Sleep-time holodeck experiences

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

New User

Re: Sleep-time holodeck experiences

Postby New User » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:45 pm UTC

I had a detailed and very disturbing dream.

A couple and their young son went for a vacation to a sunny vacation town. They left their son alone for a bit, and he was abducted by criminals. When the parents found the criminal leader to ask for their son's return, the crime boss told them that they would only return their son if they would kill another boy by feeding him drugs until he dies. This was apparently so the criminals could test their drug on the child. The parents were very reluctant to do so, and begged for another option. But the crime boss told them it was the only way, or else they would never see their son again. The criminal organization was trafficking a very potent and extremely addictive kind of heroin that drove people mad, and they displayed the results of their drug. They showed adults that were addicted to the drug. One had a large open wound on his thigh, but white fluid was pooled in the wound instead of blood. He jabbed a needle into his own wound to try to get more of the drug into his body. Others were so sick from the drug that they vomited, but then knelt down to lap up the vomit from the floor because it contained the drug and they wanted as much as possible in their body. The addicts knew that they shouldn't be behaving like this, but they couldn't help themselves because the desire for the drug was so strong. I awoke before the plot line of the abducted child was resolved.

SuicideJunkie

Postby SuicideJunkie » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:18 pm UTC

I was sitting on a couch, and slipped back down behind the cushions up to my chest.
I somehow misplaced my pants in the process, so I started handing out all the lost random items from under the cushions to people so they wouldn't reach in to look themselves.
First coins, then wallets, balls of wool, game consoles, desk lamps, small chairs...

Soot Leopard

Postby Soot Leopard » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:34 pm UTC

That sounds... entertaining...

I had another bizarre series of transformation dreams last night. Started at an animal shelter or breeder where for some reason I decided it would be a good idea to buy a wild african serval cat and bring her home to my brother. She was nasty and it was difficult getting her home and when I was right outside the door she somehow turned me into a wild cat (presumably another serval although I never saw my own face).

And that's how the first dream ended. Later in the night after waking up once or twice I had another dream where I was still a wild cat but now I could talk, and I was immediately picked up by a police officer who took me to be interrogated and asked me a series of increasingly stupid questions about who I'd spoken to at some point in the past:
"Did you speak to your wife" ("I'm not married")
"Did you speak to your landlord" ("I don't have a landlord")
"Did you speak to your laundry lady" ("I'm a wild animal that doesn't wear clothes")
And the whole time I'm thinking "what an idiot."
At that point I noticed the one-way glass in the room was very dirty and I still couldn't see my reflection. I started to seriously wonder what sort of wild cat I actually was 'cause my tail seemed very long for an african serval. Then I woke up.

After I woke up I remembered a couple things that might have been relevant to the dream but I didn't "know" while I was having it.
1) That the police "character" interrogating me had probably never interrogated a talking cat before and was just as lost as I was. My reaction of "what an idiot" could have partly been just a cat being a cat. But the cat was me. Slightly disturbing.
2) That police only interrogate someone when they're quite sure that person is the perp. So what was I supposed to have done? Was it while I was human or while I was a potentially dangerous wild animal? Did I eat someone? Kinda more disturbing.
3) That the character might have thought the other serval from the other dream qualified as a "wife". And that's... I'm not really sure if it's disturbing or not.
Last edited by Soot Leopard on Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:38 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Ship's cat, MPSV Iberia
Beware my original music which you can find on https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden and other places besides!

New User

Postby New User » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:24 pm UTC

It was so clear to me when I woke up, but now I only remember it vaguely. There was a box or crate, and inside was a pop star. He had been criminally abducted and was inside the box against his will. My mother was with me, and she noticed that the guy was inside the box. The prisoner continued to use a phone or computer or something to access the internet, but he only accessed his own social media accounts to tell his fans that he was being held prisoner. He did not try to contact law enforcement or to get any real help. My mother and I alerted the police, and soon, an ambulance arrived. Two medics approached, but wouldn't do anything until a police officer arrived to make sure it was safe. Soon, a policeman arrived and opened the box. I suddenly feared that it might be booby-trapped, but it was safely opened and the pop star emerged. He was quite grateful for being rescued, but was apparently addicted to social media. He walked over to us and personally thanked my mother for saving him.

New User

Postby New User » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:28 pm UTC

I must have been hungry. I remember in the dream there was a hotel or a guest house of some sort, and someone was cooking a cut of meat and pouring hot sauce on it.

Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.

Postby Deva » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:06 pm UTC

Dreamed about a Dungeons and Dragons game. Forgot most details. Remembers rolling a banana for a spell attack. Looked roughly like this:
Banana Die.jpg
Banana Die.jpg (5.99 KiB) Viewed 363 times

Asked how to read it. Evidently rolled a 6. Woke up after correcting two misunderstandings (the first about the modifier and the second about to-hit versus damage). Never found out if it hit. Presumes not, given a +6 to-hit modifier. Did not roll for the other two targets either.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:07 pm UTC

Ah, yes, the fabled 12 sided banana. "Roll 3b12" as the saying goes.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Return to “General”