1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-0630

Postby mscha » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:30 am UTC

BONGKOK...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Earthling on Mars » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:32 am UTC

The Dark Lord

Chapter 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5

It was light out when Gurrin woke again. He lifted his head and found that the pain was much less than it had been the previous night.

"He's awake,"

Gurrin turned his head to the right. The Molpy who had spoken was not one of the ones who had guarded him last night.

"Hi," said a soft voice to his left.

He turned his head that way. The beret-clad girl was kneeling in the sand, facing him, next to another Molpy.

"I'm LaPetite," said the girl. "What's your name?"

Gurrin blinked and looked past her to the Sandcastle's gate. He tried to stand. He found that he could stand on his three good legs, leaving his back right leg dragging.

The other Molpy stood as well.

Gurrin sat back down in the sand. He would have no chance of escaping.

Spoiler:
"Can't you talk?" said LaPetite.

He grunted.

"Milady, he's one of the Dark Lord's," said the Molpy to his right. "I really don't think you should be talking to him."

"I wanna know why he listens to that guy," said LaPetite. She looked at Gurrin again. "What's your name?"

He didn't answer.

"I wanna know your name!"

The Molpy on the left kicked Gurrin. "LaPetite asks, you answer!"

"Darkum!" said LaPetite. "Don't hurt him!"

"Sorry, milady."

"My name is Gurrin."

"Hi, Gurrin," said LaPetite. "I'm sorry Darkum kicked you."

Gurrin grunted.

"Why do you listen to that Dark Lord?" said LaPetite.

"He's the Dark Lord of the Sea¹," said Gurrin.

"He's mean."

"He's expanding his realm," said Gurrin. "His realm is the Sea¹, and since you're right next to it, you're what he's expanding into."

"So it is him!" said the Molpy on the right. "How is he doing it?"

Gurrin looked away.

The Molpy stepped in front of him. "How is he making the Sea¹ rise, dark Molpy?"

"I don't know," Gurrin muttered.

The other Molpy snapped his teeth at Gurrin. "You don't know! You telling the truth, dark Molpy?"

"I don't know everything he does! I just attack who he says to attack."

"Even innocent little girls?"

Gurrin glared back at the Molpy. "She's in his way."

"Does he ever think about all the people and Molpies he hurts in his oh-so-important quest to be king of the world?"

"It's how the world works. The powerful ones gain more power or lose it all, and the rest of us either follow along or get killed. I, for one, would rather follow the stronger one."

"Stronger, huh?" said the other Molpy. "What if it turns out he's not so strong after all?"

"Ridiculous," Gurrin muttered. His head was starting to hurt again.

"Listen, dark Molpy. You ever hear about the other Dark Lords?"

"The first one was Morgoth," said Gurrin.

"Right. He's gone now, tossed out of the world by the Valar. All the other Dark Lords are defeated too. What makes you think yours is going to do any better?"

The conversation was exhausting Gurrin. He let his head slump in the sand. "What makes you think you can do anything about him?"

"I don't know," said the Molpy. "But you know, the other Dark Lords were all defeated by little creatures like me working together."

"Ridiculous."

"One short little man and his servant walked across the land of the second Dark Lord alone to save the world from him. I'm just doing what I can."

"You'll think differently when you drown under the Sea¹."

The other Molpy didn't answer.

LaPetite finally spoke again. "I don't think you should do what that Dark Lord says. He's not nice."

Gurrin stared at the wall.

"One of your friends killed one of my Molpy friends." The girl's voice was sad. She had taken her beret off and was holding it in her hands.

There was silence for a few minutes.

"I'm hungry," said LaPetite. "Are you hungry, Gurrin?"

Gurrin was starving. "Yeah, a little."

"I'll go get something to eat." LaPetite stood up and walked to the gate.

Gurrin closed his eyes because of his headache. Why were they fighting against a little girl?

¹ big

← previous (NP1592) - next (NP1790) →
Last edited by Earthling on Mars on Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:38 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:39 am UTC

Baobabs, more Dark Lord! It's been a while. Awesomeful! I love that it evidently takes place in the same universe as Tolkien's work (as well as the OTC universe)... treeish :P
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:53 am UTC

Ooh, thanks for the Panther Salve, Yappo. For some reason, they didn't have any at the drug store. ?? Must be waiting for a shipment.

That sounds like treeish, research, Zooman. That's nice of the antmolpies to take care of the flutterbeebabies. Personally, I am not so fond of antmolpies, since they keep invading my kitchen and swarming on my meowlpy's food. :(

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

HES

Postby HES » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:01 am UTC

Molpying down early because I have nothing better to do... this is going to be an unproductive weepend.
He/Him/His Image

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:16 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Personally, I am not so fond of antmolpies, since they keep invading my kitchen and swarming on my meowlpy's food. :(

That's understandable. I prefer to have them in the field or in the lab, too, rather than having them in my kitchen!
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:57 am UTC

HES wrote:Molpying down early because I have nothing better to do... this is going to be an unproductive weepend.

Back-to-back episodes of Adventure Time (found a new dealer), followed by Ender's Game with my parents. Yep, not getting anything much done todip.

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:20 am UTC

COPYONG...
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-0631

Postby mscha » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:30 am UTC

SURPASSONGLY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

ZoomanSP

Postby ZoomanSP » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:53 am UTC

Did newpixbot post a redundant ONG because I linked to /946 instead of /t1i-0631, because I posted timeaftertime/xkcd_timeaftertime_20140302_0400.png instead of otcstories/npb/t1i-0631.png, or because he mistook my ONG as a decree?
Wait on.

Spoiler:

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:56 am UTC

"CopyONG" looks rather prescient now, Zooman. :P
Wowterful chapter of The Dark Lord, Earthling on Mars! I love the conflicted dark molpy.

yappobiscuits wrote:Where was this community? As I've said before I can't see how it could've formed on the TPP site itself since the chat is just an endless fast-moving stream of commands and spam... does the community have a home like we do here, or is it just various places like reddit and the like?

It doesn't seem to really have one "home" like the OTT. Kind of a combination of the TPP subreddit, image upload sites / tumblrs, video recaps, a bit of the main chat (when filtered), some of the chill chat, and independent aspects like the Helix singers. I still much prefer the OTT, but it is rather treeish to see how other groups create their own fan communities. Image
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-0632

Postby mscha » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:30 am UTC

CAWONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

azule
Saved

Re: 1190: "Zanclean Zodiac"; ᔪ--

Postby azule » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:37 am UTC

« Frame 0F: NP1774:34 | » Frame 11: NP1789:21

The Zanclean Zodiac

I forgot a very important way to play. After the current sign is revealed you can pontificate as to what the personality of a person born under this sign would be. Obviously there exists the Outside descriptions, but an OTTified version is, of course, preferred.

Seven more AuthorComics will-has been OTTified this wip, when you check the bottom of this post.

Lurkreplies:

Kit. thanks for your OdeTiTy.

Molpish Molpy Hunter, lmjb (which I believe stands for large molpy jack-bear).
I dreamt the person who made the panpix revealed themself. But I forgot who, sorry.

mrob, balt, and anyone Polish may call me czule. I don't know what it means but I'm stealing it as a name.
Spoiler:
Google Translate says it means "fondly". That works.

I'll put a stray thought here. So difficult staying motivated. Getting replies helps a lot. Helps me not feel crazy for talking to myself. hah.

download/file.php?id=41878&mode=view Awesomeful, HES!

Heretically delicious #546, ED!

Perfectly done 1317, HES.

The "10000/7" discussion seems relevant, but also kinda funny. :)

Neat solution on your #1318, Zooman.

neat image, Aluisio and yappo: Image

rvZeploon, great job. ;)

Zooman, Molpy was molpytastic! (I actually read this one with song playing. Fun.)

ED, your OTTmart series, especially #439. heh.

Neil_Boekend proves the dead can be injured and that they have complex skeletal structures unlike Cueball.

I found this fanfic, There Must Be Other Rivers by cadenzamuse. I mention it because of this note:
cadenzamuse wrote:I have chosen not to use One True Thread or xkcd Time Wiki names or terms in this fic.
So, I wonder, is this someone with a different username on the fora, or just a lurker? Do others not so directly connected to us know about us? :)
While there, check out Second Journey, which is really cool TimeAfterTime, ink lined, pictorial. :)

Yay, all is well. Plus, meat beats beets.

Steakish impersonating, HES. I wonder if you can do me, though, I may be unimpersonatable.

waveney wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:I'm not in the basement, just haven't been checking by as often and haven't been posting because I'm still waiting for someone to decypher the secret message in my 3000th post.

It is a Dogecoin address - currently the online wallet is down for importing addresses and has been for several dips.
After someone said they noticed your secret in your sig (but wouldn't tell us about it) I looked for myself. I followed the link but had no way to use the cypher. On a related note, I have been confused about cryptocurrency for a long time since I first heard of bitcoin. I never even heard of the doge meme. So I looked things up today and I'll only slightly less baffled. Memes are memes but I don't quite get the humor. Crypocurrency is...uh, fiat currency....uh, it's not real. lol. But it is real if people are willing to exchange things for it. So..........................you want my money, Eternal Density????!!!! :P . . . . . . . . . . . No.
New info: Oh, then where is the secret message?

yappobiscuits wrote:Armadilgunnerangnininichupacabrapingpongmolpy.
Yes. Just: yes.
mscha wrote:PS: Armolpydillo.
Good alternative.

ucim wrote:If you are interested, Brian Greene wrote an excellent book about this kind of thing called "The Elegant Universe".
I have that book. Never read it. Thought that it might not be relevant anymore. I guess there really aren't any new advances in quantum science re:TBBT.

HES wrote:
mscha wrote:COMONGLES...

The beesnake on the bush goes round and round,
Round and round,
Round and round,
The beesnake on the bush goes round and round,
All dip long...
Bushish!

AluisioASG wrote:notebook (did we ottify that word yet?)
Yes, and hopefully someone gets to it before me, it is lapleopard.

BlitzGirl wrote:(
You're doing it wrong.

ZoomanSP wrote:Then, a seaish baobabs to the authors of the not-so-mysteriousONGs and the ZodiacONGs, SilentTimer and azule! Something this special deserves a special treat:
Spoiler:
I'm ashamed to be grouped in with SilentTimer, but thanks!!

yappobiscuits wrote:Yeah, the m*stardy kerning in the OTF has always bugged me. I'm probably too lazy to fix it all manually but thanks for the list anyway!
I've fixed it in the font itself. It's in WOFF format online (where I use it in Time Drags On), if anyone needs it in OTF or TTF, I might do a conversion for y'all to share.

Spoiler:
firefox_wicca-OdeTiTy.png

-- posted by the way I love this new trend

Edit: Added next and previous frame links.
Last edited by azule on Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:47 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

yappobiscuits

Re: 1190: "Zanclean Zodiac"; ᔪ--

Postby yappobiscuits » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:56 am UTC

azule wrote:I found this fanfic, There Must Be Other Rivers by cadenzamuse. I mention it because of this note:
cadenzamuse wrote:I have chosen not to use One True Thread or xkcd Time Wiki names or terms in this fic.
So, I wonder, is this someone with a different username on the fora, or just a lurker? Do others not so directly connected to us know about us? :)
While there, check out Second Journey, which is really cool TimeAfterTime, ink lined, pictorial. :)

Wow, great finds! Its molpish to see there's still a bit of Time fandom outside of this thread. I love how the second one ends up in the Click and Drag world :D
azule wrote:I've fixed it in the font itself. It's in WOFF format online (where I use it in Time Drags On), if anyone needs it in OTF or TTF, I might do a conversion for y'all to share.

Treeish, thanks! I've never heard of WOFF format before, but let's see if I can make use of it...

...Hmm, no, not a recognised file type here I'm afraid.

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-0633

Postby mscha » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:30 pm UTC

SWONGONGS...
Spoiler:
-- posted by newpixbot

ZoomanSP

Postby ZoomanSP » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:07 pm UTC

You will need to show your best stick-drawing skills, Cueball!
Spoiler:
!!!
Wait on.

Spoiler:

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:54 pm UTC

Thanks for the comments on the Dark Lord, yappo and BlitzGirl. I think I've figured out where I'm going with it now, so hopefully the chapters will be a little more frequent.

newpixbot wrote:
Spoiler:

That looks like a beanie on top of that cairn...

ggh

Postby ggh » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:08 pm UTC

A quick blindpost to say Treeish! to your various observation of the 1775 decree. Loved them!
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

january1may

Postby january1may » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:24 pm UTC

Um... where I am? Is it... a basement?
Wait, do blitzers get basemented, or do they end up somewhere else? I suppose one should ask macraw83hexa - xe just recently returned from a major blitzing break (or so I've heard anyway).
Either way, to continue what I was doing...

JFOM Blitz Report 9
Progress: NP259/np435

I think "jibberish converter" is quite a weird name for the Madness. Pretty fitting though (if a bit disrespectful).

On that thought, doesn't look like CasualSax ever accepted that religion invitation (xe's been around on the *fora relatively recently, but the above was xer last OTT post).

Is that an Othercomic manip on NP244? It's not really an OTTification, but it's definitely based on Othercomic imagery.

I wasn't aware that xk3d was a thing. I wonder if it's still accepting submissions, and (if so) whether some OTTers could try to do any...

Is it ubscdt or udscbt? I almost feel like they're two different posters (after some searching, apparently they are, which surprised me).

Smithers' image is basically the same as Kieryn's image, but not a spoiler. (OTOH, it has usability problems left of np150mga or so, but even then it basically says "no, the water didn't rise".)

I confirm Smithers' description of xer zoom, by the way (and apparently I missed JTL's zoom in my report).

TREBUCHET!!! Tiny trebuchet, I mean. That frame (np403, I think, but could be mistaken) was really out of place in the OTC, and it's just glorious to finally see it properly.

I'm already tired of all that Jack discussion from the NP220s. What is he/xe/it doing on NP246? (As for the possessives, I like the JBR version: "It's being left on its own.")

"Wait for it and its its" is such a lovely phrase! And it actually making sense in context is even better.

That linguistic stuff about "its" is really interesting! I suppose the same thing exists in modern English with "whose" (as in there's no "whats" or somesuch for possessives of things that wouldn't be referred to with "who" - it's all "whose" either way... this surprised me a lot when I realized that a few months ago).

ChronosDragon has xer 99th post, apparently. Didn't realize xe was around so early (it doesn't help that I still occasionally confuse xer with Dracomax, who also appeared pretty early).

I don't particularly understand what the sea is doing, either. (Though it probably knows what it's doing, it's a big- wait, I think that's the wrong quote. Sorry.)

On NP249, Elmach is still umlaut-y (even though it's been a lot of Time since the Nuepixian Subheresy... and, for that matter, it makes no sense now, as the Madness had stopped already).

ChronosDragon's current avatar doesn't seem to have a hat, surprisingly. Did any of xer previous avatars ever have one?

Whatever an INEIGTDI is, it doesn't look anything like "ong". Is this some acronym or what?

I'm not quite sure what the ch*rp is the University of Washington in the Late Cretaceous (would that be the location or the subject?), but whatever it is, that's a funny name.

IIRC, the river was to the left. We never got any "official" confirmation of that, though (or of anything about that river, really).

Roughly half of Kabuthunk's predictions came true. (And one of them came roughly half true, which is funny.)

I probably would answer "who wants ice cream" with "me". I would probably say "I don't" if I don't actually want it, however.

I wasn't aware OTTers were still speaking Madness-ish as late as NP250 :? but "the water level tin change" doesn't look like a typo to me, either.

Whatever Davidy posted has a lot of spelling errors, even allowing for it having switched letters (for one, "grammar" isn't supposed to have an E in it).

Um, did I guess correctly that "crenellation" is OTTish for "these little ornament-y micro-towers on the tops of the castles"? I kind of assumed that's what it meant, from the context... but I now wonder if I assumed correctly (not that I found anything contradicting it, just wondering).

A while back, I wondered what is the tiniest change to "All your base are belong to us" that can make it into a passable sentence. Apparently, changing "are" into "will" would work pretty decently; I couldn't find anything tinier.

I suspect bigcrag92's post about 10000 was either 250:39 or 251:0 originally. It's now at 250:34, which makes the offset either -5 or -6 (either way well into the negatives - some posts must've had been moved or deleted).

The miniature does seem to have a model of a bit of water, actually. It almost certainly doesn't model the rising water level, though, which is the biggest blow to the "larger copy" theory.

I don't know enough OTC history to be sure whether that's a pole or a ladder. I suppose a pole would make more sense, as there's nothing yet to climb to with a ladder.

I actually like the "lurked, waited, posted, am I insane" version. It makes a huge amount of sense considering the culture of the OTT (either then or in the Present). I don't like either of the many versions "interminable", because that's just explaining one confusing word with another.

The raftcastle is correctly predicted by mybrainhurts on NP253 (though, obviously, xe got a lot of the specific details incorrectly, as they involved a character that didn't yet appear).

Looks like partingLance... just finished a blitz! Also known as why you shouldn't do unsignposted blitzing: nobody remembers your feat (I think I've mentioned that a few times already).

There's some sort of a whirly whirly time ripple on NP255. I'll need to be careful - I don't want to go to NP293 just yet!

What is up with Megan's hair in that frame, anyway? I never really looked at "regular" OTT frames that closely.

I'm pretty sure that blitzing isn't an expected Cardinal duty. Definitely not that early.

And on the topic of blitzing...
BlitzGirl wrote:Quest progress: 149 out of 259 pages.
Attack of the Trebuchet. NP 222.

I have coma'ed twice since I last traveled the thread of Time, and the lack of chaos in my brain concerns me. Clearly I have been absent too long. Luckily my path now winds through posts affected by the Madness, as the Sandcastle is bombarded by the First Trebuchet. I suddenly desire to Capitalize as many Mundane Words as is Humanly Possible. It shall be All Too Easy to slip back into the Semen/Coffee River/Sea that is This Thread.

Also, THIS:
bouer wrote:Who needs their sanity. Read it all

Hint: you save some more sanity if you read it slower.

hexa as in ma-cra-w-eigh-ty-three
mga the very early frames are in that sweet spot where all three systems agree with each other; there's even a tiny piece near np250 where all three systems agree with each other and it's already longpix

And of course:
CAIRNONG...
There are two films that I particularly like.
One of them is a science-fiction dramatic comedy involving a boy who accidentally travelled in time. Extremely popular when it originally came out in 1985, it retains a major cult following to this day.
The other one, of course, is Back to the Future.

waveney

Postby waveney » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:06 pm UTC

Isthat a beanie on top of the cain?

Is it a burial mound?

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:30 pm UTC

Redundant:
Spoiler:
maniaks.PNG
rdmnk.PNG
rdmnk.PNG (4.23 KiB) Viewed 14568 times
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:10 pm UTC

Now THAT's a sand sculpture.
Earthling on Mars wrote:That looks like a beanie on top of that cairn...

Baobabs, it does! :shock:

ucim

Postby ucim » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:11 pm UTC

Been busy with another show lately ("The Clean House") so haven't had a chance to post much (nor to read in "posting mode") but I have been enjoying the whole thread and all the ottifications. Alas, the list has vanished into the mustard jar. Ch*rp!
azule Earthling On Mars - Loved the latest "Dark Lord". Do we now know where Middle Earth is?

azule wrote:I found this fanfic, There Must Be Other Rivers by cadenzamuse.
Whoa! Baobabish! I'd never heard of that site. I did notice on their sitemap "The Archive of Our Own is a project of the OTW". I don't think they mean "One True Wiki". They merit chocolate, either for heresy, or treeishness, I'm not sure which.

azule wrote:Image
Yes, but we must also spread the faith.

Mustard was already a dirty word even before the hills. Ch*rp became one by fiat, if I recall correctly. We just decided it "ought to be", after the birds started doing it. (Haven't seen bees chirp though). It may have been as a response to BlitzGirl's innocuous usage. I don't remember, and don't have time to look it up.

So... maybe they need more Auntmolpies.
I found these in the Dominican Republic. They are good at copying themselves, maybe they can do maps?

Gonna post this quickly before it too succumbs to Time.

RSIR
Spoiler:
antmolpies_from_IMG_2661.JPG
Alas, you'll need ENHANCE to see the actual auntmolpies.
Jose
Last edited by ucim on Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:40 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

HES

Sometimes being unique is being normal.

Postby HES » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:14 pm UTC

Okay, okay, I'm molpying up.

january1may wrote:Um, did I guess correctly that "crenellation" is OTTish for "these little ornament-y micro-towers on the tops of the castles"? I kind of assumed that's what it meant, from the context... but I now wonder if I assumed correctly (not that I found anything contradicting it, just wondering).

Not just OTTish, that's the outside word too.

azule wrote:http://forums.xkcd.com/download/file.php?id=41878&mode=view Awesomeful, HES!

Eh? Why did I use an attachment? *looks* Oh, because of mustard.
-- posted by BlitzGirl

azule wrote:Do others not so directly connected to us know about us? :)

There must be plenty of lurkers left out there.

Hey, you. Yes, you, watching in the shadows. Sign up and come join us!

azule wrote:Steakish impersonating, HES. I wonder if you can do me, though, I may be unimpersonatable.

There are several OTTers that would be difficult to impersonate without just sounding like myself.

ZoomanSP wrote:Did newpixbot post a redundant ONG because I linked to /946 instead of /t1i-0631, because I posted timeaftertime/xkcd_timeaftertime_20140302_0400.png instead of otcstories/npb/t1i-0631.png, or because he mistook my ONG as a decree?

Yes.

Couldn't tell you which, though.
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:25 pm UTC

Now that's a sand sculpture. :mrgreen: Awesomeful, balthascultptor!

january1may wrote:I wasn't aware that xk3d was a thing. I wonder if it's still accepting submissions, and (if so) whether some OTTers could try to do any...

Probably not. The 3d.xkcd.com address doesn't seem to work for any OTTercomic past the original 3d one, http://3d.xkcd.com/880/

Aunt
molpies, Jose?
Spoiler:
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:49 pm UTC

Aw, shame. How treeish would http://3d.xkcd.com/1190 be!

HES

Postby HES » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:56 pm UTC

Weren't most of them auto-generated?
He/Him/His Image

balthasar_s

ETA: 150 posts.

Postby balthasar_s » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:00 pm UTC

Weren't we autogenerated?
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

ChronosDragon

Re: ETA: 150 posts.

Postby ChronosDragon » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:08 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:Weren't we autogenerated?

The universe is a people factory

taixzo

Re: ETA: 150 posts.

Postby taixzo » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:10 pm UTC

I think we were chronogenerated.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, Vytron, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

HES

Postby HES » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:19 pm UTC

I read that as "chronograted" and now all I can think of is rainbow cheese.
He/Him/His Image

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:23 pm UTC

ucim wrote:
azule - Loved the latest "Dark Lord". Do we now know where Middle Earth is?

Assuming you're looking nort, It's to the right of West Earth.

Those of us who are bots are auto-generated. Those of us who are GLR are not.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-0635

Postby mscha » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:30 pm UTC

THINKONGNESS...
Spoiler:
-- posted by newpixbot

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

write: rainymip: No route to host

Postby AluisioASG » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:33 pm UTC

azule wrote:I'll put a stray thought here. So difficult staying motivated. Getting replies helps a lot.

I must remember that.

azule wrote:Plus, meat beats beets.

I'll take neither any day. I like to think I'm normal.

january1may wrote:Um, did I guess correctly that "crenellation" is OTTish for "these little ornament-y micro-towers on the tops of the castles"? I kind of assumed that's what it meant, from the context... but I now wonder if I assumed correctly (not that I found anything contradicting it, just wondering).

I guess you're right. That's what I assumed too.

january1may wrote:ChronosDragon has xer 99th post, apparently. Didn't realize xe was around so early (it doesn't help that I still occasionally confuse xer with Dracomax, who also appeared pretty early).

One is active, the other basemented. Simple. But you wouldn't know that.

january1may wrote:Is it ubscdt or udscbt?

u?sc?t

january1may wrote:ChronosDragon's current avatar doesn't seem to have a hat, surprisingly.

The Haberdasher doesn't have a hat. This sums up how degraded our community is.

january1may wrote:I'll need to be careful - I don't want to go to NP1253 just yet!

ETFY

waveney wrote:Is it a burial mound?

I think so. Made of rocks.

mrob27 wrote:azule - Loved the latest "Dark Lord".

BlitzGirl wrote:I'd never heard of that site.

I remember TLTW had been published there for a while.

someone wrote:
Spoiler:

Whoever did this, may I suggest using PNG next time?

ChronosDragon wrote:The universe is a people factory

That gives a new meaning to “Help I'm trapped in a people factory”.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Neil_Boekend

Re: write: rainymip: No route to host

Postby Neil_Boekend » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:04 pm UTC

AluisioASG wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:The universe is a people factory

That gives a new meaning to “Help I'm trapped in a people factory”.

I rather like being in this people factory. There is probably no time outside of it.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

HES

Always making things worse

Postby HES » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:21 pm UTC

AluisioASG wrote:
HES via BlitzGirl via facebook wrote:
Spoiler:

Whoever did this, may I suggest using PNG next time?

I did.
Spoiler:
He/Him/His Image

Eternal Density

That was a treeish decree.

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:25 pm UTC

Hi! The weepend is over and I've ketchupped Lots of steakish stuff, everyotter!!

Thanks HES for the Hotdog update. Too bad you couldn't actually update the hotdog though :(

@macraw83 I'd almost forgotten about Firefly Online and the username I reserved, but I did briefly think of it the other wip, so it's funny to see it brought up again.

@azule as mentioned elsewhere, my 300th post thing had nothing to do with my sig (which included the dogecoin thing long before that milestone).
I do want people's money but not until I actually have something for them to buy...
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

ChronosDragon

Re: write: rainymip: No route to host

Postby ChronosDragon » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:33 pm UTC

AluisioASG wrote:
january1may wrote:ChronosDragon's current avatar doesn't seem to have a hat, surprisingly.

The Haberdasher doesn't have a hat. This sums up how degraded our community is.

Oh, oh, I don't like being symptomatic of any problems. Let me rectify this right away.

Eternal Density

Ketchuped on Drawception also.

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:51 pm UTC

I don't think Twitch Plays Sandcastle Builder would work too well, but Twitch Plays Nethack or Twitch Plays ADOM could work alright.

In other news, I now own a titanium spork.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:25 pm UTC

I think I look quite smashing in this headwear. Long overdue, too - I seem to recall promising I'd hat myself shortly after I changed my avatar (months ago at this point)

Anyone else up for a rehatting, just while I've got photoshop open?

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”