Discworld Mafia: Day 5: No Deadline

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Madge

Re: Discworld Mafia: Day One

Postby Madge » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:49 am UTC

I like 7-2-1-1, I think it has a nice ring to it somehow!

I also recall death but I think Pratchett's death is pretty well-known as characters go. Wouldn't be surprised to see death here. I also recall reading a death of rats, who spoke in sᴍᴀʟʟ ᴄᴀᴘs

Voting BigNose for the diemo vote is stupid. I am going to have no part of that rivalry.

SDK being confident about stuff he has no business being confident on is standard SDK. If I had time (and regrettably I don't), then I'd totally be looking through his past games to try and work out if his town and scum games seem different on the face.

I hate D1 in general, so excuse this being my first post. There's nothing to inspire me yet. I'm not SDK, I can't look at someone's two line confirm post and have an opinion on their scummitude. Get me some flips! Get me some night action results! Get me some interactions! Get me some claims! Bring on D2.

I think the cop has little choice but to investigate SDK tonight.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Lawrencelot

Postby Lawrencelot » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:13 am UTC

SDK wrote:Yeah, it was a reference to the one scum game I've lost on this site. I was copped Night 1 in Doctor Who and lynched Day 2. Just an egotistical joke - if I'm scum, that's the only way to beat me!

Pretty sure Lawrencelot's town, just so everyone's aware. Minestrone is my strongest scum read, so I think I'll move my vote there.

Ok that explains it, but in your second line you immediately give me another scum tell, so my vote stays.

SDK

Postby SDK » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:20 pm UTC

Fair enough. What do you think of Minestrone and BigNose?
The biggest number (63 quintillion googols in debt)

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:26 pm UTC

Votals:
Minestrone (1) - SDK
SDK (1) -Lawrencelot
wam (1) - Bignose
Bignose (2) - wam, Minestrone

Deadline is currently active. Deadline is in 5 days.
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

Lawrencelot

Postby Lawrencelot » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:32 pm UTC

SDK wrote:Fair enough. What do you think of Minestrone and BigNose?

I am liking BigNose's posts so far. At least, I like his vote on wam. I haven't formed an opinion on Minestrone yet.

SDK

Postby SDK » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:33 pm UTC

Apparently mod madness has started? Neil got made over at least. Everything else seems pretty much normal...

If it has begun, I assume you'll just pause the clock, Diemo?

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:49 pm UTC

Yeah. It doesn't seem to have started quite yet, but once it begins the clock will stop. You can still hammer and stuff, and given mod madness doesn't effect PMs (to the best of my knowledge), I will adjudicate night as normal, but the clock for the next day won't start until the mod madness is over.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

New User

Postby New User » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:54 pm UTC

I'm willing to continue as long as the game isn't actually disrupted. But I haven't really seen anything so far to warrant a D1 vote from me, and we haven't even heard from all players yet, so I don't have much else to say.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:02 pm UTC

Personal impressions post:

SDK- doing his standard opening move. Also volunteers to be copped. From personal experience, that's not necessarily a scum thing, but with one of the books being called Hogfather, I'll take it with a grain of salt.

fb- seems to be mostly ignoring SDK's vote, which at this point I think is the proper response. seems slightly townish

Lawrencelot- seems to be properly paranoid about SDK and others. townish

wam- early vote on SDK seems a little overkill. keeping an eye on SDK would be sufficient for now. switches vote to BN based on Minestrone's vote. slightly scummy

NU- catalog of roles was interesting, but I'm not going to call it suspcious like Lawrencelot did. otherwise neutral.

Minestrone- votes BN off his mod-vote. I can see where she's coming from, but the vote seems a little heavy-handed. neutral

BN- votes mod, which starts rolespec on him and Mine's vote. retaliation vote on wam, plus rolename dump. considering that roleblocking mechanic, it seems awfully helpful to scum. despite that (and this may just be meta) I'm getting an indep vibe off him, so he'll be tabled for now.

Madge- just the one post, but content on it seems good. slightly townie.

ajh & asmo- no posts yet. :(

If I were forced to vote at this point, I'd choose wam, but no decision is needed quite yet.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

ajh

Postby ajh » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:07 pm UTC

Mostpy agreeing with moody, but not sure about themselves.
wam looks scummy, Lawrencelot townie. I can't really read BigNose, slight non-town feeping.

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:38 pm UTC

I just read ajh's post thinking "thoes are some strange typos" and realized, it has started. Not too bad for now, but we'll see how it gets by tomorrow.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:40 am UTC

Recently, the content has been more about Mod Madness than Discworld Mafia!!

NU flavour don't matter - I think it does in some way, otherwise what's the point of flavour. -1
Wam votes SDK - Potentially look for Wam/SDK mafia team
SDK cop me - GF role, blocker/jester, town, we shall see
BN votes Diemo - meh!
FB ignores SDK - meh!
SDK anti 7-3-1, with 1 as SK - OK
NU applies 8-2-1 - again, seems to want to throw up without sick-bag.
SDK wants BN to vote for FB - Leading or controlling, or joking, -1
FB's militant atheist - meh!
Moody game-spec - meh!
MS votes BN, otherwise post is irrelevant, -1
LL votes SDK, FoS's NU. +1
SDK LL is Town, MS is Scum, Votes MS - No reasoning for vote. Meh!
Wam back MS, Votes BN, asks SDK for reason - A bit personal, but feels like cheap BW
SDK - !!. -1
BN votes Wam for BW, adds flavour definition - +1
SDK remembers DEATH - how exciting - NOT!
FB provides support to SDK's vote on MS, based on previous gaming - another meh!
Madge backs SDK style. Wants D2 - No excuse for non-involvement in D1. -1
LL maintains Vote on SDK, with minimal reasoning - +1
SDK back to LL on MS & BN - Asking questions is easy. Need answers from SDK. -1
LL likes BN - meh!
SDK !! - meh!
NU on Mod Madness - meh!
Moody gives short appraisal. - Mostly agree. +1
AJH agrees with Moody appraisal - meh!
FB notes MM has started - meh!

Overall:
Townie - Lawrencelot

Others:
NU - Needs positive content
Asmo - Invisible
SDK - Needs to provide answers

Scummy - Wam

Vote stays.
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:38 pm UTC

Dealine is paused indefinitely.
--Douglas Adams

SDK

Re: Discworld Mafia: Day One: Deadline Paused

Postby SDK » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:00 pm UTC

What answers do you want from me, BigNose?

zabing12

Re: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Mafia: Day One: Deadlin

Postby zabing12 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:26 am UTC

MOd madness begins.

suffer-cait
Yes, that's my perfectly normal house cat, why do you ask?

Postby suffer-cait » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:08 pm UTC

is that relevant to the game?
ImageImageImageImageImage

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:47 pm UTC

suffer-cait wrote:is that relevant to the game?

The game and the madness are simply one of those things that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence.

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

Sprocket
Seymour

Re: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Mafia: Day One

Postby Sprocket » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:27 pm UTC

BigNose wrote:
wam wrote:
Minestrone wrote:because voting the mod contributes nothing to the discussion but appears slightly more active than not voting.

Thats a good point it does smack of trying to appear active
Unvote
Vote Bignose

we thought it was pretty poor of Minestrone to provide an almost non-existent reason to vote for us, but then we find that you back him up on the same non-existent reason.

Seeing as apart from our ego-post, that it was our first post and for band-waggoning on nothing:

Vote: WAM

FYI For those who are flavour-blind, some major characters:
Lord Vetinari - Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Rincewind - Useless wizzard
Ridcully - Dean of Unseen University (of Magic )
Nanny Ogg - Witch
Granny Weatherwax
Several characters of the Police Watch
- Commander Sam Vimes
- Captain Carrot
- Sgt's Constable Igor & Detritus
- Fred Colon & Nobby Nobbs
& DEATH - only speaks in CAPITALS
all floating on lots elephants, on top of the Great A'Tuin, a turtle that flies through space.
Rincewind wasn't useless in the first two books at all, he was just kind of an Arthur Dent, but he becomes blatantly stupid and helpless in later books.
"She’s a free spirit, a wind-rider, she’s at one with nature, and walks with the kodama eidolons”
Zohar wrote: Down with the hipster binary! It's a SPECTRUM!

Diemo

Re: Discworld Mafia: Day One: Deadline Paused

Postby Diemo » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:34 pm UTC

And deadline is back on. I'll give you guys till Moday at 8pm GMT. Asmodieus has been prodded.
--Douglas Adams

SDK

Re: Discworld Mafia: Day One: Deadline Monday 8PM GMT

Postby SDK » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:40 pm UTC

So where were we?

BigNose, I want to know what you expect from me. Minestrone, I want you to post again. Everyone else, I want you to vote for somebody.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:31 pm UTC

SDK wrote:Everyone else, I want you to vote for somebody.

Per my post previous to the Madness:

Vote: wam

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:05 pm UTC

@SDK
Postby wam » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:52 pm UTC - Requested of SDK: Care to provide any logic or justification for you reads? I know its early

SDK response: Later.

Postby SDK » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:20 pm UTC - Asks a question, Doesn't answer themselves.

Hence you fail to provide an answer for a valid question, then ask a question of all I presume, without providing any answer yourself.

This is known as Active Lurking.
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

New User

Postby New User » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:27 pm UTC

While there is content in the few posts we have, I feel that we have little to work with so far. If I had to vote now I suppose I might vote for wam, because wam's reason for voting for BigNose wasn't very good. But really, I feel like it's very early in D1 so far. We have only one post from Madge, wam, and ajh, and nothing at all from Asmodieus. So I'm not voting yet, there just doesn't seem to be enough activity to really decide who I'd like to see lynched.

wam

Postby wam » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:34 pm UTC

To be honest with the gap I can't even remember my own logic for voting bignose, I think I was just seeing if anyone else would pile on.

Unvote

New user, come on that is a very wishy washy post, and I know them as I write a lot!

Other than that there is still little content,

I am liking bignose's pushing of SDK for answers.

Freezeblade's posts are a bit chatty without actually saying anything, if I had to put a vote it would be there but I don't think it is enough to warrent one, sorry SDK
Come join us playing mafia signup here

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:42 pm UTC

I agree, before SDK can make demands of other players, he must follow up with his "later" responce to his reasoning.

I'm pretty sure it's going to be, as I noted earlier, "oh it's just in their phrasing." as is a typical SDK day-one vote, but I want to hear it from him. Of the games I've played with him, this is a typical thing, if he's mafia, town, or other. (Does not mean I like it though)
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:51 pm UTC

EBWOP: So many ninjas, I composed the previous post right after Bignose's post, and the forum didn't let me know there were more posts between.

I feel like I really need to get back in this game, after a week of madness, before I can really vote. I don't like SDK's style, but for meta it means nothing, as I wrote in the earlier post. I don't think I can make judgement calls on anyone else at this point, we really need more content.

Minestrone

Postby Minestrone » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:41 pm UTC

SDK wrote:Minestrone, I want you to post again.

Hi, I'm back. It feels like forever since I paid attention to this game, I got unusually busy in the days leading up to the pause and didn't have time to post, then mod madness happened. Luckily we've just started so a full read through isn't difficult.

So I'm not really liking wam's vote on Bignose. My vote on Bignose was mostly just an attempt to get things moving anyway. The second vote was as shaky as my vote as far as actually hitting scum but it failed to add anything new to the discussion, so why vote at all? The justification they give now doesn't make sense either, they say they were looking to see if others would pile on, presumably to catch overeager scum, but how could they non-hypocritically accuse someone of piling on in the unlikely scenario that they did when that's pretty much what their own vote was anyway?

Unvote

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:53 pm UTC

At the risk of not posting, here's a quicky before I get ready for work:

I like bignose and dislike SDK at the moment.

I want SDK to answer that question that he seems to be avoiding.

Wam is also being good.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

ajh

Postby ajh » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:04 pm UTC

Madge's pagetopper is pinging me with every line, distancing themselves from taking action. freezeblade's posts contain very little beside setup spec and the thing with SDK. NU and moody seem a bit fluffy, wam is really undecided who they want to vote for. I forgot what I wanted to say about Minestrone.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:27 pm UTC

ajh wrote:Madge's pagetopper is pinging me with every line, distancing themselves from taking action. freezeblade's posts contain very little beside setup spec and the thing with SDK. NU and moody seem a bit fluffy, wam is really undecided who they want to vote for. I forgot what I wanted to say about Minestrone.

Really? This post seems so very wrong on multiple levels. First off, "the thing with SDK" is rather important considering he's the second shadiest character in the game (although you're giving him a run for his money). Second, the rest of your reads seem very off the cuff. I think you were just phoning this in (but not literally).

Overall, 2.5/10. Very poor post, would not read again.

ajh

Postby ajh » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:54 pm UTC

I was talking about the 'eyeroll' vote. SDK's reads are interesting, though I'm disregarding their dominance for now.
This is actually from my phone, but I gave up on quoting the relevant posts after the forum rejected them twice. That said, we can go through these high-level feelings, if you want. Re-reading helps.

SDK

Postby SDK » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:43 pm UTC

ajh is probably town too. I also have a town read on moody that I'm nervous to trust thanks to past experience. wam also might be scum. Stay tuned for more reads without justification (ie: this is a quick skim - I will try to give this a more thorough read this weekend, so please post more!).

My town read on Lawrencelot is based on writing style. I observed Lawrencelot while playing as scum alongside him and noticed a few differences in his posting style. This is something I was particularly cognizant of since I'd had trouble reading his town games previously, so I already had a good handle on how he posted as town (since I original read his writing style as scummish).

My scum read on Minestrone was mainly due to how he approached me in his first post. I'd already posted several times, saying a few actually meaningful things, but instead of talking at all about me, he ignores me and makes it clear that he'd like to continue ignoring me. The vote for BigNose was fine, but safe. Of course, this was a preliminary thing, and mainly pushed to get some conversation going that was more meaningful than speculation on the game setup.

More later. I had a really busy day today.

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:42 am UTC

kalira is replacing Asmodieus, effective immediately. I will consider extending the deadline.
--Douglas Adams

Lawrencelot

Postby Lawrencelot » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:51 pm UTC

wam seems like a good lynch to me. I already said I liked the votes on him, and his last post didn't really make things better. Plus, even if he's town it will be interesting to look at the connections.

SDK is not off the hook but I'll see where I stand on him in the following days.

Unvote;

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:06 pm UTC

Votals:
Minestrone (1) - SDK
wam (4) - Bignose, moody7277, minestrone, Lawrencelot

Deadline is currently 8PM Monday GMT

Corrected. I think :)
Last edited by Diemo on Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:19 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
--Douglas Adams

ajh

Postby ajh » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:54 pm UTC

vote Minestrone
Why is he listed twice?

New User

Postby New User » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:47 pm UTC

I've seen a lot of meta reads here. I also noticed that freezeblade has a habit of speaking for someone else. What's up with that?

Normal D1 stuff, very little info to base a vote on. The votes are piling onto wam but I think it's for a pretty minor reason. But minor reasons are all we get in D1, aren't they?

At this point I'd say SDK appears to be hunting the scum, BigNose's analyses are logical, so both appear town. Lawrencelot seems town enough. wam's initial vote for BigNose was such an obviously scummy move that I think wam would know better. Moody seems to be acting typical, I have noticed in the past that moody focuses on different details than I do.

@Madge what is the question that SDK seems to be avoiding? I'm a bit confused because of the Madness interruption. Also, I don't agree that the cop has little choice but to investigate SDK tonight. To whoever is the cop, I suggest you investigate whoever you think is scum.

I'm overthinking the situation with the votes on BigNose (Minestrone and wam). BigNose's vote was obviously nothing serious, and my response (and what I consider to be the "proper" response) to a joke vote is to completely ignore it. Then Minestrone voted for BigNose, reasoning that BigNose was wasting effort. Then wam also voted BigNose. Later, wam said he doesn't quite remember why he did it. Then Minestrone voted for wam, saying that her own vote wasn't serious and that wam shouldn't have joined in. In all this confusion, I don't necessarily think any one of them is scum. It may be true that Minestrone's vote was just to get things moving (better effort than BigNose there, since at least Minestrone was actually voting for a player). My only real reason for not considering wam's action to be obvious scum is because it'd be too obvious and I think wam would know better.

ajh has had only a few small posts, and voted for Minestrone after saying he forgot what he was going to say about Minestrone. Overall, this could be a scum player who is being cautious about saying too much about their own teammates. So I'm labeling ajh as scummiest right now.

Vote: ajh

wam

Postby wam » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:40 pm UTC

Right as I t looks like mim going to to be lynched in under 48 hours I want to get my reads out, so plese see below. Also having re read my post I can see how bad it looks so I can't even get annoyed at the bandwagon!

SDK
As i see it, normal SDK day 1, leaning town but TBH I struggle to tell the difference. Leaning town but keeping an eye on him!

Madge
Only two posts, interesting point where she tries to push the cop onto SDK as well, this could back up lawrencelots point about SDK's godfather tell, possible link here. Leaning Scummy. Ps I also can't tell if "wam is looking good" means she thinks im town or thinks im scum.....

moody7277
Good analysis, decent logic, I like how he is picking holes in ajh's post. Despite this I think they are two arguing townies. Town

Kalira
Nothing as no posts from either asmodius or Kalira.

New User
As I flagged up earlier early posts were wishy washy but last post is a good one so on the basis of that Leaning town

Minestrone
Only 2 posts, but they seem reasonably townie to me. Vote on BN was a reasonable disscussion starting post and I agreed with it. Needs more content but waht there is leads to leaning town...

Freezeblade
No real original content, I would like to see more reads and I get that he is not confident on his SDK read but would like to see a vote as its easy to waffle on about stuff and leave your options open. Leaning Scummy

ajh
Good speculation but the posts are very short. Townie feeling but would like to see more votes to back up the supsicouns.

Lawrencelot
I like the tone of the posts, looks like scum hunting to me, although a little bit bandwagony. Leaning Town

BigNose
Vote on me makes sense, flavour information is helpful but neutral in terms of read. Attack on SDK makes sense but I think its more a clash of playstyles rather than real reasoning. Townie

Based on the above I am torn between MAdge and Freezeblade, would happily see either lynched

Vote Freezeblade
Come join us playing mafia signup here

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:41 pm UTC

wam - I like you, I don't think you are scum. Again I don't have much time to post (busy weekend!) so I just wanted to get that out there.

Will hopefully get a chance to think things over Monday morning and then place a vote.

Minestrone

Postby Minestrone » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:53 am UTC

Ok so I lost the post I just made but basically I was criticizing New User for their defense of wam until it occurred to me that their defense, and wams behavior in general, would make sense if wam was a jester, which seems like a possibility in this game. Maybe we should lynch someone else and leave a vig to take care of wam. I don't know who else we would lynch though. I'll have to think about that more later. For now my vote stays

Return to “Mafia”