure out what version is installed here :P) And Opera on my phone is fine too.

I can probably fix it properly but in the meantime I'll have to just add something to make it also toggle on click, so people with browsers that aren't quite supported can still get descriptions somehow.
ETA why is FF's debugging made of fail compared to Chrome's?
ETA aha, FF doesn't use event.toElement or event.fromElement. Okay...

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:49 am UTC

Ketchup!

Castle Builder: Image I exported my game to my phone in the hope to have it running all the time, since my phone is almost always with me and always on. However, the game pauses after a short while! Probably because the phone goes sleeping. Soon I'll try to prevent sleeping so CastleBuilder keeps going. RedEye is in the download list so as soon as I am connected to WIFI my phone will be configurable not to sleep. Let's see what that does to my battery life...

SBN wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:
SBN wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:On a side note: I love the way the redundakittens are spoilers in SB!

Took me a minute to realize that wasn't about me.

Haha. If you want to know: I love the way your dog looks in your avatar.

Thanks. Me too. Of course, that adoring look is for her dad, not me. To her, I'm mostly just of concern because she knows he considers me important. (It's ok though, the other Newf likes me best.)

Our dog would probably not be capable of looking at a camera like that long enough to take a picture. He would probably start licking the camera. (it's not a face so it's allowed)

lmjb1964 wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:
AUW
My muscles hurt. Almost all of them.
I spend the better part of the wipend on a rooftop. Walking on a rooftop uses some muscles that don't get used all that much.

I wouldn't think a dead otter's muscles would even be able to hurt. You can't just float over the rooftop?

Yes I could. But then I wouldn't be able to install stuff there. I had to take physical form to be able to handle stuff. Safety wise it's perfect to be already dead when on a roof: you can't break your neck if you fall off.

Eternal Density wrote:What do we ottish folk think of putting a little colour in Sandcastle Clicker? Just to highlight those boosts or badges which are a bit more important than the others. Yes it's kinda heretical but it's just a bit too hard to find CMS or TT, or JD/JDW when you need it.

While you are of course free to do so I wouldn't like colour. It's heretical.

Spoiler:
bth_Smiley-Crying.gif
bth_Smiley-Crying.gif (1.81 KiB) Viewed 18243 times
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”