Deathless Mafia - GAME CANCELLED!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Dr Ug

Re: Deathless Mafia - NEW D1!

Postby Dr Ug » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:40 am UTC

Haven't had much time the last few days, but from what I read (especially early D1), I didn't like the sound of patzer.

Vote: Patzer
Where did my old signature go? :(

patzer

Postby patzer » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:07 am UTC

My vote on frogman is useless, so
Unvote

Also, it's obvious that the attention on me is distracting us from what we need to do, so:

I am the doctor.

Sorry, town, for playing badly and being suspicious; I hope that roleclaiming will exonerate me and let us move on to finding better leads.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands. –Douglas Adams

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:24 am UTC

Unvote
Vote: Dr Ug

Okay, so I'll believe patzer unless there's a counter-claim.

Dr Ug's vote for patzer doesn't seem to have any base, just not liking the sound of it. Other than that, he just joke-OMGUS-voted and talked about what would he do if recruited by cult:

Dr Ug wrote: For instance, say I'm now town and I get recruited by cult, it's in my interest to play to win as cult, but to get the cult leader lynched before hand, as otherwise I'll lose.

He didn't say:

"For instance, say I get recruited by cult, it's in my interest to play to win as cult, but to get the cult leader lynched before hand, as otherwise I'll lose."

"Say I'm town" sounds like he being town is a hypothetical, because he's not town :P

patzer

Postby patzer » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:13 am UTC

Vytron wrote:
Dr Ug wrote: For instance, say I'm now town and I get recruited by cult, it's in my interest to play to win as cult, but to get the cult leader lynched before hand, as otherwise I'll lose.

He didn't say:

"For instance, say I get recruited by cult, it's in my interest to play to win as cult, but to get the cult leader lynched before hand, as otherwise I'll lose."

"Say I'm town" sounds like he being town is a hypothetical, because he's not town :P

Honestly this feels like clutching at straws. From what I've seen, most players state their role as being town at the start of a hypothetical, for clarity- this doesn't feel like a scumslip. It's possible though.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands. –Douglas Adams

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:27 am UTC

One can only clutch at straws if there's nothing else going on, and at this point, that's the worst thing I've seen, even if I agree it's a minor thing.

I'm a believer of voting for the highest suspicion of the moment.

Also, I forgot my defense against maident:

I think I've been actually discussing stuff, and the possibility of a broken setup was just part of it.

In my experience of getting voted the vibes are more on the "town voting me" side, though.

Lawrencelot

Postby Lawrencelot » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:25 am UTC

Current votes:
patzer (2): SirGabriel, Dr Ug
Dr Ug (1): Vytron
Vytron(1): maident

Not voting (3): frogman, Echo244, patzer

4 votes required to lynch.

Deadline: Monday October 26 20:00h GMT
(in 1 day, 9 hours and 35 minutes)

Don't forget to send me your actions before the deadline or hammer vote. You can also change them at any time. Please include the current game day in your message.

Echo244

Postby Echo244 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:00 am UTC

OK, so patzer's now the Number One Target for everyone. Unless there's a counterclaim. Anyone?

(I am not the Doctor)

I respect the "voting for highest suspicion of the moment" playstyle and may use it occasionally, right now I'd want someone to stick out as particularly scummy before throwing my vote around. I don't see that yet. I'd like to see what SirG says about patzer's claim after throwing his vote on, and I'd like to hear more from frogman (though having just joined, and given I was AFK for a few days, it's a bit unfair to expect more).

Current feelings:

Town
patzer unless counterclaimed
maident for the claim suggestion including that she go first.

Neutral
Everyone else
Unstoppable force of nature. That means she/her/hers.
Has committed an act of treason.

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:04 am UTC

Unless we get a counterclaim, we should not lynch patzer. You should also target yourself from now on, so the zombies cannot switch you.

unvote patzer
Vote Vytron

That did seem like straw clutching to me

Echo244

Postby Echo244 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:13 am UTC

Just rereading that... On the one hand, we've got:

Vytron wrote:Dr Ug's vote for patzer doesn't seem to have any base, just not liking the sound of it. Other than that, he just joke-OMGUS-voted and talked about what would he do if recruited by cult:

He didn't say:

Most of which was on the "say I'm now town" bit, which I think is a bit of a reach, but it started with criticising a vote for not liking the sound of something, followed by:

Vytron wrote:I'm a believer of voting for the highest suspicion of the moment.

Was that not a reasonable interpretation of Dr Ug's actions in voting for patzer? Who else was there to vote for?

maident

Postby maident » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:05 pm UTC

Vytron, can I get some actual thoughts from you about claim/counter-claiming so far then? More than "setup might be broken" please :mrgreen:

As for Dr Ug, I'm getting some scum vibes from his recent interactions - and I don't think it's the so called slip pointed out by Vytron - but it's not much more than a feeling. In any case, IGMEOY.

patzer

Postby patzer » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:42 pm UTC

Dr Ug wrote:Unless we get a counterclaim, we should not lynch patzer. You should also target yourself from now on, so the zombies cannot switch you.

That doesn't protect me against cultists - though I guess the shrink can anonymously protect me in that regard.

Also I don't need to protect myself every night. If I don't target myself, I might get infected tonight- but I could then target myself on night 2 to remove the infection. So I only need to target myself on even-numbered nights.

Echo244

Postby Echo244 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:16 pm UTC

What about the mason? The Shrink wipes any recruitment status. The mason will either block cult recruitment, as the conflicting cult and mason recruitments cancel out, or recruit a townie. I dunno which is optimal, but both mason and shrink going for patzer sounds like town tripping itself up.

patzer

Postby patzer » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:52 pm UTC

Echo244 wrote:What about the mason? The Shrink wipes any recruitment status. The mason will either block cult recruitment, as the conflicting cult and mason recruitments cancel out, or recruit a townie. I dunno which is optimal, but both mason and shrink going for patzer sounds like town tripping itself up.

Good point. One of the Shrink and Mason, but not both, should target me.

If the mason targets me, who would the shrink target? Maybe Dr Ug- there's been some suspicion that he might be cultist.

But if the shrink targets someone else, there's the risk that they'll accidentally target the Mason.

So I think that the shrink should target me, and the mason should target someone else that seems townish.

frogman

Postby frogman » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:35 pm UTC

I'm getting a townie read from Vytron right now. I feel like he's laying his neck on the line too much here to be anti-town very often. I'd expect the recruiting roles to play fairly conservatively on day 1 so that they can spread immediately. Dr. Ug, for example, hasn't said much at all and the vote on patzer strikes me very much as a bandwagon vote.

Vote: Dr. Ug

I agree with the strategy of the shrink targeting patzer and the mason targeting someone else.
yeah yeah yeah

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:51 pm UTC

Echo244 wrote:
Vytron wrote:I'm a believer of voting for the highest suspicion of the moment.

Was that not a reasonable interpretation of Dr Ug's actions in voting for patzer? Who else was there to vote for?

I built my case on Dr Ug, he didn't build a case on patzer when voting her, and didn't build a case on me when voting me, he's just echoing what other people say because he doesn't have an opinion of his own.

patzer

Postby patzer » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:58 pm UTC

Note: every player has now posted since my claim, and there have been no counterclaims, so I think my claim is confirmed now.

frogman wrote:I'm getting a townie read from Vytron right now. I feel like he's laying his neck on the line too much here to be anti-town very often. I'd expect the recruiting roles to play fairly conservatively on day 1 so that they can spread immediately. Dr. Ug, for example, hasn't said much at all and the vote on patzer strikes me very much as a bandwagon vote.

Vote: Dr. Ug

This is a good point. Also, Dr Ug's vote on Vytron seems suspicious- the only reason for doing so was Vytron's apparent straw-clutching. Vytron was the only player who had a vote on them at that point, so this may well be another instance of bandwagoning by Dr Ug.

FoS: Dr Ug

patzer

Postby patzer » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:40 am UTC

p.s.

For some reason, my instinct is saying that frogman is the alien.

I have no evidence for this, and am probably wrong. Just throwing this out there so I can brag about it later on the off-chance that I am correct :P

Echo244

Postby Echo244 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:24 am UTC

SirG hasn't posted since your claim, patzer. However, everyone else has so you're very strong Town rather than absolutely confirmed town.

I'll go along with the shrinking of patzer while masonic recruitment happens to someone else. But I think that patzer should still get masonised soon, as that means she can't be recruited by the cult in one day (iirc, cult recruitment of a mason just clears mason status). That plus the self-doctoring gives us a strongly identified town player who we really just have to hope doesn't get probed...

I wrote and then deleted something about Dr. Ug last night, looking at the "You should also target yourself from now on" comment. It seemed a bit alien or zombified to me, trying to direct the Doctor's attention entirely and immediately to herself so the infection could spread and either take over all of the town, or take over all but patzer for an alien win. It's a bit straw-clutchy even for a FoS from me, but I'd be comfortable with his lynch.

Lawrencelot

Postby Lawrencelot » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:50 am UTC

Current votes:
Vytron(2): maident, Dr Ug
Dr Ug (2): Vytron, frogman
patzer (1): SirGabriel

Not voting (2): Echo244, patzer

4 votes required to lynch.

Deadline: Monday October 26 20:00h GMT
(9:10 hours from now)

Don't forget to send me your actions before the deadline or hammer vote. You can also change them at any time. Please include the current game day in your message.

patzer

Postby patzer » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:17 am UTC

Echo244 wrote:SirG hasn't posted since your claim, patzer. However, everyone else has so you're very strong Town rather than absolutely confirmed town.

Well spotted; I had forgotten that SirGabriel existed. :|

Given that a Dr Ug lynch seems like the best option at the moment, and we have only nine hours until the deadline:

Vote: Dr Ug

This is L-1. I suggest that Dr Ug claims asap, so there's time for a counterclaim if necessary.

Also doing this because I'm going to bed soon and may not wake up before the deadline. (Yes, it's 11am where I live (UK); I have a unusual sleep routine).

On the subject of time zones, I'll make a list of what time zones we are all in, so we know what times we're likely to be awake. Let me know if I've made a mistake anywhere.

Dr Ug - UTC+10 (Queensland)
Echo244 - UTC (United Kingdom)
frogman - UTC-7 (Oregon; clocks go back an hour next week)
Lawrencelot - UTC+1 (Netherlands)
maident - ?????
patzer - UTC (United Kingdom)
SirGabriel - ?????
Vytron - UTC-7? (Chihuahua, I think)

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:55 am UTC

Echo244 wrote:SirG hasn't posted since your claim, patzer.

Sorry, I've been busy and I didn't realize I hadn't responded yet. I am not the doctor.

Unvote

What happens if votes are tied at deadline?

I haven't seen anything particularly scummy about either Vytron or Dr Ug, but I would be willing to hammer either of them if needed to prevent a no lynch.

Lawrencelot

Postby Lawrencelot » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:58 pm UTC

If there is a tie, the player who had the most votes before the tie occurred will be lynched.

maident

Postby maident » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:06 pm UTC

Posting from phone
I'm in PST (GMT - 8).

Lawrencelot

Postby Lawrencelot » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:49 pm UTC

Current votes:
Dr Ug (3): Vytron, frogman, patzer
Vytron(2): maident, Dr Ug

Not voting (2): Echo244, SirGabriel

Dr Ug has been lynched.

It is now Night 1. Targets cannot be changed. Processing night actions...

Lawrencelot

Postby Lawrencelot » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:58 pm UTC

Torches and an angry mob chased Dr Ug away, to the edge of the village. He would fall if nothing changed. As he was pushed over the edge, the last thing he saw was a stranger among the mob, looking at him. After Dr Ug fell to his death, the mob noticed the stranger. "Who are you?" they asked. "My name is Dr Ug." Strange things are happening indeed.

Dr Ug is now vanilla town.

All pms have been sent. If you have not received a pm, nothing has changed for you.

4 votes required to lynch. Deadline: Thursday, 20:00h GMT

Echo244

Re: Deathless Mafia - Day two

Postby Echo244 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:30 pm UTC

OK, D2. Have we cleaned out one of the anti-town factions, or just shot ourselves in the foot?

How do people feel about maident's mass-claim proposal now?

maident

Postby maident » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:27 pm UTC

Vote: Echo244
My action last night failed and unless the shrink sabotaged things, I've found the zombie or cultist, because I am Mason.

frogman

Postby frogman » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:39 pm UTC

Interesting! If I'm reading the role table correctly, if Echo was cult last night she would have become vanilla town on mason recruit. I think I might wait for an Echo rebuttal before making any judgements there.

I think it might benefit the town if Dr. Ug revealed his previous role. Can anyone think of a situation where it would not?
yeah yeah yeah

patzer

Postby patzer » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:43 pm UTC

I targeted maident last night, and intend to target myself tonight.

maident's logic seems sound. (It's possible that both the cultist and maident targeted Echo last night, and they cancelled each other out, but this is unlikely).

Seems like a good idea to lynch Echo today. Let's wait for everyone to post before doing so, though, of course.

Echo244

Postby Echo244 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:15 am UTC

Woo! Everyone wants to recruit me and lynch me.

I'm the Shrink. I targeted patzer as agreed. I have not changed sides.

The recruit fail must have been a clash with the mason and cult.

I would like to hear Dr Ug's previous role.

I also think a full claim would help.

If anyone has any particular questions, please ask.

patzer

Postby patzer » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:24 am UTC

Yep, I think it would be a good idea for everyone to claim now. The results of the cop's investigation last night will be useful, and a massclaim can surely only help us at this point.

At the moment we don't know whether to trust Echo and maident or not.

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:53 am UTC

Ummm.... what happened to not posting the result of the lynch? I thought that was a thing?

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:53 am UTC

patzer wrote:Yep, I think it would be a good idea for everyone to claim now. The results of the cop's investigation last night will be useful
It would have been if you hadn't lynched me.

Echo244

Postby Echo244 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:27 am UTC

Ah. Really? Balls.

My understanding of things:

Echo244 - Shrink, dutifully treated patzer.
patzer - Doctor, treated maident.
maident - Mason claim, some points for being in first but I'd expect cult to claim mason too, tried to recruit Echo244, failed.
Dr Ug - Vanilla, ex-cop.

Vytron
frogman
SirG

I'd like to hear from the last three. Given that Town has effectively claimed by now.

We seem to have a cult/mason recruitment clash over me, so the cult has not advanced. Somebody got bitten, hopefully maident as then she also got cured. Unless the alien was bitten, somebody got probed.

Without a cop, how do we tell mason from cult? Or just wipe both out? Given the apparent clash, I think that we still have the chance to knock one non-town side out with the right lynch.

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:59 pm UTC

No, I'm the Shrink, and I targeted patzer. I thought it was a bold move from Echo244 to claim early, since she didn't know if Dr Ug was the Shrink, and if he was she'd have basically committed suicide, but I guess the chances of that were relatively low.

So I'll be voting Echo244, but want to hear from Sir and frogman first.

frogman

Postby frogman » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:49 pm UTC

Vytron makes a bold claim, and more interestingly, one that can not be verified. It does, however, seem to imply a greater likelihood of maident's mason attempt catching out Echo as a zombie or a cultist.
yeah yeah yeah

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:54 pm UTC

Vote: frogman

All town roles have been claimed, and frogman didn't counterclaim, so he's Alien or Cultist or Zombie.

Echo244

Postby Echo244 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:39 pm UTC

Vote: Vytron

Nice crossclaim. Fair point about frogman's failure to claim. But I want to lynch you first. It's a better chance to wipe out an anti-town faction.

Lawrencelot, what happens if the Mason recruits the Cultist while the Cultist presumably targets someone else?

Here's my logic: lynch one of us. Recruit the other. Both end up as vanilla town, one with a penalty point for having switched sides. But we're both town, and if we don't lynch the cultist, the now-town ex-cultist <cough>Vytron</cough> can then out who they recruited (if anyone) for a subsequent lynch D3, and we're done with one anti-town faction.

Unfortunately this means taking our eye off the zombie and alien ball for two days, but it seems a good way to wipe out a hostile faction.

Unless we have any other fake shrinks out there, at which point, I don't know what we do.

Thoughts?

(I'd rather be recruited than lynched, but I'm not switching sides either way)

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:58 pm UTC

No time for a long post at the moment, but I'm mason, and I targeted Echo.

Vote: maident

for being cult.

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:18 pm UTC

Second counter-claim.

I still maintain our best chance is to lynch frogman, who clearly didn't notice he was supposed to counterclaim.

In any case, Sir, how do you know Maident is cult, and not alien or zombie?

Return to “Mafia”