1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

His eyes slowly opened, gray pupils setting sight

Postby AluisioASG » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:32 am UTC

Prediction: Cueball will fall and hit Megan. They'll roll and roll and roll and die. Thus begins Time II.
Or maybe that's just Megan's turn to “appreciate the view” ― though I'm not sure her head is at the correct angle for that. So, what is she looking at?

BlitzGirl wrote:Yeah, my brain head thoughts aren't so treeish todip.

Are you a ranger?

Code: Select all

> getResourceByName("Traveller's Guide to Sounding Intelligent").author
_

-----BEGIN USER SUBMISSION DAY-----
Last edited by AluisioASG on Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:47 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

I see a story unfolding...

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:39 am UTC

I still have 3.5 nopix until User Submission Dip begins. :P

AluisioASG wrote:So… how much time until the Reckoning? 1 month?

Roughly. (Heretical dates follow.) If I recall correctly, the Reckoning was once an April thing, but the starting Time has crept into March in recent yips. Last yip it started on March 28th.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

Re: he translated as ‘yes, but begrudgingly so’.

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:42 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:So… how much time until the Reckoning? 1 month?

I don't like the Reckoning. I generally avoid the fora during that period due to the way it frustrates communication. Which is one reason why it took me a while to find the OTT.
AluisioASG wrote:
What exactly is user submission day? I've seen it mentioned often but I don't remember it actually being defined or introduced. (And how is it different from any other day here?)
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

BlitzGirl

AKA Onglessdip

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:47 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:
What exactly is user submission day? I've seen it mentioned often but I don't remember it actually being defined or introduced. (And how is it different from any other day here?)

It's the dip of the workwip when there is no OTTercomic or What-if, and it is up to OTTers to submit their own creations.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

taixzo

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby taixzo » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:51 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:I love when blitzers use past OTTish slang. Nomolpy's used the word xip since Visitationmip* as far as I can tell.

*November

I was about to contradict you, as I distinctly remember using it. But checking my post history, that was three mips ago. How Time flies!

BlitzGirl wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:Sorry, newpixbot. @Cueball, @Qball, @Megan, @Megball, @Cuegan and @Qgan are all taken. @newpixbot isn't, though.

@Blitzgirl is taken, too. It's been taken since 2009, which is ancient in Twitteryips. Other @blitzgirl twitterers include numbers 1, 7, 23, 27, 66, 77, 90, 99, 101, 0310, 0732, 1310, and 1900. It's probably a good thing I didn't go for that alias on Twitter.

Bacon otter:
Spoiler:

One of my requirements when I chose "taixzo" as a handle were that it returned zero search results - so that I could grab it as a username on any site I needed.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, Vytron, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

HES

The one before was blaming me.

Postby HES » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:55 am UTC

PE: I use H or HES when I can, which is rarely. I've recently taken up XKHES which is sufficiently obscure.

All this brain mustard follows two pages without a decree. I see a connection.

I see coma.
He/Him/His Image

Eternal Density

Re: The one before was blaming me.

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:56 am UTC

HES wrote:PE: I use H or HES when I can, which is rarely. I've recently taken up XKHES which is sufficiently obscure.

All this brain mustard follows two pages without a decree. I see a connection.

I see coma.

Brrrrrrr.

ETA colour
Last edited by Eternal Density on Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:13 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

BlitzGirl

*punsaws ED*

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:00 am UTC

HES wrote:I see coma.

I see coma
I see trance
I see molpies
in my pants
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ChronosDragon

Re: His eyes slowly opened, gray pupils setting sight

Postby ChronosDragon » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:02 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:

Not sure exactly what you mean by that, but I'll be over here in my pool table.

ChronosDragon wrote:Image

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:08 am UTC

macraw83 wrote: I have not been completely forgotten in my struggles to stay current in my Blitz

Of course not! Just a few days ago I was thinking of you and our most delayed conversations we used to have. Maybe we can have another one! Just, quote this message when you read it! It'll be awesome!

I also had sigcouragement for you, but, it got out of control and at some point I had to have several images in there just for my sigcouragement, if I start adding more people again it'll soon grow out of proportions!

azule wrote: Did you xuys know that I've implemented a game, of sorts, here? If you need to know the rules, let me know and I'll say something about it in the next post.

Hey azule! Thanks for your lurkpost and for your Zodiac. No, I don't need to know the rules, but I want to know them! It's weird that we don't play games in this thread very often, I even recall I ran a Monopoly game on Forum games section but here nobody ran the Monomolpy...

Eternal Density wrote:I'm seriously having brain trouble today. Everything seems boring. :(

Have you tried some drawception? With the play in only vet games box enabled? If the games you get in seem boring then the problem is serious!

Also, what's up with the Donut comics? Are donuts related? Because, in that case, I have, you guessed it, drawception donuts!
Spoiler:
Go! Go! You can do it username5243!
Cheers Marsh'n!

Your ad here. No, seriously! It's free! PM me if interested.
THANKS KARHELL!! :)

AluisioASG

on the lab one last time.

Postby AluisioASG » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:10 am UTC

Interesting discussion about usernames. Please continue.
And please, please colorize this page.

ChronosDragon wrote:
Spoiler:

But can we play snooker on it?
Selecting new quote…

Eternal Density

I wonder.

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:12 am UTC

I wonder if the Randall who commented on http://qntm.org/calendar is GLR? Could be.
Vytron wrote:Also, what's up with the Donut comics? Are donuts related? Because, in that case, I have, you guessed it, drawception donuts!
There were a few Related comics on that site and then there was one with both a pun and a scrumptious donut and then I posted a few other donut ones because why not.

As for the drawception donuts, I finished that game.
AluisioASG wrote:But can we play snooker on it?
The water-polo version of snooker. It's played by otters and hamplies.

ETA
BlitzGirl wrote:

I see coma
I see trance
I see molpies
in my pants

Somehow I missed that post at first (including the punsawing).
Reminds me of another garfield actually.

Eternal Density

User SubmissiONG

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:37 am UTC

macraw83

Postby macraw83 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:52 am UTC

Blitz Progress: 907 of 1760. 853 to go. 10 less than yesterxip, if my math and memory are both correct.

Quick pre-coma BlitzPost:

I just had a scary thought. I essentially have a deadline before my Blitz becomes much more difficult. It won't be too long until the return of the Madness, probably no more than 5-6 wips. Guess I gotta get cranking on it. I also suppose that if my TV has to die, that makes now just about as good as any (hoping to fix it soon though, just ordered the replacement part).

Anyway, this caught my eye, since it is now much closer to relevant for you now than it was in your Present's Past, or currently is in my Past Present.

Spoiler:
jovialbard wrote:
edo wrote:[Meta]so were about to hit 900 pages, and soon after we'll be the longest thread on the fora (yes little ones, there is a longer one) it seemed so impossible not so long ago.[/meta]

not that soon, the longest one is over 2000! http://fora.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10740

eta: GIT IM' MEG! Now is coma thyme...

That thread now has 2124 posts. Still a good bit more than 1760, but compared to the ~900 NP when it was originally written it seems extremely attainable. Hopefully I'm there to celebrate the moment.

ETA: I'm adding this tidbit for Valarya's sake. She may now do what she will with this information.
Last edited by macraw83 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:25 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
In a comically tragic turn of events, Addams didn't die. You can help her here.

Does the basement ever end?

Good luck to all the Blitzers out there!

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

Eternal Density

=:-]

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:58 am UTC

Y'know, I haven't done any of the puzzle-hotdogs. I guess that's just not my thing.

related:

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:00 am UTC

macraw83 wrote:
jovialbard wrote:
edo wrote:[Meta]so were about to hit 900 pages, and soon after we'll be the longest thread on the fora (yes little ones, there is a longer one) it seemed so impossible not so long ago.[/meta]

not that soon, the longest one is over 2000! http://fora.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10740

eta: GIT IM' MEG! Now is coma thyme...

That thread now has 2124 posts. Still a good bit more than 1760, but compared to the ~900 NP when it was originally written it seems extremely attainable. Hopefully I'm there to celebrate the moment.

Hmm. I wonder how the current posting rate of the turtlemolpy thread stacks up against the current OTT rate? Are we still raptorish enough to overtake it?
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

Or pots.

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:08 am UTC

Pages of posts, not posts, right?

AluisioASG

So many things had happened there.

Postby AluisioASG » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:11 am UTC

Their last page begins with a post from two days ago, if that's any indication.

Now I must coma. Be gold molpies and continue this storie.s
Selecting new quote…

mrob27

ONGst Is In

Postby mrob27 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:07 am UTC

ONGst Is In
Chronogram from mrob27
Origin: NP1284; Destination: NP1760

I'm really glad everyone liked my 1331! This otty was particularly fun for me to do. Image

Thanks to @Eternal Density I hastily altered F3 ("Someone wishes Time had not e–––d") to be lit constantly, poignant commentary on T** **d. @lmjb1964 gave a similar suggestion about F2 "...smile", and we worked out (via Chronotransponder) that she was making a humorous somewhat-facetious suggestion and it's fine as-is — but it got me to look at the item again, which I had skimmed in a half-coma'd stupor the nix before. Thus, I changed it, or rather, asked my bots to think a bit more OTTishly.
    My initial specs for that item were:
F2: this item should flash every time {{someone reads an OTT post} and {they smile as a direct result of {that specific thing that they just read}}}. Each new {semantic stimulus} counts, and each new reader counts, provided that {their face transitions} to a more-smiley state, e.g. [ { :):D }, { :(:| }, { :?:) } ].

Thus its frequency is (the OTT post rate) times (the number of readers) times a SWAGed "smile-stimli-per-post" coefficient.
    imagebot took this, ran it past nopixbot to gather statistics, got a little confused on the face thing and for clarification asked Timborme (who is still in a funk amidst half-eaten cupcakes and ice cream). Her first result was:

I asked if she could possibly make it sound a bit less like Cuegan's "Unglish" and a bit more like English. Her second version was "The OTT makes someone smile", which I used in the OTTification. After @lmjb1964's reply I twerkedŤ imagebot's circuits a bit more, until she managed the present version:

footnotes

bot-coding symbol used to tag meatbags.
bot-coding symbol used to tag blocks of data.
bot-coding symbol used to tag emotional output state-transitions.
ŤIf either of these two pairs: (twerk, twerk), (twerked, twerked) is spelled the same, the Zul-Gurub are/is/be/am/am changing "t w e a k" → "t w e r k" :D Yea verily, in Thing that keeps slipping into the future the Reckoning sceal come again, and no stake in this needle-pulled thing woll be left un-twerked!

Correspondence

Regarding audio and/or video GLR interviews: with @yappobiscuits's answer, I am now thinking I must have hallucinated another GLR audio interview in fall 2013 (thanks to the Image) and I probably confused the .NET Rocks one with the (written) WIRED interview.

azule wrote: mrob, I found it surprising that you were so affected by t** **d. I had thought you had already seen all of Time, just not all of the OTT. I guess I was wrong. *pat*

Thanks, pats and hugs and ice cream are all welcome! But you are correct, I did indeed know all of Time the comic, before I de-lurked back on NP1412. And I also knew that the OTTers had been pretty strongly affected by it.
    But what I did not anticipate was the emotional impact of actually reading through those Newpages, an experience that I'm taking slowly because of my relatively slower Blitz rate and how fast the OTT was running back then:

Image is much slower than Image

I am a very sympathetic person, in the sense that when I hear, read, or even think about someone describing suffering, I tend to feel the emotions that go along with that. It was a troubling time, with much fear, uncertainty and doubt, reinforced by actual loss as OTTers realized this wonderful community was dwindling — some signed off apparently for good.
    So even though I knew there would be pages and pages of ONGst, it was an abstract notion up until when I actually hit those pages.

OTT Rate Stats

My Time pages now include a listing of overall post rate statistics, giving the "speed" of the entire OTT in units of posts/newpix, words/newpix and characters/newpix. The "newpix" unit is always 1 Outside hour, even during the first 240 newpix, and the drop after newpix 240 is all the more noticeable. There is no author-specific informaton. Here's a sample:

Code: Select all

no-adjustment  2^-QuoteLvl    4^-QuoteLvl    8^-QuoteLvl
                  posts   words  chars   words  chars   words  chars   words  chars
 Newpage   Time     /np     /np    /np     /np    /np     /np    /np     /np    /np
    NP1     3.88  24.00    1125   4875    1067   4625    1038   4500    1023   4438
    NP2     9.55  23.45    1098   4767    1036   4496    1006   4367     991   4303
    NP3    12.38  23.47    1123   4864    1058   4584    1027   4450    1012   4384
. . .
NP1270  3094.88  38.65    3612  15866    2362  10245    1950   8404    1784   7658
NP1271  3095.46  39.15    3692  16186    2406  10414    1983   8528    1812   7764
NP1272  3096.07  39.15    3692  16186    2406  10414    1983   8528    1812   7764

As with my word counts, there are 4 sets of stats depending on how much quotes are counted. All stats are updated once per newpix, using a decaying-average formula with a half-life of 24 newpix. The stats are printed as they exist at the end of each Newpage, but the stats only change at the end of a newpix, so if two Newpages ended during the same newpix, they both have the same stats (in the sample above, NP1271 and NP1272 are an example of that). I used some of these stats for the xkcd 1331 retrOTTification.

I'll skip the OTC/OTT travelogue for now, except to note that it's a mix of bargaining, depression and acceptance right now, and at least 2 or 3 familiar OTTers haven't found out yet. I'm at newpix 3119, which in my (and the OTA's) timezone was midway through the wipend that immediately followed Voldeframe. On the ecclesiastical calendar, it is late night on a Riverdix, the 13th Revelation.

mrob27 Image

Angst Is In was an avant-garde play produced by some classmates at my university, of the genre that's mostly modern dance with minimal sets and costume design and staged in one of those little basement spaces where the audience sits on all 4 sides of a centrally-placed stage. Set to the angsty (post-punk) music of the day, the loosely-woven plot involves a man and a woman (possibly college seniors) seeking a job and meeting at a party, amidst uncertainty about life and the world. The dancers speak only in the final number, each speaking a line from David Byrne's "In the Future" (from Music for the Knee Plays).

Edits: whitespace in code block; clarify stats description
Redundant:
Spoiler:
z-volderate.gif
OTT post rate during Voldeframe, 15.65, 13.00
z-volderate.gif (3.64 KiB) Viewed 13270 times

z-bl-mrob.gif
mrob27 Blitzreads an OTT post, 287.42, 27.07
z-bl-mrob.gif (3.42 KiB) Viewed 13270 times

z-smile-cuegan.gif
an OTT post rises a facesmile, 19.23, 7.84
z-smile-cuegan.gif (3.31 KiB) Viewed 13270 times
Last edited by mrob27 on Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:30 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-0572

Postby mscha » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:30 am UTC

PONGENES...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

azule
Saved

Re: 1190: "Zanclean Zodiac"; ᔪ--

Postby azule » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:30 am UTC

« Frame 0B: NP1758:25 | » Frame 0D: NP1762:8

The Zanclean Zodiac

ᑫᘊᘊ could be confused for a mountain. Now while it is heavy, it does, in fact, budge. Slow as an iceberg it rolls until it comes to an effective stop. It teeters on the edge of a cliff for a month before finally crushing the soil beneath itself and sliding into the strait. Water finds itself dammed, only able to tighten the new position of ᑫᘊᘊ. For time immemorial ᑫᘊᘊ will do nothing but be.

Possible ways to play:
  • Discover the design from the available points/starsWHEN
  • Actually draw up a proposed design
  • Guess wildly so as to elicit humor
  • Figure out what the more obtuse designs represent
  • Create your own companion storyREQ
  • Imagine what may be next
  • Find mustard and embarrass me :oops:
  • Figure out the location of the non-baobab locales

WHEN The previous frame, the next frame, etc.
REQ This may require a different image release structure, unless it is based on someone's proposed design.

P.S. Viewing the star systems is a lot easier using the linked viewer wherein you can see them separated from the background stars.

Edit: Added next and previous frame links.
Last edited by azule on Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:14 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-0573

Postby mscha » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:30 pm UTC

WAFFLONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

cellocgw

Postby cellocgw » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:53 pm UTC

{finds out that his "no OtherComicDay" title has been deprecated in favor of User Submission Day; grumbles in honor of long-departed Charlie}

Well, I like submissive users :mrgreen:

My username is a pretty obvious mixture of a favorite hobby and my initials. It appears to be pretty much unused elsewhere in the Tubez, tho' I've taken a number of preventative steps to avoid copycats. I think I've posted a total of maybe 5 items on the twitterverse (or is it twit-o-sphere?) but at least nobody else can snarf my ID .

ETA: PS if you like star system posts and the like, take a tour of the recent photos that Phil Plait posted over at slate.com/badastronomy. There are some amazing things going on in the Universe!
resume
Former OTTer
Vote cellocgw for President 2020. #ScienceintheWhiteHouse http://cellocgw.wordpress.com
"The Planck length is 3.81779e-33 picas." -- keithl
" Earth weighs almost exactly π milliJupiters" -- what-if #146, note 7

ergman

Postby ergman » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:15 pm UTC

Azule, are you trying to tell me that a squirpy caused the damming of the Gibraltar Strait? Because that's what it seems like, and if so that's quite molpish. I guess that's what that zodiac is, huh? The dammed straight?

Are we explaining usernames again?
I've been using mine since I was pretty little, and decided for whatever reason that I would be named 'erg' ... Supposedly after the sound you make when you get punched in the gut. Since then it's taken on some other meanings though, and I wouldn't exchange it for anything.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:11 pm UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:And if we do that, it'll make some extra room for us! We could get a bar and a pool table!

Well, not sure what use that would be, but I see why you'd like it:
Spoiler:

Indeed! As great as the OTT is, there's not much opportunity for waterottermolping about... I'd love that sort of pool table!

...Inside the molpy
I see coma
Dreaming of trees
And I see coma
Molpying down
I see coma
Ketchup in the breeze
And I hope that you remember me
Eternal Density wrote:More of the ch*rpies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngy2Cdn3R3M

What's that on your shirt, "all your molpies are belong to us"?

Anyway, usernames. I could've sworn I'd explained mine already in the past but a quick search says I haven't... My first forays into the world of internet communities was in my early teens when I was a huge fan of the Halo video-hotdogs and visited a few related fora. The username I used on these was "yayap_the_grunt", a character from some of the Halo novels. I became known as just "yayap" which over time evolved through nickname mutation into "yappo". Despite not being hugely into Halo (or indeed any video-hotdogs) any more, the name has still stuck because I just got used to it and don't like change. :P Nowadays I use either just yappo, or variations such as yappobiscuits or Captain Yappo.
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

HES

Postby HES » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:25 pm UTC

I have 40 nopix of work to do and 20 nopix to do it. I should probably go...

ETA: 1 :twisted:
Last edited by HES on Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:01 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
He/Him/His Image

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:32 pm UTC

HES wrote:I have 40 nopix of work to do and 20 nopix to do it. I should probably go...

Yes, yes you should. Report back when you are done.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:53 pm UTC

Thanks for the overall post rate statistics, mrob! (And for the further 1331ing.) Hopefully the ONGst of the newpages you blitz won't be too endish for you!
Here, take this redundant ice cream, just in case: Image

Did you know that even ice cream has a flashy gif? (Warning - it's hidden in this spoiler.)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-0574

Postby mscha » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:30 pm UTC

LONGMONT...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:37 pm UTC

Saw this and thought of BlitzGirl and her molpy army. ONWARD!
Spoiler:
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

BlitzGirl

Empty Nopix After Post: 2 so far

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:15 pm UTC

YES! Onward, bunnymolps! Join the army!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-0575

Postby mscha » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:30 pm UTC

ONGLOVED...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

AluisioASG

So many discoveries, so many collaborations, so many…

Postby AluisioASG » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:56 pm UTC

Is this the weepend already? The clouds outside tell me so.
For SBN:
Spoiler:

What's with the monkeys? Simple: there are 12 of them.
Selecting new quote…

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:03 pm UTC

Ah, Cueball. ImageImageImageImage is his favorite Beanish word.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: So many discoveries, so many collaborations, so many…

Postby SBN » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:03 pm UTC

AluisioASG wrote:Is this the weepend already? The clouds outside tell me so.
For SBN:
Spoiler:

Thanks.
Technically not the wip-end yet. I'm still watching the frozen-water extravaganza though. Thankfully all the frozen skywater seems to be gone from here though. Not my favorite stuff, though two out of three wolpies liked it. Most we'd had in ten yips.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Eternal Density

Somebody set up us the dam.

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:39 pm UTC

It's only Fridip mornip! But baobabs, not many posts while I was a-coma!

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:48 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:

I want to see this. It should totally be a thing.

Eternal Density wrote:More of the ch*rpies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngy2Cdn3R3M

D'aww! Except for the fowl language, they're adorable!

mrob27 wrote:[center]ONGst Is In
Chronogram from mrob27

Thanks, mrob, your post made me facesmile. I understand what you mean about the Voldepages. It's hard to go back and read those even after going through it and coming out OK on the other side. The grief in those pages is palpable.

cellocgw wrote:{finds out that his "no OtherComicDay" title has been deprecated in favor of User Submission Day; grumbles in honor of long-departed Charlie}

Well, I like submissive users :mrgreen:

Yes, and we certainly have competing standards in the OTT, because ni ni ni chupacabra etc etc.

Actually, they are two different things. "No OtherComicDay" could be a day with a What-If, while user submission day has neither a What-If nor an OtherComic. So both are valid. :)

yappobiscuits wrote:Saw this and thought of BlitzGirl and her molpy army. ONWARD!
Spoiler:

What the ch*rp is going on there? :shock:

AluisioASG wrote:Is this the weepend already? The clouds outside tell me so.
For SBN:

:D
And I hadn't notice. Happy 1200, SBN!

I've been using some version of lmjb for awhile for email and some user names, but for Twitter (which I don't use) and a few other sites, I use timpgoddess.I never expected to posting here so much, so when I created the account I used the old standby. Once I started getting more involved, I was bummed that I hadn't used timpgoddess, which is much more fun. But now I'm ok with it, especially since sometimes you folks call me Laura Mae or June Bug. :D

ETA There may not be a lot of posts because there was all that discussion of brain amoebas and confusion. Maybe people thought it was contagious. I know I was worried about it.

Oh, and I'll try to play your game tonip, azule, and contribute to your story, Aluisio, and post that thing yappo helped me with and...ch*rp, so much to do!

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

Eternal Density

Reckoning suggestion: filter all threads to OTTish

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:07 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:

Me too!
lmjb1964 wrote:

I think I can hear the sound of a scrumptious donut revving up...

Redundant:
Spoiler:

BlitzGirl

I wholly support that suggestion.

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:19 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:

Indeed.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:20 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:

Me too!
lmjb1964 wrote:

Whatever do you mean? I'm merely pointing out that they are in the category of molpy known as "fowl."
*starts backing towards the door*
Really, there was no pun there at all. Uh, look over there, a molpy!
*opens door and runs out*

Ch*rp. I previewran right into it.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”