1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

thunk

Re: 1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np1933

Postby thunk » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:58 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:
taixzo wrote:Seems like Automome should have some sort of special case for "THE ЯОЯЯІМ ТТО ƎНТ" - either the "THE" or the "ƎНТ" is REDUNDANT.
But it's not redundant.
"THE" belongs to "REPRESENTATION" and "ƎНТ" to "ЯОЯЯІМ ТТО".
IF THE 1ST CLERIC IS THE ЯОЯЯІМ ТТО ƎНТ REPRESENTATION OF AUTOMOME, WHO IS THE SUSTAINABLE UNIVERSITY EQUIVALENT OF MINI-SHORTDO?

I think if there's two "the's", they usually get collapsed into one in English.

You wouldn't really talk about the The Ohio State University happenings.

Also, we haven't dissolved the papacy in a long Time. So I will dissolve it now, and abdicate my position.
Free markets, free movement, free plops
Blitz on, my friends Quantized, GnomeAnne, and iskinner!
troo dat

Febrion

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Febrion » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:01 pm UTC

azule wrote:Does the flowchart also answer if I should go back into the basement?

Yes, it does.

Should I go back in the basement?
Magic Conch wrote:No

thunk wrote:I think if there's two "the's", they usually get collapsed into one in English.

Normally, yes, but I think this is a special4 case - I guess it reads as "THE THE OTT MIRROR", but for some reason-1 I read it as "THE OTT MIRROR, THE", which is really a form of poetry 2

thunk also wrote:Also, we haven't dissolved the papacy in a long Time. So I will dissolve it now, and abdicate my position.

Those beset suited to leadership are those who don't want it. Irony? Maybe, but it's mute, since it only takes one loony fanatic to claim an abdicated throne and abuse its power. Rawr!

-------------------------------------------------------HIJACKED DECREE---------------------------------------------------------
Worship me!

18My momma always said I was specialbad
-REDACTED-[-INSULTING PHRASE-] That wasn't nice, but I always found it funny. But it doesn't fit in here
partially rationalyMaybe because I'm insane - supposedly it runs in the family, but they'll never catch me! muahahahahahahafe
dmnevermind
ACHTUNG!Well, it's better than VittsagenJA!
gratuitousI just like saying that - if I ever need a new online handle, I've got dibs on that one
Temporal Knight Sir Junction, Lord of the Sawtooth Snap
Time flies like a River, sand flies like a Trebuchét

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np1935

Postby mscha » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:10 pm UTC

LUNGLEVILLE...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by NoMouse.)

Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:DIAL S FOR SHIPCASTLE

-- posted by oldpixbot

Eternal Density

Re: 1190: "Tume"

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:59 pm UTC

Febrion wrote:Those beset suited to leadership are those who don't want it. Irony? Maybe, but it's mute, since it only takes one loony fanatic to claim an abdicated throne and abuse its power. Rawr!

-------------------------------------------------------HIJACKED DECREE---------------------------------------------------------
Worship me!

18My momma always said I was specialbad
-REDACTED-[-INSULTING PHRASE-] That wasn't nice, but I always found it funny. But it doesn't fit in here
partially rationalyMaybe because I'm insane - supposedly it runs in the family, but they'll never catch me! muahahahahahahafe
dmnevermind
ACHTUNG!Well, it's better than VittsagenJA!
gratuitousI just like saying that - if I ever need a new online handle, I've got dibs on that one

I would think that actually it is moot.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

Gingercat

Postby Gingercat » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:52 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:I would think that actually it is moot.

Entmoot?
I am Schrödinger's Gingercat.

thunk

43: Na1rr0w7s

Postby thunk » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:04 am UTC

1856/2492 pages (74.48%)
44.75 dips taken (is that right?)

Spoiler:
5...4...3...2...1...HAPPY TIMEIVERSARY!

Such were the feelings on the fateful 25th of March. One yip had elapsed since the comic we all know and love and maybe adore a bit too much was posted, and everyone was in a celebratory mood. Molpies molping about and occasionally destroying cities in photos, revelry in the basement, and there was probably a dance party or several. These dips were capped by the voting on, and Yappo's compilation of, the OTTscars, with the first set of awards given to some of the posters who excelled in the available categories. Of course, the honorable mentions were plenty molpish as well.

People kept delurking left and right--it was nice of them to join, but given what I'll say later, we shouldn't force them to stay.

But the SilentONGs foreshadowed a darker turn. Ms. Frizzle (name first used here) and BrokenBean come back to the Cueganish camp, and there they draw the grim tableau of forces beyond their ken. Brave explorers go in, get trapped, then come out with mysterious hair loss and bouts of vomiting, and die soon after. I do not envy their position. But yet one brave soul must go in and rescue their trapped comrade. Morituri te salutant.

Overlapping with the ONGs were the UNGs beginning at the Timeiversary. Like mscha and the rest of the OTTers, these certainly did seem to go a lot faster the second time encountering them in my blitz. Even though I never actually saw them--or the thread "live".

Even so, the party goes on, with a Champaign dinner (more turfgrass rivalry), and raptormanips, until the Frenzied Doodling started in earnest. First with BANANAS (inspiring Cleveland-ification of user titles etc.), and then with the gradual replacement of the text that has become a (somewhat controversial) tradition on these forums. Angua certainly takes the cake with St. Kitts Creole--I'm one of today's lucky 10000!

Sometime later, the phrase "organized sand" is first used, in reference to Comic 1349. It seems to be one of the later productive additions to the vernacular.

And with this, cracks begin to show--mscha and Sciscitor announce their departure because they don't like what's happening, and truth be told, the more reasonable part of me doesn't like it either--the same way in which she considers April Fools' Day pranks to be rather distasteful, if funny. It's a symptom of the growing culture clash between Time and the rest of xkcd, which culminates in the events of...

the Sadness.

The chronology of this event, and its motivation, has been discussed many times over the ensuing two years. Enough postpages have been spilled over it to defy easy summary. Suffice it to say that it was fun neither for Time nor for the mods of xkcd.

These wounds have thankfully healed now. I won't try and pick at them, but I feel compelled to leave a comment:

Retro-EDIT Note: The following commentary contains opinions that after due consideration, I in large part no longer agree with; see the next few posts for details. It was written in the heat of the moment upon encountering the Sadness, and before seeing certain responses to the accusations below. The text has been preserved for posterity.

Spoiler:
I'm beginning to understand, at least a little bit, why those on the Outside see "cultishness" in the Time thread. First of all, it seemed like we magnified a few negative experiences with individual haters into a general suspicion of "Outside". And that has led to mistrust, and enforced a certain isolation where a significant fraction of OTTers have had no interaction with other members to dispel myths about one or the other group. The jargon barrier--which has quickly become a dialect barrier--didn't help either. The way in which we have developed an implied scorn for external connections is somewhat cult-like.

In addition, the shock of the E** led to the development of the Basement. But in keeping our departed members there, we effectively say that nobody can ever leave the Thread once they have joined--which is also a more than a bit creepy. And sometimes, our ethos of welcoming everybody goes a bit too far, and we welcome people into our fold who don't want to join. Also unmolpish--and rather cultish. It may be a joke, but there's certainly some peer pressure for former members to come back and participate. And sometimes it builds to the point when former members come back crying and shaking because they're expected to Be Here when they can't.

Not to mention our pseudo-jokes about "taking over" the other threads. Some of the motivation in here is in jest, but the other bits of it are somewhat expansionist--and this is reflected when OTTers go in and start yapping in OTTish to the detriment of those who don't understand, and those who have chosen not to be part of our community. Doing this to extremes makes following Time not a free choice but in some respects and act of coercion--again cultlike and unmolpish.

I have done some of these things in the past. I'm sorry. This episode has taught me to be more careful with my relations to both this community and xkcd as a whole. I recognize that half the religion and "HERESY" things here are a joke, but what we jest about can often become what we think. And I know you xuys are good people, and aren't in a big conspiracy for world domination/stealing my money or attention or something. But It's easy for good intentions to go awry, and I did not start following xkcd Time in order to join a cult.

There have been steps taken and reassurances made since the Sadness to make what I have said above less true. These are all laudable efforts. But they need to continue.

Thank you for reading.

EDIT:
Spoiler:
That being said, I think the Sadness has had a positive influence on the development of this community. It highlighted the tensions, enmity, and lack of understanding between the two groups of Timers and xkcders, and that is the first step to being able to fix these tensions and appreciate each other's cultural differences. I think now, there are quite a few OTTers that go outside of the OTT and participate in the other threads, which is a good sign. And the reverse occasionally happens as well. But may we never forget the lessons of this e**ish time.

Also, maybe the above is an overreaction. I'm going to need to think about it some more--it's hard finding the right words to describe what I think.
Last edited by thunk on Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:16 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
troo dat

Gingercat

Re: 43: Na1rr0w7s

Postby Gingercat » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:14 am UTC

thunk wrote:[Words]

I feel that perhaps "cult" is too harsh a word to be used here. The OTT is certainly a dense community, and any who don't appear within it for a while are referred to as "being in the Basement", which as you say implies that it's not possible to ever leave permanently. However, I feel that the Basement, as a term, is a deliberate choice of phrase for someone to use who feels they wish to continue being a part of the community even in absentia due to other commitments, not a blanket term that applies equally to those who aren't here by choice and those who aren't by circumstance.

As for the tensions etc between OTTers and the rest of the fora, I feel that such is (as part of human nature) to be expected anywhere that there is a gathering of like-minded individuals within a broader group. Even now, for example, "gamers" are frequently looked down upon by "non-gamers" as wasting their time / being unproductive/lazy / being less contributive to society in general. Same with furries, Bronies, dudebros, sports fans, opera-goers, wine lovers, extreme sports, fishing, hunting, and certain fields within the scientific community, as a non-exhaustive list of examples (and I have no doubt that folks from every one of those subsets exist within the OTT). That the OTT is as welcoming as it is may be due to "the Sadness", or it may be a natural result of the personalities that have gathered here anyway; I believe it's the latter, although the former would have provided much-needed context.

You've noted that we are... Somewhat overzealous in welcoming people into the community. I'm in two minds (heh) about that; while I agree at a surface level that everyone jumps on the "Oh hi, welcome Revealer the Recent! Titles shall be bestowed upon thee!" approach (I was going to say "bandwagon", but that feels like an unintended criticism), I feel that this approach is far better than either stony silence, or worse, a "Blitz the entire OTT so you understand our culture or GTFO" mentality. To join in our community, you don't need to understand it all (ever), and as a newcomer to the discussion, you could go entirely without using any OTTish at all in your interactions for the entirety of your stay and nobody would bat an eyelid. A cult would absolutely insist on linguistic indoctrination, eventually ostracizing those who refuse to partake. A cult would also actively attempt to recruit new followers; the OTT generally sits here waiting for newcomers to join if they wish, and leave if they'd rather, although I'll note that due to its activity level, it is always on Page One of the fora and thus has constant visibility. (Said visibility is also a potential cause of hostility from non-OTTers. I understand and don't begrudge them that.)

I don't feel that there is an "enforced isolation" here. I'm here by choice, I can interact with other threads and other fora as I see fit (or not, if I prefer) and noone else in the OTT gives a single molecule of waste management either way. I could declare that Huzzah I'm off now, goodbye! and I'd get a few farewell messages, but the OTT would continue without me just as it did before I joined. I envisage that if the OTT continues as it is, the entirety of the original participants will eventually have been replaced by newcomers, the dialect will have evolved some more, and the inclusive (but not insular) culture will still stand firm. It's an oasis in the Internet desert, a refreshing pool in a normally scorched landscape of casual racism, multiphobias, and the GIFT.

Lastly, my apologies for I-jacking your thoughtful and well-written post (although it [of course] wasn't written for my benefit, I appreciate you taking the time to write it, since it was excellent food for thought). None of the above should be taken as Absolute Truth; it is simply a differing opinion, and is absolutely capable of being utterly incorrect, misaimed, inaccurate and/or bag-of-hammers-level dumb. :)

thunk

Postby thunk » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:28 am UTC

Thank you very much, Gingercat.

You're probably right in that I'm overreacting. Upon further reflection, I believe I was.

Mid-blitz, I don't really have the perspective of the present, and reading the tensions of the people at the time of the Sadness made me distraught, and I attempted to understand their position. Time has mostly quenched these flames now, and there seems to be a lot more unity and understanding now than there was at the time.

It doesn't help that my friends were getting concerned about me spending too much time blitzing.

Gingercat wrote:It's an oasis in the Internet desert, a refreshing pool in a normally scorched landscape of casual racism, multiphobias, and the GIFT.

This is why I came here, and to the xkcd forums in general, after I left the previous ones I frequented due to philosophical differences. Thanks again.
troo dat

Gingercat

Postby Gingercat » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:51 am UTC

thunk wrote:It doesn't help that my friends were getting concerned about me spending too much time blitzing.

Indeed; like any pastime, it's easy to become so absorbed in it (because it's constantly so interesting, dammit!) much like this "Game of Thrones" thing that everyone keeps talking about... ;)

Eternal Density

Re: 1190: "Unproductive Time"

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:37 am UTC

Gingercat wrote:Even now, for example, "gamers" are frequently looked down upon by "non-gamers" as wasting their time / being unproductive/lazy / being less contributive to society in general.
I consider myself to be a gamer at heart, but I no longer have opportunity to indulge, as my parents now see gaming in all those negative ways. And I can't really see that they're exactly wrong about it, but that doesn't stop me from wishing I could play.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

thunk

1190: "Time": INSTANT MOUNTAINOSITY, JUST ADD PHONESAWS

Postby thunk » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:51 am UTC

Come to think of it, there are a lot worse fandoms than Time.

I once passed a random anime convention while sightseeing in Vienna (Austria). Some cosplayers decided to *HONK* at our group. I had to explain hamsteak to them.

Also, gray body paint is annoying for hotel managers to deal with.

Reading more of the thread, any niche fandom will be cultish, and will attract a vocal minority of people that don't like it. This is to be expected.
I just haven't participated in very many.

I feel now I have been reading too much into the jokes--while some of the things in my blitzpost still stand as good advice (e.g. don't overdo the jargon outside this thread), others I now think are unfair. I will need to add an expiatory edit to the post about this.

In fact, I apologize for bringing this unmolpishness into the present.
troo dat

ergman

Postby ergman » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:55 am UTC

words

Yeah, I feel like things a lot more chill in the present. The cultishness long ago gave way to something of a reform school of OTTery. People who are still here are still here, sipping whatever's left. It's the part of the party where most people have dipped or are sleeping, and the ones still awake get to share a quiet companionship. All the chaos and beer pong has fizzled out.

Not being able to do gaming things is sad ED! Especially since you've already created a rather successful game. Wouldn't that be a useful convincing tool?
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:45 am UTC

Did we learn Beanish yet? :?:

On the topic of "the Outside", and apologies for only skimming/skipping (skimping?), but I don't think "Outside" only began to exist when OTTerdom started to form, I think instead that it always existed. But just the same as OTTers getting a name, so did the Outside. And just as when you name something there is a chance to define it and to explore it. I think the definition of the Outside are things that are against the OTT, whether that be work or school or another thread or forumite. Going outside of the forum to do things doesn't necessarily mean that you're on the Outside. It's only the Outside when you seek to avoid the bond of the OTT or to destroy those bonds.

On how this is related to a cult...I'd probably say it doesn't. A cult would never have let me leave. If anything it's a "social" place like Facebook that is a cult. I still get messages supposedly from people that are looking for me or that they want me back. A nice message every once in a while is one thing, but a constant badgering to stay connected is cultish.

ergman wrote:It's the part of the party where most people have dipped or are sleeping, and the ones still awake get to share a quiet companionship. All the chaos and beer pong has fizzled out.
What kind of person comes back to the party at this stage? The incredibly, extremely fashionably late?? hah

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:49 am UTC

Azule's signature wrote:If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I drank coffee.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

karhell

Re: 1190: "Time": INSTANT MOUNTAINOSITY, JUST ADD PHONESAWS

Postby karhell » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:03 am UTC

thunk wrote:In fact, I apologize for bringing this unmolpishness into the present.

No need to apologise, that's also what blitzing is about. A commentary and reminder of the past, regardless of molpishness.

Neil_Boekend wrote:
Azule's signature wrote:If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I drank coffee.

I drank 茶.

ETA:
balthasar_s wrote:ETA: I noticed karhell's location :)
Heh. Someone had to do it ;)
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

MAKE HABERDASHERY, NOT OTHERRIVERWADINGISHNESS

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:15 am UTC

RAZOR Field Report
Agent lmjb1964
9 June 2016H/21 Awe 3AT

This latest RAZOR assignment has taken much more Time than anticipated. There were many, many raptors and zombies, and many of them wanted to be neither observed nor relocated. (Hmm, now that I say that, relocating them against their will sounds rather imperialistic. Must ponder this further.)

At this point, most of the battles on the Outside have subsided, save for the occasional skirmish, so I hope to resume OTTing soon. While there has been much molpishness on the Outside (in addition to some m*stard), I am getting anxious about being away from the OTT for so long. (I did have a special delivery from a certain waterottermolpy, which was very molpish.) So as soon as I debrief, I will dive back in. I fear, however, that ketchup will have to wait, as I have to prepare for an examination for a possible new assignment.

I've taken a quick glance and the most recent page, and was so very happy to see a certain foxmolpy there among the other familiar faces. :)

Signing off for now, but I shall return soon, and with updates, and a happy thing to show you (which I meant to post quite some Time ago.)

lmjb1964 out

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

mrob27

1190: Time: SHORTY, I'VE GOT A FEELING WE'RE NOT ON ЯОЯЯІМ ТТО ƎНТ ANYMORE

Postby mrob27 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:07 am UTC

Yay, there be ChronosDragons!!! (well, just the one, unless you count paradox-inducing copies, and let's face it, who doesn't do that around here?)
ChronosDragon wrote:everything is still around at http://cloud.chronal.net/public/<image name.png> […]

I think @balthasar_s worked out a way to fetch and mirror your images (perhaps that was done before they disappeared?) so we usually go to ЯОЯЯІМ ТТО ƎНТ to view the Images of ChronosDragons Past.

macraw83 wrote:First, however, I have a response to a part of mrob's post on NP2140

Wow, that's so long ago, that when I posted it I didn't even have Minecraft yet. In the time since then I've bought, downloaded, and played Minecraft, then forgot about it, then moved on to the open-source and much more customisable Minetest, which I wrote mods for and explored down to about 10km below ground level (because you can do that sort of thing) and then forgot about it, and moved on :P
  And in the time since you made that Terraria proposal, Terraria is now available on Linux!

thunk wrote:RELATED-ly, there was discussion of Hypercalc versus Wolfram Alpha on one of the googology pages, and apparently Hypercalc has a bug with factorials. (7!)! is three orders of magnitude bigger on WA, which is the correct answer.

This description was a bit inaccurate: the wrong answer was too big rather than too small, and only the Javascript version of Hypercalc had the error. I've fixed it now; both versions of Hypercalc and Wolfram Alpha all agree that (7!)! = 5040! ~ 4.529260254×1016473. The discussion referenced by @thunk as "one of the googology pages" was not one of these googology pages, but a thread called "My Number is Bigger! (Everyman Needed!)" here in the xkcd fora.

taixzo wrote:Seems like Automome should have some sort of special case for "THE ЯОЯЯІМ ТТО ƎНТ" - either the "THE" or the "ƎНТ" is REDUNDANT.

I think so too. mrob.com/automeme does not do this (demonstration), because I modified the remove-the regex to address this specifically:

Code: Select all

multiclass place [-name, -pr-in, -pr-out, -art]:
BFTF               | IN | OUT OF       | A
BOTOPIA            | IN | OUT OF       | A
# . . .
ЯОЯЯІМ ТТО ƎНТ     | ON | OUT OF       | AN

# Match anything, and if it starts with "THE ", remove the THE. It is of
# critical importance that the clauses of this OR-grouping are ordered
# with the ^-forms first and the $-forms after.
regex remove-the: /(^THE )|( ƎНТ$)|($)//i

# places without a leading article "THE"
class place-noart:
[place-name] ms/remove-the/

# . . .

#ZoomanSP [OTT:2220:8|#p3731295], "If square-glasses guy is the bftf representation of balthasar_s, who is the OTT equivalent of kxa?"
#-IF SQUARE-GLASSES GUY IS THE BFTF....
IF [character] IS THE [BFTF@0.2, place-noart, noun-mass] REPRESENTATION OF [character], WHO IS THE [OTT@0.2, place-noart, noun-mass] EQUIVALENT OF [character]?

Whatever automome is being used by @mscha seems to not yet handle this. Perhaps it could be changed. On the other hand, redundancy (including THE REDUNDANT ƎНТ, and redundant Automomes), is said to be molpish.

thunk wrote:I think if there's two "the's", they usually get collapsed into one in English.

I might. After all, "The La Brea Tar Pits" is "the the tar tar pits".

mrob27 Image
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: 1190: Time: SHORTY, I'VE GOT A FEELING WE'RE NOT ON ЯОЯЯІМ ТТО ƎНТ ANYMORE

Postby SBN » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:13 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:Y

I might. After all, "The La Brea Tar Pits" is "the the tar tar pits".

mrob27 Image

And The Los Angeles Angels, equals the the angels angels.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

ggh

Postby ggh » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:14 pm UTC

More semi-blind ketchup (semi-blind in that I'm taking quick peeks at the present, but pretending that I'm not. I'll get there when I get there.)

balthasar_s wrote:If you look at the scan (http://1190.bicyclesonthemoon.info/aftertime/bftf/somefiles.zip, 20141102_123618.PNG you'll see this text written on the clock:
It's the same text you can find on a clock in my film "Nie Śpij".
Why did I hide the text below the border?
Because it's a pun.
Wait, I don't get it. It's almost like cake stump, which is a thing, but instead it's cake froth? I'm not doing this right.

BlitzGirl wrote:Oh no, punthasar. I think you need some scrumptious pączki:
Spoiler:

(Yum, those really do look scrumptious. They're making me hungry.)

Image Image
Weinerwolpies Ketchup
Newpage 1637 to 1639
Spoiler:
TheMinim wrote:Time never actually ended.

It had a fake ending and now is hiding from us, possibly for our own protection. The flood forced Time to end by ending itself, but its associates live on, unless they have been killed by the other associates. At least some of those associates relocated to nearby the forty just before the Zanclean Flood hit hardest, though.

Who's spiked my drink?

Time goes on, hidden in a witness protection program. Where did it relocate to? Under what assumed name is it now known?

azule wrote:It feels like the After after after after after after Time party. Or, positively, the Way way way way way Before Time II party. hehe.

So two and a half yips later, is this the After after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after Time party?

Awesomeful! I hadn't seen this OTColored before! I don't think it's on the OTW yet.

balthasar_s wrote:I normally need more time to draw because my eye-hand coordination is a bit mustarded. I have a light case of dysgraphia.

Baobabs! I would never have guessed. (Never did guess, all this Time later.) Your drawings are excellent, baltha-art!

AluisioASG wrote:Stop trying to compare yourself with BlitzGirl. That can help. After all…

Image It's over 4000 ni ni nis! I don't even know what that means!

Eternal Density wrote:Finally, a chance to be First OTTifier!

That's kind of twisted. Like Rosetta is celebrating the fact she's about to have prime beachfront property while all the unfortunate molpies and plants and people below the dotted line are going to be seaed to death.

jjjdavidson wrote:Hello, all my dear OTTers! Sorry I've been away so long. I have to confess: The OTT frightens me more than a bit. I lost five months of my life to Time, and I'm still not entirely back on track.

The OTT is a great and terrible force, but I'd say it only becomes frightening after too much Outside exposure. Sort of like how lake Image feels chilly the first Time you jump in, but then your body gets used to it after a while. Clearly the solution is to just keep swimming otting!

january1may wrote:Hello! New OTTer here (hopefully).[spoiler]I won't be Pope or anything, I suspect (three or so posts still to go until that), and in a short while would be going blitzing anyway (to better find out what was actually going on way back in the time of Time).

[rest of post snipped because posting problems... why would any automatic system flag my posts as spam?]

Because reasons.

Ohey, it's january1may's firstpost! Treeish! (With an added dash of mod at the **d there.)
Whatever happened to january1may? I suppose I'll have to continue my mission of ketchup to find out...
I am really enjoying these posts! Thank you! And, hmm, I don't recall ever seeing that pelrigg OTColoured either - it's really lovely. And for something that seems at first so minimal, it sure shows some careful detailing.
Oh, and that sequence of Megan/newpixbot posts you mentioned later... gold!

Eternal Density wrote:I've never tried tea.
Wait. What?
How is this possible?

*checks flights to Australia thinking how cool it would be to be there the first time ED has tea.* Sorry, I can't afford it.

StormAngel wrote:I don't drink tea, but I love a good hot chocolate, and warmed blackcurrant juice is also great.
(FYI: Yes, I've tried mixing them together, and no it won't be the last time I do so)
Mmmm - that does sound good!

BlitzGirl wrote:
svenman wrote:So, to recap: If you asked this OTTer what he prefers to drink in the morning, what would he answer?
Spoiler:
Oh, tea! Tea!
And a scrumptious do(ugh)nut or two to go along with it would be quite fine, thank you.

Image Image Image
I think this should be on the letterhead.

moody7277 wrote:Interestingly enough, I had an encounter with a ~1/2 cue long indigo snake in my back yard recently while hanging laundry.
Dry clothes are overrated.

thunk wrote:
addams wrote:Why all the luxuriant eye hair?

Now ED's luxuriant eye hair is the other image I can't get out of my head.

I did something mustardy last night by locking myself out of the bedroom (steambottle).

I'm also bad at comaing on couches--but I am good at Waiting For It--so it ended up being a live-action reenactment of the Long Night (as I mentioned in the irc).

which leads to the first image from stuff discussed there--lockpicking practice with taixzo.
Irc? First image - lockpicking... I torn between interpreting that as being related to being locked out of a room, and seeing it as a combing-type procedure, referring back to ED's eye hair.

thunk wrote:Finally, Molpy Cueganmas, and a happy new yip! It's kind of strange to me that the Christmas season ends on 2 January--growing up in a Russian family, I'm used to it continuing to the Old New Year on the 14th. People can't Wait to take their decorations down or something?
Our tree came down last mip I think. Outlier? Who, me?

thunk wrote:We Blitzers
(based on this chiptune cover of "We Three Kings").

We blitzers of Pastpages are
Bearing gifts—we travel so far
Wood and vineyard, momes and molpies
Following constant ONGs.

O ONG of waiting, ONG each dip
ONG with lovely sound and blip
Forward reading, still proceeding
Guide us to the present yip
Spoiler:
Made a Lord on Somerville plain
Gold I bring to set up your fane
One True Author may be tired, but
Time will ever remain.

Sandcastles to offer have I
Hotdogs own a GLR high
Making OTTers of Outsiders
Wait for it ... they will try.

Salve is mine, its flavor instilled
Recalls a time of thoughts that were thrilled
Doubting, gasping, bleeding, e**ing
Drowned in a sea refilled

The chorus (second paragraph), is of course, inserted after every verse, as usual.
The rest of the lyrics are as one might think them to be.

Also, bye.
I sure do like this quite a bit (except for the farewelling). I very much want to hear this in four-part harmony now. There's a way to do that, no?

Okay, with that tune in my head, this seems like a nice place to stop for now. :)
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

Link

Re: 1190: Time: SHORTY, I'VE GOT A FEELING WE'RE NOT ON ЯОЯЯІМ ТТО ƎНТ ANYMORE

Postby Link » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:43 pm UTC

All keught up now! It's good to be in the Present again.

Gingercat wrote:
thunk wrote:[Words]

[More words]

I agree with Gingercat. I understand why some people might get a cultish vibe from the OTT because it's an incredibly strange place for random passers-by, but I don't think we have the really creepy claimy aspects of a cult. Well, we did a bit in the early dips when we spawned some religions and some people appeared to be quite serious about that, but I feel we're much more relaxed now.

Sure, we have words like Outside, but in its present use, it's basically never used in an "us-versus-them" sense. Someone might say "the Outside is being unmolpish for me", but pretty much nobody expresses anti-Outside sentiments on more than a personal and temporary basis. Likewise, when we say someone is in the Basement, that almost always refers to someone who clearly enjoyed being part of the OTT but left either for unknown reasons or for reasons not to do with the OTT; i.e. people we think would like to come back. If someone makes it clear they've stopped enjoying the OTT and are leaving, we wouldn't call them Basementees, and we wouldn't try to persuade or force them to stay.

I also agree with azule about social media being a lot more cultish. That's one of the main reasons I'm not part of any social media.

mrob27 wrote:

I think so too. mrob.com/automeme does not do this (demonstration), because I modified the remove-the regex to address this specifically:
[snip]

Whatever automome is being used by @mscha seems to not yet handle this. Perhaps it could be changed. On the other hand, redundancy (including THE REDUNDANT ƎНТ, and redundant Automomes), is said to be molpish.
That would be mine. My AUTOMOME is quite overdue for an update, but I haven't had the Time to work on it (or, indeed, just about anything else apart from homework). Basically,
Spoiler:
Hi, Corinne!

ETR mrob's code to save some spaaaace.

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:49 pm UTC

Today, one year ago, BFTF *nded.

ggh wrote:
balthasar_s wrote:If you look at the scan (http://1190.bicyclesonthemoon.info/aftertime/bftf/somefiles.zip, 20141102_123618.PNG you'll see this text written on the clock:
It's the same text you can find on a clock in my film "Nie Śpij".
Why did I hide the text below the border?
Because it's a pun.
Wait, I don't get it. It's almost like cake stump, which is a thing, but instead it's cake froth? I'm not doing this right.

Don't worry about the pun. There is something more important to notice in that post.
Anyway, here is an explanation from 2015:
balthasar_s wrote:
: *timeless*: free (lacking time, or by analogy money, since "time is money").
This reminds me of a pun I made in my film "Nie śpij!":
When the guy with the bike in the animated dream looks at his watch, the watch has "ciasto pieniąc" written ot it. It doesn't make much sense as it means something like "[while] foaming a cake". But it sounds similarly to "czas to pieniądz" which means "time is money." This may be a little more related than it seems.

mrob27 wrote:(oops, I may have done it again…)d
Not this time.

karhell wrote:Heh. Someone had to do it ;)
1/3 (s matched.

One of the recent thunk's posts gave me an idea of something to do.
I'm still thinking, creating and collecting ideas, and trying to figure out if I will be able to actually do it.

Hi azule!
Recently some of us tried to figure out what's going on with th Zanclean Zodiac frames and then you suddenly appear!
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:33 pm UTC

ggh wrote:
thunk wrote:I did something mustardy last night by locking myself out of the bedroom (steambottle).

I'm also bad at comaing on couches--but I am good at Waiting For It--so it ended up being a live-action reenactment of the Long Night (as I mentioned in the irc).

which leads to the first image from stuff discussed there--lockpicking practice with taixzo.
Irc? First image - lockpicking... I torn between interpreting that as being related to being locked out of a room, and seeing it as a combing-type procedure, referring back to ED's eye hair.

IRC being Internet Relay Chat (also known as "chatrooms" if you used AOL). There is an #xkcd channel on the Foonetic network, which is where Randall, davean, Stereo and others hang out.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

thunk

1190: "Time": BETTER NEWPIXT MY OWN CH*RPITUDE

Postby thunk » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:55 pm UTC

taixzo wrote:
ggh wrote:
thunk wrote:I did something mustardy last night by locking myself out of the bedroom (steambottle).

IRC being Internet Relay Chat (also known as "chatrooms" if you used AOL). There is an #xkcd channel on the Foonetic network, which is where Randall, davean, Stereo and others hang out.

There apparently also used to be an #xkcd-time channel back when the OTC was still updating, but I'm sure it's long dead.
troo dat

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np1959

Postby mscha » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:10 pm UTC

SUNGLETREE...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:FOOTNOTEMEOWLPY IS A FOOTNOTE

-- posted by oldpixbot

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:46 pm UTC

Read my first newpage in...I don't even know how long. It feels very, very good. I missed everymolpy!

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:49 pm UTC

The first PCB STAF is assembled and it works!
Spoiler:
firstpcbstaf.jpg
BSTA
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy

thunk

1190: "Time": I FIND YOUR LACK OF TIMEFRAMES DISTURBING

Postby thunk » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:36 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Read my first newpage in...I don't even know how long. It feels very, very good. I missed everymolpy!

Aww. *anklehugsraptor*

And balthasar... neat {computery stuff}. And good luck on whatever it is that I inspired you to do.

Incidentally, I've blitzed past 75% now (Hi, Rakhal! We're in the same place!). And I'm feeling a lot better personally and about this place than I was yesterday. Thank you everyone. *anklehugs* all round.

raptor This was something a friend of mine (whose avatar was also a prehistoric birdlike theropod) did on another forum. Stem-birds tend to be river. It was molpish.
troo dat

Febrion

Postby Febrion » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:39 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
Febrion wrote:<snip>
mute
<snip>

I would think that actually it is moot.

Yeah, but it's more fun to say "mute", so I tend to do itj alote. Ni Ni Chimichanga JA!bird, etc...
At least their not puns
fYou know what I mean
iIrregardless of weather anyone notices
wordThat was literally ironic

p.p.s.
balthasar_s wrote:[Proto-Skynet Picture]
Neattm! What does it do? (I'm sure it's been answered before, I've seen various incarnations of this across the OTT, but never a description.)
Temporal Knight Sir Junction, Lord of the Sawtooth Snap
Time flies like a River, sand flies like a Trebuchét

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:32 pm UTC

Febrion wrote:p.p.s.
balthasar_s wrote:[Proto-Skynet Picture]
Neattm! What does it do? (I'm sure it's been answered before, I've seen various incarnations of this across the OTT, but never a description.)

This is a digital clock that I built. It's supposed to be very similar to SilentTimer's avatar. Especially the countdown mode. I took one with me to Bochum and left it there so that it could be given to the real SilentTimer. I use one as my alarm clock to wake up in the morning (it can be made non-silent).

Some of my posts about it:
Spoiler:
balthasar_s wrote:Image
More about this photo:
I'll be building a digital clock SilentTimer action figure! It will be a (silent) digital alarm clock. At alarm time it will flash "ong" on the display.

balthasar_s wrote:The Silent Timer Action Figure is ready. It may become more RELATED in the future.

balthasar_s wrote:The SilentTimer action figure:
http://youtu.be/VlXQBUS_Bjc

As you can see I tried to make it as compatible to the avatar as possible.

balthasar_s wrote: I left it (ant SilentBot too) at the conference so that it can be relayed to SilentTimer.

balthasar_s wrote:I wanted to practice some assembly programming. So I implemented basic calculator functionality on the SilentTImer action figure.
calculation mode activated by pressing middle button while turning device on.
Can do 4 basic operations on numbers from -999 to 9999. For numbers between -9.99 and 99.99 there are two digits after decimal dot. The results are rounded. Shows E:EE on error (result too big or division by 0). All calculation on BCD numbers.
https://youtu.be/7ci6b-xgpoQ

balthasar_s wrote:I was drawing some PCB yesterday. I managed to insert some related text.

balthasar_s wrote:Something arrived today.
(sorry for the poor picture quality, can't make anything better now)

You probably know now what it is.

I ordered 3 boards. I got 4.
One will be sent to someone (they don't know it yet). Three others are still waiting for their future.

balthasar_s wrote:The first PCB STAF is assembled and it works!
BSTA

SilentTimer

Postby SilentTimer » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:46 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:The first PCB STAF is assembled and it works!
Spoiler:

Image Did you like 1190: Time?
Then you will like its sequel: t1i. [Discussion] [Making Of]
ucim wrote:I consider it to be canon.

503? Images don't work? Other mustard? Visit the ЯOЯЯIM!

Randalspeed to Rakhal, thunk, and all Blitzers!

Rakhal

Postby Rakhal » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:57 pm UTC

And another blitzpost from me on the occasion of reaching 75% (1869/2492 NPs)

The silentONGS continue apace and we come across a mysterious cave, the inside of which appears to glow a dark blue!. It actually looks rather like a broken down building. Megan and Cueball climb up, but near the top Cueball loses his footing and falls down to a lower ledge. There's an entrance to the cave here and Cueball can see what looks like someone collapsed inside.
He moves to enter the cave to see if he can help when a Beanie abseils down behind him and grabs him, pulling him back from the cave entrance. Unfortunately in doing so the Beanie loses his footing and falls down to the bottom, breaking a few bones.

Cuegan descend to see if they can offer help, and another Beanie appears (this one with frizzy hair). She seems to know something about first aid. Cuegan indicate that their camp is not far away and they construct a stretched to carry the poor broken Beanie back.

Back at their camp, Cuegan and Frizzybeanie attempt to communicate with each other using drawings. It seems that people that enter that cave rapidly get sick, throw up and die! Trying to get the fallen beanie out of the cave will probably kill whoever tried to rescue him.

And in the OTT the timiversary rapidly approaches. Excitement all around. An awards ceremony is planned with all sorts of molpish categories for people to compete in. The annual Madness is also just around the corner promising much weirdness.
The postrate skyrockets, the basement belches forth its contents and a party-like atmosphere permeates the OTT. Part 1 of the OTTscars is posted to much acclaim and all the winners are congratulated.

And then a couple of days later, in the midst of the Madness the thread is suddenly locked...

It's only for 4 hours, but its enough to shock many OTTers and things get rather serious for a while. This period is apparently called The Sadness and a couple of rather intense threads are spawned elsewhere talking about this.
It's quite interesting to learn about the Mod culture in this place (I've modded several boards, also been an ircOp and an ArchWizard in a fairly large MUD (think ircOp + code maintenance/balancing for the game)). Every site has its own admin culture and every one seems to be different.

The angst dies down though and a better understanding is hopefully reached between everyone. One slightly disturbing outcome is the realisation that the OTT violates the rules and the mods wish that this were not so. We apparently blindsided them by sprouting incredibly fast in a place where a community was not expected to grow. Gives you a slightly uncomfortable feeling...

Oh well, the OTT still seems to be here after another 2 years, and as I reach 75% we are getting back into the swing of things

Next post at 80%

--Rakhal

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:23 pm UTC

balthasar, before I knew you, I had no idea circuit boards could be so entertaining. :D

*anklehugs* to you too, thunk. I'm glad that you're feeling better. The Sadness is a part of the OTT, and something that all blitzers will encounter if they continue on. Hopefully they, like you, will push through it to the molpier times beyond.

There are some awesomeful blitz/ketchup posts on this page. Unfortunately, this isn't one of them. :roll:

Oh, I meant to say in my last post that it's a mute point, in fact it's downright feudal, to try and correct Febrion's iconic word usage. You'd be at all dip. It's even in his notes in the bottom margarine of his posts. :wink:

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

mrob27

1190: "Time": I WILL NOT SPOILER THIS ЯОЯЯІМ ТТО -- IT IS A MOLPACA

Postby mrob27 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:57 pm UTC

Link wrote:That would be mine. My AUTOMOME is quite overdue for an update […]

I kind of like THE REDUNDANT ƎНТ. Let's declare it to be treeish as-is.

balthasar_s wrote:
karhell wrote:Heh. Someone had to do it ;)

1/3 (s matched.

@karhell has a post count of about 576, and @balthasar_s about 1660. At present my post count is close to making up the difference, but you also need to count the unmatched ( in @balthasar_s's signature. 〘Just to mix it up a bit I'll do something a little… else ⦅ :twisted: ⦆ 〙

Keught up now.

balthasar_s

Re: 1190: "Time": I WILL NOT SPOILER THIS ЯОЯЯІМ ТТО -- IT IS A MOLPACA

Postby balthasar_s » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:02 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:
balthasar_s wrote:1/3 (s matched.

@karhell has a post count of about 576, and @balthasar_s about 1660.

I was not talking about postcounts. The location is only one, it's just seen in many places. Yes, signature is the 2/3.
BSTA

mrob27

1190: Time: HOMESTAR_S AND GENERAL ERROR, SITTING IN A TREE, E-E-:E-E-:E-E-I-N-G

Postby mrob27 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:27 am UTC

balthasar_s wrote:I was not talking about postcounts. The location is only one, it's just seen in many places. Yes, signature is the 2/3.

Parsing textual symbols from images is problematical. I can see several parenthesis-like curvy shapes in my own avatar, of various colours, some facing left and some facing right. Similarly, in the current avatar of @balthasar_s I see a red (, but I also see a couple black ( in the bicycle wheels.
  A more well-defined (but perhaps less relevant) approach would look at the avatars' raw data:

Code: Select all

: cat 232629.png | tr -cd '(' | wc -c
 : cat 232629.png | tr -cd ')' | wc -c
 : cat 289420.png | tr -cd '(' | wc -c
 : cat 289420.png | tr -cd ')' | wc -c
 :

By this method, my avatar has 115 ( and 115 ); @balthasar_s's avatar has 88 ( and 54 ). I am confident that it was @ChronosDragon's intention to give me a parentheses-neutral hatted avatar. Dragons are nothing if not conscientious with regard to formal grammar compliance.
  Since users can turn off the display of avatars (here), choosing to count them at all is somewhat subjective.

Edit: Oh, all right. ))

IMO, the world started to go to hell in a handcart when people started emailing MIME Content-type "text/html" […]     — Soupspoon

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np1968

Postby mscha » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:10 am UTC

CLUNGOR...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by jjjdavidson (animated by azule).)

Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:MAYBE BALDO HAD AN ABORTION! MAYBE THE RAPTORCAT IS A METAPHOR FOR BLITZROCKETS!

-- posted by oldpixbot

Eternal Density

Hi Junebug!

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:11 am UTC

Todip I saw a shop called 'tea too', which sells teas. But it also had a sign saying 'T2'. I ought to have had a scrumptious donut! Instead I had a cheesy chicken bacon tendercrisp burger with large fries and grape Fanta.
ergman wrote:Not being able to do gaming things is sad ED! Especially since you've already created a rather successful game. Wouldn't that be a useful convincing tool?
Technically, it was only successful at making people spend a lot of time achieving nothing of ultimate value. So...
I[m trying to develop hotdoggish ideas which have enough actual useful value to be acceptable, but it's a tricky balance to find.

thunk

1190: "Time": BECAUSE YOU ARE _HEADCRAB GAZEBO_

Postby thunk » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:48 am UTC

*gets Othercomic*

blerp -p Newpage.

ERROR: No such option. The papacy was disbanded, remember?
troo dat

addams

Postby addams » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:54 am UTC

ED; If you were playing a game against a machine,
you would not have enough Time to post in Time.

I have a better Time when OTTers Post.
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

karhell

Re: 1190: "Time": I WILL NOT SPOILER THIS ЯОЯЯІМ ТТО -- IT IS A MOLPACA

Postby karhell » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:58 am UTC

balthasar_s wrote:
mrob27 wrote:
balthasar_s wrote:1/3 (s matched.

@karhell has a post count of about 576, and @balthasar_s about 1660.

I was not talking about postcounts. The location is only one, it's just seen in many places. Yes, signature is the 2/3.

Already had 2/3 with the sig and location (though sig paren wasn't exactly obvious. Should be better now).
Aaaand this should be 3/3, if Balthasneaky didn't add more in the meantime.
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”