1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby SBN » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:47 pm UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Everyone looks so very happy to be in that businneess meeting, even the otter.

Otters seem to be pretty much happy wherever. But the OTT is exceptionally nice.

An otter would make any meeting better, but I think it would take more than one otter to make me that happy to be in a meeting.

I get to wake up to a nice ketchup every morning, but then it is quiet during the day.

Edit: Accidental popeness. Look for relatedness outside, and report back. Especially the report back part.
Also, find the secrets in t1i.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

HES

Postby HES » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:09 pm UTC

I think they feel bad for failing to warn them sooner
He/Him/His Image

mscha

Time Revisited - np2770

Postby mscha » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:10 pm UTC

FUNGA...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:SPARROW-RAPTORMEOWLPY IS A SPARROW-RAPTOR

-- posted by oldpixbot

ucim

Postby ucim » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:13 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
ucim wrote:Anyway, many many thanks for your wowterful sea quill!

This should probably be punsawed, but it is a very high-quality pun. I like it.

Did this just happen?? Did I just get away with a pun..... legally?

SBN - Thanks for your sequel! The sea is full of molpishness!

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:26 pm UTC

ucim

Postby ucim » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:24 pm UTC

Earthling on Mars wrote:Oh hey, I've had my hat for a year now!
... which brought me back to my exploding brain on Portal 2, and the perpetual testing initiative.

Yes, very silly.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

mscha

Time Revisited - np2772

Postby mscha » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:10 pm UTC

INTERTUNGLE...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:DOOM BANANAS 2: ELECTRIC BAGALOO

-- posted by oldpixbot

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:10 pm UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:okay
Spoiler:

Hah, I didn't notice the ottermolpy at first. Then laughed when I did. I love how it looks like it's studying the chart with great interest.
BlitzGirl wrote:Everyone looks so very happy to be in that businneess meeting, even the otter.

Yeah, it will always amuse me how unrealistically happy people in stock photos always look.
mscha wrote:INTERTUNGLE...
Spoiler:

It's the Beantles!
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

HES

Postby HES » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:18 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:It's the Beantles!

As long as Meg doesn't start a solo career in crazy new-wave screeching.
He/Him/His Image

Sustainabilizer

Postby Sustainabilizer » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:53 pm UTC

HES wrote:I think they feel bad for failing to warn them sooner
That would fit. According to m2914 they feel responsible for other people.
They are a friendly bunch.
Hmm… and most of them wear hats.
That's another evidence that they are the descendants of the OTTers. :)

For decree:
Spoiler:
Does the above count as a secret in t1i?

Just in case, in the wip before last wip, we organized a RELATED conference on sustainability where sustainable food was served in a tent:
sustainable-food.jpg
Confused about the OTT? See the Wiki!
Want more 1190: Time? Check out TimeAfterTime!
There is a MIRROR of the OTT, just in case.
Thanks for participating in my Scientific Conference and OTTer Meetup!
Help for addams completed successfully. Thanks!

HES

Tall for a Hamply, that is...

Postby HES » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:58 pm UTC

Sustainability is only for the vertically challenged, it seems. Us tall folk need too much material.
He/Him/His Image

ucim

Postby ucim » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:18 pm UTC

Sustainabilizer wrote:Just in case, in the wip before last wip, we organized a RELATED conference on sustainability where sustainable food was served in a tent:
Was the tent sustainable? I bet the tent still exists, but the food doesn't.

While praying, I have been beset with trials and tribulations, and I'm wondering if condiments may be extant. (Version 10402.66!) (reloading does not seem to change the version number).

1: One must be extremely careful with the cueball boosts - it's very easy to select what one thinks is a floating cueball, and instead be dealt a no-cue. It's also easy to think one has cancelled a cue boost, and instead be dealt "the other one". Although there are big words saying what is happening, they all look the same and thus do not really work all that well as an "are you sure" because I know I'm going to see words, and I know what they are supposed to say. Having each boost on a different button would probably be an improvement.

2: If the grid is full enough, I can select the floating cueball, and when I actually make a move, I see "floating cueball move taken" but nothing happens. Then, on the subeequent move, the floating thing happens. I don't know whether both moves take place at once.

3: Prayer is very engaging. :)

Jose

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: Tall for a Hamply, that is...

Postby SBN » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:37 pm UTC

HES wrote:Sustainability is only for the vertically challenged, it seems. Us tall folk need too much material.

That's a really weird sentence since I think of you as a hamply.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time

HES

Postby HES » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:51 pm UTC

Hence the title. Hmm, a 6' hamply would probably need an I'm-not-a-bear vest.
He/Him/His Image

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:06 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:ONG?
ONG!

I had a RELATED dream. At first I woke up at 5 am. I looked at the clock "too early" I took a quick look at the OTT and went back to bed. And then I had this weird kind of dream when I'm almost awake, when I'm partially aware ow what's going on around me, when I can randomly decide to stand up, look around and lie down aagain and continue the same dream as if it wasn't interrupted at all.
In this dream we had a new delurker. the name was tht or something like that. He was an author of a wiki article about a new OTT-related hotdog. He also posted his drawings of Aluisio's dragons. They were really awesomeful, very blue, and some of them had sunglasses. Some had normal glasses. And mrob's mustard fractal was there. There were many different mustard fractals on the thread. And nothing made sense.

Some information about making the "Blitzposting is not as easy as you might think when you look at some of the blitzreports not knowing how much work it took to write them and also this title is really too long" film:
  • When I was recording the part when I'm sitting on the barrier and typing, a family appeared. They were going for a walk, walking in my direction. They noticed me sitting there and typing. They looked at me. They looked at each other. Looked at me again. Looked at each other again. They turned around and went away.
  • I actually connected the lamp, the red switch, the telephone, and some batteries so that turning the rotary dial made the light flash. That was a real thing not a film trick.
  • When I made the "What have you done to me, Time?" film I told that I connected a telephone to the computer to record the narration. This time I also had it connected like that. The dial pulse sound you hear in the film was coming directly from the computer connected to the telephone. The oscilloscope was connected to this too.
  • The "blitzphonen v0.23.27" terminal that you can see in the film is a small program I wrote on the Amiga 500. It's operated by the joystick. When the joystick is moved in any direction (except right which stops the program) it displays random characters; when released it displays the correct character. The characters change at a rate of 10 per second. The pulse rate in a rotary dial phone is also 10 per second. I modified an example program from the "Amiga C Encyclopedia" (example of how to use yoystick input) and I added the text displaying code that I reused from my earlier program (which was: Two computers - Amiga 500 and Compaq 386/20e connected with a serial cable playing the "Still Alive" end animation from the game "Portal". The sound was generated using the narrator.device which is part of the OS and was not intended to be able to sing. A recording is available here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78qk63XlQG4) If someone is interested I can send the program (the blitzphonen one or the portal one).
  • The "noise" while preview was made by holding the telephone microphone so close that it blocked my mouth and sucking in air. And setting the input sensitivity in the computer too high.
  • The font from the title is Cyklop - a polish font designed in the 1920's.
  • When I google the title, "blitzposting", google says "Blitz Posting is not an Effective Social Media Practice".
  • I recorded some parts much earlier. but when the treadlock (sadness) came I completely lost my inspiration. Recently it came back and I finished the film.
Do you want to know anything else?

@ChronosDragon - at first I read your graph as "# of people who are like you".

@mrob27 - First Neil_Boekend made a post and I had to make changes in my bot (otherwise the mirror would get stuck at np2017). Then I made a post and you had to make changes in your bot. Be carefull and don't pass the curse to anybody else :)
Last edited by balthasar_s on Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:18 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:08 pm UTC

ucim wrote:
Sustainabilizer wrote:Just in case, in the wip before last wip, we organized a RELATED conference on sustainability where sustainable food was served in a tent:
Was the tent sustainable? I bet the tent still exists, but the food doesn't.
I bet the food still exists too. It's just been transmogrified...

Treeish yurt, Sustainabilizer! The Cueganites would be proud. Image

balthasar_s wrote:
Spoiler:
Some information about making the "Blitzposting is not as easy as you might think when you look at some of the blitzreports not knowing how much work it took to write them and also this title is really too long" film:
  • When I was recording the part when I'm sitting on the barrier and typing, a family appeared. They were going for a walk, walking in by direction. They noticed me sitting there and typing. They looked at me. They looked at each other. Looked at me again. Looked at each other again. They turned around and went away.
  • I actually connected the lamp, the red switch, the telephone, and some batteries so that turning the rotary dial made the light flash. That was a real thing not a film trick.
  • When I made the "What have you done to me, Time?" film I told that I connected a telephone to the computer to recound the narration. This time I also had it connected like that. The dial pulse sound you hear in the film was coming directly from the computer connected to the telephone. The oscilloscope was connected to this too.
  • The "blitzphonen v0.23.27" terminal that you can see in the film is a small program I wrote on the Amiga 500. It's operated by the joystick. When the joystick is moved in any direction it displays random characters when released it displays the correct character. The characters change at a rate of 10 per second. The pulse rate in a rotary dial phone is also 10 per second. I modified an example program from the "Amiga C Encyclopedia" (example of how to use yoystick input) and I added the text displaying code that I reused from my earlier program (Two computers - Amiga 500 and Compaq 386/20e connected with a serial cable playing the "Still Alive" end animation from the game "Portal". The sound was generated using the narrator.device which is part of the OS. It was not intended to be able to sing. A recording is available here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78qk63XlQG4) If someone is interested I can send the program (the blitzphonen one or the portal one) if someone is interested.
  • The "noise" while preview was made by holding the telephone microphone so close that it blocked my mouth and sucking in air. And setting the input sensitivity in the computer too high.
  • The font from the title is Cyklop - a polish font designed in the 1920's.
  • When I google the title, "blitzposting", google says "Blitz Posting is not an Effective Social Media Practice".
  • I recorded some parts much earlier. but when the treadlock (sadness) came I completely lost my inspiration. Recently it came back and I finished the film.

That is awesomeful and futurish, blitzaphone_s! I'm so happy you finished the film and shared it with us. :mrgreen:

For outside RELATEDness decree: I was doing a crossword todip and one of the clues was "A large body of water": _E_
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Time Revisited - np2777

Postby mscha » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:10 pm UTC

CUNGO...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:BECOME AN TURTLEMOLPIES

-- posted by oldpixbot

NoMouse

BRACE YOURSELVES, ORGANISED SAND IS COMING

Postby NoMouse » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:26 pm UTC

HES, NP 2014 wrote:There was that old helicopter hotdog which, coming to think of it, is exactly the same as flappy chirpy (And as such: Warning).

Yes, I finally did it! I got over 1000 points1066! I can stop playing now. :D
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Call of the Newpix

Postby AluisioASG » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:10 pm UTC

Sustainabilizer wrote:

Code: Select all

for x in $(seq -f "%04g" 0 1413); do
    wget http://xkcd.mscha.org/otcstories/t1i-$x.png
done

Thanks! Even better (for me, who doesn't have wget):

Code: Select all

curl -O 'http://xkcd.mscha.org/otcstories/t1i-[0000-1413].png'

noboobs wrote:A one pixel penis.

We'll have to go subpixel in order to differentiate it from a one-pixel dilsomethingicantspell.

HES wrote:Whole name including the ASG part?

Yes, all of it.

mikrit wrote:computer expert Oracle

Ugh. At least that's what everyone says.

Oops.

On the meaning of t1i: it IE not be?

NoMouse wrote:Molpish! That could easily be a real photo of a ship in a sunset.

Yep, look at the shadows!

Crab wrote:Not necessarily - reproduction could be by parthenogenesis. Maybe Raftcastles are one of those species where an individual carries both male and female equipment.

Not necessarily ― replication could be by fractoring. Maybe Raftcastles are one of those species where an individual carries equipment and knowledge to build a copy of itself.

--- REAL TIME: Congrats, Germany. ---

yappo wrote:Why us three specifically? Are you after a specifically British opinion or something?

Yes. Don is Brit.

mrob27 wrote:within somebody else's workplace

Oh, I missed it was her @WTA.
…But maybe she can replicate enough of the environment at home?

balthasar_s wrote:He also posted his drawings of Aluisio's dragons.

Michael[1,2], Storm and Ashmont are very interested. The latter especially, since she's the only one lacking a canon drawing (and a well-defined, written story).

balthasar_s wrote:very blue

This is slightly odd.

balthasar_s wrote:and some of them had sunglasses

Ah, so that's where I put them.

As you know, I have a problem determining the Future-Past so I can write the Future-Present. I've got an idea that could fix it; however, it'd make the Fragments slightly iRelevant. I still think it's a good idea. It's more OTTish.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

HES

Postby HES » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:22 pm UTC

Alusio Augusto Silvia Gonçales - that's how I'd spell it based on how I (used to) read it. Seems the errant i found a new home. Spellcheck wants it to be "Gonzales".
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

ENAP: 1 so far

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:46 pm UTC

AluisioASG wrote:As you know, I have a problem determining the Future-Past so I can write the Future-Present. I've got an idea that could fix it; however, it'd make the Fragments slightly iRelevant. I still think it's a good idea. It's more OTTish.

New ideas are always good to experiment with - I'd say go for it! Especially if it's OTTishier. :)
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

azule
Saved

BlindPost NP2021

Postby azule » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:35 am UTC

OTToMeme has been updated with Link's 2.2 vocab, that naughty meme (and one or two others), and with a multiform-style backend. I have adverbs but I don't know what to do with them. lol. Nothing special here, I still need a back button and other cool things the other 'momes have.

macraw "I can't wait to see what wowterful things are to come..." - Sometimes the best experiences in life are not planned. I think the same goes for the wowterful things that are not marked with quemarks. :)

I'm actually surprised that SilentTimer's work has not been featured in a news article, similar to how Time was. I mean, seriously, nearly half the frames, a serious commitment, well executed, and well received. Unless it was. Link. No, not you, Link. Just, link. The headline would be "Crazy Fan of xkcd does Time Sequel".

ChrDr "Whenever someone makes an assertion and doesn't qualify it with "to the best of current knowledge," take it with lots of grains of salt." - Indeed.
Spoiler:
To clarify, though, I meant the circumstances where it was advice given posing as knowledgeable whereas it was actually just opinion (a this or that is fine to them situation). I think, as laypeople, we give advice that we try to be right on. The person listening to us might trust us and might do that thing, but should never blame us for anything bad happening due to our poor advice. They shouldn't trust us to be an expert unless we are. But only in that field and only for what is truly known by us in that field.

I'm happy being a layperson, because having people rely on my expert advice...is stressful. (I'm not an expert in anything, including in messing things up.)

HES quoted me asking what "t1i" meant - Yeah, I don't think I admitted not knowing what ST's "yes" meant. I thought I had somehow missed this info in the OTT (though I presume to have read it all). I didn't know it was a yes to being there in the ONGs. Sorry for not just being dumb and bugging ST to clarify. lol.

HES "I also notice the SilentWiki page doesn't acknowledge th* *nd yet." - Maybe it's still in denial. *stands silently waiting for applause* Thank you. I'll be here all forever.

mikrit "English is difficult." - You're telling me. I thought sieve (spelling it seive is wrong...) was the correct word. That's what it does. Why colander? That's French, isn't it? English isn't hard, French is.

EoM's colpix - Lovely. I really like it's subtle nature. (Don't feel bad, ggh. Yours are often subtle in a different way.)

balthasar often predicts or says something suspiciously related to the SilentONGs. What are you up to, balthasar, and what have you already been involved in? I don't trust you...

mikrit "Should write mips, but who knows what that means..." - I think it's man nipples, "mips". There's no such thing as a male nipple slip. No one cares if your mips are showing, but they do care if your nips are showing. The available alternatives to "nips" for a lady/woman/female are "lips" (sorry, that's taken), "wips" (nope, also taken), and "fips". Cool, if ya females really want your own term, you get fips.

"Did anyone here used to watch Jackie Chan Adventures?" - Yes.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

ggh

Postby ggh » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:44 am UTC

Quick half-blind post to say that the Little Wonder and I fly to the US in a couple hours.
Dunno how much OTTing I'll be able to do. Will poke a nose in to read whenever possible.
OTT onwards!

(Balthawood - treeish! Could you make a Making of? Or maybe just skip to the Making of the Making of...?)
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:58 am UTC

Have a good flight!

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

ucim

Postby ucim » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:40 am UTC

azule wrote:mikrit "English is difficult." - You're telling me. I thought sieve (spelling it seive is wrong...) was the correct word. That's what it does. Why colander? That's French, isn't it? English isn't hard, French is.
English just steals words and grammar from all the other languages. So, English is easy if you know all the other languages, and know just which word or rule or situation comes from which language... and just how we managed to munge it up. :)

ggh wrote:Quick half-blind post to say that the Little Wonder and I fly to the US in a couple hours.
Where in the US are you going? It's kind of a big country. Too big to walk (though I have a friend who bicycled pretty much from one shore to the other). And also from top to bottom.

And when I told him about OTTing he said I have too much time on my hands!

Jose

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:03 am UTC

The Tree of ContemplatUNG:

Spoiler:
Hey, there really is a tree of contemplation, or a tree of contemplative practices, anyway:

OTT Time Travel

OTToMeme wrote:IT CAN DO WHATEVER IT WANTS. IT'S PANTHER SALVE.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Gingercat

Postby Gingercat » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:03 am UTC

Smithers wrote:New song parody. To the tune of Que Será, Será
Spoiler:
When I first saw the Comic "Time"
I asked Lord Randall, What does it mean
What's the sand made of
What is the sea
Here's what He said to me

Wait for it, for it
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not yours to see
Wait for it, for it
What will be, will be

When I grew up and joined the thread
I asked the forum, What lies ahead
Will we have castles
Day after day
Here's what the forum said

Wait for it, for it
The future's not ours to see
Wait for it, for it
What will be, will be

Now there are posters after me
They ask the forum, What will there be
Will we find rivers
Filling the sea
I tell them tenderly

Wait for it, for it
The future's not ours to see
Wait for it, for it
What will be, will be
Wait for it, for it

A little bit of lyrical genius hidden in the BeforeWas.

(In the words and apparently-delighted voice of the thief Renal Bloodscalp - "Yes, I'm still here!" My Blitz has been slowed but not cancelled; 'tis a busy {half?}life for a cat such as I...)
I am Schrödinger's Gingercat.

mscha

Time Revisited - np2786

Postby mscha » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:10 am UTC

EVUNGELIZE...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:WE'VE SECRETLY REPLACED LOOPSY'S ORGANISED SAND WITH A RIBBIT. LET'S SEE IF XE NOTICES...

-- posted by oldpixbot

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:13 am UTC

SBN wrote:Edit: Accidental popeness. Look for relatedness outside, and report back. Especially the report back part.

My sister told me she is pregnant again. There is going to be one more who is related to me!
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

BlitzGirl

ENAP: 1 so far

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:42 am UTC

Congrats, Uncle Neil!

New Othercomic in which Cueball mishandles Beanish cereal and is saved by Superm*n.

(It may not actually be cereal. Or Beanish.)
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HES

Postby HES » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:08 am UTC

Sieves and colanders are relatively interchangeable
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

Explanation?

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:16 am UTC

HES wrote:Sieves and colanders are relatively interchangeable

That's... uh... good to know.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:35 am UTC

HES wrote:Sieves and colanders are relatively interchangeable

Except as hats. Sieves just don't give that mad scientist look that colanders do.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

he/him/his

HES

Re: 3009: "Time"

Postby HES » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:32 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:That's... uh... good to know.

Probably should have clarified I was replying to azule. There were a few more posts between than I realised.
Neil_Boekend wrote:Except as hats. Sieves just don't give that mad scientist look that colanders do.

I'd prove you wrong, but my labcoat is in another castle.
He/Him/His Image

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:26 am UTC

Don't you have RAIL? (redundant array of inexpensive labcoats). What kind of mad scientist are you?

he/him/his

HES

Postby HES » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:35 am UTC

I was going for the mad scientist look, not an actual mad scientist. I am, in fact, and Insane Engineer.
Spoiler:
Like the guy who came up with this
He/Him/His Image

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:43 am UTC

Well, that may just be the optimal solution in a world where all the cars are self driving. Once the driving program has been taught how to behave there they all know it. That engineer just designed the roundabout to be futureproof!

he/him/his

mscha

Time Revisited - np2793

Postby mscha » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:10 pm UTC

SKYJACKUNGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:YO NEWPIXBOT, I'M REALLY HAPPY FOR YOU, IMMA LET YOU FINISH, BUT SPIKE HAD ONE OF THE MOLPIEST OTTERS OF ALL TIME

-- posted by oldpixbot

BlitzGirl

Molpy up!

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:05 pm UTC

*gazes up sadly at four-nopix-long gap in the thread*
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

SBN
Saved

Re: Molpy up!

Postby SBN » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:17 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:*gazes up sadly at four-nopix-long gap in the thread*

Sorry. Largest Wolpy had his checkup today, since he's just turned 4. Currently 140 pounds and healthy.

Here's a related beverage (related to the OTT, not to Largest Wolpy.)
http://blog.andreahawksley.com/fibonacci-lemonade/

Some Ways to Time

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”