Pot Discussion - Previously in FDA regulation thread

For the serious discussion of weighty matters and worldly issues. No off-topic posts allowed.

Moderators: Azrael, Moderators General, Prelates

hyperion
"I'll show ye...."

Postby hyperion » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:56 pm UTC

Andrew wrote:
parkaboy wrote:pot is illegal. sure its not good for you, but its a helluvalot better than cigarettes and booze.

Pot is illegal because it is deemed to cause social problems, not because of health worries.
No. That is wrong. Alcohol causes severe social problems. There are no health problems associated with marijuana. (Aside from smoke, but all smoke is bad.)

I still can't see why marijuana is illegal, since it wastes taxpayer money on keeping these non-violent criminals in prison and funds gangs. Not to mention that if it was legal, the government could regulate it, keep it clean and tax the hell out of it.
Peshmerga wrote:A blow job would probably get you a LOT of cheeseburgers.
But I digress.

fjafjan
THE fjafjan

Postby fjafjan » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:01 pm UTC

I split this discussion because really, the Legality of Pot and Alcohol does not relate much to the regulation of things that claim to have POSITIVE effects. These things are not addictive, atleast not usually.

I would not mind stricter Alcohol policy, and less strict Pot Policy, as in on Par of that with alcohol. Both are harmful, both have severe negative impacts, I am not sure which is worth and I think there is still much research to be done on that.
//Yepp, THE fjafjan (who's THE fjafjan?)
Liza wrote:Fjafjan, your hair is so lovely that I want to go to Sweden, collect the bit you cut off in your latest haircut and keep it in my room, and smell it. And eventually use it to complete my shrine dedicated to you.

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:09 pm UTC

And I'm locking this, because there are already two discussions on this topic.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

Return to “Serious Business”