Secret Santa 2018: A Christmas Knight (N5)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

BoomFrog

Re: Secret Santa 2018: A Christmas Knight (D1)

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:30 pm UTC

wam wrote:Also boom right now fall foul of his own logic. I have no idea who he actually thinks is scum.

Yeah, for sure. If everyone did what I'm doing it'd be a big mess and completely unreadable. But since I'm unreadable anyway, no big loss for me to do it. ;) But I'm glad that you care. That's a good sign. For the record I think that MoA or Madge are most likely at this point, but I'm not feeling confident about any of our choices.

Unvote wam
vote Master of All
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:33 pm UTC

One of the squires walked up to Sir Jimbob. "Mi'lord, one of the knights appears to have fallen asleep."

"We'll, best give him a bit of a kick then..."

I'll modprod mpolo shortly.

Votals:

MasterOfAll (2): Sabrar, BoomFrog
Mark_Cangila (1): plytho
wam (3): MasterOfAll, bessie, Mark_Cangila
Madge (4): SuicideJunkie, LaserGuy, moody, wam

Not voting: Madge, mpolo

Phone posting, so I might have made a mistake. As things stand, Madge will be lynched (I think).

Deadline is 9pm UTC, Wednesday 19th December in roughly 1 and a half hours.

I may not be around until around an hour after deadline, but dimochka may be.

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT YOU MAY NOT READ SPOILERS UNTIL TOLD YOU CAN!
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:43 pm UTC

bessie wrote:@plytho, nice, I’ll add “make early ordered reads list” to my checklist. [/sarcasm]
Tells kind of lose their value once they've been outed, but do as you please :wink:
I think it's because you know it's hard as scum to make an early reads list so you subconsciously postpone it.

bessie wrote:
plytho wrote:
bessie wrote:plytho – Subtly prodding me the entire game, ok.

Not sure what you're saying here? Do you think I shouldn't prod you? Does the attention bother you?
Um, I believe I said "ok".
Yes, and I said I did not understand what you meant by it, so please answer.

bessie wrote:
plytho wrote:You're almost literally saying you don't care about mpolo's content and want a higher post count.
mpolo is not going to be lynched today, unless he flat out claims scum. I’ve already prodded him for reads here and nothing, so at this point I will take what I can get.
That's not really your style. Also doesn't make a lot of sense to ask for three posts instead of one.

bessie wrote:
plytho wrote:
bessie wrote:Mark_Cangila – Playing exactly like normal, hard to read, slightly scummy Mark, and he knows it. I feel though, that this time he is actually scum.
That is such a moody read :D
That read has in it everything necessary to justify my scum read. If you don’t see it, FoS you.

bessie wrote:
plytho wrote:It shows Mark isn't looking for scum, but trying to say the right thing.
Oh hahaha, when I said the same thing it was “such a moody read”.

I don't quite understand why they're the same, but I think I kind of read over "and he knows it" the first time. This was mostly meant as a joke because "Mark - Playing exactly like normal. I feel though, that this time he is actually scum. " Sounds exactly like something moody would say.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

plytho

Postby plytho » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:45 pm UTC

pre-emptive modprod on Madge

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:52 pm UTC

wam wrote:I'm a cop variant. I pick 1/4 of the players alive (rpunded up) and get told if they are the same alignment or different.
Btw, try to pick all town players. If you get it right we can get a whole block of confirmed town. Much more useful then getting a vague votablepool that may one have only one scum out of 3. I won't advise on who specifically to pick since that would let scum know if they need to prioritize killing/RBing you or not.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

plytho

Postby plytho » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:53 pm UTC

I will be around at deadline. I prefer Mark, but I will switch to Madge before deadline for safety (if no one joins me).

wam

Postby wam » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:02 pm UTC

plytho wrote:I will be around at deadline. I prefer Mark, but I will switch to Madge before deadline for safety (if no one joins me).

Sane but don't think there is enough of us. Also don't know if I will be back by deadline.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

plytho

Postby plytho » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:43 pm UTC

Vote:Madge

SuicideJunkie

Postby SuicideJunkie » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:48 pm UTC

I am now 85%+ convinced wam is town.

bessie

Postby bessie » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:54 pm UTC

plytho I'm on my phone will reply to yo D2 if I'm here.

I'm still convinced wam is scum and he's voting for Madge. So is plytho. Hmm.

Unvote wam
Vote: MasterOfAll

plytho

Postby plytho » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:58 pm UTC

bessie wrote:Unvote wam
Vote: MasterOfAll

What does this achieve?

bessie

Postby bessie » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:01 pm UTC

What do you care? The lynch is decided and my intentions are known.

plytho

Postby plytho » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:03 pm UTC

That's the second time you ask me why I care. I'm trying to read you so I'm going to ask questions if you do odd things.

wam

Postby wam » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:04 pm UTC

unvote

Vote MOA

As stated earlier preferred order is

Scum
1. Mark
2. Moa

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:24 pm UTC

Sorry for disappearing. The last two days were very chaotic. And I'm going to bed now — it seems the lynch is decided, and I'm not going to change anything either way.

Note to self: Read pages 4-6. Don't forget about this game again!
Image <-- Evil experiment

plytho

Postby plytho » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:31 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:Sorry for disappearing. The last two days were very chaotic. And I'm going to bed now — it seems the lynch is decided, and I'm not going to change anything either way.

Actually, it's 4v4 Madge vs MasterOfAll. With Madge leading for now.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:33 pm UTC

plytho wrote:
mpolo wrote:Sorry for disappearing. The last two days were very chaotic. And I'm going to bed now — it seems the lynch is decided, and I'm not going to change anything either way.

Actually, it's 4v4 Madge vs MasterOfAll. With Madge leading for now.

wam was voting for Madge, so it's 4-3 in MoA's favor (well, not favor exactly).
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

plytho

Postby plytho » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:37 pm UTC

I voted Madge before wam and bessie moved.

Votals:
Madge (4): SuicideJunkie, LaserGuy, moody, plytho
MasterOfAll (4): Sabrar, BoomFrog, wam, bessie
wam (2): MasterOfAll, Mark_Cangila

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:43 pm UTC

Well, one more reason to hate vote shenanigans.

Conditional Fos bessie and wam.

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

wam

Postby wam » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:48 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:Well, one more reason to hate vote shenanigans.

Can't speak for Bessie but MOA has been my 2nd choice behind Mark for a while.

plytho

Postby plytho » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:10 pm UTC

bessie wrote:plytho I'm on my phone will reply to yo D2 if I'm here.
Looking forward to it, although I'm a bit taken aback by the strength of your response to what I felt was some light prodding.

Also, jimbob was online and didn't end the day?

wam

Postby wam » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:20 pm UTC

Also this post sounds like your not happy with the lynch but your voting for Madge?

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:22 pm UTC

Time's up, no more posting! Day end post to follow shortly.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:23 pm UTC

Edited: removed for accidentally posting after deadline...

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:52 pm UTC

“Right, I believe this is far enough. I make it a whole mile from the castle. Everybody, tie up your horses to the tree over there, and then let’s gather around this fire that somebody conveniently left lit.”

The knights stood around telling the squires what to do. Some tied up some of the others, who’d been following along making appropriate horse noises. Nobody was actually going to waste a perfectly good warhorse on such a journey.

Once all the preparations for camp were complete, the questors assembled themselves together. There’d been a lot of arguing that some in the party didn’t actually have any plans to help the group at all. Some were proposing honour duels, or outright stringing them up!

Eventually, a pair of the knights appeared to be the most unpopular. Some were arguing that Sir MasterOfAll was trying to pretend that his name actually meant what it said. Others argued that Sir Madge was spending half his or her time (there was some confusion over the knight’s gender at one point!) asleep and the rest moaning.

Sir Jimbob pulled one of the squires to one side when the rest of the group were still arguing. After a few moments the squire walked up behind Sir Madge and hit her over the head with a large club. Sir Madge collapsed to the floor.

“Well, that is that argument sorted,” Sir Jimbob said. “Let’s get some rest. And please nobody get up to too many more shenanigans whilst I’m trying to sleep! Oh, and you there, please drag Sir Madge back to the castle. Maybe she’s probably only mostly dead, and can be revived.”

Votals:

Madge (4): SuicideJunkie, LaserGuy, moody7277, plytho
MasterOfAll (4): Sabrar, BoomFrog, bessie, wam
wam (2): MasterOfAll, Mark_Cangila

Madge has been lynched, as per the tie-breaker rules. Role reveal in the morning.

It is now night. Please submit your night actions. Night deadline in a little under 48 hours from this post (all things being equal). If people are desperate for a night deadline clock, let me know.

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT YOU MAY NOT READ SPOILERS UNTIL TOLD YOU CAN!
BlitzGirl the Primordial

jimbobmacdoodle

Re: Secret Santa 2018: A Christmas Knight (D2)

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:52 am UTC

D2: The Festive Foe

It took a long time for the camp to quiet down that night. Squires bustled about from place to place. Knights strolled around. The servants dressed up as steeds pretended to neigh. Eventually, it all quietened down, and everybody went to sleep.

The next morning, everybody emerged once more. It didn’t take long for members of the group to start sniggering, as Sir BoomFrog emerged, wearing nothing but underwear on their lower-half. Apparently somebody had thought it hilarious to steal his breaches, and nobody was now taking him seriously.

BoomFrog is voteless today. He may not vote.

After the giggling had died down a little, somebody pointed out that some people were missing. Where the fake-horses had been tied up, there was only a bit of chewed up rope, dangling from a tree. Sir bessie’s hunting dog sniffed around and barked. It had picked up a scent.

“Aha,” cried Sir Jimbob, “our foe is revealed! Quick, follow the dog!”

The knights all rushed after the dog as fast as they could. After a few minutes, they came to the crest of a small hill, devoid of trees or shrubs. There sat atop a rock, with its back turned to the party was a small rodent. The dog growled quietly at it from a distance, but wouldn’t approach any further.

“I know that mouse. It is the Dreaded Mouse of Weihnacht!” muttered one of the party. “It’s the deadliest beast this side of Camelot!”

“Now men, hush, the rodent has not seen us. It will be a great honour for someone to kill it,” said Sir Jimbob. “Who would like to volunt…”

At that moment, the Mouse turned around and stared straight at the group. Panic ensued, and the whole party turned and fled from the scene. Back at the camp, they regathered their wits and began planning. Sir Jimbob was muttering something about Sir wam being the culprit for reasons nobody seemed to really understand.

“My liege,” said one of the squires as they returned, “the group who took Sir Madge back to the castle left her belongings behind. “Would you care to look over them?”

Madge was lynched. She was Sir Blitzen the Shiny, Town:
Spoiler:
Character Name: Sir Blitzen the Shiny

Flavour:

You care a lot about your looks and love to polish your armour until it is bright silver (or rather, get your poor squires to do it for you). This is particularly noticeable on your shield, which is so shiny that it can dazzle people using even moonlight.

Power: Knight of the Mirror

Mechanics: You will passively redirect any non-killing [edit]targeting you[/edit] back onto the user of that ability, resulting in the user self-targeting.

Win Condition: You are a member of the Town and win when all threats to Town have been eliminated, and at least one member of Town is still alive.

Hidden Mechanics: None

It is now Day 2. Deadline will be in approximately 7 days (exact deadline to be announced later). If people would prefer a longer Day 2 due to the Christmas holidays, please say so.

Votals:

wam(1): None

Not voting: Everybody

With 11 alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.
Last edited by jimbobmacdoodle on Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:19 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
BlitzGirl the Primordial

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:21 am UTC

Overnight thoughts:

plytho wrote:Yes, and I said I did not understand what you meant by it, so please answer.
What? I mean it’s ok for you to prod me, but following that comment I’m noting an example of where I think you’ve got it wrong. What is unclear about that? Reference entire read:
bessie wrote:plytho – Subtly prodding me the entire game, ok. Pretending he doesn’t understand the post counts is odd enough, but why be against something that is encouraging content? Don’t like his page 4 interaction with Mark, feels to me like plytho is trying to steer the conversation toward something that is not going to be that important in determining the lynch. But it also feels like many conversations I have had with him, regardless of either of our alignments, so will reanalyze how I feel tomorrow.

plytho wrote:That's not really your style. Also doesn't make a lot of sense to ask for three posts instead of one.
See underlined in above quote.

plytho wrote:I don't quite understand why they're the same, but I think I kind of read over "and he knows it" the first time. This was mostly meant as a joke because "Mark - Playing exactly like normal. I feel though, that this time he is actually scum. " Sounds exactly like something moody would say.
My post was pointing out Mark was aware he is presenting his content to cultivate a specific interpretation. I spelled it out in my previous post, two posts above the one to which you are referring:
bessie wrote:I think part of the issue is that you are now self aware of what other players might consider typical of you.
I interpreted your remark in that you were pointing out the same thing.

What shenanigans? Per the rules, there was no way to force No Lynch. And I wasn’t putting anything even close.

Unofficial Votals after I moved my vote (a few minutes before deadline):
wam (2) : MasterOfAll, Mark_Cangila
MasterOfAll (3) : Sabrar, BoomFrog, bessie
Madge (5) : SuicideJunkie, LaserGuy, moody7277, wam, plytho
Not voting : Madge, mpolo

So moody, why the conditional FoS of me?

wam on the other hand. . . Nice safe pseudo bus there wam. Pre-post edit: or was it because you didn’t want to end the day with a vote on town?

plytho wrote:
bessie wrote:plytho I'm on my phone will reply to yo D2 if I'm here.
Looking forward to it, although I'm a bit taken aback by the strength of your response to what I felt was some light prodding.
I took the day off of work, was out Christmas shopping and made the mistake of bringing my husband, and was trying to get him a beer so he would chill out and I could finally have a chance to check the thread. The above comment was meant to be informational so that you knew I wasn’t at my computer and you didn’t assume I was ignoring your post.

Final D1 post count, including confirmation posts:
Spoiler:
bessie: 16
BoomFrog: 27
LaserGuy: 14
Madge: 11
Mark_Cangila: 14
MasterOfAll: 9
moody7277: 12
mpolo: 8
plytho: 37
Sabrar: 6
SuicideJunkie: 25
wam: 30

New thoughts:

I have nothing I feel like claiming.

So wam, how about those cop results?

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:29 am UTC

Well some of these results are interesting. The lack of NK is very interesting. I'm not surprised at Madge's flip. Nothing about her seemed that scummy.

The BF thing is super interesting. Why can't he vote? Also, what is the vote on Wam doing?

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:17 am UTC

Mark_Cangila wrote:Also, what is the vote on Wam doing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xqefRtReMI

SuicideJunkie

Postby SuicideJunkie » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:49 am UTC

Well, that upends my list.
Why did so many people follow my vote of all people?

No NK is clearly scum hijinks. What is the typical goal of that? Making a roleblocker believe they guessed the scum assigned to do the NK?

I did get an untraceable message during the night. The sender should be able to validate it to some degree.

SuicideJunkie

Postby SuicideJunkie » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:54 am UTC

Also, it is too bad Madge didn't cast the deciding vote. Could have saved herself.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:07 am UTC

Ack. Night was shorter than I had expected. Still have to catch up on day one.

My power got swapped out by someone/something in the night. That is, my power tonight is different than it was last night. This did not affect alignment/win-condition.

Sabrar and Master of All are co-aligned, according to the power that I had last night.

wam

Postby wam » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:22 am UTC

Quick answers

Cop results

Bessie, boom, laser not the same alignment.

mpolo wrote:
Sabrar and Master of All are co-aligned, according to the power that I had last night.

??? Did 2 people put in the same role or very similar.

plytho

Postby plytho » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:28 am UTC

Interesting stuff.

No kill most likely means a successful block or doctor. SuicideJunkie's assumption is weird and suspicious.

Summary of known/claimed powers:
-MoA: italics + messages
-wam: co-alignment cop
-mpolo: co-alignment cop (switched)

-unknown: vote blocker (on BoomFrog)
-unknown: extra vote on wam
-unkown: power switcher

Sabrar and MoA definitely didn't seem to be aware they're on the same team and mpolo isn't much of a gambiter so that makes me think they're likely town.

@SuicideJunkie: how do you know no night kill is scum hijinks? Are you trying to make a roleblocker doubt their result?
bessie wrote:What? I mean it’s ok for you to prod me, but following that comment I’m noting an example of where I think you’ve got it wrong. What is unclear about that? Reference entire read:
I though the ok might have been ironic. Like:
Spoiler:

bessie wrote:wam on the other hand. . . Nice safe pseudo bus there wam.
That did not look like a bus to me. I disagree that it was safe.

No confirmation about the italics bit of MoA's claim so far.
Sabrar seems to continue his D1 behavior.

@whoever sent me a message, please address me by name next time.

7 days is ok for me. I won't be that active the coming days, lots of christmas activities to attend.

ninja: interesting result from wam. I would have picked Sabrar instead of LaserGuy, though.
Out of those three I'm most suspicious of bessie. But none of them are to be underestimated.

plytho

Postby plytho » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:44 am UTC

MasterOfAll wrote:I also have the ability to send separate messages (1 each) to approx. half of the remaining players each night.

Did you send 5 or 6 messages?

wam

Postby wam » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:56 am UTC

@plytho 4 people I originally had were you and the three I picked. Couldn't decide so let random.org decide.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:28 pm UTC

Time is crunching down on me inexorably. I still hope to get back to this today — but I have two appointments and a shopping run now. I'd need eagle eyes to pick out something to comment on in the time available to me.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:52 pm UTC

bessie wrote:So moody, why the conditional FoS of me?

The condition wasn't met insofar as the wagon you and wam were apparently trying to steer the vote away from turned out to be town.

Some interesting results to ponder. I may also have something to add, but I want to check my info twice in light of what's already been said.

wam

Postby wam » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:47 pm UTC

wam wrote:

Also this post sounds like your not happy with the lynch but your voting for Madge?

Moody would like an answer to the above?

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:02 pm UTC

wam wrote:Moody would like an answer to the above?

I was perfectly happy with the Madge lynch until last night when it turned out she was town. What it looked like to me at the time was that you and bessie were trying to steer the lynch away from Madge (needing someone else's help as it turned out due to plytho's sotto voce vote), which since I figured that she was scummy meant you and bessie were suspicious.

Return to “Mafia”