Diablo II Mafia [Newbie]: Over. Heroes Win!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Silknor

Re: Diablo II Mafia [Newbie]: Day 3

Postby Silknor » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:58 pm UTC

100 hour time limit on Day 3 from now.
Nikc wrote:Silknor is the JJ Abrams of mafia modding

tastelikecoke

Postby tastelikecoke » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:20 am UTC

I will materialize my suspicions now. Anyone with objection please post. You guys aren't much present here.

Vote: Aardvarki

weiyaoli

Postby weiyaoli » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:50 am UTC

I don't object to it but with lataro away and the others not posting, I don't feel comfortable lynching Aardarki based on just us.
And you thought I was crazy...

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:20 pm UTC

My problem is that I haven't seen anything but a he said/she said betwen Lataro and Aardvarki.

I called on Lataro to provide any evidence other than that and it was ignored.

I call on you to do the same thing.

It's not a case of trusting Aardvarki over Lataro, or vice versa, but simply asking for why the vote/suspicion.

The fact that Lataro had time to reply, but ignored my request, puts him above Aardvarki in my scum list.

Unfortunately, apart from E_H, I have no other reads.
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

weiyaoli

Postby weiyaoli » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:21 pm UTC

FoS: keeneal

No response from him so far D3....

Silknor

Postby Silknor » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:34 pm UTC

Votals:
3-Aardvarki (Lataro, ElectricHaze, Tastelikecoke)

4 to lynch.

Keeneal has requested a replacement.

Silknor

Postby Silknor » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:03 am UTC

Two-Fry has replaced Keeneal.

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:37 am UTC

Welcome Two-Fry.

We need your input, preferably lots of it if possible.
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

tastelikecoke

Postby tastelikecoke » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:38 am UTC

About BN,
If I was rather convinced that Aardvarki is not scum, then I'll be convinced you're scum.

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:13 am UTC

tastelikecoke wrote:About BN,
If I was rather convinced that Aardvarki is not scum, then I'll be convinced you're scum.

I don't understand the logic of that. Please explain.

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:37 pm UTC

BN, it's completely obvious, and the fact that you continually ignore it is either scummy or beyond clueless.

You want me to prove I'm town, I post that if I was scum, given the way events have unfolded, I'd have to be the stupidest scum ever to exist, and you say I don't respond. You yourself say in a D2 post after you claimed when you were called on it by someone else that you "never saw anyone defend themselves from being called scum without claiming". Again, unless you are oblivious, I plainly stated that I wasn't a power in a post D1 or D2. Therefore, I am obviously claiming that as town, I was vanilla town.

You are constantly harping on the same old crap while ignoring the content of my posts where I've already answered what you've said in no uncertain terms.

If you don't like what I've said in previous posts, that spell it out clearly and obviously that I cannot be scum unless you are as well, and that this game is bastard with a four man scum team, unless I am a complete retard, and accept that as an answer to whatever you are constantly droning on about, then you are as stated, clueless, or scum ignoring what is obvious.

That is why I say you and Aardvarki are scum.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:49 am UTC

Lataro, look at it from my point of view:
Yes, everything you have done is point at you being a Townie and that is backed up by my copping you as Townie, but that does not mean that you ARE a Townie. You could be the GF.

IF you are a vanilla Townie, then you defining that Aardvarki is scum is a possible and EH or me is the other scum.
IF you are the GF, then the other scum is obviously myself or EH, due to the counter-claims.
IF you are Meph, then obviously, I am the GF for having 'lied' about your alignment.
(Which means that, YES, I was being a bit thick.)

So, you are either Vanilla or the GF. For both of those scenarios, you are 'safe/safer' from a NK due to scum preferring to NK the Cop, Deputy & DB over any Vanilla.

There is a difference between leading Townie and pressing Town into a direction. You pressed for the Jayhsu lynch, came back Town on the cop and then you led the Vox_Imp lynch. This can viewed as either of good Townie behaviour, or GF bussing his scum-buddy. In the middle, you were advocating an Infina lynch with me as hammer vote, which from my POV, is not Townie behaviour, but scum (as they did) would want to get rid of the DB ASAP.

My trouble now is, that because of your shouty behaviour, I am concentrating on you, rather than viewing everyone.
Unfortunately, I don't remember anyone having anything positive , other than 'follow Lataro' about who is scum.

I need to re-read.

Silknor

Postby Silknor » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:03 am UTC

A little over 12 hours left.

Aardvarki

Postby Aardvarki » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:32 am UTC

Vote: Lataro

When I come back town, make sure you take a look at those who pushed so hard to have me lynched. Lataro has essentially laughed off the comments made against him and used the town's momentum against me to push for my lynch. Don't let him do it again D4.

Good luck, town!
-Aa
Weeks wrote:The only Dexter I really know is the one with the lab

Two-Fry

Postby Two-Fry » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:08 am UTC

Vote: Ardvarki

Oooookay. So, I'm just going to post a quick summary of our situation, so that people can correct me, because if I'm right there's really nothing to be arguing about.

Secretary, Discerning Bomb, Diablo and 1 Vanilla Townie are dead
Electric Haze and Big Nose have both roleclaimed cop

If I'm right, which I very well may not be, given that I sorted through 9 pages of wall of text posts (which is really not very newbie friendly) to find this, we should lynch Ardvarki. If he turns up town, we lynch Electric Haze, who will be either Mephisto or Baaal. If he comes up Mephisto, we lynch BN, who will probably be Baaal. (If he comes up Baaal we go WTF? and lynch EH)

So if EH is cop, we end up at D4 with 4 Townies and a Godfather. If he's not, we end up at D5 With 3 Townies and a scum. Either way, good for town.
podbaydoor wrote:^What this person said.

Silknor

Postby Silknor » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:49 am UTC

Was there ever a match for sharpened swords and arrows alighted? The old hermit claimed there was. He spoke of the sharpest blade of them all, the heaven-blade which slices through diamond like it was water. The blade of Logic, may he who wield it not be corrupted.

Aardvarki has been lynched. He was Mephisto (Mafia Spying Secretary). It is now night 3.

Silknor

Re: Diablo II Mafia [Newbie]: Night 3, Meph Drops A Unique!

Postby Silknor » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:15 pm UTC

Our heroes examined the shiny loot that Mephisto dropped: the "Blade of Uncertain Devastation." This jagged knife boldly advertised itself as giving +500-1000 damage per attack and always hitting. Tasteslikecoke carefully leaned forward to pick it up, thinking it would be a powerful weapon for him to have on his way to Baal. Afterall, while Logic alone might defeat Baal, it would take something a bit bloodier and more direct to get through Baal's Minions. But just as Tastelikecoke leaned over to pick up the dagger, a devious little monkey from Hell appeared in front of him and, wrapping its tail around TLC's legs, tripped him. TLC lost his balance and fell on top of the blade, which foolishly had been left with the tip straight up. The other heroes, seeing the demise of TLC in such a way, decided that rather than use the "Blade of Uncertain Devastation" they would instead simply flee the area and hunt Baal with their own trusted weapons.

Tastelikecoke has been killed by the Mafia. He was a Brave Adventurer (Vanilla Townie).

It is now Day 4. 5 Players remain, 3 to lynch.

ElectricHaze

Re: Diablo II Mafia [Newbie]: Day 4

Postby ElectricHaze » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:19 pm UTC

I don't really think I need much explanation here.
Vote: BigNose
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.

Two-Fry

Postby Two-Fry » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:22 pm UTC

Vote: Big Nose
Let's get this over with, shall we?
podbaydoor wrote:^What this person said.

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:12 pm UTC

Vote: Big Nose

for obvious reasons. If by some slight chance he comes back cop on lynch, we equally obviously lynch EH D5.

weiyaoli

Postby weiyaoli » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:13 pm UTC

I think we need to hear from lataro and BN first but I'm all for lynching BN now.

weiyaoli

Postby weiyaoli » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:13 pm UTC

EDIT:

Oops. That was a quick D4...

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:20 pm UTC

weiyaoli wrote:I think we need to hear from lataro and BN first but I'm all for lynching BN now.

Well, it's rightly taken for granted that it's either me or E_H, so guess who I'm voting for.

A little quick to make up minds, especially as EH was more than a little missing for most of the last day.

Still, . . .

Vote: Electric_Haze

weiyaoli

Postby weiyaoli » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:39 pm UTC

Well I wanted everyone to post first I guess and forgot that since Mep was out there was no point in annoucing cop results.

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:41 pm UTC

well, technically, the lynch is already done, it was 3 to lynch, and my vote was the third. The order didn't matter much, as it was a guaranteed town win at this point though.

Silknor

Postby Silknor » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:07 am UTC

It didn't take long once Mephisto fell to root out evil once and for all. ElectricHaze quickly grabbed the monkey that killed Tastelikecoke and started questioning him. The ArchAngel Tyrael must have had great power indeed for he barely had asked who the monkey's boss was, when the monkey from hell, playful despite its corrupted nature, fingered BigNose as Baal. Behold! The monkey is more powerful than the cop! Nothing deceives the Monkey of Great Deception But Significantly Less Loyalty! ElectricHaze quickly voted for BigNose and 2 of the 3 remaining townies followed his lead immediately. And did our heroes, and their devious hell monkey half-ally, rid Sanctuary of the Prime Evils forever.

BigNose has been lynched. He was Baal (Mafia Godfather).

The town is victorious! Congratulations to the surviving townies:

Electric Haze
Two-Fry (replaced Keeneal)
Lataro
Weiyaoli

and those poor sacrificed townies as well.

Role/Night Action list:
Spoiler:
8 Town
1 Discerning Bomb-infina
1 Cop-Electric Haze
1 Spying Secretary-Phoenix Engima
5 Vanilla Townies:
Weiyaoli
Keeneal
Tastelikecoke
Lataro
Jayhsu

3 Mafia
1 Mafia Godfather-BigNose
1 Mafia Goon-VoxImperatoris
1 Mafia Spying Secretary-Aardvarki

Day 1 lynch: Jayhsu

N1:
Cop: Lataro
Mafia NK: Phoenix Enigma

Day 2 lynch: Meatyochre (Vox)

N2:
Cop: Aardvarki
Mafia Nk: Infina

Day 3 Lynch: Aardvarki

N3:
Cop: Doesn't Matter
Mafia NK: Tastelikecoke

_infina_

Re: Diablo II Mafia [Newbie]: Over. Heroes Win!

Postby _infina_ » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:13 am UTC

I had somehow picked out the entire mafia midway through page four, and it was a completely random choice. I hope I can do so again.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

tastelikecoke

Postby tastelikecoke » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:19 am UTC

I didn't have any chance to death scream!!?

tastelikecoke

Postby tastelikecoke » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:22 am UTC

Fun game, but I missed the fun somehow.

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:24 am UTC

I had all sorts of un.

Will I ever be trusted again?

weiyaoli

Postby weiyaoli » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:26 pm UTC

Wtf...

You know what, that was the boldest claim ever.... so don't expect me to trust you on claims now BN since that was the only thing stopping me from voting for you...

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:43 pm UTC

BN gave himself away to me early as mafia, only partway through day two did I figure he was Baal, at first I thought he was Mephisto. Vox got scummier as d2 got longer, giving unhelpful scenarios, but from the beginning I had a feeling Vox was vanilla, and I was right about that, but wrong at first about alignment. Aardvarki was really just a random choice I had. But randomly picking one from the top and middle of my list actually worked.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

Return to “Mafia”