Who the dickens are you?

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

The Finn

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Postby The Finn » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:57 pm UTC

Hello. I am The Finn. It's a nickname given to me because I have the tendency to transcend games. Just "Finn" is fine.

I'm an Aspie, gainfully employed by an unspecified firm performing analysis and editing and IT functions. I like to say that I work as a digital-rational / analog-irrational entity mediator.

I have training in CS, Formal Logic, Debate, English Lit, Game Design, and Linguistics, and have worked in IT, the Semiconductor industry, Computer Security, and a really long list of mundane jobs. I am an autodidact and read insatiably. I own an iPod Touch and want more than anything else for there to be a decent e-Book reader for it.

I am of the variety of people for whom Arguing With (:People:?:Strangers:) Who Are Doin It Rong (?:On The InterBets:) verges on an addiction, and by that point of view, I've mainlined and become tolerant to almost every hard quandary-drug there exists.

I am a fan of Stargate Atlantis' Rodney McKay and Firefly's Hoban Washburn, Terry Pratchett, and if it were possible to be a fan of him, Daniel Tammet.

I'm married and have a four-year-old stepson. They are the greatest things in my life. Raising an exuberant, extroverted, empathic but not-intellectually-gifted child is the greatest challenge I've ever faced.

Gizzmo0815

Postby Gizzmo0815 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:18 pm UTC

Hello xkcd world,

I'm a new guy here...but I've been an avid reader of xkcd for some time now. The draw to enter into some of the conversations on this forum has finally gotten the better of me.

Who am I?

I'm in the military, have been for several years now. I enjoy the life...and I love the people. I am also a political scientist, and thus have caused and ended some terribly interesting arguments/discussions with many a stranger on the current state of the world. Ask me about my beliefs and experiences and I'll be happy to chat. I love talking to people about any and all things social, economic, scientific and political.

I love experiencing things that others don't have the opportunity to experience and then teaching others about it. I think I'll probably be a teacher or a professor in the next stage(s) of my life.

I play the trumpet, though I haven't been as avid of a trumpeter in recent years, which is sad because I genuinely miss it. I do, however, waylay the loss by filling in my time playing the guitar when I can. Acoustic only...I don't own an electric (though I do love all types of rock/metal/alternative etc..etc...). And I have been known to dabble with the piano, but mostly as a method to try out how something sounds quickly.

I absolutely love music above all things. To those of you that don't feel the same way I don't think you ever will. And to those of you that do, you know exactly what I'm talking about...

Favorite Authors>Fiction: Stephen King, Orson Scott Card, Dean Koontz, John Irving, John Grisham, Robert Ludlum, Ursula K. Leguin, Tom Clancy, Patricia Cornwell, Umberto Eco, Katherine Neville, Mark Z. Danielewski and many...many...MANY more.

Movies (I'm not even going to try to list them all but to pick a favorite): The Shawshank Redemption

Glad to be here!
Last edited by Gizzmo0815 on Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:04 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Life is "trying things to see if they work".
-Ray Bradbury

backslash

Postby backslash » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:00 pm UTC

Howdy y'all. No, I am not from the south. But I don't have anything against people that are.

I am a left coaster, old enough to be father to some of you folks, and young enough to not care. I find the rules on sites like these to be astoundingly common sense, and also find that common sense is not so common any longer. I like adventure, as well as books and movies from that genre. I am recently divorced, two kids. I am an actor who does some very interesting work with lasers as my day job, and leaves on Friday at lunch to play ice hockey. An enigma, wrapped in a conundrum. With a side of dichotomy sauce.

This board marks my return to forum cruising. I spent a year and a half on the old Brunching Shuttlecocks board, but through no fault of theirs lost my account twice (I was Currency Blasphemer if you were there, and remember.) Found your group whilst searching for Mornington Crescent, so that should tell you a lot.

Looking forward to playing, commenting, getting to know you all.
"...life's too long to bother with suing Andrew fucking Lloyd Webber." -- Roger Waters

RaptorInsurance

Postby RaptorInsurance » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:38 pm UTC

I'm Alex, 16, in London, a mathematician and not good at introductions.
Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back.

1=0

Postby 1=0 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:07 pm UTC

Sour Apple wrote:You know, I've met exactly one person here who's even heard of Terry Pratchett? It really depresses me.

Don't despair
you
are not
alone

Even though Myth Adventures eats Discworld for breakfast. :mrgreen:

PS: best DW character ?
Spoiler:
Nanny Ogg (in part for her musical ability)
I feel diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Zug-Zug

Postby Zug-Zug » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:23 pm UTC

1=0 wrote:PS: best DW character ?
Spoiler:

DEATH wins hands down.
I mean, anyone that can speak in caps and doesn't need quotation marks deserves to have an award for Best Character Ever!

1=0

Postby 1=0 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:34 pm UTC

Zug-Zug wrote:
Spoiler:

DEATH wins hands down.
I mean, anyone that can speak in caps and doesn't need quotation marks deserves to have an award for Best Character Ever!

Actually... you're right. I bow and apologize.
SQUEEK !
I feel diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Zug-Zug

Postby Zug-Zug » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:34 pm UTC

1=0 wrote:Actually... you're right. I bow and apologize.
SQUEEK !

Apology accepted, and SQUEEK INDEED.

mlaboss

Postby mlaboss » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:36 am UTC

Sam Vimes. Or maybe Vetinari. The Night Watch centered books are my favorite.

Billyjoe

Postby Billyjoe » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:48 am UTC

Hey there, I'm Billyjoe (though my name is neither). I have had this name for a few years (since 2001); it comes form my original X-fire name Billyjoebob33 (curiously Billyjoe, and billyjoebob were taken).

I'm in High School still, I enjoy music, theatre, physics, and computer science. I sing in my schools Jazz group, and our concert choir. I have been taking comp sci for 2 years (next year will be my third), my first language is Java, though I have tought myself some C++ and Ruby. In the physics category this is my first year of it, but I'm somewhat advanced and plan to do AP next year, then do aerospace engineering in college.

My favorite book is The Three Musketeers, with Enders Game, and then The Plague following close behind. My favorite musical is, by far, Into the Woods. My favorite opera is La Boheme (Musseta's Waltz being my favorite piece from it). My favorite movie is The Matrix. My musical taste is very, very, very eclectic, I enjoy everything from Chichester Psalms to Dragonforce. I'm an apatheist because frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

I enjoy playing Super Smash Bros. Melee in my spare time (can't wait for brawl), I'm not to shabby, so when brawl does come out ask for my wii friend code and we can play a game or two :)

Anything else? A/S/L? You can get that form my profile though eh?

Peregrin

Postby Peregrin » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:20 am UTC

Salutations. I be but a humble high school senior. I have a wide range of interests, but my main focuses are on classical music and biochemistry. I play piano (jazz and classical) as well as flute and have dabbled in percussion.

My physics teacher introduced me to the wonder of xkcd, and since then, I've had a loving relationship with the comic. Anything that references physics, Robert Frost, and Guitar Hero and yet still manages to be coherent and funny is guaranteed the label of "awesome."

Apart from that, I'm standard high school male fare. Video games, academics, and a general cynicism engendered by a love of dystopian and existential literature.

Lord Aurora

Postby Lord Aurora » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:55 am UTC

Hey.

I'm Lord Aurora, but you can call me Blue if you want. I'm majoring in English (with a minor in CompSci) at Duke University.

See you around the fora.
Decker wrote:Children! Children! There's no need to fight. You're ALL stupid.

Kalatash

Postby Kalatash » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:57 am UTC

I go by the name of Kalatash online, usually.

I really dislike introducing myself.
G = T x M
T= M
G = (M) x M = M2
M = √E
G = (√E)2
G = E

toru173

Postby toru173 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:46 pm UTC

Hi everyone. I'm Tom, and to be honest I've been afraid of joining the forums here because the comics are always so witty - I feel a little stupid in comparison. Finally convinced to join by the nice people over at AtomicMPC. I think I found my dream girl wearing a "No Raptors" shirt, and I'd like to see if I can track her down without going through everyone's wardrobe. I'll post about that later.

For now, I'm 21 and I've read the comic religiously for a buhmillion years, re-reading it a couple of times. I love the innernets and I have been prowly-ing around for ages. xkcd resonates with me perfectly, and has given me many "I do that! I'm not as strange as I thought!" moments.

yey me

Chrismclegless

Postby Chrismclegless » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:01 pm UTC

toru173 wrote:xkcd resonates with me perfectly, and has given me many "I do that! I'm not as strange as I thought!" moments.

Yes you are. But I am too, and so is everyone else here. :)
Londo: Maybe it was something I said?
G'Kar: Maybe it is everything you say.

How tasty is YOUR brain?

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

toru173

Postby toru173 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:10 pm UTC

Chrismclegless wrote:Yes you are. But I am too, and so is everyone else here. :)

That is excellent. I hope I fit right in

iamfree

Postby iamfree » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:28 pm UTC

hello world. i just graduated from George Mason Univ. with a sweet B.S. in biology. now i'm working at the Virginia Institute of Marine Science and taking part in a breeding program to try to play god and engineer oysters that are disease resistant to all kinds of nasty buggers in hopes of repopulating Chesapeake Bay. i plan on doing a masters in genetics soon enough then hopefully to get my silly phd and be overqualified and underpaid. apart from that nonsense, i attempt to dabble in theoretical physics in my spare time though understand little and pretend to comprehend about 109 as much. so it works out for me.

in case anyone is into this kind of stuff, i just started a project to create storm trooper armour. i will post about that later on for those super Star Wars fans like myself.
GACAACGCACGCAACGCGCCCCGGACCACCUAA

just let It happen

GCM

Postby GCM » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:53 pm UTC

Last edited by GCM on Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:49 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
All warfare is based on heavily-armed robotic commandos.
~Sun Tzu

Notes: My last avatar was "Vote Robot Nixon", so I'm gonna keep a list here. :D

tryptanymph
More metal than thou

Postby tryptanymph » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:09 pm UTC

Hey dudes. I'm a looooong time lurker, and a newbie poster here. I spend most of my time on silly forum games. Joy.

Anyway, you might find I am much wittier online than I am in real life, because I can have time to think online. I play guitar. Rock and metal is just awesome, \m/. I am a HUGE Terry Pratchett fan, and I think I've read every Discworld novel. Twice. Up to 5 times in some cases.

Q: LAWL ASL? KTHXBAI

A: 17, male, Leeds, England

I'm a part time music student at Leeds College of Music, a part time nerd, part time gamer, part time sleeper, full time awesome dude. My name is Joe.

I got the nick sleepygamer from playing Neverwinter Nights, and I needed a new nick 'cuz my old one had broken. Then later, that one got broken too. I think someone must've got my password. Damn them.

Anyway. I go by many online names. sleepygamer (used most of the time. Uncyclopedia mainly.), dying_wolf (my Skype name, also my Steam account name), Phencyclidine, Columbo, obviouslypepsi (my Youtube), and (sometimes) clintmaxfield. Not much though.

Good to be here. :twisted:
phlip wrote:sleepy, the only thing you're worse at is being not awesome.*
*All links to be treated as NFSW.

Puck

Postby Puck » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:41 pm UTC

Hey all. Dave, 25, St. Louis, MO. Software developer by day; by night, husband, babysitter of puppies, puzzle aficionado, soccer goalkeeper and goalkeeping coach, baritone singer, dabbler in musical instruments of various ilk, avid player of card games (bridge, poker, hearts, skat, etc). Guitar Hero; recovering World of Warcraft addict.
22/7 wrote:If I could have an alternate horn that would yell "If you use your turn signal, I'll let you in" loud enough to hear inside another car, I would pay nearly any amount of money for it.

Jeanius

Postby Jeanius » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:01 pm UTC

Alo alo. No, please, don't get up.

I'm the 25 year old version of me. Don't let the nickname fool you, I do have a real name believe you me (it's more of a self-proclaimed nick anyways, isn't that sad?). I went to college, where I learned how to smoke pot. Undergrad major in engineering physics, minor in bioengineering and life sciences, ASI in general engineering. Currently in grad school, *trying* to make it through a masters in bioengineering, and *eventually* on to PhD. I'm enjoying my thesis, contrary to what a lot of fellow students have been saying. I've been doing work with hydrogen-producing algae and associated sensors, since the opportunity presented itself, however my main interest lies in intelligent prosthetics and implants.

I work too. I'm an indentured slave and all-around bitch dog (aka intern) at a laid back engineering firm, not doing anything remotely related to what I want to do, but they pay me well, and I need those damn electrons to power my guitar hero. When I mean laid back, I mean it. My boss is gone half of the week on average, I get in at 10:30 usually (though my time cards say 9), and I'd say I put in a good 4 hours of solid work a week at this job without ever getting any negative feedback (quality, not quantity, right?). How these guys got to the top of their industry I cannot fathom. I'm not bitter about this job, just in awe.

When I have the time, I do other things... like sleep. Trying to game is almost impossible nowadays, but I get in a few hours of Perfect World each week. I blow glass too, although the local shop closed and won't reopen until, um, the future. I'm also addicted to Frasier. And popsicles. And sushi (but what good nerd isn't?) No, I'm not into anime, I don't watch Star Trek (I'm sorry, please let me stay guys), and I'm a mediocre programmer at best, unless you're talking about Matlab. Mmmm, Matlab...

Oh yea, I live in Colorado. I'm an implant though, from the Los Angeles jungle. And I don't really read very much JTHM, I just liked the avatar.
"You're reading the manual??? God man, you must be stoned..."

paradigm^

Postby paradigm^ » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:32 pm UTC

Hello. I'm in my final year studying Computing at Imperial College London. I have registered on the xkcd forums to pick the brains of people who are better at maths than me. It's a good excuse to join - I've been tempted to for a while now, and now needs must :D

I currently spend too much time playing Soul Calibur 2 and not enough time doing my project. I worked at Rebellion Studios last summer for my placement; I intend to make a career out of games programming, as I believe fun is more important than money. My name is on the credits of the PS2, PSP and Wii versions of The Simpsons Game, and quite frankly I'm ashamed of that.

I'm also quite tired, which is the reason this intro post isn't as chirpy as it could be.

netsplit
Location: Z̈̓̾̾̀̉ͬ̅ͯͪͬ̚͢͏̴̝̝̩̳͙͘a̷̧̰̥̯͎͍͍̻̮͔̭̰̗̺̩̐̀͛͐ͥ͐ͨ͆̀̉̐̌̅͑ͣ͟ͅľ̸̠̟̭̲̜̹̗͎͍̗̤͖̤͕̣̝̀̊̑ͯͬ͌̍ͬ͂ͤ͛̀̚g̍̅́ͮ̌̏ͣ́̀͏͍

Postby netsplit » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:33 pm UTC

I don't think I ever bothered to formally introduce myself.

Well I'm American, born and raised in semirural Michigan. I AM NOT EXTREMELY IGNORANT ABOUT THINGS. I hate the stereotype. I had a fight with a Canadian friend about this recently. It ended with me kicking her ass at a Canadian trivia.:p

I'm a little dyslexic so communication isn't always my strong suit. I tend to forget to type words, or type in a word that just kind of sounds like the word I want even though it means something completely different. Aside from that college student starting this spring. Ima do a certification course for electronics repair. Then use the job I get from that to pay for a 4 year degree in something. My ultimate career goal is either "cowboy, astronaut, warlock, more powerful astronaut, or beer expert". If you get that reference then you're awesome. If those solid career choices don't work out then ima prolly do something in IT.
from da craddle to da grave, geek life 4 eva
better show hardcore respect ya'll

JayDee wrote:"What is the difference between erotic and kinky? Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the whole Dinosaur."

Nillerz

Postby Nillerz » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:18 am UTC

Hiya, I'm Nillerz, big fan/internet superhero.

Hulyen

Postby Hulyen » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:27 am UTC

All right, you guys have finally made me register. Too many things that apply to me that now I'm going to end up going through and reply to a bunch that I've been wanting to for MONTHS. Like whoever was looking for someone who had that 3D Dinosaur Adventure Game. It was in a velociraptor thread. I TOTALLY HAD THAT.

Any way! I'm a geek in a LOT of different areas. Was in band for years (trumpet): concert, marching, jazz, pep, pit, full orchestra....I do art and graphic design, I'm a gamer (card, tabletop, video), And uhhh....other things, but my mind's suddenly given me a blank. So I'll just stick with those for now!

At any rate, I look forward to getting to know some of you, hopefully, as this seems like a nifty group of people! :D

AshlerZ

Postby AshlerZ » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:34 am UTC

What's up ya'll?

I'm here because Spencer (or whatever his board name is. EDIT: Okay, it's CorranH, that was easy.) made me join.

Name's Ashley, 20 years old, Stockton, CA. Nice to meet you! :D

ossix

Postby ossix » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:49 pm UTC

hi,
i'm a 20 years old student (physics/computer science) from germany who's been reading the comics for some time now. although i had seen the fancy "forum" link before i never bothered actually clicking, as in some way i thought those were mostly about the comics themselves... now that i know better i have read some very interesting threads but never had much to add. but you know how things are going so *poof* here i am ;)

i'm not a native english speaker so feel free to correct my ridiculous grammar misconstructions or blasphemic neologisms :oops:

ossix

michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing

Postby michaelandjimi » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:27 am UTC

I'm Michael, from Sydney, Australia, last year of High School, hoping to get into medicine.

I seem to have everyone else's interests so, ummm... yeah. See you around.
Whelan wrote:Relax, have a good time, and hope for the bees ;)

Speedo

Postby Speedo » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:59 am UTC

Hello to all the fellow newcomers, and the old timers that feel like reading the intro section.

My name's Wiley, pronounced like the famous cartoon coyote. I'm 16 years old, in my junior year (11th grade) of high school, and living in sunny San Diego, California.

My passion in life is swimming. I've been a competitive swimmer for a little over 4 years now and it's the best sport in the world. Being here says a good amount about my schooling preferences; I'm a huge math+physics guy. Love the stuff, can't get enough of it since I enrolled in calculus and physics classes this year.

I'd like to think I've got a good sense of humor and a tendancy to impulsively converse, so hopefully you'll see more of me around here in the future. Chao. 8)

Clara

Postby Clara » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:54 am UTC

Hey

I'm Clara, I'm new, and not nearly as witty as the rest of you :oops:

Jay Jay

Postby Jay Jay » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:49 pm UTC

Hi, I'm Jay Jay, I only recently stumbled on this web comic by accident two weeks ago and I absolutely love it. I don't think I've laughed so hard for 3 hours straight in a long time!!

About me, I'm 21yo Aussie girl (Melbourne... seems to be alot of us?), I'm at university doing bachelor of science. I love animals and plan to study vet science next, for wild/untamed animals in zoo or wildlife sanctuary type situation. I'm 6'1 and frequently feel like a giant. I'm overweight but I'm working with my Fencing coach on it, and its going well. My fav sports are Fencing and Rowing. My favourite colour is somewhere between dark blue and dark green. I have synaesthesia, which is not contagious!!! When I hear music I "see" colours in my minds eye. Whenever I smell green apple laundry detergent I think of Japan. My full name tastes/smells like pot pour re and I don't like it.

I like playing games: my friends wont play card games with me any more, I like solitaire on the computer (there's more to solitaire than the stock standard Microsoft games one!), at the moment I play Sims2 and WoW, in the past I've played the Warcraft's and many many dos games that just don't run properly on new computers :| I like Sudoku, jigsaw puzzles and Mensa books, but its been a little while since I've done those.

I'm also supposed to be asleep right now.

überRegenbogen

Postby überRegenbogen » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:57 pm UTC

Hmmm. What all about me might anyone give a rats ass about?

My name is Brian. My userid is a comment upon the recent rampant abuse of the german word »über« ("over"). It means "over-rainbow". (I'm glad that this forum engine allows diacriticals, as i hate to spell it "uber"; and "ueber" subtracts from the effect.)

From all of this mind-poo, you might guess that i'm a little bit of a language geek (though i'm only well versed in one). ;)

I'm a cat person—which leaps to mind as someone leaps into my lap. :)

I suspect that i've utterly failed to satisfy my opening question. But i'm getting sleepy as i've been up all night (as usual).

Good nig-- er, afternoon. :arrow:
What were you doing at 0x4655434B?

Zorblag

Postby Zorblag » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:51 pm UTC

Hey howdy all.

So I says to myself, "Self," I says, "it's entirely possible that I'll have a desire to post on these forums at some point in the future. Why not register and introduce yourself now so that it will have been done should this situation in fact arise?"

This time it seems I listened to what I had to say. I had no good answer to my question and instead decided to follow the implied advice.

I'm 32, reside in the Seattle area and enjoy cider of most sorts, a nice logic puzzle now and then, that look people get when they're just understanding something complicated for the first time, otters and various other things that I'll currently leave unspecified. There's a fairly good chance that I'll do more lurking than posting (that seems to be my tendency historically) but I'll be about.

Here's to everyone having a lovely day.

-Zorblag

seekinghelp

Postby seekinghelp » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:06 am UTC

Hello everybody!

I am.... seekinghelp...

I come from a foreign country so please excuse my bad english :oops:

My ID was originally going to be something else,, but I got messed up with COPPA...

I tried to contact Mr. davean for help, but I was concerned that I would be offending someone so I did a little search.
Eventually I found out about others with my plight and about that Mr davean(are titles neccessary in this fora?) has a strcit policy of not helping unless I have a good reason ..... :cry:

Well, I was
Spoiler:
careless
complaining wouldn't be fair and think I should live with it ..

Hmm.. I like computers a lot! I used to study CS when I was young but ended up in med school...
An old friend reminded me of the good ol' days( he got some medals at IOI in '06 and '07... or was it '05 and '06???) and that made me register to this forum(and why in earth does that make sense?)

Anyway I greet you all!!

Blubb3r3ng3l

Postby Blubb3r3ng3l » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:19 am UTC

Sorry, made a few posts before I came to this one. I'll slap myself on the wrists so you don't have to.

I'll be honest, I came here because I was sick of 4chan. *sorry*. I promise I will never troll, be as bigoted or blatantly hateful here, because I'm not. Most people there are honestly intelligent, kind people, who just like unleashing their inner devil through the glories of internet anonymity.

I'm a 21 year old biology/environmental study major, management minor from Minnesota. I abso-freaking-lutely love the outdoors, and cooking, and biology. It's my thing. You'll see me lurking around the science forum and food forum a lot, and for the most part, I do know what I'm talking about.

Anyways, you'll hear more from me somewhere. Nice to be here.
Let us a little permit Nature to take her own way; she understands Her own affairs better than we ~ Montaigne
embarrass the hell out of me
The only emotion ducks can feel is hate. -__Kit

Lord Aurora

Postby Lord Aurora » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:18 am UTC

AshlerZ wrote:What's up ya'll?

I'm here because Spencer (or whatever his board name is. EDIT: Okay, it's CorranH, that was easy.) made me join.

Name's Ashley, 20 years old, Stockton, CA. Nice to meet you! :D

Stockton, you say? I used to live in Elk Grove. Hi thar. :-)
Decker wrote:Children! Children! There's no need to fight. You're ALL stupid.

Sour Apple

Postby Sour Apple » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:50 am UTC

netsplit wrote:
Well I'm American, born and raised in semirural Michigan. I AM NOT EXTREMELY IGNORANT ABOUT THINGS. I hate the stereotype.

I go to college in extreme rural Michigan and I must say, it's hard not to condone the stereotype with evidence such as that provided to me...
Who I am. [Apparently this isn't obvious: I'm a chick, a bird, a female of your species.]

Hawknc
Oompa Loompa of SCIENCE!

Postby Hawknc » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:14 am UTC

Jay Jay wrote:I have synaesthesia, which is not contagious!!!

I'm fairly certain synesthesia has been discussed here before, and while I'm sure people who have it would disagree with me on this point...seeing colours while listening to music would be *awesome*. :D

(Also welcome etc, yay for the local kids)

pinkgothic

Postby pinkgothic » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:20 pm UTC

Blubb3r3ng3l wrote:I'll slap myself on the wrists so you don't have to.

...no-o-o! *feels cheated out of good ol' wristslapping*
Stuff: own scribblings; favourite mewsic: luxuria & @440; underrated game

shifty eyes

Postby shifty eyes » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:58 pm UTC

Hello xkcd people. I'm Shifty. I'm a student at Penn (not Penn State), likely majoring in physics and philosophy. Some of my friends introduced me to xkcd earlier this year and I've been hooked. More will be discovered about me as I make posts.

Return to “General”