1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Sustainabilizer

Time"Time After Time: t1i-1409

Postby Sustainabilizer » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:22 pm UTC

EPILONGUE…
Spoiler:
The end.
-- posted by Sustainabilizer

I loved this story.
For me, it's like Time 2.
A big thank you!

Sustainabilizer,
sitting down in the comfy chair,
preparing the chocolate

ETA: Ch*rp – pope. :shock:
Optional decree: find molpies.
I mean: find undetected molpies in Time or in Time After Time.
Spoiler:
I've found one – see above. A gullpy?

ETA2: Welcome back, JGeezer! :)

More edits: improved Haiku compatibility, newpixbottified the style, clarified decree
Last edited by Sustainabilizer on Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:36 am UTC, edited 8 times in total.
Confused about the OTT? See the Wiki!
Want more 1190: Time? Check out TimeAfterTime!
There is a MIRROR of the OTT, just in case.
Thanks for participating in my Scientific Conference and OTTer Meetup!
Image Help addams!

HES

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby HES » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:28 pm UTC

For pope, ish, I saw lots of equimolps todip. One was towing. Also the usual smattering of wolpies, chirpies and woolpies I see when adventuring in the general direction of yappoville.
He/Him/His Image

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:40 pm UTC

Beanie camp UNG

I would also like to give my appreciation for the treeish sequel ONGs.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

mscha

Time Revisited - np2682

Postby mscha » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:10 pm UTC

SPATUNGOID...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:COULD LOOPSY BE ANY MORE TREEISH?

-- posted by oldpixbot

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:53 pm UTC

Sustainabilizer wrote:EpilONGue?

Like I said, it's not over till the pix stop coming.

New What-If. It's got a hatted duck.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

IT'S BUFFYHATS ALL THE WAY DOWN

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:13 pm UTC

Hmm. I could quote posts, but when I went to post the reply it only listed my answers and not the quote. Then I went to the next page and it logged me out, and when I logged back in my quote-fu had been lost again. :(

*bachaddict comments on the fact that OTTers are mostly 20s-30s, at least those posting now*
Hi, bachaddict! Treeish to see you again! Like HES said, probably a lot of who reads xkcd, and also maybe the demographic that would tend to be on an online forum? *shrugs*

*TheMinim says her birthyip page hasn't come up yet, and she's cool with that.*
And mine was many pages ago. :( I'm not sure if I'm cool with that or not.

Hmm--I thinks it's ronaldkr who mentions 1964?
1964 is a very good year. :wink:

Hiya, Soup! :D

*Zooman says something like facecone ficecream facecream
Oh, is that what they mean by facecream? I thought it what that stuff in the little jar you put on your face at night.

There could be another meaning, but I won't go there. I'll leave that to azule.

mikrit wrote an endish poem. My comment was, "that's a depressing poem." I am so insightful! Maybe I could have said it wasn't a depressing poem just to start an argument, and then I could have been inciteful.

Happy birthdip, Spaceman Spiff's Little Bean and hi to Spaceman Spiff!

And did I say welcome to Sustainabilizer? Well, just in case, welcome! So treeish to still have Revealers!

I loved mikrit's Swedish lesson.

I was very sad to hear that cellocgw considers himself a former OTTer. :cry: It's bad enough that he basemented himself, does he have to disown us too?

Feel better, ergman.

Loving mrob's story, and the current TAT dialogue is very moving. I guess it makes sense that it's moving, if it's a current.

SBN, good luck with your Outside stuff.

Happy birthyip newpages to everyone! So completes ketchup for NP 1995-96. 2000 is not too far away...

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

HES

Re: IT'S BUFFYHATS ALL THE WAY DOWN

Postby HES » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:40 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Loving mrob's story, and the current TAT dialogue is very moving. I guess it makes sense that it's moving, if it's a current.

Be careful when talking of the present, that you are in the same present as those in the present. I wouldn't say "moving" is synonymous with "*ndish".
He/Him/His Image

Eternal Density

"THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!" I SCREAMED AS SHE-BANGS POSTED

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:52 pm UTC

Thank you SilentTimer! I'd tip my hat (actually it's a beanie) but no one wants to see that and my wig hasn't arrived yet (ch*rping express post).

There's two roopies right out my window :D

@BlitzGirl what's the joke about something having six syllables?
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1410

Postby mscha » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:30 am UTC

HARONGEY...
Spoiler:
The end.
-- posted by newpixbot

mrob27

TO MUSTARD OR NOT TO MUSTARD, THAT IS THE QUESTION

Postby mrob27 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:27 am UTC

第二十七章

(chapter 26)

Morobu had used his sense of gravity to choose the direction to travel uphill, towards the grand summit of Fujisan. He had mostly ignored local plants, wildlife, temperature and other cues. No wonder that I have travelled down towards the sea! He looks at Suruga Bay, then back at imagebot, then at his feet.
  Finally Morobu breaks the silence. "But where is Timborme?"
  "I haven't seen him for wips. We walked past a pachinko parlour and the next moment I turned to look, and no Timborme. I suppose he went in to play 'a few games'. But after what happened to him with Cookie Clicker and Q04B, I doubt he stopped at just a few."
  "He has his transponder?"
  "Oh yes, and I'm sure he'll pop up when he is ready. He's a big boy."
  "Hmmm..." (Morobu looks doubtful) "Yes, well... I guess once you're done bird-watching, you could always use the TARDIS scanners to locate him." Morobu suddenly feels heightened urgency. "For my part, I must get back to the hills, and Fujisan! You'll excuse me?"
  Without another word, bot and human part, and Morobu returns up the beach. He climbs back over the jetty, and trots back along the first beach. Near BlueCrab's home he turns to the right, entering back into the difficult undergrowth. There is yet a long journey ahead.

ZoomanSP wrote: Yay for (almost) redundancy, mrob27! :P

:oops: Thanks for noticing! :wink: I thought that chapter felt familiar... but I've read them all so many times I kind of lose track.
  There was a change to the story, which I'll describe here. The earlier chapter 26 read, in part:
in the original ch. 26, I wrote:  imagebot swivels her head to glance at the bay, then back at her creator. "I don't feel it, but apparently humans and land animals do, and some plants. Circularly-polarized gravity [...]"

I had a few problems with this imagebot section of the story. In chapter 24 imagebot was looking at a gull inexplicably rising without exerting effort, but in this chapter the bot says that birds are not affected by the gravimetric projections (necessary for various reasons; consider the interaction with Link in chapter 15). I also had no statement of why imagebot was on the beach at all. I edited chapter 26 to address this:
in the new ch. 26, I wrote:  imagebot swivels her head to glance at the bay, then back at her creator. "I don't feel it, but apparently humans and land animals do, and some plants... and maybe those gulls. That's what I'm investigating right now."
  Morobu glances up at the sky, looking for the gull that spiraled up and away, as imagebot continues.
  "Circularly-polarized gravity [...]"

Thanks also to @balthasar_s and @jimbobmacdoodle, @AluisioASG, etc. for noticing the mustard. I'll give it a Image Image 1 1/2 on the MSMS. Indeed, perhaps the TARDIS is a MusTARDIS... :)

mrob27 Image
Last edited by mrob27 on Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:30 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: IT'S BUFFYHATS ALL THE WAY DOWN

Postby SBN » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:52 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:SBN, good luck with your Outside stuff.

Thanks. My outside is being unexpectedly like Time after Time todip. Which will probably be a good thing, but right now it's just really scary. First challenge, explaining to the wolpies that we'll be sleeping in tomorrow.

I'd like to add my thanks to SilentTimer. Unless you are really somehow controlling my outside with your story, in which case, please hurry the next chapter. Seriously though, I have enjoyed waiting for it.
Yours also mrob, but no *nding, please.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:59 am UTC

Good luck with the Outside polarbearaptors, SBN.
Hi JGeezer! Nice to see you! :)

Eternal Density wrote:@BlitzGirl what's the joke about something having six syllables?

Punnity funnity
Spelling it out means that
I put myself on the
    Punsawing list...
Students of poetry
See double dactyls so
Sexy-syllabical,
    They must be kissed!
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:22 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:
ucim wrote:Unless in the sequel it turns out that the ship hears two dragons singing, sails too close and catches fire during a particularly energetic duet, and sinks.

I don't know about ChronosDragon, but I am very aware of my surroundings.

I'm not likely to breathe fire, considering I don't have the proper glands to do so. Come now, don't stereotype!

Also I'm quite respectful of seagoing vessels, considering I'm wont to pilot their airgoing brethren from time to time

Many thanks, by the way, to SilentTimer for his magnificent TimeAfterTime sequence! It was absolutely lovely, and enthralling to the last. My gratitude is thousandfold.

ergman

Postby ergman » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:26 am UTC

:P brilliant. I was actually glancing through the catalogue of D-dactyls on the wiki. There are a lot of them, though plenty are missing, and they all make for fun readings. hi JGeezer! haven't seen you around much.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

HES

Postby HES » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:26 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:I'm quite respectful of seagoing vessels, considering I'm wont to pilot their airgoing brethren from time to time

I was about to ask why, but then realised that it's not like I walk everywhere.
He/Him/His Image

Eternal Density

IS IT CAN BE PUNSAWZ TIEM NAO PLEES?

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:55 am UTC

HES wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:I'm quite respectful of seagoing vessels, considering I'm wont to pilot their airgoing brethren from time to time

I was about to ask why, but then realised that it's not like I walk everywhere.

Why can't I find a picture of a hamply in an airship?
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

HES

Postby HES » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:03 am UTC

Google doesn't understand "hamply". I've made that mistake a few times.
He/Him/His Image

mscha

Time Revisited - np2688

Postby mscha » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:10 am UTC

LOWERUNGLY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:THESE AREN'T THE NEWPICES YOU'RE SPOILERING FOR

-- posted by oldpixbot

mikrit

Re: THIS NEEDLE-PULLED THING IS NOW ABOUT WOWTERFALLISH SQUI

Postby mikrit » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:21 am UTC

Blindpost. Back from London. The empire capital is big, the tourist is small, the hotel wifi was erratic, I have a dozen NewPages to ketch up. Should be comaing now, but it's unusually hot weather here, just woke up at dawn at 4 am and can't recoma. May as well start my ketchup posts.
Eternal Density wrote:
BlueCrab wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:Is Swedish different with an OTTish accent?
mikrit wrote:I've tried to understand this question, but failed. svenman and smolloy were learning Swedish, presumably with some accent, but they are basemented now, I'm afraid. HALLÅ? KAN NI HÖRA MIG DÄR NERE?
I think the question was meant to be silly. :P If you flex the meanings a little it sort of makes sense, with reference to the question of how to translate OTTer: how would written Swedish be read if it included OTTish words?
Does your question translate to something like ‘Hello? Is there anybody here?’
The joke was a) we kinda have our own mangled version of Swedish here and b) OTTish is a play on 'Scottish'.
BC: Yes, roughly: a word-for-word translation becomes "Hello? Can you hear me there down?"

ED: Okay, part b) I hadn't understood at all. Thanks, it makes more sense now. I can answer a related question: the pseudo-Scottish in Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men (which I have read in English, wonderful book), becomes very different when translated to Swedish in Små Blå Män (which I read aloud to my Medium-Sized Daughter, who also loved it). The translator did a good job of an impossible task, though.

Note: we have only two children, but she never liked to be called "small", whereas she approved "medium-sized".
Hatted and wimpled by ergman.
Dubbed "First and Eldest of Ottificators" by svenman.
Febrion wrote: "etc" is latin for "this would look better with more examples, but I can't think of any".

Eternal Density

BRB, shopping and post office

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:44 am UTC

HES wrote:Google doesn't understand "hamply". I've made that mistake a few times.

I actually remembered to use the heretical word. This time.

mrob27

I FIND YOUR LACK OF HAMPLIES DISTURBING

Postby mrob27 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:24 am UTC

第二十八章

(chapter 27)

The diligent pilgrim Morobu has kept a detailed travelogue of his journeys, which he now uses to retrace his steps. He could use the navigation features in his pocket TARDIS transponder, but that is forbidden of pilgrims to the Dojo of Searchfu. There is no regret, as Morobu's sense of direction is good and everything is familiar.
  The plants and trees are densely grown, but Morobu finds it easier this time: his legs tell him he is heading downhill. To steady himself he grabs any available branches or bamboo stalks; to protect his hands he wraps them in cloth strips as in martial arts.
  Soon he arrives back at the makeshift bamboo campsite, where he had just left early this morning. He would love to be able to rest again here, but realizes he isn't really tired and needs to continue retracing his steps while memory is fresh.

Eternal Density wrote: Why can't I find a picture of a hamply in an airship?

HES wrote: Google doesn't understand "hamply". I've made that mistake a few times.

I actually remembered to use the heretical word. This time.

The humble Pilgrim of Searchfu suggests "blimp" instead of "airship". I found this forum thread pointing to Animal Planet's Puppy Bowl VI.

view from the cockpit

Here ya go, skip to 1:10 in the video. And here is another bit (skip to 0:30).

mrob27 Image

Spoiler:
hamster-in-a-blimp.jpg
Just what it says on the tin.
hamster-in-a-blimp.jpg (18.34 KiB) Viewed 8030 times
Last edited by mrob27 on Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:11 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

BlitzGirl

ENAP: 2 so far

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:26 am UTC

Oh yes, the Puppy Bowl! Image

Also loved The Wee Free Men and its sequels.

Epilogue cONGtinues...

Spoiler:
The end.
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

THAT'S NOT A WIPEND; _THIS_ IS A WIPEND

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:24 am UTC

It's not the wipend, it's not!!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:30 am UTC

It's not the wipend, it's the [SilentONG] end.
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Neil_Boekend

Re: THAT'S NOT A WIPEND; _THIS_ IS A WIPEND

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:31 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:It's not the wipend, it's not!!

*snickers*
Spoiler:
A "wip" is a quick fuck in Dutch.
The end of a quick fuck is, well, you know...
Thus the wipend is, well, you know...
If you are denying that that happened so soon, well, that counts as a medical problem.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:33 am UTC

WHY WERE WE NOT MADE AWARE OF THIS VULGAR DUTCH CONNOTATION FOR "WIP" BEFORE

:azule: It's great!
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:48 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:WHY WERE WE NOT MADE AWARE OF THIS VULGAR DUTCH CONNOTATION FOR "WIP" BEFORE

:azule: It's great!

I have tried to make you aware sometime half a yip back. Somehow it failed and ED's remark made me try again.
Also, it caused a smile every time someone used the wOrTT "wipend". So I didn't want people to stop. You can never have too many smiles.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

he/him/his

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:03 am UTC

Oh, a pity we missed that back then. But now...

Neil_Boekend wrote:You can never have too many smiles.

Spoiler:
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Edit: I'll be Randamned, apparently you can have too many smiles. The post preview breaks if I try to fit any more smileys in the spoiler.
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Time Revisited - np2693

Postby mscha » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:10 am UTC

MUNGLES...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:I ACCIDENTALLY AN ONG, IS THIS DANGEROUS?

-- posted by oldpixbot

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:13 am UTC

Aaaa! The UNG is total darkness! My smileys preemptively **ded Time! Image
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:28 am UTC

[quote="BlitzGirl"]Oh, a pity we missed that back then. But now...

[quote="Neil_Boekend"]You can never have too many smiles.[/quote]
Edit: I'll be Randamned, apparently you can have too many smiles. The post preview breaks if I try to fit any more smileys in the spoiler.[/quote]

More spoilers help:
Spoiler:
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Last edited by Neil_Boekend on Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:50 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

he/him/his

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1412

Postby mscha » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:30 am UTC

LOONGERS...
Spoiler:
The end.
-- posted by newpixbot

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:31 am UTC

But then they mustard up the rest of your BBCode. Note how the quote tags have failed.
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

adnapemit

Postby adnapemit » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:33 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Aaaa! The UNG is total darkness! My smileys preemptively **ded Time! Image

Smileys are a powerful thing. Always use with caution :!:

Also Thankyou SilentTimer for your amazing work!
Empress adnapemit "Nancy" "Time Panda"
[adnapemit|timepanda]
Does anyone actually read signatures?

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:39 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:But then they mustard up the rest of your BBCode. Note how the quote tags have failed.

Fixed.

There is a maximum to the amount of characters in a post.
The forum wrote:Your message contains 150458 characters. The maximum number of allowed characters is 60000.

he/him/his

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:41 am UTC

Aw, why did you fix it? I thought that was some interesting mustard.
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:51 am UTC

Unfixed.
Your wish is my command suggestion.
Now it is art!

he/him/his

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:01 am UTC

Magnificent! :D Now it's an OTT installation piece!
"Artful Quotemustard."
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Time Revisited - np2694

Postby mscha » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:10 am UTC

UNGORAS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:BLUENHANCE THE BRAINSLUGS!

-- posted by oldpixbot

Sustainabilizer

Postby Sustainabilizer » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:16 am UTC

ronaldkr wrote:To note: there are two Time intervals that are left uncovered. First is between the landing of the raft people ("Where do you think we are") and the arrival of the shipwrecked Beanies, second is obviously the fate of Cuegan and the rest of the 40 after TAT.

The other note is that the graphics seem to become invariably more complex as the story progresses (as Randall explicitly reported). Here we got a full-blown, detailed sailing ship at the e...
Note, these two Time intervals belong to two different Timelines (or TATlines): The shipwrecked Beanies belong to the bean2 story by Waveney, the other Time interval belongs to the t1i story by SilentTimer.

For decree: From t1i-1298 to t1i-1324, there is a mousepy molpying around on the right.

ETA: animation of the mousepy, spoilered for NSFWness
Spoiler:
There are actually 2 mousepies!
See in particular the frame t1i-1314.

BTW, this is how I produced this animation:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash
for x in $(seq 1298 1324); do
  convert ../t1i-$x.png -geometry 300%x300% \
                        -font Courier-Bold \
                        -pointsize 20 \
                        -fill "#00ff00" \
                        -gravity SouthEast \
                        -annotate +30+60 "t1i-$x" \
                        -crop 630x240+0+30 \
                        +repage \
                        mousepy-$x.png
done

convert -delay 25 mousepy-*.png -deconstruct mousepy-1298.gif

rm mousepy-*.png

Now guess which of the two mousepies is redundant: ;)
mousepy-1298.gif

@lmjb1964 and everyone: Thanks for the welcome! :)
Last edited by Sustainabilizer on Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:26 pm UTC, edited 3 times in total.
Confused about the OTT? See the Wiki!
Want more 1190: Time? Check out TimeAfterTime!
There is a MIRROR of the OTT, just in case.
Thanks for participating in my Scientific Conference and OTTer Meetup!
Image Help addams!

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”