1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

svenman

Re: 1190: "Time" - Too crazy to be mental

Postby svenman » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:20 pm UTC

Sorry to hear about your disorganized sand, Balthasar.
Febrion wrote:
balthasar_s wrote:{Computer mustard}

I know it sucks to be in that position, but I couldn't help but think "awefulsome!" at that - I'm notorious for "going Mad Scientist" on computers, more than just swapping out a HDD or some memory, it's nice to know I'm not the only one.
{More computer mustard}

Seems like Randall has been in the same boat. Only without boat.

Edit: Whoa, poped. Decree: Tell us about mustard that you can look back on and laugh about.

Edit 2:
BlitzGirl wrote:
Weinerwolpies Ketchup
Newpage 1637 to 1639

[...]

Awesomeful! I hadn't seen this OTColored before! I don't think it's on the OTW yet.

I haven't wikiblitzed that part of the OTT yet, but as an exception I've added the colorization to the Wiki now.

Edit 3:
BlitzGirl wrote:
Weinerwolpies Ketchup II
Newpage 1640 to 1644

[...]
ggh wrote:For you lovely folks, 1932:

The WOWterful wowterfall! :D (I don't remember it being so riverish though. Something mustardy is going on with wiki-based images on the thread... I've seen smileys the size of the sea and now a miniwowterfall...) The RORRIM has it saved at regular size. Maybe I should be doing ketchup there.

Wikia seems to purposefully mustard up the size of images hosted at one of their wikis that get embedded on other websites, including this forum. Probably because it bypasses the advertisements that they rely on for revenue. Apparently they uniformly set these images to a horizontal size of 200 pixels, which is designed to make pictures more riverish in general, but in the case of smilies it has the opposite effect.
Apart from Forum Games, mostly active on the One True Thread.
If you need help understanding what's going on there, the xkcd Time Wiki may be useful.

Addams thanks all of us who helped. Her life is much better now.

Randallspeed to all blitzers on the One True Thread!

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: 1190: "Time" - Too crazy to be mental

Postby SBN » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:13 pm UTC

svenman wrote:
Edit: Whoa, poped. Decree: Tell us about mustard that you can look back on and laugh about.

My engagement. No wait, that doesn't sound right. Here's the story.

We were going to visit his cousin in Victoria, BC. Traffic was good, the border was good, he dropped me off to get ferry tickets and went to park the car. Seemed like forever waiting for him there, but finally he ran up, said he'd jump started a car for 2 older ladies. Aww that was nice and the boat's still here, we're good.

We get to the top, they are still loading cars, he hands me his bag and says, find us seats, I'm just going to call cousin to say which ferry to meet.
I got good seats, he didn't make it.

So his cousin and I spent an hour getting to know one another over Tim-bits* and waiting for him to arrive on the next boat.

We considered, but discarded, the idea of messing with him, pretending she couldn't find me, or getting a stranger to stand with her instead of me. She did always ask after that, if she'd be meeting one boat or two.

He did propose the next day, though he later said he almost didn't, because he didn't want anything to be wrong on that weekend. I figured that being able to laugh about things going wrong was an important thing.

We'll celebrate our 27th anniversary this month, so there is something to that.

*The holes of scrumptious Canadian donuts.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

thunk

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby thunk » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:39 pm UTC

Mustard?

Well I was going back from a competition thing in the Washington, D.C. suburbs. Getting on the metro back to IAD, I decided to try to get on a rather full train. Then the doors closed, separating me from my group. Not knowing what to do, I first waited at the next stop, then decided to get back toward Dulles (where at least I knew the other half of my group was), resulting in a wild goose change that ended when we met up at West Falls Church. (The Silver Line had not opened yet).

It ended well, and we got home safely.

==> Send congratulations to Balthaquestant.

Good job escaping from the clusters of computer mustard and hamsteak!
Your skycircle is evidently somewhere in paradox space.
(a crossover fanfic (TimeQuest) edges ever closer.)
Free markets, free movement, free plops
Blitz on, my friends Quantized, GnomeAnne, and iskinner!
troo dat

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-1217

Postby SilentTimer » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:00 pm UTC

THE NICE THUNG ABOUT HEADVIRRGINS IS THAT IT'S REALLY EASY TO GET OTHER PEOPLE TO BELIEVE IN THEM. -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… what Megan is pointing at?
Spoiler:
Like in Time, we first see Megan pointing at something, and only after that what it is.
-- posted by SilentBot Image
Image Did you like 1190: Time?
Then you will like its sequel: t1i. [Discussion] [Making Of]
ucim wrote:I consider it to be canon.

503? Images don't work? Other mustard? Visit the ЯOЯЯIM!

Randalspeed to Rakhal, thunk, and all Blitzers!

balthasar_s

I'm a member of the Moonbase Crew

Postby balthasar_s » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:11 pm UTC

thunk wrote:Good job escaping from the clusters of computer mustard and hamsteak!
Your skycircle is evidently somewhere in paradox space.
(a crossover fanfic (TimeQuest) edges ever closer.)

Wow, I'm already looking forward to the Moonbase Crew intermission.

ETA: even more :shock: :shock: s:
In BFTF, in most of the frames I don't draw arms. Unless I have to.

Redundant!
Spoiler:

basenclock.png

basenclock2.png
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

Soup

Postby Soup » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:15 am UTC

ggh wrote:Glad to hear that SouperCutemolpy is doing well. :)

Thanks,ggh!
Waiting for it...

Go username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, Rakhal, thunk!!

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:05 am UTC

My goodness, it's been a while, hasn't it.

Turns out university takes a lot of attention! So much that old friends and dear pastimes fall by the wayside... or the upside, as a Basement-oriented frame of reference would have it.

I see the wheels of OTTerdom continue to turn apace, unstopped by the relentless march of what is known in some locales as the ravages of time. Here, of course, is recognized the supreme value of Time, and the change which it brings appreciated, rather than reviled, in turn.

I'm sorry, I've been doing too much math recently, I've got a backlog of words in my head which want for a meaningful subject.

You may see me around more frequently soon, as I exit spring quarter and enter my summer occupation! I think balthasar_s must have pulled some strings at the moon base, because I got a fairly selective position in NASA's internship program! I'll be molpying around down in Florida, with, I hope, more free time on my hands than I have as a full-time college student. Further wordage on the subject to follow if it turns out to be the case.

This meager message is unfortunately sent mostly out of context, so those posts recently made are unknown to me, as, likely will the replies. On the offchance I find the time to perform what is at this point a truly tremendous (on the order of over a year!) ketchup, feel free to leave me condimencouragement and such. How are things here in OTTersville? Have TimeAfterTime comics kept everyone well comiciated? Are all my picture URLs still broken? I really must find Time to go through and fix them... everything is still around at http://cloud.chronal.net/public/<image name.png>, it's simply a matter of doing the labor... or writing a bOTTer to do it for me!

Cheers all, and I hope to see you again very soon!
Til then, I've one or two more finals to finalize and then two movings to do, so I really must be molpying down. Ta!

HES

Postby HES » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:20 am UTC

Welcome upward, CD!
ChronosDragon wrote:I got a fairly selective position in NASA's internship program!

Wow! In a few years you'll be in a prime position to become a cartoonist ;)
He/Him/His Image

karhell

Postby karhell » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:55 am UTC

Hey, it's ChronosDragon! Haven't seen you in a lóng time! Welcome back!
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:04 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote: I'll be molpying around down in Florida

Hey, that's where I am! You should come meet the wolpies!
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

ggh

Re: The making of t-1: PROLOGUE

Postby ggh » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:56 pm UTC

More ketchup from pages ago:

taixzo wrote:BEGINNING THOUGHT TRANSMISSION FROM 2003
Spoiler:
Huh, I keep my mouth in the same shape for an 'm' sound as I do for a 'b' and a 'p'. I wonder whether there are any other sounds like that?

*goes through alphabet*

Ok, there are 3 sets: m, b, p; n, d, t; and ng, g, k. Words seem to put letters in a set together a lot, although it's not always obvious - for instance, in the work "ink", the n is making a "ng" sound. It's rather obnoxious that letters in English aren't always consistent.

What if there was a way of writing that made it obvious how a word sounded?

*sketching out letters*

Ok, I've got a first attempt.

*a few days later*

I've been using this to take notes during class, and have discovered some problems with it. There are too many strokes per character, especially in the "ng g k" series; when written in multiline text, it isn't clear whether a dot goes with the line above or below it; and "f" and "r" look too much alike.

*redesigns some things*

Cool! I now have a writing system that is based on sounds instead of letters. And...I don't really have anything to do with it.
*puts paper in filing cabinet, forgets about it for 12 years*
That's just awesomeful! *chuckles*

Another nifty OTThercomic from svenman - this time about EDs neural network pseudo-OTTers - reminded me to mention this paper, which was brought to my attention a few weeks ago: On the reception and detection of pseudo-profound bullshit. I haven't had more than a gentle glance, so I'm not sure if it gives any useful tips, but I got a kick out of the fact it exists.

Also, thanks, svenman, for the "seaish philological ramblings". That helped me heaps!

thunk wrote:A few nights ago, I dreamt I was in the OTC universe, standing on the Indiana Dunes looking northwest. The skyscrapers of Chicago were barely standing, but all else had returned the city to the swamp which it originally was. Just then, a building collapsed and some debris came out.
200 years ago, my vicinity was just prairie and trees. Not too much later, the last of our lights will finally be extinguished, and this place will look somewhat like this again (with excess bits of plastic).
This reminded me of the Billy Joel song, which I then had to look up because "Miami 2017" seemed too close to be right.
If you need a distraction, we're here for you, thunk!

I know: that's a pretty meagre ketchup attempt. I didn't even make it to the Return of Yappo. I meant to do more.
Today was going well. Today I was going to ketchup a few pages and email my Uncle Tom.
Then, today I discovered there is a thing called a carpet beetle. Huh. Well, I guess I deserve that more than anyone. Still I'm surprised. Who wants to eat a rug?
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

macraw83

Postby macraw83 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:41 pm UTC

A few updates on my WTA:
  • I can access what-if.xkcd.com! :D
  • I cannot access whatif.xkcd.com :?
  • I can access xkcd.mscha.org! :D
  • I cannot access mrob.com, CM.com, botm.info, or numerous other treeish sites :cry:
  • I can access github! :D
  • I cannot install scripts :(

In any case, I'm saving most of the posts that have images I cannot see in a message draft, so that I can go back and see them from my MTA or HTA. I've also decided to resume my Blitz, and abstain from the SchizoBlitz, and I'll add some BlitzPosts occasionally from my HTA where I can properly reply to things. First, however, I have a response to a part ofmrob's post on NP2140:
mrob27 wrote:
balthaserver wrote:
mrob27 wrote:: Maybe when we re-envision it as a Minecraft meetup

Why Minecraft?

I propose a meetup via a readily-available form of virtual reality, but without the need for any special equipment; the simplest example is a multiplayer online game that includes first-person 3-D graphics and player avatars. Minecraft falls into this category, and in addition, it offers the ability to create stuff within the 3D world, or even to create an entire world. This has already been suggested by OTTers (albeit with different videogame engines). We could build artworks of various kinds (pixel art, 3-D sculptures and/or buildings) which would be a new form of OTTerlike creativity. You can put messages or poetry on signs, make redstone-activated contraptions that play melodies (though you need to arrange for the player to follow a path in a properly-timed manner, for the melody to be audible), and Randall knows what else.
I do still have that Terraria server up and running from almost 2 yips ago now, even though it only has a riverish amount of work done in it, which currently amounts to part of the starting castle. It would be treeish to see it finally get some use, so shoot me a PM if you're interested in hopping on. We could possibly try to set some specific times for "meetups" on there, too, if that's something that sounds molpish to other OTTers.
In a comically tragic turn of events, Addams didn't die. You can help her here.

Does the basement ever end?

Good luck to all the Blitzers out there!

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

Link

1190: "Time": MAXIMUM CUPCAKES YIELDS MAXIMUM MIPS

Postby Link » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:59 pm UTC

Blindposting to say that, now that I'm done with Quantum Field Theory, I finally have some Time to microblitz back to the Present from my last blindpost. Which I now have to go and find -- the OTT is big!¹

HES

Postby HES » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:00 pm UTC

macraw83 wrote:I do still have that Terraria server up and running from almost 2 yips ago now, even though it only has a riverish amount of work done in it, which currently amounts to part of the starting castle.

Hmm. I got as far as "Purchase Terraria", maybe even "Download Terraria", but never "Run Terraria" or "OTTerraria".

ETA: I loaded up Portal 2 the other dip, hit "continue", and found myself in an unfinished HES map. It was about 3/4 done, give or take some demustardisation... I should probably find time to finish that off too.
He/Him/His Image

thunk

Fit the 42nd: der Ganze Rest

Postby thunk » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:13 pm UTC

Let's see... 4 times 13 is... Oh dear! I shall never get to 27 at that rate!

1816/2491 pages read (72.90%)
43.5 dips taken

Spoiler:
It is the season of Advent, and as a result, things are heating up in the OTT.

The SilentONGs find Cuegan going back down the second mountain, and finding the Blue Cave. People pretty much immediately surmise that the blue is a result of radiation, and find the broken pieces of steel and dead Beanie within. I didn't notice the blue the first time, probably because Firefox has accurate color settings while Chrome does not.

Of course, it's impossible to put up a warning sign that won't attract curious onlookers, so we have the thread speculating that the big X's are giant croquet sticks.

Valiant Second Beanie attempts to save Cueball from entry (LOOK OUT!), but xe falls. Ouch. Megball and the rest carry hir back to camp.

One question that bothered me:
taixzo wrote:the radiation would have died off to the point that things don't glow anymore in 11,000 years.

That's actually probably true. WIthout going into artistic license (which is still fine), note that part of the cave is underwater, and ChekhovCherenkov radiation can actually occur without killing everyone around instantly. And the structural elements of the spent fuel barrels etc. may have been compromised, leading to a recent criticality accident where they pulled together (that, I think, was the solution in the similar MLP fanfic).

Threadwise, there was a decree to mimic others' styles. This was a very fun one, and I think the best part was when mrob, january1may, and BalTDWR made parody signposts in what tried to be a 3-cycle but wasn't quite one.

mrob27 wrote:A little more than 7↑↑27 redundakitties

Wow. F27 or so redundakitties is a lot! (using PsiCubed forum games notation)
Thank you, mrob, because from your Large Numbers page, I first learned precisely what that was.
RELATED-ly, there was discussion of Hypercalc versus Wolfram Alpha on one of the googology pages, and apparently Hypercalc has a bug with factorials. (7!)! is three orders of magnitude bigger on WA, which is the correct answer.

Minor discussions like knots and MOLD and tornadography were held some of the rest of time. Milder OTTish curses are probably a good idea. I mean, cheaper mallard! Also earth.nullschool.net is very much awesome. It runs on the GFS's now-analysis and forecasts.

When I got my driver's license, I screwed up much of the test out of fear--culminating in failure to park perpendicularly. (I'm fine with parallel parking though.) I somehow passed, and got a plastic hologram card within minips, just like ED.

Karhell reaches the present gloriously. And yes, "post-blitz rehab" might be a good idea when I finish too.

ChrDrg, Jose: Bitcoin is failing with scalability now, and people have long since figured out how to exploit the system and profit from it. It's also hard to use as an actual currency because it lacks stability in value--when people don't know how much their money is worth a week from now, they will speculate and hoard, instead of spending it. Keeping money under the bed may be good for dragmolps, but it's bad for an economy.

There was mention of the 2048 hotdog, and earlier, Flappy Bird. It's like c**kies. Though my circle of friends managed to get addicted to the slightly earlier Threes before 2048 became developed.

And the Madness 1 A.T. is announced. It has already started on page 1816. This is going to be fun!
I do love how the announcement thread became a discussion of how the OTT will be made (more/less) comprehensible, but it makes sense that the mods didn't.
Given what I see of the Outside right now, I'd rather be crazy and molpish.

Azule has a lemon. And that's all that I'll say about that one.

HES? wrote:They will be visited by a magical raptor, who will sing the healing chirp-song of the native feathered molpies...

Uhh... I don't know how to sing that one. Sorry.

And I have another past present-- I ottified the 42 Negative Precepts (well, the wikipedia translation thereof; sources differ) from the Egyptian Book of the Dead.
Spoiler:
1. I have not sinned.
2. I have not mustarded the Thread.
3. I have not stolen others’ work.
4. I have slain nomolpy.
5. I have not purloined past presents.
6. I have not purloined present presents.
7. I have not purloined what is the GLR’s.
8. I have not uttered puns.
9. I have not been stingy with cakes.
10. I have not used ch*rp liberally.
11. I have ch*rped not with molpies.
12. I have driven none to steambottle.
13. I have not wept for naught.
14. I have not impeded the blitzers.
15. I am not a molpy of wordplay.
16. I have not stolen others’ OTTifications.
17. I have not creeped elsewhere upon other OTTers.
18. I have slandered nomolpy.
19. I have not entered the Basement without just cause.
20. I have not posted flashy gifs without warning.
21. I most definitely have not posted flashy gifs without warning.
22. I have not acted mustardly.
23. I have committed no personal attacks.
24. I have not broken the Forum Rules.
25. I have not raged over the multiple of Lego.
26. I have not shut my ears to that which is One True.
27. I have not committed heresy.
28. I am not a molpy of vindictiveness.
29. I am not an inciter of flame wars.
30. I have not failed to Wait For It.
31. I am not a nosy molpy.
32. I have not made my posts seaish without need.
33. I have done naught endish.
34. I have not tempted OTTers with c**kies (or other addictions).
35. I have never caused the Sea to rise.
36. I have never posted in anger.
37. I have not committed heresy against the GLR.
38. I have not acted with contempt toward OTTers.
39. I have not purloined others’ OdeTiTies.
40. I have not carried away the food of the basemented.
41. I have not taken umbrage at new posters, nor treated with contempt the current pope.
42. I have not slain the redundakitties.

If you do these, your heart will be found too heavy, and will be devoured by the raptorcat kept in out basement. Thus ends your afterlife.
troo dat

mrob27

1190: Time: HOW MUCH FLUTTERBEEWINGISH LEGO CAN CURLY EMPINKEN?

Postby mrob27 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:54 pm UTC

(I am Imageing until further notice.)

svenman wrote:Optimistically (of course) / internationally / conversationally / computationally / hedonistically / motivationally / compositionally / unspontaneously / transatlantically / transpacifically / transportationally / competitionally / perturbationally

Honestly, I don't get this at all. Using "1" for a stressed syllable and "0" for unstressed, an anapest is "001". Your original "unambiguously" is 001000, as is "computationally" and a couple others. But most of these words you're suggesting have the stress pattern 101000 (some lazy or rushed dialects might take a 0 off the end) rather than the claimed/advertised "001001".
  Writing double-anapest poetry doesn't need to be this hard:

Code: Select all

1        I
 11001    I know how to write
 10101    Every kind of verse
 001      Except one.
 101      It’s so hard
 010100   The form most awefulsome
 010010   So treeish in ketchup
 001001   But I mustard it up
     (etc.)
 10001    OTTers of the world!
 0101     It’s now the Time
 01011001 To write this verse once and for all!
 10       Molpies
 1001     Bring me the rhymes!
     (etc.)
 101      Building up
 101      Steakish thoughts
 101      Final line
 011      It’s your test.
 101      Leave out two
 001      Make a rhyme
 1011100  Now you’ve got your anapest

as demonstrated by my own script, which extracts actual text from the OTT and arranges it into stanzas of any desired length, metre and rhyme scheme (in this case, ABBA double-anapest):
Mrol's bOTTronic Bard wrote:
 and continued to build
 for the MOTHER OF ALL
 And that river is small
 that affected and killed
  I'm enjoying the ride
  From the talk of a group
  of the World in a loop
  from the opposite side
 This is one of the space
 for the OTTscars are here
 are entirely clear
 that results in a place
  of a task to explain
  is a problem at all
  And I want to install
  this a while to regain
 For this reason I doubt
 to be manually
 but it's generally
 in denial about
  or are people asleep
  but I couldn't resist
  That is meant to exist
  a suggestion to keep
 to the rifleman's creed
 is a drawing mistake
 and is suited to make
 for the hat I can read
  of statistical claims
  to relate to this thread
  at the link to embed
  can just copy the frames
(etc.)
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

Eternal Density

My Time-character-hair-derived name is Cueball

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:29 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:I mustarded my computer for 3 weeks. And did not blitz then.
<snip>
Wow, and I thought I was awesomeful for reinstalling my video driver (and realising I needed to do that and remembering how) when Ubuntu stopped working, and having it actually work the first time and load the GUI without needing to reboot.
balthasar_s wrote:And then, I noticed in a post by mrob27 a mention of Homestuck.
I already heard the name before but didn't know much more about it. I think I saw the first page of it once.
I went to see what it is...
and spent 3 weeks reading it. I finished yesterday.
I liked it.
I admit I laughed at this sudden diversion from sand-organising to otherothercomic-reading.
HES wrote:Welcome upward, CD!
ChronosDragon wrote:I got a fairly selective position in NASA's internship program!

Wow! In a few years you'll be in a prime position to become a cartoonist ;)

Is it not the quest of all of us to become GLR?
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

Rakhal

Postby Rakhal » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:07 pm UTC

On NP1855 I arrived at Beacon Indigo.

Reporting in as ordered.
Not so molpish the last few NPs, but we seem to be over the worst of it. It's even grim in t1i, what with glowing beanies falling over dead!

I shan't bug you too much right now, will be hitting the 75% blitzpost soon. You'll be hearing more from me then :)

--Rakhal
(worlds slowest blitzer)

thunk

1190: "Time": MEMEIFYING IS SO _LAST NEWPIX_

Postby thunk » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:10 pm UTC

Rakhal wrote:--Rakhal
(worlds slowest blitzer)

You're going to have some competition on that front... Gingercat only finished recently, and macraw83 took a yip or so.

Also, look out behind you!
troo dat

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np1917

Postby mscha » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:10 am UTC

FLYUNGH...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by adnapemit.)

Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:Y'ALL GOT ANY MORE OF THEM NEEDLE-PULLED THINGS?

-- posted by oldpixbot

ergman

Postby ergman » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:21 am UTC

wow that auto-scoured poetry is awesome.

Hi CD! Oooh, NASA. Have fun in space! I imagine that's what they do with interns anyhow.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

thunk

Re: 1190: "Vremolpy"

Postby thunk » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:14 am UTC

Ere I forget, othercomic!

And good luck on your future studies, Chr-Drg!
College is hard, of course. But the OTTers have taught you well. You can lick it!
Also great that you found an internship position at NASA; I tried applying there, but was too late to do so. So I'm doing some slightly-less awesomeful scary-air research instead. Or more properly, Waiting For It before I can get a seaish amount of best-half data.
troo dat

Gingercat

Postby Gingercat » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:57 am UTC

Rakhal wrote:On NP1855 I arrived at Beacon Indigo.

Reporting in as ordered.
Not so molpish the last few NPs, but we seem to be over the worst of it. It's even grim in t1i, what with glowing beanies falling over dead!

I shan't bug you too much right now, will be hitting the 75% blitzpost soon. You'll be hearing more from me then :)

--Rakhal
(worlds slowest blitzer)

World's slowest? Hardly :P My Blitz was:

Nov 07, 2013 -> Apr 04, 2016

Although if you take roughly 2.5 yips to do yours, we'll all still be here.
I am Schrödinger's Gingercat.

karhell

Postby karhell » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:08 am UTC

Gingercat wrote:we'll all still be here.

Yup. We're here to stay ^^
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

Neil_Boekend

Re: 1190: "Time": MAXIMUM CUPCAKES YIELDS MAXIMUM MIPS

Postby Neil_Boekend » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:09 am UTC

Link wrote:the OTT is big!¹
This post is small.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np1928

Postby mscha » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:10 am UTC

STONEWALLUNGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by Hillperson.)

Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:IF KETCHUPPING YOUR VITSSÅGAR IS KEYBOARD-SMASHING, THEN I'M HATTED.

-- posted by oldpixbot

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:14 am UTC

New OtherComic

List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

mrob27

Postby mrob27 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:57 am UTC

thunk wrote:Please post your thoughts on whether you drink tea, and if so, why it is so awesomeful.

Morobu has taken green tea for another type of heresy.
They also come in wasabi flavour

BlitzGirl wrote:How exactly does one mrorl?

I still haven't figured that one out. It's in automeme just for fun.

ucim wrote:
thunk wrote: Maybe. Wait, now I'm thinking that the OTT needs its own coinage and postage stamps.
Well, the prayer tiles are perfect for OTT postage stamps.

Hey, yeah… they come in denominations of powers of 2, in different colours, featuring important images from the OTT culture, some very common and others rare and collectible, …

thunk wrote:It's like cellular automata, or u-skate world. Too little novelty, and nothing interesting happens. Too much stimulus, and it's unending chaos. You have to get it just right.

But if you get it just just just "right", the little guys put on hats and try to take over the world

Oh dear, it seems Balthastuck found Homestar_s and got nerdsniped… (oops, I may have done it again…)d
And now I read this and find this number there as well???
Oh, so there is… Thanks for pointing that out.

mrob27 Image

dWarning: There be dragons…

Spoiler:
Green Tea Kit-Kat bars.jpg
Green Tea Kit-Kat bars
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

HES

Postby HES » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:10 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:How exactly does one mrorl?

I still haven't figured that one out. It's in automeme just for fun.

Molpyverb Right Over Real Leopards?
He/Him/His Image

ggh

Postby ggh » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:01 pm UTC

Still ketching up, alas....

yappobiscuits wrote:and recently there was a decree about how you would be named by your hair if you were an OTC character! I would be "fabulous viking".
Yay! Hi yappo! My image search was coming up with things like this:
which, while being a fabulous Viking Otter, wasn't quite what I had in mind.
I had to resort to bashing stuff together:
Is it like looking in a mirror?

And svenman! You've ottified so many comics and redundacomics and books lately that svenman has stopped looking like a name to me. I didn't know that happened....

Gingercat - many congratulations!

BlitzGirl - heehee! Has it been s oolong since the days of the teabag puns that you've recovered from the constant comment and once again realized how assam wordplay is?

svenman wrote:
taixzo wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:What a treeish background for protoBeanish! If it pre-dates Beanish, is it right to call it protoBeanish? Do you have your own name that you use for this writing system, taixzo?
I never named it, actually!

How about "Taixzoish", then?

The term "Proto-Beanish" seems very appropriate, though, when considering that it predates Beanish even in a story-outside view. On the other hand, the term seems to suggest that Beanish developed from it, or at least Beanish script developed from Proto-Beanish/Taixzoish script in a story-inside view, which may have been a popular theory once but now seems not to be the case at all.

I could have used the outside terms "story-external" and "story-internal" - but "story-outside" and "story-inside" feel a little more OTTish to me.

svenman wrote:Baobabs, thunk! I don't think I've ever had a song written about a creation of mine before, so I'm a very proud molpy today!

ucim wrote:
svenman wrote:How about "Taixzoish", then?
To try to limit the number of ...-ish words, I'd go with Taixz. Or possibly Taix.

Taixoan, then, maybe? But then, that might sound a little too similar to 'Texan'. And then again, maybe that's not a bad thing actually.
I think Proto-Beanish still applies, especially since taixzo appears to be a Proto-Beanie. But Taixzoan is superior in the treeish department, no? Taixz has real flair too, but I wonder if it will be mistaken for an OTTe.

I really enjoy the way the shapes reflect what the mouth is doing in Taix. Like I said before, I'm not very savvy with phonetics, but, thanks to the Little Wonder, even I could appreciate what was going on there. The Little Wonder is a late talker, and one of the things she does is "fronting", where sounds that should be made with the back of the tongue, she makes with the front: cat becomes tat, a gull is dull and so on. It was nifty to see that in Taixzoish, I can simply explain that the Little Wonder turns all her x's into c's.

rsir:
Spoiler:
fabulousVikingOtter.jpg
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np1931

Postby mscha » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:10 pm UTC

SOLIDUNGULATE...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by NoMouse, filtering his own Colorization through Dreamscope.)

Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:MY CUPCAKE JUST BLITZED ME; M*STARD WAS SO CASH

-- posted by oldpixbot

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np1932

Postby mscha » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:10 pm UTC

SCROUNGED...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by ggh.)

Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:YOU CAN TAKE THE WHISTLE OF TEMPORAL HARMONY OUT OF THE RIVER, BUT YOU CAN'T TAKE THE RIVER OUT OF THE WHISTLE OF TEMPORAL HARMONY

-- posted by oldpixbot

thunk

1190: "Time": BE VEWY VEWY QUIET, I'M KETCHUPPING PENGOATS

Postby thunk » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:19 pm UTC

The wowterfall manip!

Isn't that neat.
troo dat

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:31 pm UTC

mscha wrote:New OtherComic

I... I didn't know. And here I was thinking I was in the basement.

(It seems weird around here. My board style has been changed. There's something called "notifications" now. New people here (a good thing). Does the flowchart also answer if I should go back into the basement?)

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

thunk

1190: "Time": IN T1I, NO-ONE CAN SEE YOU DELURK

Postby thunk » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:40 pm UTC

azule wrote:I... I didn't know. And here I was thinking I was in the basement.

(It seems weird around here. My board style has been changed. There's something called "notifications" now. New people here (a good thing). Does the flowchart also answer if I should go back into the basement?)

Azule. Hi!
The Angel davean migrated the forums over to new software a few mips back. See the relevant thread; a bunch of things changed.

Also we're sending the molpies to guard the basement door

EDIT: I've just read past the incident of Serenety, and read the discussion on that, and noticed that the above phrase demonstrates some of the cultishness reported by those elsewhere on the forums. As such, I retract that.
Last edited by thunk on Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:11 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
troo dat

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:42 pm UTC

azule wrote:
mscha wrote:New OtherComic

I... I didn't know. And here I was thinking I was in the basement.

Hi azule!

You missed the megadrama over the forum update. That is probably a Good Thing. I think the flowchart answers that question by not having a branch for that.

edit: ninja'd!
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, Vytron, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:05 pm UTC

Hi, guys!

Missing drama sounds like a good thing. (But if I find this relevant thread then I'll probably encounter some...)

davean is still around for us to worship, that sounds great. All changes by him are great. ;) This is very ego friendly. Did they call this upgrade the "ego upgrade"? :D

Well, I'm going to at least go stand by the door.... pet a molpy.... jump over one....

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np1933

Postby mscha » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:10 pm UTC

SEMIUNGLE...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by Zorin_75.)

Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:IF THE 1ST CLERIC IS THE ЯОЯЯІМ ТТО ƎНТ REPRESENTATION OF AUTOMOME, WHO IS THE SUSTAINABLE UNIVERSITY EQUIVALENT OF MINI-SHORTDO?

-- posted by oldpixbot

taixzo

Re: 1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np1933

Postby taixzo » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:30 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
AUTOMOME wrote:IF THE 1ST CLERIC IS THE ЯОЯЯІМ ТТО ƎНТ REPRESENTATION OF AUTOMOME, WHO IS THE SUSTAINABLE UNIVERSITY EQUIVALENT OF MINI-SHORTDO?

-- posted by oldpixbot

Seems like Automome should have some sort of special case for "THE ЯОЯЯІМ ТТО ƎНТ" - either the "THE" or the "ƎНТ" is REDUNDANT.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, Vytron, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

balthasar_s

The Re: 1190: "Time" - The Time Revisited - the np1933

Postby balthasar_s » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:56 pm UTC

taixzo wrote:Seems like Automome should have some sort of special case for "THE ЯОЯЯІМ ТТО ƎНТ" - either the "THE" or the "ƎНТ" is REDUNDANT.
But it's not redundant.
"THE" belongs to "REPRESENTATION" and "ƎНТ" to "ЯОЯЯІМ ТТО".
IF THE 1ST CLERIC IS THE ЯОЯЯІМ ТТО ƎНТ REPRESENTATION OF AUTOMOME, WHO IS THE SUSTAINABLE UNIVERSITY EQUIVALENT OF MINI-SHORTDO?

ETA: I noticed karhell's location :)
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”