1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1281

Postby mscha » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:30 pm UTC

LOZONGES...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

It's quiet todip...

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:55 pm UTC

karhell wrote:
SBN wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:New OtherComic

Eminently OTTifiable — that's Megan and Cue in bed! About to get Lucky!

But someone should hide the punsaw before BG sees it.

*grabs Punsaw and RUNs*

VITSSÅGEN... come back!

Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HES

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby HES » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:08 pm UTC

Wait, you mean there's only one punsaw?
He/Him/His Image

mscha

Time Revisited - np2173

Postby mscha » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:10 pm UTC

RUNGTAW...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:THE PUNSAW IS A LIE

-- posted by oldpixbot

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:12 pm UTC

HES wrote:Wait, you mean there's only one punsaw?

One punsaw to rule them all
One punsaw to find them
One punsaw to bring them all
And in the basement bind them
In the OTT where double dactyls lie
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:13 pm UTC

Nicely done, moody7277!
I think there are a few punsaws about, including yours and lmjb's, HES. But that one was mine!

AUTOMOME wrote:THE PUNSAW IS A LIE

:shock: ...What?!

Missed dialogueUNGs in the Time replay:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:15 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Missed dialogueUNGs in the Time replay:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Now we need a "Pffthhy Megan".
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

macraw83

SchizoBlitz Progress: 1711/1758

Postby macraw83 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:21 pm UTC

SchizoBlitz Report #15

This report is brought to you by the number 47.

It's been two wips since I last posted, and there's a good reason for that. Firstly, I've been able to get a (relative) lot of Blitzing done (almost 100NP in 2 wips... not as fast as it could be, but quicker than it has been), with not a lot of time spent formatting responses. I've also taken the time to drive from western Virginia to both Chicago and eastern Virginia on consecutive wipends. And I drove to Gulfport two wips before that.

Anyway, here goes a couple observations/pastpost responses/random ramblings:

There are a bunch of weepend puzzles that I'm not sure ever got placed on the wiki, but I've also noticed that there are a few that are misplaced somehow so I'm not entirely sure anymore. If nothing else, I'm putting this list of puzzles-not-easily-found-on-the-wiki here so that I can spend some time with the page once I ketchup to this point in my future.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=101043&p=3505798#p3505798
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=101043&start=65800#p3508931
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=101043&start=65840#p3509097
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=101043&start=66000#p3510471
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=101043&start=66280#p3512259
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=101043&start=66360#p3512520
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=101043&start=67400#p3519507

I added ggh's np1005 OTColored from NP 1625 to the wiki. mscha made a weepend jigsaw of it (which was there), but in my search to verify that it was the proper one I couldn't find it on the OTColored page.

My thoughts on Aluisio's code puzzle:
lmjb1964 wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:There are many ways to represent a number.
Spoiler:
The decimal 3099, for example, can be represented as 0C1B₁₆, 6033₈ ⅯⅯⅯⅩⅭⅨᵣ, ΧΧΧΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΠΙΙΙΙₖ… or AAEPF.

Ah, I see that last one looks different when I quote it. That's s clue, I'm guessing. But
Spoiler:
0C1B₁₆means nothing to me. How is that, or AAEPF, 3099?

If you look at AAEPF as a number in base 26, with A=0 and Z=25, you'll find that it becomes 3099.

I took that knowledge and decoded the first five groups in the message, and got the following:

The final stanza mentions that there are 5 alphas. I looked at the dialog, and lo and behold I was able to fit the first (and obviously last) group to an "A". The 8th letter in np1689 is an "a". That fell apart with the rest, since there is no np6112 (even when counting TaT), and there aren't 68 letters in np2098, and I tried a few other things that didn't work. So... I ended up just Waiting for It for someone else to come along and unlock its secrets, which thankfully ggh eventually did.

Later on, HES sent a few Time-capsules back in time that were somewhat confusing but still amusing nonetheless:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=101043&start=67520#p3519955
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=101043&start=67560#p3520261

Quick response to this:
lmjb1964 wrote:
ggh wrote:Everything Aluisio says is over my head.

Like all of these lines, for example:
AluisioASG wrote:
I know how to rhyme ‘pomegranate’ with ‘pillow’.
The body bends until it breaks and sings again no more

I'm sure those lines all mean something. I'm just not sure what. :D

I know the second line there is from a Linkin Park song from one of their more recent albums, and it was one of two such lines in the post it came from. Not sure what the first quote you've listed is from though.

Anyway, as busy as my last few wips have been, I'm expecting HJuly to be even busier, for reasons I cannot get into right now. But, I'm hoping my Blitz comes to completion pretty soon, sometime within the next few wips if not xips.
In a comically tragic turn of events, Addams didn't die. You can help her here.

Does the basement ever end?

Good luck to all the Blitzers out there!

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1282

Postby mscha » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:30 pm UTC

HYPOPHARONGES...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:44 pm UTC

Newpage 1989, early next wip, MSWFP and I started a chain of anniversaries to remember. Of course MSW didn't actually come along until much later.

Also, New What-if
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

HES

Re: SchizoBlitz Progress: 1711/1758

Postby HES » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:56 pm UTC

macraw83 wrote:(almost 100NP in 2 wips... not as fast as it could be, but quicker than it has been)

If you're going <10 NPd-1 you're going backwards by early standards :wink:

macraw83 wrote:Later on, HES sent a few Time-capsules back in time that were somewhat confusing but still amusing nonetheless:

He did?
*checks*
He did :D
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:19 pm UTC

SBN wrote:Also, New What-if

"Oil" looks shockingly similar to semencoffeecancerbaconstarsandicybabies:

Oh hey, NP1989! That's my birthyip. Image
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Why no photos of Tiboulen?

Postby AluisioASG » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:26 pm UTC

You know, I had never noticed d'If was part of an archipelago.
I also didn't know I could read French to a reasonable level.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

balthasar_s

Re: It's quiet todip...

Postby balthasar_s » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:27 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
VITSSÅGEN... come back!

FTFY

I improved the naming of archived images. Of course I had to add a little mustard. It made the bot fail to recognize when an image is already archived. Now the images will be ketchupped at a speed of 3 newpages per newpix. If you want to follow the progress open the "<computery stuff>" spoiler at the bottom of the mirror. It's already a little too late as there are some images missing from the past: the gif by Primis, some frame diffs, some cupcakes, some other.

A summary of what the mirror does now:
  • Avatars are saved, previous avatars are kept.
  • Attachments are saved. Not only images. If a minimized version exists, it's saved too
  • User informaton and signatures are saved. Only the latest sig is remembered
  • Images that aren't attachments are being saved. Only images on the OTT. Not linked from the OTT.
  • The newpagwes are saved. The way it works now does not protect from deleted posts. But I don't expect anyone to go and delete their posts, because why?
  • Posting from the mirror is possible. But BBcode to HTML translation doesn't work yet. So in the Mustardtime Otherthread you'll see all the BBcode tags.

When the BBcode to HTML translation is done I'll have all I wanted from the mirror. I will make the source available then.

Also, even if the mirror will make it possible to blitz the past without any more missing images, the future blitzers will not know about it until the newpage when it was announced which is a little to late.
Also, if you make a temporal edit, it may wait for weeks until until it gets into the mirror. But you can use the update link (in the spoiler at the bottom of the mirror page) to make your edit appear immediately.

ETA: Also, the userscripts don't work there unless changed.

Redundant
Spoiler:
BlitzGirl wrote:
I TOLD U WAS REDUNDANT
Y U NO BELIEVE ME?

runbg.gif
runbg.gif (1.94 KiB) Viewed 25982 times
Last edited by balthasar_s on Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:16 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

ChronosDragon

IN SOVIET RUSSIA, NEEDLE-PULLED THING DEMUSTARDS _YOU_

Postby ChronosDragon » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:31 pm UTC

Good news

I've finished with the school thing. There will be a party later and then I get about a week to myself. Will be OTTifying many things.

Except I maybe have a sort of date-shaped thing on Saturday. I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around the concept despite having seen a number of high school drama movies/shows where this exact thing happens. Life is different when you're the one living it and there's no script/laugh track.

ucim

Postby ucim » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:37 pm UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:Except I maybe have a sort of date-shaped thing on Saturday. I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around the concept...
You're just having a good time with a friend. You'll do it again soon, and again after that. Don't put too much on it. Just don't eat any cassettes. :)

And thanks mrob!

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

mscha

Time Revisited - np2176

Postby mscha » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:10 pm UTC

SPRUNGIEST...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:MAXIMUM OTTIFICATIONS YIELDS MAXIMUM REDUNDANCY

-- posted by oldpixbot

NoMouse

Postby NoMouse » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:13 pm UTC

SBN wrote:Also, New What-if

And it's all about raptormolpieso!

title text of the 4th picture in the What If wrote:This basically becomes the Primer chart from xkcd.com/657.

Haha, I was thinking exactly the same before I even looked at the title text.

oMade of semencoffeecancerbaconstarsandicybabies, as BlitzGirl noted.
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

taixzo

Re: It's quiet todip...

Postby taixzo » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:10 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
VITSSÅGEN... come back!

FTFY

I improved the naming of archived images. Of course I had to add a little mustard. It made the bot fail to recognize when an image is already archived. Now the images will be ketchupped at a speed of 3 newpages per newpix. If you want to follow the progress open the "<computery stuff>" spoiler at the bottom of the mirror. It's already a little too late as there are some images missing from the past: the gif by Primis, some frame diffs, some cupcakes, some other.

A summary of what the mirror does now:
  • Avatars are saved, previous avatars are kept.
  • Attachments are saved. Not only images. If a minimized version exists, it's saved too
  • User informaton and signatures are saved. Only the latest sig is remembered
  • Images that aren't attachments are being saved. Only images on the OTT. Not linked from the OTT.
  • The newpagwes are saved. The way it works now does not protect from deleted posts. But I don't expect anyone to go and delete their posts, because why?
  • Posting from the mirror is possible. But BBcode to HTML translation doesn't work yet. So in the Mustardtime Otherthread you'll see all the BBcode tags.

When the BBcode to HTML translation is done I'll have all I wanted from the mirror. I will make the source available then.

Also, even if the mirror will make it possible to blitz the past without any more missing images, the future blitzers will not know about it until the newpage when it was announced which is a little to late.
Also, if you make a temporal edit, it may wait for weeks until until it gets into the mirror. But you can use the update link (in the spoiler at the bottom of the mirror page) to make your edit appear immediately.

ETA: Also, the userscripts don't work there unless changed.

Redundant
Spoiler:
BlitzGirl wrote:
I TOLD U WAS REDUNDANT
Y U NO BELIEVE ME?

runbg.gif

Many of the links that are now broken were archived by the Wayback Machine. Perhaps your bots could check there for images missing from the OTT?
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1283

Postby mscha » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:30 pm UTC

ONGROUNDEDNESS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

mrob27

I MADE YOU A BLINDPOST BUT I SCHIZOBLITZED IT

Postby mrob27 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:32 pm UTC

第七章

(chapter 6)

A bustle rises again as the Clerics and Scribes wrap. The cameras and dolly equipment and balthacycle all worked flawlessly, and for once The Director is very happy. After carefully restoring the screens and other furnishings of the room, they head back to the tai-no-ya1 (production rooms) where ucim will watch the dailies.
    Pilgrims leave the shoin2 in ones and twos, exiting back through the main building's hisashi3 and out to the courtyard. It is late afternoon, and some will remain at the temple for vespers.
    守炉部二十七 (Morobu-Niju-Nana) walks down to the shinden4 on the south side, where pilgrims are allowed to sleep one night before continuing on their journey. The accomodations are simple: tatami mats on the floor, thin futons and a small room in the corner with a hearth for making hot water or tea. Morobu prays for a bit, meditating on the nijū-no-tō5 of Cuegan. He sleeps well, to the soft rush of the falls and sounds of little creatures in the forest.

1lit. "living quarters"
2lit. "drawing room", a room for receiving guests
3circumferential corridor
4in a mansion or compound, the main sleeping quarters
5a two-tiered pagoda or tower

Ketchup

BlueCrab wrote: (OTT:1986:5) Haven't got a control key, it's a touchscreen. :P

Oh well then, perhaps you could be more specific and say what it is you wish to accomplish (rather than just a general comment like "so when people tell me how to do things and the instructions include right-click, :shrug:").
azule: ... Firstly, actually, I don't know how you mobileOTTers do it. I tried just reading the OTT using my phone...and that was somewhat painful. Good luck.

In general, on a mouse-type organized sand the right-click gives a contextual menu, containing functions like "save as..." or "open image in new tab". On iPhones, most of these functions are accomplished with a long-touch: Touch the link or image and keep your finger on it for a couple seconds. For a link, Safari only gives you a few options (open, open on new page, add to reading list, copy URL). Atomic Browser adds "open in background tab" and "download file". Some options (like "inspect element" are not available at all, but Atomic Web has a "view source" command. For images you can "save image" (to photos app) or "copy"; Atomic Web adds "save image to files" (which puts it in the same place as the "download file" command).

balthasar_s wrote: Also, a browser cache archive. very cool. But now I wonder: How does it deal with this problem: these two URLs: http://1190.bicyclesonthemoon.dnsd.info/index.htm and http://bicyclesonthemoon.dnsd.info/1190/index.htm both produce the same path: info/dnsd/bicyclesonthemoon/1190/index.htm

Apologies, I was going from memory, and I left out some details of my browser (which is called mira and is open-source). It turns out I was also wrong about leaving filenames unchanged, that's apparently only true with my mirror script (which downloads and saves a copy of a website or portion thereof). I've had these tools for more than 15 years and I tend to forget how they all work. :roll:
    Anyway, since it's caching we're interested in let's address your question. The characters "@h", representing the word "host", is appended to the last part of the domain name. Also, pieces of strings get a hyphen "-" at the point they were broken up; special characters get changed into things with @ signs, for example a period "." becomes "@pd", and a hyphen "-" becomes "@hy". For historic reasons (desire to work on the original non-extended version of the Apple HFS filesystem), the chunk size is actually a lot smaller.
    I just started mira and visited your two URLs to get them into its cache. The first one is saved into the file:

~/mira/cache/http/info/dnsd/bicyclesonthem-/oon/1190@h/index@pdhtm@

and the second one gets saved into:

~/mira/cache/http/info/dnsd/bicyclesonthem-/oon@h/1190/index@pdhtm@

The "@h", which only ever appears at the end of a directory name, identifies that directory as being the end of the hostname part of the URL. This eliminates the possibility of confusion or ambiguity.
    There are other ways it could be done too, for example I could keep the periods in the hostname and treat the hostname as a single thing. Then the hostname would be something like "bicyclesonthemoon@pddnsd@pdinfo", and this would be the name of the directory containing all the files from that host (or if really long, it would get broken up into chunks).
    I don't actually use this browser very often anymore. The main reason for caching everything is to be able to search that cache using a regular expression. However, Chromium has a cache search, and it's usually good enough for my purposes. I also have scripts that make it easy to search the full, unabridged browsing history (not just the recentmost visit for each URL, but every visit to a URL, and not just the last 3 months, but all the way back to 2010 when I started using Chrome). So now I use mira only when I wish to convert large amounts of HTML to plain text or RHTF.

Eternal Density wrote: ... (Apart from that one guy. (But he died. (He got better.)) ... ) ...

Oh yeah, that reminds me:
    Treeish Book of Mormon-South Park mashup (which (warning) is about as (dis-)respectful of religion as you'd expect from 'South Park'... :o )

AluisioASG wrote: [counting parentheses in all of a user's posts] ... Can someone else verify my findings?

I get "TypeError: undefined is not a function" from step 2, perhaps it requires having jQuery, or some other non-standard thing pre-loaded in the JavaScript console's runtime context. To address that, I've just altered my spoiler-opener script so that it works on search.php pages. It'd be nice to find a way to remove the guesswork from the step that removes smilies. BTW, I love your 'ϕ' shell prompt :D

ucim wrote: mrob27 - I may have found mustard in Lucky - I had noticed that when I start Lucky, sometimes the grid pattern jumps, as if it's not starting where I was. Watching closely I did catch it in the act this time. ...

Oh yes, I wasn't setting this.raptor_when to Date.now() (used to set the timeout for the next Lucky automove) making it try to do the first two moves in only 0.02 seconds. Here's what I can suggest:
  • Reload, wait until it downloads the update ("+U" after version number), reload again, then try your Luck(y).
  • Tell me what type of hardware, operating system and browser you are using. Include all details and/or version-numbers for each. Example: "Samsung Galaxy S III 4G LTE (dual-core 1.5 GHz Snapdragon S4) with Android 4.1.2, using built-in browser". Or another example: "iPhone 4S with iOS 6.1.3 and Atomic Web 7.0.1"
  • Open one tab/window to Q04B and open another to the import/export page. Import your saved game using the import page, then reload the Q04B page. Now click the Lucky icon, then click/tap the Q04B title, then immediately click/tap it again. This ought to make Lucky take exactly one move. Then go back to the import/export page and reload the page. This makes it update the game string in the export area. Post or send me both strings (before and after). We can use that to figure out if it really took just one move or sneakily took two.

btw, Cueless is molpish! I use it when I exalt the grid to merge some buried tiles, helping to ensure that the high order tiles are properly re-interred.

Thanks, that was the intent. As the chief priest of the Temple of Cuelessness, you should know :wink:

when Cueless is activated and used, it deactivates (as it should) but the message does not disappear; it merely continues the fade it started. Since the text and color is the same for all boosts, it can be misleading (a few times I clicked on "Lucky - go" when I meant to click on "Undo - go" (or even "Options...").

You're suffering from a couple of the problems with those messages. In order to avoid heresy (if not using Flutterbee), I want everything to be black and white or shades of gray. As you can see, the messages are hard to read. Having Wait for it. turned on can sometimes make the problem worse. There is a colour version for when Flutterbee is turned on, which is slightly better. I'm using HTML5 text-shadow property, but the major browsers refuse to render a high-contrast shadow regardless of the parameters.
    Because they're hard to read, I leave the messages up for a long time, usually a lot longer than it takes to read. Of course, I can't figure out if you're still trying to read a message, so I have to leave it up a long time. You can always Wait a little bit if you're trying to see the underlying tiles.
    In this particular case though, I wasn't following my own design guidelines. I've just made it display a confirmation "Cueless move taken."

ChronosDragon wrote: New OtherComic
Eminently OTTifiable — that's Megan and Cue in bed! About to get Lucky!

Of course, the sheets/blankets are there because stick figures need modesty... even though they look the same naked as clothed :D and they somehow seem a lot fatter when under the sheets.

... And @MistyCat setting a new record!
I may not recover from this, but at least I do have one of everything that matters. [image]
2:9303068:I:9303068:6:D93..FB420IC63.HE82.GD75.EC632DA520:63:31:1.36340,2.311,3.311,4.27,5.1

I played your game for a while. Seems pretty easy if you don't mind using some of the boost points you've amassed :wink:

Thank you for all the work on creating a full-featured mirror, @balthasar_s!

ucim wrote: And thanks mrob!

Whatever I did, I hope it didn't lead to any arrests :D

mrob27 Image

Edit2: Remove '.dnsd' inside ЯOЯЯIM link target
Last edited by mrob27 on Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:59 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:17 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:I get "TypeError: undefined is not a function" from step 2, perhaps it requires having jQuery, or some other non-standard thing pre-loaded in the JavaScript console's runtime context.

In Chrome and Firefox's dev console, it seems to be an alias for document.querySelectorAll.

mrob27 wrote:It'd be nice to find a way to remove the guesswork from the step that removes smilies.

Not hard. Most text smilies here I suppose are those the editor shows, so you have a fixed string set to work with.

mrob27 wrote:BTW, I love your 'ϕ' shell prompt :D

🐿
Selecting new quote…

HES

Postby HES » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:37 pm UTC

Rabtors chasing raptors is one of the cutest molpyactions I've seen. Didn't have a capturedevice with me, unfortunately.

Is that Rattmann you're sporting, CD?
He/Him/His Image

NoMouse

Postby NoMouse » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:47 pm UTC

Haven't noticed that we are already in 1989. Revolutions in Eastern Bloc countries started the process of dissolution of the Soviet Union and the end of the cold war.
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

BlitzGirl

Exclamation points!!!!

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:50 pm UTC

There seems to be a cliff-face or something on the left side of the SilentONGs!
Good luck on your date-shaped thing, ChronosDragon! Image
I've really enjoyed the story atop your posts, mrob!
Thanks so much for the new smiley, balthagifter! It's perfect!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HES

Postby HES » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:18 am UTC

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Molpy Charge!

ImageImage
Punishment

ImageImage
I haven't told u was redundant, yet!

ImageImage
Ch*rp, one of these is backwards
He/Him/His Image

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1284

Postby mscha » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:30 am UTC

COUNTONGHOUSE...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

AluisioASG

It even looks like HES' mocking BG.

Postby AluisioASG » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:31 am UTC

ImageImage
Selecting new quote…

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:35 am UTC

HES wrote:Rabtors chasing raptors is one of the cutest molpyactions I've seen. Didn't have a capturedevice with me, unfortunately.

Is that Rattmann you're sporting, CD?

// Does it feel like a trial?
// Does it trouble your mind the way you trouble mine?

HES

Postby HES » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:36 am UTC

Ahem.
ImageImage
Thanks lu!

Definitely a cliff there. I hope they're careful, I was at the coast a few nopix ago and there was an unmolpish collection of emergency services around one of the cliffs, seems someone had an unexpected meeting with gravity.
He/Him/His Image

ChronosDragon

Re: Time After Time: t1i-1284

Postby ChronosDragon » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:03 am UTC

HES wrote:Ahem.
ImageImage
Thanks lu!

Definitely a cliff there. I hope they're careful, I was at the coast a few nopix ago and there was an unmolpish collection of emergency services around one of the cliffs, seems someone had an unexpected meeting with gravity.

mscha

Time Revisited - np2182

Postby mscha » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:10 am UTC

OXTUNGUE...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:HELLO. MY NAME IS MINI-TWO-TONE. YOU WAITED FOR MY OTTER. PREPARE TO POST.

-- posted by oldpixbot

ChronosDragon

REMAIN MOUNTAINISH AND BLITZ DECREES

Postby ChronosDragon » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:18 am UTC

oldpixbot wrote:
AUTOMOME wrote:HELLO. MY NAME IS MINI-TWO-TONE. YOU WAITED FOR MY OTTER. PREPARE TO POST.

Holy Sandcastles...Oldpixbot has to be sentient. Or at least able to continue movie reference chains.

HES

Postby HES » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:25 am UTC

The bots have been sentient for mips. The only reason they haven't taken over the world yet is that they're following the first commandment.
He/Him/His Image

MistyCat

Postby MistyCat » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:57 am UTC

The latest "WhatIf" includes a link to 55words.

I like.
Purrr.
MistyCat wrote:Ch*rpedy ch*rp the ch*rpng ch*rp.

Waiting for Lucky

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:52 am UTC

Love that website. :)
Excellent smiley-story work by HES, and hamply-reversing by Aluisio!

Cuegan is at the cairn already...baobabs, Time is flying by.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1285

Postby mscha » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:30 am UTC

WINEGROWONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

HES

Postby HES » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:31 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Cuegan is at the cairn already...baobabs, Time is flying by.

It seems to be walking by, actually. Or floating, in the case of the after Time variety.
He/Him/His Image

AluisioASG

I can't rewrite, but I can write differently. After 'tis.

Postby AluisioASG » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:35 am UTC

What I am?
An human, just different. Inside and out.

Willingly. I accepted those changes willingly.
I didn't ask for them specifically. Except the last ones.
You just can't apply change upon change forever.

You say you come from an island southwest from here.
Would that be Île d'If? Someone I loved once bought it.
A deal that'd later crush his soul, he said.

He did it to protect friends of his. People he cared about.
Would your ancestors be one of them?
He was building something for you.

I need food. And a shower.
I'm not supposed to stay in the tank for that long.

Clothes? I don't need no stinking clothes. Just a hat.
Selecting new quote…

Eternal Density

THERE IS A HAMPLY IN MY BEARD, YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:14 am UTC

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

CHAAAAAARGE!

ChronosDragon wrote:Good news

I've finished with the school thing. There will be a party later and then I get about a week to myself. Will be OTTifying many things.

Except I maybe have a sort of date-shaped thing on Saturday. I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around the concept despite having seen a number of high school drama movies/shows where this exact thing happens. Life is different when you're the one living it and there's no script/laugh track.

Once a female treated me to seeing a film for my 21st birthday, but I don't think that was a date (and Happy Feet is a very silly movie). Especially since we had to rush to the shops first for some last minute pre-birthdayparty shopping. So yeah, I don't really get the concept either.
*shrugs*
*goes back to coding*
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”