Today I Made:

Apparently, people like to eat.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

freezeblade

Re: Today I Made:

Postby freezeblade » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:38 pm UTC

Today (Well, yesterday) I Made: Pizza!

Friends from L.A. were visiting, and wanted a pizza night, specifically they were craving a taste memory of a pizza joint that used to be frequented in Savannah, GA called the Mellow Mushroom (a chain that I personally have never tried before), and a pizza they used to have called the "Magical Mystery Tour."

Magical Mystery Tour Remix:
Herbed crust (unfortunately not home-made this time, purchased from Trader Joe's, which has decent pizza dough)
Creamy Basil Pesto sauce, Shiitake Mushrooms, Jalapenos, Spinach, Feta, "Italian" cheese blend, topped with green onion post-bake.

Came out bloody amazing, and I'll be keeping it in mind when I plan pizzas in the future. Also made a more standard pizza alongside: standard crust, tomato sauce, red onion, bell pepper, bacon, "italian" cheese blend.
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

Sableagle
Ormurinn's Alt

Postby Sableagle » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:46 pm UTC

Today I made a mess.

Really. Raw egg, cherry smoothie, molten chocolate, quark drips, ghee and whatever the heck else has gone everywhere. Cleaning the oven is not going to be easy either.

P7130005b.JPG

P7130006b.JPG

P7130007b.JPG

I think it turned out really well,
really quite surprisingly well
considering that when I started the next one
I found two too many eggs in the fridge.
Oh, Willie McBride, it was all done in vain.

dubsola

Postby dubsola » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:54 am UTC

That mess really looks like a cake of some sort.

PAstrychef
for all intimate metaphysical encounters

Postby PAstrychef » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:02 am UTC

Cooked some chicken thighs and legs sous-vide, then finished them on the grill with some nice sticky bbq sauce I made up for ribs last week. Roasted corn on the cob on the grill too.
Don’t become a well-rounded person. Well rounded people are smooth and dull. Become a thoroughly spiky person. Grow spikes from every angle. Stick in their throats like a puffer fish.

Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...

Postby Moo » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:07 am UTC

Made a low carb cheesecake, chakalaka bread and homemade salsa for having my colleagues over for a braai last night. Forgot to get the salsa out but the rest was real good, and now I have more salsa for me.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

Return to “Food”