The Horn of Valere
- Speed: 5-7 day Days. 2-3 day Nights. Days will not end on weekend, and nights will include at least 24 hours of weekday (i.e. a Friday start will see a Monday finish). Deadline extensions given when needed. Lurkers will be replaced after modprod.
- Bastardry: May include alignment or win-condition changing roles. Some hidden mechanics may be present. The mod will speak no word that is not true. What conclusions you draw from that is up to you. Unlike Aes Sedai, the mod will not deliberately try to mislead you though!
- This game has one town faction. The town faction wins when all anti-town factions are eliminated. Their win condition is "You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated."
- This game has at least one anti-town faction. Anti-town factions win when town and all rival anti-town factions are defeated.
- This game may or may not have third-party factions. Their win conditions may or may not coincide with town/anti-town win conditions. A third-party faction win does not prevent a win for one of the other factions.
- There are no spoiler-reading or PM-listening type roles.
- No role is guaranteed to be sane.
- No role may self-target or target dead players unless otherwise specified.
- Role reveals are made the morning following death.
- Votes and questions must be posted in bold and on a new line, like this:
You must unvote to change votes, in bold and on a new line, like this:
- When someone gains a majority of the votes, they are automatically lynched, and daytime automatically ends whether or not the mod or co-mod is online to declare day-end. Posting after the hammer vote is not allowed, even if the hammer-vote was accidental. If you see that a hammer vote has been placed, please delete any post you were going to post. It is ok to post simply to indicate that a hammer vote was placed.
- If deadline is reached and no player has a majority of the votes, then the person with the most votes is lynched. If the votals are tied, then the player with the most who reached that total first will be lynched, unless all players have voted and exactly 2 people have been voted for. In that special case, there will be no lynch. If you don't understand this, please ask for clarification.
- You can vote to "NL" (no lynch). If "NL" gets the majority of the votes (or wins a tied votal), no one will be lynched.
- No posting in this thread unless you are playing in it.
- No talking about this game except in this thread or in an appropriately titled spoiler in the discussion thread.
- No editing your posts. For any reason, at any time unless explicitly told to do so by the mod or co-mod.
- Do not lurk! Lurkers risk being replaced.
- You may post in thread until a hammer vote is placed or the mod or co-mod declare the day over. The mod will not declare day over until after the deadline.
- If all players explicit say they are happy to end the day early, e.g. because of an unbreakable tie, the mod may end the day before the deadline.
- You may not quote directly from your role PM or anything else from the mod or co-mod. Paraphrasing is fine.
- Only use bold text for voting, unvoting, asking the mod questions or stating important information (e.g. being away for 2-3 days). FoSses and similar may also be in bold.
- No reading spoilered posts for this game in the discussion thread.
- Mod statements (apart from these rules) will be posted in bold.
- You’re alive until the mod tells you that you're dead, by PM or in thread.
- Once you die, you may no longer post in this thread, but you may read spoilers in the discussion thread. That is your consolation prize.
- Any exceptions to these rules will be explicitly stated in a player's role PM.
Private Message rules:
- You can ask the mod questions by PM if you'd rather not ask in thread.
- No PMing other players concerning this game unless your role specifically allows it and you CC the mod and co-mod in every
- If the game lasts to this year's Madness/Reckoning/Random Other Name the game may be paused. This will be discussed with the players and announced nearer the time.
- Flavour will be posted in italics.
- As lynching wasn't a particularly common thing in the Wheel of Time universe, a lynched or otherwise killed player may for purposes of flavour not be killed, but may be thrown into a dark cell, exiled, or otherwise removed from the scene of action. In any case, the mod will refer to them as being "dead" for clarity in bold.
- Characters mentioned in flavour may not be present in the game.
- The mod may include hints as to night actions in the flavour text, but then again may not.
- The game is set at the start of the second book in the series, The Great Hunt.
- The mod reserves the right to use characters who are not actually present in the book (or even the series), but this will be done sparingly.
Diemo MadgeLynched D1 ChaneModkilled end of D2 mpoloDied N1 emlightenedMadge SabrarDied N2 crucialityfactorDied N2 kaliraLynched D2
bessieLynched D3 SnarkDied N1
Role PMs are being sent out now. Please post confirmation that you have received yours and that you have read the rules. Once all players have posted confirmation, the mod will post D1 flavour and the game will begin.