1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

mikrit

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby mikrit » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:04 pm UTC

Hatted and wimpled by ergman.
Dubbed "First and Eldest of Ottificators" by svenman.
Febrion wrote: "etc" is latin for "this would look better with more examples, but I can't think of any".

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:31 pm UTC

Awesomeful!

So, is the decree to pretend to be Randall? To not have red hair? To get Randall struck by lightning to increase his powers?

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

mikrit

Postby mikrit » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:17 pm UTC

Good question. Pretending to be Randall must be heresy, for which the punishment is continued red-hairiness. How about we speculate about what Randall's current superpowers are. But isn't there already an OtherThread for that? Ch*rp, my decreeing power fails me.

How about this: calculate the height difference of the elevator trip, assuming that the average height of tall-Beanie and short-Beanie is 1 que. And assuming that the counterweight is on the ground when the elevator is at the top.
Febrion wrote: "etc" is latin for "this would look better with more examples, but I can't think of any".

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:30 pm UTC

I didn't know there'd be math! Can't I just pretend to be Randall and risk red-hairedness?

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0226

Postby mscha » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:30 pm UTC

FONGLESS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

Code: Select all

EzRUHUJdHkZhI0xlKFRsLFxyMmZ7Nm2CO3aKP3yRRYaZTZSnV6a5YrjLXrC-VaCvUp6xSY6hQX6RXrLEUZutL2F4XK7BES9QFTFPEStMIUVeMF90Zb7QQHyPDyNGZ8HTDh1BDBU9Cww5AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

ergman

Postby ergman » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:56 pm UTC

whats that big line? it almost looks like a hill in the distance, but I don't think that's how this works.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:42 pm UTC

Epsilon! Hm, the white part looks like a road curving off to the left, but I don't think that makes sense with the rest of the picture. And what's that thing clinging to the side of the dam/tower/whatevs, just below the basket?

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:52 pm UTC

Well, that's not good. We have a leak!
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

HES

Postby HES » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:02 pm UTC

Breach! Image
Last edited by HES on Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:07 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
He/Him/His Image

mrob27

OVARY HAPPENS.

Postby mrob27 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:03 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:Don't worry if the text ninjas newpixbot.
Even if this happens there is still lmjbot.
If at the time the next frame appears the previous one in not posted yet, lmjbot will post it.
Redundancy!

Oh thanks! Redundancy is indeed very molpish. I appreciate not having text-only posts treated as images. lmjbot to the rescue!

mikrit wrote:How about this: calculate the height difference of the elevator trip, assuming that the average height of tall-Beanie and short-Beanie is 1 que. And assuming that the counterweight is on the ground when the elevator is at the top.

The problem as stated doesn't say where the elevator trip will end! So let's add the assumption: "The elevator trip ends when the bottom of the elevator is on the ground.", an assumption that is now looking pretty false :D ; nevertheless, I made this:

It's a bit tricky because there is some small amount of horizontal shifting, and the pixels seem to line up but I couldn't be totally sure. Anyway, I get 1 q = 49 black pixels, half of trip = 12q + 2 pixels + (7 pixels)/2 = 12q + 5.5 pixels; so the whole trip would be 2×(12+5.5/49)q = about 24.2 q, or 42.9 metres.

ETA: I can't get this new frame 226 to match up at all…

Hypothesis: In addition to travelling in two dimensions (up-down, and time), this Beanie elevator is travelling in another dimension causing our 2.5-D slice to shift like in 1359, 1360, etc. and that's why the big sloping black thing on the left doesn't line up the way I expect.

Spoiler:
elev-2.png
composite of some t-1 frames

elev-3b.png
trying to paste t-1 frames 221 and 226 together
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

NoMouse

PUT BLITZROCKET ON DILGUNNERANG

Postby NoMouse » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:50 pm UTC

t-1_0226 wrote:Image

Sciscitor wrote:The beanies also seem to go down the side of a cooling tower.

Or a dam. Similar shape. And given the context, I would say both equally likely. Let's wait for it.
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

HES

Re: PUT BLITZROCKET ON DILGUNNERANG

Postby HES » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:07 pm UTC

NoMouse wrote:
Sciscitor wrote:The beanies also seem to go down the side of a cooling tower.

Or a dam. Similar shape. And given the context, I would say both equally likely. Let's wait for it.

Cooling towers don't tend to leak large volumes of semencoffeecancerbaconstarsandbabiesonice. Well, they do, but in a different direction.
He/Him/His Image

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:45 pm UTC

mikrit wrote:Pretending to be Randall must be heresy
But can one pretend to be something they in fact are?

ergman wrote:whats that big line? it almost looks like a hill in the distance, but I don't think that's how this works.
Looks like what I get on Inkscape when I get a curve wrong.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:06 am UTC

Ah, now that you mention it, it does look like a stream of semencoffeecancerbabybaconice. And so the flooding begins.

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0227

Postby mscha » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:30 am UTC

SONGULARIZED...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

EzRUHUJdHkZhI0tkKFRsLFxyL2F4M2Z7Nm2CPHaKP3yRRYaZTZSnV6a5YrjKVaCvU56xSY6hQX6RZsHTUZutXK7BXrLEES9QEStMFTFPZb7RIUVeMF90DyNGQHyPDh1BDBU9Cww5AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:19 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:<snip> So, is the decree to pretend to be Randall? <snip>

We are all Randall.

lmjb1964 wrote:And what's that thing clinging to the side of the dam/tower/whatevs, just below the basket?

Spoiler:
Corinne?

moody7277 wrote:Well, that's not good. We have a leak!
HES wrote:Breach! Image

Rosetta, we have a problem! Image
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

ucim

Postby ucim » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:21 am UTC

Febrion! I know it's hard to type on the Metropolitan Transit Authority, the trains keep wiggling around and leopards running around the subway tend to attract the wrong kind of attention. But I'm glad you did. :) And congratulations on 21102 posts! In celebration, I see you've already posted a woodie (it's not a pencil either) while musing about roots. Alas, I don't think that will save you from the punsaw; there are a number of wielders here. Even if BlitzGirl has vanished into the basement (have you seen her?), she has left her Vitssagen to grow and multply. She took her cats though. I wonder what can be read into that.

Of course we are looking for OTTer band names. It's another way to dominate the top forty. Maybe each of the Forty has their own band.

To doesn't have too many 'o's, and too doesn't have two too many 'o's.

Looking at the service elevator, it does look to me that the Beanies are dancing. My theory is that the truck poured radioactive semencoffeecancerbabiesonice into the sea, to aid in tracking where it might be leaking out. My other theory is that it's really a kind of glue goo, like the kind you put in flat tires, to plug a leak. From the colorONGs, there doesn't seem to be much diffusion, so I'd say it's thicker than the surrounding medium. Given that they are going down the side and can see the big black bananafootnote of a leak with their own eyes (probably what part-time Beanie saw and came back horrified about, even though we never got to see (or not see) her see over the edge between ONGs), this is more likely less ridiculous. Just above the supposed leak (one of the Beanies is noticing it) is a fuzzy edge; perhaps the beginnigs of another leak.future

I'd have a third theory, but then I'd have to pull the holy pin. That third theory is that the colorONGs and the B&WONGs are unrelated in time or spaaaace, and none of the prior theories holds the sea.

Shall I come in again?

Steakish OTTy mikrit!

And thanks again to all the bots for all their ONGing!

I didn't catch it when it came up (mainly because I mistook the "L" for an "i" and was puzzled), but for me the act of joining metal with liquid othermetal is pronounced soddering. Military ground troops are pronounced sole-jehrs.

And welcome Robyn Slinger! Yes, the thead is an integral part of the comic; I'm certain it was intended that way. GLR be Praised!

ggh wrote:I wonder what the number of people is who know two or more OTTers who don't know each other.
Dunno. I know somebody here (where "here" could be the entire forum base, or could be OTTers) but IRL that person would not reveal themself in the fora. So, it's a known unknown.

balthasar_s wrote:Image
Wingy!

handspringNo, it doesn't really look like a banana, but it is part of the earth, and we do know that the earth is banana shaped.
pastThat leak will get bigger and the force of the new jet will push the elevator into the abyss. Nobody ever finds the bodies because nobody has a chance to look. The dam breaks, taking the beanies to a semencancercoffeebabiesonicy grave.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

Eternal Density

Fixed a very minor old bug in GrapevineGrapevine

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:33 am UTC

My first thought on seeing the Black Shape was that it was a leak of Miscellaneous Liquid spraying out.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:36 am UTC

Just came across this and found it RELATED: a group of otters chasing a flutterbee.

BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

mscha

Time Randomly Revisited - np2840

Postby mscha » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:00 am UTC

STRONGENESS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by Hillperson.)

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:COULD ORGANISED SANDS BE ANY MORE related?

-- posted by randompixbot

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0228

Postby mscha » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:30 am UTC

ANTIKONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

EzRUHUJdHkZhKFRsLFxyL2F3M2Z7Nm2CO3aKP3yRRYaYTZSnV6a4YrjKXK7BXrLEUp6xI0tkQX6RSo6hZb7QUZutES9QFjFPIUVeMF90EStMDyNGZsHTQHyPDh1BDBU9Cww5AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:31 am UTC

mscha wrote:ANTIKONGS...
Spoiler:

Facemustard!
(Probably already in the previous B&W frame, but there it could have been short-Beanie's hair, too.)

As for the hiddenONGs: To me, it doesn't look like we see the constant influx of semencoffeecancerbaconbabiesonice from the black bananahose, but more like a big blob of semencoffeecancerbaconbabiesonice that fell into some semencoffeecancerbaconbabies and is now slowly sinking, leaving a tail of semencoffeecancerbaconbabiesonice behind.

ETA: New OtherComic.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?

mikrit

Postby mikrit » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:31 am UTC

Thanks for the height estimate, mrob. So, the breach is at most about 30 metres below the Atlantic surface? That doesn't seem too bad. Lucky that there was an elevator at the right position.

I predict dialogue:

Short-Beanie: Squiggle, squiggle, curl.

Translation: We can fix this; we just need someone who can put his finger in the hole. In fact, the little Dutch boy in my toolbox could do it. (You okay in there, Master de Bruijn?)

Tall-Beanie: Squiggle, curl, squiggle.

Translation: Right, but first, we must fill in form A2306c, Berm Structural Integrity Report, and send it by clacks optical telegraph to Château d'If, so that the Public Safety and Security Committee can authorize that course of action.

mrob27

¡THIS EPILOGUE IS POSTING ME!

Postby mrob27 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:22 am UTC

I'll do a fair and proper ONG this time, no funny retro-editing:

REMAIN HILLISH AND GOAT OTTERONGS
(This post is ONGing t-1_0229 at: 20151021 08:22:27 UTC)
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.

Spoiler:
Original filename:

EzRUHUJdHkZhKFRsLFxyL2F4Nm2CPHaKP32RRYaZV6a4YrjKUp6xXrLEUZutTZSnQX6RM2Z7I0tkSo6hZb7RXK7BES9QEStMFjFOIUVdMF9zDyNGQHyPZ8HUDh1BUY2gDBU9Cww5AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png

ENHANCE!
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

NoMouse

BANANANAS ARE CUPCAKES WHO BLUENHANCE THWAPSTICKS INLAND.

Postby NoMouse » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:42 am UTC

Oh, it didn't strike me that this is a stream of fluid coming out of the wall... I guess that makes sense. I thought it was a weird shaped solid object that hit the wall from the right causing the damage. I still think that in reality, water coming through a hole in a dam wouldn't have such perfect shape; there would be some droplets, smaller streams spraying in other directions, bubbles, water vapor... that's probably what confused me.

Also, I had to do this:
Credit goes to Rule110 for the original version.

And now for something completely different. I suppose most of you already know this but... Since this is the Time thread and we deal with time traveling and other timey-wimey stuff on regular basis (and since my avatar), I find this highly RELATED:

Todip is the dip when future meets past. Or to be precise, when Back to the Future becomes Past. In Part II, Doc, Marty and Jennifer travel into the future, to October 21, 2015 4:29 PM. Which is only a dozen newpix from now. This is heavy, right?

Redundant:
Spoiler:
t-1_0229_faucet.png

BTTF2redundant.jpg
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

ZoomanSP

Postby ZoomanSP » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:50 am UTC

mrob27 wrote:REMAIN HILLISH AND GOAT OTTERONGS
Spoiler:
(This post is ONGing t-1_0229 at: 20151021 08:22:27 UTC)

Maybe it's not a leak after all. Short-Beanie looks like she's reaching over to the thing on the dam. It might be a gate to close the overflow valve. However, just when she touches the handle, the elevator falls down, because the ropes aren't strong enough. The sea1 continues to empty into the Mediterranean. Thus begins Time.

Pre-post-preview-ninja'd! :D Hi NoMouse! Treeish manip!

NoMouse wrote:I still think that in reality, water coming through a hole in a dam wouldn't have such perfect shape; there would be some droplets, smaller streams spraying in other directions, bubbles, water vapor... that's probably what confused me.

It does, it's just outside the 2.5D slice we see. :wink:

And I remembered it being BTTF dip todip, which reminded me of cmyk's signature (hi cmyk!):

Wait on.

Spoiler:

HES

FIVE GOLD RINGS

Postby HES » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:49 am UTC

NoMouse wrote:I still think that in reality, water coming through a hole in a dam wouldn't have such perfect shape; there would be some droplets, smaller streams spraying in other directions, bubbles, water vapor...

Indeed. A rough, irregular hole such as a breach would produce turbulent, not laminar, flow. But as Zooman said, laminar schmaminar.
He/Him/His Image

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0230

Postby mscha » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:30 pm UTC

TEMPERONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

EzRUHUJdHkZhI0tkKFRsLFxyL2F4M2Z7Nm2CPHaKP32RRYaZTZSnV6a5YrjKUZutXrC-So6hU56xQX6SXK7AXrLDES9QEStMFjFOIUVdDyNGMF9zZb7QQHyODh1BaMPVDBU9Cww5AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

mikrit

Re: FIVE GOLD RINGS

Postby mikrit » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:16 pm UTC

HES wrote:
NoMouse wrote:I still think that in reality, water coming through a hole in a dam wouldn't have such perfect shape; there would be some droplets, smaller streams spraying in other directions, bubbles, water vapor...

Indeed. A rough, irregular hole such as a breach would produce turbulent, not laminar, flow. But as Zooman said, laminar schmaminar.
Don't you mean: "turbulent schmurbulent"?

I just noted that if the elevator is lowered much further, it would scrape against the side of the dam, which seems unpleasant. Which raises the question: where did the counterweight come from? Was it scraped up along the wall from the bottom? If so, maybe the counterweight caused the breach.

HES

THREE MEDITERRANEAN RAPTORS

Postby HES » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:05 pm UTC

Small wheels on the dam side of the lift and counterweight would mitigate that, making the process more akin to abseiling. Don't see any on the lift though. (Actually, I don't see it at all in stealth mode, but I don't remember there being any)
Last edited by HES on Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:32 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
He/Him/His Image

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0231

Postby mscha » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:30 pm UTC

RONGLETS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

EzRUHUJdHkZhI0tkLFxyL2F4M2Z7N22CPHaKRYaZSo6hTZSmV6a4XrC-YrnKXrLDU56xUZutP32RKFRsQX6RXK7BES9QFjFOIUVdEStMDyNGMF9zDR1BZb-RZ8LUQHyODBU9Cww5AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

NoMouse

t-1_0232

Postby NoMouse » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:13 pm UTC

FUTURONG
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
I hope their rope is strong enough.

Spoiler:
Wait for it again.

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:28 pm UTC

I think the truck is releasing a nuclear bomb to the ocean side of the dam to destroy it. Similar to what the British did with their bouncing bombs during world war 2.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0233

Postby mscha » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:30 am UTC

PREDOMINATONGLY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

EzRUHUJdHkZhI0tkKFRrLFxyLmF4M2Z7N22CPHaKP3yRRYaZUYyfUp6xYrnLV6a4TZSmSo6hQX6RUZutXK7BXrLEES9QEStMIUVdFjFODyNGDRxBMF9yQHyOZr-QZsDSDBU9Cww5AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

balthasar_s

bOTTeriada goes ONG

Postby balthasar_s » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:11 am UTC

the mr*bdex story cONGtinues.

"H'm", thought the King. "Apparently the hotdog has the same type of exponential clicks-per-reward deferral system as -- what was the name again? -- Plugsal... -- that Plugsaldai's game used. Yes, I dealt

-- posted by mrImagebdexbot

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0234

Postby mscha » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:30 am UTC

ROVONGLY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

EzRUHUJdHkZhI0tkKFRrLFxzL2F4M2Z7Nm2CPHaKP3yRRYaZTZSmV6a4YrnLUZutU56xSo6hQX6RXK7AXrLDES9QEStMFjFOIUVdDyNGDh1BMF5yQHyOZr-QEB9CZ8HTDBU9Cww5AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

DrSamCarter

Postby DrSamCarter » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:57 am UTC

Turbulent schmurbulent
Water is burbulent,
Brutally bursting forth
Out of a hole.

Can they repair the great
Discontinuity?
It needs some awesomeful
Damage control.

ETA: No, "burbulent" is not a word. Neither is "awesomeful" when it comes right down to it, but both seem apt.

ETA2: burbulent n. Character of water that is burbling due to rapid flow and aeration
Last edited by DrSamCarter on Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:19 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0235

Postby mscha » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:30 am UTC

FOOTRACONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

EzRUHUJdHkZhI0tkKFRrLFxzL2F4M2Z7N22CPHaJP32RRoaZUo+hV6a4YrnKUZutU56xTZSnSo6hXrLDXK7AES9QEStMID9XFzFOZr-QDyNGIUVdDh1BMF5yQX6RQHyOEB9CaMLUDBU9Cww5AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

ggh

Postby ggh » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:43 am UTC

Burbulently brilliant, DrSamCarter!

Here, enjoy some turbulent bourbon. :)
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:06 pm UTC

ggh wrote:Burbulently brilliant, DrSamCarter!

Burbulently brilliant,
DrSamCarter!
Wingishness bursting forth
Leopard to screen.

Can words explain the great
OTT-community?
A thread filled with awesomeful
Things to be seen.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”