Ghostbusters (the new one)

Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Echo244

Re: Ghostbusters (the new one)

Postby Echo244 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:38 pm UTC

I dunno, I think the (argh, imdb doesn't have the quote yet, can't remember it perfectly) line about "What do you think of these two photos - me playing the sax, or me listening to the sax - which one makes me look more like a doctor?" was probably as good as the credit dancing.
Unstoppable force of nature. That means she/her/hers.
Has committed an act of treason.

ahammel
My Little Cabbage

Postby ahammel » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:26 pm UTC

Diadem wrote:The dancing scene in the credits was definitely Hemsworth's crowning moment of awesome. I understand why they didn't put it in the real movie, but I'm glad they didn't cut it entirely.

I seem to recall that Paul Feig wanted that scene to be the climactic fight at some stage of production.
He/Him/His/Alex
God damn these electric sex pants!

charliepanayi

Postby charliepanayi » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:46 am UTC

Sadly it sounds like a sequel is unlikely, the film hasn't done very well commercially, or at least not enough to justify a sequel. A shame really, if only because various knuckledraggers online will probably take great delight in that. I think audiences just aren't hugely receptive to reboots of well-known films.

Also, this film may not have been amazing, but it still deserved to do better than the bloody Angry Birds film.
"Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying"

commodorejohn

Postby commodorejohn » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:35 pm UTC

charliepanayi wrote:Sadly it sounds like a sequel is unlikely, the film hasn't done very well commercially, or at least not enough to justify a sequel. A shame really, if only because various knuckledraggers online will probably take great delight in that.

Or, you know, people who want movies to be good might take some solace in it.
"'Legacy code' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling."
- Bjarne Stroustrup
www.commodorejohn.com - in case you were wondering, which you probably weren't.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:05 pm UTC

commodorejohn wrote:
charliepanayi wrote:Sadly it sounds like a sequel is unlikely, the film hasn't done very well commercially, or at least not enough to justify a sequel. A shame really, if only because various knuckledraggers online will probably take great delight in that.

Or, you know, people who want movies to be good might take some solace in it.
They shouldn't, because the film was excellent.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

natraj

Postby natraj » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:33 pm UTC

i thought it was pretty meh. also i consider myself to be not generally a knuckledragger but i'll probably still take some very tiny amount of happiness in it if a sequel never gets made. but given the strength of the franchise i feel like its relatively likely one will get made since its already well more than made back its budget and they make sequels to much crappier-performing movies that are less merchandisable.
You want to know the future, love? Then wait:
I'll answer your impatient questions. Still --
They'll call it chance, or luck, or call it Fate,
The cards and stars that tumble as they will.

pronouns: they or he

commodorejohn

Postby commodorejohn » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:34 pm UTC

natraj wrote:but given the strength of the franchise i feel like its relatively likely one will get made since its already well more than made back its budget and they make sequels to much crappier-performing movies that are less merchandisable.

Production budget, yes. Total cost, no.

But then, Sony Pictures is a house of baffling decisions, so who knows but that they'll go back to the well on it anyway.
"'Legacy code' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling."
- Bjarne Stroustrup
www.commodorejohn.com - in case you were wondering, which you probably weren't.

Return to “Movies and TV Shows”