Gargoyles Mafia - Game Over: Xanatos Gambit (Scum Win)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

DaBigCheez

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 1: Reflections of the Self

Postby DaBigCheez » Fri May 11, 2012 5:56 pm UTC

Stop! Hammertime!

Confusion reigned in the Studios as all tried to figure out what had happened, and who to blame. Accusatory fingers were pointed in all directions, but little momentum was gathered - only a few fingers came to rest on any one person, with fearless receiving the most suspicious glances early on before those gazes were hesitantly cast elsewhere.

Then, in a burst of activity, those in attendance decided to stop being fearful about the day's duty, and fearlessly bound fearless tight and threw her from the rooftop.

Hoping their decision had been a good one, and seeing the first rays of the sun's light peeking over the horizon, the lucky thirteen remaining nodded to one another and split up to their separate roosts for the day - but some of them had something else to do before going to sleep...

Sunrise Votals:
CaptainFinglass: 2 (BoomFrog, KrO2)
fearless: 8 (ahammel, CaptainFinglass, careyhammer, JesseScottOwen, mpolo, Snark, UniqueScreenname, wam)
mpolo: 1 (Mostlynormal)
wam: 1 (matt96)

fearless has been lynched. Her role will be revealed at sundown.

It is now Day 1. Day 1 will last until no later than Monday, 5/14/2012, 4:00 PM PDT/11:00 PM GDT (approximately 77 hours from now). The Night may begin sooner if all actions are submitted promptly and consent to end the Day is obtained from all relevant parties.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

DaBigCheez

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby DaBigCheez » Mon May 14, 2012 10:59 pm UTC

The sun’s last rays disappear over the horizon, and shortly thereafter, the group reconvenes. Sighs of relief sound around the room as a quick headcount shows they’re all still here.

Well, except for fearless, of course.

With more time on their hands, they go to inspect the body where it’s fallen to the ground. The illusion spell on fearless has faded with her death, and a shattered pair of glasses belie her identity even before they’re able to flip her body over and search for more clues. The cell phone in her front jacket pocket, from which she doubtless coordinated any number of activities against the Manhattan Clan, may have done more damage over the years than any weapon...

fearless was Owen (Roleblocker). She was aligned with Xanatos Enterprises (Scum) and was Human.

Nobody has died during the Day.

Now, it was time for them to get back to their grim work. There were still more impostors among them, and they certainly weren’t going to root *themselves* out. Of course, it remained to be seen if thirteen would stay their lucky number...

It is now Night 2.
Night 2 will end on Friday, May 18 at 16:00 PDT (23:00 GMT), exactly 96 hours from now.

13 players alive, 7 to lynch.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

ahammel
My Little Cabbage

Postby ahammel » Mon May 14, 2012 11:11 pm UTC

DaBigCheez wrote:Nobody has died during the Day.

Well done doctors and roleblockers.

On that topic, since it's unlikely that mafia withheld their daykill and it's more than likely that there's at least one more (Demona), the roleblock target last night was, more than likely, anti-town.
He/Him/His/Alex
God damn these electric sex pants!

JesseScottOwen

Postby JesseScottOwen » Mon May 14, 2012 11:37 pm UTC

Well, I'm debating as to whether or not I should spill what I know. Yep, I'm going to.

I am Broadway. I am a member of the Manhattan clan, and a Roleblocker. I found this picture of him, and I love him:

I roleblocked Boomfrog.

Vote: Boomfrog
"And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them."

I'm giving up smiling for Lent. Not really.

Mostlynormal

Postby Mostlynormal » Mon May 14, 2012 11:48 pm UTC

Wow, we hit scum on N1. That's pretty good. I thought I'd look back at the votes for people who helped bring the fearless wagon to critical mass (a terrible move for a scumbuddy), but I can't really find anybody. Before the roleclaim the votes were never over four people, which is about half the necessary for a hammer, and after the roleclaims it was everybody rushing to not lynch claimed power roles.

Ninja'd: That's a huge FoS on Boomfrog, but I'm going to wait for everyone to have a chance to counterclaim before I start a bandwagon rolling.

KrO2

Postby KrO2 » Tue May 15, 2012 1:24 am UTC

Well, if DBC hadn't ended the day first I was going to unvote CaptainFinglass after the claim and probably vote for JSO. Who has now claimed. Not a great day for me. Well done everyone else, though.

On to the present, I'd like to hear BoomFrog's response before I vote, but I'd be kind of surprised if it keeps me from voting him. I'm thinking something like a credible claim of a main character who would be expected to be in the game.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Tue May 15, 2012 1:42 am UTC

Busy in RL. My power worked last day. I can prove it if I have to.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

JesseScottOwen

Postby JesseScottOwen » Tue May 15, 2012 1:53 am UTC

Well, I know there are questions of sanity, and since I obviously cannot check to see if my power works, I'd like to hear from Boomfrog.
"And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them."

I'm giving up smiling for Lent. Not really.

UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.

Postby UniqueScreenname » Tue May 15, 2012 2:00 am UTC

Yeah, since no one has refuted JSO's role claim yet, proof definitely seems necessary. I certainly think the main Trio of the series would all be characters here.
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Tue May 15, 2012 2:08 am UTC

You mean you want to hear my proof? We've already got 3 full claims out there and the first two weren't very disastrous, but there is supposedly a reason to not mass claim.

That said there were likely two kills prevented so there's no harm in waiting for any other RB claims. If everyone posts and no more RBers claim then ill post my proof.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

ahammel
My Little Cabbage

Postby ahammel » Tue May 15, 2012 2:47 am UTC

We should also consider the outside possibility that the doctor and all the kills targeted the same player last night. BF is still the best lynch target at present, given how unlikely that is, but I'll wait to hear from everybody before dropping a vote.
He/Him/His/Alex
God damn these electric sex pants!

careyhammer

Postby careyhammer » Tue May 15, 2012 4:10 am UTC

Happy to have survived the day. :D
DUCK!

CaptainFinglass

Postby CaptainFinglass » Tue May 15, 2012 4:39 am UTC

I'm not dead. Considering my role claim, that's kind of fantastic.

To business. BF, what makes you say that there were likely two misfired kills instead of just one? While JSO has pretty compelling evidence there, it's not enough to make me vote just yet, but I'd like to hear your defense.
Allons-y!

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue May 15, 2012 6:24 am UTC

I have a result. Since there was no death, I can't know whether the person I followed was a doctor, a roleblocker, or scum. For now, I'll hold onto that name.

However, CaptainFinglass was visited last night.
Image <-- Evil experiment

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Tue May 15, 2012 6:34 am UTC

Posting by phone today. N1 spec still applies. Xanatos+Demona=2 DK.

KrO2

Postby KrO2 » Tue May 15, 2012 7:33 am UTC

We did have a claim of a main character. So it is plausible that both kills (or all kills? I'm kind of assuming just Xanatos and Demona) and the doctor targeted CaptainFinglass. Which in turn means that either BoomFrog failed to carry out a kill or mpolo's target probably did.

This is way tenuous, of course. The worst assumption I'm making was that CF wouldn't have been targeted by anyone except the mafia, the SK and one protector. I suppose there could be a watcher or something. If there is, they'd be able to give us more complete information than mpolo could, so of course Murphy's Law prevents this from having happened. I can't think of many other roles that would want to target someone who's probably town, but maybe someone else can.

Wait. A watcher would have helped us. What if we have everyone say whether they targeted CF? Not claim their role names or their powers, just say that they targeted her. There is likely at least one scum in that list, but not admitting to it would be a risk because mpolo might be able to call them on it. Maybe they'd take that risk, but it's at best one out of some unknown number from their point of view. And the sooner they answer, the better they look, since the fewer people have said they did the less knowledge they have of the risk. I can't think of a significant downside, and I'm fairly confident that others will agree this is a good idea. So I'll start and say that I did not target CaptainFinglass D1.

If BF is scum, this list becomes less valuable (because it's unlikely that there's more than one scum on it) but is still probably worth having. If people decide to follow this plan, please nobody take a yes or a no answer as strong evidence of scumminess by itself, though.

careyhammer

Postby careyhammer » Tue May 15, 2012 7:44 am UTC

I hope this is a rational thing to admit:

I targeted CF. mpolo followed me.

I still stand by my original claim that I am not a scum.

BF is scum and he knows that I am not scum.

vote BoomFrog
DUCK!

KrO2

Postby KrO2 » Tue May 15, 2012 7:51 am UTC

All mpolo said was that someone targeted CaptainFinglass, and he didn't say who. Presumably there was more than one person. How do you know you were the one he followed? Don't answer that. If you somehow know mpolo followed you, there's no reason to let scum know you know it, or they'd be able to safely deny targeting CF and this would all be pointless.

careyhammer

Postby careyhammer » Tue May 15, 2012 8:05 am UTC

Oops, you're right. Either mpolo followed me or followed another player who targeted CF. Luckily CF survived.

Do we have any cops? What were the investigation results?
DUCK!

wam

Postby wam » Tue May 15, 2012 8:05 am UTC

I can confirm that Boomfrog was not roleblocked. If people want more details I will give them but for now I'm just going to leave it at that.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

careyhammer

Postby careyhammer » Tue May 15, 2012 8:11 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Busy in RL. My power worked last day. I can prove it if I have to.

So, we can confirm that BF is lying here?
DUCK!

wam

Postby wam » Tue May 15, 2012 8:26 am UTC

No the opposite.

Boomfrog did use his power, or at least was not roleblocked so could have used it.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Tue May 15, 2012 8:31 am UTC

KrO2 wrote:What if we have everyone say whether they targeted CF? Not claim their role names or their powers, just say that they targeted her.
I agree that this is an excellent idea. I did not target CF.

careyhammer

Postby careyhammer » Tue May 15, 2012 8:33 am UTC

JesseScottOwen wrote:Well, I'm debating as to whether or not I should spill what I know. Yep, I'm going to.

I am Broadway. I am a member of the Manhattan clan, and a Roleblocker.
I roleblocked Boomfrog.

Vote: Boomfrog

so was JSO lying? Please excuse my noobish queries.
DUCK!

wam

Postby wam » Tue May 15, 2012 8:37 am UTC

JSO may have been roleblocked himself or redirected onto another player.

As his roleclaim hasn't been countered I think he thought he was telling the truth. (hope that makes sense)

Also can people please not use CF as we have captain finglass and chickenfish playing in this game.

So boomfrog which CF did you not visit?

KrO2

Postby KrO2 » Tue May 15, 2012 8:40 am UTC

This makes me suspect a redirect rather than JSO lying. If he wanted to lie to frame BoomFrog, there are easier ways. Like a cop claim, to keep it simple. And the only person to have suggested the possible existence of a redirect was BF himself, so I'm not sure what to think. Or maybe we just have a sanity problem like Jesse suggested.

wam, I may want to hear some of these exonerating details later, since it's possible that you are just lying to cover his back, but for now I doubt we have any liars. Which is unfortunate, since I'd prefer an easy lynch.
Also, could you say whether you used a power on CaptainFinglass?

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Tue May 15, 2012 9:41 am UTC

wam wrote:So boomfrog which CF did you not visit?
ChickenFish is not in this game. We should only be claiming if we did or did not target Finglass since I agree with Kr02 that it's very likely one or two kills were targeted at her.

wam

Postby wam » Tue May 15, 2012 9:45 am UTC

Sorry my bad.

I did target finglass, the important question at the moment is did anyone re-direct me or boomfrog?

if no one did I am going to be voting for boomfrog.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Tue May 15, 2012 11:18 am UTC

wam wrote:Sorry my bad.

I did target finglass, the important question at the moment is did anyone re-direct me or boomfrog?

if no one did I am going to be voting for boomfrog.

Wait, are you explicitly claiming that you either watched Finglass or tracked me and saw me target FinGlass? Because I can disprove that too.

wam

Postby wam » Tue May 15, 2012 11:21 am UTC

I might as well explicity claim.

I watched finglass last night. The message I got was "your target was visited by boomfrog".

Hence why I was asking about redirects.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Tue May 15, 2012 11:47 am UTC

Alright this is getting pretty weird. I'm a mason recruiter and I defiantly recruited my target who is not FinGlass. I can ask them to say hi to prove it but I'd rather not obviously.

wam

Postby wam » Tue May 15, 2012 11:50 am UTC

I think the easiest way out of this mess is if whoever redirected me claims.

Snark

Postby Snark » Tue May 15, 2012 12:04 pm UTC

Helpful summary! Because I can't tell what the crap is going on.

JSO says he roleblocked BF
BF says "My power worked and I can prove it"
mpolo says CF was visited last night
KrO2 says he didn't target CF
careyhammer says "I targeted CF. mpolo followed me"
careyhammer says "Oops, you're right. Either mpolo followed me or followed another player who targeted CF."
wam: "I can confirm that Boomfrog was not roleblocked."
BoomFrog: "I did not target CF."
wam: "Boomfrog did use his power, or at least was not roleblocked so could have used it."
wam: "I did target finglass, the important question at the moment is did anyone re-direct me or boomfrog?"
BF: "Wait, are you explicitly claiming that you either watched Finglass or tracked me and saw me target FinGlass? Because I can disprove that too."
wam: "I watched finglass last night. The message I got was "your target was visited by boomfrog"

mpolo says ? visited CF
wam says BF visited CF
careyhammer says he visited CF
BF says he did not target CF but mason-recruited non-CF
JSO says he roleblocked BF

I can help clear this up. I am a compulsive Bus Driver. I targeted: BoomFrog and UniqueScreenname.

So that means that JSO roleblocked US, wam saw BF visit CF, and BF successfully mason-recruited someone.

So either wam is lying about seeing BF visit CF, or wam was redirected, or BF is lying and actually did visit CF. The last one is unlikely if BF's mason-recruit speaks up for him.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue May 15, 2012 12:59 pm UTC

And I tracked UniqueScreenName.

Now, what does this mean?

Either USN tried to visit CaptainFinglass and was switched after my tracking,

or I actually followed BoomFrog, thinking I was following USN [the message was of course, generic enough to support this, something like "your target visited…"]

or I followed USN to the person that BoomFrog had targeted.

None of these make a lot of sense. Maybe I'm missing something.

UniqueScreenname

Postby UniqueScreenname » Tue May 15, 2012 1:06 pm UTC

I got roleblocked last night, but I wasn't targeting CF. So if no one tried to roleblock me, then there definitely is a redirect happening.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

Snark

Postby Snark » Tue May 15, 2012 1:16 pm UTC

Summary so far.

JSO roleblocked US, wam saw BF visit CF, mpolo saw BF visit CF, and BF successfully mason-recruited someone.

So both of mpolo and wam were redirected or are lying about seeing BF visit CF, or BF is lying and actually did visit CF, or BF got redirected.

It's looking more like BF visited CF, but he says he didn't and that he mason recruited someone else.

I'm guessing it's about time for BF's mason recruit to speak up for him, if they exist.

And if someone redirected wam or mpolo or BF, they should speak up as well.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue May 15, 2012 2:00 pm UTC

I suppose there's still the possibility of some of our cops/follows/etc. being insane. Maybe we don't have any real information at all from our actions.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Tue May 15, 2012 2:17 pm UTC

Wait, wait wait, so mpolo tracked Unique targeting Finglass, but unique claims she knows she was roleblocked and wasn't targeting Finglass anyway? So, either mpolo was redirected or Unique is lying. (or mpolo is insane)

And I recruited *someone* and wam watched Finglass but saw me visit his target, so wam was redirected onto *someone* or wam is lying or I am lying (or wam is insane)

I'm waiting for another redirector claim (or two) for this to make any sense. I'd guess one of mpolo/wam was redirected and the other is insane.

UniqueScreenname

Postby UniqueScreenname » Tue May 15, 2012 2:33 pm UTC

I think the problem is with the trackers: wam/mpolo. They each got results that don't make any sense with what people are claiming, and I may be naive, but I'm inclined to believe JSO and Boomfrog, at least for now. I don't think it's likely that there would be two insane trackers, so if no redirectors claim, I think one of them is lying.

My only proof of what I did last night is to role claim, and I'd rather not do that unless my claim is being seriously doubted.

CaptainFinglass

Postby CaptainFinglass » Tue May 15, 2012 3:04 pm UTC

Well I'm lost. But I can say this: at least one of the people who visited me last night is scum, for sure, because I know specifically that someone (but not who) targeted me as a kill.

So unless they can explain it, FoS to Cary, for immedietly assuming mpolo watched him and distancing himself from being scum, and huge FoS at BF, unless his mason recruit pipes up.
Allons-y!

Return to “Mafia”