Zelda:Twilight Princess

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Zelda:Twilight Princess, great game or greatest game?

Greatest game
16
14%
Great game
63
56%
I'm not cool enough to have the game yet. I suck!
33
29%
 
Total votes: 112

Thenzon
Posts: 189
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:15 am UTC
Location: Everywhere!

Re: Zelda:Twilight Princess

Postby Thenzon » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:06 am UTC

i wasnt saying that, i was merely noting a similarity between two brilliant game series. it may be that this formula makes for very successful games. I think so.

User avatar
goblin_subway
Posts: 351
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:40 pm UTC
Location: Kansas City, Kansas, USoA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy

Re: Zelda:Twilight Princess

Postby goblin_subway » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:22 am UTC

That could be. Formula makes good game....... see LEGO series. :D Go Indiana Jones!
I am Jack's overused quote.
...
Oh, almost forgot. Fuck MENSA.

User avatar
Maseiken
The Candylawyer
Posts: 2827
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 11:13 am UTC

Re: Zelda:Twilight Princess

Postby Maseiken » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:10 pm UTC

The LEGO series is a great Idea.
Lego SW, complete Saga on the Wii isn't nearly as good as I'd hoped though...
Nowhere near enough customisation, which should be the primary point of a LEGO game!
I can't Imagine Indy is much better...
"GRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOWR!!!!"
(Translation: "Objection!")

Maseiken had the ball at the top of the key...

User avatar
microwaved
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:17 am UTC
Location: NE OH

Re: Zelda:Twilight Princess

Postby microwaved » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:26 pm UTC

I bought this game with my wii on launch day and I've only beat the first dungeon so far. I just haven't been able to get into the game for some reason. I loved the ocarina of time, and I know this it a really good game, so I don't know what my problem is. Oh well, I know I'll go back and beat this game one day.

User avatar
Tony Wonder
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:49 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Zelda:Twilight Princess

Postby Tony Wonder » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:18 am UTC

I voted Great Game, Not as good as OoT but still undoubtedly one of my favourite Zelda games ever

I have only played it on Gamecube though, I have a Wii but I flat out refuse to walk to the right from Ordon village/Kokiri forest to get to Lake Hylia. (Purist) And Link should be a leftie.

I can't rate this above OoT because while I did like the parts with Twilight realm wolf-link, by the third time this happened I was crying out to be able to slash at something with a sword instead of finding little bugs.

Ocarina of Time was therefore more replayable for me. I got/am far too obsessed with that game, I am still playing on it, even trying to find the Triforce still. When Miyamoto categorically said that the Triforce was not an unlockable item in the game I thought "I'll prove him wrong" and spent well over 100 hours scrambling through every bit of lore, fanfiction, objects in the game, trying to find clues as to how to get it, obviously to no avail.

User avatar
Maseiken
The Candylawyer
Posts: 2827
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 11:13 am UTC

Re: Zelda:Twilight Princess

Postby Maseiken » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:10 pm UTC

Tony Wonder wrote:I voted Great Game, Not as good as OoT but still undoubtedly one of my favourite Zelda games ever

I have only played it on Gamecube though, I have a Wii but I flat out refuse to walk to the right from Ordon village/Kokiri forest to get to Lake Hylia. (Purist) And Link should be a leftie.

I can't rate this above OoT because while I did like the parts with Twilight realm wolf-link, by the third time this happened I was crying out to be able to slash at something with a sword instead of finding little bugs.

Wait, so you didn't like TP because you wanted to swordfight more?
WHAT????
The swordfighting in TP Was the most detailed I've ever SEEN, it was fan-fudging-TASTIC!
"GRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOWR!!!!"
(Translation: "Objection!")

Maseiken had the ball at the top of the key...

User avatar
Tony Wonder
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:49 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Zelda:Twilight Princess

Postby Tony Wonder » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:49 pm UTC

Maseiken wrote:
Tony Wonder wrote:I voted Great Game, Not as good as OoT but still undoubtedly one of my favourite Zelda games ever

I have only played it on Gamecube though, I have a Wii but I flat out refuse to walk to the right from Ordon village/Kokiri forest to get to Lake Hylia. (Purist) And Link should be a leftie.

I can't rate this above OoT because while I did like the parts with Twilight realm wolf-link, by the third time this happened I was crying out to be able to slash at something with a sword instead of finding little bugs.

Wait, so you didn't like TP because you wanted to swordfight more?
WHAT????
The swordfighting in TP Was the most detailed I've ever SEEN, it was fan-fudging-TASTIC!


No no, I agree that the sword fighting was terrific, fan-fudging-tastic even, but the twilight realm hunting the bugs parts seemed a little weak, I was hoping for something a little different than hunting down tiny bugs to get light spheres, especially after the first section as the wolf on the Hyrule rooftops and in Hyrule castle. I know it wasn't a huge part of the game but it was a bit of a let down... It was one of those slow paced boring moments that I don't remember having at all in OoT. Other than that it was perfect.

And I would never say I didn't like TP :D

User avatar
Maseiken
The Candylawyer
Posts: 2827
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 11:13 am UTC

Re: Zelda:Twilight Princess

Postby Maseiken » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:09 am UTC

Tony Wonder wrote:
Maseiken wrote:
Tony Wonder wrote:I voted Great Game, Not as good as OoT but still undoubtedly one of my favourite Zelda games ever

I have only played it on Gamecube though, I have a Wii but I flat out refuse to walk to the right from Ordon village/Kokiri forest to get to Lake Hylia. (Purist) And Link should be a leftie.

I can't rate this above OoT because while I did like the parts with Twilight realm wolf-link, by the third time this happened I was crying out to be able to slash at something with a sword instead of finding little bugs.

Wait, so you didn't like TP because you wanted to swordfight more?
WHAT????
The swordfighting in TP Was the most detailed I've ever SEEN, it was fan-fudging-TASTIC!


No no, I agree that the sword fighting was terrific, fan-fudging-tastic even, but the twilight realm hunting the bugs parts seemed a little weak, I was hoping for something a little different than hunting down tiny bugs to get light spheres, especially after the first section as the wolf on the Hyrule rooftops and in Hyrule castle. I know it wasn't a huge part of the game but it was a bit of a let down... It was one of those slow paced boring moments that I don't remember having at all in OoT. Other than that it was perfect.

And I would never say I didn't like TP :D

Ok then... as long as we're clear on that...


Although I must admit,
Carrying a Barrel of Hot Springs-Water across Hyrule Plain to give some guy a Shower?
Not one of the best points.
"GRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOWR!!!!"
(Translation: "Objection!")

Maseiken had the ball at the top of the key...

Manial
Posts: 212
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:52 am UTC

Re: Zelda:Twilight Princess

Postby Manial » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:01 pm UTC

Maseiken wrote:Although I must admit,
Carrying a Barrel of Hot Springs-Water across Hyrule Plain to give some guy a Shower?
Not one of the best points.


I'm up to that point now. It's just not fair! I can deal with the birds that come at you, and the fire-arrow shooting goblins... but why do those stupid green things (Leevers, apparently) have to come out and attack you? :x

I really love the soldiers in Castle Town, though, especially when you rock up as a wolf :D

User avatar
JET73L
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:19 am UTC

Re: Zelda:Twilight Princess

Postby JET73L » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:38 pm UTC

Tony Wonder wrote:I have a Wii but I flat out refuse to walk to the right from Ordon village/Kokiri forest to get to Lake Hylia. (Purist) And Link should be a leftie.

For Wii games, they ought to do more to accomodate left-handed people but for LOZTP, they ought to have made two versions, one like they did where they simply switched everything around so right-handed people wouldn;t have a hard time with it, but another with the original (NGC-style) map and a left-handed Link for LoZ purists and left-handed people. Still, TP rocks, and I'm glad they made a Gamecube version too.
The Summoning of Dragons. Single copy, first edition, slighty foxed and extremely dragoned.
+++OUT OF CHEESE ERROR+++ +++PLEASE REBOOT+++
"I assumed we were walking to the bakery." "You alwaysassume that!"

User avatar
anterovipunen
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:55 am UTC

Re: Zelda:Twilight Princess

Postby anterovipunen » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:44 am UTC

i loved it at first...... but about half way through it got boring, ganondorf is too easy to beat and the ending sucks...... seriously anticlimatic!!

User avatar
Maseiken
The Candylawyer
Posts: 2827
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 11:13 am UTC

Re: Zelda:Twilight Princess

Postby Maseiken » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:35 am UTC

Manial wrote:
Maseiken wrote:Although I must admit,
Carrying a Barrel of Hot Springs-Water across Hyrule Plain to give some guy a Shower?
Not one of the best points.


I'm up to that point now. It's just not fair! I can deal with the birds that come at you, and the fire-arrow shooting goblins... but why do those stupid green things (Leevers, apparently) have to come out and attack you? :x

I don't think that question has an answer...
"GRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOWR!!!!"
(Translation: "Objection!")

Maseiken had the ball at the top of the key...

User avatar
aleflamedyud
wants your cookies
Posts: 3307
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:50 pm UTC
Location: The Central Bureaucracy

Re: Re:

Postby aleflamedyud » Fri May 09, 2008 4:09 am UTC

Gelsamel wrote:
Twasbrillig wrote:Hahahaa... shot taken by me of TP.

Image


Photoshop it into a dong and upload to /b/. A meme will be born.

NOOOO!!!! Stay good Gelsamel!
"With kindness comes naïveté. Courage becomes foolhardiness. And dedication has no reward. If you can't accept any of that, you are not fit to be a graduate student."

Manial
Posts: 212
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:52 am UTC

Re: Zelda:Twilight Princess

Postby Manial » Sat May 10, 2008 7:49 am UTC

I was discussing TP with a friend, and he pointed out the fact that Telma has unusually large breasts. Am I the only one who's vaguely disturbed by this?

User avatar
G Mess
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 7:12 am UTC

Re: Zelda:Twilight Princess

Postby G Mess » Sat May 10, 2008 8:24 am UTC

Manial wrote:I was discussing TP with a friend, and he pointed out the fact that Telma has unusually large breasts. Am I the only one who's vaguely disturbed by this?


The fact that they're large, or the fact that they're painted on?

Manial
Posts: 212
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:52 am UTC

Re: Zelda:Twilight Princess

Postby Manial » Sat May 10, 2008 1:24 pm UTC

G Mess wrote:
Manial wrote:I was discussing TP with a friend, and he pointed out the fact that Telma has unusually large breasts. Am I the only one who's vaguely disturbed by this?


The fact that they're large, or the fact that they're painted on?


Well both, the fact that someone would design such a disturbingly sexual character.

User avatar
Benitosimies
Posts: 326
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:57 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: Zelda:Twilight Princess

Postby Benitosimies » Sun May 11, 2008 12:53 am UTC

Manial wrote:I was discussing TP with a friend, and he pointed out the fact that Telma has unusually large breasts. Am I the only one who's vaguely disturbed by this?


He's cheesed out of his mind.
хлэб и Воля

User avatar
aleflamedyud
wants your cookies
Posts: 3307
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:50 pm UTC
Location: The Central Bureaucracy

Re: Zelda:Twilight Princess

Postby aleflamedyud » Mon May 12, 2008 9:04 pm UTC

Manial wrote:
G Mess wrote:
Manial wrote:I was discussing TP with a friend, and he pointed out the fact that Telma has unusually large breasts. Am I the only one who's vaguely disturbed by this?


The fact that they're large, or the fact that they're painted on?


Well both, the fact that someone would design such a disturbingly sexual character.

What's disturbing about it? If you had given her black skin (racist, I know, but her facial features and body shape (including the large breasts match an Africanoid body) she would have been very realistic.

Or maybe it's just an oblique way of lampshading the fact that nobody (IN GAME, we all know Rule 34) ever gets sexually interested in obviously attractive video-game characters.
"With kindness comes naïveté. Courage becomes foolhardiness. And dedication has no reward. If you can't accept any of that, you are not fit to be a graduate student."

User avatar
Yuri2356
Posts: 729
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:00 pm UTC

Re: Zelda:Twilight Princess

Postby Yuri2356 » Mon May 12, 2008 9:25 pm UTC

Manial wrote:I was discussing TP with a friend, and he pointed out the fact that Telma has unusually large breasts. Am I the only one who's vaguely disturbed by this?

They're not unusual at all - She's a Bartender.

1) Have boobs
2) Serve Alcohol
3) ????
4) Profit!!!

User avatar
JET73L
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:19 am UTC

Re: Zelda:Twilight Princess

Postby JET73L » Tue May 13, 2008 3:20 am UTC

aleflamedyud wrote:(IN GAME, we all know Rule 34)

Uh-oh. You;ve thought of it. Now it;s online somewhere. And I just know there's going to be a LoZTP slashfic with Telma standing in the background, hot but ignored.

yuri2356 wrote:They're not unusual at all - She's a Bartender.

1) Have boobs
2) Serve Alcohol
3)Profit!!!

Fixed. the variable step only applies to cooking bacon. For part-time paintball shop clerks, rule 2 is wear shorts.
The Summoning of Dragons. Single copy, first edition, slighty foxed and extremely dragoned.
+++OUT OF CHEESE ERROR+++ +++PLEASE REBOOT+++
"I assumed we were walking to the bakery." "You alwaysassume that!"

ACU-LP
Posts: 2826
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:39 pm UTC
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: Zelda:Twilight Princess

Postby ACU-LP » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:42 am UTC

This thread seems to have been dead for a while, but I loved the game and thought I'd post about it.
Favourite parts; running around 'drawing' things to death. Also, the part where you assault the desert base; do it at night and snipe the buggers.
Parts that pissed me off; the protecting the cart bit. GODDAMN FIRE! Also, I cant beat the second yeti run; I cant even do what the walkthroughs tell me to do.
Most hated dungeon; the ice one / water one.
Most loved dungeon; Hyrule castle; baddass man with a bazooka and lots of dark knuts to fight.
Most fun glitch / random thing; Getting the ball and chain out when fighting the giant armored lizards; when you spin it, they generally stop in their tracks and watch you, walk slowly toward them and they wont flinch (then they get bashed), or you can walk behind them and they'll watch you, but wont turn (BAM!), or they'll just keep running at you, slowly killing themself on the ball.

Even though the last boss is a pushover (though the teleporting thing annoyed me), there is always the cave of ordeals. Once you have beaten it, try it again (it gets harder).
Best challenge: second (or even first) time round the cave of ordeals; room 50, fight all of the dark knuts at once.
That is hard. (tip; dont helmsplitter them; you'll get hit out of the sky before you can do damage)
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.
Red vs Blue wrote:Wash: That was the worst throw ever. Of all time.
Caboose: Not my fault. Someone put a wall in my way.

User avatar
Intercept
Posts: 717
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:15 am UTC
Location: An blue governed Missouri.

Re: Zelda:Twilight Princess

Postby Intercept » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:56 pm UTC

My biggest problem with the game was pacing.

The first part of the game took a little too long I thought, and could have been cut down a little. The second half of the game went too far quick considering how you were actually doing more stuff than the first half. That being said, still a great game.
"I've always supported pudding, even when it was politically unpopular to do so."-Bill Nye Video

User avatar
Skateside
Posts: 267
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:59 pm UTC
Location: I'm not here, I'm somewhere else, and I'm not coming back
Contact:

Re: Zelda:Twilight Princess

Postby Skateside » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:44 pm UTC

Manial wrote:I was discussing TP with a friend, and he pointed out the fact that Telma has unusually large breasts. Am I the only one who's vaguely disturbed by this?

Do you remember the Great Fairies in OoT? Telma's a bit of an adult character, but those Fairies were down right racy! I think it's something they add for the older fans
Skateside:
Spoiler:
Mercurius wrote: = internet forum hero
studyinserendipity wrote: - impressive!!
krynd wrote:: awesome
d3c31t wrote:... you are amazing
Daria wrote:Shall I attempt further heights of ego-enflation?

User avatar
defaultusername
Posts: 329
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:15 pm UTC
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Re: Zelda:Twilight Princess

Postby defaultusername » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:35 pm UTC

Haven't taken the time to read the whole thread, but I thought I would put in my two pennies worth.
TP is a very good game, but not quite top-notch. In my opinion it has three flaws:

In order of magnitude
1. Link is bloody right handed! What's up with that anyway? I would have preferred a left handed Link any day of the week, even if it meant having to wield the wii-mote with my left hand.
2. No charge-up spin attack.
3. Manual controll of the camera would have been nice.

Note that the GC version has none of these flaws, which, in my opinion, makes it a far better game. Still can't compete with OoT of course, but that goes without saying.
Because phlogiston.

Thenzon
Posts: 189
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:15 am UTC
Location: Everywhere!

Re: Zelda:Twilight Princess

Postby Thenzon » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:12 pm UTC

Im pretty sure there is manual control of the camera in the Wii version. Dont you just press C?

Unless you're referring to controlling the camera in the normal view mode, if so, that's never been in a LoZ game.

User avatar
defaultusername
Posts: 329
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:15 pm UTC
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Re: Zelda:Twilight Princess

Postby defaultusername » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:08 pm UTC

I meant controlling the camera in normal view mode, yes. This feature is present in the GC version of TP, if I'm not mistaken. The camera is not a big problem, but sometimes I find that it is very keen on keeping the view from directly behind Link's back, especially while riding.
Earlier 3-D Zelda games (OoT, MM) didn't have the "smart" camera system featured in TP. Instead, the camera would mostly stay in whatever angle you left it in, until you recentered it behind Link with the z-button.
Because phlogiston.

Klapaucius
Posts: 712
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:00 pm UTC

Re: Zelda:Twilight Princess

Postby Klapaucius » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:15 pm UTC

defaultusername wrote:I meant controlling the camera in normal view mode, yes. This feature is present in the GC version of TP, if I'm not mistaken. The camera is not a big problem, but sometimes I find that it is very keen on keeping the view from directly behind Link's back, especially while riding.
Earlier 3-D Zelda games (OoT, MM) didn't have the "smart" camera system featured in TP. Instead, the camera would mostly stay in whatever angle you left it in, until you recentered it behind Link with the z-button.


Look at it this way, at least TP doesn't have Metal Gear Solid's fixed camera.
Although a Zelda game that played like MGS would be amazing.
500%!

User avatar
lorenith
Posts: 1123
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:35 am UTC
Location: Transient
Contact:

Re: Zelda:Twilight Princess

Postby lorenith » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:41 pm UTC

I have this game and tried playing it over the summer, but Okami won out.

I guess this is a good game, but it doesn't hold my attention as well as *any* other Zelda game I have ever played. I think the pacing for it is horribly slow, and the controls are clunky and frustrating to use.

I don't think I've ever played a game before that gives no no drive to complete it. Most games I'll finish in 2-3 days of obsessive playtime. This game doesn't even bubble to the top of my head.

Maybe I'm just missing out on the good stuff, since I seem to keep getting stuck doing the little wolf parts, and my guy friend did ALL of the goron dungeon. So I have no investment in the game or something I guess.

User avatar
Jebobek
Posts: 2219
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:19 pm UTC
Location: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania Geohash graticule

Re: Zelda:Twilight Princess

Postby Jebobek » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:28 pm UTC

As a standalone game without the Zelda title it would be al all-right game with sub-quality graphics. Is this because they ported up from gamecube?
Image

User avatar
defaultusername
Posts: 329
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:15 pm UTC
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Re: Zelda:Twilight Princess

Postby defaultusername » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:57 pm UTC

Jebobek wrote:As a standalone game without the Zelda title it would be al all-right game with sub-quality graphics. Is this because they ported up from gamecube?

While I recognize that the graphics were, as you say, of sub-standard quality even at the time the game was released, I must say that this does not trouble me at all. In fact, the graphics of TP is one of the things I enjoy the most about the game. The slightly blurred effects adds a, to me, very Zelda-like atmosphere to the game that I believe would easily have been lost had the graphics been of higher quality.
Either which way, the improvement from WW is [imath]\lim_{x\rightarrow\infty}{x}[/imath].
Because phlogiston.

User avatar
Jebobek
Posts: 2219
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:19 pm UTC
Location: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania Geohash graticule

Re: Zelda:Twilight Princess

Postby Jebobek » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:02 pm UTC

Many people, present-company exlcuded, actually welcomed back wind waker graphics seen on the DS. To them it meant less grainy polygons and I sort of agree with that.

That said, what I was actually looking for was a better framerate and smoother attack animation frames within a second. It seemed like a step backwards from wind waker.
Image

User avatar
lorenith
Posts: 1123
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:35 am UTC
Location: Transient
Contact:

Re: Zelda:Twilight Princess

Postby lorenith » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:06 pm UTC

I think it's pretty hard to compare a lot of things between TP and WW.

I would say (from a game cube standpoint), the control scheme and interface is a step back. It seems harder to actually keep control of the character, it's very clunky I don't enjoy combat like I did in WW and OoT. The Interface to change out weapon/item assignments (the circular menu) also is pretty poor and unresponsive. Battle on Epona is even worse, whereas in WW battle from the ship was not a huge frustrating endeavor.

I'm pretty neutral on over world movement, I haven't gotten to do a whole lot in TP, but it seems more boring than what people complain about with sailing. At least in WW it wasn't just point A to B, there was islands everywhere to map, with puzzles to solve on them, and crazy things like giant squids, pea pods, sharks of doom...

Graphics can't be compared if you ask me, I don't really like to do that across styles, because well, it's not fair. Whether the graphics in one are better than the other seems more a matter of taste than one truly being better. I like the graphics in both games they are quite charming.

I think both games have really nice atmospheres, although where dungeons are concerned, if I compare the first two WW dungeons to the first two TP dungeons, WW wins in design and fun factor.

Also, I hate the boomerang in TP, it's awesome in OoT and even better in WW, but in TP the targeting for it is extremely wonked out, trying to target with the TP boomerang just doesn't feel natural, and often it doesn't do what you want it to do.

Thenzon
Posts: 189
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:15 am UTC
Location: Everywhere!

Re: Zelda:Twilight Princess

Postby Thenzon » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:09 pm UTC

There are quite a lot of good points in TP you've missed out on there.

The Sand dungeon was fantastic, the spinner is lots of fun to use, and the boss is brilliant.
The special attacks can be used whenever you want and are really fun to see work.
I personally found the final boss battles really fun, yes, even the horseback fight.
Zant. Awesome boss battle.
Hyrule Temple. That dungeon wins, so many Darknuts to fight.
Etc.

User avatar
Jebobek
Posts: 2219
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:19 pm UTC
Location: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania Geohash graticule

Re: Zelda:Twilight Princess

Postby Jebobek » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:16 pm UTC

I judge the use of gadgets outside of the dungeon and later dungeons, and the spinner was basically useless, a glorified key to get into doors.
Image

User avatar
Maseiken
The Candylawyer
Posts: 2827
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 11:13 am UTC

Re: Zelda:Twilight Princess

Postby Maseiken » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:36 pm UTC

Jebobek wrote:I judge the use of gadgets outside of the dungeon and later dungeons, and the spinner was basically useless, a glorified key to get into doors.

True, but inside the dungeons, it's hella FUN to use.
"GRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOWR!!!!"
(Translation: "Objection!")

Maseiken had the ball at the top of the key...

ACU-LP
Posts: 2826
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:39 pm UTC
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: Zelda:Twilight Princess

Postby ACU-LP » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:08 pm UTC

I found that it was relatively useless.
Sure, you could hit things with it, but it would do very little damage.
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.
Red vs Blue wrote:Wash: That was the worst throw ever. Of all time.
Caboose: Not my fault. Someone put a wall in my way.

User avatar
lorenith
Posts: 1123
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:35 am UTC
Location: Transient
Contact:

Re: Zelda:Twilight Princess

Postby lorenith » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:08 pm UTC

Well right now I'm just judging the game off of it's playability. I will probably finish it eventually, but I promised my guy I wouldn't play it except with him, and that's limited to when I'm not in school.

Really, I think it'll be difficult for me to enjoy it fully because combat is so clunky, going into new dungeons doesn't change the fact that I'll get frustrated with most battles I have to face.

ACU-LP
Posts: 2826
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:39 pm UTC
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: Zelda:Twilight Princess

Postby ACU-LP » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:11 pm UTC

lorenith wrote:Well right now I'm just judging the game off of it's playability. I will probably finish it eventually, but I promised my guy I wouldn't play it except with him, and that's limited to when I'm not in school.

Really, I think it'll be difficult for me to enjoy it fully because combat is so clunky, going into new dungeons doesn't change the fact that I'll get frustrated with most battles I have to face.

For some reason, the one that gave me most trouble was that goddamn suit of armor with he ball and chain; I couldnt get past him (literally) to hit his tail.
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.
Red vs Blue wrote:Wash: That was the worst throw ever. Of all time.
Caboose: Not my fault. Someone put a wall in my way.

Mo0man
Posts: 1258
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:46 am UTC
Location: 2 weeks ago

Re: Zelda:Twilight Princess

Postby Mo0man » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:13 am UTC

ACU-LP wrote:
lorenith wrote:Well right now I'm just judging the game off of it's playability. I will probably finish it eventually, but I promised my guy I wouldn't play it except with him, and that's limited to when I'm not in school.

Really, I think it'll be difficult for me to enjoy it fully because combat is so clunky, going into new dungeons doesn't change the fact that I'll get frustrated with most battles I have to face.

For some reason, the one that gave me most trouble was that goddamn suit of armor with he ball and chain; I couldnt get past him (literally) to hit his tail.

I HATED that guy. You're talking about the one in in the hallway right? I ended up just eating a whole bunch of damage, using up a bunch of fairies, and just killing him by luck. NOT COOL
causa major dormuc vulnero ut ovis goatee
I'm number 20075. Remember that. It's important

ACU-LP
Posts: 2826
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:39 pm UTC
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: Zelda:Twilight Princess

Postby ACU-LP » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:19 am UTC

Mo0man wrote:
ACU-LP wrote:
lorenith wrote:Well right now I'm just judging the game off of it's playability. I will probably finish it eventually, but I promised my guy I wouldn't play it except with him, and that's limited to when I'm not in school.

Really, I think it'll be difficult for me to enjoy it fully because combat is so clunky, going into new dungeons doesn't change the fact that I'll get frustrated with most battles I have to face.

For some reason, the one that gave me most trouble was that goddamn suit of armor with he ball and chain; I couldnt get past him (literally) to hit his tail.

I HATED that guy. You're talking about the one in in the hallway right? I ended up just eating a whole bunch of damage, using up a bunch of fairies, and just killing him by luck. NOT COOL

Indeed; you were supposed to be able to use the cage/walls to get round him, but every time I tried, he intercepted my flight path with a huge freaking spiked ball.
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.
Red vs Blue wrote:Wash: That was the worst throw ever. Of all time.
Caboose: Not my fault. Someone put a wall in my way.


Return to “Gaming”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests