1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

micdi

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby micdi » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:46 pm UTC

HES wrote:The ratio on the chart was wrong

also hats

Now I am wondering why you changed the capitalization.

Oh, poped.

Trying to think of a decree.
Last edited by micdi on Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:21 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Blitzing the OTT (hibernating).
Sometimes flickering into the Present.

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:07 pm UTC

HES wrote:The ratio on the chart was wrong

I, for one, welcome our new Beanie overlords pay more attention to molpies than grapevines (zoologist here). :wink:
Spoiler:
Last edited by ZoomanSP on Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:20 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

HES

Postby HES » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:16 pm UTC

micdi wrote:Now I am wondering why you changed the capitalization.

One was after a full stop, the other wasn't.

That or the molpies are undernourished due to lack of grapevines and have started stealing punctuation
He/Him/His Image

bmonk
Location: Schitzoed in the OTT between the 2100s and the late 900s. Hoping for singularity.

Postby bmonk » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:45 pm UTC

Maybe, it (punctuation!) is. just--waiting, around; to, over-take--a per-fect-ly: innocent: post?!?!

ETA: in the blitzing, I'm just up to the parallel drama of the attack by the raptorcat and Megan's injury and (in the OTT) the self-imposed exile of one (or two) of the Order of TimeWaiters.
Last edited by bmonk on Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:04 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Having become a Wizard on n.p. 2183, the Yellow Piggy retroactively appointed his honorable self a Temporal Wizardly Piggy on n.p.1488, not to be effective until n.p. 2183, thereby avoiding a partial temporal paradox. Since he couldn't afford two philosophical PhDs to rule on the title.

HES

Postby HES » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:52 pm UTC

As long as none of the parentheses are lonely.
He/Him/His Image

bmonk
Location: Schitzoed in the OTT between the 2100s and the late 900s. Hoping for singularity.

Postby bmonk » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:07 pm UTC

My parentheses (unless they (parenthesis go crazy!) are never unpaired, and so never lonely!

Not-so-deep Musings: do you suppose that, just as the occasional person has multiple personality disorder, a parenthesis can have singular personality disorder?
Having become a Wizard on n.p. 2183, the Yellow Piggy retroactively appointed his honorable self a Temporal Wizardly Piggy on n.p.1488, not to be effective until n.p. 2183, thereby avoiding a partial temporal paradox. Since he couldn't afford two philosophical PhDs to rule on the title.

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:11 pm UTC

Treeish OTTercomicking, ZoomanSP and HES! :D

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Did a precise date ever get worked out for the events of the OTC? I know a year more or less was, just wondering if a month was. I might potentially have a (probably incorrect, but amusing nonetheless) theory on the cause of the existence of the Beanies.

The OTW lists the current conclusion for the date of the night sky as April 10th, 13291.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:20 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Treeish OTTercomicking, ZoomanSP and HES! :D

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Did a precise date ever get worked out for the events of the OTC? I know a year more or less was, just wondering if a month was. I might potentially have a (probably incorrect, but amusing nonetheless) theory on the cause of the existence of the Beanies.

The OTW lists the current conclusion for the date of the night sky as April 10th, 13291.

Hmm. We should have an OTTer holiday every April 10th where we all go out and watch the night sky.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, Vytron, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

bmonk

Postby bmonk » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:21 pm UTC

taixzo wrote:

Hmm. We should have an OTTer holiday every April 10th where we all go out and watch the night sky.

All OTTers' Eve? The OTTer Vigil?

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:23 pm UTC

Never thought of commemorating the Long Night before. Image Molpish idea!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:43 pm UTC

bmonk wrote:
taixzo wrote:Hmm. We should have an OTTer holiday every April 10th where we all go out and watch the night sky.

All OTTers' Eve? The OTTer Vigil?
BlitzGirl wrote:Never thought of commemorating the Long Night before. Image Molpish idea!

A Knight Watch?
Spoiler:

:shock: Nowadips, that seems like a very profane post and decree, BlitzGirl! But since you have currently a RNM, it's probably fine to link to it.
Happy 7500 posts, BlitzGirl!
Spoiler:
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

bmonk

Postby bmonk » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:55 pm UTC

I do like the Long Night!

Yes, happy 7500, Blitzgirl! 8-)

micdi

Postby micdi » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:15 pm UTC

WOOO happy 7500!

Kinda seaish:
Spoiler:

RSIR:
Spoiler:
91970013 7500 bags.jpg

bmonk

Postby bmonk » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:25 pm UTC

We should have a reading of "The 7500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins Blitzgirl"!

ucim

Postby ucim » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:54 pm UTC

Congrats BlitzGirl! It's appropriate that you have 7500 posts at this point. 7500 is the squawk code for a hijacked airplane, and it's still undetermined whether or not the real BlitzGirl has been hijacked. Maybe this is a clue?

I'm also getting a bit worried about Kieryn. His Fractories has been on "next update in 11 days" for... well... a long time. Maybe it hasn't been eleven days yet and we just have to annoy TheMinim. But keep an eye out for a stray Kieryn!

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

bmonk

Re: om nom nom i want a divorce

Postby bmonk » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:10 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:Hope you don't mind recycled BlitzCake, and hope BlitzGirl doesn't mind sharing her, erm, husband?

It's true, I eloped with my cake. But like many such marriages, it was brief. I moved on, and we divorced around my 1100-post mark.

Congrats, Eternal Density! More cake:
Spoiler:

Can we still recycle cake from so long ago, back when Blitzgirl had a mere 1000 posts?

BlitzGirl

7501 - Slightly Belated Chirps

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:33 pm UTC

At this point it's difficult to find a RNM cake that does not exist on the OTT somewhere, so recycling's probably okay. :)

ZoomanSP wrote:
Spoiler:
:shock: Nowadips, that seems like a very profane post and decree, BlitzGirl! But since you have currently a RNM, it's probably fine to link to it.

Holy chirp, I didn't even realize that I was coming up on a Round Number Milestone! Chirpety chirp chirp! The "Landing" comic really boosted my count; I wasn't expecting to hit 7500 so soon!

Thank you everymolpy for the congrats and the cakes! Image
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:26 am UTC

Did everymolpy see the Lego chirpies?
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:58 am UTC

Baobabs, neat chirpies! The blue jayraptor is my favorite.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

bachaddict
Handel Played it Better

Postby bachaddict » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:04 am UTC

SBN wrote:Did everymolpy see the Lego chirpies?

I did. I wonder who actually follows Leg Godt. People who already follow Gizmodo? I get all my LEGO news from The Brothers Brick and Eurobricks.
slinches wrote:Also, the OTC isn't a disease. In fact, it's the cure. As we all know, Time heals all wounds.

Thanks for the molpish wig ggh!
he/him/his

taixzo

Re: 7501 - Slightly Belated Chirps

Postby taixzo » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:37 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:At this point it's difficult to find a RNM cake that does not exist on the OTT somewhere, so recycling's probably okay. :)

Obviously, we need ti bake them ourselves! Then take pictures ourselves. Then...eat them by ourselves, I guess.

Edit: also, new othercomic featuring raptorraptors.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, Vytron, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:00 am UTC

)
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

bftf-0489

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:00 am UTC

ONE QUACKMOLPY TO NINJA THEM ALL, ONE QUACKMOLPY TO FIND THEM / ONE QUACKMOLPY TO BRONG THEM ALL AND ON THE BEACH BIND THEM. -- automome
Spoiler:
I'd highly recommend following the first commandment.
-- posted by lmjbot

Eternal Density

MAXIMUM GRAPEVINES YIELDS MAXIMUM CHRONOTRANSPONDERS

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:21 am UTC

It's been over a third of a nopix and no one has pulled a new thing with a needle. I considered doing it but expected someone would beat me to it, plus I caused m*stard last time I tried.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:19 am UTC

Yes, the Otherthreads have been posted a bit later than usual lately. It's up now.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:46 am UTC

Thanks BlitzGirl. Sadly it's, not quite what I'd hoped. *goes away and modifies theory slightly*. Right, here we go:

Under what circumstances do large numbers of people start wearing hats? 1) The OTT happens. However, our hats here are too varied to all be classed as Beanies. 2) Everybody is trying to protect their minds by putting on tin foil hats. But the beanie hats don't look like they are made from tin foil, so not that either. My theory is that it is unseasonably cold due to a late winter, thus the people are trying to stay warm. Cuegan don't wear them since they are from a much lower lying area and thus the climate is much warmer. This idea came to me one morning on my way to work, when I spotted that everyone outside appeared to have suddenly started wearing them, including myself!

Congrats BlitzGirl on the RNM. Not that far now until the big 10000!
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

mscha

Time Randomly Revisited - np589

Postby mscha » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:00 am UTC

GOFFERONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:THANK YOU RANDOMPIXBOT, BUT OUR WOLPY IS IN ANOTHER NEWPIX

-- posted by randompixbot

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:42 am UTC

Well, apparently it is cooler up where the Beanies are, at least according to Cuegan.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:57 am UTC

bachaddict wrote:
SBN wrote:Did everymolpy see the Lego chirpies?

I did. I wonder who actually follows Leg Godt. People who already follow Gizmodo? I get all my LEGO news from The Brothers Brick and Eurobricks.

I'm sure I'm a disappointment, I usually hear Lego news via Facebook.

Be safe, travelers!
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:58 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Not that far now until the big 10000!

OH NO! Sweep the molpies and summon the...

...actually, that may be a ways off yet. Too early to clean the molpies because they'll just get dirty again.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:06 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:...actually, that may be a ways off yet..

That depends on what Randal has up his sleeve. Landing gave you what? over a hundred posts? What would happen if he started with an experiment with procedurally generated frames for Time 2? What would happen if he started with something else that just caught you?

You may not have enough Time to sweep the molpies and summon the floors.

*ponders over procedurally generated frames*
hmm, you could start with a procedurally generated semencofeecancerbabies castle like suggested somewhere around NP 400. Then you could just have them start walking in a procedurally generated country (manual switch to that) and then you could have.......
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

bftf-0490

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:00 pm UTC

WHAT ARE CREDENZAS? WE JUST DON'GT KNOW. -- automome
Spoiler:
I'd highly recommend following the first commandment.
-- posted by lmjbot

micdi

Postby micdi » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:29 pm UTC

Wow, AUTOMOME.

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:46 pm UTC

Automome is definitely sentient.

Must be seeONG it.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:36 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:*ponders over procedurally generated frames*
hmm, you could start with a procedurally generated semencofeecancerbabies castle like suggested somewhere around NP 400.

I believe it was Kieryn who suggested it, but his site no longer works for me.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

bmonk

Postby bmonk » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:45 pm UTC

Nice raptorchirlpies! We--my brothers and I--used to use primitive lego-type bricks--and they were bricks, with the vertical lines and all, in green or red, with white longer foundation bricks--to make lots of things. They did need a bit more imagination, but you could get good at that.

ETA: I'm all for baking, taking pictures of, and eating cakes--if I only had a kitchen, and ingrediments, and time, and skills. <sigh> :cry: Guess I'd better use my vivid imagination, but it's hard to share that with everymolpies.

SETA: funny comment (without context quote):
taixzo wrote:Were they ribbitmolpies or rabbitmolpies?

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:52 pm UTC

Hi, everymolpy! Not in the basement, I've been reading but mostly on my MTA (Miserable Time Accessor) so haven't replied to stuff. The Outside has been consumed by planning holiday travel and looking for a newer carcastle. I've been looking on sites like Autotrader.com, but though they have all sorts of dropdown menus to filter for various features, none of the sites have a menu for number of timpani you need to carry. Makes finding the right carcastle difficult.

Oh, someone had mentioned using the phone's feature of adding OTTish words to its dictionary. I know about that feature but kind of forgot about it, since usually it's asking if I want to add a word like, I don't know, "wamt" or "teh." I seem to have already added "amd."

There are other things I'll try to reply to later, but I want to say nice ottercomicking, Zooman and HES, and happy 7500, BlitzGirl! Wow!

I'm also very relieved to see mrob. I was getting ready to send him a PM, since he hadn't been seen in a while. Heading towards the basement is a slippery slope.

No, seriously, there's a slippery slope heading towards the basement. We really should fix that.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:57 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:

Thanks BlitzGirl. Sadly it's, not quite what I'd hoped. *goes away and modifies theory slightly*. Right, here we go:

Under what circumstances do large numbers of people start wearing hats? 1) The OTT happens. However, our hats here are too varied to all be classed as Beanies. 2) Everybody is trying to protect their minds by putting on tin foil hats. But the beanie hats don't look like they are made from tin foil, so not that either. My theory is that it is unseasonably cold due to a late winter, thus the people are trying to stay warm. Cuegan don't wear them since they are from a much lower lying area and thus the climate is much warmer. This idea came to me one morning on my way to work, when I spotted that everyone outside appeared to have suddenly started wearing them, including myself!

Congrats BlitzGirl on the RNM. Not that far now until the big 10000!

Does it really get that cold in the South of France?

lmjb1964 wrote:Oh, someone had mentioned using the phone's feature of adding OTTish words to its dictionary. I know about that feature but kind of forgot about it, since usually it's asking if I want to add a word like, I don't know, "wamt" or "teh." I seem to have already added "amd."

Or your phone already had it. AMD is a company, after all.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

HES

Postby HES » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:03 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:No, seriously, there's a slippery slope heading towards the basement. We really should fix that.

I haven't seen the contractors since they fixed the stairs. They were headed that direction...
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:07 pm UTC

We really should expect slippery slopes at this point - otters love them.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”