Math Quiz

For the discussion of math. Duh.

Moderators: gmalivuk, Moderators General, Prelates

JosephineTerry1

Math Quiz

Postby JosephineTerry1 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:59 am UTC

Hi guys! I want to make a kind of challenge for my children. They don't like math too much, so I want to make quizes with prizes.
Can you help me to form a short quiz with interesting questions about simple algebra, they've just learned the quadratic equation.
Thank you.

SuicideJunkie

Re: Math Quiz

Postby SuicideJunkie » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:27 pm UTC

JosephineTerry1 wrote:Hi guys! I want to make a kind of challenge for my children. They don't like math too much, so I want to make quizes with prizes.
Can you help me to form a short quiz with interesting questions about simple algebra, they've just learned the quadratic equation.
Thank you.

To make an interesting question you'd need to relate it to something they find interesting.
Perhaps do something like have the answer to some of the questions reveal a combination to unlock the prizes? A physical feedback when the answer is right could be encouraging.

I personally like physics for example, and a 'what would happen' ballistics question will generally involve quadratics.
Artillery games tie into that easily.

Can you game-ify the math in a context they like?

JosephineTerry1

Re: Math Quiz

Postby JosephineTerry1 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:03 am UTC

I've tried to combine math and marvel comics (they adore it).

We were solving math problems to beat bad guys.

It has worked well, but I need something new for the next time. They'd be bored.

Return to “Mathematics”