The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 007 End & Epilogue)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 003)

Postby plytho » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:16 pm UTC

Knowing that wam is still in the game also makes it hard to go forward...

wam wrote:1. No I didn't know I would survive an arrest.
Why did you survive?
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 003)

Postby wam » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:19 pm UTC

Apparently I bribed the police.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 621
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 003)

Postby moody7277 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:05 pm UTC

So, some people we lynch don't stay lynched, and so far no one has any more info to determine bad guys based on night actions. It's hard to scumhunt when the scum are just as confused as town.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 002)

Postby plytho » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:53 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:There was no flaw and I'll gladly explain why after the game.
How about explaining it now?
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 003)

Postby Sabrar » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:17 pm UTC

I don't think so. It apparently relied on some false assumptions but revealing them would not be beneficial.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 003)

Postby Sabrar » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:06 pm UTC

After some consideration I have decided that I don't believe wam when he says that he didn't know about his lynch-immunity. There is about a 15% chance that the game is even more bastard that I currently think it is, but 85% is good enough.

Vote: wam

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 003)

Postby plytho » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:27 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:I don't think so. It apparently relied on some false assumptions but revealing them would not be beneficial.

Yeah, "oops ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ " doesn't really cut it when your flawless plan turns out to be anything but. Especially when the flaw was pointed out explicitly.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
Mark_Cangila
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:34 pm UTC

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 003)

Postby Mark_Cangila » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:42 pm UTC

I also survived. Just been busy sorry. I was told that MI6 made a deal to get me out and covered it as a prison inspection.

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 621
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 003)

Postby moody7277 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:49 pm UTC

And suddenly, the "vote everyone" strategy takes on a disturbingly plausible look to it.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
freezeblade
Posts: 1398
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm UTC
Location: Oakland

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 003)

Postby freezeblade » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:59 pm UTC

Well, I for one don't like this, as we basically NL'd two days in a row, and have no extra information (that people are willing to divulge).

My actions failed last night (well, the ones that weren't defensive actions, which I didn't get any feedback on). I tried to follow someone, and lost them in a crowded bus terminal.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 621
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 003)

Postby moody7277 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:06 pm UTC

freezeblade wrote:Well, I for one don't like this, as we basically NL'd two days in a row, and have no extra information (that people are willing to divulge).

My actions failed last night (well, the ones that weren't defensive actions, which I didn't get any feedback on). I tried to follow someone, and lost them in a crowded bus terminal.


On the plus side, there hasn't been a night kill go through yet (although bessie mentioned someone got poisoned), which means we're in part three of D1 (and isn't Madge lucky she's not in the game).
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 003)

Postby Sabrar » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:13 pm UTC

plytho wrote:Yeah, "oops ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ " doesn't really cut it when your flawless plan turns out to be anything but. Especially when the flaw was pointed out explicitly.

moody7277 wrote:And suddenly, the "vote everyone" strategy takes on a disturbingly plausible look to it.

The flawless plan is still flawless. Unless everyone has an infinite number of get-out-of-the-jail-for-free cards, but I really doubt that.

User avatar
freezeblade
Posts: 1398
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm UTC
Location: Oakland

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 003)

Postby freezeblade » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:18 pm UTC

It's only flawless if your assumptions about the setup and mechanics are correct. And well *gestures to everyone still alive*
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 621
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 003)

Postby moody7277 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:26 pm UTC

Calling it a "flawless plan" without so much as an iota of data in favor seems a bit grandiose, but seeing our alternative is lacking:

Vote: wam

ninja'd P.S. Yeah, what freezeblade said.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (D1)

Postby Sabrar » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:28 pm UTC

bessie wrote:1. Where were you leaning town on wam in Texas?
2. You wanted him vigged at the end of D1.

1. In my head. I don't always openly defend people whom I find townie while others find them scummy if my conviction isn't strong enough. The reason is somewhat selfish, I want to avoid getting connected to them in case they get lynched and I was wrong (see Vicarin defending bessie in Texas).
2. No, I just had to include him in the list. It wouldn't have been the worst case scenario anyway, getting rid of a scummy-looking town with Vig is preferable to mislynching them.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 003)

Postby plytho » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:31 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:And suddenly, the "vote everyone" strategy takes on a disturbingly plausible look to it.

Can you explain why? I'm having trouble following your reasoning here.

So now there are three people that want to arrest everyone?
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 621
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 003)

Postby moody7277 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:43 pm UTC

I know I have an ability that, were I to be arrested, I would be back out the next day. It is therefore an allowed hypothesis that all town have such an ability, although if you trust the flavor wam gave with his it's a bit shadier (might just be Bangkok). There might also have been interference with night abilities that would be mitigated if all of the scummier persons were out of the way.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 003)

Postby Sabrar » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:26 pm UTC

Unvote

I feel like the only way in this game to remove someone from the game entirely is to shoot them. I don't think this game should have been labelled as mafia. Whatever.

Party at my house, everyone's invited. We'll hold a shoot-out and sort out the bodies tomorrow. :D
Spoiler:
just for bessie's sake: above plan is not serious

User avatar
Mark_Cangila
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:34 pm UTC

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 003)

Postby Mark_Cangila » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:08 pm UTC

I would agree that shooting is probably the only kill method. I also couldn't do any actions while arrested.

User avatar
somitomi
Posts: 754
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:21 pm UTC
Location: can be found in Hungary
Contact:

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 003)

Postby somitomi » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:30 pm UTC

Mark_Cangila wrote:I also survived. Just been busy sorry. I was told that MI6 made a deal to get me out and covered it as a prison inspection.

I'm going to have stern words with the police chief about releasing everyone they've arrested so far.
moody7277 wrote:And suddenly, the "vote everyone" strategy takes on a disturbingly plausible look to it.

What? How does everyone being lynchproof make the "vote everyone" plan more sensible?
Sabrar wrote:The flawless plan is still flawless. Unless everyone has an infinite number of get-out-of-the-jail-for-free cards, but I really doubt that.

How is this plan still "flawless" at this point? We just saw the pitfalls bessie and I pointed out D2 are not just possible but probable as well. Sure, infinite get-out-of-jail-free is unlikely, but scum only needs to survive a limited number of arrests before all of town is dead.
Sabrar wrote:Unvote
I feel like the only way in this game to remove someone from the game entirely is to shoot them. I don't think this game should have been labelled as mafia. Whatever.

I have the feeling you might be right and I kind of share your frustration to be honest. Is anyone going to burst in guns blazing and save the day?
Image
―◯‐◯ FG Discord◯‐◯―

User avatar
somitomi
Posts: 754
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:21 pm UTC
Location: can be found in Hungary
Contact:

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 003)

Postby somitomi » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:31 pm UTC

EBWOP:
moody7277 wrote:
On the plus side, there hasn't been a night kill go through yet (although bessie mentioned someone got poisoned), which means we're in part three of D1 (and isn't Madge lucky she's not in the game).

Yay, even less information!
Image
―◯‐◯ FG Discord◯‐◯―

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 003)

Postby plytho » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:34 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:I know I have an ability that, were I to be arrested, I would be back out the next day.

It's odd that you are aware of it while Wam claims he wasn't and Mark seemed to imply the same.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
freezeblade
Posts: 1398
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm UTC
Location: Oakland

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 003)

Postby freezeblade » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:24 pm UTC

plytho wrote:
moody7277 wrote:I know I have an ability that, were I to be arrested, I would be back out the next day.

It's odd that you are aware of it while Wam claims he wasn't and Mark seemed to imply the same.


I also have this mechanic. Although I will say that it is not as cut and dry as "arrest immune" (granted it is the same mechanic) and discussion of it in this way has pretty much convinced me that both Mark and Wam aren't town (or at least, not the same flavor as I).

To be clear, Wam: you had no idea how you avoided prosecution once being arrested? (This includes that you took no action on your part)
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 003)

Postby bessie » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:01 am UTC

Some of you are lying liars. I won’t be home until late tonight so I won’t have time to FoS you until then, but you know who you are.

Sabrar wrote:I don't think so. It apparently relied on some false assumptions but revealing them would not be beneficial.
I love it when Sabrar is wrong. This made my day.

Ok, I have no idea how the game is supposed to progress. It doesn't seem to be from lynching or night killing. Hmmmmm. . .


I know where the Solex Agitator is.

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 003)

Postby wam » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:54 am UTC

@freeze flavour says I paid a bribe, not something I was aware of before being arrested.

Sabrar is missing the point. Scum could be arrested get free and then just lurk the whole way through the game.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 003)

Postby plytho » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:58 am UTC

town
plytho
bessie: no way scum bessie is going to admit poisoning people and then giving them an antidote.

freezeblade: I like how freezeblade claimed his result to start discussion. Scum has no reason to move away from the confusion (and his claim is verifiable)
somitomi: I like his pushing on Sabrar's plan
moody: seems to be concerned about the right things. I like how worried he was about getting wam arrested.

Sabrar: keeps making unfounded assumptions, weird double down on the plan.
wam: Still looking scummy. Not really giving the impression of trying to figure this thing out.
Mark: Like wam, but worse.
scum

If we think the 'get out of an arrest free' cards are exhaustible we should probably just arrest wam and Mark again? It's not like they're giving any arguments for keeping them active.

Hmm, maybe arrests are just roleblocks on scummy people? From that pov I think I'm in favor of arresting Sabrar along with wam and Mark.

@wam: why did you steal those pressure plates?
@Mark: what did you do N1?
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 003)

Postby Sabrar » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:05 am UTC

wam wrote:Sabrar is missing the point. Scum could be arrested get free and then just lurk the whole way through the game.
What is this in relation to?

plytho wrote:Sabrar: keeps making unfounded assumptions,
Sabrar wrote:I assumed. i do that occasionally. #sarcasm

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 003)

Postby wam » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:52 am UTC

Sabrar wrote:
wam wrote:Sabrar is missing the point. Scum could be arrested get free and then just lurk the whole way through the game.
What is this in relation to?

plytho wrote:Sabrar: keeps making unfounded assumptions,
Sabrar wrote:I assumed. i do that occasionally. #sarcasm


The grand plan.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 003)

Postby Sabrar » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:39 pm UTC

But then if everybody is always released and target number for arrest does not go down we will know that they are lurking...
I don't see your point.

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 003)

Postby wam » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:14 pm UTC

Sabrar wrote:But then if everybody is always released and target number for arrest does not go down we will know that they are lurking...
I don't see your point.


If you look at the start of this day people didn't know about Mark and I still playing.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 003)

Postby bessie » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:17 pm UTC

Vote: wam

Please post the votals and the deadline.


Sabrar, why did you unvote?

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 003)

Postby Sabrar » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:39 pm UTC

Because I don't think we can shoot wam in jail.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 003)

Postby plytho » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:41 pm UTC

@Bessie: the current deadline is in the Op
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 003)

Postby bessie » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:49 pm UTC

I don’t beilieve this explanation from wam:
wam wrote:1. No I didn't know I would survive an arrest.


Refer to a comment I made here on D2:
bessie wrote:
wam wrote:I agree with sabrars plan and tbh I should probably go first just as Bessie is locked on and it will allow the rest of you to focus on getting scum.
I’m not usually able to lead a lynch. There have been many many times where I’ve locked on to someone and been unable to get anyone to follow. It is puzzling to me as to why you would give up so easily.


Ninja’d by Sabrar. Hmm, I didn’t even consider that the arrest mechanics might actually be that of a traditional “jailer”. Will think about this while I am at work today.

Unvote.

User avatar
SuicideJunkie
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:40 pm UTC

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 002)

Postby SuicideJunkie » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:34 pm UTC

Sorry, I'd typed this up but didn't hit submit.
Votals:

  • Wam <--(1, max 2)
    • Sabrar
    • Moody7277
    • Bessie

Countdown

User avatar
somitomi
Posts: 754
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:21 pm UTC
Location: can be found in Hungary
Contact:

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 003)

Postby somitomi » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:01 pm UTC

freezeblade wrote:
plytho wrote:
moody7277 wrote:I know I have an ability that, were I to be arrested, I would be back out the next day.

It's odd that you are aware of it while Wam claims he wasn't and Mark seemed to imply the same.


I also have this mechanic. Although I will say that it is not as cut and dry as "arrest immune" (granted it is the same mechanic) and discussion of it in this way has pretty much convinced me that both Mark and Wam aren't town (or at least, not the same flavor as I).

I also have that machanic, although it's conditional and the nature of this condition makes it less likely to happen as the game progresses. It doesn't expire after any set number of uses or days.
bessie wrote:Ok, I have no idea how the game is supposed to progress. It doesn't seem to be from lynching or night killing. Hmmmmm. . .

I've been thinking about mobilizing whatever vigilantes might be in the game (presumably targeting a democratically chosen person), but I haven't yet found a way to avoid multiple people targeting the same person and "wasting" a kill. I know there were no kills but absence of evidence is hopefully not evidence of absence.
plytho wrote:
If we think the 'get out of an arrest free' cards are exhaustible we should probably just arrest wam and Mark again? It's not like they're giving any arguments for keeping them active.

Hmm, maybe arrests are just roleblocks on scummy people? From that pov I think I'm in favor of arresting Sabrar along with wam and Mark.

Hmmm. We can't be sure the get out of jail free cards are indeed finite and Sabrar does have a point about arrested players being immune to kills, I need to think about this over dinner.
Image
―◯‐◯ FG Discord◯‐◯―

User avatar
bessie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 am UTC
Location: California

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 003)

Postby bessie » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:15 am UTC

moody7277 wrote:Well, I tried following Sabrar's point last night, but apparently I suck at espionage because I still have nothing to report.

I don’t understand this comment.

freezeblade wrote:I guess I'm really not understanding this game, as it appears again that we have all the players in the game still.

Does anyone have any idea what the hell is going on?

somitomi wrote:Seriously what?
@Mark: are you still in the game as well?

It appears freezeblade and somitomi are puzzled as to how wam and Mark survived the lynch, however these are very odd comments considering both of them also claim to have some lynch immunity.

moody7277 wrote: It's hard to scumhunt when the scum are just as confused as town.

Interesting. Why do you think scum is confused? Of whom in particular were you thinking?

somitomi wrote:I've been thinking about mobilizing whatever vigilantes might be in the game (presumably targeting a democratically chosen person), but I haven't yet found a way to avoid multiple people targeting the same person and "wasting" a kill.

Since when? D1, D2, or just now? When did you start thinking that we have multiple vigilantes? And you can’t think of any plan at all? Like say, even players target wam, odd players target Mark? This whole statement is very suspicious, like you want to appear like you’re trying to figure out the game, but you aren’t really trying very hard.

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 003)

Postby plytho » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:42 am UTC

Freezeblade, Mark and moody have all been quiet for over 24 hours. With days this short, that's a lot of time to lose.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 003)

Postby plytho » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:46 am UTC

bessie wrote:Like say, even players target wam, odd players target Mark?
That's actually not a bad plan.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

User avatar
Sabrar
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

Re: The Mafia with the Golden Gun (Day 003)

Postby Sabrar » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:04 am UTC

What happens if A tracks B, B tracks A and both of them are successful? At which location do they end up? If C tracks either A or B will s/he be there as well?


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests