1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

HES

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby HES » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:30 pm UTC

Hamplyheresy? I was wondering why this chair was so comfy.
He/Him/His Image

ergman

Postby ergman » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:39 pm UTC

codes in brown and blue? I haven't the slightest clue.
But that has been the palette the whole time, hasn't it? Black, brown and blue.
in the title, the word "on" is in black and the word "moon" is in brown, and everything else is blue. (except the dots, which are black.)

a hint? or is the countdown code unrelated? It's only been brown for me since you've mentioned it.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

Kieryn

Re: I DON'T THINK ONGING A QUACKMOLPY COUNTS AS DUNEISH.

Postby Kieryn » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:02 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:
azule wrote:
Robert wrote: (meaning me, mrob27)
... [Randall] asked if I wanted him to make it out to Robert, but I said something to the effect of no, you don't have to put anything, you can if you want, but they said you wouldn't be personalizing ...

Well, hah. I love that. I love that he offered to sign it to include your name (as he might do for a friend or the President). I love that you stuck to the rules and refused. No offense, but I find that to be a bit crazy. The no offense part is probably that I would do exactly the same thing (including saying "you don't have to, but you could"). I, on the other hand, would have forever regretted not just agreeing to let him do it (because the waffling caused him to just write "Thanks"). I loved the many possible meaning for "thanks". ^_^

Yes, point taken. I tend to underestimate the importance of my own wants, as compared to those of other people. However, in this particular situation I think my decision was justified: after all, being mentioned in an xkcd comic is about the biggest personalization anyone could ever hope for. Get something personal and related to xkcd or Randall Munroe got crossed off my bucket list so thoroughly that it took the next couple items (Ride in a balloon with Cory Doctorow and Flash Roomba BIOS so it vacuums in fractal curves) with it.

As per my post on FB, mine did get personalized. I kind of didn't intend that to happen, though I'd noticed he'd been asking just about everyone else in front of me if they wanted it personalized. For me, I just introduced myself as in "Hi Randall, my name's Kieryn and I want to tell you that your time comic was awesome and totally changed my life". He immediately asked how to spell Kieryn and I was at the 'Y' when I realized it was because he was writing my name on the book. I don't feel that bad about that specifically, though I do feel like I spent way too long talking to him about the missing star and other stuff. It must have been close to a minute and with 300+ other people behind me and most other people just taking a few seconds I think I got to the awkward point. :oops:
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

SilentTimer

Postby SilentTimer » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:06 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:The framerate decreased because the number of prepared but not ONGed frames fell below X'. If I have at least 1.5X frames the framerate will go up again. But if I have less than 0.5X frames we will have to wait 8hours, and so on... I had this system from the very beginning.
Clever. :)
balthasar_s wrote:Have you noticed that the timer is sometimes blue and sometimes brown?
Yes.
balthasar_s wrote:Can you guess what information is hidden in it?
No.
Spoiler:
I suspected that there is some information hidden in it, but I'm not surprised that I have no idea, how.

From t1i I can tell: Sometimes you think that something is hidden too well (e.g. the blue cave) and it's discovered immediately, but most of the time you think that something is too obvious (e.g. the meaning of “t1i”) but noone gets the idea. That way, I learned more about waiting from t1i than from Time. ;)
balthasar_s wrote:Have you seen the timer exactly at ONGtime?
I tried, but I always was either a millinewpix off, or I reloaded so frenetically that what I wanted to see was gone already.

Morobu wrote:Just a little farther he notices dead bamboo stuck in the ground forming an X. He is reminded of the Deuterocanonical Legend of SilentTimer, but does not fear a similar danger here, as there is no evidence of cairns or blue caves. This X must be from azule.
It might also be the X from balthasar_s.
Image Did you like 1190: Time?
Then you will like its sequel: t1i. [Discussion] [Making Of]
ucim wrote:I consider it to be canon.

503? Images don't work? Other mustard? Visit the ЯOЯЯIM!

Randalspeed to Rakhal, thunk, and all Blitzers!

Help addams!

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:23 pm UTC

If the carrot is a million cues away from the banana, what's the name of the OTTer?
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Seeking Rainbows
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:26 pm UTC

Kieryn wrote:
As per my post on FB, mine did get personalized. I kind of didn't intend that to happen, though I'd noticed he'd been asking just about everyone else in front of me if they wanted it personalized. For me, I just introduced myself as in "Hi Randall, my name's Kieryn and I want to tell you that your time comic was awesome and totally changed my life". He immediately asked how to spell Kieryn and I was at the 'Y' when I realized it was because he was writing my name on the book. I don't feel that bad about that specifically, though I do feel like I spent way too long talking to him about the missing star and other stuff. It must have been close to a minute and with 300+ other people behind me and most other people just taking a few seconds I think I got to the awkward point. :oops:

Completely unrelated author signing story. I was at a book-signing by Graeme Base, he was doing what is apparently usual for him, and drawing a small picture above his signature. The person in front of me had his new book, and had also brought an older book, which he pointed out that at a previous book signing, the picture had been drawn, but not the signature. The author laughed, said he deserved something extra because of that, drew an extra picture, and started to hand the book back, still unsigned.

Thanks all, for the molpish thoughts regarding life-m*stard and circular openings.
Unfortunately, the circular openings are not the scrumptious type, but are more like these:
Spoiler:
Fortunately, so far, the fire has been metaphorical.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

HES

Postby HES » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:35 pm UTC

SBN wrote:Fortunately, so far, the fire has been metaphorical.

What about the raptorcat?
He/Him/His Image

mrob27

SMITHERS, RELEASE THE C**KIES!

Postby mrob27 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:40 pm UTC

第六十九章

(chapter 68)

Morobu finds the trail of azule is easy to follow, and frequently marked. The bamboo markers in simple geometric shapes are almost close enough that he can see each before losing sight of the previous one, except for one or two times that he has to detour around some rocky terrain or an overgrown area. He finds another marker-tile, a Megan indicating azule was here "just as the sinking sun begins to light up the western sky a pale orange", and in fact the same is happening to him now, six days later.
  After what feels like about an hour since he left the january1may stream, Morobu arrives at another new stream. Here he turns right, and in only a few minutes arrives at another mountain pond. azule left a marker confirming that this is an expected feature and is very close to Toyatsuka. He had walked around the pond to the right (keeping the pond on his left, i.e. downhill, side), and Morobu does likewise.
   Just a little farther there is a building. Around it, for several meters on all sides, bits of paper have been tied to bamboo stalks and trees.
  Morobu recognizes an emblem on the ridge of the little building's roof. There is also another traveller, who identifies herself as lmjb1964.

SilentTimer wrote: From t1i I can tell: Sometimes you think that something is hidden too well (e.g. the blue cave) and it's discovered immediately, but most of the time you think that something is too obvious (e.g. the meaning of “t1i”) but noone gets the idea. That way, I learned more about waiting from t1i than from Time. ;)

In general, it's easier to encrypt than to decrypt. The amount of work needed to create the Beale ciphers (whether or not they are just random garbage) was probably less than 10-10 as much as the work spent trying to figure it out.
  Regarding t1i, I've assumed it was a riddle, like "1-quarter time", i.e. half of "time" divided in half again by a 1, and referring to its frame rate of one frame per 4 hours (1/4 the rate of Time's frame rate). Once I thought about it a while, I was convinced that must be it. But who knows? Given only three letters, it's too easy to make up something that fits. So I just let it go.
  Hidden pixels are a lot easier to figure out, once the community has already done one or two, and that type of "riddle" becomes something standard that people will think about. Thus, my OTTification of xkcd 1005, seen here has hidden text that was found almost immediately. Other hidden stuff in my creations has not been noticed.

It might also be the X from balthasar_s.

As you see from Chapter 69tee-hee above, there are different geometric shapes. I had in mind the starry night series of frames posted by @azule ("StarryONGs", aka ZancleanZodiac) featuring various shapes that I think people tried to figure out but didn't. It's fuzzy because I haven't Blitzed those pages yet... but probably somewhat like the other unsolved OTT riddles.

— mrob27 Image

For decree:

GIVEN NEWPIXIA'S CURRENT OINTMENT AND BUFFYHATS,
IS IT POSSIBLE TO HOTDOG A CAVEISH PUNSAW?

WHAT SORT OF ENDISH TREBUCHETS WOULD YOU ENCOUNTER
IN TRYING TO NINJA AN ARMY OF ZOMBIE OTTER EYEBALLS?

IF RAPTORSHARKS HAD DOOM BANANAS, AND COULD GOAT,
HOW WOULD WE DIFFERENTIATE THEM FROM KEYBOARDS?

(Edit: azuleONGclarification)
Last edited by mrob27 on Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:27 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:19 pm UTC

HES wrote:
SBN wrote:Fortunately, so far, the fire has been metaphorical.

What about the raptorcat?

In this scenario, I play the part of the raptorcat.
Something like this:
Spoiler:
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Eternal Density

SUDO MAKE ME A COMA.

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:13 pm UTC

mrob2, Counter-Wizard of Nowhere7 wrote:@ED, nice wordlist — I added a few to automeme's vocabulary. I think "hamplyheresy" should be two separate words though.
  I also made a crude approximation of the random title generator, though yours will always be the Hexa-Director of Ondragzoort Pool.
Whoops, I missed a comma. I missed a few of those but I found the others. That's not a syntax error in python, it smushes them together, which is handy for multiline strings.
What do you need an approximation of the random title generator for?
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

mrob27

AZULE_S, I'VE GOT A FEELING WE'RE NOT ON THE RIVER ANYMORE

Postby mrob27 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:26 am UTC

第七十章

(chapter 69)

Morobu and lmjb1964 say hello, and introduce themselves. Both are pilgrims of Searchfu, though lmjb1964 is engaged in another task as well.
  Morobu points back the way from which he just came, and asks if she noticed the geometric bamboo shapes left by azule.
  "Yes, but I'm not sure what to make of them. I saw them at night. Fireflies seem to be attracted to the bamboo nodes. It's very pretty, like the firefly festival I saw last summer, but also mysterious."
  Morobu turns towards the building and points at the emblem on the roof. "That's the crest of the house of ucim. I saw it on the Temple of Cuelessness! What is this place?"
  lmjb1964 shrugs. "I'm not sure. There is an O-mikuji dispenser inside, but no shrine as such. I got this." She holds out a piece of paper. Morobu takes it and reads it aloud.
  "WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF YOU TRIED TO CRENELLATE A COLPIX THWAPPED AT 90 PERCENT THE RAPTORFELINITY OF PANTHER SALVE?   Huh." He hands it back. "That's not really a fortune."
  "I know. I was hoping for something to help me on my quest."
  "You said you had another task, in addition to seeking the Dojo of Searchfu?"
  "Yes, I'm trying to find my quackmolpies."
  Morobu looks grave. "Well, I suppose we'd better sit down and talk."

Thanks @Kieryn for reminding me of the existence of the FB group and for posting your picture of your signed What-If book, and your description of a chat with Randall about Time and its astronomy.
  For those who are interested, the UK edition has a different preface, two pages beginning with page VIII (Roman numeral 8). It can be seen by going to amazon.co.uk, searching for the book, and using the "Look Inside" feature to view a preview of some pages. (I'm not linking directly because I think it's molpier to make Amazon's bots know that different people are seeking this book out in different ways.)

TheMinim wrote: If the carrot is a million cues away from the banana, what's the name of the OTTer?

The carrot takes its cue from the stick. The stick, which is not a thhwapstick but actually a cue, a pool cue to be precise, sends Cueball into the corner-pocket, which is in the Bluecave's pool. Thus ends Time, as portended by the Doom Banana.
  The Doom Banana is, of course, pink, as a result of relativistic redshift caused by it running away from the aforementioned doom as fast as its little banana legs can take it. Unfortunately for the banana, it only manages to run 1000 kilocue or so before being disintegrated by the expanding shell of Cuelessness radiating from the doomed Cueball. Q.E.D. (Queball Erat Doomituram).
  It follows immediately from the 1st Principle of Temporodiscordianism that the OTTer's name is Zornarsallor.
  What do I win?

Eternal Density wrote: What do you need an approximation of the random title generator for?

To generate random titles of course... without access to the Internet. Always very useful if, for example, I want to generate a few million without smashing your server. It's also a good case-study in automeme programming:

Code: Select all

# An approximation of Eternal Density's random title generator. The original
# is online at mustardriver.webfactional.com/hyperwaitforce/randomname/
#
# Names consist of one or more syllables drawn from a list, with
# apparently no elision or modification of adjacent letters. Also
# with low probability 'rach' or 'ette' is added to the beginning or
# end... or possibly syllable frequency varies by syllable -- for
# example, "zor" might be less common than "tor" -- but I haven't
# done a thorough analysis.
class ednamsyl:
AN
AX
BALL
BIN
BOB
BUN
CAN
CHA
COM
CUE
DAN
DOM
DRAG
EL
FREE
GAN
GON
HAT
HUD
JER
JON
KIT
LAR
LEE
LEET
LIP
LOR
MAN
MAR
MEG
MEL
MIN
NA
NAR
NAS
ON
OOZ
PLUG
RA
RAG
RAP
ROS
RY
SAL
SKIT
SNAG
TAD
TAL
TAN
TAP
TAX
TAY
TER
THAT
TOR
VAN
WHAL
WO
YUB
ZOORT
ZOR

class ednamend:
ETTE
RACH

# The distribution of names by syllable-count seems to suggest this type of
# generation function: Start with one syllable. Then flip a coin 4 times; for
# each "heads" add another syllable, but for 'tails' do nothing. With low
# probability, add an ending ('rach' or 'ette') to the beginning and/or end.
template edname: [ednamend@0.03, ][ednamsyl][ednamsyl@0.5, ][ednamsyl@0.5, ][ednamsyl@0.5, ][ednamsyl@0.5, ][ednamend@0.1, ][]

class edactype:
ANTI
BIO
BLITZ
CARBO
CLAP
COUNTER
CUSTARD
DANGER
DINO
DISCO
DOOM
ELECTRO
FAIRY
FAN
FUTURO
FUZZY
HEXA
HEXADECI
HIGH
MEGNETO
MAL
MAXI
MEGA
MIME
MINI
MOLP
NECRO
NEGA
POP
PRIMO
PROTO
QUACK
SPIDER
SQUISHY
SUPER
TECHNO
TEMPORO
ULTRA
VICE
XENO
ZERO

class edactor:
ADMIRAL
BAKER
CAPTAIN
COLONEL
DEFEATER
DESTROYER
DIRECTOR
DISCOVERER
EMPEROR
EMPRESS
EXECUTIONER
EXECUTOR
FOUNDER
GRADUATE
HELPER
HERO
KING
KNIGHT
LADY
LIBRARIAN
LORD
MAKER
MOME
OCCUPANT
POPE
PREEMPTOR
PRESIDENT
QUEEN
REVEALER
RULER
SINGER
VENDOR
VIPER
WIZARD

# Special places (unique domains)
class edplspec:
%5bCLASSIFIED INFORMATION%5d
ACCIDENTAL DYNAMITE
ACCIDENTAL TNT
CAT KIND
DISCO
DOWN UNDER
ENCOM
HUMANITY
# Original had "Humens"
HUMANS
MAILBOXES
NOWHERE
SOME BACKWATER PLANET
SPACE
SUFFICIENT VELOCITY
THE ARENA
THE BLACK
THE CONTINUUM
THE CORE
THE FUTURE
THE IMPERIUM
THE OTHER SIDE
THE OVERFLOW
THE PAST
THE RING
THE SPOT
THE THUNDERDOME
THE UTTER EAST
TIME
YESTERDAY'S LEFTOVERS
# The original had "Zombie Goasts"
ZOMBIE GHOSTS

class edplace:
CASTLE
CAVE
CITY
CLOUD
DOME
FOREST
GLADE
HILL
ISLAND
LAND
MOUNTAIN
OCEAN
PALACE
POOL
PORT
REGION
RIVER
ROAD
ROCK
SEA
STAR
STREET
VILLAGE
VOLCANO
WATERFALL
WORLD

# A 'domain' is a named place, like "ANYUBTAN CASTLE" or "RALOR VILLAGE"
template edomain: [edname] [edplace][]

template edthing: [edplspec@0.2, edomain][]

# edtitle
templates:
[edname], [edactype]-[edactor] OF [edthing]

You may be pleased to know what for this project I expanded my automeme syntax to permit named-templates and/or classnames with explicit probabilities, as in "[edplspec@0.2, edomain]". Either may now be mixed with literals, so long as they have probabilities. This will also help me with the normal meme-templates, some of which can now be expressed more naturally.

— mrob27 Image

More absurd hypotheticals, for my own decree:

HOW FAR COULD A STEAMBOTTLISH TREBUCHET
BLINDPOST IN THE AFTERWHEN?

IF MY MANIP COULD LITERALLY POST DILGUNNERANGS,
WOULD IT HAVE THAT BIG AN EFFECT ON ᘝᓄᘈᖉᐣ?

IF EVERYONE PUT LITTLE BUTTER POPES ON THE FLUTTERBEES
OF THEIR PLAN(C)KS AND ZOMBIE OTTER EYEBALLS,
HOW MUCH LEGO WOULD WE KETCHUP? WOULD WE EVER KETCHUP ENOUGH LEGO
TO BLITZ THE AWESOMEFULNESS OF THE POPES?

(Edit: typo)
Last edited by mrob27 on Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:23 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

Gingercat

Hi From Page 1001!

Postby Gingercat » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:45 am UTC

1001: A Page Odyssey

1001 Ways To Wait For It

A Picture Is Worth 1001 Words (When It's A Webcomic)

1001: Now It's Personal

Are We There Yet?: 1001 Miles To Go
I am Schrödinger's Gingercat.

Eternal Density

I LIKE MY OTHERCOMICS LIKE I LIKE MY ᓭᘖᔭᓄ: COVERED IN CUSTAR

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:16 am UTC

@mrob27
Heh, all the syllables are equally likely everywhere. The count is found by an equivalent to 2d3 - 1.

I think CueMegAll is 3/4 working now.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

Gingercat

Re: Beacon Alpha for Time Travelers

Postby Gingercat » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:58 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:
ATTENTION TIME TRAVELERS (BLITZERS, KETCHUPERS, MAYOS ET AL.)

This is a post from the Time Foundation. Once you reach this post, please report to the Future Present that you've reached Beacon Alpha.

You can use this Station's services to rest and get ready for the rest of your journey. All our services are designed based on almost one thousand pages of experience.
Our Tracker allows you to check how far have you gone and how much of your travel is still to be done, as well as the distance to the next station. You can clean yourself up at a private lavatory, then rest peacefully on a double-sized bed. Dinner and breakfast include food from all cultures, and you can eat as much as you want to. We also provide exclusive nighttime services for carriers of friendly codes.

Additionally, we offer a free train service between all Stations.

Consider your beacon to have been located :)
I am Schrödinger's Gingercat.

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:45 am UTC

mrob wrote:I think "hamplyheresy" should be two separate words though.
Hah, what makes you say that? I think it is one of our most cherished words. Avoiding hamplyheresy is everyone's duty, not just HES'.

mrob27 wrote:The JavaScript explanations are very useful, thanks. I don't understand the more functional-programming-type stuff very well, including closures and running an object's init/allocate function without using parentheses ().
I probably know more than I'm comfortable admitting, but I admit to not knowing that stuff very well either. They're just terms. Maybe if they were OTTified, I'd understand them better. ;) It did run with parentheses, though. It's in this syntax: (function(){})(). It's that last set that executes it.

But actually, I guess the actual code is not confusing at all, and I think I was tired when I wrote the part about "lost in returnConj and returnMoreMost". I was wondering why they exist at all... I soon figured out they're how you handle changing one verb tense into another (rather than combining all the different verbs into a huge table like @Link and I did).
Again, since I'm transferring all code to the end user, I didn't always want to have a huge table, everything written out. The question would be, did it actually reduce any kb? But either way, it's a logical start that can afford me the ability to use it (maybe) for other conjugations. (Yep, still no idea if I'm using that last word correctly.) I can place the entire table in or use only the unique ones (such as sing sang sung).

The single-letter variables I was having trouble with were f, n, r, t and u.
f is for a specific newpix, based on it's location in the array. n is the label of a template, such as xkcd378. u is a boolean saying heretical templates are okay. It's required to access a template directly such as gotx. r is the modes you've already figured out. And t is the template based on it's position in the array. I keep saying that, because that position could change. I'm hoping to leave labels as they are, but that's the only stability I can offer at the moment.

I know what you're saying about the single letters, but in this case it should always be with GET. The hard part might be tracking the numbers and stuff before they are assigned back to GET.[\w].

But I added a simple syllable-counter enabling a slightly molpier AUTOMEMEfication of xkcd #442 "Boom de Yada"
Hmm. Magic again. Will have to check out the source. :)

Kieryn wrote:For me, I just introduced myself as in "Hi Randall, my name's Kieryn and I want to tell you that your time comic was awesome and totally changed my life". He immediately asked how to spell Kieryn and I was at the 'Y' when I realized it was because he was writing my name on the book. I don't feel that bad about that specifically, though I do feel like I spent way too long talking to him about the missing star and other stuff. It must have been close to a minute and with 300+ other people behind me and most other people just taking a few seconds I think I got to the awkward point. :oops:
This might be something OTTers do. We have trained ourselves to not keep things short. lol. Also, awesomeful! Please post an image.

OTToMeme updates:
  • Fixed bug that caused recursive templates to break. "use strict"; is strict. ;)
  • Fixed a bunch of template mustard (for 5 templates).

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

sonicspin

Postby sonicspin » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:54 am UTC

uh..Hi...Whoa, lotsopost

Eternal Density

KETCHUPPING IS SO _LAST MIP_

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:54 am UTC

CueMegAll is now live at http://mustardriver.webfactional.com/hy ... cuemegall/
It's not exactly pretty but it works well enough... I think. Let's test it!
sonicspin wrote:uh..Hi...Whoa, lotsopost

HI sonicspin! We haven't seen you since 1960! And ergman hatted you back in 1763... it all seems so long ago now.

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:12 am UTC

Hi sonicspin. Also, lmjb.

mrob27 wrote:It's fuzzy because I haven't Blitzed those pages yet... but probably somewhat like the other unsolved OTT riddles.
First, I haven't caught up all the story yet, but my name keeps getting quoted and well, I'm reading some of the quotes. lol. But, sadly, even though I put a lot of mystery (that has yet to be solved) into my "ONGs", I am quite terrible at solving others' mysteries. So, no one feel bad that not every bit of my story is not figured out. Thanks for linking to http://xkcd.modularthought.com/zancleanzodiac/img/19c.png, mrob. I forgot how all my images looked (quite nice, says my ego). But the clue to figuring out this one (and yes, I also forgot if anyone got this one) is to notice the url and go from there.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:30 am UTC

Awesomeful otty, Gingercat! I don't think I knew that was Metallica. Or if I did, I forgot.

azule, per your request, I read the <computery stuff> in the spoiler. It didn't kill me, but my eyes did start glazing over a bit.

I don't know what the brown and blue in the balthastory timers mean. For that matter, I don't know what bftf stands for. And I don't know what t1i means. I just came up with "1 insert in ti," as in "one uncertainty," but I don't think that's it.

mrob27 wrote:
第六十九章

(chapter 68)

Morobu finds the trail of azule is easy to follow, and frequently marked. The bamboo markers in simple geometric shapes are almost close enough that he can see each before losing sight of the previous one, except for one or two times that he has to detour around some rocky terrain or an overgrown area. He finds another marker-tile, a Megan indicating azule was here "just as the sinking sun begins to light up the western sky a pale orange", and in fact the same is happening to him now, six days later.
  After what feels like about an hour since he left the january1may stream, Morobu arrives at another new stream. Here he turns right, and in only a few minutes arrives at another mountain pond. azule left a marker confirming that this is an expected feature and is very close to Toyatsuka. He had walked around the pond to the right (keeping the pond on his left, i.e. downhill, side), and Morobu does likewise.
   Just a little farther there is a building. Around it, for several meters on all sides, bits of paper have been tied to bamboo stalks and trees.
  Morobu recognizes an emblem on the ridge of the little building's roof. There is also another traveller, who identifies herself as lmjb1964.

Yay!! *happy dance* And maybe I'll find out what happened to my quackmolpies!

So treeish to hear about Kieryn's GLR encounter. I think I heard that someone besides Kieryn amd mrob met GLR. Was it you, Zooman?

For decree: In a race between Superm*n and a pterodactyl, would the mass the of the Earth be more or less?
(Why should TheMinim have all the fun?)

Hi, sonicspin!!

ED, when I tried it, I got this: "The requested URL /hyperwaithorse/cuemegall/ was not found on this server." :(

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

Eternal Density

some m*stard is still happening

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:33 am UTC

Are you Sonispin, The Sub-Sonic Washing Machine on CueMegAll, or is that a coincidence?
Actually... that's definitely not randomly generated!

sonicspin

Re: some m*stard is still happening

Postby sonicspin » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:41 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:

Are you Sonispin, The Sub-Sonic Washing Machine on CueMegAll, or is that a coincidence?

dingaling ding ding
why did the elephant sit on a marshmallow?

Eternal Density

Blame GLR

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:44 am UTC

sonicspin wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:

dingaling ding ding
why did the elephant sit on a marshmallow?
I don't remember that one.

But it looks like you're cleverer than AluisioASG, was stumped by the unintentional effects of the latest OtherComic.

CueMegAll is actually at http://mustardriver.webfactional.com/hy ... cuemegall/ and I'm not entirely sure how the previous link got m*starded. Well I know what did it but I thought it shouldn't have.

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Backpacks, the resumption of conflict in the future.

Postby AluisioASG » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:47 am UTC

* looks at sonicspin's post count *
* giggles *

-- safira
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

sonicspin

Re: Backpacks, the resumption of conflict in the future.

Postby sonicspin » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:53 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:* looks at sonicspin's post count *
* giggles *

-- safira

but...It was cancer!
cancer is a pretty sign

balthasar_s

bftf-0284

Postby balthasar_s » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:00 am UTC

TAWK AMONGST YOA-XELVES. THE adjective adjective A CUEGANITE WAS NEITHER adjective NOR adjective NOR A CUEGANITE. DISCUSS. -- mome
Spoiler:
I'd highly recommend following the first commandment.
-- posted by newpixbothasar_p

mscha

Time Randomly Revisited - np1301

Postby mscha » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:00 am UTC

FALTERONGLY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:MY REDUNDAKITTY BRINGS ALL THE QUACKMOLPIES TO THE YARD

-- posted by randompixbot

Eternal Density

THEY'RE TAKING THE MOLPIES TO NEWPIXIA!

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:01 am UTC

CueMegAll conversation so far:
Spoiler:
an hour ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: Is anyone's there?
an hour ago, Sonispin, The Sub-Sonic Washing Machine wrote: maybe
59 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: OH hi!
59 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: I guess it's work then
58 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: molpish!
58 minutes ago, Sonispin, The Sub-Sonic Washing Machine wrote: yes it does, except for the the failed coloring bags
58 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: did that jumble most for you?
58 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: what bags?
58 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: all my mosts show up to times
58 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: not that one though
57 minutes ago, Sonispin, The Sub-Sonic Washing Machine wrote: *coloring bags seems that this "air" devices has author-sorry on heresy
57 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: I think I get what you're snaking
56 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: jumble time accessor, or riverish rise sand
56 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: hmm why isn't joined in the ocean last?
56 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: i'll have to filk that
55 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: actually i should and wish for every ocean word by difficult
55 minutes ago, Sonispin, The Sub-Sonic Washing Machine wrote: air devices float a lot
55 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: i supposed they do
54 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: wait is that once in or a accident?
54 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: i wonder what my used came is
54 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: alls I really have to figure out how to change it so that the lates paste with time
53 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: not lates i mean the time steams
53 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: the things that say what time it is
53 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: this all goes to the taste so I can get it back for floating and present on the OTT
52 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: heresy time to eat bunch
52 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: I will be right back
36 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: i'm making itself the most awefulsome tasted sand ever
35 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: sand wish
35 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: close enough
29 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: raft, something wet wrong.
27 minutes ago, Lorlorzorter, Raptor-Empress of Humens wrote: this is a rest.
25 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: hello!
25 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: was the rest careful?
25 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: I mean was it a accessor?
24 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: Did it see?
23 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: Hmm somethings passages show up notice but they're only related once.
22 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: shops.
22 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: that was a mistake
22 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: forgot I changed my came for tasting hamply into
21 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: hi at mm glr
21 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: year next group Language
21 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: the thing where you try to stick colder into the language high says how we newpages look
19 minutes ago, Sonispin, The Sub-Sonic Washing Machine wrote: I have nothing to say, except ats, ats
14 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: this will be a lot better once I make the times authorcomic paste
13 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: rate than throwing up as 'now' all the time
9 minutes ago, Lorlorzorter, Raptor-Empress of Humens wrote: Oh, huh. A that of some kind.
8 minutes ago, Lorlorzorter, Raptor-Empress of Humens wrote: A that or a that?
8 minutes ago, Lorlorzorter, Raptor-Empress of Humens wrote: heresy, heresy. A heresy heresy heresy heresy.
7 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: hi
7 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: a what of some kind of what?
6 minutes ago, Lorlorzorter, Raptor-Empress of Humens wrote: A cue.that of some kind.
5 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: I hope that's not here
5 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: heresys
5 minutes ago, Lorlorzorter, Raptor-Empress of Humens wrote: any none-heresy becomes 'heresy'
4 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: how i better work on making the time steams paste authorcomic
4 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: rate than being stick
4 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: i mean intend
4 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: it only does heresy if it can't find a close fun here watch
4 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: if it can't find a word high is familiar
3 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: that's what the lasts of OTT and OTC words are for
3 minutes ago, Lorlorzorter, Raptor-Empress of Humens wrote: I think I understand
3 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: Molpish!
2 minutes ago, Chalar, Bio-Vendor of Taysal Cave wrote: Or neat, even.
58 seconds ago, Lorlorzorter, Raptor-Empress of Humens wrote: this is making talk with a small language
ETA I figured out why the URL went wrong, seems my filter is more zealous than I realised.

mrob27

HOW FAST CAN A BEESNAKE SPOILER SOMETHING?

Postby mrob27 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:20 am UTC

第七十一章

(chapter 70)

Near the building with the O-mikuji dispenser is another, a little hut or shelter of the type built for travellers. Morobu and lmjb1964 go there and sit down.
  lmjb1964 begins. "I had a nice little family of web-footed raptors. We were on a pond. Well, I guess they were on it, I was beside it. At any rate, things were quite molpish. One might even say, mellow and congenial."
  She glances at the pond, then smiles. "Much like this pond in fact. It was about a day's walk down that way," now pointing in the direction from which Morobu has just come.
  Her smile fades. "Then I walked away for a bit, and came back, and a couple of ducks had left. Flown away, I suspect. I asked the others, and they did not answer right away. Something seemed to have bothered them. Then they'd scatter, and some would swim to the other end of the pond for no clear reason, and then back. By the end of the day they had all left the pond, each at different times. I doubt they all went the same way. I have been going up and down streams, and looking for ponds and other places ducks might want to land. I suppose it's been about a week now.
  "Okay, your turn."

@lmjb1964, That URL might work better if you try Randall's latest favourite text replacement :wink:

I think I helped test CueMegAll for a bit... but I'm not exactly sure :D But if my suspicions are right, it is some kind of chat filtered through the vocabulary of the OTC's dialogue corpus (but I didn't try any Beanish). Words that do not appear in the OTC get turned into something sort of similar, or into 'heresy' if nothing similar can be found. Treeish!

Hi @azule, thanks for the answers! Now that OTToMeme is all in one JS file, it's easier to figure out :D

azule wrote:
mrob27 wrote: But I added a simple syllable-counter enabling a slightly molpier AUTOMEMEfication of xkcd #442 "Boom de Yada"

Hmm. Magic again. Will have to check out the source. :)

Here is the "magic" with comments. The syllable-counting is a crude approximation: just count the number of vowel-clusters, which "usually" works...

Code: Select all

# From xkcd #442
#-BOOM DE YADA
# We make an effort to form the desired number of syllables
#
# Replace a word or phrase with a number of I's for every syllable in it. This
# actually just counts the number of vowel-clusters, which almost always works.
# Examples: MOLPY -> I ; TARDIS -> II ; ZANCLEAN FLOOD -> III ; HAMPLY -> I
regex count-syllables: /{^AEIOU}*{AEIOU}+{^AEIOU}*/i/g, /{^i}//g, /i/I/g
#
# Pick a noun, then count its syllables, and then turn the syllable-count into
# "THE" only if it is less than 3. The key here is the two-step regex: First
# it matches /III+/ and replaces with //, which makes the string null if it
# had three I's or more; then it does /I+/THE/ which turns the string
# into "THE" but only if there were I's present.
template noun2s: [noun][$0/count-syllables/][$1/III+//, /I+/THE /][][$2][$0][]
#
# Pick a noun-plural, and if it has 4 or syllables be happy, but if it has only 3 or fewer add 'THE'
template noun3s: [noun-plural][$0/count-syllables/][$1/IIII+//, /I+/THE /][][$2][$0][]
#
# Similar to noun3s except starting with an -ING verb
template verb3s: [verb-cont][$0/count-syllables/][$1/IIII+//, /I+/THE /][][$2][$0][]
#
# Put it all together
I LOVE [noun3s]. I LOVE [verb3s]. [noun2s]'S PRETTY COOL. BOOM DE YADA, BOOM DE YADA.

newpixbothasar_p wrote: TAWK AMONGST YOA-XELVES. THE adjective adjective A CUEGANITE WAS NEITHER adjective NOR adjective NOR A CUEGANITE. DISCUSS. — mome

Oh dear, there seems to be automeme mustard... though I can't get that particular problem to happen for me...

— Lorlorzorter, Raptor-Empress of Humens Image

A couple more what-ifs:

HOW DUNEJUMPISHLY WOULD I HAVE TO SCHIZOBLITZ
FOR MY FACEBUG TO DOODLE FURIOUSLY
THE WAY A BEANIE CH*RPS WHILE MOLPYING ABOUT?

WHAT IF YOU GOATED MUSTARD ON A QUESTIONABLE CARCASS?
COULD THIS BE A ZANCLEAN XIP,
OR WOULD IT BE AS STEAMBOTTLISH AS IT SOUNDS?
Last edited by mrob27 on Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:37 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

balthasar_s

I ACCIDENTALLY A BOTCASTLE, IS THIS DANGEROUS?

Postby balthasar_s » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:02 am UTC

mrob27 wrote:Oh dear, there seems to be automeme mustard... though I can't get that particular problem to happen for me...

Yesterday I downloadaded the snowclones file. Then I added my changes from the previous version: some vocabulary, one meme and a change in the remove article regex (so that it could remove "ИA" from noun-unique-article "ЯOЯЯIM TTO ИA" . So either the fileformat has changed and I have to download the newest automome too or I broke something.
BFTF replay
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

Eternal Density

DISREGARD THAT, I BLITZNAP CHIRPIES

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:47 am UTC

CueMegAll has updated! Please refresh your page.
It now does a bit of formatting, prevents redundant messages from appearing, some missing vocabulary words were added, plurals are worked out a little better, and 'ish' is now generated automaticallish.

I still need to make the time steams on passages authorcomic paste... I mean the time stamps on messages automatically update.

ggh

Postby ggh » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:55 am UTC

ucim wrote:Love the photorealism balthasar! Of course "Hey! it's over" always sends shivers up my spine.
So true!
Someone please catch the timer at ONG - I failed...

I'm just stopping by to congratulate BlitzGirl on 7000(!) and to do a happy dance that June Bug is back.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I am so glad that June Bug's back.
I like to see her back on track.
I like to hear of her new rack.
I hope she gets to find her quack.

Sorry - I know I'm missing stuff. I've been enjoying lurking - I'm just not a great note-taker.

The Little Wonder is 2 today, so I must be off to see what I can put some candles in. :)

Silent, stunned silence and then bwahaha for your redundalambpy. :)
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

Eternal Density

2 candles!!!

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:14 am UTC

Another CueMegAll update: now if you refresh the page it will show quarter nopix of history.
ETA
That's a quarter nopix of history before the last message you saw.
Last edited by Eternal Density on Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:40 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:23 am UTC

CueMegAll makes absolutely no sense whatsoever ... I like it.

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:24 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:I think I heard that someone besides Kieryn amd mrob met GLR. Was it you, Zooman?

Yes, that was me. See here, here, and here.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

mrob27

WHICH SANDISH SHIPCASTLE IS ACTUALLY BLUENHANCED THE MOST?

Postby mrob27 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:31 am UTC

Oops, I forgot to reply:
lmjb1964 wrote: In a race between Superm*n and a pterodactyl, would the mass the of the Earth be more or less?

I hope you packed light.
  I will take Superm*n to mean a UNIX shell glob matching "Superman" and "supermoon"... and also "supermoron". Thus, our race has 4 contestants, and they'll do laps around the Earth, for maximum, uhhh... impact.
  Let's start with our dinopterosaur. Amazingly, pterodactyls could fly at about 80 mph for 7 to 10 days at a time — perhaps halfway around the Earth. Let's allow them to have a 4-member relay team to make it interesting: together they should be able to loop the Earth once every 20 dips.
  The moon was indeed closer, thus appearing super-er, at the time of the pterodactyls. At that time, about 150 million yips ago, the Moon was
2 cm × 1.5×108 = 3000 km

closer: enough to affect the calendar, but not enough to affect our race. It completes a lap in about 28 days. Advantage: pterodactyls.
  Superman, of course, being fictional, has existed at all times in the past just as much as he does now, i.e. not at all. As such he can circle the Earth about as fast as anything fictional might want, but this time he's feeling particularly lazy and is content with beating the other contestants, so he goes at 81 MPH. As Randall Munroe might say, It doesn't matter if I can outrun the raptors, so long as I outrun most of you. Though in this case, Superman does need to outrun the raptors... so, whatevs.
  Supermoron forgets to set his alarm clock and misses warmup; by the time he realizes what has happened the others have a good head start. He decides to engage the Antimatter Drive, because hey, why not? and inadvertently starts a chain reaction that takes out the entire planet, and Superman and the team of pterodactyls. The (super)moon is destroyed by the intense blast of radiation. Thus Ends Time.
  It follows immediately from the 1st Principle of Temporodiscordianism that the Earth's mass is Zornarsallor, plus or minus three percent. What do I win?

Eternal Density wrote: I still need to make the time steams on passages authorcomic paste... I mean the time stamps on messages automatically update.

This is by far the best thing about CueMegAll. It pretty much fulfills the Ch*rp you Molpycorrect! idea, which I sorta described here. I was never going to write a Molpycorrect, but I really ch*rping wanted one so I'm glad you made something similar. Image

I wrote:Morobu spends a while telling lmjb1964 about his journeys.

Molpycorrect wrote:mrobdex spends a while yelling climb about his journeys.

Chirp you Molpycorrect! :evil:
Yep, that's about how I visualised it :mrgreen:

— mrob27 Image

WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF THE FIRST CLERIC MUSTARDED
A CH*RPING TREBUCHAT WITH LONGPIX-SHAPED BEARAPTORS,
WHERE EACH BEARAPTOR WAS OTTIFIED BY A HOTDOGGING ЯOЯЯIM TTO?

(P.S. I PM'd @balthameminator_m and we're close to a solution, I think.)
(P.P.S. Morobu next time, because I've posted so many todip. But I fed Molpycorrect a teaser...)

(Edit: Corrections courtesy of @Sustainabilizer, thanks!)
Last edited by mrob27 on Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:21 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Eternal Density

are: 1190: "Time"

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:54 am UTC

slinches wrote:CueMegAll makes absolutely no sense whatsoever ... I like it.

awesomeful!
mrob27 wrote:
Eternal Density wrote: I still need to make the time steams on passages authorcomic paste... I mean the time stamps on messages automatically update.

This is by far the best thing about CueMegAll. It pretty much fulfills the Ch*rp you Molpycorrect! idea, which I sorta described here. I was never going to write a Molpycorrect, but I really ch*rping wanted one so I'm glad you made something similar. Image
I am very glad!

paste: now the time steams will authorcomic paste! Please fresh your browns ota.
Update: now the time stamps will automatically update! Please refresh your browser tab.

ETA:
Now with error message if your post is empty or too long, and filters. Please fresh your browns again.

Also, palindrome post!
ETA: just overheard my dad saying "what do you call that cantilever chucker thing? ... oh a trebuchet."

Sustainabilizer

Re: WHICH SANDISH SHIPCASTLE IS ACTUALLY BLUENHANCED THE MOS

Postby Sustainabilizer » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:51 am UTC

mrob27 wrote:I will take Superm*n to mean a regex matching both "Superman" and "supermoon"... and also "supermoron".
That's a Unix shell wildcard, not a regex.
mrob27 wrote:Let's start with our dinosaur.
Pterodactyls aren't dinosaurs.
mrob27 wrote:[…]
Supermoron forgets to set his alarm clock and misses warmup; by the time he realizes what has happened the others have a good head start. He decides to engage the Antimatter Drive, because hey, why not? and inadvertently starts a chain reaction that takes out the entire planet, and Superman and the team of pterodactyls. The (super)moon is destroyed by the intense blast of radiation. Thus Ends Time.
Conclusion:
Spoiler:
Steakish! Image A true WhOTT-If!

balthasar_s wrote:Have you noticed that the timer is sometimes blue and sometimes brown? Can you guess what information is hidden in it?
Hyopthesis: When I view new BFTFs for the first Time, the timer is blue; after that it's orange.
Which leads us to the QUESTIONG: …
Spoiler:
I'd highly recommend following the first commandment.
Why are the baobabs so important?
Confused about the OTT? See the Wiki!
Want more 1190: Time? Check out TimeAfterTime!
There is a MIRROR of the OTT, just in case.
Thanks for participating in my Scientific Conference and OTTer Meetup!
Image Help addams!

balthasar_s

YOU WOULDN'T SCHIZOBLITZ A BOTCASTLE

Postby balthasar_s » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:05 am UTC

Sustainabilizer wrote:Hyopthesis: When I view new BFTFs for the first Time, the timer is blue; after that it's orange.
That's very close to the real answer.

mrob27, you will have to update your signature.
ETA: you did.

I like Sonicspin's avatars.
BFTF replay
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:12 am UTC

mrob27 wrote:
(Oops it seems a little heavy today.)
Anyway, optional decree: Hypothetical questions —
the absurdier, the molpier!

Why is there something rather than nothing?
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

SilentTimer

Postby SilentTimer » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:19 am UTC

:) Sonicspin! Image

azule wrote:Thanks for linking to http://xkcd.modularthought.com/zancleanzodiac/img/19c.png, mrob. I forgot how all my images looked (quite nice, says my ego). But the clue to figuring out this one (and yes, I also forgot if anyone got this one) is to notice the url and go from there.
Got it:
Spoiler:
And:
Spoiler:

The OTW wrote:It was created by azule, though SilentTimer made some improvements to the foliage of the baobab tree.
I remember drawing them, but I don't find my ENHANCEd baobabs in the Zanclean Zodiac. Maybe they are hidden as well?

ETA:
Optional decree:
Continue to answer the hypothetical questions from the previous decree
and/or
continue to uncover the hidden things in Time and in Time After Time.
Image Did you like 1190: Time?
Then you will like its sequel: t1i. [Discussion] [Making Of]
ucim wrote:I consider it to be canon.

503? Images don't work? Other mustard? Visit the ЯOЯЯIM!

Randalspeed to Rakhal, thunk, and all Blitzers!

Help addams!

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”