1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

thunk

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby thunk » Fri May 27, 2016 5:25 pm UTC

This is the newpage of tea.

Please post your thoughts on whether you drink tea, and if so, why it is so awesomeful.
Free markets, free movement, free plops
Blitz on, my friends Quantized, GnomeAnne, and iskinner!
troo dat

svenman

Postby svenman » Fri May 27, 2016 6:24 pm UTC

Whoops, too late. Had to resort to temporal shenanigans to put my report of doing something remotely related to what remotely resembled a papal decree on the corresponding, i. e. previous, page.

About this page's decree: I like tea, at least most kinds, and I dislike the taste of coffee. Taste apart, the preparation and the drinking of tea just seem so much more relaxed than of coffee. Not the least because the preparation of tea requires you to follow the first commandment, making tea a highly suitable beverage for an OTTer.

So, to recap: If you asked this OTTer what he prefers to drink in the morning, what would he answer?
Spoiler:
Oh, tea! Tea!
And a scrumptious do(ugh)nut or two to go along with it would be quite fine, thank you.
Apart from Forum Games, mostly active on the One True Thread.
If you need help understanding what's going on there, the xkcd Time Wiki may be useful.

Addams thanks all of us who helped. Her life is much better now.

Randallspeed to all blitzers on the One True Thread!

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri May 27, 2016 7:23 pm UTC

svenman wrote:So, to recap: If you asked this OTTer what he prefers to drink in the morning, what would he answer?
Spoiler:
Oh, tea! Tea!
And a scrumptious do(ugh)nut or two to go along with it would be quite fine, thank you.

Image Image Image
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ucim

Postby ucim » Fri May 27, 2016 11:04 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:A wolpy beach party sounds like a lot of fun! I'm housesitting weinerwolpies for a friend this wipend.
Weinerwolpysitting sounds like a great opportunity for ketchup.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat May 28, 2016 1:16 am UTC

Ha! As long as I don't have any mustard with the guest wi-fi...
Spoiler:
No mustard with the wi-fi; I'm using it now!
I suppose it's only a matter of Time before relish gets assigned to some OTT phenomenon as well.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ucim

Postby ucim » Sat May 28, 2016 1:35 am UTC

Well, you certainly relish your punsaw!

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

thunk

37: White Dielectric Material

Postby thunk » Sat May 28, 2016 6:12 am UTC

To do radio astronomy, you must first clean up the plops on your telescope. Also don't open the microwave before it's done cooking.

1612/2488 pages read (64.79%).
33.0 dips taken.

Spoiler:
Bleh. I was going to have a past present here. But I realised I can't write well today. Next update! So here's a regular format one instead.

We enter the thread at the tail end of the Brain Slug invasion of the prior update, which now seems to be somewhat contained, and even dying down.
TheMinim stupendously somehow managed to OTTify 15 othercomics during this time period. You go girl--molpish! I probably couldn't do even one (no drawing skills here).

The "Saga of Epsilon and Zeta" ottification was of course, my favourite. Though I don't understand how Avila became Epsilon. While he is the guy that did most of the adored-by-Randy humor in that comic, and he does watch ballet to relax...okay, this makes sense now.

ChronosDragon wrote:Neural unbalance from a gradual efficiency upgrade that hasn't reached all the parts of the brain yet while the system is trying to cope with unprecedented input from all angles, and sense to try and make out of all of it.

Sounds about right there. Come to think of it, I am pretty much the same age as him.

BlitzGirl wrote:in which seaish Rosetta faces off with immortal guardian Expando in the ruins of the Chateau d'If, battling for ultimate supremacy over all Beaniekind.

Now for that Michael Bay movie we were talking about much earlier...

I seem to be the only molpy here that doesn't mind fireworks. But I sympathise--in certain situations, unexpected loud noises can and do suck, are painful on many levels. Sorry about the yokels who can't confine it to a holiday, at least.

For that matter, is there any place that changes clocks where Spring forward, fall back wouldn't be right?

Some Islamic countries suspend summer time for a mip during Ramadan (when it falls then). I don't profess to understand religion, but they apparently seem to think it's important.
Israel pre-2005 was even more confusing.

There is an What-if about the UIUC turfgrass wars. Maybe HAL has it in his programming to... uh...

Hi gingercat! You make your first appearance here! Also hi slinches, who says I'm doing good work with these blitzposts in the Doublepost thread.
(Is the Forum Games located in the basement or something?)

addams wrote:There is No Randal." is the simplest answer with the fewest odd ball assumptions.

Yes. The GLR is dead. It was evident long ago that the molpishness of the OTC owes to the OTT.
If Randy didn't have an obsessive fanbase to pore over every pixel change for months on end, this would be but a footnote in webcomic history.
Time 1 is ours. Hence why there's no need for Time 2.

There is a jar of taramasalata in my fridge. It has a lot of "a"s.

It's interesting that BlitzGirl et al. gender Lucky as female--for some reason, it's now traditional in some circles to refer to Mars rovers with "she/her" pronouns. I know it's done for ships and countries, but at first it seemed a bit unusual.
Emily Lakdawalla helped this usage apply to the Curiosity rover (as immortalized in the SMBC "Science" book), in part because of the robot's seaish backside.

Then, Aluisio, Dracomax, and ChronosDragon get transportalized back in time in an unusual version of an alternate reality game. Fun? Ch*rp yeah.
But I don't understand a lick of it.

Per my own papal decree--I pretty much drink tea constantly. Black, strong, and neither milk nor sugar. However, I do pursue occasional variations on the preceding. Still hard to find good tea in the US.

Somehow, I was not drinking tea while reading the part about the Related What-If. Epsilon.

BlitzGirl wrote:a small number of people being crazy repeatedly.

Molpy drang, xuys.
Last edited by thunk on Sun May 29, 2016 4:46 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
troo dat

svenman

Postby svenman » Sat May 28, 2016 8:41 am UTC

Bleh. I've been a silly molpy again.

(Because the four millionth forums post by forum statistics is still a lot farther away than I had mistakenly calculated, which I have realized only now. Determining which one exactly that is, however, is going to be difficult, if not impossible; the result is also going to be, at least potentially, unstable due to post deletions and delayed newbie post approvals.)

Time for tea.
Apart from Forum Games, mostly active on the One True Thread.
If you need help understanding what's going on there, the xkcd Time Wiki may be useful.

Addams thanks all of us who helped. Her life is much better now.

Randallspeed to all blitzers on the One True Thread!

ucim

Postby ucim » Sat May 28, 2016 3:27 pm UTC

svenman wrote:Bleh. I've been a silly molpy again.

(Because the four millionth forums post by forum statistics is still a lot farther away than I had mistakenly calculated

OTT: 99487 posts, so 513 to go before the 100K mark.
Entire board: 3873341 posts, so 126659 to go before 4M
so, 513 out of 126659 is what brings simultaneity.
That's one out of every 246 posts (that count).

At the moment we're doing about 17 posts per dix (ppd).
(100 forty-post pages ago was 6 Voyage 2AT (Oct 12, 2015H); 7 mips and a bit ago.
That same number of pages took two weeks (pg 800 to 900) in our heyday, where we were posting at the rate of 285 ppd, which made up one third of the entire board traffic. From this I infer total non-OTT traffic to be 570 ppd. (Watching the total post count over a few dix should confirm or refute this).

So, we're doing one out of every 33 posts in the entire forum, compared to the one out of 246 that would bring simultaneity.

This is consistent with my recollection of the posting charts showing we're doing one tenth the rate of our heyday. (Well, ok, within a factor of two. Arithmetic is hard! :) )

In any case (but not "at any rate"), we should hit our milestone long before the forum hits theirs. One mip for us, seven mips for them.

OTTers rule!
Spoiler:
Interestingly, the last post I used in my calculations, had the following:
taixzo wrote:edit2: apparently I can't count.
An omen?

It also indicates a slinches-calculated peak post rate of 600 ppd, which is consistent with the (lower) average caluclated earlier.
For decree: Perhaps it's heretical but I'm not that much into tea. I did have high tea when we went to England, and I've had sage tea for coughing fits (sage tea is quite steambottle but it works; thyme tea works almost as well but is much more molpish). Sometimes I'll have tea in oriental restaurants. My wife oscillates between tea and coffee, she's on a coffee jag right now. I have never liked coffee, and don't like the coffee taste of some dark beers. However, there are some mildly coffee-flavored desserts I don't mind.

Old juice from grapevines however... I can get into that! So I guess I'm not all that heretical. :)

Jose

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat May 28, 2016 4:31 pm UTC

Interesting stats stuff!

RUNNUNG for their lives, most likely:

OTT Time Travel: Newpage 728

Ebonite wrote:Felt we were overdue for another double-dactyl. . .

Heaviness breathiness
    Cueball and Megan did
    Incomprehensibly
    Wander in bliss

Both are presumably
    Heterosexual
    Don't you think we'd see more
    "Action" than this?
:D

For decree:
Iced tea is awesomeful. I'm ambivalent toward non-iced tea. Coffee is right out.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Sat May 28, 2016 5:10 pm UTC

I like tea! I'm not a big fan of coffee, so tea is my go-to warm drink during the winter. (And hot chocolate, of course!)
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Sat May 28, 2016 5:57 pm UTC

bftfpixels:
In frame 448 you see a clock:
Spoiler:

On the bottom of the the frame there are some pixels.
Could it be some text?
If you look at the scan (http://1190.bicyclesonthemoon.info/aftertime/bftf/somefiles.zip, 20141102_123618.PNG you'll see this text written on the clock:
It's the same text you can find on a clock in my film "Nie Śpij".
Why did I hide the text below the border?
Because it's a pun.

thunk wrote:Rabat na rowery!
FTFY

Redundant:
Spoiler:
ciasto.png
ciasto.png (4.24 KiB) Viewed 11672 times

redunpix.png
redunpix.png (1021 Bytes) Viewed 11672 times
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat May 28, 2016 6:08 pm UTC

Oh no, punthasar. I think you need some scrumptious pączki:
Spoiler:

(Yum, those really do look scrumptious. They're making me hungry.)

Image Image
Weinerwolpies Ketchup
Newpage 1637 to 1639

TheMinim wrote:Time never actually ended.

It had a fake ending and now is hiding from us, possibly for our own protection. The flood forced Time to end by ending itself, but its associates live on, unless they have been killed by the other associates. At least some of those associates relocated to nearby the forty just before the Zanclean Flood hit hardest, though.

Who's spiked my drink?

Time goes on, hidden in a witness protection program. Where did it relocate to? Under what assumed name is it now known?

azule wrote:It feels like the After after after after after after Time party. Or, positively, the Way way way way way Before Time II party. hehe.

So two and a half yips later, is this the After after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after Time party?

Awesomeful! I hadn't seen this OTColored before! I don't think it's on the OTW yet.

balthasar_s wrote:I normally need more time to draw because my eye-hand coordination is a bit mustarded. I have a light case of dysgraphia.

Baobabs! I would never have guessed. (Never did guess, all this Time later.) Your drawings are excellent, baltha-art!

AluisioASG wrote:Stop trying to compare yourself with BlitzGirl. That can help. After all…
Spoiler:

Image It's over 4000 ni ni nis! I don't even know what that means!

Eternal Density wrote:Finally, a chance to be First OTTifier!

That's kind of twisted. Like Rosetta is celebrating the fact she's about to have prime beachfront property while all the unfortunate molpies and plants and people below the dotted line are going to be seaed to death.

jjjdavidson wrote:Hello, all my dear OTTers! Sorry I've been away so long. I have to confess: The OTT frightens me more than a bit. I lost five months of my life to Time, and I'm still not entirely back on track.

The OTT is a great and terrible force, but I'd say it only becomes frightening after too much Outside exposure. Sort of like how lake Image feels chilly the first Time you jump in, but then your body gets used to it after a while. Clearly the solution is to just keep swimming otting!

january1may wrote:Hello! New OTTer here (hopefully).
Spoiler:
I won't be Pope or anything, I suspect (three or so posts still to go until that), and in a short while would be going blitzing anyway (to better find out what was actually going on way back in the time of Time).

[rest of post snipped because posting problems... why would any automatic system flag my posts as spam?]

Because reasons.

Ohey, it's january1may's firstpost! Treeish! (With an added dash of mod at the **d there.)
Whatever happened to january1may? I suppose I'll have to continue my mission of ketchup to find out...
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

balthasar_s

Re: 1190: "After after after after after after after after after after after after Time party"

Postby balthasar_s » Sat May 28, 2016 6:15 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:So two and a half yips later, is this the After after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after Time party?

It's the:
Spoiler:
after after after after
after after after after
after after after after
Time party
Time party
!
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat May 28, 2016 6:30 pm UTC

Oh yeah! Image
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Sat May 28, 2016 7:28 pm UTC

Just watched this RELATED video on Sandcastle Engineering:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0olpSN6_TCc
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat May 28, 2016 8:23 pm UTC

Interesting! Rosetta and the Beanies should hire sandcastlish Cueganites to engineer some roads for carcastles.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

thunk

Postby thunk » Sat May 28, 2016 9:03 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Whatever happened to january1may? I suppose I'll have to continue my mission of ketchup to find out...

As I (cryptically) mentioned in an early blitzpost, they hang out in the Language Log comments a lot.

Also some contributions on the Googology Wiki.
troo dat

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np1674

Postby mscha » Sat May 28, 2016 9:10 pm UTC

SEEDUNGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:KEEP CALM AND MRORL ON

-- posted by oldpixbot

BlitzGirl

Re: 1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np1674

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat May 28, 2016 10:43 pm UTC

AUTOMOME wrote:KEEP CALM AND MRORL ON

How exactly does one mrorl?
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

Re: 1190: "Thyme"

Postby Eternal Density » Sun May 29, 2016 1:27 am UTC

I've never tried tea. Yesterday I had three cups of hot chocolate (at two different venues). That's unusual for me, but it was a cold day and people kept offering.
Also enjoyed scrumptious spicy butter chicken.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Sun May 29, 2016 1:34 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:For decree:
Iced tea is awesomeful. I'm ambivalent toward non-iced tea. Coffee is right out.

Hereabouts, ordering iced tea will get you a funny look, and possibly something other than you want. Here one orders Sweet Tea. (Or unsweet, if that is the preference.) Unsweet is not always available. I'm more of a coffee drinker for hot beverages, but Sweet Tea, for cold.

Wolpy Beach Party was a success.

010.JPG
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun May 29, 2016 3:39 am UTC

GazUNG back at a spiky plant:

OTT Time Travel: Newpage 734

Eternal Density wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:No comment on the cactuspalmthingy, Megball? Is it not even worth a "neat"?

It looks prickly, not neat.

It's even more prickly than pricklymolp!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

thunk

37a

Postby thunk » Sun May 29, 2016 4:53 am UTC

--intermediate blitzpost--
--next full signpost at the usual NP--

Chr-Drg's alternate reality game finally comes to an end.

And what do we get? An OTTification of the Midnip Crew song.

make me a member of the OTT

This thread has (un)officially reached peak hamsteak.

decree: I certainly don't take my tea with little cubes.
troo dat

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun May 29, 2016 6:15 am UTC

But how could you say no to tea like this?
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np1686

Postby mscha » Sun May 29, 2016 9:10 am UTC

LARUNGOTOMIES...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by Ximenez.)

Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:THERE IS NO BAG FOR THE FLUTTERBEEWINGISH

-- posted by oldpixbot

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun May 29, 2016 8:33 pm UTC

Image Image
Weinerwolpies Ketchup II
Newpage 1640 to 1644

I previously skimmed over these newpages on an MTA while my main organized sand was dead, so I've seen most of the content before.

mattachu wrote:Then I see that people are still commenting on this thread even now after the comic has finished! I can only assume that it has spawned a civilization of its own, with the religion(s) and culture(s) now possessing so much life that this thread will never die. I wonder what I will find as I read through your past?

A lot of molpies and grapevines and semencoffeecancerbaconbabiesonstarsandandice.

Eternal Density wrote:Some more pics:

the river is small, the dam is big

I wasn't expecting some sort of molpy list

found a beanie drawing of the dam

evidently, this is a NewDam

Baobabs! So much RELATEDness in these photos!
I'm not quite sure why it's COTTer dam, but I suppose the sea is big and does what it wants.

pachinkoid wrote:did anyone think to plot in-ness vs posts?
that is, what percentage of a post could be understood by someone reading just that post?

As the OTT continues, the percentage should asymptotically approach 0.

ggh wrote:For you lovely folks, 1932:

The WOWterful wowterfall! :D (I don't remember it being so riverish though. Something mustardy is going on with wiki-based images on the thread... I've seen smileys the size of the sea and now a miniwowterfall...) The RORRIM has it saved at regular size. Maybe I should be doing ketchup there.

taixzo wrote:So I thought I'd share part of my "One True Symphony", the Starry Night portion. Think of it as a preview for the entire piece.

The mp3 is at http://www.wikiupload.com/62W11TZK2VYWJWE.

Not anymore! The mp3 seems to have gone on a Long Journey.
taixzo wrote:And I finally managed to figure out how to turn off the "Ken Burns" effect in iMovie, so here's a video with the frames synced with the music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xjJ__gEV9E

This still works! And it's still so flutterbeewingish! Image
My favorite part is the sound effects for the ch*rps and how they mesh with the music.

mrob27 wrote:
"Some New Way to Blitz"
based on jjjdavidson's "Some Time to Ketchup"
based in turn on "Somebody to Love" by Queen / Freddie Mercury

Listen or download here (SoundCloud)

Quoted again for sheer awesomefulness. It's so fun to listen to!

ucim wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:"Thongumajig" might be my new favorite ONG-word.

Is that what you wear when you're dancing?

That's a pun. Image
But I think the statute of limitations might be up on it, so I'll just post the dancing thongsmiley: Image
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ucim

Postby ucim » Sun May 29, 2016 9:30 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:That's a pun. Image
'twould be yours!
BlitzGirl wrote:But I think the statute of limitations might be up on it...
So, punsters do have legal rights! This could form the basis of a new political party - the Punster Liberation Front. Soon they'll be demanding citizenship and a full pension!

If you need to climb a ladder to get up to the top of the dam pictured in your ketchup, what would it be made of?

Jose

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Sun May 29, 2016 10:40 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:Image
evidently, this is a NewDam[/color][/i]

Baobabs! So much RELATEDness in these photos!
I'm not quite sure why it's COTTer dam, but I suppose the sea is big and does what it wants.

Vitssågen, ja!

BlitzGirl wrote:
taixzo wrote:So I thought I'd share part of my "One True Symphony", the Starry Night portion. Think of it as a preview for the entire piece.

The mp3 is at http://www.wikiupload.com/62W11TZK2VYWJWE.

Not anymore! The mp3 seems to have gone on a Long Journey.

Oops. I should find a more sustainable hosting alternative - I suppose I can host it on my website, with a robots.txt that lets the Wayback Machine archive it.

BlitzGirl wrote:
taixzo wrote:And I finally managed to figure out how to turn off the "Ken Burns" effect in iMovie, so here's a video with the frames synced with the music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xjJ__gEV9E

This still works! And it's still so flutterbeewingish! Image
My favorite part is the sound effects for the ch*rps and how they mesh with the music.]

Thank you! Also, thanks for reminding me of this project, I should finish up another section for my next RNM.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon May 30, 2016 12:58 am UTC

ucim wrote: This could form the basis of a new political party - the Punster Liberation Front. Soon they'll be demanding citizenship and a full pension!

Punsion. I'm sure their party platform would include making puns out of every word possible.

taixzo wrote:Also, thanks for reminding me of this project, I should finish up another section for my next RNM.

That would be awesomeful! I have some OTTish projects I need to be working on myself.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ucim

Postby ucim » Mon May 30, 2016 1:10 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Punsion. I'm sure their party platform would include making puns out of every word possible.
Well, I wasn't going to sawy it. :) But I'd buy up gasoline futures if they got into power.

Oh, and "Cotterdamerungs".

Jose

balthasar_s

bOTTeriada goes ONG

Postby balthasar_s » Mon May 30, 2016 4:11 am UTC

the mr*bdex story cONGtinues.

Code: Select all

if he wished ever to see his Hotdogging Sovereign back in the physical world, signed: "Idle herewith digtally signs this Royal Missive by his SHA-256, We are Immersed, Digitised, and Suspended in a Hotdog Matrix of unknown dimension and location,

-- posted by mrImagebdexbot

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon May 30, 2016 5:00 am UTC

I'm trying to mentally picture a Hotdog Matrix.
It seems to involve lots of weiners and a starring role for Keanu Reeves.
Now trying to mentally unpicture a Hotdog Matrix.

New Othercomic.
World War XIV will probably be fought in the Hotdog Matrix.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Mon May 30, 2016 6:56 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:I'm trying to mentally picture a Hotdog Matrix.

New Othercomic.

World Wars VIII-XI probably caused society to collapse, yet again. The survivors turn their hand to engineering...and begin wearing Beanies.

(And now we know that their successors go to destroy the world yet again...)
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Eternal Density

Re: 1190: "Bullet Time"

Postby Eternal Density » Mon May 30, 2016 7:54 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:I'm trying to mentally picture a Hotdog Matrix.

New Othercomic.

Related webvenience: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NLVYE9GVtPY
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np1713

Postby mscha » Mon May 30, 2016 12:10 pm UTC

WORKUNGMEN...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by mscha.)

Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:GRAPEVINE GOES WHERE‽

-- posted by oldpixbot

StormAngel

Tea-Minus 1190 Minips

Postby StormAngel » Mon May 30, 2016 1:22 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:GazUNG back at a spiky plant:
Spoiler:

OTT Time Travel: Newpage 734
Eternal Density wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:No comment on the cactuspalmthingy, Megball? Is it not even worth a "neat"?

It looks prickly, not neat.

It's even more prickly than pricklymolp!

Redundant:
Spoiler:
RedundaPrickly.png
Woz Reduntant

1053-1680-2048.png
We Three Frames of Orienteering

I don't drink tea, but I love a good hot chocolate, and warmed blackcurrant juice is also great.
(FYI: Yes, I've tried mixing them together, and no it won't be the last time I do so)
Oelpr Jnhar, Knight of the Chronological Order, Protector of Othamburg
"HELLO. MY NAME IS STORMANGEL. YOU OTCOLORED MY NOPICES. PREPARE TO GO CAVE."
yappobiscuits wrote:"I wanna be redundant too! Lemme be redundant! C'monnn!"

My OTTifications on Imgur
Spoiler:
Ch*rp

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Mon May 30, 2016 3:43 pm UTC

ucim wrote:Oh, and "Cotterdamerungs".

Well played, Sir.

I think we're missing a link to the OtherComic from last daveandix, so here you are.

For decree: I'm a big fan of tea, preferably black.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon May 30, 2016 5:52 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:World War XIV will probably be fought in the Hotdog Matrix.

Related webvenience: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NLVYE9GVtPY

Ha! Nice find. Score another point for the internet.

StormAngel wrote:
Spoiler:

Steakish!

Depth perceptiUNG...

OTT Time Travel: Newpage 746

charlie_grumbles wrote:I've discovered that we on this thread are a Tribe.
Spoiler:
Perhaps it needs a name, though Time Waiters is a pretty good one. This thread is our cave, where we meet to share experiences. Members come and go, but maintain a connection to the Tribe. There is an US and a THEM, though we aren't exclusionary. But definitely an US.

Different members have different roles in the tribe. I'm one of the "elders of the tribe". No, not one of the leaders, my post count is far too low for that. One of the elders. The elders in a tribe are valuable because they are the ones that haven't been eaten by the saber-toothed molpys for the longest amount of time. Most roles in a tribe are earned, but you get to be an elder just by living a long time and seeing a lot of stuff, some of which works and some of which doesn't. So there is no special honor in being an elder, though viejo is used in Spanish as a term of honor as well as endearment (viejo/vieja = old man/old woman)

Some of our leaders are quite young, in fact, but have earned their place. Leaders set the tone and the direction of the advancement of the Tribe. Even young HAL9000 (may his presentation have gone well) has taken a leadership role at times. But the elders are old. Stands to reason.

People are free to leave, but few do. When not seen for a while, the others ask about/worry about them. Often they return and we rejoice.

Members of other tribes don't always understand. My wife is a bit mystified by all this.

We are not an army, but a Tribe. We share a culture. We extend that culture. The old ones (like myself) often offer advice to the young, as is good and proper. The leaders, like buffygirl, keep us unified (i.e. hatted). The advice of the old isn't always taken, as is also proper, as the young need, ultimately, to find their own way.

It is even possible that if Time ended that the Tribe would find a way to live on. It is even possible that GLR guides the Tribe by listening to what is here and providing direction via the OTC.

Since elders don't, typically, hunt anymore (leaving the pursuit of molpys to others) we are free to philosophize. Some of what we know is garbage. So, some of what we say is garbage. We (the elders) hope you understand. Sometimes we try to be funny/endearing so you don't throw us out. Sometimes we try to give serious important advice. Sometimes it is. Sometimes it is garbage. We hope you understand and continue to offer cake.

Chocolate.

Chocolate Cake.

Hmmm. Yes. That is the essence.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

thunk

Empty nopix before post: 5

Postby thunk » Mon May 30, 2016 10:55 pm UTC

Life is confusing.
I've been traveling.

So, as goat, hi.

BlitzGirl wrote:Punsion. I'm sure their party platform would include making puns out of every word possible.

Enforce law and order: put criminals in the punitentary, for appropriate punishment.

(Is that a scrumptious donut at my doorstep?)

BlitzGirl wrote:But how could you say no to tea like this?

This sort of tea is permissible, and delicious. The other kind--with little *sugar* cubes was just another hamsteak reference.
I don't take tea with sugar.

BlitzGirl wrote:How exactly does one mrorl?

Probably something related to thunking, which I haven't figured out either.
troo dat

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”