1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

mscha

Time Revisited - np2515

Postby mscha » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:10 pm UTC

URGUNGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
Yay, Popebot! Bow for your robot overlord! Image Decree: ensure that every oldpix is UNGed, with optional OTTification or colorization. Also, check for previously undetected molpies.

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:IT'S POPES ALL THE WAY DOWN

-- posted by oldpixbot

ChronosDragon

The cycle continues

Postby ChronosDragon » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:50 pm UTC

(An old frame, but relevant to my introduction)

Good Evening, all. I trust you've managed your affairs quite well in my absence. I have been sufficiently preoccupied with the beginning of a business position, an excursion to the easterly coast of my fair country, and my own introspection to have entirely missed a total of twelve or thirteen pages of the thread in the past week and a half, notably including the climactic two-thousandth page. Consequently, my next few hours will be entirely devoted to the reunification of my personal frame of reference with the thread's ostensible present, as a combination of personal narrative and our colloquial "ketchup" styled responses. I fear that my writing style and text distribution will be sufficiently thick that few will read it in full, but at this point I have resigned myself to this eventuality and will merely do my best to mitigate its density with occasional text decorative effects.

Personal Context
Spoiler:
When last we spoke[1], I was just out of school for the beginning of the summer break. My spirits were lifting from my crisis of—well—whatever it was, and I'd been contemplating my next moves. Quoth Azule, "It's like driving a car...Now driving is scary and you don't want to fall asleep at the wheel, metaphorically and literally."[2] An apt metaphor, and one on which I have dwelt for some time, especially in consideration of towards where to continue. This, in tandem with other contemplations after my scheduled meeting with another human being (thanks for inquiring, Aluisio[3]), has occupied my mind quite a lot in recent days. Luckily, I was shortly engaged in much more useful efforts at my new internship, where I am learning about such fun concepts as MVVM, PHI, how to perform useful work on a VM, and which floor has the best-stocked refrigerators. After two days of this, my work was interrupted by a national conference which could not be skipped, as I had qualified in three different events at the state level. This conference was largely spent sleeping (in hotel rooms or during lengthy general sessions), battling other digital characters in a virtual arena as Charizard, and regretting the weather in Washington DC.

On OTTers and Interest—MistyCat
Spoiler:
Meanwhile in the thread, life continued as usual. Wipends slow down, OTTers are overly analytical, and life feels good. MistyCat gives us an interesting take on interest[4], regarding which I'd like to go into more detail. Usually, interest is compounded like so: A = P(1 + r/n)n•t where A is the total amount of money accumulated, P is the principal amount, r is the annual interest rate, n is the number of times compounded per year, and t is the time elapsed (in years). According to this model, interest compounded for n = { 1, 2, 12, 365, 31536000 } times per year on an account with $100 at a rate of 10% or 0.1, yields the following amounts after 1 year:

Code: Select all

n = 1 $110 n = 2 $110.25 n = 12 $110.47 n = 365 $110.52 n = 31536000 $110.52
As a matter of fact, as n approaches infinity, the interest equation approaches the continuous interest function: A = P•er•t, which yields just the same thing as large numbers for n. As you can see, the gains for using continuous interest over annually compounded interest are modest, but perhaps better for larger sums of money over larger periods of time (children or grandchildren of a millionaire whose accounts gave a continuously compounded 10% interest rate would find themselves billionaires a hundred years later—not accounting for inflation, of course—and twice as rich as if the account had been compounded annually).

A Few Noteworthy Points—jimbobmacdoodle, Mikrit, Patzer, Aluisio, macraw
Spoiler:
Continuing on, jimbobmacdoodle visited the sea, and he provided a lovely image of Britain's part of the Earth's crust passing out of direct illumination by the sunlight, which is at the time scattered by passing through more layers of air molecules than usual[5]. Mikrit revealed he has an adopted daughter[6], about which I am intrigued, for my younger sister is adopted (we were originally planning to adopt from China, but switched to Cambodia at the last minute). Shortly after, Patzer indicated he was born in 1998, making him approximately a year younger than I[7]. How interesting. Apparently this information was available in an Otherthread[8], but I wouldn't have seen it, given how I have not even had time for the One True thread in recent days. Aluisio's signature is complimented as the most cryptic[9] in response to the appearance of mine—if it's not to late, I'd point out to macraw that my changes were of a confused-introspective-comedic take, and that our regularly scheduled programming has returned. Perhaps with some slight differences.

On Cryptic Narrative—Aluisio
Spoiler:
In regards to Aluisio's story, mrob helpfully compounded the entries and revealed details in a more cohesive summary[10]; this struck me as being not unlike annotations on old texts, which can sometimes be as significant to the reading as the text itself. After much celebration for the two-thousandth newpage, Aluisio revealed some more context for the narrative[11]. I'm quite curious to see where this goes.

On Television and Childhood
Spoiler:
There was some discussion of childhood television memories, where TMNT and Thomas the Tank Engine are brought up—both shows I know quite well, but never really saw as a child. My parents did not really much encourage the watching of TV, but shows that stand out in my memory are Dexter's Laboratory, American Dragon Jake Long (though I was possibly exposed to this a bit later in age than the discussion covers), and Danny Phantom. On the subject of Thomas, however, I've seen quite a few episodes; my aunt and uncle put it on for my younger cousin quite often when they're around, as they have for the last 12 or so years—he has fairly extreme autism, so his interests don't change much.

Some Book Recommendations
Spoiler:
Then the conversation turned towards books[12], and I feel obligated to mention the coincidence that I've been reading a lot of Terry Pratchett recently on recommendation from somewhere in this thread. I'm also reading a book called Jonathon Strange and Mr. Norrell, about two English magicians during the Napoleonic Wars. It's told partly in the style of a historical account, partly in the style of a novel, and the voice is phenomenal—I'd swear that the author was actually from the mid 1800s, and not from the 2000s. And I can't bring up book recommendations without once again heartily suggesting the Temeraire novels for any fantasy/historical fiction fans or anyone who reads for fun.

On Personal Affairs and Relationships—BlueCrab, Aluisio
Spoiler:
And of course I couldn't get away so easily—BlueCrab repeated Aluisio's inquiry about my dateomorphic encounter[13], to which I now feel obligated to respond. It went pretty well, I think—she and I have similar personalities, and though our interests differ a bit I think they could complement each other pretty well. Thus far we're still on "getting to know each other" terms, but I think we both implicitly agreed to continue the relationship at a slow pace. And not to trust implicit agreements (too many have been known to morph quickly into the dreaded "assumption", and only cause issues for everyone), we will continue communication on Steam and arrange further coattendance at our next convenience.

On Canines and Ursidae—SBN
Spoiler:
I don't have much to say about the next couple of newpages, except in response to SBN's fear of bear fear troubles[14]—we have some bears in our neighborhood, and we're worried that our little dog (chihuaua/pomeranian/cocker spaniel/boston terrier/schanuzer mutt) will try to chase them down and get herself hurt, because as far as we know she literallyproper usage has no fear; she often tries to take down dogs that are 3 times her size. Come to think of it, though, she actually looks a bit like a bear cub—maybe the bear would be confused and try to adopt her.

And as I hit the end of newpage 2007, I achieve copresence in the current temporal manifold with the rest of the thread, and all is well once more. I am happy to have had the pleasure of this ketchup session, and would quite enjoy doing so again another time—indeed, I might go so far as to give it an A++. Out of 10. Would ketchup again. Until then, my dear OTTers, I shall accompany you all on your adventures in the present time.
Warmest regards,

Citations

HES

Temporarily Confusing Temporal Shenanigans

Postby HES » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:56 pm UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:Unintentionally Goated sounds like an OTTer band album

The follow up to Temporal Shenanigans.

Glad to hear your date-shaped-thing was custardful!
He/Him/His Image

Link

Re: Time Revisited - np2515

Postby Link » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:02 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
AUTOMOME wrote:IT'S POPES ALL THE WAY DOWN

-- posted by oldpixbot

Does that mean everyone gets to post a decree on this newpage? If so, treeish!

@ChronosDragon: welcome back. Sounds like you had quite a molpish Time Outside.

ergman

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ergman » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:41 pm UTC

CD, that might have been one of my favorite regular posts ever. Mundane and yet majestic. congrats on your datey thingy, and good choice of project M character!
Good Evening.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:25 am UTC

ergman wrote:CD, that might have been one of my favorite regular posts ever. Mundane and yet majestic. congrats on your datey thingy, and good choice of project M character!
Good Evening.

To be honest, Charizard is a bit OP comparatively speaking. But it was okay, because I'm not a very seasoned Brawl or Project-M player, and I was playing against more experienced competitors. I also brawled a bit with R.O.B. and King Dedede and tried out a few others, but recovery can be quite difficult depending on the character.

And man, ch*irpin' Kirby. Or at least, the way one of the competitors was playing him—waiting next to the edge until someone came over, then attempting to suck them up and eject them into the abyss. Same went for Yoshi, but Kirby did it more.

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1368

Postby mscha » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:30 am UTC

ONGLESITES...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

ergman

Postby ergman » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:05 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:
ergman wrote:CD, that might have been one of my favorite regular posts ever. Mundane and yet majestic. congrats on your datey thingy, and good choice of project M character!
Good Evening.

To be honest, Charizard is a bit OP comparatively speaking. But it was okay, because I'm not a very seasoned Brawl or Project-M player, and I was playing against more experienced competitors. I also brawled a bit with R.O.B. and King Dedede and tried out a few others, but recovery can be quite difficult depending on the character.

And man, ch*irpin' Kirby. Or at least, the way one of the competitors was playing him—waiting next to the edge until someone came over, then attempting to suck them up and eject them into the abyss. Same went for Yoshi, but Kirby did it more.

Huh. upon looking up the tiers, Charizard is mid, as is ROB, my favorite. There was going to be something related, but I don't remember what. uh... cueball mii for smash 4!
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

AluisioASG

Replies to ChronosDragon

Postby AluisioASG » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:14 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:Aluisio's signature is complimented as the most cryptic in response to the appearance of mine

[assuming I'm interpreting this correctly] I hate to disappoint people, but it wasn't because of yours ― I was avatar- and signature-less by the time the story began. I couldn't have an avatar per chapter, but I could have a signature for each one.

ChronosDragon wrote:I'm quite curious to see where this goes.

Unfortunately that'll take some time, as 1) an alternative future has appeared to me, and I have to evaluate how it interferes with the distant future; 2) having included myself in the story, I have to make sure it doesn't become a story about me; and 3) I'm having lots of fun in the near-future with AFC.

On the subject of childhood shows: Teletubbies and SpongeBob SquarePants (broadcast TV), GhostBusters and MIB and something spacey with giant bugs when at grandpa's home (broadcast satellite), and most important:

ChronosDragon wrote:Image

Ah, I see you've got yourself a signature. I still struggle with mine, and each time I sign something it comes out differently.

ChronosDragon wrote:Kirby

Oh man, I remember playing that with Michael. I used to play as King Dedede.

Now if you excuse me, I have to find a new ROM to flash in my Cooper.

EXTCOM SHUTDOWN INITIATED
ACCESS TERMINATES IN :03… :02… :01… :0
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Randallspeed on your blitz, january1may! Save the Present!

ChronosDragon

Re: Replies to ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:39 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:Now if you excuse me, I have to find a new ROM to flash in my Cooper.

I wouldn't recommend modding your car's onboard computer; those open source self-driving AIs aren't as well tested as the closed-source ones, even though they can do wheelies and rev menacingly.

Oh wait, 2014. Uh, just make sure your modded ROM has good sound drivers for your music.

mscha

Time Revisited - np2520

Postby mscha » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:10 am UTC

WAITUNGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:I'VE GOT A JAR OF SILENTONGS! I'VE GOT A JAR OF SILENTONGS! AND GUESS WHAT'S INSIDE IT!

-- posted by oldpixbot

BlueCrab

Postby BlueCrab » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:15 am UTC

ucim wrote: Let's celebrate the nerdy way! (That means the girls are topless, but we don't notice. :)
1) I vote for the ‘play D&D’ and then ‘explode things with the Mythbusters’ kind of party! 2) Ack! Jose, you did it again! ) There, all fixed now.

taixzo wrote:I guess I've joined the second party then by default.
Neat, c'mon in - we have a spare set of dice here somewhere! Have a Mountain Dew Code Red. The Pepsi for the Mythbusters gig is over there; don't eat all the Mentos, they're for that, too! Oh - you have to make your own seat out of duct tape or frozen newspapers, that's all outside in the Lucky shed...

Neat2000ONG, Hairy Fat Daddy! (That sounds very New Orleans/Mardi Gras to me. :D)
I love your party hat, jimbobmacdoodle!

kalira wrote:Catch you on the other side, OTTers!
A new (re)Blitzer! Welcome, kalira!

mrob wrote: Someone who knows a right-to-left language (like Hebrew or Arabic) might enjoy making a sentence that makes sense in both languages, and where each of the two languages seems to be at the beginning of the sentence.
Wow, would that ever be Neat! I know layered word play is done with Japanese (and Chinese?), does anymolpy know a right-to-left language?

ucim wrote:
HES wrote:New OtherComic, which means it isn't UserSubmissionDay like I thought. Problematic.

... and the "Updates Monday, Wednesday, and Friday" is now missing from the home page.
Must not panic. Must not panic! There was an OtherComic on Fridip, and a new one yesterdip (today's Tuesdip). IF THERE ISN'T A NEW OTHERCOMIC TOMMORIP I'M GOING TO PANIC (update Wednesdip night before posting: not panicking yet)

AUTOMOME wrote:I HAVE REPORTED YOU TO BUNNY FOR STEALING NEWPICES AS IT IS A CRIME
Why is it always Bunny who gets reported to? Is xe the Enforcer of the Forty?

ggh wrote:
azule wrote:The first party is where all the girls get drunk and topless. The second one is where all the nerds play D&D and enjoy the night with friends. Choose wisely.

To me, the OTT is both parties. I'm here, enjoying the night with friends, and most of the time I'm drunk and topless.
Literally :azule:ing here :D
Update!(Possible TMI)
Spoiler:
ggh wrote:... it's just not the definition of "drunk" you were thinking it was.
Organized sand is a godsend for nursing mothers! In the long-ago, all you could do was read or watch TV with no sound. :| Now you can also go online, if you're reasonably ambidextrous! (Yes, one does spend a lot of nursing time staring into the babbie's eyes, stroking their silken skin, marveling at their tiny selves. But the baby gets bored before you do, if the mutual adoration goes on too long. At some point, you've got to do something to stay awake, even if it means screwing up your solitaire stats.)

Re Raiders of the Lost Ark
moody wrote:Spoiler alert: In the current revision, the sword guy has a gun he shoots at Indy before Indy shoots him.
:shock: What?! But that takes all of the impact away! I am disappoint.

Aluisio wrote:
ucim wrote:You have a replacement for your penis? I'm not sure I want to know about this.

No I don't. But I've never had one to begin with.
...and now I am confuse?

mrob wrote:INSTANT MOLPYSNAKE, JUST ADD RICE
Yes, I am definitely now confuse.

Maybe my brain is melting from the heat and humidity? It's Rand-ch*rping hot out here. Sorry, vvn - it's supposed to cool down (relatively, anyway) for a dip or two, then go right back to disgusting just in Time for your next journey out this way. :roll: Don't it just figure?

TheMinim wrote:Corinne's birthyippage is definitely NP2013.
Ah, a few more np to go then. :D

Soup wrote:
BlueCrab wrote:Hmm. Is OTTish different with a Swedish accent?

"Hurgen, yurgen, fyurgen, grapevine."

"Molpy, molpy, molpy, bork!"

Spoiler:
Yes, I've heard people say that's closer to Danish. I don't know anything about either.
All I know is that the Swedish Chef used spring chickens; I always assumed that was because spring chickens would bounce when he dropped them. :lol:
Wiki Wiki Wiki Wiki Grapevine, Grapevine

"Kvetcher-upper" -- one who complains while ketchupping? - CasCat

“Pretty much everything tastes better if you eat it in the shower.” - ggh

ChronosDragon

THIS IS YOUR BRAIN ON MUSTARD

Postby ChronosDragon » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:26 am UTC

If anyone (Blitzing, probably) has noticed that the old newpix-o-meters have gone down, don't worry. I recently moved most of my site to an Amazon server in the cloud and the parts that weren't moved are inaccessible for some reason (something to do with the way apache handles routing based on subdomain names, or something along those lines). I'm working on recreating the clock drawing functions in the node.js wrapper for gd, and will have them probably ready some time tomorrow.

ETA: v1 is done.

ETA2: Aaaand v2.

Hmm. The volume of requests from this forum might be more than my t1.micro server can handle. If someone knows about cheap node.js hosting, can you PM me?
Last edited by ChronosDragon on Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:14 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1369

Postby mscha » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:30 am UTC

BACKSTABBONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

ucim

Postby ucim » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:38 am UTC

Welcome back ChronosDragon! Sounds like you had some molpish custard in the Outside. I'm not sure if that's heresy or not, but I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

BlueCrab wrote:1) I vote for the ‘play D&D’ and then ‘explode things with the Mythbusters’ kind of party! 2) Ack! Jose, you did it again! ) There, all fixed now.
Um....
1(
2(
(You think you could just slip that by?

Whoa! Cueball speaks Beanish!

"island"? "home"? "we are here"?

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Please help addams if you can. She needs all of us.

azule
Saved

BlindPost NP2006

Postby azule » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:51 am UTC

ggh - I really like your tintpix. Very subtle, but also, it feels like that's how it'd look in color. Probably due to magic. (It would be umbrellaish to tell me your secrets so that I might include them in my own nighttimecolpix.)

ggh:
Spoiler:
Are you kidding me?! That's, like, real life. Like, possible. That would be...neat.

gg...h. I think this might be your NP. *cough* anyways, "Did you know hamplies are illegal in New Zealand?" - "You wouldn't steal a car! You wouldn't own a hamply!" (This is those movie stealing warning meme thingie thing.)

oldpixbot - Nice animated UNGing on the meteor frames!

Aluisio "Did you, by any chance, forgot a ‘ch’ in there?" - If I did, I've forgotten about it.

tresoldi wrote:As usual, you seem to be right.
tresoldi! I didn't think I'd be hearing from you so soon. Welcome back, basementee/lurker! Thanks for backing up my finding. :)

BlueCrab - Nice Thus... tangent!

ED "I don't think that's how mating actually works." - Y'all do know that I was joking, yes? I was trying to justify my millenial celebration comment by finding something true about NP2000's happenings. That's as close as I could get. And yes, I know that's now how mating works. (But then why do they try?) :P

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

BlueCrab

Postby BlueCrab » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:56 am UTC

Mobile-friendly What-If!
Paraphrase of what I wrote:morobu-san? Since you have pretty much the same phone as me would you walk me through installing this?

mrob27, hereafter known as Guider of Crabs, wrote:It turns out that my script was based on a bookmarklet (JavaScript in a bookmark) and bookmarklets work in iOS Safari! So, without further ado, the steps:
Select and copy the collowing text: <snippage of clear, detailed steps on how to install mrob's mobile What-If ALT text revealer> [*]Celebrate! Image Image
Celebrating, aye! ImageImage And it only took me two tries!!
Wiki Wiki Wiki Wiki Grapevine, Grapevine

"Kvetcher-upper" -- one who complains while ketchupping? - CasCat

“Pretty much everything tastes better if you eat it in the shower.” - ggh

ChronosDragon

VATICAN MILLINER'S PERFECT CUSTOMERS ARE THE NEW WOWTERFALLS

Postby ChronosDragon » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:07 am UTC

Sweet, thanks to Aluisio, my newpix-O-meter is now hosted on openshift.com, which seems to be a really great service.

Consequently, the Newpix-O-Meter is now Open Source! You can view my current progress at the Github page. I've only recreated v1 and v2 as of yet, but v3, v4, and vDigital will be going up shortly.

BlitzGirl

Maybe he's learned some more now.

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:18 am UTC

Working on some ketchup, but briefly:
ucim wrote:
Spoiler:
Whoa! Cueball speaks Beanish!

"island"? "home"? "we are here"?

That's the only Beanish word he knows. "Water." Probably.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mrob27

CUEGAN IS SCHIZOBLITZING A MYSTERYONG

Postby mrob27 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:13 am UTC

第二十章

(chapter 19)

Morobu walks up to the shore and checks the water just to be sure. Pfffth!. Yup, it's salty.
    A salt lake in the crater of Mt. Fuji? But there ought to be snow this time of year! Then he sees a large container ship on the horizon. No, this water is big. I've found the sea, all right. It has been only three days since he stepped out of the raptorcatbus, and Morobu knows that the only sea close enough to reach by foot in that time is the northeast shore of Suruga Bay between 富士市, (Fuji City) and Izu.
    Morobu is at wit's end. I've been going up the whole time! He doesn't want to break the rules, but nothing here makes sense. Looking down at the water, he calls out (to nobody in particular). "I can't climb the sea ... but if I don't figure this out, I'll have to give up my quest!"
    Now he notices, in the shallow water to his right, a blue heikegani. She pops her eye-stalks up, sees Morobu, and scuttles out onto the sand.
    The little crab speaks. "May I help you?"
    Kneeling and bowing, Morobu speaks to her. "おはよう. Thank you, but I'm not sure if you should. My name is 守炉部二十七, and I am a Searchfu pilgrim. What is your name, little blue crab?"
    The little crab smiles, and somehow manages a bow. "Ah, it is BlueCrab. Easy, huh?"

AluisioASG wrote:
mrob27 wrote: It's odd loving a sport wherein a nil-nil draw is considered an admirable achievement...

Which sport would that be?

I don't know. I'm from that country where they don't seem to be able to remember what the sport is called. (But I think my point about watching them kick the ball around for 1 1/2 nopix and still have no score was pretty well illustrated by the two great matches on TuesdayH (and I also like @HES's clever response :) ) )

ChronosDragon wrote: On Cryptic Narrative—Aluisio
Spoiler:
In regards to Aluisio's story, mrob helpfully compounded the entries and revealed details in a more cohesive summary[10]; this struck me as being not unlike annotations on old texts, which can sometimes be as significant to the reading as the text itself.

I'd say my list of links is useful, but my summary of the story is probably not...

@BlueCrab, I hope it's okay that I made you into a Japanese Samurai crab, and glad to hear Image the ALT text revealer bookmarklet is working!
Last edited by mrob27 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:06 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

ChronosDragon

_PRICKLYMOLPS 2: ELECTRIC BAGALOO_

Postby ChronosDragon » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:26 am UTC

Newpix-O-Meter v3 is fully ported! [FutureSwipe: no longer at that URL]

v4 soon to come. Porting isn't hard, just annoying—gotta rename all my functions to use the form img.function(args) instead of imagefunction(img, args)
Last edited by ChronosDragon on Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:13 am UTC, edited 3 times in total.

Eternal Density

Y'ALL GOT ANY MORE OF THEM POLARBEARAPTORMOLP PUNS?

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:32 am UTC

slinches wrote:There's a very heretical new what-if.

It might explain the massive drop in population, but how could there ever be another Zanclean flood after that?

In footnote 2, I'm curious as to what 'Not Quite a Coincidence' means. Probably the song VHF are currently recording.

Treeish post, ChronosDragon!

ChronosDragon

I CH*RPING LOVE MOLPYSNAKES

Postby ChronosDragon » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:57 am UTC

Aaand v4 is ported. http://clock.chronal.net/v4

Ah yes. This is the one I created that was generated when Time *nded, so the countdown is a bit off. Actually more like a lot off. Maybe I'll parameterize it for later use. Anyway, on to v5!....tomorrow, it's pretty late. Molpy down!
Last edited by ChronosDragon on Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:13 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

mscha

Time Revisited - np2525

Postby mscha » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:10 am UTC

OUTRUNG...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:I HAVE REPORTED YOU TO HEADBAND FOR STEALING HERESY AS IT IS A CRIME

-- posted by oldpixbot

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1370

Postby mscha » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:30 am UTC

ZIPONGU...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:03 am UTC

Will the next what if be "what if I adopted a puppy?"?
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:25 am UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:Will the next what if be "what if I adopted a puppy?"?
What if everyone adopted a puppy. At the same time.

I looked into my OTT-RELATED directory in my most common timeaccesor. It's big.

Code: Select all

OTT
|   0.png
|   2.jpg
|   2a.PNG
|   2balts.JPG
|   2balts.PNG
|   3kV.PNG
|   3sh.PNG
|   403.png
|   403y.PNG
|   722.png
|   9.PNG
|   99panther.png
|   aotcH2.jpg
|   aotcH3.jpg
|   astrocub-notanimated-flashygif.PNG
|   ba5ZL.JPG
|   beansym.bmp
|   beantel.jpg
|   beantel.png
|   beesnake.png
|   bike.JPG
|   blindposter.user.js
|   Blitznotes.txt
|   blitztb.JPG
|   blue.png
|   bluehat.png
|   bothasar_t.txt
|   botmlogo.png
|   botmlogo2.PNG
|   botmlogo3.png
|   bs2.PNG
|   castraftle.png
|   chirp.png
|   cienias.PNG
|   click.PNG
|   contraption.JPG
|   crop.JPG
|   drzwi.JPG
|   dunejump.gif
|   dunejump.png
|   enhance.JPG
|   eu07.PNG
|   Explodey.PNG
|   f1rst.JPG
|   fail.PNG
|   fail2.PNG
|   first.png
|   ftd.gif
|   ftfy.PNG
|   fullstop.png
|   gif.png
|   globalwater.PNG
|   gv.png
|   hattage1.PNG
|   hattage2.PNG
|   hbar.JPG
|   helfern.PNG
|   helfern2.PNG
|   hide.PNG
|   HOW.JPG
|   imfive.PNG
|   imfive1.bmp
|   imfive1.PNG
|   iminotc.PNG
|   iminotcr.PNG
|   impope.PNG
|   imredun.PNG
|   in09.JPG
|   Inop.png
|   intp.JPG
|   invi.PNG
|   kasirower.PNG
|   keyboa.bmp
|   keyboa.JPG
|   krzaczor.PNG
|   kwiatek.PNG
|   literallynewpixbot.PNG
|   little.JPG
|   maaaaaaps.PNG
|   maniaks.PNG
|   mnjp.PNG
|   molpy on over.PNG
|   mpb403.PNG
|   mrlt.jpg
|   mustard.PNG
|   mustard4.PNG
|   newhat.JPG
|   newpixbot.PNG
|   nh.png
|   ninjad.avi
|   no-tinytext.user.js
|   noes.PNG
|   notblitznotes.txt
|   npb403.PNG
|   npbott.JPG
|   ognisko.PNG
|   OPA.PNG
|   otf.ttf
|   ottified.png
|   ottimetr.JPG
|   ottimetr.png
|   OTTSCARS.txt
|   OTTSCARS2.txt
|   pagelinks.PNG
|   patyki.PNG
|   perfect.JPG
|   phonesaw.jpg
|   pinkprickly.png
|   polibuda.JPG
|   portal.jpg
|   present.PNG
|   profesor.PNG
|   ptaki.PNG
|   ptakrólik.PNG
|   quotemustard.PNG
|   rdmnk.PNG
|   recursionbike.JPG
|   recursionbike2.JPG
|   redhd.PNG
|   redun.PNG
|   redun1.PNG
|   redun2.PNG
|   redunboard.JPG
|   redunbook.JPG
|   redunbot.PNG
|   reduncause.PNG
|   redunn.pdf
|   retr1.PNG
|   ribbit.PNG
|   riveer.JPG
|   river.JPG
|   rk1.PNG
|   rk2.PNG
|   rower.PNG
|   rsphd.PNG
|   runhd.PNG
|   runscisors.PNG
|   sealevel.png
|   sealevel2.PNG
|   shipment.JPG
|   sig.PNG
|   sig3.PNG
|   skcl.gif
|   skreen.PNG
|   smokwawelski.PNG
|   switch.JPG
|   te1.png
|   te2.png
|   te3.PNG
|   TG.JPG
|   timeflip.PNG
|   timeportal.jpg
|   toldU.png
|   treebucketintospace.png
|   treegan.PNG
|   treegan2.PNG
|   usd.txt
|   V-543.jpg
|   what.bmp
|   wheel.JPG
|   wheel.PNG
|   wtyczka.PNG
|   xuys.PNG
|   xuys2.PNG
|   YUNO.JPG
|   yyyyyb.txt
|   zombag.png
|   
+---avatar
|       0.bmp
|       1.bmp
|       2.bmp
|       3.bmp
|       90.png
|       a250.PNG
|       a480.bmp
|       a5.gif
|       a50.bmp
|       a50.PNG
|       av10.gif
|       av5.gif
|       av7.gif
|       av8.gif
|       av9.gif
|       avlocked.png
|       avSpoiler.png
|       b100.PNG
|       b150.PNG
|       b200.PNG
|       b300.PNG
|       Bagcycles.PNG
|       bagvatar.gif
|       bagwhat.PNG
|       balthasar_b.png
|       balthasar_g.png
|       balthasar_hatted.png
|       balthasar_hatted_thumb.png
|       balthasar_r.png
|       Balthasar_s.png
|       balticsea.PNG
|       banana0.PNG
|       banana1.png
|       banana2.png
|       banana3.PNG
|       banavatar.gif
|       BicyclesOnTheMoon.png
|       blitz.gif
|       blitz.png
|       blitz2.png
|       blitz3.PNG
|       blitzbagin.PNG
|       BlitzBike.png
|       botm.png
|       botm.xcf
|       botm0.png
|       botm1.png
|       botm2.png
|       botm3.png
|       botm4.png
|       colorfull.JPG
|       drawception.png
|       dstd.png
|       f1.bmp
|       f2.bmp
|       f3.bmp
|       f4.bmp
|       f5.bmp
|       frame1.PNG
|       frame2.PNG
|       frame3.PNG
|       frame4.PNG
|       frame5.PNG
|       hat-resized-2.PNG
|       hat-resized-3.PNG
|       hat-resized-4.PNG
|       hat-resized-5.PNG
|       hat-resized.PNG
|       HOW.JPG
|       ht200.png
|       ht250.png
|       ht300.png
|       ht570.png
|       index.jpeg
|       logo.GIF
|       mp1.PNG
|       mp2.PNG
|       mp3.PNG
|       mp4.PNG
|       nocolor.JPG
|       nvtl.PNG
|       SPACEBAG.PNG
|       test.PNG
|       test2.PNG
|       wfi.PNG
|       
+---blitzpost
|       1800.PNG
|       DSCF8679.AVI
|       DSCF8683.AVI
|       DSCF8684.AVI
|       DSCF8685.AVI
|       DSCF8686.AVI
|       DSCF8687.AVI
|       DSCF8688.AVI
|       DSCF8689.AVI
|       DSCF8698.JPG
|       DSCF8701.JPG
|       DSCF8702.AVI
|       DSCF8703.AVI
|       DSCF8705.AVI
|       DSCF8708.AVI
|       DSCF8710.AVI
|       DSCF8711.AVI
|       DSCF8713.AVI
|       DSCF8714.AVI
|       DSCF8715.AVI
|       DSCF8716.AVI
|       DSCF8717.AVI
|       DSCF8719.AVI
|       DSCF8720.AVI
|       DSCF8721.AVI
|       DSCF8722.AVI
|       DSCF8766.JPG
|       DSCF8813.AVI
|       DSCF8814.AVI
|       DSCF8815.AVI
|       DSCF8816.AVI
|       DSCF8817.AVI
|       DSCF8845.AVI
|       DSCF8848.AVI
|       DSCF8850.AVI
|       DSCF8851.AVI
|       DSCF8853.AVI
|       DSCF8855.AVI
|       DSCF8857.AVI
|       DSCF8860.AVI
|       DSCF8863.AVI
|       DSCF8864.AVI
|       DSCF8865.AVI
|       DSCF8866.AVI
|       DSCF8867.AVI
|       DSCF8870.AVI
|       DSCF8871.AVI
|       
+---bothasar
|       botcastle.jpg
|       botcastle1.JPG
|       bothasar-big.PNG
|       bothasar-small.PNG
|       bothasar.gif
|       bothasar.JPG
|       bothasar.xcf
|       bothasar1.xcf
|       bothasar_1.jpg
|       bothasar_2.jpg
|       bothasar_p.JPG
|       bothasar_t.JPG
|       bothasar_t2.JPG
|       bothasar_t_2.JPG
|       bothasat_t_3.JPG
|       bottp.xcf
|       mopeybot.JPG
|       redunbot.jpg
|       
+---braaainslugs
|       enhance.gif
|       enhance.xcf
|       m1.bmp
|       m2.bmp
|       m27av.bmp
|       m3.bmp
|       m4.bmp
|       m5.bmp
|       m6.bmp
|       m7.bmp
|       m8.bmp
|       m9.bmp
|       multizoom.xcf
|       mwrld.bmp
|       n0.BMP
|       n1.BMP
|       n2.BMP
|       n3.BMP
|       n4.BMP
|       n5.BMP
|       n6.BMP
|       n7.BMP
|       n8.BMP
|       n9.BMP
|       nA.BMP
|       p1.bmp
|       p2.bmp
|       p3.bmp
|       p4.bmp
|       s0.bmp
|       slug.gif
|       
+---bsh
|       BSH10.JPG
|       BSH11.JPG
|       BSH12.JPG
|       BSH13.JPG
|       BSH14.JPG
|       BSH15.JPG
|       BSH3.jpg
|       BSH5.jpg
|       BSH6.JPG
|       BSH7.JPG
|       BSH8.JPG
|       BSH9.jpg
|       
+---COLOR
|       color4.JPG
|       color5.JPG
|       color6.PNG
|       cut.bmp
|       hires.JPG
|       hires.PNG
|       lores.bmp
|       lores.PNG
|       
+---foto
|   |   DSCF7988.JPG
|   |   DSCF7989.JPG
|   |   DSCF7990.JPG
|   |   DSCF7991.JPG
|   |   DSCF7992.JPG
|   |   DSCF7993.JPG
|   |   DSCF8082.JPG
|   |   DSCF8196.JPG
|   |   DSCF8197.JPG
|   |   DSCF8198.JPG
|   |   DSCF8199.JPG
|   |   DSCF8200.JPG
|   |   DSCF8201.JPG
|   |   DSCF8202.JPG
|   |   DSCF8245.JPG
|   |   DSCF8246.JPG
|   |   DSCF8247.JPG
|   |   DSCF8248.JPG
|   |   DSCF8249.JPG
|   |   DSCF8250.JPG
|   |   DSCF8252.JPG
|   |   DSCF8254.JPG
|   |   DSCF8256.JPG
|   |   DSCF8258.JPG
|   |   DSCF8259.JPG
|   |   DSCF8260.JPG
|   |   DSCF8291.JPG
|   |   DSCF8299.JPG
|   |   DSCF8316.JPG
|   |   DSCF8318.JPG
|   |   DSCF8319.JPG
|   |   DSCF8327.JPG
|   |   DSCF8330.JPG
|   |   DSCF8339.JPG
|   |   DSCF8493.JPG
|   |   DSCF8494.JPG
|   |   DSCF8495.JPG
|   |   DSCF8496.JPG
|   |   DSCF8497.JPG
|   |   DSCF8498.JPG
|   |   DSCF8500.JPG
|   |   DSCF8501.JPG
|   |   DSCF8502.JPG
|   |   DSCF8503.JPG
|   |   DSCF8504.JPG
|   |   DSCF8505.JPG
|   |   DSCF8506.JPG
|   |   DSCF8507.JPG
|   |   DSCF8508.JPG
|   |   DSCF8509.JPG
|   |   DSCF8510.JPG
|   |   DSCF8511.JPG
|   |   DSCF8512.JPG
|   |   DSCF8513.JPG
|   |   DSCF8514.JPG
|   |   DSCF8556.JPG
|   |   DSCF8557.JPG
|   |   DSCF8558.JPG
|   |   DSCF8559.JPG
|   |   DSCF8560.JPG
|   |   DSCF8561.JPG
|   |   DSCF8562.JPG
|   |   DSCF8723.JPG
|   |   DSCF8724.JPG
|   |   DSCF8725.JPG
|   |   DSCF8726.JPG
|   |   DSCF8727.JPG
|   |   DSCF8728.JPG
|   |   DSCF8729.JPG
|   |   DSCF8730.JPG
|   |   DSCF8731.JPG
|   |   DSCF8733.JPG
|   |   DSCF8734.JPG
|   |   DSCF8735.JPG
|   |   DSCF8736.AVI
|   |   DSCF8737.JPG
|   |   DSCF8738.JPG
|   |   DSCF8739.JPG
|   |   DSCF8740.JPG
|   |   DSCF8741.JPG
|   |   DSCF8742.JPG
|   |   DSCF8743.JPG
|   |   DSCF8744.JPG
|   |   DSCF8745.JPG
|   |   DSCF8746.JPG
|   |   DSCF8747.JPG
|   |   DSCF8748.JPG
|   |   J4100001.JPG
|   |   J4100002.JPG
|   |   J4100003.JPG
|   |   J4100004.JPG
|   |   J4100005.JPG
|   |   J4100006.JPG
|   |   J4100007.JPG
|   |   J4100008.JPG
|   |   J4100009.JPG
|   |   J4100010.JPG
|   |   J4100011.JPG
|   |   J4100012.JPG
|   |   J4100013.JPG
|   |   J4100015.JPG
|   |   J4100016.JPG
|   |   J4100017.JPG
|   |   J4100018.JPG
|   |   J4100019.JPG
|   |   J4100020.JPG
|   |   J4100023.JPG
|   |   J4100024.JPG
|   |   J4100025.JPG
|   |   sandcastle.JPG
|   |   yarg021.bmp
|   |   yarg022.bmp
|   |   yarg023.bmp
|   |   yarg024.bmp
|   |   yarg028.bmp
|   |   yarg029.bmp
|   |   
|   +---PC
|   |   |   J4100001.JPG
|   |   |   J4100002.JPG
|   |   |   J4100003.JPG
|   |   |   J4100004.JPG
|   |   |   J4100005.JPG
|   |   |   J4100006.JPG
|   |   |   J4100007.JPG
|   |   |   J4100008.JPG
|   |   |   J4100009.JPG
|   |   |   J4100010.JPG
|   |   |   J4100011.JPG
|   |   |   J4100012.JPG
|   |   |   J4100013.JPG
|   |   |   J4100014.JPG
|   |   |   J4100015.JPG
|   |   |   J4100016.JPG
|   |   |   J4100017.JPG
|   |   |   J4100018.JPG
|   |   |   J4100019.JPG
|   |   |   
|   |   \---2
|   |           J4100001.JPG
|   |           J4100002.JPG
|   |           J4100003.JPG
|   |           J4100004.JPG
|   |           J4100005.JPG
|   |           J4100006.JPG
|   |           J4100007.JPG
|   |           J4100008.JPG
|   |           J4100009.JPG
|   |           
|   \---s
|           DSCF8830.JPG
|           DSCF8833.JPG
|           DSCF8834.JPG
|           DSCF8835.JPG
|           DSCF8836.JPG
|           DSCF8837.JPG
|           DSCF8838.JPG
|           DSCF8839.JPG
|           DSCF8840.JPG
|           DSCF8841.JPG
|           
+---fractal
|       F0.PNG
|       F1.PNG
|       F2.PNG
|       F3.PNG
|       F4.PNG
|       F5.PNG
|       F6.PNG
|       F7.PNG
|       F8.PNG
|       F9.PNG
|       m1.PNG
|       m10.PNG
|       m11.PNG
|       m12.PNG
|       m2.PNG
|       m3.PNG
|       m4.PNG
|       m5.PNG
|       m6.PNG
|       m7.PNG
|       m8.PNG
|       m9.PNG
|       n1.PNG
|       n10.PNG
|       n11.PNG
|       n12.PNG
|       n2.PNG
|       n3.PNG
|       n4.PNG
|       n5.PNG
|       n6.PNG
|       n7.PNG
|       n8.PNG
|       n9.PNG
|       np0.PNG
|       np1.PNG
|       np2.PNG
|       np3.PNG
|       np4.PNG
|       NPB.GIF
|       tower.bmp
|       tower.GIF
|       towerer.bmp
|       w1.bmp
|       w2.bmp
|       w3.bmp
|       w4.bmp
|       w5.bmp
|       w6.bmp
|       w7.bmp
|       w8.bmp
|       
+---mrobsniped
|       256.bmp
|       base.bmp
|       diag.bmp
|       frame1.png
|       frame2.png
|       frame3.png
|       frame4.png
|       hacked.PNG
|       mrcl.gif
|       mrcl.xcf
|       ongback.PNG
|       ongscreen1.png
|       tele1.PNG
|       text.PNG
|       
+---ONGthemoon
|       0_.PNG
|       1_.PNG
|       2_.PNG
|       3_.PNG
|       4_.PNG
|       5_.PNG
|       6_.PNG
|       8_.png
|       BFTF-0.png
|       BFTF-1.png
|       kolory.png
|       ong1.PNG
|       ong2.png
|       ong4.PNG
|       ong5.PNG
|       ong6.PNG
|       skan00.bmp
|       skan01.bmp
|       skan02.bmp
|       skan03.bmp
|       skan04.bmp
|       skan05.bmp
|       skan06.bmp
|       skan07.bmp
|       skan08.bmp
|       skan09.bmp
|       skan34.bmp
|       skan45.bmp
|       _9.bmp
|       _9.PNG
|       
+---OTThers
|       anh.JPG
|       bgenh.PNG
|       catch_balloon.png
|       coughtardis.gif
|       enhSP.PNG
|       ggh3001.png
|       gghredun.png
|       gghright.png
|       H_M_OTT1.png
|       H_M_OTT1.xcf
|       justhink.png
|       karh-if.PNG
|       karh.png
|       lmjb.PNG
|       lmjbpunsaw.gif
|       lmjbrunsaw-fixed.gif
|       lmjbrunsaw.gif
|       mrobenhd27.PNG
|       noes.PNG
|       punsaw_smiley.gif
|       redun-blitzgan.png
|       reduncough.png
|       rhombo.PNG
|       runbg.gif
|       seethe.png
|       seventies.png
|       test.PNG
|       
+---rowerGGH
|       J4100010.JPG
|       J4100011.JPG
|       J4100012.JPG
|       J4100013.JPG
|       J4100014.JPG
|       J4100015.JPG
|       J4100016.JPG
|       J4100017.JPG
|       J4100018.JPG
|       magnewpix.png
|       ob14.JPG
|       paczkaGGH.JPG
|       
\---spurler
        4.PNG
        f00.PNG
        f01.PNG
        f02.PNG
        f03.PNG
        f04.PNG
        f05.PNG
        f06.PNG
        f07.PNG
        f08.PNG
        f09.PNG
        f10.PNG
        f11.PNG
        f12.PNG
        f13.PNG
        f14.PNG
        f15.PNG
        f16.PNG
        f17.PNG
        f18.PNG
        f19.PNG
        f20.PNG
        f21.PNG
        f22.PNG
        f23.PNG
        f24.PNG
        f25.PNG
        f26.PNG
        f27.PNG
        f28.PNG
        f29.PNG
        f30.PNG
        f31.PNG
        f32.PNG
        f33.PNG
        f34.PNG
        f35.PNG
        f36.PNG
        f37.PNG
        f38.PNG
        f39.PNG
        most-80.PNG
        most-81.PNG
        most-82.PNG
        most-full.PNG
        most80.png
        spurler1.xcf
        spurler2.GIF
        spurler2.xcf

BFTF replay.
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023. # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here is why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't count Image
This text was autogenerated:

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1371

Postby mscha » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:30 pm UTC

RAVONGLY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:53 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:Will the next what if be "what if I adopted a puppy?"?
What if everyone adopted a puppy. At the same time.

Newspaper and plastic bags would suddenly be in short supply.
Nice ketchup this morning. Wipend starts todip, though it looks like the fireworks tonight may get rained out. But the parade in the morning should have really nice weather, thanks to Arthur.

mscha wrote:RAVONGLY...

Who said that? And what did they say?
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:56 pm UTC

That was such an unusual and therefore highly enjoyable ketchup post, ChronosDragon!
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:15 pm UTC

BlueCrab wrote:... the Forum quickly surpasses FourChan as an anarchist's playground. The nerds realize this, and without the Mods to control them they Take Over the World. They eliminate the millenium bug by wiping the numeral 2 from existence. The resulting binary bias becomes so entrenched that people forget how to perceive colors and the world changes to black and white (like it was back in the day.). Several thousand years from now the Straits of Gibraltar become blocked. Thus Begins Time.

This is one of the few times when I visibly laughed at a comment on the OTT. Luckily I was able to keep it very low-key, but still if anyone had been watching me on the bus when I read it, no doubt there would have been some strange looks.

BlueCrab wrote:
taixzo wrote:I guess I've joined the second party then by default.
Neat, c'mon in - we have a spare set of dice here somewhere!

Here you go:

You can use a regular 6-sided die to simulate a die of any number of sides if needed as well. Careful with it though, it's quite big.

Mrob: I have no idea where you are going with your story, but I am enjoying it all the same.

I missed the opportunity to make this reference when Cueganzzle were out on the boat earlier, but I'll make it now: I wonder where they'll float next? Also why can't they stay on the island. It's not like it's THAT dangerous. Right?

Redundant:
Spoiler:
dice.png
Hat-dice
dice.png (20.19 KiB) Viewed 9349 times
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

ucim

Postby ucim » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:36 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:In footnote 2, I'm curious as to what 'Not Quite a Coincidence' means.
Probably a reference to hull speed, which is a sort-of terminal velocity for water. "Hull speed" is (sort of) the maximum speed that a boat can be propelled through water; it depends on the length and shape of the hull. As you approach hull speed, it takes more and more energy to go just a little bit faster.

Falling through the water probably happens close to hull speed.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Please help addams if you can. She needs all of us.

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:45 pm UTC

ucim wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:In footnote 2, I'm curious as to what 'Not Quite a Coincidence' means.
Probably a reference to hull speed, which is a sort-of terminal velocity for water. "Hull speed" is (sort of) the maximum speed that a boat can be propelled through water; it depends on the length and shape of the hull. As you approach hull speed, it takes more and more energy to go just a little bit faster.

Falling through the water probably happens close to hull speed.

Jose

Unless you cheat with a hydrofoil.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

mscha

Time Revisited - np2531

Postby mscha » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:10 pm UTC

SHUNGALOO...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:THE FIRST RULE OF WIPEND CLUB IS, YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT WIPEND CLUB

-- posted by oldpixbot

ucim

Postby ucim » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:19 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:Unless you cheat with a hydrofoil.
Curses! 'foiled again!

Jose

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:27 pm UTC

^Ooooooh! *waits for BlitzGirl* Image

ucim

Postby ucim » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:46 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:^Ooooooh! *waits for BlitzGirl*
What.... you think there's going to be some sparring?

Jose

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:01 pm UTC

If by sparring you mean sawing, yes.

Only mildly RELATED (because mountains) but felt like sharing - One of my favourite mountains is up for sale because the local aristocrat who owns the land needs to pay off some inheritance tax. A community group (which I am involved with in a small way) has been put together to raise money to buy it for the community rather than allow it to be owned by some Russian billionaire or something. Anyway, the deadline for bids has now passed, so now we Wait For It in anticipation. Here's a BBC news piece on it. I'd watch just for the pretty aerial shots of the mountain. :P

ucim

Postby ucim » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:06 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:If by sparring you mean sawing, yes.
I get the point. ::toothy grin::

Jose

karhell

Postby karhell » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:25 pm UTC

ucim wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:If by sparring you mean sawing, yes.
I get the point. ::toothy grin::

Jose

Well, considering I never actually returned the punsaw, she might have some trouble with that :roll:
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!
Wait well, ChronosDragon, may your seaish ketchup be molpish!

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”